Bonusly Logo
Bonusly

Celebrate wins, connect teams, and make recognition a habit.

visit website

Bonusly Reviews

4.8

1.5K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.25/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It makes employee very happy to be praised infront of their team mates and everyone tries toperform good inorder to get recognized. We have made it part of our Performance Management System.
This is such an amazing tool to have your employees feel incentivized and acknowledged. M, in my personal life, a huge gamer, so this kind of is like a real life Achievement counter.
It awesome how Bonusly helps to create awesome office environment with proper peer-recognition in a fun way. I also like that it integrates well with Slack.
For now I could not be able to find anything to dislike about this platform. Maybe if you have integrated with Slack, notifications can be very annoying if you have notifications on for that channel.
Its too easy to abuse and give out bonuses for stupid reasons.
Don't think you should loose the points you don't use at the end of the month.

1,510 reviews

ER

Eric R.

Director of Revenue Operations

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Bonusly makes me feel valued

Transcript

Eric: Hi, my name is Eric. I'm a revenue operations manager. My rating for Bonusly is five out of five....

BP

Blair P.

Director of Recruiting

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Spread positivity!

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hello, my name is Blair, and I am a divisional director at a staffing and recruiting firm....

David V.

11-50 employees

Outstanding Peer-to-Peer Bonus System!

This software is an incredible tool for praise and peer-to-peer bonuses. We see it consistently improve people's satisfaction with work. You can redeem your bonuses from a wide variety of vendors, from Amazon gift cards to giving donations to the Red Cross. I cannot recommend this software enough!

Pros

It's easy to use. Minimal set up and basically no maintenance at all. It also integrates well with the other tools we use, like Office 365 and Slack, so people can see a live feed of bonuses that are given around the company. There are some basic analytics and fun analytics (like a word map created out of the terms used in bonuses during the past 30 days). And they are introducing new features regularly. Recently, they developed an alert system to help prevent fraudulent bonus distribution (which may be a concern for large organizations).

Cons

I can't really put anything in this column. The only thing that could be improved on would probably be adding more granularity to their analytics and perhaps longer timelines for their analytics. But even those things have improved in the last few years that we have been using the software. They are always improving.

Thank you for your feedback, David! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly so well loved -- Thank you for the high praise! We are constantly working on improving our analytics; did you know that you are now able to create custom ranges for some of the analytics available? If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, or if you'd like to share a bit more about what granularity you'd like to see in analytics, please let us know at success@bonus.ly! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Employee Happiness Meter redefined

Employee recognition. We use bonusly with over 90% usage across the year. Have been using it employee recognition and also award employees across the year for fun friday activities, monthly quarterly and yearly awards. Birthday, Annual company recognition and gifting and so much,

Pros

Easy integration with existing tools, we used slack to integrate. Easy setup and get started in no time. Simple and clean onboarding process. Amazing and very extensivereward catalogs, across the world,including charity and donations. Amazing dashboarding and analytics.

Cons

it will be better to have more customization like rebranding it based on company design. Custom domain.

Internet,

Armando gives amazing customer service and very attentive.

Pros

That it integrated really well with HipChat and it helped employee morale ten-fold. When gifs were incorporated this increased employee usage.

Cons

It wasn't as intuitive as I'd have liked. I haven't got anything really to complain about as both the admin and user side I've got used to and are great.

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that you love our HipChat integration and GIFs. We're a huge fan of GIFs here at Bonusly, too! I'm sorry to read that your experience hasn't been as intuitive as we would have liked. We'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve the experience -- just send us an email at success@bonus.ly, or use the in-app chat to send us a message. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

LD

Lauren D.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great platform for employee recognition

Great overall experience and would highly recommend it to other companies.

Pros

It's a great way for our remote team to give shout-outs and helps us stay connected and engaged with each other.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list about Bonusly, but this is a required field, so I'll just say that it's a good platform.

CA

Chad A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Fun and interactive engagement

Pros

I like the fact that Bonusly encourages engagement by making it fun for people to come out, add bonus' to recognition that others receive. Being able to add some fun animated GIF's to the posts makes it amusing to come out and read the feedback given on a regular basis.

Cons

I wish it were easier to leave some negative feedback privately. This would help close the feedback loop when things didn't go as expected, and constructive feedback is needed.

Hi Chad! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Brian H.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

The staff love it!

Team micro-bonusing allows our staff to recognize each other regularly, which is very important.

Pros

I like the platform's automatic fulfillment and we use custom awards which are really cool. The ability to select cash increments is nice. The custom naming of points (we call them "Sploints" in our office) is awesome. Appreciate the slack integration.

