Luma Health Reviews

4.85/5 (27 reviews)
Pros
  • I love the self-automation. It's amazing that you can set perimeters to pretty much every function.Taylor E.Read the full review
  • My personal favorite thing about Luma is there willingness and desire to grow and adapt their product based off of their customers needs.Kristen B.Read the full review
  • Customer support has been fantastic and has worked with me on every change I have requested.Becky J.Read the full review
Cons
  • The biggest downside to Luma is the limitations as it relates to scheduling specifics for doctors. There is some (but not a lot) of flexibility.Rick H.Read the full review
  • The confirmations are very simple and our no show rate decreased by 19.Craig G.Read the full review
  • I haven't found anything that I don't like and that is something I can rarely if ever say about any company and its programs.Eileen P.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Caitlyn Bednarek, M.Ed.

All around wonderful

Reviewed 2019-02-20

With Luma, we've seen an increase in appointment attendance and a decrease in last minute no-shows/cancellations. We have additionally seen a spike in positive reviews/recommendations on our social media platform. Overall, Luma has been a huge asset to our practice- their customer service is top notch and we're very happy with them!

Pros
Optional appointment waitlist feature Customizable appointment Reminder Local number (for reminders) Positive feedback from patients feeds to social media and other web outlets (customizable) Negative feedback from patients provides the opportunity to submit an anonymous response to a customized set of questions, so we can better serve our patients Seamless connectivity with our EHR system (NextGen)

Cons
We have one type of appointment (infusion) that we don’t want patients to cancel via text message. Even if we phrase the reminder in a way that doesn’t provide the option, some of our patients are tech-savvy and still respond with "No/Cancel" and the appointment will cancel due to the way the system is engineered. I have spoken with other reminder systems similar to Luma to see if this is just a Luma issue, and it seems that it’s an across-the-board issue. I'm confident that if Luma was capable of changing this for us, they would.

Kristen Boyd

Luma Health is A Gamechanger for Any Medical Practice

Reviewed 2019-09-27

My overall experience with Luma Health has been wonderful. Luma has drastically decreased our no show rate. Reminders have been awesome in getting everyone confirmed and prepared for their appointments. The appointments that do get cancelled either in ample time or last minute Luma's waitlist feature is a lifesaver. Our provider's schedules are always full and patients are extremely happy because they get to be seen sooner. Luma has done wonders to help bridge happy patients with our Google and social media pages to share their experiences with us online. Patients leave meaningful honest reviews about visiting us that we truly appreciate. We love our patients and we're so happy to hear stories of why they continue to come back to our practice again and again.

Pros
Its hard to pick one thing! Luma covers all the bases on patient engagement, HIPAA compliant texting, custom reminders, recall messages, feedback/social media reviews, online scheduling, you name it! Our patients love their appointment reminders from Luma and so do our doctors. We can customize when and how often they go out and can change the script per appointment type so patients who are coming in for certain procedures can be given separate instructions to prepare for their appointment. Luma Health have been rockstars in improving their new online scheduling platform. Its fantastic. Patients are able to enter in all pertinent info for their desired appointment including reason for visit, insurance information, changes in phone number/address, etc and are only shown times which match their appointment criteria. My personal favorite thing about Luma is there willingness and desire to grow and adapt their product based off of their customers needs. We have been with Luma for 2 years now and I can't tell you how many things have been added to their platform based off of customer feedback. You ask for a change or make a suggestion and it basically comes out in the Product Updates the next month. Bravo for actually listening to your clientele and making actionable changes based off of feedback. That is so rare when working with EHR systems and other medical software.

Cons
Luma's customer service is absolutely top notch, to be clear I have ZERO complaints about that. But it's hard that the main way to get a hold of Luma for support is by email/ticketing. We are located on the east coast and because of the time difference sometimes the answers to my questions come after I leave for the day and I don't get to address them until the next morning.

Response from Luma Health

Kristen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We're so grateful for your partnership and are thrilled to hear how we've been able to support your practice in keeping schedules full and patients happy!

Angela Harrild

Customizable

Reviewed 2020-01-31

We no longer have to make reminder calls! The reminder messages go out consistently, and it isn't a big deal to take someone off the list of receiving messages. Sometimes I have to search for someone by phone number, and LUMA lets me do that - our EMR does not.

