Grasshopper Reviews

4.56/5 (214 reviews)

Alexandra Renée

Grasshopper is an Amazing Tool for Entrepreneurs

Reviewed 2015-11-25

We've been using Grasshopper since 2013 and it's been a wonderful tool. You know your software is great when you don't actually spend any time thinking about it and it just works. Support is amazing, but I hardly ever have to use it because we never have any problems. We just opened up our third Grasshopper account for our consulting firm, and other manufacturing company. Our favorite things about Grasshopper is that there are only the flat costs, instead of per user costs. Our business works with many independent professionals, ( ie our dedicated IT person is also a small business owner) and we needed to be able to give people their own extensions so our customers could reach out to them directly, but still under the umbrella and safety of our business. Grasshopper makes it really easy to do that, keeping us professional and our customers satisfied. I would hate to have to pay for 13 extensions, when I really only need 7 users, but with other systems, for every email you add on, you have to pay for that user. You also only pay for what you use or your plan, so you don't have to break the bank. We don't take an excess amount of calls to our office, mostly email, so you only have to spend a little, you really get a lot. You can pay by the minute (which we choose to do based on our fluctuating call patterns) or you can buy a bulk minute plan, which is incredibly competitive in price. The call quality is absolutely amazing, because Grasshopper runs over traditional phone lines and not VOIP. This allows you as a business owner to run a cloud based system, but get all the benefits of landline quality. If you're a business of 1 and want to sound more professional, Grasshopper is the best way to do it. You can set up multiple extensions (press 1 for sales, 2 for support) even if they all forward to the same place. It's also perfect if you're like our business, where you require not a lot of talk time, but several departments and extensions to be able to suit your customer needs because of contractors on your team. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has large contractor teams that work on several projects together regularly and need to delegate some responsibility. Whether you're a solopreneur, a small business, or even a large business, Grasshopper allows you to take your business anywhere, any time, without problems. It's easy, affordable, and get's the job done well. Grasshopper gets it done right. It's incredibly affordable for letting your business have a professional line without breaking the bank and there's never a call quality issue. You can also choose a vanity number which is a huge bonus (100% of my recommendations to others for Grasshopper get a vanity number.) Biggest perks include: *No per user cost - only pay for what you use, or buy a larger plan if you talk a lot *Create a ton of extensions *Mobile App is really helpful - you can dial out using your vanity number *Voicemails delivered to your inbox or listed to them over the mobile app *Call screening (personal favorite, so I can truly decide if I want to take that call or not!) *Time Zone setup for users that are maybe on a different coast then you (we use this currently)

Barry Hurley

Great for small business

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Grasshopper truly helps small business owners with an easy to start service, great options and an overall great quality product. Some features including text based voicemail, encrypted faxes, text messaging, multiple phone services, and more. I would highly recommend this product as a personal user and have enjoyed using this product for over a year.Grasshopper easily allows you to set up an 800 number for small business usage. It synchronizes with any phone very easily and usually takes about 5-10 minutes to begin working. Customers can call, text or fax information to the same number as opposed to having separate extensions which makes it very convenient not only to customers but the client as well. When a person calls you can choose to answer, send to voicemail, and/or check to see who is calling. If you are looking for separate extensions or have multiple employees across the state or nation then Grasshopper can provide service for multiple extensions and you can set up employees with Grasshopper as opposed to providing a business phone.

Anonymous

Grasshopper is perfect for home, on the go and remote work businesses

Reviewed 2018-11-29

As mentioned above, Grasshopper allows me to have the functionality of a full-fledged office phone system using only my cell phone. It was incredibly easy to get started, to set up and to add users later on. Every voicemail is available to listen to in the app itself, or, more conveniently, is emailed directly to me. One great feature Grasshopper offers is receiving faxes. You can use your same phone number with Grasshopper to receive faxes. Any fax that is sent to your number gets emailed to you. Even though faxing is not as common these days, people still use it. Not needing to have a separate fax number is great!I love the fact that I can have a business phone number, with extensions, departments, transferring, voice mail and fax and it all goes straight to my cell phone (or my employees' phones who work remotely). It means that no matter where I am, I can take a call as if I were right in my office and the caller needn't know the difference.

Anonymous

Best small operations phone solution!

Reviewed 2018-04-27

A cost-effective phone system solution for our rag-tag team of entrepreneurs.Grasshopper is so simple to set up and use. I love the phone and desktop (new & amazing) apps. It's so easy to support multiple products/programs through this system and always know how to answer the call, great features, and awesome customer service staff. We've been using this for almost three years now and we still love it. Not having to be tethered to a desk is great, and having a professional-seeming phone system to increase your credibility at the same time is even better!

