Guusto Reviews

4.93/5 (56 reviews)

Anonymous

No more plastic cards, gifts are redeemable at any partner venue

Reviewed 2019-10-01

Pros
My company uses Guusto to recognize employees for their great performance. It's really to receive little gift cards whenever I go the extra mile and deliver results. It makes me feel like the effort is appreciated. And I love that Guusto gifts provide flexibility and I get to choose where to redeem it! So much better than plastic cards!

Cons
Would be nice if it was available outside US and Canada as well. :)

Response from Guusto

Thank you for taking the time to share a review! We're glad to hear you're liking your company's Guusto program as a gift recipient. We recently added Prepaid Mastercards as a redemption option, which can be used in 160+ countries! Have your program administrator reach out to our customer success team so we can help them get it added to your company's program. Muucho Guusto :)

Dawn Roe Millard

Guusto makes on-the-spot recognition easy!

Reviewed 2019-12-20

Pros
This enables our managers to recognize people on the spot with gifts that they want. We can track and see the awards being made. Roll out was painless. Once you understand how it works, it is very easy to use as a manager awarding gifts. Empowers managers to add more funds to their accounts if they wish to do so.

Cons
The reporting capability could be improved to make it easier for us to take a standard report and share it across the leadership/management team. There are reports available and a dashboard with metrics, but I want to see common themes and statements. Or, would be nice to publish it to the whole organization so that they don't have to log in to see everyone's Guusto awards.

Response from Guusto

Hi Dawn, thank you so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that Guusto has made real-time recognition easy and impactful for you. We're so glad onboarding was a breeze :) As for the reporting feature, you can always export the Gift Report into an excel file that you can share with your team! Feel free to contact our support team and they'd be happy to help you find these reports. Muucho Guusto!

Lydia Tay

Using Guusto for Employee Recognition

Reviewed 2019-10-02

We implemented Guusto to enable us to recognize our employees when they go "above and beyond". We do send giftcards through Guusto as prizes for these recognition activities. We've enjoyed using the Guusto platform.

Pros
Guusto has been improving continuously since we started using it. We've really appreciated that the team is focused on optimizing the platform from a user and administrator standpoint and there have been so many small tweaks that have helped us (e.g. ability to update batches of records by uploading a new list, instead of making manual changes). The support we receive has been great. Our Account Manager (Skai) is extremely responsive and always gets back to me quickly if we're experiencing any challenges.

Cons
While new features are often in development, there's no regular update to hear about them. Sometimes, we literally stumble across them. We have our employees as one big team so that everyone can see all of the nominations. It might be nice to have a filter option so that users could choose to see nominations from their team / department / location. It is possible to do this as an administrator by downloading a list if you have user records configured accordingly. The platform is not optimized for use in Internet Explorer - although it is still functional.

Response from Guusto

Hi Lydia, Thank you kindly for the thoughtful feedback that gives us a valuable opportunity to improve and earn your 5th star! Glad to hear you appreciate our continuous efforts to improve the platform! We actually publish New Feature articles in our help centre, and based on your feedback, we'll add some notifications when new ones get written. Whenever possible, we always recommend using a modern web browser like Chrome, as Internet Explorer is not well supported by Microsoft anymore. Lastly, I'm happy to report that there is already a way to filter nominations by team/department/location. Reach out to our customer success team, as we're always happy to help customers get the most out of the product. Muucho Guusto :)

Joyce Fung

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-18

Overall, it was good but still trying to push for change in culture and as well as keeping up with administrative tasks (i.e. updating teams etc)

Pros
* the user interface is easy for employees to use. * Quick access * Flexibility in gift cards

Cons
* Requires more customization for organization * No ability to add an attachment (i.e. Form) * ability to integrate with HRIS system (Workday)

Response from Guusto

Hi Joyce, thank you for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you find Guusto easy to use, and that you have been able to take advantage of our variety of merchant options! In case you haven't seen it, we recently released a branding feature that allows you to customize the platform with your colours and logo - to get the look and feel of your company brand. Also, you can attach PDFs to any gift on the Delivery step. Finally, in order to keep Guusto a free platform, we provide a smart upload tool instead of HRIS integrations. We will be launching HRIS integrations as a premium feature in the new year- stay tuned for updates! Muucho Guusto :)

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Slavka Schiavio

Awesome service!

