8x8 X Series Logo

8x8 X Series

Integrated contact center, voice, chat, video, and APIs

8x8 X Series Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.57/10

Reviews by rating

The seamless integration between the VOIP handsets and mobile app has been great. Call quality has always been clear.
Works great on mobile and desktop. The call quality was overall consistently good and it did integrate with Salesforce.
Obviously a cheap off-shore call center. I tried their support chat last time and it was worse - on hold forever and huge delay between replies while they obviously worked other chats.
Couple times I had a problem with people who called me in. They told me they could not hear me.
Terrible quality for seemingly no reason. Setting up a new phone is a real task when you have centers in other cities/states.

Sabrina C.

Office Admin

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Easy to use, useful tool.

Transcript

Sabrina: My name's Sabrina, I'm an office admin. I give 8x8 X Series four stars. And for more reviews...

Tatyanna B.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very Convenient!

Overall I love 8x8 I truly enjoy the conference calls, the fact I can arrange calls choose the host for other people not only myself! I arrange for my boss to have calls, I receive real time confirmation as to who accepts the invite to join her conference call as well! 8x8 is very convenient, when I hover over an employee's name I am able to tell if they are away, busy , or available. I am also supplied with extension and direct dial. I highly recommend this program, especially for businesses with multiple offices.

Pros

I have caller ID on my computer when a call comes through. It offers the option to video chat. I am able to schedule calls for my director. The calls have the option to be recurring! Super Cool features!

Cons

I do not like that the software rings my computer and my phone simultaneously. There probably is a feature to disable however. I also do not like that when I forward my calls, I do not have a caller Id to know that I am receiving a forwarded call from the office. However, again this could be user error and or my phone's setting. :)

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

reliable UCaaS solution

Overall, 8x8 is a good option especially if you are starting out with a few users and a small team. It has gone better as well over the years.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use daily... it is very user friendly in most days and it was not hard to integrate with CRMs.

Cons

The process of engaging support and how long it takes to get anything resolved. Also, how difficult it is to listen to calls (they have to be live calls before you can barge).

TB

Travis B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

8x8’s technology is mediocre, the call quality poor, and it is significantly priced

Pros

I am a small business owner. I did extensive research into VoIP providers before selecting 8x8 for my business over three years ago. They had reasonable pricing at the time and offered a discount when I joined if I agreed to sign up for a 12-month term.

Cons

Their platform was not intuitive so the setup was painful. Eventually I was able to get the service up and running for my company. Immediately we noticed that the call quality was poor and unreliable. I had signed up to a 12-month term so we tried to make the most of it. As a new small business we were so busy trying to satisfy our customers that we didn’t have time to search for a new VoIP provider...

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

One of the Best!

With 8x8, you can park your car, transfer calls, and have different phones ring based on who is unavailable. These features are fantastic. It would be wonderful to have more alternatives when deciding between a desk phone and a cell phone, such as the ability to silence calls on a cell phone when in the workplace. When making less straightforward requests, it helps to be able to clearly describe what you need and understand how the system operates. On a few occasions, I had to urge that something could be done even though they insisted it couldn't, and then we worked together to find a solution. While I had a positive experience overall, other members of my organization encountered greater support challenges.

Pros

8x8 is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses that don't need outbound dialing methods like predictive, progressive, IVR Blast, etc.The greatest platform to use for IB auto-attendant features is 8x8. It's incredibly great and simple to use to construct call flows. The GUI is quite easy to use.

Cons

At least I have not seen any flaws yet in the product, but I hope this is not something serious that we look for in the near future.

Dallas M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

8x8 works great for an ip phone client

Works well to manage and make calls from my computer, nice that I can connect it to my actual deskphone or just use the internet to make calls all from my work number. The mobile android app was not as easy to use and receive calls on.

Pros

I use the computer app to manage my phone calls and texts from my work number. It works as needed, and it's nice that I can even text from there too.

Cons

I downloaded the app to my phone to make calls from my work number using my cell phone, and when receiving and making calls from there, I had multiple people tell me they couldn't hear me, and then I will hang up and call again using my cell phone's default dialer, and it's better. The mobile app had some other small hangups, ended up deleting it and just using the computer program while at my desk.

Cinthya G.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

This is an amazing dialer software for mid to large size contact centers.

Very pleased with the overall experience, 8x8 is an amazing tool for Contact Center and call-driven interactions, keep in mind you will still need a softphone software to sync it with. I would gladly recommend 8x8 to other users.

Pros

This an optimal tool for many platforms like Salesforce, Zendesk, and many other softphone platforms, it allows multi-way calls and also comes with its own monitoring/Storing platform which is suitable for Quality assurance and overall interaction tracking.

