OneCause Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.03/10

Reviews by rating

After participating in the One Cause University, I felt very accomplished and capable. What I love the most, is the seemingly endless supply of functionality.
The reports are amazing and easy to access. The ease of designing your event page is wonderful.
They were a little perturbed when they found out about the reserve after they had already been bidding.
Donors often complain that they cannot zoom-in on the item, so they don't know what they are purchasing, except for what is listed in the description.
The live auction item is awful. It is not intuitive and easy to use.

TB

Terri B.

Director of Development

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Good Option for Mobile Bidding

Transcript

Terri B.: Hi, I'm Terri. I'm a director of development for a non-profit organization. I'm reviewing OneCause...

SW

Seth W.

Benefit Auctioneer Specialist

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

OneCause - super easy to use

Transcript

Seth W.: Hey, my name is Seth. I'm a benefit auctioneer specialist. I use OneCause for benefit auctions....

TM

Tammie M.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

OneCause should be titled MultiCause

Pros

This software is very adaptable! Allowing you to really customize the features to fit your specific events. You can literally create micro-sites to support your event efforts. Very easy for constituents to engage and enjoy.

Cons

You will need to be somewhat tech savvy to take advantage of the robust webpages that are available. Not having the opportunity to insert pictures and graphics without first saving them in Google then having to manipulate the fields is not the most convenient. Pretty when done, but I make most choices on ease of use and this could be better.

Tammie, Thank you for the helpful feedback - we bet you'll love our recent update to photos and other improvements throughout. Happy we can help you support your mission in so many different ways!

AD

Allyson D.

We had a great experience with this software this year for our event.

It was easy to find our clients and it allowed us to set up our silent auction and receive bids through it weeks before the event, not just day of. It also allowed us to be able to have people who could not physically attend the event still bid and win items in our silent auction.

Pros

The availability to use it on the go and make quick changes if needed; the fact that the updated registration check in software was super easy to use and easy to make changes in if needed; the fact that we were able to set up the fundraising page quickly and that it was very clean and presentable; the fact that customer service was easy to get in touch with and would answer any questions that we had and help us pinpoint any issues as needed.

Cons

If you weren't aware of the way that items would roll over to packaging that you would have to do double work in that area (example: inputting item information so that it would roll into the packaging without having to reword descriptions, etc).

SD

Shawna D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great Product for Silent Auctions!

Great! Easy to work with and fast responses on tech support

Pros

Easy to set up and provides a great user (attendee) experience for auctions!

Cons

We need the capacity for larger photos and in program photo storage

Shawna, We bet you'll love our recent upgrades to photos and we appreciate your input as we continue to improve our products! Thankful we can help you support your mission.

Stephen J.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

A great product, but suffers from too much self promotion

Pros

OneCause creates a great experience for the end user. Registration is relatively easy, as is purchasing tickets and bidding on auction items. It has helped to greatly streamline our event experience.

Cons

The software's back end (for administrators and office users) is extremely convoluted. Each event operates independently of each other, meaning that no constituent details are shared between two events. The software loves to promote itself - nearly every page and email is plastered with the OneCause branding or logo, which takes away from the exposure that the organization is supposed to get from hosting a charity event. Trying to share your event on social media? It's not even worth it, as the only thing that your users will see is the OneCause logo and not any details of your event in the link preview.

So happy to hear how our software was able to streamline your event experience! Thank you so much for your feedback.

TC

Tavia C.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Superb Software

Absolutely wonderful! We are looking forward to using it for our next event.

Pros

Full functionality! Everything we needed to host a creative and virtual fundraising event was included. Customer support was superb, and we even hired a Virtual Event Manager who was REMARKABLE. She helped make our event a huge success! The online auction capabilities were seamless and easy to use!

Cons

Would like to be able to post more photos of auction items.

We're thankful we could help support your mission in 2020, Tavia! Looking forward to a continued partnership in 2021!

TW

Teresa W.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

2022 Foundation HGTC Gala

I enjoyed using this product. It provided all of the information required for our auction; names, addresses, dollars spent, items bought, etc. I liked the tabs for easy access to the item I needed to obtain information about and to print.

Pros

It was simple to use and provided all of the information required to manage and monitor our auction items.

Cons

There was no section that I didn't like to use. I was satisfied with all sections of the product.

Thank you so much Teresa for the thoughtful review. We love seeing how easy to use our software is for your fundraising experience. We are so happy to partner with your cause!

JW

Jami W.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great Product!

Wonderful! The team has always been willing to help us tackle our problems. They are on hand during the event (in person or virtual) to help at any time!

Pros

The customer service representatives are very easy to work with an always willing to help. If you are hosting an online event without the need for any "virtual live event" than this product is perfect!

Cons

One area of improvement would be to allow better capabilities to stream live. The uploading of images could potentially be a bit easier and user friendly as well.

Jami, We're so thankful we can help you solve your problems and grow your mission. Grateful you're a part of our group of #FearlessFundraisers!