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Pros
I am so pleased we use guusto! I send at least one gift card each week and this has been a tremendous time saver on my end (seriously, we have the longest email addresses ever! typing that in starbucks 150 times is no fun!), but also our staff members are way happier with more options than simply starbucks and tim hortons! We have 50 staff nationwide and we do gift cards each week but each staff also receives card for their anniversary and another one for their birthday... Any time I am not clear on anything, I know I get an answer right away. If I do something silly, they always point me in the right direction and never once made me feel like I should have been able to fix it on my own. Super happy with guusto!

Cons
The only con is that I did not discover them sooner!

Response from Guusto

Hi Slavka, thank you for leaving us a review. We're so glad to hear Guusto has made your life easier! We know that people love the flexibility of choosing what they want- it's great that your team feels the same way! Feel free to reach out any time you have questions, our support team is more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

caterina Alberti

Go with Guusto

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Giving and acknowledging is a great combination, just need more visibility of the product and how more people can use it. Also, feedback from those who have received an experience when I have personally been the user.

Pros
The whole idea behind the software, it's ease of use and thoughtful interactions and levels of customers who can use it.

Cons
It needs to be more visible to businesses who are small.

Response from Guusto

Hi Caterina, thank you for leaving us a review. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying using Guusto! Our aim is to make recognition simple and thoughtful. We work with companies of all sizes, and are rolling out some new marketing initiatives very soon. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our support team anytime, and we'd be more than happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Christel Buisson

We love Guusto... we really do!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-12-03

The only thing I have to add is that I cannot get the Gusto cards out fast enough! Alot of our employees are constantly on the look-out for them. They really enjoy the options, regardless of where they live.

Pros
Very easy to learn how to use. Intuitive. The flexibility and options the software gives us. The ability to track redemptions. We hand out rewards for years of service, recognition between peers, event contests (Halloween, Christmas, etc.) and for welcoming additions to our employees' families. I love the fact that I can pre-build and save "reason" templates and corresponding personalized messages; makes it that much easier and quick to hand out.

Cons
I really can't think of anything for the moment.

Response from Guusto

Hi Christel, thank you for the amazing review! We're so glad to hear Guusto has made recognition a breeze for you, and that your people love Guusto gift cards- it's why we do what we do. Our success team is always happy to help, feel free to reach out at any time! Muucho Guusto :)

Harpreet Kaur

Reviewed 2019-11-29

awesome

Pros
Easy to use Fast User friendly Lot of vendors to choose from

Cons
Should have a save button just in case if you have to exit in the middle of sending the card

Response from Guusto

Hi Harpreet, thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad Guusto has made recognition simple and impactful for you. Feel free to reach out if you have questions anytime. Muucho Guusto :)

P.S. We love our gift card vendor options too! ;)

Lisa Holly

All is good

Reviewed 2019-12-06

I just find people that receive it don't know what it is and they are hesitant to open it. Not sure that there is anything Guusto can do about that.

Pros
I like how quick and easy Guusto is to use.

Cons
There really isn't anything I can pinpoint

Response from Guusto

Hi Lisa, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that Guusto has made recognition easy for you! While Guusto is extremely safe to use, we understand some people might be hesitant- I'd suggest adding your branding colours and logo for gift emails, or selecting "print or export" so you can send the gift link to the recipient yourself.
Feel free to reach out to our support team if you need help setting this up, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

Tanya MacKenzie

Problem solved!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-10-09

At my work we each have two email addresses I didn’t realize that I had redeemed one card under one email address and the other under the other one. I reached out to rep who was able to locate my missing gift card because I didn’t realize it was under my other email and was able to have someone else from her team transfer it over so that all of my gift cards were in one location. It happened very quickly, very easily and she was incredibly friendly. I would not hesitate to contact her again. I actually passed her email along to a colleague who as an inquiry about one of their gift cards. Great job!

