All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Creately Reviews

Pros

Having a board that is very 'visual' it's been a big help to create charts and mapping of progress on the fly. Super fast and the end product is professional.

Lori S.

Read the full review
The free version was really great for start point with the product, the flexibility was really good and the graphs and diagrams I made were really good.

Read the full review
We found the perfect solution to our business because before Creately we used Microsoft Visio (which is so complicated to use). Also, the learning curve (how to use it) it's really good.

Read the full review

Cons

Ask for help people prefer to start the conversation and then ignore. Customer support is crap and when they don't know what to do they just ignore.

Clara L.

Joseph R.

Read the full review
The big terrible bug happened (5h hours worth of work just disappeared for no reason) , and that is where I discovered that you can not download docs that are bigger than 10MB.

Clara L.

an instinctive and simple to utilize Visual Collaboration stage

Key highlights of Creately Simple to Use Interactive Interface Constant Collaboration for Team Work Expertly Designed Templates to Get Started Fast Broad Shape Set Grouped into Libraries Fare Diagrams as PDF, JPG or PNG Work area Application for Offline Drawing Coordinated Google Image and Icon Finder Search Code Generation to Embed Diagrams to Websites Takes a shot at Windows, Linux and Mac OS Network Browser to Quickly Find Diagrams Capacity to Import Images Single Sign-On Drag and Drop Interface

Pros

Creately is an instinctive and simple to utilize Visual Collaboration stage that is utilized by dispersed groups far and wide to convey all the more successfully. Creately's special and incredible relevant interface is anything but difficult to utilize and it works with the full capacities of a Desktop application. Creately is open anyplace, draw and configuration directly in your program. No downloads...

Cons

I can't think whether anything I didn't care for. Now and then it's extremely hard to import an SVG record Maybe a few highlights to upgrade the look and feel of the outlines. Ongoing joint effort highlights appear to hinder the application a bit The charting interface is structured in light of straightforwardness and accommodation. Shapes are assembled into libraries and just the vital libraries...

The best tool for AWS architecture diagrams

Pros

Having used other tools in the past, I’m think that Creately is the best option in the market to create AWS architecture diagrams. It has most of the icons for AWS services, and is pretty easy to learn to use. One of the main pros is that it focuses on having good drawing tools instead of AWS API integration (like Cloudcraft)

Cons

I have not found any cons about it (at least for our use case)

Save your money for a better app

Creately is a fairly intuitive and easy to use app. And it is quite inexpensive compared to the competition Unfortunately, it is by no means presentation quality at all. Professionally, it would be suicide to present anything that comes out of this app. I purchased Creately for flowcharting and wireframing. I can use it for neither for the following reasons. 1. no rulers or guides. 2. the...

Cons

Hi Marco, Thanks for using Creately and taking the time to leave a review. Although we agree with some of your points some are bit off the mark. I'll try to address them one by one. 1. Agree. Will talk with dev team about adding a ruler. 2. Disagree. As soon as you type the text is center justified. 3. Agree. Will ask the dev team to fix this. 4. Disagree. The start/end scale seems to scaling...

Rapid Updates

Pros

The UI is beautiful. The UX is intuitive. The chart style and elements are highly customisable. I see updates and new features very often.

Cons

There is still some functionality missing (like moving diagrams from one folder to another) and the occasional graphical glitch. However, with the current rate of updates I feel those are coming very soon! I

Great Software for Flowcharting

We used it to allow students to learn how to represent songs and program flows in a flowchart to express and organize their thinking.

Pros

Very easy to use, clean interface, looks user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

A bit laggy when using when there are many blocks and zooming out, the undo function did not work as well as expected.

Super Easy Diagrams and Flowcharts

Creately has made it easy to quickly put together diagrams to show instead of tell - always the best way to make your point when working with a public that has a short attention span.

Pros

Though Creately is easy to use from scratch, the number of templates they have available is fantastic and it is rare to have to start with bare bones. Fabulous template variety.

Cons

No real cons, using the public version, which has limitations for collaboration (limited to 3) it really hasn't been a detriment as this is a tool that is often used by one of us to create a map or process flow that has already been vetted by several collaborators.

Great Features, a lot of space to improve the interface

In general, it's a very quick tool with a lot of possibilities to make charts in a low level when you are in a hurry, but if you think in stethics, maybe you'd prefer another tool. Anyway, it's the more convenient tool in terms of price.

Pros

The chance to use it from Google Drive was amazing to me, because I could group all my deliverables on just one place to be shared with my clients.

Cons

It has several usability issues related of how it connects with Google Drive. Creately it's not able to open a new document on the platform and saved it in Google Drive. That was very umcomfortable.

User Friendly

Pros

Flexible, easy in use and share with others without converting to PDF or print.

