Zoho Mail Logo

Zoho Mail

Zoho Mail is a secure, encrypted, and enterprise-ready email

Zoho Mail Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.6/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Its great application you can create your company dedicated email accounts, and assign to your company team. Its very good option I like it most.
Zoho is an amazing and super complete email platform, it has a series of useful features and tools for those who work with emails, especially companies.
The limited versions are quite limited. Also, terrible spam filtering (filters known contacts in spam occasionally and not always catching obvious spam).
It cannot be integrated with HubSpot. It’s really disappointing to use it in mobile browser, difficult to read and type.

Anthony R.

Marketing Manager

Sports, 1-10 employees

Mail Made Easy

Transcript

Anthony R.: Hi. I'm Anthony. I'm a digital marketing manager. I give Zoho Mail five stars. And for more...

Torre C.

Owner

Really fantastic alternative to Google Workspace / Professional Gmail

Transcript

Torre C.: My name's Torre. I'm the owner of a web agency, and I give Zoho Mail four out of five stars....

Sreejith V.

Best email solution for Startup

It's an years of trust and still going on! We never had any situation to contact the support for addressing any issue.

Pros

I am using Zoho Mail for years now and there was no issue at all. The mail delivery is good, less spam and can control everything at Control Panel. Easy to use and configure for Admins in terms of management, Security features, multi-domain email hosting, Domain name striping (really good feature), Mobile App with basic management feature, Email Groups, SPAM control etc. We haven't experienced any mail drops or mail reputation issue so far ( 3-4 years). Another advantage with Zoho is the integration with other Zoho App and 3rd party applications.

Cons

Easy to use and easy to configure for admins. It would be good if some more features are added in Zoho Mail Admin mobile app.

Syazwani I.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Good with organizing emails

Zoho Mail is better than my previous email hosting that my domain hosting has provided. There are option to access my mail from my mobile device, which i like very much and can access it from anywhere. There are also a tools to have a quick chat with my contact list.

Pros

Sending and receiving emails with Zoho Mail has never been a problem so far. Adding contact list in bulk is very possible and can work in multiple type of file format like .TXT and excel. Creating a template for my email like footnote and signature is easy and has many option like font style and color to customized it.

Cons

There are limited user that can be add for the domain, and will include more fees to add more user. Adding a domain is not easy as it should be, the MX records is not easily recognized by this software and keep showing error. There are no detailed manual to the problem that I face, and only after seeking support from the customer service the problem is fixed.

WR

Waleed R.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Accessible, user-friendly, and extremely customizable

Pros

Customization options, features available on the free version

Cons

Multiple logins from the same browser is offered by the competitors but Zoho requires logging out of one mailbox to access the second mailbox.

Vansh C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A good option if you use other Zoho apps, but it's not without annoyances.

Features-wise, Zoho Mail does not fall short at all. It has everything you need for an email app. It just doesn't feel as refined as Gmail. Bug fixes and a refreshed, more modern UI will make the product near-perfect.

Pros

What I love about all Zoho products is how seamless the complete experience is. The way all the apps communicate with each other is super convenient. This integration is particularly evident between Zoho Mail and Zoho CRM. It's in the simple things, like how the email contact list is integrated with contacts/leads/deals added in CRM. I also love how when you receive an email, you can see, from the Mail app itself, whether this address is a lead, deal or just contact. It's a nice touch. The UI is also extremely easy to navigate. All buttons are where they're supposed to be, and I appreciate the night mode. It's a boon while working in low light conditions.

Cons

Despite its amazing features, my experience of using Zoho Mail on desktop was extremely sub-par. Everything is just slow; there's no other way to put it. The app itself takes a few seconds extra to load occasionally, but that's just the beginning. Formatting emails is infuriating, to say the least. Uploading images in between text can take minutes (these are compressed photos of less than 1MB) even...

RW

Roger W.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Powerful and Easy to Use Email

This solved my problem with spam control, and more reliable email delivery. Zoho Mail is a powerful, yet easy to use email service that provides a number of features for me as business (and private consumer) user. It offers excellent scalability, making it perfect for businesses with large volumes of email traffic. You can also use Zoho Mail to create and send newsletters, as well as manage your contact lists. The service integrates well with other Zoho applications, making it easy to keep all of your data in one place. I migrated all email accounts from cPanel services, which was an incredible bonus! If you're looking for an affordable and reliable email service for your business, Zoho Mail is definitely worth considering.

Pros

It's easy to scale as business and the number of employees grows. Also it handles large volumes of email very well. Just about the best anti-spam email every used (in my opinion). When needed, it's easy to integrate with other Zoho (and outside third party) applications. Super easy to migrate cPanel based email to this product. Also... It's ridiculously affordable!