Pros
Very user friendly Large selection of cards

Cons
I lost one of my gift cards but found out it was my fault and not the software.

Response from Guusto

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear you found our support team friendly and fast! We love helping customers, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Muucho Guusto :)

Steve Lovig

Incredible Service - Very easy for Users and for Admins

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Instant Employee Recognition is the business problem, and Guusto has been a great tool for helping HOMESTAR Financial Corporation meet that need. It is simple enough to use; both managers and employees seem happy with how we're using it (went 'live' July 3rd of this yr). The Customer Support from CSR and his Team is INCREDIBLE! I sent a question about an issue yesterday - within 24 hours, their Tech-Design team had created a whole new solution, including adding two new feature 'buttons.'

Pros
Low cost and ease of set-up was great for getting started. And any time I have an issue or a "how can I do so-and-so...?" whatever question, I get a response and usually a solution within 30 minutes. A few times they've had to do an overnight 'update' to put in a "fix" but the next day, things have worked better.

Cons
there's limited flexibility with naming conventions, and that's a small thing (and I'm told they're looking into that). Reporting is OK, since you can dump lots of data into Excel, but it would be cool if I could choose the specific data I needed and not get "everything" at once.

Response from Guusto

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our goal is to empower firms with affordable real-time solutions for recognizing your people, and we're so glad it's working!

We love hearing suggestions from customers that help us make the platform even better! I've passed your feedback along to our product team, and they are working to integrate some solutions.

Muucho Guusto :)

Lindsay Melvin

Quick and Easy

Reviewed 2020-01-20

I loved the ability to provide a surprise and delight to our staff, gift them the option of a reward that is useful to them and the ability to reward them immediately from my computer without having to run around getting gift cards. The staff love the online option/app - only a few have preferred the paper option. And i like being able to send a personal note or picture along with the reward.

Pros
So much easier than constantly purchasing gift cards.Staff are all on board with using. Love bign able to send little notes and images with the message. Easy to track and manage gifts. And love that we are helping out a good cause at the same time!

Cons
Only one issue with redemption so far thorough the merchant's website for a short period of time.

Response from Guusto

Hi Lindsay, thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear recognition is now easier for you, and that your people love Guusto and the flexible redemption options. We're always working to improve - ensuring a more seamless redemption experience is on our priority list. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Joanne McGee

Guusto - Ease of Use and Customer Service

Reviewed 2020-01-20

I recently had an error on the employee's end and the customer service at Guusto is amazing. The error was fixed within 15 minutes. The error and/or correction was discussed using the chat and email functions direct from the website. Both worked smoothly with successful results.

Pros
This software if very easy to use. From a Software Administrator's point of view, if I have an employee that is not computer friendly it is great to have the option to print out the gift card for them. For the tech savvy employees they love the access they can have using their phone.

Cons
The only complaint I have had does not apply to the software itself it applies to the merchants that are on board with the product. I have had some employees that watched merchants struggle getting the access codes to work. Every transaction has eventually been approved but there has been some struggles/delays when trying to redeem.

Response from Guusto

Hi Joanne, thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear Guusto has made recognition easy and impactful, and that your people love using it as well. We understand that the struggle with merchant redemption can be frustrating, and our team is working hard to find ways to keep this from happening. Feel free to reach out to our support team at any time and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Chris Desrochers

Guusto Review

Reviewed 2019-10-02

Allows us to take our rewards and recognition programs to the next level which contributes to the achievements of our strategic goals/initiatives.

Pros
Generally easy to use and understand, lack of fees is fantastic, and the overall support from customer service is great.

Cons
As an admin I have somewhat less control over the user's account than would be desired i.e. user can create account with multiple/personal email addresses so a little less conducive for the corporate setting.

