Praxis EMR Logo

EMR software powered with artificial intelligence

Praxis EMR Reviews - Page 6

MS

Marilyn S.

EMR is inevitable. Praxis makes it palatable with great training, staff availability, affordability.

Notes are more organized and better thought out. I can more easily reference past visits.

Pros

There are no preconceived templates. The notes are in my own words. I do not feel as if I am cookie cutting my notes and I can make each encounter as personalized as possible. The staff is extremely available and ready to help. There is no longer a need to "create a ticket" and hope someone who understands your question can get back to you within a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

any con I can think of is related to the whole concept of EMR and bot takers to Praxis. Since we have to use an EMR I am happy I am using Praxis.

CB

Cynthia B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Love Praxis

Pros

The software is very customizable which is perfect for my lifestyle medicine clinic.

Cons

With my previous computer programing background, I can geek out over the software too much!

jv

javier v.

Used other for 6-12 months

Innovative program that helps you do better medicine

This program is very adaptable.

Pros

The product adapts to my way of thinking. When I look at my progress note, I feel that this is my visit, not one generated by a checklist. As my notes evolve, as my skills improve, I do see how they reflect, how I think, as a physician. The program compliments how I think. The support and trainers are very good. I am 8 mos. on this program and I am faster than I was on my previous program, that I had used for 5 years.

Cons

Because this program is so adaptable, there is a learning curve. On the other hand I have never had such great trainers and the trainers are always accessible.

SW

Stephen W.

An excellent EMR

Pros

The Praxis processing concept has reduced my charting time substantially without compromising completeness, quality, or accuarcy

Cons

I really love the Praxis system and only I wish I had discovered Praxis sooner to replace my old EMR,

JB

Jeff B.

Medical Practice,

Praxis EMR is the best decision I've made.

Pros

Praxis is a system that allows me to practice medicine and chart fast. I looked at everybody as far as EHR vendors, and I mean everybody. I chose the best system for my clinic's needs based on Praxis' ability to chart and finish complex notes quickly and to grow with me as my needs change. It is a system that learns from me as I am practicing, instead of making me try to learn from it. Praxis has been absolutely great overall and has been the best decision I’ve made for the clinic. My favorite part of using Praxis is it’ 100% customizability. It's easy to use when I'm in front of patients, and this makes my day much easier.

Cons

There's not a lot to take away from Praxis. No system is perfect, but the more I use Praxis, the better it works for me, and the more it helps my clinic.

MS

Michelle S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great EMR for all Providers

Customer and IT support has been excellent. Everyone is very helpful and easily accessible when you need them. Training was just enough and able to get more when needed. We had a previous EMR and also looked at several others prior to purchasing Praxis. Praxis is hands down the best system out there.

Pros

Praxis is extremely easy to use and navigate. Charting has become easy and real time. Easy to view patient notes, reports, labs and document. I love the eprescribe - very easy to use.

Cons

It takes time to develop your notes/templates but once you start the process you can become efficient quickly. Staff training can be difficult depending on their level of computer skills.

ML

Margaret L.

Medical Practice,

Great for providers and support staff

Pros

I am the office manager of a neurology practice that is using Praxis, and we really love it! I would say one of the things we like best is the automation. We currently have four providers that are part-time but have very full patient loads, and if it weren’t for Praxis, I don’t know how we’d get everything done. We have used Praxis since 2008, and now it understands exactly how our clinic works. It gets faster as you use it so we have seen more patients every year since we purchased it.

Cons

I can’t think of any real negatives; Praxis has really saved our practice. We did have trouble with our old billing system, but Praxis works with any billing, so they helped us choose another, and the office has been running great since then. I like that Praxis works with our billing behind the scenes.

HP

Hampton P.

Had to setup my own office. Easy to use EMR which makes my charting and billing easy.

Pros

Ease of use. As the EMR learns from your previous patient encounters it makes charting on new patients a breeze. As an example, if you have an abscess to drain the EMR remembers your orders (antibiotics, etc) from a previous patients and pulls them forward for you to select instead of having to search for orders again.

Cons

Took some prep time to get the software to learn my patient encounters. Now that it has learned them it makes seeing new patients easy because the system learns from the previous encounters as I go forward.

ES

Edmond S.

Excellent EMR

After extensive research regarding EMR's I came to the conclusion that Praxis would likely be a good solution. There are many EHR's out there, most being template based. What's unique about Praxis, and one of it's biggest selling points is the concept processor. The initial setup process takes a bit of time, but that time is well spent. You come up with a list of your most common cases that you see in you practice and then write a "template" for those cases. Since you are writing it, the notes will always be in your own words as opposed to you having to fit into a template with check boxes.

Pros

customizability, ease and speed of writing notes.

Cons

learning curve is higher initially

AL

Andrew L.

Praxis is exceptional, and I recommend it to everyone.

It's not often that I find a product that stands out so exceptionally from any other that I've used. That product is Praxis EMR. Praxis, thus far, has been a wonderful addition to my practice. The system is designed to literally adapt to me, and as a slow typist, this is exactly what I needed. I'm pretty much a computer-phobe as well and this system is not overly computerized. It works with free...

GM

Gary M.

Great EMR for Primary Care

Excellent. It works great and is actually fun to set up.

Pros

Praxis EMR fits to your unique practice of medicine. No templates.

Cons

I like everything. There is nothing about Praxis that I am unhappy about.

ce

chad e.

Praxis Review

Very happy.

