Jobvite Reviews

Jobvite

Recruiting Software

4.08/5 (506 reviews)

Pros
  • It is a great way to create a electronic trail of contacts and information that go out to applicants. It has been very a great tool to help us increase our applicant satisfaction.Linda D.Read the full review
  • Easy to navigate and manageable, easy to find good and best applicants through this software.Joanne N.Read the full review
  • Our hiring managers and Recruiting Team love using Jobvite because it saves time and money. We have been very pleased with all the features and the company's customer service is outstanding.Kristina K.Read the full review
Cons
  • As a non-admin I can't print all resumes at once, which is frustrating. I also am a bit concerned about accidentally sending an automated rejection note.Mike H.Read the full review
  • Customer services is horrendous - I dont even understanmd how it coudl be so bad.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I dont like it when i look up past candidates, view their application the application date changes to the current date... its confusing.Natalia C.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Bill Wright

Jobvite does the things a Talent Attraction Pro needs...without a lot of fuss

Reviewed 2019-04-24

I have used all major Applicant Tracking and Applicant RM systems. Jobvite is the cleanest of what might be termed the "minimalist" systems. It gets the job done without a lot of fuss. Very user-centric and intuitive, ramp-time is fairly short. Some of the bells (Campaigns, email "slams" etc.) have a steep learning curve; this is problematic for me since I am working specialist positions rather than commodity positions.

Pros
There are three elements with Jobvite that are just the best: 1. Each landing page is clean and consistent. Any TA Pro knows that every implementation of a system like Jobvite is modified to meet the needs of the client. I've used Jobvite at two companies and while there were the expected differences, the overall look, feel and function was essential the same, module to module. 2. Jobvite has done a great job of integrating the Engage side with the rest of the functionality. One of my personal metrics for ATSs is "can I get from Point A to Point B in four or fewer mouse clicks." Jobvite has done themselves proud in meeting a metric they likely didn't know existed. 3. Jobvite has sufficient points for adding significant information about a candidate as the candidate moves through the selection process. This is important for many reasons and most TA Pros know what they are.

Cons
There is one issue that drives me up a wall with Jobvite and it is pervasive throughout the application. Data and information that should be passed to 1. other common applications or 2. stay with the applicant as the applicant is moved within Jobvite to other requisitions (and this is a hyper-common occurrence) JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN. Two examples: 1. Jobvite makes it very easy to send a quick note to a potential candidate from within a requisition. Problem--that note doesn't get passed to the primary email client AND if the candidate tries to reply, the reply does not go directly to the primary email client. Drives me up a wall. 2. In my organization, we have very close control over visa sponsorship. If I reject a candidate for requiring visa sponsorship and note that fact in the NOTE function, that is not married to the candidate's record. Having this functionality would save Talent Attraction team time.

Christopher Craig

Excellent Product and Service

Reviewed 2020-02-12

Overall, Jobvite is a great ATS that integrates with all of our HR and Accounting tools. The customer service and response rate is on par.

Pros
Jobvite offers several options for customizing the dashboard and workflows, and the customer service is great.

Cons
nothing stands out as of yet. It would be nice to have a list of available free API's

Stephanie  Lynn, MHA

User Friendly

Reviewed 2020-02-10

Overall my experience is great, I like that Jobvite is easy to use and you can pretty much jump in and start using it and figuring things out without worrying about "messing" anything up. Recruiters and sourcers alike will find that it does not slow down the process and if the company switched to Jobvite they would not be unhappy.

Pros
The pros for Jobvite is that is customizable and really easy to use. You don't need very much training and it links to your social platforms so sending automated announcements is easy!

Cons
Cons about the software are that it can be slow at times and there is not a texting feature YET.

Abigail Kirshner

Current Jobvite User

Reviewed 2016-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Jobvite was a step up for my company. We out grew our former ATS about 2 years ago. With that said I do not feel that Jobvite it the right fit for our organization. Once our 2 year contact is up I don't foresee us renewing. My company needs to be able to field hundreds of applicant's through our ATS daily. It became very clear shortly after using Jobvite that this software is not meant for a company like mine. It lacks small features that I need as a Staffing Manager, in order for my tasks to be efficient. We initially offered to pay more money if they needed to customize any software but they do not do that. You have to post your change to a forum where people can vote on it. The ones with the most votes gets applied in the release. This is fine in theory but if no other companies are endorsing the idea you post to the forum it leads me to believe that Jobvite can not handle the type of recruiting we do and does not have many companies like ours. Which should have made clear to us in the initial stages of negotiation.