Cons

Still struggling with new release, it would be better if changes come with tutorial.

Best collaboration and diagram tool!

Pros

I have used this tool in my organisation for more than 2 years. We used this tool to draw diagrams to support our SRS documents ( Software Requirements Specifications). Mostly we drew flow charts, Entity diagrams, Class diagrams and Mind maps. Easy tool with great support to export your documents in JPEG, PNG or PDF formats. Sharing feature provided our team to collaborate in a single diagram in real time and can able to comment on each shapes.

Cons

They should improve their mobile support. We can view the diagrams only but cannot be able to interact or edit them on the mobile.

Smooth, effective diagramming - Used it for more than 6 years!

Amazing experience. I have managed to impress many a peer and organization leadership with beautiful diagrams created using Creately.

Pros

Creately provides an amazing number of pre-built templates and objects for use. The controls are intuitive and performance of the application is quite fluid. I've used it across teams and alone for a very long time and have always found the end result of my diagramming efforts to be quite beautiful while also effectively getting the message across.

Cons

Creately can sometimes be a bit clunky to handle, but most of these issues have been ironed out over time.

Great software, sometimes has issues

When working, is excellent to integrate into JIRA and Confluence - just draw on the fly. Really like the export to PNG option as it makes sharing so much easier.

Pros

I like the integration into JIRA and Confluence and the stand-alone version - the ease of use of porting drawings from each to another.

Cons

There are issues with the JIRA and Confluence versions where existing drawings refuse to load. Not sure of the problem but it is annoying. Could be an issue with O/S or versioning of host software but really, it is annoying to not be able to trust that it will work. The desktop version running on Adobe Air is also a bit of a problem for me - adds an admin need to make sure the base software is secure and also makes me perceive the effort to be a bit less. Prefer standalone software on the desktop or an enclosed APP rather than something running in another environment.

Highly recommended for businesses and individuals

Creately is highly recommended for businesses and individuals which create a large number of diagrams and flowcharts, since they can create these images quickly and without much effort, using the templates and other tools available.

Pros

Creately has more than 1000 templates, libraries and over 100,000 different examples which can be easily adapted by the user for their requirement. These examples can help the user visualize easily. The software can be used for creating flowcharts, UML and User interface mock ups in different patterns. One of the main advantage of Creately is the provision for collaboration, which allows the user to...

Cons

Cons - payment required, not suitable for those who require it occasionally

User Friendly with lot of options for business diagrams

Completely satisfied with the product. Definitely improving my efficiency at work.

Pros

- User Friendly interface to select the type of diagram you wanted and the ease of use (Drag & Drop). - Not too much on the pocket - Auto Save option which makes you focus only on the business diagram - Amazing customer support

Cons

The latest update (moving away from flash to cloud based solution) has some hiccups. Very rarely the application throws run time error and I need to relaunch it. While this is slightly irritating, the auto save option helps to recover my diagrams as is.

Online flowchart maker.

Create is a very good alternative for desktop flowchart and mind application. The only problem is with its workflow. Workflow is really a strong feature and creating a flow chart is very easy.

Pros

Online diagram making is really good for several reasons and accessing through any device connected through the internet is one of them. The signup process is really very easy with google login. After creating a new flowchart it is very simple to create and with collaboration tool sharing is easy. With an inbuild collaboration tool, any member can update so I don't need to open and update myself, it solves a lot repeating and time-consuming work for me.

Cons

Add document is under the folder and not available from the dashboard? I found this very unusual. No private project so I don't invite too many users to see what is the performance.

We're glad you cut down the repeating and time-consuming tasks using Creately. Add document button appears in any folder where you have the edit access. If you meant the "Recent" documents section we will consider adding a button there as well.

Creately for free and awesome drawings

Very interesting and glad that i found this to simplify the scenarios and work around my software projects.

Pros

Creately is a Free and open license on-line licensed software that can be used very easily for all sorts of diagramming and work flow designing. I have been using creately for more that 4 years for my work and campus work. Highly recommend using creately for simple or advanced diagramming

Cons

Limited options available in the free version was the main blocker for me and the watermarks. But always it is best to proceed with the paid plan as it is totally worth purchasing that.

Economy cost curves made easy

Pros

I really liked being able to graph quickly and make my graphs look really professional. It is also helpful that I can copy and paste them to include new cost curves in the same graph

Cons

2 things, most software like this have unlimited space on a sheet (ie. One Note, Grafio, etc). Creately limits your space and therefore I can't keep all graphs that go with the same subject together. The second thing I don't like is not being able to paste in objects like brackets, etc. Their options are very limited and something as simple as brackets can't be pasted in from a different source.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I'm glad you liked the product :-) . I'll try to address your concerns. The default diagram area is 1500x1500. This is generally enough for most diagram and set this way for optimum scrolling experience. But you can expand the diagram area to 5000x3300 which will probably help you add all your diagram in one area. You can do this via Properties -> Page Size. I'm not sure what you meant by inability to copy and paste brackets. I discussed with our QA team and the initial tests performed fine. It could be a specific object or a diagram type. I'd be happy to look further into this and help you out. You can reply to email or email support@creately.com mentioning your issue. Thanks again for the review.

