Neon CRM Logo

Neon CRM Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.55/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I think NeonCRM is a great value for the price. I've also had excellent interactions with their support team, who were very friendly and responsive.
Great tools for managing donor system- love the automatic thank you emails, donation forms, database, reporting, etc. Also love the ease of use with Events and Campaigns.
The software is great and we will continue to use it as we find that it is very helpful for what we are doing.
Customer service was truly horrendous and ultimately drove us off the platform. Pretty unresponsive, no documentation, and then angry and aggressive when we complained.
Fundamentally we struggle daily with reporting and customer service.

Neon CRM users...

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT-logocaret

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Network for Good-logocaret

Network for Good

How would you rate Neon CRM?

Fantastic Cloud Based Donor Management System

Fantastic sales and training reps, very robust product and the people who designed it and work with you know fundraising and the particular needs that come with the field

Pros

I love it's easy to use interface, how linked everything is, the ability to track prospective gifts and how it seamlessly interfaces with our website. Also, that online donations automatically get batched to the user's account.

Cons

there are a few quirks on limitations with reporting and social fundraising but they are totally things you can work with to get creative.

Hi Chelsea, Thanks so much for the kind words! As you probably know, we pride ourselves on knowing nonprofit development inside and out since over 85% of our staff comes from a nonprofit background. You are correct that there are some limitations on reporting and social fundraising, but the benefit of being a cloud-based system is that we are constantly making improvements and we take feature requests very seriously. We're also happy to pull custom reports based on your specific needs. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know! Finally, we'd like to thank Midtown Educational Foundation for joining us at our recent On The Table event. It's always a pleasure to see our nonprofit partners in person! -Your Neon Team

Great for non-profits

We have been very happy with the software.

Pros

It’s user friendly and can handle a multitude of tasks.

Cons

It’s difficult to enter items that are not tax deductible but have varying costs. It doesn’t work well for Silent Auction purchases.

Hi Sheri! Thank you for leaving a review for Neon CRM. Most nonprofits have a lot to do, which is why we prioritize usability and management of many tasks simultaneously. This is great to hear! We have noted your concern about silent auction purchases and have brought this to our product team. We are always looking for ways to improve our products, so we take these reviews very seriously. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.

Headaches Releaved

After 2 nightmarish contracts with two separate inward-/outward-facing database platforms, this was a breath of fresh air. It works right off the rip, the training videos are actually helpful, if you can get through them, and there was no pressure from sales; no contract. They know what they're good at and integrate other systems for things that have better, more specialized products like, Eventbrite, Quickbooks and Mailchimp, and consolidates the data. The whole team can actually use it rather than feeling like data-entry drones.

Pros

The integrations with Eventbrite and Mailchimp allow us to use the best of everything without having to manage lists in every direction or hiring an IT guru. We talked through our existing (and very messy) data with a data rep from the platform. She talked us through how we needed to clean and modify it for this particular system, including recommendations based her knowledge of the different form fields and feature, and then we uploaded it based on the mapping she set up, and were able to easily modify once we had everything ready to go live

Cons

It's not as flashy or designed as well as some others, but it works! The only other issue would be if we wanted to connect organization accounts and contact accounts in the upload. We could have asked for a custom import, or manually connected the accounts, but since the system search includes scanning the org field, we can search for one org and all the contacts who have it listed as their company pop up anyway, which is all we need!

Great Value! Best CRM for the money!

We can track student participation better than ever! Our volunteer, donor and grant support is also tracked in the system which has changed our whole approach to annual fundraising and program implementation.

Pros

Although I have only scratched the surface of its functionality, NEON has been great at doing just about everything I want it to (and when it does not, it is usually a help desk question away). They have great training and help available.

Cons

I would like to integrate NEON into more of our email and social media campaigns, but need time to figure a few things out.

Hi Jared! Thank you for leaving a review for Neon CRM. You can find more training and information about email campaigns here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/article/218528447CampaignEmails. If at any time you want additional support or training, you can find that information here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/.

Easy & Friendly

Pros

What I like the most is the fast, professional and knowledgeable customer service. They're absolutely great and have thought me a lot of things about the software.

Cons

It's hard to tell, but we used to work with PayPal. It was easy to use. I'm not very familiar With NeonPay and I find it hard to understand how it works.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Neon CRM. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with our customer service and software. To learn more about how Neon Pay works, you can read this support article: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/article/360031426294WhatisNeonPay. If you have additional questions, you can always get in touch with support by filling out a support ticket, here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/.