Pros
1. Great Level 1 Customer Service representatives, all you do is call in and someone can help you with a simple question or problem almost immediately. I use this feature often. 2. The site is user friendly, it was easy to teach members of my team how to use it. 3. Publisher tool is awesome! Very easy to post jobs to all social media outlets.

Cons
1. Sub par Level 2 Customer Service Reps, when a level 1 person can not answer your question they pass it off to a level 2 Rep. These level 2 Reps that are assigned to your case are hard to get a hold of. They are reluctant to get on the phone with you. I have had 2 separate instances where I had been passed to a level 2 Reps, I was not impressed with their customer service skills. 2. When we went through the integration process we had many meetings with the integration Rep assigned to use but towards the he fizzled out. We were not fully integrated and he passed us off to the customer service line for further questions.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Thomas Janci

A solid ATS with some nice bells and whistles

Reviewed 2020-03-03

If I were out shopping for an ATS today, I'd still consider Jobvite. That being said, I haven't shopped around in a while and I don't know how it stacks up with Greenhouse, Lever, etc.

Pros
I selected Jobvite as our ATS going back to 2015. I selected it back then for a couple reasons: 1) ease of customization without paying hefty professional services fees, and 2) annual contracts. Over time, we bolted on integrations to other apps and service providers, which have proven to be excellent.

Cons
At one point, we purchased the Onboard module, paid for it, and hardly ever heard from anyone ever again. Total implementation fail. I removed it from the next contract renewal, went with a solution through our payroll provider.

Elizabeth Bishop

Great software for recruiting and hiring!

Reviewed 2019-12-10

I really like the Jobvite website, the ease of use, the features that are available and the ability to communicate within the website to both the recruiter and the candidate is excellent!

Pros
Our company recently switched over to Jobvite for their recruiting and interviewing efforts. So far I really like the look of the website, the options and the abillity to hold all communications through this site.

Cons
Jobvite will take a small learning curve to figure out the website, they do offer slide shows on how to use the site but I wanted to see what it was like going in cold turkey with no training. It only took me a few extra clicks to figure it out, but this is a warning.

Krista McGuire

Reviewed 2019-12-09

Great.

Pros
Ease to use and able to work with other CRM's - i.e canvas

Cons
Customer Service is very slow, long wait times, often times have to look up the answers.

Lindsay Walston

Great as central candidate hub

Reviewed 2020-03-27

Pros
Easy to keep all involved parties involved in recruiting and hiring process. Pulls and consolidates candidates from multiple job boards

Cons
Haven't figured out how to turn off notification emails (or if there is even a way). Number of emails for minute/relatively insignificant changes in status can overwhelm inbox and get annoying after a while

Joseline Liana Florez Castro

We can always make things better

Reviewed 2020-01-06

Pros
1. quick access 2. allow to personalize your gadgets

Cons
1. Cloud be more friendly in the feature

Kevin Barkley

"OK" ATS for short term or growth

Reviewed 2019-10-08

I had a decent experience with them. The software is good for small companies (or individuals), but i'm not sure how they would do with a company over $100mm in revenue. They do have a built in CRM/relationship management, but it was a basic mirror to others you can find out there.

Pros
Since the people I worked with were remote, having the software cloud-based was definitely a plus. Also, it helps with your onboarding and compliance (though simplistic) which frees up a ton of time.

Cons
There was a lack of exporting and reporting that you can do. Filling out profiles for potential candidates is great, but importing contacts and having it extrapolate all the information was lacking which, taking time to go through profiles and update them manually.

Response from Jobvite

Kevin, thank you so much for being a customer! Feel free to reach out to our CS team and they will be able to help you with customizing your reports!

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Paola Garcia

I am loyal to Jobvite!

Reviewed 2019-10-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I love Jobvite! I was introduced to it at my company prior to Behavior Frontiers, and upon my inception at Behavior Frontiers I suggested Jobvite. The owners of the company loved it so we launched it. It has made the hiring process more streamlined, and easier for our team. I love it so much that we are now looking into the on-boarding piece, which I feel, will make it easier for our HR Team and it will be a better candidate experience.

Pros
Everything is housed in one place. Everyone on the team can get access to the information they need. Hiring managers do not need to depend on the recruiter. Pulling reports is super simple. Customer service is always great. Easy application process for candidate. Easy hiring process for hiring team.

Cons
I wish there were more reports available with graphs and pivot tables that are less confusing when you download them on excel.

Response from Jobvite

Paola, Thank you so much for being a Jobvite customer!!! We really appreciate you.

David Draper

A Recruiting team's best friend

Reviewed 2019-08-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, a positive experience. We would recommend highly.

