Push Operations Reviews

Push Operations

Scheduling, time tracking, payroll, and HR for restaurants.

4.59/5 (46 reviews)

Pros
  • It helps the store fun effeciently as possible and presents itself very user friendly.Anna H.Read the full review
  • The easiest payroll system ever! complimented by an amazing support team. It doesn't get any better than Push Operations for payroll.Jo B.Read the full review
  • Overall, it's been a great experience that has expedited our payroll adventures at the company.Rebecca H.Read the full review
Cons
  • This is a tough question as it is very hard to find something that I dislike.Jo B.Read the full review
  • I don't like that the website does not work very well from phone/tablets. I can't approve hours or shift changes unless I'm at a desktop/laptop.Brad S.Read the full review
  • Some of the glitches that occurred from simple user error that impacted payment timing.Becky J.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jo Bullock

Takes away the stresses of payroll

Reviewed 2018-11-19

Pros
this is the easiest payroll system I have ever used! It is easy to maneuver your way around the system and it is so quick to complete. I have never been able to complete payroll faster than this system. This frees me up for getting on with other work. The support team are amazing! They are always so very helpful and courteous

Cons
This is a tough question as it is very hard to find something that I dislike. If I really had to think of something I guess it would be that if I complete an offrun and there has been a stat day, I have to remember to make that calculation and add it to the run

Mike Patterson

Review on Push Operations

Reviewed 2019-07-30

It's been overall very positive.

Pros
Very intuitive, very easy to use. Small business, so they listen to what you need, and if there are any issue

Cons
Customer service can be a bit slow sometimes; but often it's because I want something that added to the program that doesn't already exist.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate the honest feedback and we are always working on ways to improve new feature requests.
-Tianna

Krystle Samson

The features are very basic; I would like to see more HRIS functions as the HR items are primitive

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Pros
The look of the sight is appealing. It is easy for Managers to get comfortable with the software. Easy payroll application; I process payroll for 5 companies and use the application on a daily basis. I'm happy with the support that PUSH offers.

Cons
I would like to see more use of the HR functions. I also find that there some functions that can be streamlined.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Clint Thompson

Best thing to come around for the restaurant industry

Reviewed 2020-02-06

Our experience has been excellent very professional ad very helpful!

Pros
Very easy to use and the scheduling made our lives easier!

Cons
There isn't much we don't like! I would like to see if Push could talk to our POS company so our labour reports could work with our system!!

Response from Push Operations

Hi Clint, thank you so much for the kind review. We're so happy to hear that your use of Push has made your life easier! - Trena

teena SIM

Push - scheduling

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Overall, the experience has been above average. Guest experience is great.

Pros
My team uses the scheduling feature. This saves several hours, with the team adding in their own availability and admin using the information to schedule 2 -3 weeks out.

Cons
If employees work in more than one class, under the same company, they don't get just 1 T4 but up to 6 of them. It's a hassle.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Teena,
Thank you for the review and we appreciate the honesty. I would like to try and fix the T4 issue you are having. Can you send a bit more information about it to support@pushoperations.com?
-Tianna

Rick Kim

Re: Review on Push Operations Payroll Feature

Reviewed 2019-08-07

I am a one man show and Push Operations' Payroll Feature has enabled me to spend my limited time on being an effective leader focusing on the operations for the furtherance of the company rather than doing daily tasks to stay intact.

Pros
Automated stat pay calculations, clock ins/outs, user empowered communication platform such as staff leaving special requests such as vacation pay, incorrect punch in/out notes, etc.

Cons
I can't really pin point anything at this point but if I had to leave a feedback on its challenges are the development of its mobile apps to feature more wholesome and advanced usability for admin users.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Rick,
So glad we can help make your life easier! We have lots of new mobile features coming down the pipeline to help admins do more away from their desks.
- Tianna

Anonymous

Making Payroll Easy

Reviewed 2019-01-24

PUSH has afforded us a level of transparency allowing us to drill down and understand exactly where our labour dollars are being spent; by the department, position, employee, and even the hour. By using PUSH, we have streamlined our payroll processing allowing us to reduce not only the time it takes to run a payroll but also our overall labour costs.

Pros
The software is straight forward and easy to learn. It has allowed us to better match staffing to demand and most importantly, control our labour costs. The support staff are friendly, responsive and very knowledgeable. They intuitively understand hourly labour in the hospitality sector.

Cons
If PUSH could provide product updates faster it would be appreciated as there are a few areas for improvement with the software (i.e. employees cannot view timesheets on the time clock). But we are grateful for the platform they have developed and the support they continue to provide and are confident that their development team will have a solution within a few months.