Response from Guusto

Hi Chris, Glad to hear that Guusto is helping your firm achieve strategic goals! That's why we show up to work every day. As the Team Admin, you have full control over your Team Member accounts and any funds you allocate to them for sending gifts. You can also set restrictions, if you prefer that gift recipients only claim gifts with their company email address instead of a personal email address. Reach out to our customer success team anytime, as we'd be happy to help you get this set up and earn your 5th star! Muucho Guusto :)

Ed Michielsen

Helps me recognize my team

Reviewed 2019-12-08

Easy to send quick rewards to your team for doing something special or for a milestone

Pros
Easy to use. Many vendors to choose from and thereby increases the value of the gift

Cons
Not prepopulated with the organizations people or their email or phone number.

Response from Guusto

Hi Ed, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear your team likes Guusto's flexible redemption options! As for prepopulated recipients, you can upload a list of people you want as 'common recipients' in your team settings, which can then allow you to speed up the Buy Gifts process! All you will have to do is type in the first few characters of their name, and it will fill in the information from the list. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or need help setting this up, and we'd be happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Natasha Koo

User-Friendly and Great Support Team

Reviewed 2019-10-22

The program allows our Associates a freedom of choice and ensures everyone receives a gift they genuinely wanted.

Pros
Guusto is very user-friendly and their support team is beyond expectations. I love how easy it has made administering our service recognition program.

Cons
No cons discovered yet. In terms of improvement, it would be nice for the e-mail communication template to be customizable and look more sophisticated.

Response from Guusto

Hi Natasha, thank you for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear that Guusto has made administring your recognition program easier. We do have a new feature that allows you to customize both the platform, as well as gifts sent to match your brand's colours and logo. You can find this under Teams > Settings > Branding. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions! Muucho Guusto :)

Raymond To

Awesome idea

Reviewed 2019-12-19

Pros
I have been a fan of this for many years. It allows a busy business person like myself send gifts to my friends and family without the worry of "what do they want"

Cons
More vendors is always the thing I look at.

Response from Guusto

Hi Raymond, thank you kindly for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that Guusto has made gifting simple and quick, and that your recipients love the flexibility of redeeming for what they like! Our merchant lists are always expanding so everyone can get something they value. Feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions, and they would be more than happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Sandra Hinds

Amazing Platform

Reviewed 2019-11-29

Before we discovered Guusto we would give everyone Tim Horton's cards. Very limiting! Guusto allows us to show our employees our appreciation for their efforts and allows the employee choose how they want to use their Guusto gift.

Pros
Guusto is the easiest software to use. Not only do I use it but since we began using it in our organization a number of our managers have taken it upon themselves to send their teams extra thank you gifts. I particularly like that you can use it with so many vendors. I also like that you can set expiration dates for the gifts so that money can be returned to our account if people don't claim their gifts.

Cons
There really are no cons in my view. This software is very easy to use

Response from Guusto

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for writing a review! It is our team's passion to make recognition simple and impactful, and we're so glad to hear that's what it's doing for you. Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions, our support team is always happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Andrew Addison

Great way to recognize team members

Reviewed 2019-10-01

Pros
I love Guusto for employee recognition. The digital format has saved valuable time and drastically improved my ability to recognize team members for their great work. And it only took a few minutes to get up and running!

Cons
N/A. Only positive experiences with Guusto to date

Response from Guusto

Hi Andrew, so great to hear you're loving Guusto! Hopefully, all your timely recognition has helped to inspire even better performance from your people. Reach out anytime if we can be any help expanding your program to empower other managers with budgets to rewards their team members. Muucho Guusto :)

Danielle Franke

Best way to say Thank You

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-12-11

As a mortgage broker, I want to be able to thank my referral resources. Sometimes I don't have their address and I am worried that they won't get the gift card if mailed to them. With Guusto I can thank my referral source right away and ensure they received it.

Pros
No more worrying about if my client has received their gift card via the mail. I can see the gift card has been send and can remind the client to use the card. It is a great way to say thank you to a referral source as it is quick and easy to use!

Cons
nothing, I just have to get more used to using it.