Cons

It would be nice if there was a more initiative UI to authenticate custom domain names. It's not difficult, but can be a bit fiddly to do for someone that has no knowledge.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Watch out gmail!

Pros

Very easy to navigate, especially if you are coming from gmail. Sending limits are double what gmail are which is why i use it.

Cons

While integration and ease of use not quite where it needs to be with the competition that is onw thing that i have found has hindered when operating.

Evelyn S.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Great option for work email

Pros

The amount of storage is really generous for the price it offers. It got many collaboration tools and also great security controls to stay safe.

Cons

At the beggining the navigation can be confusing, specially when you come from common mail workspaces. But besides that all the features are great it only needs a little bit of time and use to get used to it.

MO

Md O.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Zoho Mail Suit

Excellent product in low price range. It's email suit is very good. We are using it from past one year.

MS

Mittal S.

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Excellent Product

Pros

Service support and fast work, easy management of data

Cons

I feel everything is working properly, so no need for any dislike.

VG

Valisa G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Great for Nonprofits

Being a nonprofit, we can not afford to spend on what other companies charge for .org email addresses. We are small so using only 4 emails is enough for us.

Pros

Zoho mail is easy to set up, easy to use and navigate.

Cons

It works for what we need it for. We tried other products, but we did not have the time to learn how to work the software properly.

GD

Gary D.

Music, 1-10 employees

Zoho Mail has everything you need in a e-mail server/host.

I have had two other e-mail hosts and Zoho has been the best so far. Their prices are very good, their support is amazing. I have not had any issues since changing over.

Pros

The desktop App and Web app are feature packed and work very well. Zoho has the ability to create application specific password/access for Outlook. Their App actually is better than Outlook on both function and stability.

Cons

Contacts allow you to import from Outlook.com, but no from the Outlook Program. It does allow for importing contact from a CSV file, but I lose some fields.

Lalao R.

Internet, self-employed

An email application for business

I find Zoho Email to be an excellent platform for creating professional emails. It also provides a mobile application that allows me to check my emails, when I am on the go. This is a great solution for me because it allows me to stay on top of my work even when I'm not at my desk.

Pros

I use Zoho mail for my professional email hosting needs. It is secure and encrypted, which guarantees the confidentiality of my exchanges with my collaborators. I adopted it because I really liked the idea of creating email addresses that use my company's domain, which allows my contacts to identify me. This facilitates our exchanges and makes us more productive.

Cons

I have not encountered any particular problem with Zoho Mail, I feel it does the job it is asked to do.

Ashish A.

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Best Email Management and Marketing Solution for Startups with Signature Management

I use Zoho Mail for over ten different websites and am quite satisfied with pricing and privacy. 2FA authentication was important for me, and hence Zoho really helps.

Pros

It's the best tool for Email Management and costs only 1$ per user, which is really cheap with great latency. Zoho used to miss some of the emails during 2013-14, but they significantly improved the quality of service and their DNS servers. Currently, Zoho is anytime better than Outlook Email for Business. I am highly satisfied with customer care which is only a call away for any assistance. They even got android and iOS applications which is a big plus.

Cons

The only possible thing about this software that you might not like is integrating third-party applications. While Zoho CRM is very much vast and covers most of the business needs, there is a great room for improvement in integrations.

CS

Claire S.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Excellent Value

I started using Zoho Mail in 2014 when I wanted to have emails come from my domain name. I have no regrets. It's affordable, comes with many helpful features, and their support is always helpful.

Pros

Ease of use and affordable cost as well as the features. I can schedule emails to go out later. If I don't want to make a template because although sending out multiple emails it's just a one-off situation, I can use the "send as new email" feature. It also has good security. I like that I can sync with Outlook, which took care of the desktop issue for me. That's just part of it. They keep improving.

Cons

When Zoho Mail rolled out their desktop version, I was excited, then disappointed when I realized I had to be online to access it.

NK

Nathan K.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Good for light usage, users should look elsewhere for feature-intensive options

Currently, I am employed full-time in marketing, but also do some consulting and creative strategy work on the side, which is why I needed an email platform to connect with my domain. Because I do not actively prospect my side-business, I don't need a feature-intensive product (like Office 365 or G Suite) and I didn't want to spend much money on the product either. Zoho offers a good compromise when you are looking for a simple hosted e-mail solution. If you are looking for the best integration and office suite, though, you should look towards more expensive options from Google or Microsoft.

Pros

The value of the product is great. And while the e-mail functionality and performance isn't the best, I prefer the layout much better than others I've used. Having access to additional office applications from Zoho could be useful if you needed to separate documents and information for multiple purposes (work, personal, etc.).

