Grasshopper Reviews

Pros

We really like Grasshopper. It is perfect for a small business if you need a good phone virtual system and if your employees work remotely this is perfect.

Cynthia L.

This not our first time using VOIP for our business line but Grasshopper overs a fair, competitive rate and one of the best Apps to complement the features of the software.

Aj S.

This system just amazes me with it's features that keep making my job so much easier. Our clients also fax us using this same toll free number and it is delivered right to my inbox; this is amazing.

MARLON N.

Cons

Our major problem has been that twice we have had our phone number mistaken for another company. Two times, two different companies about a year apart.

Aj S.

It was the worst customer service experience I have ever had. So now I have switched to Ooma - should have do so long ago.

Elliott T.

Jose d.

FINALLY - I don't have to give clients my cellphone number

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Julie. I'm an attorney in a law practice, and I gave Grasshopper a rating of...

Grasshopper is a solution for people complaining about land lines

Transcript

An N.: My name is An. I'm a president of a interior design company. I rate this software five. For more...

Full-featured phone system at a reasonable price

My customers are still telling me how impressed they are with the new system. We've had it for just over a year now, and some of the aches and pains of the old system have faded in my mind. Even so, I can tell you it's leaps and bounds above the last system we had. It takes around 10% of the time I used to spend setting up old extensions, and causes almost none of the aggravation and worry I had with the old system.

Pros

It was very easy to set up, even though my company's phone system is pretty complicated. They have great tools that are easy to implement. For example, I change the forwarding for at least one of my extensions several times a day. This process is easy and everything works flawlessly, as does the simultaneous ringing of my cell phone when someone calls my extension. I had some trouble with one number I ported from another provider, and the help desk fixed it within a couple of hours. A few months later, I had problems porting a fax number from an online fax provider, and they fixed it immediately. (The fax feature provided by Grasshopper is excellent, too!) Their prices are very reasonable, and they have taken a great deal of worry off my plate. I am very glad I found this software!

Cons

I can't say I have had any problems with the software that wasn't taken care of immediately by the excellent tech support. I had a little trouble setting up the extensions and recordings, but I had never had anything but an old-fashioned phone system before. Considering my lack of experience, the virtual system was not hard to figure out, and it was well worth it!

The most features for the price

Very positive overall.

Pros

Grasshopper offers business telephone features that you will pay a lot more for with any other provider. You get a phone number, voicemail, unlimited calling, IVR, multiple extensions, and custom call management.

Cons

Lacks advanced call features you might find with other VOIP providers, and because it's a virtual phone service, you still have to use your mobile phone to answer calls. Also, the Android app is a bit buggy and doesn't always notify me when I've missed a call, so I have to open the app to check it.

Tracking across several final mile partners

We use it to track multiple delivery partners for ongoing issues and collaborative efforts.

Pros

I like the ability to get the real time tracking and ongoing delivery information. It functions well for reports as well.

Cons

I didn't love the layout and design when printing PODs. The disclaimers can be a bit blurry sometimes.

Better price, more feature options are out there

If you just need basic phone features, it's fine. If you business grows, you will soon find it too limiting. What disappoints me the most is, Grasshopper doesn't have a way to export or backup your text messages. The rep also claims they delete all of my text messages history immediately after I ported out my numbers. I only ported 2 of my 3 numbers out 5 days ago and i can no longer find the text message history. From the software design stand point, there is certainly no need to delete your customers text message history immediately after they ported their numbers. Also text messages take up negligible amount of storage space. It just doesn't make sense.

Pros

The price is affordable and it's easy to discover this company because their ads are everywhere on google. Among the competitor ads, Grasshopper offers good value and covers all the basic features. But there are other better value system out there, but it will take a while for you to find them because they don't spend nearly as much advertising dollars.

