ICANotes Reviews

4.07/5 (70 reviews)

Christine Navarro

Very Basic Program , could be great but needs to be updated

Reviewed 2018-02-20

It is easy to use and easy to train new employees to use it. Overall it is simple to train new Mental health techs for our Mental health rehab ( community based services) It is easy to access from the field, but clicking is difficult because of the way you must click when using it on a tablet or smart phone. The system is relatively easy to use for those new to the industry. It is less expensive than many of the other integrated programs, BUT once you realize you now pay for the ehr/billing program and now you are gettiing a seperate bill for the clearing house and you are having to pay a monthly fee for each mental health tech and each licensed person both to icn and to a clearinghouse, it is suddenly much more expensive than using a high end integrated service.

Deborah Dadds, LCSW-C, CEO

AN EMR DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THAT DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PRACTICE.

Reviewed 2016-12-16

We have been using the ICANotes program for 4 yrs. The customer service has been exceptional and courteous. They offer webinars and training for all aspects of the program and include tutorials on their website which is great when hiring new staff. ICANotes has assisted us with issues and accommodated our needs when modifications/adjustments were requested to suit our practice needs. The team at ICANotes has responded and implemented several options we suggested to improve our service delivery to clients. In addition, ICANotes has added many features to the program to meet the growing demands in the field of behavioral health. I love the fact this EMR was created by Dr. Richard Morgenstern, a psychiatrist. This program was specifically designed for behavioral health and not a modified version or altered from a medical model template. It is also a plus that one of the offices of ICANotes is within 30 min from our agency. Their staff was available to visit us and provide support when we opened in 2012. I have seen this company grow rapidly in 4yrs. since using this program which as benefited us in our growth as well. I gave ICANotes for every category primarily because it is well deserved for their hard work in keeping up with integration and the ever changing guidelines with coding, billing, and documentation etc., in behavioral health, which has made my life so much easier with running my business. However, the I gave for the value of money is a double edged sword.....And in no way do I want this to reflect as a negative connotation to the program. The rating is not entirely due to the cost of ICANotes program but also includes regulation guidelines set forth by many Insurance providers. The reimbursement rates set by insurance providers are not increasing at a rate they should be to providing services in behavioral health field. An increase in rates would tremendously help offset the additional costs accrued for agency's to remain in compliance with state, federal and local regulations thus, allowing agencies to add additional features that could really benefit service delivery. **Just an idea.......maybe to see some type of incentive programs offered to exist ICANotes customers who are growing and continue to add clinicians and features to their ICANotes program. That would be great. All in all, this is a phenomenal program, and I would highly recommend it to all behavioral health clinicians and practices. The program does everything we need. All tasks can be completed with the features encompassed in the program.

Jill Weldon

Finally, an EMR worth discovering!

Reviewed 2016-10-27
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been working within ICANotes for approximately 2 years, having transitioned from two different EMR systems. Overall, I have found ICANotes to afford a much broader spectrum of clinical flexibility for progress notes and new assessments. Care procedures, symptoms, medications, and historical data are all-inclusive and well organized for ease of use, which is vital for a fast-paced environment such as the one I work in. My particular job involves scribing for psychiatrists during back to back assessments for an acute psychiatric care hospital. This involves obtaining important historical data, current client concerns, daily medication changes, progress, and treatment plan options, all which have to be captured as quickly as possible as client is seated in assessment room. Having such an organized system helps me maintain an accurate and quick speed, which is crucial to my work. This is the first program I have used that caters to this need. I appreciate the ability to build algorithms, to quicken my pace, and ICANotes affords me this ability. The various chart screens are easy to maneuver and contain clear and thorough guideline categories that require just a click of a button to incorporate into the notes. The medication areas are user-friendly and contain a broad selection of medications to choose from. At each chart front page, it is easy to see allergies and medical concerns in one glance, which promotes safety and easy recall to providers, when necessary.