Cons

It can come a little pricey, and, its UI is a little too mechanical compared to other platforms in the market. nonetheless, its capabilities overcompensate for such details.

Bethany T.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

We switched to a new phone system because of flaws in 8x8

Not the worst but not the best phone system

Pros

It has all the functions that are desirable in a phone system. Calls, IMs, faxing, etc. It is a classic phone system that can meet your minimum requirements and the dial-in app for creating meetings works well.

Cons

Our company switched to a new phone system because we would have frequent dropped calls and the IMs would not notify when a message was sent until hours later.

SG

Shelby G.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

8x8 Fair Review

Pros

A simple, and easy system to use 8x8 has been very useful for the business to ensure communications. The system was set up into our polycom telephones systems by our IT team simply and easily.The app and lay out of the system is easy to use.

Cons

The call transfer was not straight forward unless you were trained to do so.

Daniel W.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

8 x 8

Pros

I like 8 x 8 for the fact that it is easy to use. Makes calling people very easy as well as texting very simple. Plus you can keep your privacy and have all the messages in one place.

Cons

This software honestly crashes quite a bit on my Mac set up and can cause some issues with connectivity. I don't know if it is the application that is doing it or the VoiP having issues with it however it does not work 100%.

AA

Aywad A.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

8x8 In Transportation

Pros

8x8 allowed us to make quick calls 24/7 which is important when it comes to the logistics and transportation industry. The software is intuituve and easy to use and the calls always go smoothly with no interference.

Cons

Sometimes the web version of 8x8 woukd not work unless switched to the beta version

KH

Kimberly H.

Law Practice, self-employed

Initial review of 8x8

Thus far my experience has been completely positive. The product is very easy to use. The intuitive menu makes navigating simple, even for luddites like myself. Being able to quickly and easily switch from calling to texting (or do them at the same time) is exactly what I was looking for. The call quality has been better than my prior service, though I have had some static-filled calls. There...

Pros

Everything is in one place, on one dashboard - phone, fax, text messaging, calendaring, web meeting with video and screen sharing. Adding lines with company growth is easy as well.

Cons

It took a few weeks from initial order to the actual installation meeting with tech support BUT there is tech support! I wasn't able to test the texting feature while in the porting process.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Quickly improving to be a solid calling tool

Pros

8x8 checks all the basic boxes. It's easy to use for people who don't want to spend a lot of time getting to know the bells and whistles, but powerful enough to meet the needs to super users. Cross-platform functionality is good and the experience between desktop/mobile has recently been brought into alignment with updates 8x8 has made. The company clearly cares about it's customers too as they are happy to come onsite for training and driving user adoption.

Cons

While the applications have drastically improved, a few small and large things annoy users. First, some of the interface screens still have not been updated to a high-definition visual, resulting in certain screens (like the login screen) leaving the application feeling out-dated and slightly disjointed. Second, and perhaps the biggest concern, is call quality can sometimes suffer, even with an excellent internet connection. If users experience a call breaking up, they are inclined to default back to personal phone lines and bypass 8x8 to ensure a solid call experience. This quickly erodes confidence that 8x8 can deliver a seamless call. To be fair, the call quality has been improving drastically and this issue plagues the mobile app less and less.

Brett S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Pros and Cons

Now that we've ironed out most of the issues we had initially, I like the product and would recommend that people consider it if they are shopping for alternatives.

Pros

I like that I can utilize the IOS application to receive calls business calls to my business number on my personal cell phone. It allows me to leave me desk more frequently.

Cons

The set-up process was a disaster for us. I'm sure there is blame on both ends, but it took our company roughly three months to get all of the kinks worked out.

RW

Ron W.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

How I use 8x8 telephone systems

We had 8x8 and made the mistake of switching vendors. that was 3 month disaster. We came flying back to 8x8.

Pros

Ease of use and prompt follow up serice

Cons

there is no pure answer to that question.

MS

Michael S.

Insurance, self-employed

Great product and service for a great rate!!!

Absolutely fantastic product and customer service is a great. A+++++

Pros

Where do I begin? The system is very easy to navigate, and I love the fact that I can fax documents right from my desktop without printing out paper. The setup was quite simple and when I do have an occasional rare issue, their customer service always exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond to take care of me. It's really a small price to pay for everything I get and I ignore any offers I get from the competitors. I've been using this service for at least 5 years and I'm a customer for life.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I use the basic functions for phone calls, voicemails and faxing and that's about it. This service fits all of my needs.

RM

Rod M.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Poor Customer Service

The product is sound and fair but as stated they have a real problem with support. When things are going well it's great. However, when you have a business phone down, it makes for a nasty experience.

Pros

They can correct the issue once you actually get a person to talk to.