Cons

Grasshopper is definitely a company that puts quite a bit of money on marketing. You find their google ads when you search for VOIP phone solution. I wish they had put the money into feature development instead. I recently switched to TalkRoute because Grasshopper is missing: - Call recording - Multi-level greeting menu

Grasshopper - Efficient Business Phone System

I am very happy with this software because is very friendly and the customer support is always ready to help and solve any issue you can experience. Even though they drive you to the process.

Pros

It is easy to use, customer service is helpful, has a lot of options to set up eg. business hours, vacations, etc.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind. I am very happy with this software.

Costly, But Lots of Features

Overall, I was highly pleased with the quick onboarding process. It took less than 30 minutes to have the app fully set up and my number activated. My business chose to go with Grasshopper primarily because it's a trusted and well-known name in VOIP. Grasshopper has enabled us to have a separate phone number for our business and adds a ton of convenience in that we are able to use it with their app on our smartphones.

Pros

I like that, compared to its competitors, Grasshopper offers a wider variety of useful features. Some of my favorite features are visual voicemail, conference calling, Wi-Fi calling, virtual fax, and business texting. All of those features and more are included in all of their plans at no additional cost.

Cons

There are only two things that I dislike about Grasshopper. The plan pricing is the first on my list. They offer three different plans; I have the cheapest one which costs $29 per month which includes the phone number plus three lines. Second, I dislike that in order to use the Wi-Fi calling feature, you must first disable the Wi-Fi calling feature if you already use it with your cellular plan.

Very Basic; Room for Improvement

Pros

Ultimately this system is very straightforward and easy to use. For a small business, it provides the basic functions I need. I needed a business line so I could keep my personal phone free of business and this served that purpose.

Cons

One of my biggest frustrations is that it does not have a separate contacts function. The phone app requires syncing with my personal phone contacts which is exactly what I did NOT want. I wanted my business contacts completed separated from personal friends and family. Even the desktop app does not allow for that.

Terrible service, run far far away!

Terrible. I wish I had not signed up. Unfortunatley I was conned into picking the year subscription, so big loss of $$. If you really want to try for yourself, DO NOT pick the year subscription. Only throw your money away for a month or 2.

Pros

Only pro is it was fairly quick and easy to get started. Phone calls work okay.

Cons

TERRIBLE customer service. The online settings interface is horribly non-intuitive. Doing something that should be really simple, like setting an away greeting while you are on vacation, cannot be done by yourself. After trying every possible configuration online, you have to contact support. But they make it impossible to find the number to contact support. Then when you do finally find the number, you're transferred or disconnected multiple times. End result is you'll spend an hour or more trying to change something that should take 2-3 minutes.

We use it every day - essential business tool

Easy to adjust and use, we find Grasshopper to be part of our essential tools mix.

Pros

Forwards VM calls to play to your email inbox - an essential tool for any businesses that does not have a large call center or phone system

Cons

Some things seem a little outdated in their user interface but I think that's mostly a UI design thing. I suppose they could redesign but then I'd have to learn where to find things all over again. :)

Good Virtual Office Phone Service

Each of our employees has their own extension, we receive emails for voicemails.

Pros

It's easy to use and we can have our own office number without the actual phones and subscriptions.

Cons

Not very easy to customize and we're pretty much stuck with what we had from the beginning, we haven't changed anything

The Best Virtual Phone System There Is!

My team and myself are very pleased from day one with this system! Its amazing features make our job so much easier; receiving telephone calls from our international clients right from our computer at no cost to them but yet very affordable for us! Calls are also forward to my cellphone when I'm not in office and this is very important for me. This system has for sure help our business grow. We are very satisfied with Grasshopper and look forward keep on taking advantage of this reliable and affordable Virtual Phone System!

Pros

That our clients from the USA and Canada are able to get in touch with us free of cost to them. This is great because majority of our clientele is from the US and Grasshopper is very affordable for us. All calls are forwarded to our land line in Belize or to my cellphone when I'm not in office; love this feature! With the Grasshopper App for windows, calls can be answered from your computer; all you need is a headset. This system just amazes me with it's features that keep making my job so much easier! Our clients also fax us using this same toll free number and it is delivered right to my inbox; this is amazing. This system has really helped increasing our sales.