Pros
Since we implemented Jobvite, it has been a valuable asset to the Lewis organization, not just the Recruiting team, but to hiring managers and employees. From it's easy-apply features for candidates to its reporting functions to show ROI and /source hiring data, my team and I have been very pleased. The feedback we received from managers and staff have been positive. New employees (with simple training) pick up its features quickly and start using Jobvite right away for interviews, candidate evaluations, social sharing and/or referrals.

Cons
Jobvite has a robust reporting function and we use it for about 2-3 weekly, monthly & annual reports. Some of the other reports are difficult to create on your own, requiring help from your Jobvite rep and/or Jobvite customer service. The Engage portion of Jobvite (an extra feature) hasn't been that successful for us, but that may just be that we need more training. Either way, we don't use it much. Also, integration is a factor. If an organization has a separate HRIS, identify integration possibilities.

Response from Jobvite

David, thank you so much! We appreciate you!

Venugopal Sivan

Recruiting through social media was not this much easy before I was recommended with Jobvite from a old colleague

Reviewed 2018-08-21

Pros
Jobvite is based upon Continuous Candidate Engagement (CCE), which aims to modernize the recruitment space. It is a candidate focused recruiting model which has so many pros to have a look upon. It helps companies recruit candidates with meaningful experiences at the correct time, in the right way, from the very first look. Jobvite is built on a platform which uses automation and intelligence to increase speed, cost-effectiveness, and quality of talent requisition. Moreover, you will be amazed to know that it manage resumes, prevent candidate duplicity, tracks applicant, provide notification and alerts, and so on. It is user-friendly as well. Jobvite provides a great dashboard and user interface, which makes it easy to use and manipulate. It is integrated with G Suite, which helps to schedule interviews and responding from emails seamlessly. Jobvite helps to expand the talent search socially by posting the positions out to your twitter/WhatsApp/Facebook/Instagram network.

Cons
Although Jobvite seems to be a boon in Modern Recruitment Process, it has some disadvantages as well. Firstly, it is an application which is not refined as it contains so many errors and bugs. System lags frequently, and sometimes over filter candidates. Despite being run by automation and intelligence, it is much more a manually operated system. Long clunky log in process is also highlighted as a disadvantage. There are some issues with its upgrades and performances. Its customer support feature isn't functioning as smooth as desired. Another problem with Jobvite is that it is more of a Requisition focused rather than candidate focused. Thus, finding the real candidates is somewhat a tough job with Jobvite!

Anonymous

Good overall, but could use a few tweaks

Reviewed 2017-04-25

Pros
Jobvite is one of the more competitively priced recruiting systems out there. There are premium products out there that I loved, however they would have cost almost twice as much as Jobvite, which I couldn't justify for probably 10% better functionality. It's super easy to use from both a recruiter standpoint as well as an admin standpoint. The key feature of sending Jobvites makes it super easy for employees to send out (and for us to track) referrals. As an admin, I LOVE the ability to chat with a tech support person from the tool vs. calling and being on hold for hours, only to be read to from a script vs. speaking with someone who can problem solve.

Cons
Jobvite emails come from the Jobvite email address and do not allow you to embed a signature. Because of this, we do not use Jobvite for candidate communications (other than the standard "thanks for applying" email that all applicants receive. There's also no way to BCC Jobvite to track these external emails in the system. We are a smaller company (350) and our recruiters are more senior, however this could be a deal breaker for a company that uses coordinators that require more oversight. While you can customize most of the templates, there are some that are embedded in the system that you can't change that contain awkward and stilted wording. One of them contained a grammatical error and felt it reflected on us so poorly (we're a content marketing agency) we had to disable the feature entirely. There's also a limit to the number of the columns that can appear in the search field, so we aren't able to view all of our custom fields verifying an applicant's suitability up front, which makes the process more time consuming for recruiters as they have to view more applications one at a time. Also, they occasionally have updates which take the product backward instead of forward, such as removing the job alerts email feature. I know it sounds like there are more cons than pros, but the ease of use and customer support is 100% more important than all of the cons.

Richard Moss

State of the art social media recruiting platform with a lackluster recruiting workflow.

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Pros
The Social Media platform integration is still best in class. It works well and allows easy visibility for your company's jobs across all social media platforms.