Pros
I love that Luma gives us the opportunity to customize the messages that go out to our patients. We have used other software that didn't and this capability is huge for us. Luma sends a patient satisfaction question also, which feeds into an NPS score. Their reports give us good information. We can also send PHI secure text messages to specific patients, as needed. Luma has features that we haven't fully utilized, but the ones we use are so helpful. As far as support, the support team is very quick to respond and help resolve any problems!

Cons
Sometimes I just need to talk to a human, but the main communication is through email. There are times when a phone call provides greater clarity.

LeaAnn Bormann

Can't Live Without Luma

Reviewed 2020-02-12

From the beginning of implementation to present day, I can't say enough great things about what this software can do for your practice.

Pros
I like almost every feature the software has to offer. It makes daily life at our busy dermatology front desk so much more efficient and easier from referrals, to our waitlist. The patient reminder calls we absolutely can't live without. You get to choose how often you would like your patients to receive that reminder call.

Cons
There isn't anything that I can think of that I do not like about the software.

Devan Barfield

Luma Review 11/7/19

Reviewed 2019-11-07

Overall great. Quick responses from support.

Pros
Text reminders, broadcast, feedback, being able to communicate with patients via text.

Cons
Sometimes the broadcast are difficult to send.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Michel Rodriguez

LUMA review

Reviewed 2019-05-20

Very satisfied with the product. I recommend it to any practice who has the EMR connectivity for LUMA Health. It has decreased our staff time for them to be doing tasks that can easily be handled by the software, where as helping them to focus on other important items within the office. Their pricing is much lower then what the EMR wanted to charge us for the same tasks.

Pros
LUMA has built a variety of features that can be utilized in our EMR system, and they are steadily building their portfolio. Unlike other companies, they are very responsive and intuitive with ideas that perhaps they can build upon. For example, we use to have one company who provided new patient packets for patients to fill out and access, and then another company to process them. Now LUMA has taken that and within the same product, the patient can now get a reminder, fill out the form, and easily transcribe it into our EMR system.

Cons
Rarely, but some ideas do not go as planned or need to be reconstructed. The insurance verification side of the software is a great idea, but needs to accommodate for patients who have more the one insurance. Also would like to see this expanded to include rx cards as well.

Eileen Plitnick

Still Loving Luma!

Reviewed 2019-05-20

If we run into an issue, I have a specific person I can contact who knows my office and its needs. My person gets back to me the same day, usually within a few hours. We have implemented the SMS messaging from reminders to referrals to billing and more. The patient response has increased tremendously and we are able to customize the Luma programs to our specific needs.

Pros
I love the forward thinking and quick release of new features that actually work as they as should. Luma looks at the healthcare industry, the populations served and finds solutions to improve the quality of service to provide a better patient experience. Their support staff are very knowledgeable and are able to take care of any issues that might occur.

Cindy Berumen

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Pros
Broadcasts to our patients when we need them to call us to re-schedule appointments has been a life saver. There have been times that we have had emergencies in our doctor's schedule and need to re-schedule 70 patients. Sending a mass message at the same time has helped us tremendously.

Cons
What is still a hard concept to get used too is not being able to call customer support. There are certain topics that in my opinion require talking to a live person immediately. Maybe having the ability to chat instantly online with someone would be helpful as a way to distinguish if it is a true emergency to talk to someone over more routine questions.

Response from Luma Health

Thank you for your review, Cindy! Your clinic has been so great to work with. We're glad to hear that Broadcasts are improving direct communication with your patients.

Your feedback is invaluable and we're always exploring new ways to improve your experience with Luma Health's support team.

- Sona

Rosie Castillo

Excellent Quality and User Friendly

Reviewed 2019-11-06

Pros
Our practice has used Luma since its launch. It is extremely user friendly and is of excellent quality. Lets not forget that their team is extremely helpful and always follow up. We wouldn't plan on changing services. Thanks Luma Team!

Cons
We have not came across any issues with Luma Health so we cannot say that there isn't a thing that we do not like.

Kelli Sato

Operations Manager

Reviewed 2019-11-06

There are a lot more positives then negatives. For my money it has been so helpful, it’s like having a dedicated employee for a fraction of the price.

Pros
It saves us a lot of time and money sending out our reminders and cancellation offers. Since it works directly with our Electronic medical records it can even fill appointments for us over the weekend while we are closed.

Cons
It’s sometimes hard to get ahold of a person for help. Occasionally we don’t know why it has offered an appointment we had closed.

medhavi jogi

Excellent software for all private practice patient-communication and more

Reviewed 2018-10-24

I help manage two medical practices and Luma is the best kept secret. It smooths out all of our internal processes.