Great for generating diagrams for publication

I've had a great experience over the past several years with Creately and it's an important tool for my journal article publication development process for describing my tools pipeline, how patients move throughout my study, etc. Also useful for prototyping user interface designs and quickly iterating through various options.

Pros

This is the quickest way to generate great looking, high quality business process (BPMN) diagram images suitable for publication . I've published several diagrams over the past several years that I create with Creately and they look great in print. Usability and ease of use are excellent.

Cons

There's always more complicated diagrams that could be added that I may or may not use, but I wouldn't want to add to the complexity, as its already at the right complexity for my current needs.

Excellent tool for students and tutors alike!

Overall, I thought the software was pretty straight forward to use. Had some great features and as far as I am concerned, got by SWOT analyses, BMCs and VPCs just right. Would recommend it to students and tutors both - at least worth a shot.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create business-related tools here. Specifically, tools such as the Business Model Canvas or a Value Proposition Canvas. I used Creatley as a student and later on recommened this as a tool to my students when I became a tutor. Excellent!

Cons

I think the software should keep students in mind regarding its pricing. Many young students are not able to pay for the paid plans - at least initially. I think providing heavily subsidised student/tutor plans or free month long trials would be a nice. This is something I missed.

the best - but still perfectible

I use creately as it is the only app I know that is complete enough for all kinds of diagrams. Plus it's free <3 There are still some bugs, but there are always workarounds. Overall really great experience

Pros

- number of features - free plan - copy/paste - symbols databases - sticky links between elements - export as image

Cons

- no private project for free plan - bugs with links labels - bugs with copy/paste of large amount of elements - bugs with styling

Great tool but let down by Flash

We were able to use it to create various types of diagrams for IT projects.

Pros

Creately is easy to use and a beginner can start creating useful diagrams within minutes of getting started. There is a ton of variety of shapes and tools, and the diagrams/process flows created will often look better than other competitors.

Cons

- Flash. We had to install adobe flash just for Creately. - No integrated with gapps. Compared to a tool like draw.io, the integration with gapps is really poor. - UI could be improved as well.

My experience in creately

Mostly Im using creately for my educational purposes and some of office workrs. It’s really good tool to use and easy to manage everything on it.

Pros

It’s easy to use for drawing diagrams and providing pre build templates also. Diagram editing features are amazing and easy to learn.

Cons

The canvas area is limited for the larger diagrams, sometimes it says you have to manually save your changes for some problems.

Just what we need

Pros

* It's very easy to develop a diagram chart from the scratch * Import SVG and Google images

Cons

* Sometimes it's really difficult to import a SVG file

Well Worth The Price

As a heavy Visio user I was bit reluctant to try this but was pleasantly surprised. The monthly fee is fair and the desktop price is extremely good when you consider that Visio costs around 300$. Love the usability of the interface. The diagramming area is large and far less cluttered. I like the concept of loading libraries as necessary because not only it saves space but help you find shapes faster. A...

Pros

Easy to use uncluttered interface Image search and icon finder object toolbar that makes diagramming faster automatic adjustments like aligning, text positioning real-time collaboration feature

Cons

Real-time collaboration features seems to slow down the application a bit

Customer support destroyed my exeperience

So creatively is simple, straight forward to use and not expensive. Now beware it bugs a lot so you need to save every minute if you don't want to waste your time. I am working on the creation of a website for an algorithm. So I need one big graph that shows the workflow of my website perfectly. Needless to say, my diagram is big. With such work the online platform bugs a lot so you have to save every...

Pros

Simple, straight forward to use and not expensive

Cons

1) it bugs a lot so you need to save every minute if you don't want to waste your time. 2) Even if you save your work on your desktop as well as on the online platform all your work can disappear. 3) Don't save your doc with the CREATELY template because after 10MB no one can use it or download it on Creately. Ask for help people prefer to start the conversation and then ignore. 3) Customer support is crap and when they don't know what to do they just ignore

Great Product With One Major Flaw

Pros

It does exactly what I need it to do - create org charts. It's easy to use with great functionality, and looks great.

Cons

The save/save as functionality is atrocious. I often lose past work because it'll save a current project over a previous one. When this happens I lose the opportunity to use a past chart as a template that would save me a ton of time. Then I'm forced to do it over again. If this was fixed it would be huge.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.