Cons

My team and myself are very pleased with Grasshopper system, reason why we are still using it for many years. No complaints at all.

Grasshopper is an Amazing Tool for Entrepreneurs

We've been using Grasshopper since 2013 and it's been a wonderful tool. You know your software is great when you don't actually spend any time thinking about it and it just works. Support is amazing, but I hardly ever have to use it because we never have any problems. We just opened up our third Grasshopper account for our consulting firm, and other manufacturing company. Our favorite things about...

Pros

Grasshopper gets it done right. It's incredibly affordable for letting your business have a professional line without breaking the bank and there's never a call quality issue. You can also choose a vanity number which is a huge bonus (100% of my recommendations to others for Grasshopper get a vanity number.) Biggest perks include: *No per user cost - only pay for what you use, or buy a larger plan if you talk a lot *Create a ton of extensions *Mobile App is really helpful - you can dial out using your vanity number *Voicemails delivered to your inbox or listed to them over the mobile app *Call screening (personal favorite, so I can truly decide if I want to take that call or not!) *Time Zone setup for users that are maybe on a different coast then you (we use this currently)

Cons

Lack of integration with CRM. Other CRM tools often an auto dialer that allows you to associate calls with leads and so forth, and I think this would add a lot of value if it were added. Also, no local vanity numbers. Wish regulatory fees were a bit lower but can't do too much about that. Lastly, not really a con, but when you sign up, you need to call and ask them to upgrade you to the advanced user interface. There is no extra cost, but this is the you really need to make your life easier.

Hi there, Thanks so much for leaving such a thorough review! We appreciate your honest feedback, and love having you as a customer. :) - Mary

Great for small business

Grasshopper truly helps small business owners with an easy to start service, great options and an overall great quality product. Some features including text based voicemail, encrypted faxes, text messaging, multiple phone services, and more. I would highly recommend this product as a personal user and have enjoyed using this product for over a year.

Pros

Grasshopper easily allows you to set up an 800 number for small business usage. It synchronizes with any phone very easily and usually takes about 5-10 minutes to begin working. Customers can call, text or fax information to the same number as opposed to having separate extensions which makes it very convenient not only to customers but the client as well. When a person calls you can choose to answer, send to voicemail, and/or check to see who is calling. If you are looking for separate extensions or have multiple employees across the state or nation then Grasshopper can provide service for multiple extensions and you can set up employees with Grasshopper as opposed to providing a business phone.

Cons

The downside about Grasshopper that I have found is that when a client calls it will automatically pop up as the 800 number you selected. This makes it easy in terms of identifying if someone is calling the business but at the cost of not identifying the customer unless you use the "to see who's calling" option before answering. This is a small issue however and as a personal business owner myself, I deal with multiple clients and customers across the state with frequent new customers whose numbers I wouldn't recognize.

Grasshopper is perfect for home, on the go and remote work businesses

As mentioned above, Grasshopper allows me to have the functionality of a full-fledged office phone system using only my cell phone. It was incredibly easy to get started, to set up and to add users later on. Every voicemail is available to listen to in the app itself, or, more conveniently, is emailed directly to me. One great feature Grasshopper offers is receiving faxes. You can use your same phone number with Grasshopper to receive faxes. Any fax that is sent to your number gets emailed to you. Even though faxing is not as common these days, people still use it. Not needing to have a separate fax number is great!

Pros

I love the fact that I can have a business phone number, with extensions, departments, transferring, voice mail and fax and it all goes straight to my cell phone (or my employees' phones who work remotely). It means that no matter where I am, I can take a call as if I were right in my office and the caller needn't know the difference.