Response from Push Operations

Hey,
Thanks for the great review! The employee clock ins and clock outs can be seen in the employees Push Scheduler once the hours are approved. We are moving away from time sheets because the changes on the sheets could not be tracked and sending it direct to the employees app gave them a greater line of sight. If you have a special case and have not heard from us yet can you contact support@pushoperations.com and we can do our best to make the system work for you.
- Tianna

Paul Smith

OUTSTANDING Do-It-Yourself Payroll and Scheduling Product! Goodby ADP and Ceridian!

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Pros
We moved from ADP and it was a night and day difference. The ease of running payroll and setting up a weekly schedule is hardly worth comparison. As well, the integration between timekeeping, scheduling, and running payroll makes services like ADP seem like complete dinosaurs. No need for a clunky time-clock - employees clock in and out on an iPad. Holidays are automatically calculated - Yay! I literally spend about 2 minutes to run payroll. Finally, submitting an ROE is as easy as clicking one button. Two major headaches removed from my workflow. This industry has been waiting a long time for a product like this. Don't think twice about moving to Push. Rid yourself of the pains of payroll and scheduling.

Cons
Navigating user permissions and categories can be confusing at times. There have been a couple of times where I have had to contact customer support in order to locate a user permission.

Brad Silberg

Using push has saved me at least 10 hours per month with scheduling and payroll services.

Reviewed 2017-12-28

Pros
I love the web interface. It's clear and easy to use and makes running payroll a breeze. Scheduling is incredibly easy and allowing different users separate permissions has helped me a lot in terms of delegating certain tasks to different staff. I have referred many people to push, and I will continue to do so.

Cons
I don't like that the website does not work very well from phone/tablets. I can't approve hours or shift changes unless I'm at a desktop/laptop. This is quite annoying and I hope that you can fix this issue in the coming months.

Paula Mason

Fantastic Product!

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Excellent Product, Fantastic Support, Easy to Use, Professional & Concise

Pros
The personal support and the emailed chat conversation that is provided after getting assistance. The reps are amazing!

Cons
The "online manual" is not very helpful at all. That is definitely balanced out by the level/style of customer support provided though.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Paula,
Thanks for the great review!
- Tianna

Craig Paton

Push Software

Reviewed 2019-08-06

We use a third party to process payroll and use push to generate the information

Pros
Ease of use for the staff plus accountability for time off an shift change requests.

Cons
Some of the challenges handling administrators access.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Craig,
Glad the system is working for you. If you notice access to be difficult we would love more information on that feedback. Contact our support email and let us know what is causing you problems. We may be able to fix it. Contact support@pushoperations.com.
- Tianna

Anonymous

Great product for small/medium company

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Labor management, scheduling and time & attendance issues.

Pros
Very user friendly, easy to setup, excellent customer service.

Cons
Could use some more reporting for auditing. Does not interface with Quickbooks yet.

Response from Push Operations

Thanks for the great review! If you want to send an idea in on reports you think we could be missing you can do to "submit an idea" at the bottom of our home page. We would love to learn more about the reports you want to see.
- Tianna

Martin Baluch

Good Service

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Pros
Easy to use and very convenient. Love the ability to login and adjust hours for our guys

Cons
Sometimes it doesn't capture employees login.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the great feedback. The system should be catching those employee logins. If you notice this continuing to happen please contact our support team at support@pushoperations.com and we can work on fixing that for you.
- Tianna

Janelle Davidson

Easy program for both staff and management to use

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
The ability it gives the staff to find their own replacements for shifts. I can post the schedule and if anyone wants to trade or give up a shift, I know that the other person has accepted the change by the shift swap request.

Cons
I have been using the system since April 2017 and have not found anything to complain about. The least liked feature would be the employee request screen that lists all asked for requests. Would be nice to sort by date and hide last years requests.

Tara Hardie

Time Saving

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Pros
The ease of running payroll with this system saves so much time and stress.

Cons
One very small issue is that when you are creating push messages if it times out your draft is not saved.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your great review of Push Operations.

I think your draft idea is a great one. We have an idea submission page that goes straight to our development team. Here is the link so you can submit your idea to us.

Debra Williams

Push has been fantastic, I have cut the time down on processing my scheduling and payroll

Reviewed 2017-12-28

Pros
The ease of having my schedule combined with my staff clock in and clock out, and have it communicate with my payroll has saved time and money doing stat count backs, processing ROEs T4s and really just everything.

Cons
The scheduling module still needs work for ease of use, but is a work in progress. Excellent upgrades have been made in the year and a half that we have been using it. I am sure this will continue.

Krista Thomas

Use friendly

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Push makes it easy to run payroll and has been a reliable user friendly system.

