WebPT Logo

Everything you need to run a successful practice.

WebPT Reviews - Page 2

SL

Steve L.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Declining in value and quality

Chaotic. Clunky. Once your signed up, it can feel like you are without a safety net when EMR issues arise.

Pros

The EMR pushes work flow during an evaluation.

Cons

Customer service is absolutely awful. Slow to respond and issues are rarely addressed in a timely manner. Onboarding a new clinician is far more difficult than it should be. This should be an easy process, but often WebPT makes the process painstaking. Features often do not work. We waited nearly a year to have the waitlist feature fixed which is a critical means to track new referrals. As a result, we had to hand track new clients using a separate technology to ensure we did not lose business. Often unreliable due to outages or downtime. We have adopted "downtime" policies and procedures that we have had to use far more often than ever anticipated. Cost is not worth the overall product value and the cost is increasing per information presented by WebPT over the past month.

Jefferson H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

An EMR riddled with bugs and the worst customer service experience ever

On a scale of 0-10, I would give it a 1/10.

Pros

Its user interface was fairly easy to use.

Cons

The customer service experience was the area of greatest frustration. They have an on-line chat option that is really only useful for answering frequently asked technical questions. Where there is a major problem with a customers account, they have no authority or power to help correct the situation. When you call and get one of their "member services" rep, it's the same experience. My issue had...

HS

Heidi S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great PT EMR

Works well for what I need. Reminds me when progress notes are coming due even though I don’t use the scheduling part of the product, keeps track of plan or care dates and ability to customize is just flexible enough without getting overly complicated.

Pros

Responsiveness to assistance and updating product based on feedback.

Cons

1- Previous measures do not carry over into new progress notes in SOAP 2.02-SOAP 2.0 documents print out/ fax layout takes up too much space and pages. 3- No option to email or securely send documents other than fax.

CC

Clifford C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

WebPT Review

My experience has been good overall with a few things to complain about, but overall it's a good experience.

Pros

I like the ease of use of WebPT. I like the non-contract nature (month to month basis). I like how professional the documentation looks.

Cons

I don't like the adding physician feature and adding insurance feature. It's not as fluid as I would like. I also don't like that at times discharged cases show up upon logging in under a client's name if they have multiple cases on file. I called WebPT to try to address this so that only the current case pulls up first so that we don't have to toggle back to current from a discharged case, but that was to no avail as no one was able to get me an answer. I don't like that patient's cannot book their own appointment's through a public portal.

Jeanette D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

WebPT is good BUT expensive!

Decent experience. Very functional but tedious with time consumption. There are a lot better options available with more inclusive features for less cost.

Pros

Easy to understand. Able to create evaluation and treatment templates so that you didn't have to write the same verbiage. Could carry over notes from the time before.

Cons

Expensive. Require multiple tabs open for the same patient because the SOAP note and the exercise flowsheet were not on the same page. It took 15-20 minutes to complete a note because of toggling between multiple tabs. Offered a lot of features for exercises and CRM but all extra features were a la carte. The expense for a solo practitioner and then to add users was too expensive. It would have been better to charge per number of visits per month vs. number of users. EMR and billing integration was not as synced as should have bee.

DK

Danita K.

Medical Practice, self-employed

WebPT destroyed a portion of my patient's medical documents

WebPT is the first EMR that I have used for my office. First of all it is not cheap and it makes me frustrated that I am not getting what I am paying for. My account is never credited if there are server issues and/or other problems that occur and are not resolved. They just give you empty promises the problems will be fixed and hope that you will eventually forget about them.

Pros

WebPT allows me to get my daily notes done in a more timely fashion and it works well with my billing company so billing is done on a daily basis.

Cons

WebPT has problems and when you call to make them aware of the problems if it is of a simple nature it will be taken care of but if it is of a difficult nature it will not be taken care of. I have reported problems to them a couple of years ago and they continue to occur and they have never been fixed. More recently they are having problems with documenting cancellations and no shows which they were...

