OneCause Reviews

Pros

They are great with online auctions, they help give you insight and ideas to help you reach your goal.

Christal D.

Laurna S.

Contacting our supporters with text messaging is amazing and setting up multiple fundraisers has been fantastic. It's easy to use once we understand it.

Angela T.

Cons

They were a little perturbed when they found out about the reserve after they had already been bidding.

Danielle H.

Donors often complain that they cannot zoom-in on the item, so they don't know what they are purchasing, except for what is listed in the description.

Michelle W.

The live auction item is awful. It is not intuitive and easy to use.

Joe B.

OneCause - super easy to use

Transcript

Seth W.: Hey, my name is Seth. I'm a benefit auctioneer specialist. I use OneCause for benefit auctions....

It'll Get the Job Done

Transcript

Elizabeth A.: My name is Elizabeth and I'm the Director of Development and Communications. I am reviewing...

Great Auction Softward

Pros

Customer service is great and friendly. They are knowledgeable and help you succeed. Quick responses anytime I had a question.

Cons

I wish they had a built in duplicate checker for donors who register twice. You have to run a report that shows you duplicates but it would be nice to check for duplicates without running a report.

Christal, Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review for us! We are grateful to be able to help support #FearlessFundraisers like you advance your cause. Fundraise on!

Absolutely seamless software and such a game changer for our non-profit!

I cannot fathom maneuvering the pandemic as a non-profit without the use of OneCause, much less any other year. We incorporated it into every single virtual event and in-person event and were able to stay financially stable thanks to its use. We actually surpassed our budgeting goals for the year and had the most successful mobile bidding gala silent auction in the Zoos history. We look forward to using OneCause for many years to come!

Pros

OneCause, including their mobile bidding, peer-to-peer and online giving platforms, has absolutely set the standard for fundraising software for the best price. The software has been invaluable to our non-profit, paying for itself after a single event. Our team seamlessly incorporated each platform into our in-person and virtual events with ease. The mobile bidding software is not only a breeze for...

Cons

There is truly so little that we dislike about OneCause. Our customer support contacts were so easy to reach, communicate with and work through any dilemma with. Our only "wish list" item for OneCause's mobile bidding software is simply to be able to categorize fixed price packages. That's all we can think of to improve the platform, which speaks strides of its excellence.

What a helpful review, Mikayla! Thank you so much for your kind words and for your partnership. Fundraise on!

Set up of Custom Pages

I have been very happy with the response from our representative. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (new position) responded when I needed help. Also, I can't tell you how nice and helpful the tech support people have been for me. I could not have completed our auction without their support. Awesome job!

Pros

It is so nice to have registration, donations, and auction all at the same place and using the same platform. Seems that our users are pretty comfortable with it's use.

Cons

I wish you could just upload a document from your computer for custom pages. It's a bit cumbersome going to drop box. I'm not sure why that is especially since we're able to load auction photos from our own computer. I also think that the check boxes for auction featuring, etc. are a bit confusing. Not always intuitive with the enabling, etc. check boxes.

OneCause for peer-to-peer fundraising

We use OneCause to support our peer-to-peer fundraising campaign.

Pros

OneCause is easy to set up, and easy to understand. Configuration is straightforward and can be done by someone with minimal tech skills.

Cons

Using OneCause - as an administrator or end user - is unintuitive. The design is poor and users receive unintelligible error messages. It really doesn't inspire confidence in the platform, which is pretty bad when you're trying to convince people to share their fundraising pages with others.

We love hearing we could help support your peer-to-peer fundraising. We're constantly adding enhancements to create the best user experience possible - thank you for your input!

It'll Get the Job Done

I would say that overall the end-user experience has been good with minimal complaints and confusion. The back-end for these systems is very confusing and takes a lot of technology understanding, Googling, calling the help center, and trial and error. There was a lot of frustration in our office as we navigated setting up the system (both years, because we unfortunately had to learn an entirely new system this year from the one we learned last year). I am so glad the events went well and the end-users were pleased with the experience, but the set-up was definitely hard to navigate. I hope the new VEC is more set-up friendly, and will integrate more of the OneCause products into one location.

Pros

The end-user experience was seamless and fairly easy to navigate. Our donors were impressed and excited about the interactivity and the ability to participate in the silent auction and get reminders right on their phones. We hosted an event last year in-person and used the Mobile Bidding Software for our silent auction, and our revenue was significantly increased because of the engagement. We then used the Virtual Event Software for an entirely virtual event this year including a silent and live auction and appeal. The engagement was great, and our live auction went far better than expected.