Pros

Ease of use, good support. Makes documenting more efficient.

Cons

I have not seen any negatives about it thus far.

pp

pramod p.

Best EMR in the market

Pros

Not template based. Most adaptable. Individualized to each patient visit. Gets better the more you use it. One page access to all patient clinical data

Cons

Wish I discovered it sooner:) I have used 5 other EMRs before.

TG

Trishwant G.

Medical Practice,

Excellent for chronic conditions and care

Pros

Charting is fast, and Praxis has an amazing way of dealing with chronic conditions. As a neurology and sleep clinic, we deal with really complex cases that require long-term chronic treatment. Praxis charts the proper diagnoses as well as all of the appropriate recommendations and guidelines. It populates the majority of the fields based on previous cases, so you don’t have to fill out information over and over again.

Cons

I really like Praxis, so I can’t complain. Using Praxis does require a different mindset from other EHRs I have seen. Training isn’t about learning how to use the software but about how to put your knowledge/way of doing things into Praxis. Once you understand that you build Praxis, it’s easy.

RS

Robert S.

Medical Practice,

Praxis is awesome - can't imagine practicing medicine without it!

Pros

Makes my job easier, not harder. Improved office work flow. Requires very little effort to operate.

Cons

Nothing really - great software, great company. Honest - they do what they say they are going to do. Always there for me.

DH

David H.

This is not for a zombie

If you are a zombie stop, this program requires you to practice medicine so choose something else that you do not have to think. First you control your practice. Next it remembers how you practice . It automates what bureaucrats need you to do. Makes your life easier in a world of bureaucratic zombies. All this requires you to work and think and create you own solution. It has all the usual...

CP

CHIRAG P.

Great program

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use. Customer support. IT support.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time. The program is doing well.

HC

Harold C.

I have been with Praxis since their Beta version

Pros

The concept processor allows you to document a typical office visit with one or two mouse clicks. Every physician practices and documents differently, so a template-free EHR allows you the freedom to document the way you want to rather than locking you into a system of checking off 100 boxes.

Cons

It is really hard to say. The support is wonderful. The software is written with help from doctors for doctors in practice, and they take every suggestion from the experience of doctors using the software to make changes and enhancements. There have been many, many over the years I have been working with them. They truly want to make the best software out there in terms of physician satisfaction and ease of use.

TD

Tom D.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Praxis for Medical Audit Integrity

Praxis uses a constructive semantic engine to incorporate medical observations in the medical providers own language and terminology. It has always been a boon for physicians but physician assistants and nurse Practitioners particularly in a specialized area of care will find this the most readily customized electronic health record available.

Pros

This is the program that allows you to express your procedures and visits in the terminology you would use. You can link with evidence based resources and guidelines when needed.

Cons

Buy it and try it!

RC

Robert C.

Medical Practice,

Praxis is the best software I've ever used.

Pros

Praxis is uncanny in that it just seems to get better all the time. It thinks like I do, and helps me remember all of the details that I often don't even have time to remember. This EMR is smart and fun to use. I looked at Praxis for years, and I am so happy I am using this system today.

Cons

This is the best EHR I have used by a long margin, and I used two prior systems. I definitely recommend trying Praxis. However, I do not like the fact that the government is now forcing us all to use EMRs. I think it's ridiculous. I use Praxis because it helps me chart very quickly and efficiently, and makes my life easier. I get home at 5:30 rather than at 7:30 in the evening.

JM

Joe M.

Have it your way

Pros

I have been with this product for several years. The support people have responded quickly and efficiently to every problem we, or they, have had. I have been able to design my own visits as I prefer. I can add multiple bits of specific information, questions, or treatments with a handful of keystrokes. The product is truly limited only by the imagination of the doctor.

Cons

You really need someone else locally to do the basic IT setup. Praxis will help and is really easy to work with, but do not send a team of experts out to do the hardware itself. This is an issue with all of the smaller companies, as well as some of the largest.

CW

Charles W.

Long-term Praxis user

Pros

Extremely responsive to user needs, always striving to improve the product. Excellent support.

Cons

Currently nothing. Software works well, support is excellent.

VJ

Vick J.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

How to do EMR Right

The best way I can describe Praxis is that it was written by a doctor with real-world workflow experience with the help of programmers. Other EMRs I have seen and used have been written by programmers with the help of doctors. It is a visionary program which can actually allow you to be faster with Praxis than you are on paper.

Pros

It can learn from the individual provider and customize itself to the way each provider likes to do things.

Cons

I can't think of one.

FM

Frederick M.

Medical Practice,

I started using Praxis about a year ago.

Pros

The product is amazing in all the things you can do with Praxis. The speed of use is a top feature. Support has been very attentive to any questions or glitches with quick resolution.

Cons

I wish that I would have started using earlier than I did.

RC

Robert C.

Praxis is the best decision I've made for my practice

I have been using Praxis for a over 2 years now and I can say that Praxis has made an outstanding contribution to my practice. I am nearly paperless, and I get labs right into Praxis from both Labcorp and Quest, and they are looking into getting the few labs I send top the hospital connected as well. I would say that my Praxis trainer (Karri) has been no less that exceptional, and they are always there to answer my questions and such. Support has been excellent and they answer within seconds. As far as time, I now get home by 6:30 or earlier and I was suffering until about 8-9pm with my old EHR system. I would recommend Praxis to anyone who is looking for high quality and fast charting. I had my trainer onsite which was wonderful. Good luck!