Shoshana Malka L.

WebPT Review by Physical Therapy clinic

I use WebPT daily because I get authorization for the patients that are doing Physical Therapy in our clinic. I review the notes and use the information to submit my authorization requests. We see approximately 20-30 patients a day so I'm looking over a lot of WebPT therapy notes.

Pros

It has very clear templates and it's easy to find information. The records are very easy for even a layperson to understand, but thorough enough that the insurance companies easily provide authorization for services. Even when we need to have a substitute from an agency they are able to plug the information into the note and keep to the format we are used to thanks to WebPT

Cons

I don't like that it costs money to integrate each aspect separately, we currently have an account you can't use for billing. I also can't see the calendar view so if the name of a patient is misspelled it's hard to pull up their account.

SF

Sam F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Maybe I'm just unlucky

Pros

It is nice to look at, visually appealing and seems to have a lot of features that could make for an excellent platform but as a single clinician practice, it has been nothing but headaches since I started about 7 months ago. It was easy to use since I used it at a previous clinic. This would be a review for both webpt and therabill. I think they got to the party early and have excellent marketing, however there have been so many issues and time wasted fixing their errors. Actively looking for other options.

Cons

- WebPT recently switched clearing houses from Office Ally to Availity and I was assured it would be a seamless transition. None of my charges were going through due to EDI errors. No one knew what was happening so they had me complete the change over early. I filled out all forms several times because apparently there is no communication in this organization. Constant phone calls/emails stating...

AC

Ashley C.

User-Friendly Scheduling Software!

Great experience overall. I have worked with WebPT for 5 years and only had an issue once on a Saturday when they were doing maintenance.

Pros

Scheduling patients is easy! I love the reports feature. You can view daily reports of patient payments, authorization reports, daily payments reports, etc. My parent's physical therapy practice has been using this software since 2012, where we have gone completely paperless! Everything is done on the computer. From the time the patient schedules the first visit, to the physical therapist writing...

Cons

Adding patients is a pain! When adding a new patient, you have to fill out ALL the information or else the patient is not saved. This is horrible while working because often times I'd be dealing with a new patient over the phone, a patient in person that wants to pay a copay, and the phone ringing on another line. While all this is happening, it would be great if I could "save my work" and go back to it later. If WebPT is worried that patients won't be added properly, then they can set up an annoying notifications system to let me know I need to finish my work. However, if a patient is not set up properly, the practice can't bill the insurance company and then we don't get paid--so trust me: we will fill out the information properly!!

DB

Dan B.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Administration

From a therapist prospective, it is easy to use but there are cons.

Pros

Therapists say it is easy to use. You may scan documents into the program for storage which is helpful. The ability to have a 'comment section' that therapist see when seeing a patient is nice. You can put a unique comment regarding the payer here such as X insurance does not allow X treatment

Cons

Reports are pitiful. We have to do so much manual work to see what we need to see. Also compliance is very lacking. For example, some insurance contracts allow us to bill the 8 minute rule by unique cpt code per CPT rules (not Medicare/Federal programs which have more restrictive rules with total time Trump). For these commercial contracts if a provider does 12 minutes of 97140, 12 minutes of 97110...

BH

Brian H.

WebPT review from a private outpatient practice with 3 offices

We have been using WebPT for 3 years. From implementation it has been a smooth transition and the WebPT support staff has been nothing short of amazing. The following is a breakdown of our experience: The Cons (if you can call them that): We found the flow sheet and home exercise aspect very cumbersome and not user friendly and from the get go decided to avoid it all together. For our clinic it...

Pros

see review Customer service Ease of use Innovation of company Customer service Customer service

Cons

see review Flow sheet/ home exercise program

SA

Suzanne A.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

The private practice doesn't matter to them...