Michael Fisher

ICANOTES REVIEW

Reviewed 2012-02-01

Overall I would give ICANOTES high marks for ease of use and customizability .ICANOTES operates much faster than I expected even though the computing is done in the cloud. I had feared it would be like Allscripts prescribing system which is quirky and slow. I anticipate that using ICANOTES will allow me to go fully paperless within a year. I have found it very easy to use and learn very quickly. I was able to complete almost all my notes during visits with patients by the second day of use. I also found that typing personalized information was actually easier than handwriting notes .As I see a fair number of Workmans Comp patients it insures legibility and makes for a more refined note which has to be submitted with claims. I have not yet used the customizable buttons yet (I've only been at this one week) but expect that using them will make my notes seem more like what I naturally write. I also like the ability to upload documents into patient charts. I had been exploring the possibility of moving to electronic records a number of years ago and kept coming back to ICANOTES. I had not pursued till now because I expected the learning curve to be steep and long. That has not been the case and I wish I had done this years go. Using DrFirst prescribing system with ICANOTES is a plus as it is integrated and quick.

Michael Fisher

Yes to Icanotes

Reviewed 2018-08-26

I have been using Icanotes since 2012 and do not regret the decision to go with Icanotes. I had researched numerous EHR's and found this one to be most affordable and customizable. There have been little problems along the way, but support has been right on top of correcting any problems. It also is a do it all EHR, including progress notes, billing, patient portal, etc. I highly recommend it.It is easy to learn to use. First day I used it, I was able to keep up with notes throughout day. E prescribing is integrated with Dr. First which makes for easy record keeping and taking care of renewals. Icanotes is also customizable by creating buttons which will insert appropriate language where needed.

Evelyn Seaton, LCSW, ACSW

Software blessing!

Reviewed 2012-02-01

Since I am an individual in private practice, I cannot speak for how well this works for groups. Yet, I can tell you it is a Godsend for myself and my billing agent, who is also registered on my account and can simply look at the appointment schedule for the week, see who came in, and go do the billing for those sessions. We no longer have to make time to meet, dragging along files and flash drives. I love that it takes only 5-20 (max) minutes to document anything, from initial evalutation to routine follow-up sessions. I certainly do recommend this software for any therapist who would enjoy appropriate documentation without reinventing complete notes from scratch after each session. At professional meetings I share with colleagues routinely about this software. My mentor, now retired, exclaimed (while sitting at my side, observing the ease and speed of utilization), "Where was THIS when I was in practice?!?"I shopped for months to find an affordable and adequate program to assist me with keeping my documentation up to date. When I found ICANotes I was very pleasantly surprised to find it has exceeded my initial expecations. Once I got caught up with documentation, I found it takes only minutes to document after each session, adding the individual's unique comments and my observations easily to the appropriate sections allowed in the format. So easy to edit, save and print. I am a very grateful therapist!

Michael Southern

One the best EHRs I have ever used including the "big names".

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-07-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Simply the best customer service of any company I have had the pleasure of working with. Throughout the whole company everyone is constantly working to accomplish some not so simple things (well as I see anyway) and this is to work for the providers to meet all the requirements of federal, state and private insurance sources while accomplishing meaningful use standards to get the provider paid appropriately for the level of services medically needed at all levels of Mental Health Service. Some companies just talk, not this one. They are always there when I need them and I have been with them for 4 years. Now I am just one provider but so far as I can see this company ICA NOTES could handle all you needs no matter how large. Michael Southern Board Certified Psychiatric APRN Garden City, Kansas. elementsofchangemsouthern@gmail.com. So many things but the biggest pro for me as an individual provider is not having to type and still reach the highest medically correct billing. The ability to auto post payments from the clearinghouse right into ICA Notes is worth gold to me.

Kayla Riley

Great product overall!

Reviewed 2016-12-14

Our office began using this software 3 years ago when we first opened and ICANotes has been great ever since. The support team is excellent and they are always updating to make new features and improve user experience. If ever there were questions, they were quick to answer all of them. Impressed with the software. It was easy to use for everyone from new employees to seasoned veterans, young and aged. :) Only improvement I would make is to the calendar, but I know they are working on that. :) Great product, highly recommend. Ease of note completion, preset prompts and questions for notes and assessments, e-prescribing, support team

