MIE Trak Pro Logo

ERP software for manufacturing businesses

MIE Trak Pro Reviews

Suggested alternatives

netsuite
fishbowl
mrpeasy

Very happy with the system. Support is excellent and the support staff very knowledgeable and responsive in UK.
The support has been great. Our ability to customize the software to fit our business needs is one of the great features of the software.
I love the immediacy of the help when I need it. We love that all aspects of our business integrate so well in one place; from accounting to production, to shipping and invoicing.
We do have error messages that come up periodically you either have to try again or exit out and try again.
The errors in the new builds that are realized after performing the upgrade. More testing should be done by MIE prior to releasing the new build.
No software application will do everything you need right out of the box. You need to find a vendor that will work with you to squeeze every ounce of productivity from of that software.

LW

Laura W.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Overall Great Program

Wonderful ability to track an order from PO to Receiving all the way down to payment of invoice. Love it!

Pros

I personally came from a company that used a different program and switching from the other program to Mie Trak Pro, to me, was an easy change over. I few things I had to teach myself because I made the switch over and the prior employee had not learned exactly how to use this program. My favorite and top "Like" would be the ability to post and if you find a mistake, all you have to do is go back and un-post, correct your mistake and repost again. No crediting out your whole mistake and re--doing the whole process again.

Cons

I'm sure I just haven't figured them all out yet, but I would like better search options with a little more detail in what your result it. Maybe even the ability to control which columns you want to include in your search. But, like I said. I made need more time with the program.

Laura, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are getting great use of MIE Trak Pro at Herman Reeves. We also appreciate all suggestions for features and functionality that would improve your user experience. I will pass this information along to our internal development team. If there is anything else you need our help with, please contact me or our support team any time! Best, Scott Pierson, COO

AD

Andrew D.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Great ERP Solution for small or large operations.

We've been a Mie Trak user since 1996. Their product has helped grow our business and is the cornerstone of our office and ERP. They've made strides to continue servicing the client's needs and can handle almost any business I believe. The software is very well done.

Pros

I like Mie Trak's continuity throughout the software. Everything ties together nicely and is very easy to interact with from window to window. The supplemental features like EDI, mobile warehouse, Quickbooks, Auto-Emailing features, and automated backups help make this worth the investment.

Cons

My biggest challenge is keeping with the updates. Sometimes there are features implemented in the update that we do not like or use. This software is built for a lot of companies so inevitably there will be things that do not suite our operation. Then on the flip side, there may be a feature we really like or need, while minor, does not get implemented. It could get implemented, but it could take 5-6 months or longer depending on the scope.

DL

David L.

Mining & Metals,

Mie Trak Pro Review

Pros

The experience with Mie Trak Pro has been very positive. It has a great amount of functionality than many other ERP softwares cant do. Well built for sheet metal fabricators. We like their ability to respond to issues and customizations

Cons

Lack of sound documentation when setting up for the first time.

GH

Garrett H.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Best Decision We Made in Software!

The overall experience with MIE Trak Pro is excellent. The software is very powerful and fast. The implementation went smooth with their people helping us the entire way. We use all of the system from quoting to accounting. The customer service and support has been outstanding.

Pros

We like the flexibility MIE Trak offers in reports and quick views.

Cons

There are some bugs from time to time, but they offer updates several times per year.

KW

Kyle W.

Maritime, 51-200 employees

MIE Trak Review

Pros

MIE Trak has continually met and exceeded our expectations. Their team really takes the time to learn your business. If they don't have a standard feature that will accomplish the tasks they have been quick to develop a solution. The flexibility and customization of the system was a major improvement from our last system. MIE Trak's customer service is top notch!

Cons

We are excited to see the future development of a CRM add on for MIE Trak.

HT

Hoa T.

MIE Trak PRO - HFI

MieTRAK PRO is the complete software for the sheet metal industry. Upgrading from MieTrak 32 was the best thing that I encountered since I was a little hesitant to with new software.

Pros

It's very user friendly. It allows you to customize to fit your need. Critical information is a couple keystroke away.Can be exported to Excel for further analysis.

Cons

Annual service contractQuite expensive for adding additional user.

Hoa, Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. We appreciate your feedback immensely and are glad to hear that your transition from 32 to Pro went smoothly and you are happy with it. As for the pricing of support and additional users, we are always considering ways to offer competitive and affordable pricing for our services. If you feel that you are not receiving the full benefit of our services, please contact me and I'd be happy to discuss opportunities for training and additional support. Thank you again for your review! Best, Scott Pierson, COO

AT

Angela T.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

The software has work well and provides all our need.

A Reliable Software. Have not encounter any problems.

Pros

It Provides us with many great reports. If you knew what you wanted to keep an eye on your business, like employee Efficiency, Costing Report, Production Schedules, Machine maintenance, Request for Quote Report (to measure the success on each quote) Sales /Revenue Report then you could design all these reports for it -under “Quick View” Great BOM features- Enable you to drill down to difference level of BOM -anyone who is a Cost Accountant would love this feature.