Cons

I know this is going to sound silly, but since it's so easy to get set up and then it just works, the thing that I like least is when I do need to log back into my account to do something, it's usually been so long since I've visited the site that I need to reorient myself with the website and platform. It doesn't take long to figure my way around but rarely having to log in all the time definitely means that I need a little more time when I do log in.

Best small operations phone solution!

A cost-effective phone system solution for our rag-tag team of entrepreneurs.

Pros

Grasshopper is so simple to set up and use. I love the phone and desktop (new & amazing) apps. It's so easy to support multiple products/programs through this system and always know how to answer the call, great features, and awesome customer service staff. We've been using this for almost three years now and we still love it. Not having to be tethered to a desk is great, and having a professional-seeming phone system to increase your credibility at the same time is even better!

Cons

International calling is a bit of a headache and cost, but then again, where isn't it? The browser interface leaves much to be desired, especially if your setup requires the advanced features on the old interface only. The playback of uploaded recordings in the browser version, and recording via the browser options rarely, if ever, work. Uploading only works with MP3, and the quality is always degraded and somewhat difficult to understand.

Best Virtual Phone!

Pros

I have tried other virtual phone systems, and I am happy I made the switch to Grasshopper. First off, their app, flawless! Never once has the app crashed on me. I have 3 toll-free phone numbers, using the cell app, I can simply change what number I want to call from without revealing my personal number. I was able to upload my own custom recorded auto attendant message and upload VM greetings for each...

Cons

On the grasshopper call log, sometimes it errors and logs the wrong phone number that the call came in on. The incoming Caller ID is correct, however the GH Log will show they called Line 2, when I know it was line 1.. Not a big deal, I'm sure they will fix that soon ;-)

We love the title of your review Rian! Thanks for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear Grasshopper has been such an easy switch for you.

SO much better than Google Voice.

Pros

Grasshopper has been exactly what I needed. I wanted a company phone number, but I didn't want to carry around a 2nd phone or install a landline like it's 1997. I have virtual administrators who handle my customer service, and I will often need to switch the prioritization of who should receive calls first in the queue. Grasshopper solves all that with some pretty great software. The queue function, voicemail, and SMS alone are great. There are other features too that I haven't even gotten around to setting up yet.

Cons

Occasionally it has its bugs. The app isn't perfect, it's like maybe a 7/10 in terms of speed and reliability. I often get double notifications for one thing. Sometimes calls don't come through but it can't be replicated, and we recently had some login issues. Overall it's still quite good and I don't intend on switching, but it still has some things to work out before I would preach it to my friends.

Thanks for your review Jaron! We're always working on improving our app. You should start to notice some improvements soon, if you haven't already!

Straightforward, simple, and cost-effective way to juggle and route multiple phone numbers for SMBs.

We use it to run a "website question" 1-800 phone number that routes to different stores and remote individuals at different times with multiple options for service.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and very affordable. You can setup custom phone numbers and create routing between all kinds of phones. It gives the appearance of having a more sophisticated setup than you really do. You can setup holding music, routing rules, voicemail, multiple users, and more between office phone systems, personal cell phones, and everything in-between. You can set hours for each number and routing rules such as order, how many times to ring, and what numbers ring to which numbers.

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do that it doesn't is record calls, and that is a big downside to me. A nice to have feature might be being able to assign calls to specific users. Otherwise, it handles everything I need very well.

Decent product for the price

We have a had a decent experience with it, especially for the price and simplicity.

Pros

Easy to add extensions and voicemails. The app is very easy to use. As the administrator, I am able to see every call and voicemail for the entire company. There is no need for any additional phones or hardware. You just need your cellphone and/or a computer that has mic/headphones.

Cons

About 80% reliable. Sometimes calls are dropped or the app says that I have a voicemail or missed call, but my phone or my employee's phones never rang. Even though there is a wi-fi calling feature it opens the door to all sorts of glitches, so we make sure to never enable that option. The desktop app is decent, but it does not keep you logged in. You have to log in on a regular basis, which can get frustrating.