Response from Guusto

Hi Danielle, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear Guusto has made gifting your clients easier for you, and made tracking gift expenses a breeze- that's the goal! Feel free to reach out to our support team anytime, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! P.S. We also love our reminder feature ;)

Alison O'Brien

Guusto Cards Make Employee Recognition Easy!

Reviewed 2019-10-10

Great experience, customer service is quick and effective and Guusto has helped us make our employee recognition much more efficient.

Pros
User friendly, quick delivery & schedule option as we don't always want the giftcards to be delivered straight away. Makes sending multiple gift cards at once very easy!

Cons
The only con I can think of is not software related but that the gift card can only be used in one place once you have assigned it to that store. It would be good to eventually possibly have the option to use the giftcard in multiple venues.

Response from Guusto

Hi Alison, thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear that Guusto has made recognition more efficient for Snap Financial. Your gift recipients can actually split their gifts across multiple merchants (e.g. a $100 Guusto gift can be redeemed for 5 different $20 merchant gift cards). That said, once you've redeemed part of your Guusto gift for a merchant gift card, you would have to use that amount at the selected merchant. I hope this helps. Muucho Guusto :)

Michael Greene

Great & Easy to Use Software

Reviewed 2020-01-13

Overall I love the software because it's an easy and convenient way for me to reward my best customers.

Pros
This software is easy to use and has some great auto features. I also like that I could send a gift in a matter of minutes to my clients and reward them for their referrals.

Cons
I don't like the fact that there's a fee to transfer money from my credit card. There are free options available, but the minimum amount you can transfer is $500, that's not realistic.

Response from Guusto

Hi Michael, thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear Guusto has made gifting quick and simple for you. As Guusto is a free-to-use platform our commission on redeemed gift cards is often less than credit card processing fees. To ensure we can continue to provide a free platform, we charge a 3% credit card transaction fee - you can avoid that by loading funds to your account in advance via cheque or bank transfer. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you need any help doing so, and we'll be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

Adam Kohn

So easy to use

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Our HR team has a one stop shop for our loyalty rewards program

Pros
Guusto has saved our team so much time and money for our loyalty program

Cons
There was a small learning curve for how Guusto could be applied to our employee loyalty program

Response from Guusto

Hi Adam, we're glad to hear Guusto has simplified gifting for you! We strive to create a gifting experience that can make your life easier. We always recommend reviewing our help center and encourage sharing our help articles with your team, to help get you on your feet ASAP! Alternatively, you can reach out to our support team anytime, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Craig Vetter

Guusto is simple and effective for WOWing your clients

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-12-19

Great, no complaints at all.

Pros
It is so easy to send out a quick thank you to anyone that you want to leave an impression with. GUUSTO helps you to create Raving Fans in your business and it takes less than a minute which I love

Cons
I guess the only complaint is some people may see the gift/text as potential spam. So you may have to remind people that it is from you. Which is another positive touch point.

Response from Guusto

Hi Craig, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear Guusto has made gifting easy and memorable for you. As for the risk of potential spam, a great way to avoid that is to create custom branding for your gift emails, or to send them through your own email address. Feel free to contact our support team and they would be more than happy to help you set that up. Muucho Guusto! :)

SHWETHA MURTHY

Guusto- Go Giver!

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-02

My overall experience has been amazing! As I am the admin, I also receive feedback from my team members & so far its great! Everyone loves the social giving part, its humbling.

Pros
1. Wide choice of vendors to select 2. Multiple denominations 3. Instant Gratification 4. Basic reporting 5. Best part- Social giving

Cons
1. Not very easy to navigate, needs some practice in understanding the functionality 2. Further analysis & reporting

Response from Guusto

Hi Shwetha, Great to hear you're loving Guusto, and the purpose-driven commitment to donate clean water for every gift sent. We've recently updated some navigation to make things more simple, and will be releasing some additional reporting/analysis very soon, but do reach out to our customer success team with your suggestions so we can get them added to the product roadmap. Muucho Guusto :)