Rian Ingersoll

Best Virtual Phone!

Reviewed 2018-05-18

I have tried other virtual phone systems, and I am happy I made the switch to Grasshopper. First off, their app, flawless! Never once has the app crashed on me. I have 3 toll-free phone numbers, using the cell app, I can simply change what number I want to call from without revealing my personal number. I was able to upload my own custom recorded auto attendant message and upload VM greetings for each extension. Bringing over my toll free numbers was a breeze, they easily stepped me thru the process. I can transfer calls and put calls on hold while on the phone, a game changer! My favorite feature, is Call Blasting. Where when a caller chooses a specific number, grasshopper will ring multiple phones at once until the call is answered! I am very happy with Grasshopper and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a top notch professional phone system!

Jaron Hall

SO much better than Google Voice.

Reviewed 2018-08-21

Grasshopper has been exactly what I needed. I wanted a company phone number, but I didn't want to carry around a 2nd phone or install a landline like it's 1997. I have virtual administrators who handle my customer service, and I will often need to switch the prioritization of who should receive calls first in the queue. Grasshopper solves all that with some pretty great software. The queue function, voicemail, and SMS alone are great. There are other features too that I haven't even gotten around to setting up yet.

Anonymous

Straightforward, simple, and cost-effective way to juggle and route multiple phone numbers for SMBs.

Reviewed 2018-02-17

We use it to run a "website question" 1-800 phone number that routes to different stores and remote individuals at different times with multiple options for service. It's extremely easy to use and very affordable. You can setup custom phone numbers and create routing between all kinds of phones. It gives the appearance of having a more sophisticated setup than you really do. You can setup holding music, routing rules, voicemail, multiple users, and more between office phone systems, personal cell phones, and everything in-between. You can set hours for each number and routing rules such as order, how many times to ring, and what numbers ring to which numbers.

Dr. Kathy McMahon

It gives me new hope that Customer Service can be excellent!

Reviewed 2017-11-16

I can sign in easily, I can get phone messages by text or voicemail. I can easily set up extensions for multiple people with ease. I can add new phone numbers and search for the numbers I want. There is so much I can easily do with this product, and when I have a question, the customer service goes beyond my wildest dreams for being prompt, and if they can't answer a question, I get a higher level of support immediately. They even offered to refund money on a service I wasn't getting (and thought I was). No haggling. Just reasonable people working overtime to do excellent work.

Matt Abraxas

Good for price but still needs more features

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Overall experience with Grasshopper is good. I've used their service for over 2 years now and I do still consider other options, but always stick with Grasshopper due to their ease of use and competitive price.It's competitively priced and easy to use. As for functionality, it connects with whatever other phone line you have through forwarding and it also sends an email with a voice message recording. It's straight forward and works well.

Anonymous

Why Invest in PBX Hardware?

Reviewed 2019-02-05

We've used Grasshopper for years and dollar for dollar it has been a great investment.Our company made the move away from a PBX VOIP system years ago opting instead for employee cell phones and Grasshopper. It is much more flexible and economical. The administration interface is easy to work with. Each user can have their own extension and there is a directory that works by the spelling of the user's last name. You can also set up a roll sequence for incoming calls.

Katie Sonner

Grasshopper is used in our agency for 24 hour on-call purposes as well as a hub for incoming calls

Reviewed 2018-05-15

As the office manager, the software was able to take the place of giving staff cell phones to use for On-cal purposes and eliminated the need to give out staff phone numbers to people that may abuse the availability of our staff members. I like that voicemails are emailed to users and that they can be listened to from the email. I also like the ease in changing phone numbers that are associated with Extensions as our On-call worker rotates every few weeks.

Anonymous

Easy way to set up a professional business line

Reviewed 2018-06-25

It was easy to set up a business phone line with multiple extensions, and best yet it allows you to have an option to send to another phone number, answer directly, or even send directly to a voicemail - all very helpful.

Charles Lambertz

This has been a game changer for my business

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Freedom, flexibility, accessibility. I appreciate the flexibility this service gives me in being able to have a professional phone service through the cloud which means it is anywhere I am. I like the freedom of always having my phone service readily accessible. I'm able to have staff respond to client's needs throughout the day which frees me to work with clients who are in the office. Being able to schedule which staff will be responsible for taking calls has also created greater efficiencies within our office.