New user and like what I see so far

Pros

They were very helpful on the phone explaining what their software offers and helping me transfer my data. I like that the product is all encompassing for the donor. I like that this product can track donations, track events, and serve as our email newsletter provider also. I also think it is nice that the donor can create their own personal login and manage donations.

Cons

The product does not seem to have all the features I had with previous software. The main item I have not been able to do is to put a listing of all donations from a donor in a letter.

Thanks so much for your wonderful response, Theresa! We here at NeonCRM are extremely excited to be a part of One Heart Family Ministries mission in helping children who are struggling in the foster care system. What an amazing mission! Itemized Donation Token: As the deepest web-based CRM built specifically for nonprofits on the market, we are thrilled that OHFM can take advantage of so much integrated...

Easy to Use!

Pros

The layout is extremely clear and easy to use. I didn't always have time to do the training videos but was able to figure out how to achieve my reports or email campaigns by simply following each screen and through a little trial and error. It's very user-friendly, and you can get to what you need in a few screen selections.

Cons

We can't edit existing accounts via upload without the NeonCRM ID. It would help if they system could give us an option to match records with last names and let us select. Also, when producing reports, it would be great if you could select more than one individual type.

Daphne, thanks so much for your amazing review! We're so happy to have Gala Hispanic Theatre as a NeonCRM partner-client. We just wanted to let you know that you can absolutely choose more than one "Individual Type" on reports. Simply choose either "In Range of" or the "Advanced" selector from the query drop down option and you will be able to add multiple selectors to the query (e.g., equal, not equal,...

It's nice to have all of our donation history in one place

It's fairly easy to use. I think there's always room for improvement.

Pros

I like that everything is one place and that reports are easy to pull. Data entry is easy. System letters and emails are nice.

Cons

I feel that customer service is not always available when needed. An online/instant chat would be REALLY appreciated for the quick questions that sometimes come up. The System Letters and System Emails Condition ranking is very confusing to me, I still struggle with it every time I update our letters.

Thank you for your feedback, Erin! We are planning to update system emails soon, with system letters to follow, and our major focus is making email and letter setup simpler, especially applying conditions and hierarchy.

Disappointing and Financially Irresponsible.

I wouldn't recommend Neon to anyone in fundraising. It is not only the volunteer module that we struggle with. In general we have a more limited capacity for pulling reports. The system tracks memberships and donations and soft credits. If you wanted to take a quick snapshot of all monies that have come into your agency between those fields it doesn't have a place that it's all collected, it's...

Pros

We moved from a large popular fundraising platform and we were excited about the abilities of Neon and how it would help us with donor stewardship. They have some helpful dashboards that are great for quick tracking. The system is large and has some neat capabilities. Some of them being: sent emails tracking, workflows, advanced searches, donation page is great, and having the ability to personalize the system to the user. The account profiles are user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

This is a tough area. Fundamentally we struggle daily with reporting and customer service. We track our volunteers and our donors (often times they are one in the same) and we are unable to pull any data on volunteer hours in a month - it's only tracked in a month period and gives you a lump sum of hours. In general output information to pull data on is limited. Often times when we have questions...

Appears to have good functionality but the proof is in the details.

We chose this software because it appeared to be able to do everything we needed it to. However, when getting into it more fully we consistently run into obstacles.

Pros

Good database function, automated emails, customized reporting.

Cons

We utilize the event module extensively and find that the functionality is difficult. The WYSIWYG feature to build an event page is difficult, you can't build sub pages for an event, no ability to have event add-on items (register for the event and buy a shirt, etc). I've had to add them into the store function and then make all events appear in the store function so that the add-on items would appear...

Hi Shauna, We’re sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced with functionality. We appreciate your feedback and take into account customer suggestions when considering product developments. We will be reaching out directly to further discuss your duplicate management pains and to better understand your event registration items. There are deeper duplicate scans that can be useful,...

Good product for the basics

Seeing all our member interactions in one place is very useful. Reporting and selecting users based on various criteria is fairly good.

Pros

It covers our “bread and butter” features for our nonprofit: membership, fundraising/donations, and basic CRM.