Cons

The fact that the Mobile Bidding Software (MBS) and the Virtual Event Center (VEC) do not integrate and the VEC was still under construction make it hard to leave a review for what I liked least. But in terms of the MBS; the software is not very intuitive and there are a lot of areas where I didn't like having to duplicate my process (like in the item vs. package). The reports you could run at the...

Thank you for your review, Elizabeth! We're so glad to hear your event went even better than expected. Happy to be partnered with you!

Best Bang for Your Buck

I could be a sales rep for One Cause because I love it that much! I have influenced 3 other non-profits within my community to purchase the software. I also helped in getting them going with their setup.

Pros

After participating in the One Cause University, I felt very accomplished and capable. What I love the most, is the seemingly endless supply of functionality! The reports are amazing and easy to access. The ease of designing your event page is wonderful. Even the smallest of events appear grand when One Cause is the incorporated. I have recommended the software to 3 local nonprofits and even assisted them in getting started on the setup.

Cons

One small enhancement- I would request that within one event have the capability to divert funds into separate banking accounts. Example- Fixed price items be processed in one account, silent/ live auction proceeds in a different account. I have not used the software for an in person event, so can't speak to it's ticketing abilities.

We appreciate this review and your partnership, Laurna! Thank you for spreading the word to help support others' causes, as well!

Good Product, Good Service, Relative Ease of Use

We were grateful to have a OneCause staff member at our Gala and she was excellent. However we have now learned to run the software ourselves with success. Customer service was good but it is not helpful to be directed to a website or genreal anwers to questions when you are seeking a specific answer. WE still can't figure out what some monthly charge is for. Overall expereince was good.

Pros

While we still can't get our people to give up paper bidding, we are very pleased with the ability to set up the auction page and share it it with event attendees and others. We have been successful using a buy now option and selling items before the event.

Cons

There needs to be a better way to cusomize bid sheets. There also needs to be a more intuitive, easy way to get people to preregister --- like a big button that says PRE-REGISTER. A small sign in button on the top right had corner of the auction page was hard for our people. Also a one step process to pre-regestier and put in a credit card (as opposed to a two step process) would be great.

Thanks for this helpful input, Hyla! We love being able to support your events and help you raise more for your cause!

OnceCause Rocks - from Sunrise

We love OneCause. Our whole team is very happy with all aspects of the software.

Pros

Back end controls, auction simplicity, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (our event manager is the bomb)

Cons

Sponsor logo upload not efficient, lack of customization options for homepage and other pages

Joshua, Thanks for the review :) We're sure you'll like our recent upgrades to photos and we continue to use helpful input like yours to improve our solutions. We're happy to have you in our group of #FearlessFundraisers

OneCause Changed Our Development Strategy

Our experience has been completely positive. OneCause is an invaluable partner in our development program, and their support is incredible.

Pros

OneCause brought out development program into the digital age. It helps us make use of record-keeping tools, payment processing tools, and promotional tools that we didn't have before.

Cons

OneCause is a great suite of tools that could benefit from stronger integration between the platforms.

Events USe

Great! I plan to continue using for future events, even once the pandemic has eased up to allow in person events again.

Pros

Setting up the Giving Center is easy to navigate. When needing help, the customer service representatives were always helpful.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility within the scoreboards.

Thrilled to be able to continue fundraising with you both virtually and in-person, Emily! Thanks for your review.

We're happy OneCause users

Overall, we're very happy with OneCause. It's got the features we want, it's reliable, and customer service is second to none.

Pros

This year, I'd say what I like most is that it allows us to hold silent auctions despite COVID but in general the software works like it's supposed to and offers all the features we want. Additionally, I can't say enough about their customer support -- they are knowledgeable, prompt, and cheerful while they help you. This replaced some older auction software that didn't allow for mobile bidding. For the most part our guests love the mobile bidding. It's fun and keeps everyone interested until the last minute of the auction.

Cons

The cost makes us stop and consider alternative products every once in a while. Also, there are MANY reports to choose from, which is great, but I spend a lot of time finding the one I want. It'd be nice if they were organized differently.

Thanks for this helpful review, Lisa! We're so glad we could help support your mission in this unprecedented year. Keep on fundraising!