KARA HEUGLY

ICANOTES GETS 5 STARS OF EVERY THING------ BEST PROGRAM

Reviewed 2018-01-19

OUR RECORDS ARE HIPPA COMPLIANT, SUPPORT IS THE BEST EVER. IT IS A LARGE PROGRAM WITH MANY FEATURES. TUTORIALS ARE ON YOUTUBE AND CHAT IS AVAILABLE CONSISTENTLY WITH TRAINED PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH WELL. IT IS UPDEATED AND IMPROVED ALL THE TIME.IT IS UPDATED CONSISTENTLY. THE SUPPORT IS IMMEDIATE AND THOROUGH!! CHAT IA AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME. THEY SPEAK ENGLISH CLEARLY. THEY OFFER TRAININGS AND TUTORIALS AND CONSULTATION. THE SUPPORT PEOPLE ARE HELPFUL, KIND AND WELL TRAINED. THEY CAN DO REMOTE HELP ALSO.

Roberto D'Lorm

Texas Addictions

Reviewed 2016-12-16

Love ICANotes. If we could have an easy way to get the ICD 10 codes, better medication database and a little faster it would be the perfect software (at least for me). The built-in templates (phrases) and that is perfect for the field of addictions.

Eddie Tessnear

Tech savvy user

Reviewed 2012-02-01

The best overall dynamic documentation program I have seen so far. Learn to work around the limitations and you'll probably like the product. It does help you save time. Note, however, that if you have a low-volume practice it may not be as cost effective as it is with practices that have a high level of patient flow.Lots of features. Staff welcomes suggestions for changes. Much can be done with a few clicks. Some customizability. Once you get the hang of it you can produce a reasonably good clinic note in a brief period of time. Top level management will respond if you ask. I think one of the best features is that you can access it from any computer with an internet connection, at no extra cost.

Heather Jackowell

2 years with ICANotes and very pleased

Reviewed 2016-04-13
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the preset options that are available. I use many of them to speed up note taking. I also like the ability to add my own quick key options. My notes can be done very quickly with this program. I have a Macbook air and it works wonderfully. One thing that is important to me is customer service. I have used the online chat as well as called the support number. I am extremely impressed with the staff. They are fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. I always know when I contact support it will not take long and they will solve my problem.

Jared Ray

Excellent Platform for Integrated Care Practice

Reviewed 2016-05-21

ICANotes has been a solid system providing the flexibility and compatibility needed in today's complex healthcare system(s). Initially and even today, ICANotes promotes itself as a behavioral health platform. However, as a larger Integrated Care private practice with over 30+ users and a multidisciplinary team of professionals this EHR has been able to meet every need we have had and more. The platform does require improvements to hopefully navigate away from being accessed through RDP (remote desktop) only, but this among other things the ICA team tackles head on and I cannot say enough about their support team(s) from sales to development and EDI. We continue to use ICA with confidence knowing that if/when we have a need it will be met promptly by a team that is knowledgeable in today's ever changing healthcare world, but a team that is also small enough to care making us feel they are truly "Pro-Provider" which is rare among the corporate world of electronic health record systems. We use every feature daily including e-Rx., assessment & clinical documentation, billing and laboratory result integration. ICANotes has nearly every feature for full clinical practice management outside of specific accounting capabilities and a time-clock - everything else happens in ICA. Our practice has been satisfied overall based on our direct experience with the software and our relationships with the people behind it. EHR can be a scary leap to take (especially for the one(s) paying the bills), but I am confident we made the right choice based on our unique practice and needs.

Sara Rosenquist

IcaNotes for Psychology

Reviewed 2017-01-09

IcaNotes is clearly written for psychiatrists primarily so it is less flexible than I would like as a psychologist. Still, it is a good value, my notes get done quickly and the printout always looks professional.It's easy to use.

Jillian Rotzenberg

Slightly satisfied.

Reviewed 2017-06-07
Review Source: Software Advice

We would appreciate a patient portal or mobile capabilities (i.e. tablets, smart phones, etc). We appreciate the versatility with creating initial assessment or progress notes (i.e. tabs, buttons, etc.).