Cons

It would be cool if my staff were able to trade their points. Sometimes we do Poker nights, and would be fun for our staff to trade away the points that they've earned. I find the interface used to be very confusing to find where I can configure things. I wish that we could use more hashtags than the current limit. I find in our slack log, gets a bit crazy when everyone "adds" to someone elses's bonus. Would be nice to either have a toggle to shut that particular slack message off (others bonusing on an existing bonus) or somehow consolidate.

Thank you for your feedback, Brian! We really appreciate it! I agree, the custom rewards feature rocks! It's wonderful to hear that the Slack integration is appreciated; we also use it at Bonusly and it makes giving a bonus and keeping up with your teammates so easy! Poker nights sound like a fun team-building activity! (We're game night enthusiasts around here, too!) It would be fun to tie Bonusly...

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

An extra mile with Bonusly

So far, it’s a good one

Pros

1. Offer a vast range of options/vouchers 2. Easy to use, can learn in an hour 3. Real-time tracking

Cons

Can’t provide attachments while putting a comment/ shoutouts

EK

Erin K.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Words of Affirmation

Pros

What a great program to give and receive recognition from your peers. It's just as fun receiving recognition as it is giving it. Such a great moral booster!

Cons

I have no issues with this program, so far so good.

SP

Shellie P.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

A morale booster in a remote environment

Easy to use and it is great to receive recognition from team members

Pros

I like the rewards and the different types of rewards one can earn.

Cons

Not applicable as I like everything about the Bonusly Program

Santhiya R.

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Bonusly Review

Pros

It allows employees to see how much recognition they have in their organisations, and it allows us to send birthday and anniversary notifications.

Cons

Customer support is not good enough. Sometimes it stops working automatically

AL

Aleah L.

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Bonus.ly - Employee Morale Resolved.

Positive experience, motivating and team-building product. Feels like getting a pay raise when the points come in.

Pros

This is such a motivating tool for employees to connect and keep morale in the work environment high. I personally feel that Bonus.ly helped me not only want to be more productive during my workday, but also helped me to feel more connected with my coworkers. Bonus.ly was one product in our workspace that helped us to feel more connected as a team. Love that the balance resets every month, and that custom rewards can be added to their system (For example, we had a work fundraiser that could be paid into with bonus.ly points.)

Cons

Minor software issues, such as: Tags did not always work. Sometimes I needed a refresh of my page before I was able to find the tag name of a coworker. On the rare occasion, while redeeming a reward, the page would freeze, yet my points would still be deducted, and the prize was no where to be found. Thankfully customer support was quick to help, so this was not a huge issue, but enough that it should be noted.

Hi Aleah! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Sorry to hear about your issues with tagging coworkers and redeeming for rewards. If you have a moment would you be willing to reach out to support@bonus.ly, so that we can fix any recurring issues! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Retail, 201-500 employees

The best platform to give recognition to your coworkers

My overall experience with Bonusly is just awesome. I use it to give credit to others when a good act happen or someone (or a team) accomplishes something that gives value to the company. Or even if a peer just helped me with a task and I want to thank that. The best about it is that I am happier when I give points more than when I receive them.

Pros

I think that the idea is just incredible. You get a monthly amount of points that you can give to coworkers as a gift in recognition for good acts or a great work. Then, if you get points from your peers, you can redeem them and get a reward (gift cards, paypal credit, or just donate it to a non profit organization, and more). It is no that much, but it is really splendid when your teammates recognize your contributions to the business. It is better when you integrate it with Slack and with every point you give you can send a funny gif.

Cons

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates across our different platforms! Ah, I'll be happy to pass this feedback along to our product team. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

TS

Tori S.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Best Benefit My Company Offers

Bonusly helps teams collaborate and also helps with employee appreciation. I can tell you that everyone loves bonusly and you can also bribe your friends with it if you need something done. It's just an incredible idea and business and I feel so lucky to have it!

Pros

Bonusly is, hands down, my favorite benefit at my company. It's so nice to be able to recognize your co-workers when they do something so amazing and out of their wheelhouse. We have a pretty generous monthly budget and it just is so nice to be able to say thank you! with more than just words. I hope i get to use bonusly forever because it is my favorite thing in the world!

Cons

The UI is a little funky - tagging and mentioning people are confusing when you first use the app and the activity feed has random bugs, but other than that, this app is incredible.

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been an excellent way to recognize your co-workers for the great work achieved! We are always working to improve our platform to make using Bonusly easy! If you ever need help with your Bonusly account you can always contact your Bonusly administrators for help or connect with our support team at support@bonus.ly. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

CA

Carrie-Ann L.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Great way to reward and build an inclusive culture

Bonusly is definitely a must for teams who are wanting an amazing way to allow team members recognize each other and the ease of function for team members and administrators is a HUGE PLUS! I recommend Bonusly to everyone I speak with who is looking for ways to offer a reward and recognition program.