Worked for us

Overall this worked great for our annual fundraiser. We are looking forward to using it again for next year's fundraiser in a (hopefully) hybrid in person and online event!

Pros

It's fairly easy to use overall. We used this for one large event and it saved so much time doing some things on here that we would have otherwise done manually!

Cons

While some features are user friendly, the design component of the event isn't as easy. It's actually kind of of a pain to upload pictures and format your actual site. I would have expected it to be easier based on the webinars I'd attended and conversations with the host.

Love supporting your successful online fundraiser, Erin! Can't wait to go hybrid together in the future!

An Honest Review from a First Year Advancement Coordinator

As a first year Advancement Coordinator at a private school, I was given the task to produce a live and silent auction to raise funds for my campus. I was told to check out BidPal and I'm glad that I did. The software system was relatively user-friendly with many helpful features. These features were readily available on each category page on my BidPal account. Also, the call help desk feature was...

Cons

Caleb, Thank you for your review! Your feedback on our scoreboards has been forwarded to our Product Development Team, who is always looking for ways to further enhance our software. We appreciate your comment, value our partnership with your team and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our Idea Exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea. Congrats on a successful event! Best, Joshua Meyer Marketing Director

various support

Great! From the start of the sales person to diving in and creating our campaigns, OneCause was right there to answer our questions when they came up.

Pros

Great support in so many areas! From the many different options to fundraise online to the webinars to the personal support...it's always there for us when we have questions.

Cons

The a la cart. For the money, I would like to have all the options and not have to pay more for extras.

So glad you're able to use all of our resources to support your fundraising, Jessica! We're thankful for your partnership.

A great software to transition to!

It really is a great software, especially coming from the limited software our organization previously had.

Pros

OneCause really thinks through what the user needs to have a successful event. My volunteers loved it and the need help document links directly to the page you need, rather than searching for the relevant information.

Cons

There are so many great customizable options that I would assume there would be even more customizable flexibility for the user, but that is not always the case. OneCause gives you the tools and resources to be successful, but sometimes the ability to make your own report, or set up a sponsor or ticketing system with certain specifications isn't as easy.

OneCause for Benefits

OneCause has been great to work with. Customer service is outstanding. The platform was resonably priced and relieved some of the work that goes into the auction. Onecause also allowed us to seamlessly move to a virtual auction this year.

Pros

We started using OneCause for our annual benefit auction February 2021. So glad we did! our 2021 benefit had to be virtual and our guests were already familiar with the program. Very intuitive but what I liked most is the plethora of tutorials and articles that I turn to quiet often to help me set up and use the site from the administrator side. Were also able to use it for a mainly contactless golf tournament in the summer of 2020 as well. Reporting after the event is robust and very helpful and customer service is fantastic!

Cons

I loved that the live chat help that was available last year. This year, you have to send an email and wait for a response. Also, I would like to be able to customize some of the reports so I can pull out just what I am looking for. Thirdly, if you require an email for a user to bid on items, there should be a default or override you can use for guests who don't have email. Not many don't but there were a couple.

What a helpful review, Mary! So thankful we can partner with you to support your virtual fundraising!

We use OneCause for our silent auctions and each one has been a success due to OneCause!

We get benefits from OneCause of making our silent auctions more accessible and look great!

Pros

I love the customization and features of OneCause that make each event feel personalized. We love being able to add our auction sponsor logo on the Giving Center along with pictures for the event and change colors on the site itself. When entering itmes/packages the features make it easy to enter and package together.

Cons

You can't have multiple events open in a window at the same time. If you are reusing descriptions/features/wording from one event to another event it's hard. We have multiple auctions and like to keep wording consistent for check out/text messages/ specific recurring items.

Unbelievable support - like having three more employees pitching in.

The time saved with the OneCause product is really like having extra employees/volunteers. Can't imagine doing it without them.

Pros

The software did everything we needed it to and more - from selling tickets and foursomes to silent auction and day-of fixed price items...simple to implement and a nice customer facing mobile app. But what really makes the product different is the incredible support you get from their team. Regular check-in's and calls - by the time our event rolled around, they knew more about it than I did. Although it was my first year running the multi-day events, I felt extremely comfortable and confident due to the support I received from OneCause.

Cons

I have only one complaint, and that is that there's not great-looking templates for the landing pages, and when we built our own, it was kind of a process in that it has to be stored on a website rather than uploading to OneCause. I believe they're working on improving that.

Simplify your fund raising with OneCause!