MF

Molly F.

My organization had a great experience with the One Cause software. We look forward to continuing!

Pros

My organization signed on with One Cause just 2 months before our annual auction. One Cause did did everything necessary to help us prepare and keep us on target for planning our event and it was so successful! The software is very organized and helps track your project timeline and progress. Our event attendees loved bidding with One Cause on their mobile devices. Plus, moving to an online bidding platform made our check out process run much more smoothly and quickly - which everyone is a fan of! On top of all of this, their customer support is outstanding. They are incredibly patient and always happy to help. I never felt like my call was an inconvenience, no matter what time I called. Our organization has nothing but positive reviews for One Cause's product and services.

Cons

There is a lot of good information on the site to sift through, but sometimes without some guidance from support it can be a bit difficult to track down exactly what you're looking for.

JT

Jodie T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

OneCause for NOnprofits

We use OneCause for DIY and in-person events. The benefits of having a consultant on site for large dinner events allows staff and volunteers to focus on event details and consultants to provide support with the backend functions.

Pros

The mobile features of OneCause for special events is easy to implement and you can create attractive event webpages rather quickly. It's a great value for the tools and has made bidding on auction items and offering sponsorship packages online very effective.

Cons

Occasionally we have challenges when adding events - customer service is ok - have had to call back to get confirmation on new events.

We're thankful we can help support your online DIY and in-person events, Jodie! Fundraise on!

BT

Becky T.

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Great tool

This was a game changer for our annual auction. Huge time saver at the event for payment and great engagement tool for our donors at the event.

Pros

I use the mobile bidding software and I like that it has just about everything we need to run a gala/auction online and the ease of use for our attendees is fantastic.

Cons

I wish it had a bit more ability to use like a donor database, and that it integrated communication with people better along with tracking expenses for the event so we can better see a total. I also wish it was a bit back-end user friendly - some of the image hosting and editability is not easy to use.

Glad we can help support your online fundraising with a great user experience for your attendees, Becky! Thank you!

JR

John R.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

LHNE

We have enjoyed it's flexibility overall

Pros

mobile bidding and mass text are very useful

Cons

When running a non-auction event like a golf tournament the mobile bidding start uppage should be able to be pointed somewhere beside the non-existent catalog page. Being able to have the landing page go to the welcome or ticket registration would be much more appealing.

NH

Natalie H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

OneCause Review

We've overall had a great experience with OneCause. The customer service is key and probably one of the most important aspects to us because we are a small organization. The price keeps rising which is tough and it would be great if tiered pricing was considered for smaller budget operations. When the price keeps going up it is tough.

Pros

We pivoted to OneCause in 2020 and it has been a game changer. The ease of uploading and the broadening of our existing base of supporters through posting online has made an impact in our revenue. The ease of collecting payments is so important and has caused much less stress.

Cons

The photo quality, size, and ability to add multiple photos could be better. It's a little tricky to navigate initially, but the customer service is great! The check-in at live event wasn't smooth and the ability to swipe a card would be so much easier.

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review, Natalie. We love hearing how helpful our support team was to your fundraising experience. Grateful to partner with your organization!

LW

Lily W.

One Cause Review

Pros

Reporting, auction and guest management

Cons

Would like to see enhanced training videos

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback, Lily. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the reporting and auction capabilities of our software. It is from reviews like this that we can continue to enhance our product.

EA

Elizabeth A.

Overall, a good platform

Overall, it is good. My one suggestion would be to change the look of the different help articles. I spent hours reading and learning about features that did not apply to me. I only learned that they did not apply to me by calling the customer service line.

Pros

I like that it is very easy for our event attendees to use. We rarely run into issues with them.

Cons

The ticketing process is confusing for sponsor tables and it does not have enough functionality to fit our needs.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback, Elizabeth. It is through reviews like yours that we can continue to enhance our product. We are so glad to hear that our software provides an easy experience for your donors.

Teri J.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Best Auction Software!

This has been wonderful for me! I am a one person event staff and the back end of the software helps to streamline so much! It has saved me hundreds of hours through the years! I tell everyone to use this software. It has made my life so much easier!

Pros

I have been using OneCause/BidPal for almost three years now. The software is easy to set up. The help center has everything you need to make the most of your software! It's easy to learn both on the administrator side and also on the side of the attendee! I work with many volunteers to organize events and love that this is simple and software that I can grant the hands on people access to help with some management functions.

Cons

We use Blackbaud Raiser's Edge for donor management. I am still working on integrating these two applications. I've recently learned there are some third-party programs that can help with this and will be looking into this more.

Thrilled to be able to help you with your fundraising, Teri! Your dedication is inspiring.

AT

Angela T.

Nanotechnology, 1-10 employees

Feedback

Overall, great product! Contacting our supporters with text messaging is amazing and setting up multiple fundraisers has been fantastic. It's easy to use once we understand it.

