ICANotes Reviews

Review Summary

Pros

Support staff are very helpful and always available. ICAN Notes is affordable and has been a good investment for my practice.

Yanik L.

The support and training that has been provided to our team has been fantastic. The ease of use had made transition for new hires to acclimate and provide quality documentation.

Margaret B.

The ease and functionality of the electronic health system is helpful for new employees. Also, the availability to create customized areas that are suited to your company's needs is superb.

Remonica T.

Cons

They seemed clueless of how to transfer data. They were unable to transfer records from a group practice without having to recreate the entire record.

Melissia B.

I canceled SFAX due to poor customer service and excessive cost, and ongoing failed faxes. Approximately 6-10 in any given day.

Deborah D.

The servers often go down, and on multiple occasions data has been lost due to this. The calendar is cumbersome, and SLOW.

Amber D.

4.2

Great medical charting software

Medical charting

Pros

Lots of templates and easy to click through to get notes done, with the items you need to bill insurance.

Cons

It took a lot clicking to complete a note and it takes time to learn where things are. The learning curve was too steep for me.

Using ICANotes for clinical practivce

Pros

ICANotes offers all the necessary features to document clinical notes and asessments and at the same time to be in compliance with regulatory mandates by insurance companies and the government.

Cons

A dasboard to track documented and unducumented sessions that would allow to track any undocumented session. Also,

Very Basic Program , could be great but needs to be updated

It is easy to use and easy to train new employees to use it.

Pros

Overall it is simple to train new Mental health techs for our Mental health rehab ( community based services) It is easy to access from the field, but clicking is difficult because of the way you must click when using it on a tablet or smart phone. The system is relatively easy to use for those new to the industry. It is less expensive than many of the other integrated programs, BUT once you realize you now pay for the ehr/billing program and now you are gettiing a seperate bill for the clearing house and you are having to pay a monthly fee for each mental health tech and each licensed person both to icn and to a clearinghouse, it is suddenly much more expensive than using a high end integrated service.

Cons

The billing software is a horrible, with repeated problems and errors, very limited audit trail, very limited ability to speak with the best clearing houses, relegated to smaller, less advanced clearing houses, lots of lag, slow at times, notes that are saved disappear, lots of weird glitches that tech support has no clue on how to resolve the issues. It is too busy to look at, if you are dealing with...

Finally, an EMR worth discovering!

I have been working within ICANotes for approximately 2 years, having transitioned from two different EMR systems. Overall, I have found ICANotes to afford a much broader spectrum of clinical flexibility for progress notes and new assessments. Care procedures, symptoms, medications, and historical data are all-inclusive and well organized for ease of use, which is vital for a fast-paced environment...

Pros

I appreciate the ability to build algorithms, to quicken my pace, and ICANotes affords me this ability. The various chart screens are easy to maneuver and contain clear and thorough guideline categories that require just a click of a button to incorporate into the notes. The medication areas are user-friendly and contain a broad selection of medications to choose from. At each chart front page, it is easy to see allergies and medical concerns in one glance, which promotes safety and easy recall to providers, when necessary.

Cons

A primary concern has been connectivity continuity. Our office has had to switch to a web based launch, as opposed to remote log-in, due to considerable interruptions and stalls, which were were very time consuming and frustrating, given the pace that my work requires to be maintained. However, the connection options we have now are much improved, overall. For the purpose of creating a tidy note, I also would prefer that categories to be left-align in each section so that the headers would not appear to be floating in the middle of the page. This may seem like a small thing, but, when creating over 30 notes a day and spending time left-aligning each category of use, this can be a time hindrance.

ICANOTES REVIEW

Overall I would give ICANOTES high marks for ease of use and customizability .ICANOTES operates much faster than I expected even though the computing is done in the cloud. I had feared it would be like Allscripts prescribing system which is quirky and slow. I anticipate that using ICANOTES will allow me to go fully paperless within a year.

