All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

AttendanceBot

Vacation management, time tracking, & employee scheduling

AttendanceBot Reviews

Pros

Attendancebot's effective integration with Slack has made it a great tool for our company. They were also _extremely_ responsive when we've asked for a small change in how information is presented.

Read the full review
Easy to set up, easy to use, great support whenever we needed help - AttendanceBot was a total pleasure for us to use.

Read the full review
Great, it is rare for me to encounter something that is so user-friendly and does the job as described. Would happily use again or recommend to others.

Read the full review

Cons

Limits on storage are also very annoying because they don't update immediately, so warnings continue to pop up after you make space.

Rhiannon D.

Read the full review
Export leaves balance history option was missing.

Jamil R.

Jamil R.

4.4

Your friendly smart punch card

AMAZING Few companie have such a good feedback loop, every time we asked for a new feature the team would just try to make sure it was what we needed. I think they are always moving adding features that make users happy!

Pros

We needed some way to keep track of the time that we were spending in each project, we are a small studio and creating our own software to handle time was out of scope, we were using slack free, and we had so many limitations. When we learned about attendance bot I fell in love, it would allow our team to keep track of hours. rates and even measure how much time we were putting into the project!

Cons

The fact that we had to pay haha JK I think the thing we like the least is that sometimes there might be bugs with the punches, meaning I have to fix them manually

Great App!!

Overall it was simple to implements, I got good support from customer service on some of the questions I had and they help me set up some of my default settings

Pros

The attendancebot app enables me to manage the various needs of all employees through a simple, user-friendly that can be managed from anywhere. I am able to easily access weather i'm in the office or on the go. It takes away the need for manual calculating and tracking!

Cons

Although you can customize the types of leaves (Flex / Vacation) You are not able to differentiate how they are calculated / tracked. IE. I wish I could have 'Flex' time that is calculated and tracked by the hour, but 'Vacation' days calculated and tracked by days.

Thanks for your feedback, Jeremey.

The features of AttendanceBot are improving.

It tracks employee hours.

Pros

Easy for the team to clock in and out on their phones or desktop and to track vacation/sick time and requests.

Cons

Often times it takes several attempts to make updates to punches and to run reports. We created a slack channel for AttendanceBot per the instructions but it never worked so we've been using the app channel. I don't understand how on some features you need to use military time but other features you don't would be nice to have consistent formatting for date/time throughout the app.

Makes management work easier

I manage a non-profit with a team spanning 5 different countries and timezone. It significantly reduced our time in managing attendance.

Pros

I can manage the team virtually, can easily export attendance records, which is important for auditing requirements for my organization.

Cons

Setting up holidays can be tedious, especially if your team is from multiple countries with different public holidays calendar.

Fast and efficient

It helped me a lot to handle smart working for 30 people during lockdown due to COVID-19

Pros

THe easiness to use it, just onesimple command for a basic functionality, but not limited to it where you need something more.

Cons

Lacalization not so easy, reports not easy to understand, could be more flexible for administration purpose (i.e. allow only manager to edit) but really small things...

A hidden gem within the vast Internet

It saves you a great time and effort in team work even if you are in different regions or far from each other through this program you can know where your employees are and know the salaries of the team. It is the perfect choice for remote work

Pros

Easy and complete clarity in using as a team that facilitates work for you. You can do anything with limited steps such as taking sick leave and tracking team work hours. The best thing for me is that you can use it through the mobile phone with ease and without us or complicated processes.

Cons

I almost don't see any negatives. but I hope that there will be a little less pricing plan to suit everyone. Thank you and I wish you progress and prosperity forever.

Good Product in lieu of a major system

Excellent experience. My team readily adopted using the system to request PTO and it removed barriers from employees requesting PTO and managers tracking who what out when/where. Honestly if I could sync it to our HRM system I would strongly consider continuing to use it as our employees really liked it. PTO balances moved downward as we gave employees the ability to easily request time off.

Pros

It was very easy to adopt, the service team was responsive and it did what I needed it to do - track PTO

Cons

For me it was price - we were using it for requesting and keeping track of PTO. We've migrated to a full HRM system that now handles that, the duplicity was no longer functional and expensive to keep in both time and funds.

Very useful tool

The company has good customer support and seems to want to make its customers happy.

Pros

Our company is very Slack-focused, so a vacation tracking tool that's integrated as a bot made our lives a lot easier.

Cons

Some of the configuration options can be difficult to find at first, but you get used to it.