Don't use their billing system - they will nearly destroy you. EMR is fair, but cumbersome. Not efficient in this time of productivity demands due to low reimbursement. REACH has been helpful to us, but is a piecemeal approach and you pay "extra". Love the outcome measures feature but doesn't integrate to this point for MIPS reporting. KEET MIPS has been misrepresented in 2023 (since they merged...

Pros

WebPT REACH may have had the largest impact positively on our practice. Otherwise, their EMR software is being lapped by more efficient customizable programs.

Cons

Support. Support. Support. Products sold that actually aren't ready! They lie!

JG

Jan G.

Webpt for ParkerPT

We have loved the product that is why we considered expanding services with billing. The ease of access and management of the data is great.

Pros

The best feature initial was the ability to house all medical record information in one spot. No more paper was another great benefit. This freed up so much office space helps in keeping information confidential. We don't have to worry about archival or record disposal any more. We also loves how this product was created specifically for Physical Therapy. It made setup and use so easy.

Cons

I wish billing was available when we began using and now when we looked into the process was so cumbersome and difficult to find the time to implement. We have given up. The information requested was about providing insurance company information, why can't you pull this from WebPT?? Maybe have on-boarding meeting where you collect the information to setup billing. Seemed like we were required to do all the work to setup and who has time like that when running a business. There has to be an easier way.

CS

Casey S.

Easy access to information

We solve issues with documentation. We can produce patient charts to patients or agencies that need them quickly. It has been a boon for this reason!

Pros

The product is easy to use and integrates almost seamlessly with Therabill. Additionally, having all patient information in one application versus many is ideal to providing the patient the best possible care.

Cons

Sometimes the reminders do not get sent to patient and following updates WebPT is sometimes down for significant time.

MH

Molly H.

Warning about WebPT!

Pros

The scheduling feature and automatic reminder texts/emails.

Cons

The connection between their partner software (Theraplatform) often omit superbills, so unless you're comparing them both daily, you won't end up submitting all of your claims. This results in missing revenue. When you try to switch clearinghouse companies, they turn off your connection to the original clearinghouse prematurely and piecemeal tasks you need to do before they will start a new connection. This results in very delayed revenue. They are very slow to respond while you sit around and wait for a connection to be made.

BM

Bhairvi M.

An Average product

Pros

WebPT allows to keep all the documents together with facility of eDocs where scripts and all other documents can be scanned in to make a folder. It also allows to fax documents without need to download.

Cons

Customer Service: very poor, mainly requires you to email them and then wait for their mercy for them to get in touch with you. It can take a week to 2 to resolve issues as you cannot speak to a person directly. Sometimes you do get lucky if someone actually answers the phone. Scheduling: The service is average, it does not count the number of sessions you have used for the patient. So you cannot just...

AD

Austen D.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Good at some things. Bad at some things. Could be the best.

The documentation is fairly quick and efficient, however, it could be improved.

Pros

WebPT is easy to use and document. The HEP is a good adjunct.

Cons

The developers are slow to address known issues and have increase price citing that they have had to make updates. They have devoted significant resources to ensuring that they meet DEI requirements while neglecting issues that impact patient care.

TA

Tameka A.

Meets All Your PT Needs

Over all it was a good experience. I would not be opposed to using it again.

Pros

Web PT made documentation needs easy and direct even for those new to charting. The templets available to craft notes and documentation requirements is better than other platforms used.

Cons

I did not like that the Thera bill feature was not all in one platform. Although the two are linked is not very convenient to use another web-based system to submit claims.

DR

Diana R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

ReissPT LOVES WebPT

I love WebPT. From [sensitive content hidden] to all the customer service representatives and technicians Thank you ! You make good and useful updates because you listen to your users.

Pros

I love that all my needs as a private practice owner and as a physical therapist are meet under one roof that is WebPT

Cons

I would like to track and schedule non insurance. Services Such as wellness or other cash services. Maybe I just don’t know how but I want to set up reminders for those people etc I have to made a chart for the internal payments collection and billing and often I want a one time only option. Call me to discuss

JK

Jean K.