Cons

As we are in Australia, we are not able to reach the support teams on the same day due to time difference, but we always received quick responded answer in the following morning.The system can be overwhelming for a new employee/starter as it has many features with difference functions and levels.

SD

Sonja D.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Software Review By Davidson Enterprises, Inc.

Overall Mie Trak Pro has helped our manufacturing business become more transparent with day to day transactions. This in turn allows us to spend more time concentrating on increasing business instead of trying to constantly keep it organized and guessing where we are with production and materials. The software has helped us tremendously.

Pros

I like. and depend on the visibility of each transaction that takes place. I can see which user made which transaction and when that user made the transaction

Cons

I don't like that I have reconciliation issues at times. Sometimes my entries "disappear" and I have to call tech support to retrieve them for me. On a good note though, the tech support is great and is always able to fix the issue

KS

Kurt S.

MIE Trak Review: Prismier

Pros

1)Your team's commitment to providing the tools and support necessary for our successful implementation, Mie Trak has an excellent support team in place. 2) For our use in manufacturing the Automatic and coherent workflow from one department/function to another, ensures a smooth transition and quicker completion of processes. This also ensures that all the inter-departmental activities are properly tracked.

Cons

"Myself : Creating custom Forms and Reports, difficulty finding the appropriate fields for data needed -- Field name in database is sometime different the field title that shows in module which can be tricky trying to find. Note: There are a couple of Modules we are not using: a. Invoices: ( we use QuickBooks) b. Quality Control: ( we have purchased -Unit-Point - integrated with MieTrak - our Quality Director can answer specifics regarding this if needed. c. CRM ( we have purchased our CRM Sales pipeline - which is integrated into outlook)

JD

Jennifer D.

Semiconductors, 51-200 employees

Great ERP product - handles every need.

We are able to go through every step of the project with MIE Trak Pro - from Estimating to Invoicing and the data communicates seamlessly from Estimating to purchasing, from purchasing to receiving, from shipping to invoicing, and etc. Our guys even clock in and out on MIE Trak Pro so I can download straight to payroll. Job costing and all kinds of other reporting is super easy.

Pros

Every feature is inter-linked seamlessly, there is no separate modules that you need to perform some sync feature on to communicate with another feature, it's just all there wherever you are.

Cons

It would be nice if we could just highlight specific lines or cells (like in a spreadsheet program) and copy them without needing to copy the entire report that Mietrak generates. However, it is super simple to copy the entire report and paste in Excel, where I can then do what I want with it.

WD

William David H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

From start to finish

We have use MIE Solutions since 1997. It was implemented in stages. The MIE Solutions team has always been there for support, weather it be questions on the phone or logging into your system remotely and helping with training or problems.

Pros

We have used there product since 1997.It takes the product from quoting to order entry , work order,scheduling, purchasing material, outside process,inspection, shipping and invoicing.Job history and time tracking

Cons

There is not really anything that sticks out.

August R.

Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

Straightforward useful and highly customizable

MIE Trak enables exceptional real-time KPI tracking so I can see the data almost any way I can imagine!

Pros

The interactive abilities of MIE Trak are immediately better than most competitive products. The ability to develop critical queries and dashboards to run the business make this product my go to for ERP!

Cons

Wish we could have implemented more faster. It's hard to figure out exactly what you need until you've run into a wall. Usually those can be fixed pretty quickly.

MM

Mary M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Great value with many options and features

Great value, I spent a lot of time researching the various options out there, and this still is the best value product I've found.

Pros

Great integration between various modules; transitioning from quote to sales order to work order to invoicing is very smooth. Customer support is great, usually same day - at least within 24 hours. If a change in the system can help you use the system more efficiently, they will consider it for the next update and try to make it happen. You can pick and choose which modules you use and it integrates well with Quickbooks.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to train team members, especially those who aren't as experienced with computers and databases. Some features don't work as well if you have higher volume production runs, and if your materials are slit coil material or wire, but this can be worked around.

SM

Sarmad M.

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Weldflow Metal Products Experience of MIE Trak

Weldflow is a sheet metal is a contract manufacturing facility in Ontario, Canada. We are a small company and was not sure of ERP software available for sheet metal environment. It has been a very intuitive experience with this software as it caters for almost all nuances of our operation.

Pros

We are using MIETrak version 11 and has it with us for last 4 years. The product has the flexibility to use different modules. Though the software has accounting capabilities and interfaces with Quickbooks, however, we only link it to download our vendors and customers and chart of accounts.The vendor has a very responsive technical support system and whenever there has been issues or items that we do not understand there has been technical support available to resolve an issue on hand for that time.

MS

Mark S.

Tigmasters Review of MIE Trak

We have been using MIEtrak for over 20 years and we are still finding new ways to utilize the software in our business. The product has streamlined quoting and job tracking. We can give our customers quotes in minutes or an instant response when they need progress reports. It has also made us able to find old project info within minutes, even jobs from 15 years ago. We utilize the product in our Sales, Billing, Engineering, Shipping and Accounting offices. It ties in all aspects of our business and has helped us become the place we are today.