Cons

The software isn't the most fluid to use. By this, I mean settings like 2-factor authentication or profiles can be difficult to find. The interface also isn't as well-designed as other e-mail platforms like G-Suite. And, while imap is available for zoho accounts, you are required to pay for it in order to use it. Customer service also isn't the best, but that's about on-par with other technology companies.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great for simple email accounts

I've been using the free version for domain mail for several years now and it has been very reliable, with very few issues. I've only needed support a couple times and was able to get the issues resolved. If their documentation was more clear and everything wasn't so cluttered, I would be more likely to try out their other services as well.

Pros

It is pretty easy to setup a general email account. The app has a nice design and is reliable, which is why I keep it instead of other apps.

Cons

There are too many features and the icons are sometimes so small that they blend in with everything else, so if you don't use it on a regular basis, you can easily get lost in the app. Same goes for the website.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Zoho Mail is Better than Google Mail/Gsuite

My overall experience with Zohomail has been great. I changed over from GoogleMail because I'd receive way to much spam. The interface is easier on the eyes and I can also use it straight from my desktop without having to open up google chrome and go on a separate browser to reach my email. It is now my permanent mailing system. I will also use it to integrate into Zoho CRM for email automation. Zoho mail has done a great job with all its features.

Pros

I like that it's very functional and has a fast loading speed. I like the look of it more than Gmail. It has many cool marketplace add ons that you can integrate into other Zoho applications. Zoho mail is free to use but provides a lot for everyday email users. I've never had any problems with Zoho mail. The customer support is good as well

Cons

What I least liked about this software was not being able to change colours in the calendar through Zoho mail. Not a big issue. I just want to see my calendar clearly with the right colour text while I'm in Zoho mail. Zoho mail I think could also provide more space storage but again not an issue for me as I don't need much storage.

Aris G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Zoho: The Mail King

We base all our direct sales and customer support emails on Zoho Mail because it has a full suite of apps around Mail, it gives us tools to embed some features needed on our ecommerce using the API and also a lot of our customers prefer Zoho Mail more than Roundcube or other Mail providers because of its user friendly interface, deliverability and cool features.

Pros

We have the paid plan and can take advantage the big file size of attachments and the integration of various Zoho applications, such as calendar, notes and scheduled emails that are heavily used by our company employees. The most practical, user friendly and useful feature are the tabs for each action we take. Everything we click is opened on a new tab in the same webpage which help us go back and...

Cons

We would prefer if the paid plans had unlimited users for a single domain, because the domain is owned by the individual user/company and would be fair to be able to use unlimited aliases for a domain. Other than that Zoho Mail is great and this is our personal opinion on this matter!

Benjamin J.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Overall a great email solution but with it's quirks

We switched from an isp hosted email account because after many years the isp could not keep up with the times, were lacking ssl support, storage space was obismally small, and support took days to solve even the smallest issues where I could actually determine what needed to be fixed on their end before they could. Zoho mail has taken all of that off of my plate, allowed me an easy way to manage...

Pros

The value for the money is obvious once you start using the software. Features for even the lowest tier paid plans include white and black lists, spam filtering, mailing lists, custom groups for email accounts, and a plethora of other things. Absolutely worth the measly cost they charge per year. Out of the box you have full control via the admin panel to enable or disable pop or imap, create unlimited...

Cons

One of the most frustrating features of the software is the Streams feature. You can compare this to an email client trying to merge email with their own version of social media. For those looking for a feature such as this it may not be a huge issue for you, however I run IT for approximately 100 users and not a single person wants this feature, the problem being is it comes turned on by default. Shut...

DD

Dakota D.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees

A learning experience that has helped me better understand the managing the finer points of business

I ended up learning a lot about the finer points of running a business. By being able to set up my own FREE email server, I now have my own "place" to host all of my work related emails, organize them to my liking, and further share it with the rest of my employees. With the Streams folders, it makes general communication between employees quick and easy, and moderated for appropriateness. It's an incredibly secure way to build a platform for business related communication, both with customers, and with my own team. Overall, this is one of the programs I accredit my budding success (and sanity) to.

Pros

The amount of internal organization this software has, has propelled the rate at which I'm able to get work done. I absolutely love the way you can filter through your emails based on an almost mind boggling amount of search fields. I especially love the attachment filter, as so many of my emails have pictures and PDFs. Even further, the interface for the server is very legible, and as you click through...

Cons

I first started using Zoho Mail when I was still learning how to write basic HTML and CSS code, and at the time there was a bit of a learning curve for myself when it came to the initial setup of the product. Some of the vocabulary I had yet to learn was throughout the email client, and made it somewhat hard to understand exactly what I was doing. With that being said, Zoho has literally hundreds of resources that are both directly from the company, and from other reliable sources, on how to overcome the "language barrier" and take you through the setup process set by step. So, although there is a learning curve with certain steps, there's still innumerable amounts of resources to help you through the process.