Medical Practice,

Great EMR for outpatient occupational therapy!

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy for therapists to learn. It has cut down on our documentation time, which is something I have heard never happens with EMRs. We have peace of mind in knowing that our Medicare and Medicaid notes are compliant as the software gives you multiple reminders of the areas to fill in. Once you get the red error messages a few times, you start to pay attention and...

Cons

We are a hand therapy clinic, so we tend to document our splinting in the custom codes section since the codes listed on their billing sheet are not what we need. There tend to be a lot of codes on the billing sheet that we would never use but at this point, there is not an option to delete(not really a huge deal). The training process was OK. The training modules were not very helpful and at...

SD

Sarah D.

Poor Customer Service, Very overpriced compared to other options

Poor to Fair. Even when we were customers the service side was not very good.

Pros

It is designed for physical therapy, so that is helpful. THE software is good, the customer service is not.

Cons

When we transitioned from WebPT to a different provider, they were very unhelpful in the transition, to the point of with holding our export of records, not returning phone calls or emails and being very dismissive and almost ellusive about what we needed to do to make a smooth transition to a new company. No one likes customers to leave, I realize, however I would have expected a more professional approach.

NF

Nicole F.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

WebPT from an administrative persective

Pros

WebPT is very user friendly. All new hires pick up the program fairly quickly - both administrative personnel and Physical Therapists. WebPT appointments are color coded which is extremely helpful for scheduling. There are several reports that we use frequently in our office - payment reports, Medicare cap reports, billing reports, etc. Patient accounts hold everything that our office needs: insurance details, prescription details, authorization details, and a place to scan documents.

Cons

Our biggest con with WebPT is that there is no excellent way to make sure that our patients do not get scheduled or seen past their authorization, visit, or prescription limit. There is a dashboard but we don't find that it works well nor is it efficient. Many patients don't show up on the report in the amount of time that we need to get authorization. We wish that WebPt would flag our front desk if they are scheduling an appointment beyond a limit that we have set up.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Using WebPT in a private practice.

Once I got used to the system documenting was a breeze. I will be honest it takes time getting used to each EMR but WebPT was pretty quick. I had in down in a couple weeks. The first few weeks though were frustrating and I was not sure why we were using this new EMR, but after I became proficient I was glad we got it.

Pros

I love that the software can combine scheduling, billing, and documentation. This saved us a lot time. I really enjoy that you can load specific plans in the objective form. For example a form for a RTC tear will be very different from a TKA. So being able to make customized plans for specific diagnosis saves time and saving time documenting means you get to spend more time with each patient. Once a note is done you can easily access it for each patient that is simple and easy to read in the classic SOAP note format. I love that I can access their database from any computer with a secure login.

Cons

The software can be repetitive with some of the boxes that you need to check. I will be honest I get too many emails from them but I don't want to unsubscribe because about 2/5 are very important ones with updated information for the software.

LE

Louis E.

11-50 employees

Unhappy customer

The system has many draw backs. I would not recommend them if you can find a better system.

Pros

Cloud based, integration with billing. Clean looking interface. Medicare compliance and easy to write compliant notes

Cons

Reporting is incorrect. Does not accurately track patient visits. System can run very slowly and can take a very long time to load. This leads to significant amount of time wasted when trying to document patient visits. Info can be lost and whole notes can be blank because data did not save properly. Appointments can disappear off of the schedule or re-appear after being canceled. Co-pays can also disappear even though they were input. Customer service is pleasant but will recommend simple trouble shooting over and over. When that doesn't work, they send the issue up to tier two. Then you get an email that they are working on it, but it rarely gets resolved. The cost of the service is high. They charge for appointment reminders and other add-ons.

MM

Maureen M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Backoncourse

Positive experience

Pros

On boarding was good, customer support was very good, quality of product is excellent

Cons

At times the information does not flow over from Webpt to therabill