Cons
There are several things, but the actual ATS part of the system seems to have been designed as an afterthought. The workflow is not intuitive and there are too many features that just are not there for a modern search firm, and I imagine it would be very frustrating for an internal corporate recruiter as well. The worst feature though is their enforced branding through email. If you use Jobvite, every time you send an email through their platform it will go out with a jobvite.com email address. This means that many of your candidates will just not see the emails you send because their junk mail filters are picking up the jobvite.com email address as spam because they have a very high junk mail score and also because the word job is in the email address. When I used Jobvite as a corporate recruiter, I was constantly having to call candidates to see if they had received my emails and when I found out they had not I was resending messages from outside of Jobvite. When I called Jobvite, they said this was not a feature that could be easily turned off, and that the only way to do this was for our sys admins to make changes to the company domain settings and if your admins are like mine, they are not going near that with a 10 foot pole. This an idiotic feature and a deal killer for anyone in the recruiting industry.

Duc Nguyen

If you are thinking about it- just do it!

Reviewed 2019-08-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Just a point to note and not really a negative to the platform, but it is something that Jobvite folks can help to make the system even more friendly to those state and local Government folks looking for an ATS platform. Jobvite is a social media recruitment platform so the whole process from hire to on-boarding is meant to be quick and efficient- the platform is more tailored to the modern day business environment where-by users are familiar with technology. Because of this, it is not as "friendly" to local or state government environment. With that said, as a local government entity, still made it to work and have been working now since the beginning on 2019! So that is to say the flexibility and adaptability of the Jobvite are there BUT you need to have a very well-versed administrator/architect/systems analyst to really translate business processes to approval workflow from inception to Go-Live!

Pros
Support is great! Ease of use once set up correctly! Flexible and adaptable to business needs but within reason! Reliable and consistent!

Cons

Response from Jobvite

Thank you for your review Duc, we appreciate you!

Martina Argine

Complete ATS

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-10-30
Review Source: Software Advice

As I currently work with another software, I miss a lot of the great functionalities Jobvite has and the freedom within it for the hiring manager to define each requisition flow/process.

Pros
Jobvite is a complete and multifunctional ATS. The candidate process can be tailored to each requisition need due to the multiple statuses, screening types and contact options. It feels like an actual flow and it makes it easier to follow the candidate journey and keep track of the email sent and received. Bulk emailing and bulk change of status are also 2 great tools - which I use to give for granted but I don't have in the other ATS I use for m current product (SF).

Cons
1. No access to knock out form templates + no option to customize basic templates 2. Not all entities/products are selectable when posting a JD 3. when searching a candidate name in the top bar, it should be made default that the search shows candidates in your own req. (With then the option to see all). Most hiring managers would be looking for their specific candidates.

Response from Jobvite

Martina, thank you so much! We really appreciate you!

Vince Vincent

Jobvite Review

Reviewed 2019-08-20
Review Source: Software Advice

The ability to have all candidates in one place and run reporting on the several data points has been very valuable. The reporting is still a work in progress for our needs. Since using Jobvite we have been able to provide reliable reporting to our hiring managers and executive team.

Pros
It serves as a receptacle for all candidates, the ability to communicate with multiple candidates at one time. It's a time saver. The reporting is helpful, the product is easy to navigate. It serves as a one stop product for all things recruiting related from, communicating with hiring managers to candidates and everything in between.

Cons
The reporting could be stronger, an more fluid approach with LinkedIn Recruiter, and better email options. The ability to add a signature in the email templates that doesn't look generic.

Response from Jobvite

Vince, thank you so much! We appreciate you!

Steve Swensen

JobVite is clearly the current #1 ATS for a reason!!!

Reviewed 2015-09-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The product is very robust and allows for virtually every aspect of our current recruiting process to be made much more streamlined and efficient. Also, our implementation manager is wonderfully attentive, responsive, and highly insightful, making her an absolute dream come true business partner to guide us through the transition process.

Cons
As to be expected, we experienced an almost complete drop-off in communication from our initial point of contact (sales rep) once we signed the contract. While we fully expected that, he could have been more hands-on and clear with next steps, making all required connections, and providing a more seamless transition to those next-level business partners assisting us in the transition. It would have also been slightly less impersonal than receiving almost instant automated emails from JobVite's Accounting system about invoices and deadlines, if the sales rep himself might have been proactive and forwarded and or made a call to explain those. The experience was pretty corporate and or big brand to go from, "what can I do to show you more / earn your business?" to essentially, "Thank you for choosing JobVite, You owe us money, go here to pay by X deadline. Do Not Reply to This Email." Again, a little more hand-holding and personal touch would have been nice from the sales rep, especially considering the size of the check we cut him.

Stacey Hanson

My Jobvite experience in the first 6 months

Reviewed 2019-04-28

Overall, I think, JV is an underused application with what it could do an as a recruitment tool, reporting tool, and an administrative user tool. However, there have been situations when asked to run a particular report. One would think, JV would be able to run it because those fields are in options fields within the program. Unfortunately, some of our report requests are not available. There's always room for improvement.