I have been very pleased with OneCause and have been a loyal customer for 8 years. OneCause is innovative and on trend with offering products and services that help people like me that raise money for a non-profit. Their staff is always willing to jump in and help every step of the way.

Pros

OneCause is dedicated to their customers, their platforms are designed to simplify their fund raising needs. We have used mobile bidding for many years and it is super user friendly to set-up and for guests to use on event day. In recent years we have used OneCause for guest registration too. Donation appeals are implemented with ease using OneCause and the appeals have now become a major source of revenue at our events.

Cons

OneCause integrates with many CRM systems but unfortunately not ours, Tessitura. This is not their fault it is something we need to figure out on our end.

Laura, Thank you for allowing us to help support your mission for 8 years! We appreciate your note. Keep on fundraising!

Customer Service at it's Best

The best asset that OneCause has is the people that work there. Every question is quickly answered, and the phone support staff seems genuinely excited about helping. For "in person" events, the support staff is invaluable. Even with virtual events, our normal person was just a phone call away as the auction was ending

Pros

The product is easy to use. It shows the items and packages very well online. The bidding features are excellent, and help encourage donors to bid. It can be updated and changed rapidly. The custom features really help donors focus on the needs and the stories of the organization, and add to their desire to bid on tiems.

Cons

There aren't any cons for us right now in the way we use the program.

I've used it for 5 years now and appreciate the many facets of the software, esp. the reports.

While I appreciate BidPal very much and see how it's benefited our organization through the years, I still think the cost is much too high considering the high cost of the add-ons. The auction listings are still far too limiting. I've submitted various ideas through the years, but none have been brought to fruition. There should be the ability to be able to modify the appearance of the font, so...

Cons

Tammy, we appreciate the feedback! BidPal is proud to offer several Mobile Bidding and Fundraising Software packages at varying price points to meet the budget of any nonprofit. Our Full Service Mobile Bidding pricing options are among the industry's lowest. Your additional feedback has been forwarded along to our development team who is always looking for ways to further enhance our product. We encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our idea exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea/ Best, Joshua Meyer Marketing Director

Good Option for Mobile Bidding

It was a good initial foray into mobile bidding for the silent auction at our fundraiser, but we did not use them again the next year. We found another option that was more user friendly and was able to avoid the glitches that we had experienced with BidPal. I will say again - their customer service was excellent and I have not used them since they became OneCause.

Pros

The move to mobile bidding was a big deal for our annual fundraising event. BidPal (now OneCause) fit the bill at the time. The rep was fantastic and the customer services is excellent. The app was not hard to use, but has its drawbacks. I used this in late 2017, so things may have changed or improved since then. Our guests did like the change to mobile bidding even with the hiccups.

Cons

We ran into some glitches at the event. Live auction items appeared in the app for bidding when they were supposed to remain separate. This issue was fixed quickly. If a winning bidder changed their mind, the item automatically reverted to the next highest bidder and charged their card. Caused me a few problems after the event, but their customer service was excellent and helped me through the issues.

Useful software, missing some helpful features.

Silent auctions are much easier to run with this program than to run without. Items are easy to put in and bidders can see items and packages in a user friendly way.

Pros

This software is helpful for events. Having all of our information about the event, as well as a place to purchase sponsorship, tickets or to bid on items is great. This platform allows everything to be in one place and is appealing and ease to use on the front end for donors and participants.

Cons

There are some features lacking that make larger events very time consuming. Table number and bidder number assignments take time as the program always seeks to assign bid numbers alphabetically instead of by table number. There is also some issues with linking images to the main website, it does not allow you to just upload the picture but rather you have to link it from a URL.

One Cause has simplified our fundraising efforts...

Very positive experience with One Cause and we are pleased with its performance

Pros

Simplicity of use and customer service was a huge sale for us

Cons

Additional cost for extra platforms- wish it was one fee for all services

Deborah, Thanks for the feedback! We love hearing our platform is easy to use and we're grateful you're a part of our group of #FearlessFundraisers!

Annual Auction and Other Fund Raising Events

Customer service is great and for the most part, there is usually a workaround for some things as they are encountered.

Pros

This product is easy to use and their customer service team is great. Over the years we have seen improvements made to the software to enhance its features some even based on our recommendations. The digital platform is great!

Cons

Not being able to change certain things after they have been imputed.

We're so glad you notice our enhancements as we make them, Irma :) Thankful for your continued partnership over the years!