Pros

I have found it very easy to use and learn very quickly. I was able to complete almost all my notes during visits with patients by the second day of use. I also found that typing personalized information was actually easier than handwriting notes .As I see a fair number of Workmans Comp patients it insures legibility and makes for a more refined note which has to be submitted with claims. I have not...

Cons

It was a little difficult to be able to upload patient data - not because of ICANOTES but because other systems do not setup data to enable conversion to excel or csv files (Therapist Helper, for example). I also found that prescribing systems do not share information either (Allscripts). I fortunately did have enough data from my scheduling program(Scheduleview) to get the baics put in. I was getting a little panicked at the thought of having 700 patients entered manually. The scheduling program in ICANOTES is a little underpowered as I would like to see it have the capacity to send out reminders which I understand is being investigated.

Software blessing!

Since I am an individual in private practice, I cannot speak for how well this works for groups. Yet, I can tell you it is a Godsend for myself and my billing agent, who is also registered on my account and can simply look at the appointment schedule for the week, see who came in, and go do the billing for those sessions. We no longer have to make time to meet, dragging along files and flash drives....

Pros

I shopped for months to find an affordable and adequate program to assist me with keeping my documentation up to date. When I found ICANotes I was very pleasantly surprised to find it has exceeded my initial expecations. Once I got caught up with documentation, I found it takes only minutes to document after each session, adding the individual's unique comments and my observations easily to the appropriate sections allowed in the format. So easy to edit, save and print. I am a very grateful therapist!

Cons

Since I am one who does not enjoy reading manuals, I was happy to learn from videos provided by ICANotes. However, I would have preferred to have just "explored" the software and figured it out, I did sit through a few hours of video training to discover how to do what I needed to do. (I must admit I am happy to have those videos available for swift research, when needed.)

ICANotes works for me

Pros

I can breeze through the progress notes and intersperse information of the current session. Notes are comprehensive which allows me to feel secure of proving medically necessary treatment. Support is very good in all areas, such as sales, technical support, and one-one training. It did take me some time to really learn the software. I really need to learn more in order to better utilize the software.

Cons

I was disappointment there wasn't a website that could be integrated, and there was no telehealth software. Although, I understand Icanotes will soon be adding telehealth as a feature very soon.

Great EHR System

The transition from my previous EHR System was very easy. Customer Support have been amazing and always available to assist if there are any problems. There are many tutorials available for needed to assist in becoming familiar with the software features and navigation. I am very satisfied with the EHR and happy that I transitioned to ICANotes.

Pros

I have actually recommended ICANotres to 3 colleagues since transitioning to your EHR system. I love it, increase productivity, and easy navigation. Support Team is wonderful.

Cons

I have very satisfied with this EHR and have no concerns or issues identified.

Overview: The product along with the excellent traing has been easy for me to learn.

With Icanotes my notes are much faster and know I am going to incorporate the billing at my office.

Pros

The organization of the working from left to right.

Cons

The selection of the drop down choices tend to be more pathalogicall then the clients I see therefore I end up typing more than I would like.

Texas Addictions

Love ICANotes. If we could have an easy way to get the ICD 10 codes, better medication database and a little faster it would be the perfect software (at least for me).

Pros

The built-in templates (phrases) and that is perfect for the field of addictions.

Cons

Getting ICD 10 codes, not a good medication database and the time it takes to process some of the steps.

AN EMR DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THAT DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PRACTICE.

We have been using the ICANotes program for 4 yrs. The customer service has been exceptional and courteous. They offer webinars and training for all aspects of the program and include tutorials on their website which is great when hiring new staff. ICANotes has assisted us with issues and accommodated our needs when modifications/adjustments were requested to suit our practice needs. The team at ICANotes...

Pros

The program does everything we need. All tasks can be completed with the features encompassed in the program.

Cons

Minor issues...... 1- I find the appointment book is extremely slow. I was told it would improve several months back but, the staff reports this most often and is the most reported issue that becomes time-consuming for staff scheduling and is frustrating for clients waiting on the phone. 2- Populating the Treatment Plan - when completing a follow-up treatment plan it populates every treatment plan...