Cons

Some of the other functions are weaker than expected, and could use significant improvements (definitely not near best of breed status). These include email (we continue to use MailChimp), event management (we continue to use EventBrite), and volunteer tracking. We do use the Store functions as our product sales are very limited, but when we open a gift shop we’ll transition to something like Shopify. I feel as long as you don’t expect it to be a “one stop shop” you’ll probably do ok. It’s a good price for the basics, given we are a fairly small non-profit.

Love this software!

Pros

We use Neon for everything! Forms, donations, events, emails, etc. It's not absolutely perfect for any one thing, but it's really great at all those things. For the value and the comprehensiveness, I'd recommend it highly! Plus, the customer service and help center are incredible!! So many resources and extremely quick replies. Very easy to work with.

Cons

Even if there isn't a capability for something I want to do one day, I love that Neon is constantly updating with new features. I know that I can request it and (with enough other people wanting the same thing), they'll be responsive and development solutions. So any cons aren't cons for long.

Transition to a more user friendly product

Pros

What usually took ten steps now takes one or two. The visual aesthetics of the whole program are more friendly, and the automated stock reports are so useful. Overall the system offers more efficiency and takes a lot of stress out of the day.

Cons

We had some issues with importing our data from the previous CRM. Some of our data could not be imported the same way so we have some manual entry. This is a temporary dislike. As we move forward, these will not be an issue. We also expected more expert understanding of the system we were moving from, from Neon. Neon only knew the basics of our old system. We quickly realized we needed an expert to...

On balance, a solid CRM!

Pros

- Customer Service and Tech Support are helpful, responsive, friendly, and have addressed my concerns as well as pointed me to resources and set up extra training to make sure I get the answers I am seeking! - I love the reports functionality! You can customize your own to get whatever info you need, or you can run some of the common ones the system has pre-formatted for you. Super easy and helpful. - Managing and avoiding duplicates is really well addressed in this system. Since switching to Neon, I've been able to quickly address our pre-existing duplicates and to greatly reduce the number of new duplicates being created.

Cons

- The interface can be clunky in certain places (especially editing forms/system letters), and sometimes this leads to a lot of tedious work to make something look the way I need it to. That said, Neon says they're currently working on a fix for this particular issue.

Hi Emma, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on Neon! You really highlighted some of the most useful features within Neon, and of course we always love to hear that our team has made a positive impact! To that end, we are absolutely prioritizing the user experience throughout 2018 as we work to improve the interface and usability of Neon. Keep an eye out, because we're all very excited about what our UX team is team is working on! -Your Neon Team

Very Helpful Software

Pros

It makes searching and pulling reports somewhat simple so that I, a somewhat technologically inept individual, and my board members can pull reports when our Development Coordinator in unavailable. The dashboards are simple and clear. It makes looking at an individuals history easy and help to show relevancy between recents attendance and donations. And they provide VERY HELPFUL webinars!

Cons

It is very time consuming and tedious to watch all the training videos and very expensive to get training. For an organization as small as ours with our low budget that can make it difficult to use NeonCRM to it's fullest potential

Best value for small to medium nonprofit

We've been using Neon for several years and are very happy with it. We're rarely frustrated the way friends at other nonprofits are who use other products (and they way we were with other systems prior to Neon). The

Pros

They are always making improvements, the customer service is stellar, it is very user friendly and easy to figure out.

Cons

Event management for fundraising events is the only part of this product that still needs to be improved.

Thank you for the feedback, Lisa! We're currently working on major updates to Neon events management and expect to have updates to announce later this year!

NeonCRM (Constituent Resource Management) is a keeper

Cultural Council of Indian River County is a very small (2 employee) non-profit with a limited budget. After thorough research, balancing our CRM needs with product cost, we chose Neon. The program is vastly superior to juggling Excel spreadsheets and Word documents. Our everyday management of memberships, donations, fundraising campaigns, and event tickets/reservations has been incredibly facilitated. This robust program is well worth the learning curve!

Pros

Ability to save and reuse report set-ups. Processing of memberships and donations is a breeze with pre-loaded mail merge thank you letters and emails. A generous quantity of data fields built in, plus the ability to add custom fields. Training videos, support website, and the Neon Technical Support Team are top-notch. I was able to initially input all my data using the tutorials and the data moved seamlessly.

Cons

Learning the program is moderately difficult, and to me, does not always seem intuitive. I find the system letter editor a challenge. Not all data fields are available to all report types, so report type must be chosen carefully.