Pros

Very knowledgeable staff. They always can solve our problems and answer questions.

Cons

We are in Michigan and they are in California. This time difference has caused us to have some increased time waiting for support. Although, recently we have been noticing them getting back to us much sooner with help.

DT

Dwayne T.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Very satisfied customer

We are now able to keep better track of labor cost, inventory, time keeping, and overall profitability of the business.

Pros

The ability to track every aspect of the business and the ability to easily customize reports to our specific needs. This is a very powerful system, but you can use as much or as little of as you need.

Cons

The integration with our existing business process was somewhat of a challenge.

JB

Julie B.

Plastics, 11-50 employees

Excelent Software

I have had Mie Trak for over 9 years now and it keeps our business running smoothly day to day and is easy to use.

Pros

The Software is easy to use in every day running of the business, the support is always there, any questions the team are always willing to help.

Cons

The glitches in the system, Work Centres not working properly but this is due to the way we set it up.

Julie, Thank you for your excellent rating and review of MIE Trak Pro. I hope that our team continues to provide the support and help you require as the years progress. Please contact me if you need anything at all. –Scott Pierson, COO

KK

Keith K.

51-200 employees

Simplicity .

The ability to have everyone at our company working from one system.

Pros

The ability to gather so much information from this software is just remarkable. What took hours before now takes seconds. Without this software we would be just guessing when it comes to scheduling and all other functions to run our business. There is no more guessing and our customers get the true answers based on facts .

Cons

There is not much we like least about the software. Me personally I would like to be able really understand how to make my own quick views without always asking your team for help.

DH

Daniel H.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Excellent Product

Mie trak support team has always been very helpful and good at what they do! as well as their sales team.

Pros

We use this daily for shop scheduling, Inventory management of over 8,000 items. And for shipping/ Invoicing of our products.

Cons

Overall pretty satisfied with this product.

Daniel, thank you for your kind words regarding both MIE Trak Pro and our support and sales teams. We hope that you have continued receiving great support over the past 2 years, since writing this review. If there is anything that I, or our team, can help with, please contact me any time. –Scott Pierson, COO

SE

Steve E.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

MIE ERP software

I have used MIE for many years and have recommended the software to other companies.

Pros

The total control over our business. It answers all the questions needed to be in control.

Cons

Not checking for any issues when updating the software.

Steve- Thank you so much for your feedback and for recommending MIE Trak Pro to others. We truly appreciate your loyalty and support! We are continually striving to fix any issues discovered in the software before releasing updates. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing; we look forward to continuing our partnership with you! -The MIE Solutions Team

JW

Joel W.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

MIE Trak user for 20 years

Pros

All features are important to the overall quality of the parts we fabricate and operation of the company. This software has help us maintain our ISO certification.

Cons

I have zero complaints with MIE Trak Pro

GC

Graziano C.

Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

A great software

Overall, this is a great software, offering amazing value. The MieSolutions team was always available to help with issues and customizing. Compared to other products, it's a great value and would recommend. If I had to choose again, I would surely make this selection again. Recommend the software.

Pros

Low cost. Flexible implementation. Great poeple (Joshua :) and others). Highly functional. Customisable, great functionality.

Cons

Interface can be cluttered. Can use a face lift. Would like to see a fully developped product manual.

tn

travis n.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

The software has allowed us to grow our business and meet the demands of our customers.

Increased sales, true understanding of part cost, and most importantly, TRACK-ABILITY!

Pros

Mie Trak pro has worked with us to better understand what is going on in our shop and allowed us to accurately know where to improve.

Cons

There is so many features it makes us feel we need more work in order to use them all. There could be an ai assistant that will do your job but then again thats what they pay me for.

CS

Christian S.

Plastics, 11-50 employees

Fantastic program

I recommend MIE Trak due to it's ease of use and fluidity. I've had a great experience with MIE, only issues I've had are issues that aren't the programs fault.

Pros

Ease of use, accessories available to make processes all digital, fluidity of the program.

Cons

None that I can think of. There's still a lot of MIE I have yet to explore.

Christian, we appreciate your kind words and hope that you continue having a great experience using MIE Trak Pro! If you need anything, please contact me at any time. –Scott Pierson, COO

AF

Andrea F.

Excellent Experience

We purchased this software about 3 years ago. It is very robust and the service is top notch.

Pros

Three things stand out: Flexibility, Product Evolution, and Service. Not every shop is not the same and MIE Solutions understands that. We have a large customer that has some very unique and complicated billing requirements. MIE Trak Pro is flexible enough to accommodate this non-standard application of its product. Secondly, they are always working to improve their product. They produce quarterly updates that almost always have some new features that are a benefit to our company. And last, but certainly not least is their service. When I place a ticket with customer support they are always handled quickly and thoroughly.

Cons

They could use some improvement on the documentation available on their customer portal. Some of it is outdated and some just don’t go into enough detail to be helpful to experienced users. Fortunately, with their excellent customer service, I am able to open a service ticket and get the information I need.