Yes to Icanotes

I have been using Icanotes since 2012 and do not regret the decision to go with Icanotes. I had researched numerous EHR's and found this one to be most affordable and customizable. There have been little problems along the way, but support has been right on top of correcting any problems. It also is a do it all EHR, including progress notes, billing, patient portal, etc. I highly recommend it.

Pros

It is easy to learn to use. First day I used it, I was able to keep up with notes throughout day. E prescribing is integrated with Dr. First which makes for easy record keeping and taking care of renewals. Icanotes is also customizable by creating buttons which will insert appropriate language where needed.

Cons

Initially, there were some quirky things about navigating , which have since been corrected.

Hi Michael, thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for being a long-term customer! We really appreciate the review and we're looking forward to serving you in the future.

Best EHR for the mental health professional!

I believe ICANotes represents the best value in EHR for the small two medium-sized mental health practice. No other system offered is as well tailored to providing the type of medical charts kept by mental health professionals. The vast majority of EHR systems on the market were designed for standard medical practices geared towards labs/procedures/meds and are ill-suited to the needs of the mental health professional.

Pros

Built from the ground up for psychiatry needs, and quite customizable. Allows the quick creation of patients notes without the need for much typing. Integrates EHR with billing and calendaring to provide a complete solution for individual providers or small to medium practices.

Cons

Visual interface is dated, some tasks take many clicks to accomplish. However, both of these are being worked on by the company.

One the best EHRs I have ever used including the "big names".

Simply the best customer service of any company I have had the pleasure of working with. Throughout the whole company everyone is constantly working to accomplish some not so simple things (well as I see anyway) and this is to work for the providers to meet all the requirements of federal, state and private insurance sources while accomplishing meaningful use standards to get the provider paid appropriately...

Pros

So many things but the biggest pro for me as an individual provider is not having to type and still reach the highest medically correct billing. The ability to auto post payments from the clearinghouse right into ICA Notes is worth gold to me.

Cons

The only con to this program is it does yet have the ability to let customers self schedule or reschedule but I think this may be in the works.

Great product overall!

Our office began using this software 3 years ago when we first opened and ICANotes has been great ever since. The support team is excellent and they are always updating to make new features and improve user experience. If ever there were questions, they were quick to answer all of them. Impressed with the software. It was easy to use for everyone from new employees to seasoned veterans, young and aged. :) Only improvement I would make is to the calendar, but I know they are working on that. :) Great product, highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of note completion, preset prompts and questions for notes and assessments, e-prescribing, support team

Cons

Calendar, not compatible for medical services

From a medical director’s point of view I like this system

I’ve been using the system for over 10 years. I do strongly prefer it to systems that are not specific to mental health. It definitely helps me train clinicians that I hire and bring into our system.

Pros

The ease-of-use and it is very helpful to have the checkbox symptom. I like the ability to do electronics prescribing. The system of clicking buttons to insert text helps speed documentation.

Cons

Sometimes glitchy. At times it will slow down. These issues are not unique to this program and I have experience been with multiple other electronic medical record’s. P

ICANOTES GETS 5 STARS OF EVERY THING------ BEST PROGRAM

OUR RECORDS ARE HIPPA COMPLIANT, SUPPORT IS THE BEST EVER. IT IS A LARGE PROGRAM WITH MANY FEATURES. TUTORIALS ARE ON YOUTUBE AND CHAT IS AVAILABLE CONSISTENTLY WITH TRAINED PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH WELL. IT IS UPDEATED AND IMPROVED ALL THE TIME.

Pros

IT IS UPDATED CONSISTENTLY. THE SUPPORT IS IMMEDIATE AND THOROUGH!! CHAT IA AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME. THEY SPEAK ENGLISH CLEARLY. THEY OFFER TRAININGS AND TUTORIALS AND CONSULTATION. THE SUPPORT PEOPLE ARE HELPFUL, KIND AND WELL TRAINED. THEY CAN DO REMOTE HELP ALSO.