An intuitive platform that helps save time

Working in NeonCRM and working with the NeonCRM team has been absolutely wonderful. While no database or CRM is perfect, Neon checks off more "must have" and "would love to have" boxes than other databases I've worked with, or the database our organization used prior to Neon. Having a small (1.5 person) fundraising shop, it was imperative that we found a database that was intuitive and had features...

Pros

- Easy to use and understand - Amazing support staff - Regular updates to improve the product - Easy to set up with the help of Neon staff - Affordable - Custom reporting features are intuitive

Cons

- The fundraising dashboard isn't as customizable as I would like (i.e. you can feature campaigns, but you can't compare campaigns year over year on the dash) - I wish there was a way to manipulate some of the stock reports to get a better output for what we need

Great for Professional Associations and NonProfits

Give it a try! I think you'll like using Neon.

Pros

My media group uses Neon for registrations and payment functions, memberships, emails about events, and for some accounting/reporting purposes.

Cons

Neon is so robust, I am sure that I may be underutilizing it! But they have great training and support.

Hi Ellen, Thanks for the endorsement! We think they'll like using Neon, too. We completely understand if you haven't had the chance to explore all the functionality available within Neon. If you'd like to schedule a time to go over your Neon usage and find some opportunities to increase your effectiveness, send us an email at clientsuccess@neoncrm.com. We're happy to help! -Your Neon Team

NeonCRM Brings Us to the Next Level!

Pros

NeonCRM is an all-encompassing subscription based program that handles every and anything you would desire. With a real connection to non-profit needs, they have thought of everything! From account records, staff notes, mailing lists and events to a huge knowledge base for support with guides and videos, there is literally nothing you can't do. . . Sound unrealistic? If there is something you think...

Cons

The only thing I don't like about NeonCRM and this is a good thing really, is the reporting system. There are so many base reports for different reporting that it is hard to learn how to produce results you expect from your search criteria. There are guides and videos to address this, it is just hard to find time to learn all that is needed to run a dependable report.

We love Neon CRM!

The service is outstanding and we like all Neon has to offer!

Pros

We needed software that can be used with a screen reader since we have an employee that is legally blind. Neon seemed very user friendly since it can be customized and used for the purposes you need.

Cons

For me, I like all of the features and it is great in so many ways, but it is time consuming to figure out how to configure fields and reports when I have very little time to work with it!

Thank you for the feedback, Jill! We're so glad that our accessibilities features have been helpful for your organization. A big focus for our upcoming product development projects is making use of the CRM simpler for all users. Some improvements we're working on include updating Reports Module navigation and field/list management settings pages.

Art Non-Profit Use

Pros

I find this product relatively easy to use. Most of the key features run smoothly and are clear in their instructions.

Cons

Better social media integrating for data collection re: registrations. The ability to add individual emails from our account database to an email audience without manually inputting their information would also be helpful.

Hi Marissa! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Neon CRM. Your feedback is important to the continued improvement of our products. Thank you for your honesty. Your feedback will be brought back to our product team for future updates.

Software made by people who want your life to be easier

I haven't messed with the membership management side of the software yet, so I can't speak to that and definitely will be exploring that for future clients.

Pros

NeonCRM has great people working there. I have found them to be universally helpful and friendly. Neon integrates with QuickBooks Online - well - and is priced at a point most smaller organizations can probably afford. Plus, they recently launched NeonOne, which doesn't carry a monthly subscription cost. Instead you just pay per donation. The fee is a little steeper than things like PayPal, but to...

Cons

This software is seriously good. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to just about anybody who works in the nonprofit world, if you can handle the per month fee.

From a consultant and user of neon crm

As both a user and as a consultant, I always recommend neon for any client who needs a self-service solution. I have not seen anything in the market that compares to the ability to create an online form for registrations, donations, memberships, constituent access and use. In addition, the modules are all there for running a nonprofit - from the store, to events, to volunteers, there is a module and the cost for all of them is not significant.

Pros

the online forms creation is unmatched. The depth of the product is excellent and the reporting can give you what you need to get the data from the system.

Cons

The volunteer module. You can't delete applications and projects. It is the weakest part of the system.

Top CRM for a Non Profit

I personally reviewed and read reviews of many many CRM's to find what would work for our non-profit, for donor relationship management, events and volunteer management. It was an exhausting search and was narrowed down to three companies. Those three companies did a live demo for our Executive, Administrative and Donor Relations Directors. Even though Neon was up against stiff competition Neon...