Simple, integrated into existing business processes

Pros

Our team appreciated how easy it was to submit, approve and review PTO requests, using our existing business systems (Slack, Google Calendar).

Cons

Reports are not necessarily as powerful as they could be. Some quirks in announcing upcoming PTO to Slack channels.

Onboard the whole team in few minutes!

Very Happy!

Pros

It is super easy to user and integrate, helps you see what's happening across your organization in few clicks from punching in and out, sick leaves, breaks and vacations.

Cons

Exporting data for the whole team, need more analysis on different departments and individuals historical data.

AttendanceBot does what it says. A office attendance solution that is easy to work with.

Pros

- The ease with which it integrates with our current work flow through Slack You don't have to install any new software, and don't have to get used to opening and closing it every time you are working. Using reminders you can remember to check-in and check-out at appropriate times. - Time tracking You don't need a separate software to track time of your employees. At any...

Cons

- There is some difficulty when editing time logs. The calendar does not work very well. For example if in your main calendar you view a previous day and then navigate back to current date, and you try to enter in/out timing, you still have the preciously visited date selected. - Time tracking does not monitor active time through user activity. Although it is not something that you would require for someone working in-house, but would be a plus to have if you are tracking time for someone who is working remotely. - This point is more of a feature request rather than a con. It would be great to have IFTTT integrated with this app. I can then use my GPS location to automatically check-in or check-out depending on if I have reached or left my office space.

The right solution at the right time

The overall experience it is absolutely positive. As I stated in the title, I found the right solution at the right time. In this time of Covid-19 emergency I needed something which had a fast implementation and which was capable to track people's heath and attendance when they were working remotely. AttendanceBot definetely helped me to achieve this goal and their HelpDesk always supported me with proffessionality and effectiveness!

Pros

The most appreciated feature about this SW, is its integration with MS Teams. You can easily have it up and running for the whole team, in just a 10 minutes. Although you need some days to tune it up to your needs, customize all the features and notifications and let the people familiarize with it, it is definitely a fluid process which doesn't affect at all your business. Moreover the Customer support it is a top notch one! You can reach them out either by chat or email and they usually manage to solve your problem in timely manner. They are attentive to customers feedbacks and always happy to adjust their product according to what customers are trying to achieve.

Cons

The Software has been crafted to assolve the most common exigences about time keeping and leave management, but every company it's different, with different ways to manage people and sometimes what could seems a normal request simply doesn't have a simple answer (but as I said before, the customer support it is always happy to help!). Moreover the localization of the dashboard it's only in english and it might lead to some confusion for some users who are not familiar with the this language.

Simple attendance and vacation tracking

Time tracking is easy and requesting time off is even easier. HR/operations don't have to manually track time off and there are no more emails requesting leave filling up managers' inboxes or getting lost.

Pros

Our company has an "unlimited" vacation policy and AttendanceBot helps us track and make sure team members are actually taking time off. Our team is remote throughout the USA and having the ability to add it onto Slack is a dream come true. You never have to leave Slack to know where someone is, when they plan on taking leave, or even get a full report of the year. We've also started using it to...

Cons

Some of the FAQ is outdated and you have to contact support to get the latest commands for AttendanceBot, but I've never had trouble of getting ahold of support. You can even do it right from Slack. In order to customize teams you have to customize each person's settings individually. There is a "company default", but anything the detours from that has to be inputted manually. If you have many people that need the be customized, it can be daunting.

Tech people's de-facto attendance mangement service.

Before AttendanceBot, our administration department faced lot of difficulties with managing attendances and leaves. Since our team majorly made up of developers and tech related people, it was so difficult to train them to a particular system and the same time oversee, record, view statistics. We had dealt with lot of manual work with spread sheets, back and forth emails to get these work done. So much for the effort end of the day we couldn't even retrieve anything useful from those systems. With the AttendanceBot we ditched timesheets, punch sheets, leave applications, approval emails out of the window and now attendance and leave managing is like a walk in the park. Not only for the admins but also for the whole company.

Pros

The best thing about AttendanceBot is it comes with Slack. What more pleasing or ease than we can mange attendance and team mates leave from the same app which we used to communicate every minute. This is ideal for tech company like ours.

Cons

I found AttendanceBot misses a public API. Since we like to tinker stuff, this limited the scalability of the service only to the Slack.

Thanks for the feedback Stephan.

Great interface, easy to use.

Pros

1: Easy to use 2: Great interface 3: Leaves history details 4: Team members on leave details 5: Fully automized 6: No paperwork

Cons

1: Export leaves balance history option was missing. For example, I had to go page by page in the leave balance section to see at what specific date I had how much balance. The balance and changes made in the balance were not exporting. 2: Little expensive for organizations having big number of employees, for e.g. organization with 200+ employees.