Pros

Fundraising features, text feature is amazing and exports

Cons

Customer support the day of event was difficult to get in touch with which caused much anxiety. Would be helpful if one person was connect with us the evening of and we had direct phone number.

EW

Emily W.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Events USe

Great! I plan to continue using for future events, even once the pandemic has eased up to allow in person events again.

Pros

Setting up the Giving Center is easy to navigate. When needing help, the customer service representatives were always helpful.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility within the scoreboards.

Thrilled to be able to continue fundraising with you both virtually and in-person, Emily! Thanks for your review.

JL

Jason L.

Jason's Review

We really like using the platform for our registration and auction purposes.

Pros

Easy to use. Built in reports that are easy to pull.

Cons

It is a bit challenging to identify which charges are for which deposits to turn into accounting. It would be easier if there were batched weekly deposits vs individual deposits.

We are so happy to hear that our product's reporting functionality was so impactful for your experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us this feedback, Jason. Glad to be working with your organization!

DG

Dara G.

Used other for less than 6 months

Couldn't be happier with the product if I tried

Your customer service is outstanding. Every time I ask a question I get a response immediately. That has been more than helpful when all of this technology is new and a bit scary to use.

Pros

I think your product is set up in a rather intuitive manner. I had someone else use it for another event we were involved in and they were able to utilize the software without any formal training. You all checked her work to see if it was set up correctly and it was. I love the ease of the mobile texting and the reports at the end.

Cons

At this point I would like to see a thermometer for fundraising versus the names that stay up until the next person donates. It is just ok piece. I would love to see the names on a continues scroll on the side of the thermometer.

We're happy you're so happy, Dara. Thanks for fundraising with us!

LD

Lisa D.

Great For Our Event

Very positive results. Appreciated the reduced event cost this year. Loved the virtual help day-of.

Pros

We were able to integrate our silent auction, live auction, spirit pull and raffle ticket sales into one platform. It was great knowing that we could easily run all cc payments at the end of the event and quickly id any o/s issues.

Cons

I am new to this position and new to OneCause software. I did not find it to be very intuitive. Once I learned "which buttons to push" it was great. Getting there wasn't as easy as learning my new i-Phone:-)

Love hearing you could utilize our virtual event services to help you raise more, Lisa! Fundraise on!

MM

Marisa M.

Fund-Raising, 5,001-10,000 employees

User friendly and easy to manage

I have had a very positive relationship with OneCause throughout my career. While I don't think the staff is as hands on as they were in the past, overall I am happy with the service and will continue to use their platform.

Pros

The backend is very easy to see and the data is easy to understand.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to capture more information about our donors. At the end of every event, we are always missing emails or other important data.

Thank you so much for leaving us this review. We love hearing how easy it is for you to understand the software. Grateful we get to partner with your cause.

AW

Alex W.

I have had a great experience with OneCause (BidPal) for the past two years I have used the software

Pros

I think the customer service is great with OneCause. I have specific people assigned to help me but if it is out of normal business hours I can call the support line and they will help walk me through any process. I also really like the mobile bidding feature, this has become 1st hand to all of our donors and really make the process easier for everyone.

ML

Mackenzie L.

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Bidpal was helpful and a good resource for our fundraising

Great accurate reports, helpful service as we are approaching our event and a quick and accurate representation of how our event went

Pros

The import feature when it comes to importing our donations, attendees and donors. It's really simple and the customer service is helpful when it comes to answering questions. It's helpful to know what features are out there that we might not be currently using that would be helpful to us and they do a good job of explaining the new things and taking feedback directly to the developer to make improvements.

Cons

It's confusing to me who is my direct contact with bidpal sometimes. I worked with Sherilyn pre-event and at the event but received communication from several different people related to bidpal and feedback, event details etc. that I found to be confusing. It would be helpful to just work with one person consistently rather than getting various forms of communication from different people.

AJ

Amanda J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

OneCause - a great solution

Pros

OneCause is an easy software to use for events and P2P giving. Their customer service is amazing and extremely helpful. When you offer suggestions, they actually listen and try to implement! Having used competitor products, I would hands down pick OneCause over any of those.

Cons

There isn't anything I really least like about it.

Amanda, We love being able to support your P2P fundraising and appreciate the helpful input from our users so we can continue to provide the best possible solutions. Thank you for your note, #FearlessFundraiser!

AT

Alexis T.

Used other for 2+ years

OneCause is key to our event giving

Overall, the customer service team and designated rep are very responsive and helpful.

Pros

Love having an event manager and key rep to get us set-up prior to our event. The platform is pretty easy to use and is generally intuitive.

Cons

When integrating the ticket function into our event and using OneCause as a registration platform in addition to a silent auction/donate feature, payments for auction items automatically synced with outstanding tickets/tables that were entered as pledges.

Our Event Managers are game changers! So glad you got to utilize this tool to help you raise more, Alexis!