Pros

Our team uses Bonusly daily to reward and recognize our team members, and our team LOVES Bonusly. There are so many rewards to choose from and the ability to create our own custom rewards has been a huge plus for us. It's very easy for our team members to recognize each other and for the team members to select and receive their rewards. It's extremely easy for our Leadership team to administer.

Cons

There are no cons to using this software - it's super easy to use, able to download the app and use from a cell phone which makes it easy for our team to be able to recognize fellow team members in the moment.

Hi Carrie-Ann! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

My Team Loves it!

awesome!

Pros

We have a bit of an internal competition going on. We publish all bonus.ly points on slack. And each time a team member get the captain of Thank You or captain of Teamwork award there is some friendly competition and roasting.

Cons

The features are limited to the regular plan. I'd love to use the pro plan. * cons an email cannot be used more than once. If you re-activate an old user email, all the history is there. It would be great if we could wipe the history, or be able to create a duplicate with the same email. E.G. we have a strong internship program with some rotation, but similar names are being used for emails. But it causes an issue for bonus.ly.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts - I'm happy to pass this feedback to our product team. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Sean O.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Bonusly does help with peer recognition

When we've had questions for support, they have been quick to respond. Great to work with them. I believe they truly appreciate feedback and continue to develop the product around that feedback.

Pros

Easy enough to setup. The basics are definitely there. Bells and whistles are added over time. The reporting is great. It's interesting and helpful for management to see those who are being recognized by their peers and for what reasons.

Cons

As leadership within the company, we still need to drive proper usage of the platform. We see month end emails from bonusly issued and then all of sudden everyone is getting recognition for the simplest of things. That's not really the intent of the product, and we wish we could turn off that month end reminder. It's more harm than good. Obviously, it's in the best interest of bonusly to continue to show high engagement. But we want only authentic recognition. Overall, good program.

Hi Sean! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Often, we find that disabling the end of the month reminder emails actually hurts participation rate. We certainly want to make sure that you and your team have the best use of Bonusly but we're always happy to help in any way we can. If you'd like, please feel free to reach out to support@bonus.ly so we can explore possible workarounds. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

SB

Santosh B.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent Peer Rewarding Tool

- The overall experience with Bonusly is excellent and very much satisficed with the tool and its usage. The concept of the tool is very unique and grateful to show appreciation on peers through points which can be redeemed later for purchasing any products.

Pros

- Bonusly is a software which we can reward bonusly points to peers in the organization as a vote of thank you and recognizing the work - The User interface is very excellent and very ease to use without any difficulties

Cons

- The pricing can be more affordable that way any company size can purchase and recognize peers and show vote of thank you towards their work. - More features can be added to the product like searching any user in the organization and show their reward history easily without searching through scrolling

Thanks for your review and welcome! It's great to hear that Bonusly has been easy to use and a great way to share your appreciation with the team! When it comes to reviewing a team members recognition activity, you can review any users activity by going to their profile page! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

AD

Asiri D.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

A Easy way to recognize co-workers

Pros

Easy to use Defined points structure Good range of rewards for money (Amazon Gift cards etc) Good range of Charities to Donate Really good way to recognize good work in a company Really good social features (cool gifs and emojis)

Cons

Software wise, its a good product. But not a good alternative for a proper bonus structure or employee incentives. People tend to expect points, just to do their daily work routine or job responsibilities Employees feel like, they need to impress others to get points and introverts never receive any points. Popular employees tend to get more points compared to a employee who does work in his own (ex. A Product owner who give demos tend to get more points from others than a developer who works ina team) Tend to make team members launder points to get rewards.

Hi Asiri! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Great point! We believe Bonusly is best when celebrating colleagues' successes - this can range from giving bonuses for exceptional performance but also anything that your colleague's deem recognition worthy. To that end, we find that a lot of our users really resonate with the autonomy of being able to reward their colleagues for anything they deem worthy of recognition. :) Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

AJ

Abhinav J.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Bonusly ecosystem for rewards and recognition

Bonusly is an amazing and smooth experience and my colleagues love to get more and more bonusly points.

Pros

Bonusly provides a great employee engagement experience with everyone valuing each other's work and helping each other in return they are rewarded with Bonusly points which can be redeemed as Amazon or other vouchers.

Cons

Bonusly reward system in my country is limited to a few vouchers, If available offline and online stores can be increased it would be great.