Pros
1. Easy to use 2. Intuitive 3. Allows for filling schedules without human involvement 4. Referral management 5. Patient messaging 6. Automated actions based on visit types and other key factors . Custom messages tied to and ICD or visit type or CPT give customized patient messages 7. Excellent support 8. Reminders - this has dramatically reduced the work for the front office. Prior we had staff call everyone to confirm appointments and also tried other systems which involved a manual download and upload of patient-name-system (I bet you used something similar which is prone to errors). Luma blew them out of the water More reliable than a human to confirm appointments, reminders DEEP Integration with most EMR systems 9. Reduced my human staff requirements by 1.5 FTE 11. Feedback system has improved patient experience and MD reviews significantly 12. Fills my cancellations automatically directly into the PM schedule 13. Allows for automated "smart" waitlist system that humans can add to and patients can Self-add without human help

Cons
The messaging system does not have templates (yet) but it is coming soon. Wish the stand-alone self-schedule portion of system were more robust

Bill Hambsh

Luma Health - In The Top 5 Technology Decisions of my Career

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Completely positive and well received by all staff that use it. I know I sound like a commercial for Luma but not a day goes by without at least one Luma mention in conversation. This is a no brainer and one I wish other practices embrace. We are all busy but at the end of the day, I have a fiduciary responsibility to my board to identify and implement the best technology to help keep the organization successful.

Pros
It is difficult to say what I like most because there are numerous highlights that I would love to give credit. First, the ROI is solid. I have more than made back the cost of the program in filled slots. I have also had great success in converting inbound referrals to scheduled appointments. My online reputation management is more robust. The reporting details provided by Luma are above my expectation and one of the most valuable tools I rely on each month. Luma continues to add new features all the time. I am truly blown away by all this solution offers that I couldn't imagine why any practice deciding not to jump on board.

Cons
Nothing. Amazing staff, product, solutions. Can't say enough great things about Luma Health.

Rick Holmes

Cutting down on no-shows!

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Our overall experience had been positive. Luma allows our staff to spend more time on other things related to the office other than scheduling. It is also helping us to reduce our no show rates.

Pros
We like Luma because it allows us constant contact with our patient base through a drastically reduced use of the labor force. Luma consistently assists us with filling appointment vacancies and cancellations.

Cons

Response from Luma Health

Rick, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're so grateful for your partnership and are thrilled to hear that we've been able to support your practice in reducing patient no-shows. Your Customer Success Manager will be in touch regarding your feedback on scheduling flexibility. We are always open to hearing how our platform can better serve our users!

Annie Kolcun

Great Review Generator!

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Our company is having a great experience using Luma Health. Our online reviews have increased dramatically and we solely rely on those text messages to bring in our monthly goal of reviews. Customer service is phenomenal. I like how you can just email a general support email but our account manager would always be the first one to respond and very promptly. If she is unavailable there is always someone there familiar with your account to assist you. Highly recommend!

Pros
The review text messages that go out after an appointment & the net promoter score.

Cons
I don't believe there was anything that we didn't like. We chose to not use the referral system because it didn't apply as much to our practice.

Response from Luma Health

Thank you so much for the kind review, Annie. We really enjoy working with you and the team at Kremer Eye Center!

Amy Germann

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Previously we only had patient appointment reminders via phone calls, now patients can determine if they prefer a phone call or prefer a text message reminder. We seamlessly integrate new patients into the schedule with an easy new referral process through Luma, and we maintain full schedules through automated technology versus staff time in rescheduling when a patient cancels their appointment.

Pros
Luma is very user friendly and provides more options to patients as they are referred to the practice as well as ongoingly with appointment recalls. We have it integrated with our Practice Management system-Allscripts and it helps us maintain a full schedule as well as quickly schedule new referral patients from other offices.

Cons
The monthly spend is more than what we were paying before, but the functionality outweighs the cost over the long term.

Becky Janssen

Luma Review

Excellent

Pros
Additional features that were not available with previous software along with ease of use made the decision to switch to Luma easy and we have been extremely happy. Customer support has been fantastic and has worked with me on every change I have requested.

Cons
Since we began using Luma, I have not found any cons.

Response from Luma Health

Thank you, Becky! We're happy to be working with you and The Dermatology Clinic. We'll make sure our Customer Success team informs you about some helpful new features that are coming soon!