2 years with ICANotes and very pleased

Pros

I like the preset options that are available. I use many of them to speed up note taking. I also like the ability to add my own quick key options. My notes can be done very quickly with this program. I have a Macbook air and it works wonderfully. One thing that is important to me is customer service. I have used the online chat as well as called the support number. I am extremely impressed with the staff. They are fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. I always know when I contact support it will not take long and they will solve my problem.

Cons

I think the old 2008 windows interface could use some updating. There is probably a better flow they could come up with for placement of buttons but once you get used to where everything is it doesn't matter. Learning any notes program takes time at first.

ICANotes Reviewer

We've been using ICANotes for almost a year. I excitedly tell everyone who works in this field (SUD Residential) to check out ICANotes very reasonably priced program. We love the tech support, the video instructions on youtube and the ease of the software's use. The program is the easiest I've seen. Being a nurse-I've used many different software programs too!! We love ICANotes and have nothing but great reviews to give to the software program!!

Pros

Technical support, instructional video tutorials, ease of use.

Cons

It's a remote desktop connection (for us) and I'm unsure if that matters to some people. We have NO COMPLAINTS....this program is awesome.

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate the positive feedback and are glad to hear that you're enjoying our software.

Excellent Platform for Integrated Care Practice

ICANotes has been a solid system providing the flexibility and compatibility needed in today's complex healthcare system(s). Initially and even today, ICANotes promotes itself as a behavioral health platform. However, as a larger Integrated Care private practice with over 30+ users and a multidisciplinary team of professionals this EHR has been able to meet every need we have had and more. The platform...

IcaNotes for Psychology

IcaNotes is clearly written for psychiatrists primarily so it is less flexible than I would like as a psychologist. Still, it is a good value, my notes get done quickly and the printout always looks professional.

Pros

It's easy to use.

Cons

It's geared to psychiatry, not psychology (it's like non prescriber use is an afterthought). Although they say you can customize it, I haven't found that to be true in practice.

ICANotes is a great boost to my mental health practice

I used to spend 1-2 hours daily on documentation. With ICANotes, I spend only 2-3 minutes per session note, which frees me up for one to two extra session each day. My practice consists almost exclusively of Medicaid clients. The documentation requirements for Medicaid are very strict in my state. I have been audited twice by the state Medicaid auditors. Half of the content audited in my first...

Pros

Templates for most types of encounters. Session notes are done with a few mouse clicks on preloaded buttons. Compiled notes are very comprehensive. It is simple to generate hard copies of documentation, if required. Signature pages, release forms, and other papers can be scanned an added to the client's file electronically, allowing for complete elimination of hard copies of file contents. ICANotes team is very receptive to customizing product, and very responsive to suggestions for improvements.

Cons

None for me.

ICANotes-- OUTSTANDING

I have used ICN for almost 4 yrs now and I continue to be very pleased. It is an excellent EHR for behavioral health. The format is easy, documentation is quick and also very easy. Training videos are excellent. The staff are exemplary and service could not be better!!. I highly recommend this software. As a very busy child and adolescent psychiatrist, ICN has made my life so much more manageable.

Pros

EVERYTHING

Cons

Not a one

It's the best. I've bought several. This one wins!!

Pros

The willingness to make changes that help us. We need a Domestic Violence category. Their respomse: "we will work on it. " Accommodating!

Cons

We love everything. No criticisms. They answer quickly when we need their help. Chat is available most of the time during days.

Used in Large Inpatient Setting: > Than 10 Years

Highest recommendation. No reservations. I am an "early user" and have been using ICANotes for over ten years.

Pros

Button driven narrative note is fast, easy and secure. Supports multitude of symptoms + adult and child population. Program scores and delivers valid E/M code specific to inpatient (and outpatient) setting. Can pull up any note 24/7 from any computer anywhere in the world with internet connection. Progress note can be constructed in two minutes. Supports practice management...

Cons

There are no cons. ICANotes is a "must have" for any behavioral health practioner, outpatient or inpatient.