It gives me new hope that Customer Service can be excellent!

Pros

I can sign in easily, I can get phone messages by text or voicemail. I can easily set up extensions for multiple people with ease. I can add new phone numbers and search for the numbers I want. There is so much I can easily do with this product, and when I have a question, the customer service goes beyond my wildest dreams for being prompt, and if they can't answer a question, I get a higher level of support immediately. They even offered to refund money on a service I wasn't getting (and thought I was). No haggling. Just reasonable people working overtime to do excellent work.

Cons

It would be great to have a lower cost for international return calls. We're an international company and there are additional charges for my Irish therapist returning calls via Grasshopper.

Good for price but still needs more features

Overall experience with Grasshopper is good. I've used their service for over 2 years now and I do still consider other options, but always stick with Grasshopper due to their ease of use and competitive price.

Pros

It's competitively priced and easy to use. As for functionality, it connects with whatever other phone line you have through forwarding and it also sends an email with a voice message recording. It's straight forward and works well.

Cons

The biggest issue is that when a call comes in on the toll-free number, the phone you've got it linked to will show the call as your toll free number rather than whoever is calling. It would be great to simply have a caller ID. Also, it needs texting service. Perhaps a toll free number can't work with texting but in case it can, than Grasshopper needs to get on board with it.

Grasshoper helps entrepreneurs scale their office environment

My overall experience has been great with Grasshopper. Their customer service is awesome and super helpful.

Pros

I love how convenient and professional the platform/service is. They allow you to forward calls, make calls from and have department extensions. The customizable hold music and voicemail is awesome. It really helps startups put the best voice forward facing to their prospects and patrons.

Cons

I wish you could change what comes up on the caller ID when you call from your grasshopper number so that it can be cohesive with your brand.

Why Invest in PBX Hardware?

We've used Grasshopper for years and dollar for dollar it has been a great investment.

Pros

Our company made the move away from a PBX VOIP system years ago opting instead for employee cell phones and Grasshopper. It is much more flexible and economical. The administration interface is easy to work with. Each user can have their own extension and there is a directory that works by the spelling of the user's last name. You can also set up a roll sequence for incoming calls.

Cons

It is really not the product's fault but you have to teach your users about the way voicemail is handled when using a virtual PBX. Messages coming in via the PBX number and extension are routed through Grasshopper while messages coming from a direct call a handled by the cell carrier.

Grasshopper allows our small business to have a professional phone presence and never miss a call.

It's been easy to use and has saved us a lot of money by not having someone to staff a phone when there isn't a need to have a person on site. The cost is very reasonable and it's completely transparent to customers.

Pros

Grasshopper allows us to manage calls with a lot of flexibility. Whether we're at our business or out and about, the customer never knows. We can assign different people to handle different types of calls, we can accept text inquiries, and we can be available for calls whatever hours we want, up to 24/7.

Cons

It can take a little longer that I'd like for customers to get through, since they have to wait for Grasshopper to answer, listen to the greeting, put in an extension, and then wait for the call to forward. This is a minimal issue though in comparison to the alternative.

Easy to use, convenient, and best customer service I've ever experienced

Our main business line and my personal business line are both through Grasshopper, and all of our calls are handled easily and efficiently. Very satisfied with our VOIP, and have no desire to change anytime soon.

Pros

SIMPLE. It's an easy-to-use VOIP that has plenty of features that are helpful and very user-friendly. Voicemail transcripts and auto-text responses make it a breeze to deal with missed calls, and the mobile app is well-designed and functional. My entire staff uses it seamlessly. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH. Every time I call in, they are incredibly professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Response time is excellent. Quite possibly some of the best customer service I've experienced with a software company.

Cons

Only one minor gripe: the current feature for custom call scheduling is a bit dysfunctional, and requires manually setting hours. Would not be so bad, except when I have to do it for 5 employees, it can take a bit of time. A "save call schedule" feature would be extremely useful here, to then just apply to the others.