Linda Rohrbacher - Decker

LUMA works

Reviewed 2019-07-17

our goal was to increase google reviews and our google reviews are now amazing in number and quality

Pros
The software is user friendly and offers a great deal of ways to track patient customer service. Feedback allows constructive improvement ideas

Cons
It was a bit tricky to get set up but I am not computer savvy

Response from Luma Health

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Linda! We're very grateful for our partnership with you at Toledo Clinic and are very happy to hear how much our Feedback product has benefitted your clinic!

Chris Greenman

Luma Saves Staff's Time

Reviewed 2019-11-06

I have been very pleased with Luma.

Pros
Luma helps us manage our referrals far more effectively, saves staff time in patient communication, nad increases our effectiveness in communicating with the patients. Luma cut our no show rate in half the first month we started using the software.

Cons
We had some initial difficulty in the restrictive options of the responses patients could use in responding to the texts. This has since been resolved.

Craig Gilliam

Simple and very effective

Reviewed 2018-10-17

We went from 51 total online reviews in 14 offices to over 700 reviews in 9 months. We have seen a 200% increase in patients finding us online. The confirmations are very simple and our no show rate decreased by 19%. All in all they do what they tell you they are going to do and it's very affordable.

Pros
The software has a lot of features, however, I can't say enough about the feedback and appointment confirmation features.

Cons
I think the reporting could be upgraded so that we can schedule reports so they are emailed to us.

Taylor Emerson

Makes Day To Day Life SO Much Easier

Reviewed 2019-07-17

I would reccommend Luma a thousand times over to any practice interested in a reminder system. This is a reminder system plus so much more.

Pros
I love the self-automation. It's amazing that you can set perimeters to pretty much every function. If Luma doesn't do a task yet, the customer service team is AMAZING at working with their developers to try to implement whatever you'd like the software to do. We LOVE the "Hub" to and being able to communicate with patients through Luma.

Cons
Some of the wording is a little bit hard to understand when setting up Luma. The self-scheduler and self- add was a little tough for us to understand at first but we are rocking now!

Response from Luma Health

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Taylor! We're incredibly grateful for our partnership with Chesapeake & Washington Heart Care and are happy to hear that Luma Health's automation has been a huge help to you and your clinic!

David Calderon

Outstanding feature set, great pricing, superb customer support

Reviewed 2019-11-12

Our overall experience has been amazing. The Luma Health team has been with us at each step of the implementation and long after our go-live. The software has made a significant impact across all departments minimizing time on the phones, providing patients with a convenient and HIPAA protected way to communicate with our team, and managing our online reputation via automated promoting of our satisfied customers.

Pros
The automation, management, and notification of our patient wait list along with the collaboration tool has had an immediate impact on both our no-show rate, and our day-to-day efficiencies. The software is very responsive, looks aesthetically pleasing, and strikes a great balance for both technically inclined users, and those who may not be as comfortable with computer programs/apps.

Cons
Some filtering options could be expanded, however the current options work well under just any circumstance.

Kelly Mullinax

Luma has been very helpful

Reviewed 2019-10-10

No shows, referrals

Pros
Luma has been very helpful in our office with patient reminders. We have cut down on no shows a lot and have gotten a handle on our referrals.

Cons
Could be a little more user friendly. They need to put patient appointments on the scheduling updates for referrals.

Response from Luma Health

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, Kelly! We're so grateful to have you as a partner and are thrilled to support your practice in streamlining referrals and reducing no-shows. We look forward to continue working with you!

Edgar Chavez

Luma Health Helping us be more Efficient

Reviewed 2020-01-31

We would like to interact with our patients for surveys, intake forms, and other tools to improve health- Luma seems to be the tool to do this efficiently. So far the service has been top-notch and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing at taking our vision and making it happen in Luma. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very knowledgeable and understands the needs of a health center.

Pros
It allows our operators to be used for a different type of skill. No more calling for reminders which can be tedious and low yield. I like that we can reach our patients with a type of technology they can know how to use-texting. Trying to get patients to join our web portal has been very challenging.

Cons
I would like to have more EHR integration with eCW, I would like more data to transfer directly, have more features that follow the workflow that we use in eCW. I do not want to have 2 sets of data that need to be managed.

Kim Sellers

Great product. Well worth the money.

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Pros
The customer service and willingness to adapt to our needs is excellent.

Cons
No cons on the software. Any issues we've brought forth they have been able to accommodate.

Debbie Jones

Make Job Easy

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Pros
The functionality and customer service is flawless!

Cons
Only con is time difference between Luma and EST Zone