Pros
I like there are many things I like about JV. Figuring they system out wasn't as difficult as I anticipated. I learned fairly quickly how to maneuver around the system. I really like learning what I can get out of the reports and still learning there is so much more there is to be learned throughout the system.

Cons
There are some things that I don't like about this ATS, in general, as there is a lot of toggling around to different screens which takes time. However, I haven't had much experience working with other ATS's to make a fair comparison. There has been frustration getting instant online help in a timely manner. JV may or may not have this as an option, but online learning courses. I use this ATS, not as a recruiter, but more as an administrator monitoring all new WW jobs posted to ensure all new postings have continuity, consistent messaging, spelling errors, along with a gender-neutral tone.

Helps our Recruiting Needs as a Small Business

Reviewed 2018-10-30

It gets the job done and it's useful for us as a small business to have a place where people can apply online without building our own application process on our website. It's simple for applicants to fill out, but it is time-consuming on our end to get the applications ready.

Pros
I like that you are able to put pretty much anything and everything on the screening forms. So many other software/websites make their application so simplistic that we barely get any information from our candidates other than a resume. We have a full application that we like our candidates to fill out so it is nice to be able to put all the questions we want on the screening form. It's also a convenient way to keep all of our recruiting needs in one spot.

Cons
It's not as user-friendly as I would like it. Creating the screening forms is very time-consuming. It's difficult to be able to delete requisitions or candidates which I understand, but at the same time, it would be useful to have. I inherited the software from our previous HR rep and there were so many things that were incorrect and what not and it's really difficult to clean up requsitions. I'd also prefer if we could turn off the general application as we get so many resumes for positions that sometimes don't even exist.

Steven Mueller

Solid Product

Reviewed 2019-10-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Once fully operational, Jobvite has performed very well overall.

Pros
Excellent candidate engagement functionality and the on-boarding tools are top notch. The interactive support/help tools are very helpful and intuitive.

Cons
The admin module is not always intuitive and it can take a few tries to find the right screen for making changes. Additionally, the implementation model is a challenge, as there is no single person accountable to keeping the project on track.

Response from Jobvite

Steven, thank you! We appreciate you!

Maggie Sweeney

Jobvite rocks

Reviewed 2019-08-06
Review Source: Software Advice

We get rave reviews from candidates during the onboarding experience.

Pros
I love that the product is so customizable and integrates nicely with our HRIS systems. I also love that it really helps with branding and creating a wonderful candidate experience.

Cons
I had issues with turn over of my account manager on the sales side. I also have had to call or use the chat feature a lot and find that a dedicated customer support team per accounts would be the best route to take. instead, I always get differnt peopel with a differnt level of product or account knowledge and I find myself repeating to them. I'd love to see more premade reports in the system. We live in the world of Data and It needs to be easier to data mine the system

Response from Jobvite

Maggie, we are so happy to hear that you are loving Jobvite and so are your candidates! I let our Sales Leader and head of Support know your concerns and suggestions.

DeeDee Breaux

Would be better if they had good Customer Support and their platform was more stable

Reviewed 2017-12-07
Review Source: Software Advice

It's not horrible, if you've never used an ATS before, you'll think it's terrific. If you've used some of the others like Level or Greenhouse, you'll think it's fair but not great.

Pros
I like the ease of use, it's somewhat intuitive and has a lot of good features. They have a lot of good training tutorials online so it's pretty easy to get hiring managers to use it. For the money, it's not a bad ATS, I'd give it a B- if I were grading it.

Cons
Their site goes down quite a bit which leaves you stuck not being able to do anything. Customer Support is super hard to get in touch with, you'll stay on the phone waiting for someone to answer for hours, if they ever do they are not very helpful. The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. It does some very basic reporting, but sometimes the numbers are not accurate and trying to get support to help understand why is impossible.

Anonymous

Easy to use but still can get better

Reviewed 2019-05-03

It's very easy to maintain data in the tool and hence our Talent Acquisition Team's work is more transparent to the stakeholders. We also get to know where are the delays in the interview process or offer approval process

Pros
- It's very consumer friendly. If the consumer hasn't used any ATS tool ever, Jobvite has a very easy UI and anyone can pick it up quite quickly without any formal training. - I really appreciate the quick help I get from the Customer Support team, they are just simply awesome.

Cons
I would rather write "What could be better" rather than writing any cons It will be really great if the users can create more and more reports rather than going back and forth with your team, there are many times that there is some amount of data that we require but we can't create the report from scratch and have to keep scrolling through already available reports