Carl Stephens

ICANotes is a great boost to my mental health practice

Reviewed 2011-07-06

I used to spend 1-2 hours daily on documentation. With ICANotes, I spend only 2-3 minutes per session note, which frees me up for one to two extra session each day. My practice consists almost exclusively of Medicaid clients. The documentation requirements for Medicaid are very strict in my state. I have been audited twice by the state Medicaid auditors. Half of the content audited in my first audit were session notes I created manually before switching to ICANotes. The auditors found many discrepancies in my documentation from the period I was manually creating my session notes (typos, times incorrect, wrong date, wrong CPT code, members in family sessions not identified, etc.), but none after I switched to ICANotes. The only discrepancy in the second audit, which was entirely content created in ICANotes, was one missing session note. The auditors rated my clinical documentation as the most comprehensive they had seen.Templates for most types of encounters. Session notes are done with a few mouse clicks on preloaded buttons. Compiled notes are very comprehensive. It is simple to generate hard copies of documentation, if required. Signature pages, release forms, and other papers can be scanned an added to the client's file electronically, allowing for complete elimination of hard copies of file contents. ICANotes team is very receptive to customizing product, and very responsive to suggestions for improvements.

George Bailey

ICANotes-- OUTSTANDING

Reviewed 2016-12-14

I have used ICN for almost 4 yrs now and I continue to be very pleased. It is an excellent EHR for behavioral health. The format is easy, documentation is quick and also very easy. Training videos are excellent. The staff are exemplary and service could not be better!!. I highly recommend this software. As a very busy child and adolescent psychiatrist, ICN has made my life so much more manageable.EVERYTHING

Michael Lesko

ICANotes Review

Reviewed 2016-12-14

I have mixed views regarding ICANotes. The company sent out a representative to address agency-specific needs and did not follow-up regarding this meeting. In fact, an employee of the organization is no longer, and issues are still unresolved. Ease of use, access to customer service via online chat.

Kara Heugly

It's the best. I've bought several. This one wins!!

Reviewed 2018-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

The willingness to make changes that help us. We need a Domestic Violence category. Their respomse: "we will work on it. " Accommodating!

Julie Thompson

Product works great WHEN IT WORKS! So frustrating that it has so many glitches (almost weekly)

Reviewed 2017-08-02

I love the ease of documenting a well organized psychiatric note. HOWEVER I'M ON THE PHONE WITH IT AGAIN THIS MORNING!!! I feel like I have to come into work early just in case ICAN is down.

Kelly Gifford

ICANotes Reviewer

Reviewed 2018-08-27

We've been using ICANotes for almost a year. I excitedly tell everyone who works in this field (SUD Residential) to check out ICANotes very reasonably priced program. We love the tech support, the video instructions on youtube and the ease of the software's use. The program is the easiest I've seen. Being a nurse-I've used many different software programs too!! We love ICANotes and have nothing but great reviews to give to the software program!!Technical support, instructional video tutorials, ease of use.

Celso Lobao, MD   Medical Director

Used in Large Inpatient Setting: > Than 10 Years

Reviewed 2012-02-02

Highest recommendation. No reservations. I am an "early user" and have been using ICANotes for over ten years.Button driven narrative note is fast, easy and secure. Supports multitude of symptoms + adult and child population. Program scores and delivers valid E/M code specific to inpatient (and outpatient) setting. Can pull up any note 24/7 from any computer anywhere in the world with internet connection. Progress note can be constructed in two minutes. Supports practice management services. Easy access to live customer support via phone or internal email. Tablet friendly. Program is designed to support various practitioners Including: psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, nursing, social workers, dietary, pastoral counselors and supports basic medical H & P. Can download demo from this site: www.icanotes.com Not required to sign a contract. Very reasonable priced. Software buttons are clinically relevant and program is easy to learn. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Prisca Nwizugbo

Frustrating and time wasting due to connection problem

Reviewed 2015-11-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the layout of the documentation. Technical support are friendly even when my needs are not being met

Amber Helme

Could Use More Features. Slow at times

Reviewed 2016-12-14

ICAnotes can be slow to load at times and you see lags especially when billing. Missing the ability to void claims which would be great. Auto post on payments does not always flow well and can make record keeping confusing. Great software but could be better with some tweeks.Charting is simple and flows well

Carl Stephens

Best thing I've done to improve my practice.

Reviewed 2015-03-06
Review Source: Software Advice

It has quick and accurate session notes. Many standard statements are pre-programmed onto buttons, and there are many customization options. The company has a real focus on customer service. They do a great job of advising customers if there are any performance or other problems. Customer communication is outstanding. I have increased my productivity by as much as two sessions per day in the time I save using this product.