Cons

Connecting to a Rep was beyond challenging. Virtually impossible to talk with someone. They set it up so they send you a message and when they have time .. we'll call you type of service. Totally worthless customer support if that's what they call it. They can do better but only if they really want to gain more customers.

Thank you for your review. We will share this with the team to let them know how we are doing. If you need follow up to a specific case please do not hesitate to send us email on reviews@8x8.com

Tim M.

The sales team was awesome, the phone service itself is a 7 out of 10, Support 0 of 10. Awful

Lots of time lost, ineffective analysis, a poor decision overall.

Pros

It was priced competitively, they allowed us to purchase equipment over a 12 month period. They promised live reporting and analytics.

Cons

The reports never matched. Never. The analytics misses days of data, the request for support is nonexistent. They only tell you someone will get back to you in 48-72 hours. That never happens. We have been a client for more than 18 months. Not one item resolved. The use a call center with people reading scripts, and have zero technology ability to resolve or even answer questions. It is costing our company lot of amount to switch to another company, not considering the man hours to switch. We are so disappointed.

ZP

Zarik P.

Automotive, self-employed

Best system for small business

Never miss a call or voice mail.

Pros

Ability to use phone and cloud base fax system remotely.

Cons

Sometimes the Mobile phone system app does not work properly.

JC

John C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Easy telephone use

The benefits are quite simple. You can have the app downloaded on a device and be mobile while not having to use a cell number. When you want to not take calls (perhaps when business hours are closed), simply log off the app and you have your phone/tablet/laptop/computer back to it's normal self. Easy to use, quite reliable and a must for small businesses.

Pros

It is excellent for small businesses who don't want to have a landline physical phone or who like to move around with their laptop and not run to the phone every time it rings.

Cons

Not particularly outstanding vs other virtual/telephone applications. Occasionally buggy. Relies solely on internet, so if you do not have a reliable connection, it will not be a good primary phone.

SR

Salvatore R.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Extremely easy

Pros

Call centers in three countries… The software is plug-and-play and easy to train new employees on, regardless of their business experience or education

Cons

Would prefer if 8 x 8 had their own cloud storage for recorded calls… Given that memory is so inexpensive now – and that the links would be stored in salesforce but the memory will remain in a cloud space as part of my 8 x 8 relationship

GP

Gaurav P.

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

Lots of Spam calls

Overall experience is good but I think still has to catchup with other products in the maret.

Pros

Good lightweight application works seamlessly on both Apple iPhone and windows laptop along with VOIP.

Cons

Lots of spam calls everyday. Not sure how to get rid of them. I generally keep on mute mode to avoid the incoming calls.

AK

Angela K.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Decent Service, Terrible Customer Service

It's pretty sad when the call center you contact for service can't get in touch with your account rep or his supervisor for over a week.

Pros

Decent service for internet calling. Web application is fairly easy to navigate unless you're looking for customer service or tech support.

Cons

Customer service/tech support department don't communicate with each other and so one doesn't know what the other is doing or has done. Sales Rep/Account Manager is very, very hard to get in touch with but that is who I am always directed to call...

RC

Ronda C.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

Almost there

We are a small, mostly mobile company, so the ability to be seen as a cohesive unit is a great value proposition for us. Be warned to know when your anniversary date on your contract is, they will roll it over without warning and you cannot change it until the anniversary date.

Pros

The option for our associates to work from anywhere and seem to the client like they are at the office is key and is one of the BEST features about this software.

Cons

The setup is relatively easy, but the costs associated are not easily communicated to the business.

MW

Michele W.

Computer Hardware, 201-500 employees

Easy to use!

Pros

This software is very easy to use on my laptop of mobile phone. We collaborate a lot with international offices and 8x8 makes it really easy to call internationally from my phone or laptop. They also send voicemails directly to your email, which is a nice feature for people who work remotely.

Cons

Every once in a while it crashes and I have to restart the app. Also, sometimes it hangs when I try to shutdown my Mac so I have to force-quit to turn my laptop off.

AL

Amber L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Horrible Product

It was terrible and they were more trouble then they were worth.

Pros

There was nothing I liked about this software.

Cons

Tons of issues with callers not being able to hear us but we could hear them, dropped calls, calls being forwarded to cell phones were of horrible sound quality so more often than not, we had to call the caller back directly from cell phone. The customer service is terrible. We were told that the issues we were having were with our phones and that they were too old. Replaced the phones through 8x8 only to have the same exact issue. Then told it was issue with router. Replaced the router and still had same issues. Canceling this service was an absolute nightmare! Beware! I had to escalate call to get to a supervisor to cancel- she ended up giving me her direct number and apologized for issues I was having with customer service to cancel.