Jennifer Filla

Makes managing a virtual team's phones sound like a fortune 500

Reviewed 2018-12-04

When you call my Grasshopper number, it sounds like it's a fortune 500 company, but really Grasshopper is letting me use the same phone extension, but point it to any number I want. My virtual team can point their extensions to their cell phones. Traveling in Europe? No-one has to know! And getting my voicemail via email is a game-changer. The dashboard for managing everything is easy and intuitive. I can't tell you about customer service - because I've NEVER needed it. Doesn't that just say it all?Lots of great features, but especially being able to manage where and how phone numbers are forwarded - while the customer-facing experience remains seamless.

Janet Calkins, CMRM

It really makes my small business operate so much more smoother. I can take calls remotely.

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Professional image to my customers and those I serve. Transferring phone calls to anyone on my team at any time, or to any phone line I will be working at. Very cool.I like having a professional and high tech phone service, even though my company is very small. My partner and I work from separate home offices, yet we can be connected as if we were in the same office. It gives our small business a great professional image with customers.

Sonia Fragapane

It's a great business system for our needs

Reviewed 2018-07-10

The peace of mind that I can bring my business anywhere I like and not worry about being stuck in the office. The fact that we can send certain phone calls to multiple phone lines for our emergency line is amazing and it takes away from stressing on not missing any important calls. I can also hire someone from their home and just transfer the line, very good options!

Kathy Golly

Positive switch over, love the pricing, good value and wonderful experience overall

Reviewed 2018-05-18

Lowering my phone bill is the first, having my calls follow me wherever I go is a definite plus.Ease of use - once all settings are complete, you can have your office at your fingertips at all hours of the day. Professional way to conduct business while on the go. No complaints about the service and receiving phone calls. Seamless transition.

JudyAnn Lorenz

A clear, uncomplicated tool that works well for me

Reviewed 2018-04-11

It is an economical, efficient system to use. The app with the little grasshopper face is memorable and cute. I like having a transcription of a voice mail (even when it isn't really clear.) Logging in or out is simple to do. Texting is an added tool that is most helpful when people will read a text quicker than listen to a voice message.

Steve Cassidy

Scalable

Reviewed 2018-05-22

Connectivity and being able to granularly get our customers to the exact person they need to speak with. We've been able to scale up with the addition of our new employees and locations. Grasshopper makes it super easy to expand and keep everyone connected and reachable by our customers.

Joe Arbogast

Great package to make a small business look big!

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Ease of telephone use for my customers. Makes us look professional!Grasshopper has really improved over the years, especially with adding the Desktop app. And the ability to have multiple numbers to use in different areas of the business helps. Setting up numbers and recording messages is easy. Professional voice feature is also a nice plus.

Kevin McCarthy

Love it.

Reviewed 2019-02-10

The price for establishing or transferring a toll free or local number is a bargain once you realize that you now have a switchboard that will route your calls to land lines or cell phones. You can create or use one of their professional voices (extra fee) to create you main message and amessage for each of the extensions that you establish. You can also receive and route incoming faxes. Call notifications can be directed to specific email addresses. You can also opt for voicemail transcription delivered via email. Extremely useful and time saving for a small business.Value, flexibility, features, mobile app.

AJ Smith

We got off to a rough start because our phone number showed another business on the caller ID!

Reviewed 2018-07-15

What we like most is that the price is competitive and the calls are more clear than other VOIPs. The dashboard has an easy layout and there is not the delay that some VOIPs have.

beth king

Easy and Reliable

Reviewed 2018-08-15

I have been using this software for about a year and 1/2 and I haven't had any problems or glitches. I had a question about my bill early on and my question to the support team was answered right away. I love how easy it is to get my messages from email and they are saved in case I need to go back and listen or follow up on something. This service has been extremely reliable and it took minutes to set up, including getting 2 new phone numbers, 1 toll free and 1 localThis had all the features I needed and it was easy and fast to set up. The price was reasonable and options for additional services makes it customizable.

Bryan McAnulty

The best choice for an 800 number in a modern small business

Reviewed 2018-07-02

No hardware required, no complex setup. Easy routing of multiple extensions to different employee numbers. Customizable greetings and hold music. Employees can hear the number before accepting the call and choose to send to voicemail.

Earlene Ashbaugh

Reviewed 2018-08-21

My experience is very positive. I liked when they added text messaging. Easy to receive and distinguish calls. They also provided a toll free number and secondary local number. Grasshopper is a software product that distinguishes your personal calls from your business call. I like that I can see customers so I may always accept their call.