PK

Patrik K.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Was looking for a Gmail and Outlook alternative

Stable and trustworthy!

Pros

It has a FREE version, I can scale it up with more users when needed. As a freelancer, I can set up several email addresses, something that other providers charge extra for. Using the webmail interface, I don't have to worry about backup and which computer I have the email installed on.

Cons

Zoho consists of a lot of different modules, which makes the overview difficult to begin with. It takes some time to get used to and find all the settings.

BH

Brandon H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Free business email has never been this good

Zoho Mail solved two huge problems for us: internal communication and professional company branding in our emails. We needed a platform to facilitate better communication within the company. We chose Zoho to begin with because it was free​ but found that its functionality surpassed what we were hoping for. Before we had been using free services that required us to cram our company name into the sender portion of the email (e.g., joe.mycompany@gmail.com). This looked unprofessional. Since moving to Zoho, all our outgoing emails now look professional​ and uniform with our company website dot com in the domain portion.

Pros

This email service does everything and more than we needed or wanted. It has spam filters (and they work!) You can organize and filter mail to automatically go to predetermined​ folders. You can set up and moderate several accounts for employees. You get to attach your​ own company/website name to the end of the email address (e.g., joe@mycompany.com). And it's totally affordable for small companies. 25 free user accounts and unlimited groups for free! Customer service is great for a free service. I have emailed them to report a problem​ and have received a response within an hour. The longest I had to wait was 24 hours, but it was during a peak season, so I'm not surprised. They are surprisingly​ attentive and timely for a free service.

Cons

It is a bit complicated and involved in regards to setup. Someone with a little knowledge won't have a problem. But if you have trouble setting up a gmail account, you'll definitely need some help with this.

oscar alberto c.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

The most economical option with more options in email

In general, work with zoho is good, despite the points against, the mail of zoho has all the options to be an excellent service provider, the mobile and web versions I think are the best, has multiple options and On the other hand, it offers the free option to host the business mail of your company if you have your own domain, but depending on the domain it can be for 25 accounts or less.

Pros

What I like about zoho mail is that it is an excellent alternative to traditional email providers, it offers you a service without any publicity which is very much appreciated, you have the option to open a personal email with zoho or if you prefer an email business at very competitive prices, zoho interface seems very clean and functional, you can modify it from the configuration, which has many options to change and customize your email, has very practical modes of notifications as it groups you emails electronic devices according to the order of priority given to them, so that they are ordered and ready for the corresponding reading. It has a version for each device that is needed and it really is very practical and the emails arrive instantly.

Cons

What I do not like is that in the free option you do not have the pop and imap options are only available for the payment option so it is impossible to use the zoho client to receive or send your emails to other platforms if you do not make a payment and you subscribe to their service, on the other hand the pc client is quite deficient, it is a web version of reduced proportions, and you can not configure other accounts unless you close the session of the main account.

Esther R.

Information Services, self-employed

By Far the Best Free and Paid-Upgrade Webmail Service for Domains

Zoho Mail's free package allows you to quickly and easily set up domain email hosting and test out their services to see if it's right for you, and for most people (myself included) it ends up working remarkably well. It walks you through all of the steps for setting up the domain and DNS settings, including DKIM and SPF settings that are necessary to ensure delivery of outgoing mail to most servers....

Pros

Easy initial setup, convenient walk-through of DKIM and SPF settings, easy-to-use webmail interface, very-reliable mail delivery

Cons

Limited number of upgrade options, price packages jump quickly

Nadish H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best Business Email Hosting Provider

I used to use Business email hosting from one of the biggest email providers, they were providing it free of cost but then they discontinued their free plan. That was the time when I started to search for some alternative and luckily found Zoho. I was really amazed to see the features of Zoho mail and I quickly switched over to Zoho. As I'm a web developer, mostly my clients ask to setup their business email and rather than using default webmail, I setup Zoho for them. All of my clients are really happy with Zoho as they never faced any difficulty due to Zoho's user friendly user interface. I really appreciate Zoho for providing such wonderful service.

Pros

Well the list will get too long if I address all the features that I like the most, but I'm mentioning some of them here. The top most thing is that Zoho is providing free business email hosting with 5GB quota which is quite enough. The user interface of Zoho mail is just wonderful, loading speed is awesome as I never faced any downtime and loading issues since I started to use Zoho. Zoho keeps adding new features that makes the life pretty much easier i.e their email collaboration feature, integrated calendar, tasks, bookmarks and notes etc.

Cons

I think the only think that I would like to be improved is Zoho's email search filter. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that it's a bit difficult to use email search feature of Zoho.