SM

Sílvia M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

A great way to foster company culture

I love it, really!

Pros

The concept of it is amazing. The ease of use and the many different reward options there are.

Cons

The emoji menu works pretty bad, I wish it worked as good as the one in Slack. Also, when someone gives a bonus to a group of people, many times you want to add to that bonus but also including the original giver and that's not possible, so you have to create a new bonus for that specifically and we end up with several different bonuses related to the same event.

Hi Silvia! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the emoji feature as well as the group bonuses - I'll be sure to share this with our product team. it's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

A Great Software for Employee Appreciation

Overall, my experience has been great! People feel more appreciated and are happier. It also feels good to receive appreciation for something that you thought no one noticed!

Pros

When a friend told me about Bonusly, I was sceptical about whether it'd be worth its price. Spoiler alert: IT IS! Bonusly is such a great tool to recognize the daily and trivial contributions made by peers and employees, and it is these contributions that lead to the smooth functioning of an organisation, and the ones that deserve the maximum recognition and appreciation. I especially love the custom reward feature, because that allows us to give a more personal touch to the whole system. Also, slack integration is a godsend! The morale and teamwork have definitely improved in my organisation, and I have Bonusly to thank for that.

Cons

I have not run into any issues so far, and neither have my peers. If I had to nitpick, I'd probably love a more subtle shade of green than the one they use in there UI.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

vo

vladimir o.

Design, 11-50 employees

Keeps the team motivated!

Keep the team motivated It's engaging Creates an awareness of whats's being done as a team

Pros

It's fun, engaging and keeps the team self-esteem way up high....that's a good thing right? We love how it notifies us when there's some sort of anniversary, people feel really appreciated. It also creates an awareness of how many things are being done in the company, people who go the extra mile gets recognized.

Cons

I wish it could integrate the GIF option better with the Slack app. Other than that we loved it. Some people complained about "why should we give bonuses when all we are doing is what we got hired for" - but after a year of using it we noticed how there has been an attitude shift, it just makes a friendlier atmosphere.

Thank you for your feedback, Vladimir! It's wonderful to hear that your team is enjoying Bonusly, and had such a positive attitude shift! I agree with you about the GIF options available through Slack; I say the more gifs the better! We are constantly trying to improve our product, so I will be sure to share with our Product team so we can see what we can do! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a Bonusly customer!

PR

Peter R.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

I am one the administrators for the company Bonusly account

Useful to see how colleagues (often in other unrelated departments) are working together. It brings people together.

Pros

Very easy to use, navigate and get to grips with. Brand new users instantly understand it and see the benefits of being an active user on the system. As an administrator, I see minimal user queries. Great customer service! Really quick and informative 'chat' feedback.

Cons

On the admin side, the report building is not the most intuitive and sometimes take several attempts to get the correct data exported.

Thanks for your review, Peter! It's great to read that your team finds Bonusly easy to use, and that our Customer Success team is able to answer your questions quickly. We're sorry that our admin tools aren't as intuitive as the user side of things. We're always glad to hear your thoughts on what can be improved! Send us an email at success@bonus.ly, or use the in-app chat to send us your thoughts. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

GH

Garrett H.

Great way to Show appreciation

I have been using Bonusly since a start, is is huge in boosting moral l, a knowledging achievements, and it itergreates awesomely.

Pros

The most impactful peace to highlight when people go above and beyond. It great to make people swear if things that are being worked on in other departments s and overallbgreat moral booster.

Cons

There really is a lot wrong with the software, there might be some room for improvement with allocating bonusly

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been a great way to say thanks when a colleague goes above and beyond and that you are enjoying the integration options! When it comes to your monthly allowance, you can reach out to your manager or Bonusly admin from your team to share any concerns as they have total control over the settings in the teams account! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Kostas B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Very useful tool for a business

I love it

Pros

In a business context, it is difficult to use actions to thank a colleague who has gone out of their way to help you. Gifts are inappropriate at work. However, bonusly points are sanctioned by your employer and visible by all, so one can thank another publicly and in an acceptable manner.

Cons

Sometimes, we get superstars who receive a lot of bonusly points, they deserve them but it makes other, less visible people look bad. For example, the office secretary may be the most valuable person but the IT technician gets all the bonusly points because they get our computers working and that feels more personal. Points may also be used too much as non-pecuniary benefits to make up for low salaries. So be warned, acknowledge everyone, not too much and thanks are good but decent salaries are better.

Hi Kostas! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! I definitely agree that it's important to make sure everyone who deserves recognition should get it so I might suggest looking into giving those deserving a manual award. Please feel free to reach out to us (support@bonus.ly) if you'd like to learn more about manual awards! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)