Great! We've saved a lot of time in attendance tracking using Attendance Bot

Saving a bunch of time answering vacation questions and trying to keep track of the vacation on our own. Freed up a lot of time for more important tasks.

Pros

The ease of use to request time off, manage and pull reports. The system seemed to be pretty smooth when we first started, then a year later we went to make some changes and it had been updated to make it even easier to handle configurations.

Cons

To be honest, we really haven't run into many, if any, cons with this software. Had I filled this out a year or so ago, I would have mentioned not having a great GUI for setting it up.

It could be fantastic

Pros

It allows good control over submitted holiday and managers approval. It allows staff to have more control over their own leave entitlement.

Cons

You have to remember all of the commands so some of the more obscure ones can be harder to find e.g. second half or compassionate, so one person in our office learns them and everyone asks them. Terminology is in american English. You can only book 8 months in advance. Reminders for managers to approve leave would be good after a certain period, as soon get forgotten about. Better integration with other software e.g. Teamwork would be ideal, so annual leave can be considered when planning project time.

Easy time-tracking. Seamless integration with Slack

Saved time. Employees could track their time in the app we use the most.

Pros

It was easy for our employees to track their time. It integrated nicely into our Slack workflow. Overall it streamlined everything for our company. We would recommend this for any company who uses Slack.

Cons

It was a little bit challenging to edit the time to track reports in Slack. It would be a bit easier if there was also a web-based dashboard where we could make edits.

Hi Adam, I am happy to report that we now have external web views for editing of times and hours for everybody. We've also launched two new dashboards for you to track hours for everybody. Can you please give that a look.

great lightweight timekeeping app

easy and simple

Pros

simple and easy to implement and use, good support

Cons

adoption was a bit tricky from some of my older team member who wanted a button rather than a command, but was manageable

Amazing, easy to use for your team, time tracking application integrated perfectly in Slack

Attendancebot has replaced our cumbersome HR software which we only used to track team vacations, and replaced our manual timesheets we kept in excel for compliance. The cost is about the same but the time we save in keeping the records has been significantly reduced. The entire team loves using the application! It is awesome!

Pros

- Easy to use for the entire team right in Slack - Announces attendance of the entire team everyday keeping everyone informed - Great reporting for our monthly time sheet requirements - Tracks very well the vacation time for all employees - Configuration is very simple and easy from the management portal - Customer service and support has been fantastic Overall it is a great product for our needs and the team at Attendancebot have been very helpful with some enhancements for us.

Cons

The is not much to not like about the software. Hoping attendancebot will soon also announce up coming birthdays to the team.

Love the technology

It has been a great switch from the paper time sheet system we used prior

Pros

I love that our team can clock in from our phones and also have the location where they clocked in from. Much easier than the paper timesheet system we used before

Cons

It’s hard to remember which thing to type for each report you want to do, but there is a cheat sheet for that purpose

AttendanceBot affords us a system that does effortless work hours logging.

It simplifies and streamlines things, especially with regards to office communication and administration.

Pros

I love the HR assistance functionality. You just capture dates for leave request. Even a simple sentence will inform your team when you are working remotely, when this automatically feeds through to our company calendar. It's great! All of this can be done from your laptop or even your mobile, if you are out and about.

Cons

You must have the correct date format, or else it doesn't get the request or the number of leave days are totally out.

Perfect for what it does

Pros

Cons

N/A. I have no negative impression of this software.

Easy to use, does what you need

Pros

Summary: It does what you need and with the slack bot it's easy to get everyone to use it. It's easy to get started and all employees quickly get on board with the slack bot. Punching in/out, requesting leaves or reporting sick is easy. Our employees actually use it and everyone is happy with the system. It let's you keep track of hours per employee, sick days, leaves and everything you need. I have not tried the "projects" part of this yet, so I can't say anything about that.

Cons

The admin panel/website. It's a bit difficult to use and slow to load. It's a pain to edit punches, adjust leaves and most other things that involves user data. However it does work - you just need some patience while doing these tasks and, for me at least, it's not something I have to do daily so it's not a big deal.

a great experience easy to use and very helpful with my work

a better organization in the business and with my team

Pros

is a great way to make the checkout and check-in of the employees and view the times that they get in and get out and request leaves

Cons

there are not much of cons but the only thing I would like they improve is the format of the hours report

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.