Pros
Easy to use. Simple step by step online manuals. Excellent live chat option for assistance the reps in customer service are phenomenal.

Cons
that it caters to restaurant scheduling. We are a hotel and would love to see the system grow and be able to code: hotel occupancy, arrivals and departures so that we could use the scheduling system in full.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Krista,
Thanks for the feedback I will tell my team about the feedback you have provided. I don't believe there is a plan to expand this year but it may be something we look at in the future.
- Tianna

Jaclyn Guse

Push makes it easy!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-08-01

Push takes care of our payroll so we can focus our efforts and energy on our top priority - providing exceptional service to those experiencing fertility struggles!

Pros
Push takes the reign on payroll so we don't have to worry about if things are correct or not, they get it right every time! It makes our company flow so much better and takes away a lot of anxiety and stress.

Cons
Not necessarily a con, but when you submit a question to them you receive an auto e message saying they have received it. Getting another email, without the answer is not great, I would prefer to just wait for my answer.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Jaclyn,
Thanks for the great review! I understand getting the extra email can always be a little frustrating but we found that extra email helped people confirm we got the request, lowering the amount of people who emailed us a second time and helped us lower our response time.
- Tianna

Swede Ewing

Moving to Push was the best thing we could have done!

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Pros
Payroll for 60 employees takes minutes. Extremely cost effective. We scan all employee documents and upload the files to the individual record eliminating hard copies. Scheduling is a breeze and easy to learn. Customer support is the absolute best. If you have a restaurant you NEED Push.

Cons
Admin permissions can be a little confusing. Mobile functionality is somewhat lacking at this time

Anna Heath

Great software for keeping track of daily activities.

Reviewed 2019-05-18

Pros
It is very easy to use and navigate so that I can teach our newest recruits with no problem.

Cons
The side icons can be a bit confusing as some of the wording is the same.

Rosa Meyer

Good software has really improved our payroll processing

Reviewed 2017-12-20

Pros
The payroll processing is really helpful for my team and has really improved our processes. I appreciate that I can see who else is on vacation when approving requests.

Cons
The entire program could be more intuitive. It is also quite slow to load. I wish there was more option for customization.

Response from Push Operations

Hi Rosa,

Thanks so much for the review! Your comments are very important to us.

Are there are specific modules or areas of the system that you find slow?

I'm curious because our Dev team is currently working on speed optimizations within a few areas and would like to find out if it helps when released.

Alfons Bauer

Push is saving me lots of time on the daily tasks, payroll is done faster than before I used "Push

Reviewed 2017-12-30

Pros
Payroll can be done online from anywhere, I don't have to go in my business and have to write cheques. The time capture is easy, no more spread sheets, and the staff likes the system as well.

Cons
Upgrades for the tablet should be done automatically, or announced per email. Otherwise I do not have any problems with the software or tablet.

Jippy Toutant

Good payroll software for our Restaurant.

Reviewed 2019-07-11

Pros
I work at a small Thai restaurant and needed a good payroll software that was easy and fast and this one didn't disappoint. I tried a few others but this one worked well for our needs. I liked the interface and it was pretty intuitive as well. My manager and I have been using for a little while and would recommend.

Cons
It could have a little more q&a page to answer questions when learning but the customer support was good as well. I would like to use more to fully understand.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Jippy,
Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad that Push has worked for your restaurant. Thanks for suggesting more Q & A's I think that is a great idea.If you have any specific issues you want us to work on please email me at contact@pushoperations.com and I would be happy to help you out and make sure those are built out for the next new user!
- Tianna

Kevin Tang

Payroll is not longer labour intensive for the accounting department

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Free up labour intensive data entry and data transfer between various pages / spreadsheets/ programs. Free up time from payroll administrator to look up info for others, as all users have access to the info that they needed without the need to go through payroll department.

Pros
Transparency (managers and staff can check info themselves), Ease of approval between managers and accounting, and Smooth workflow from scheduling

Cons
Mobile feature could improve to get close to full experience from the web, especially on the accounting side.

Rebecca H

PUSH review

Reviewed 2019-03-08

Overall, it's been a great experience that has expedited our payroll adventures at the company. From manual work to streamlining it online, we have increased our capacity to serve our employees and efficiently handling new problems that arise.

Pros
PUSH is easy to navigate once brief overview of the online platform is reviewed. The photo clock in and clock out serves as an efficient and convenient way for employees and employers to match hours to a given schedule as well.

Cons
There are many features and sometimes one function on the top tab must be entered before being able to access a page of interest such as earnings and deductions which could create increased time spent on accessing some functions.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Rebecca, Thanks for the great review! The feedback you offered is great. If you could send more information to support@pushoperations.com.
- Tianna