ManageEngine Endpoint Central Logo

ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Desktop, mobile device & patch management software

ManageEngine Endpoint Central Reviews - Page 3

Best In the business-Desktop Management

Helped to be compliant at audit level & maintain the inventory details.

Pros

Ability to patch all the applications used over the organizations, Software Deployment with Self Service Portal for users,Security Policies & USB Management for security purpose & Most liked feature is Inventory module.

Cons

The Agent communication period of 90 Minutes.

Makes Asset management from the cloud easy!

Overall, Desktop Central allows me to more easily manage patching, software deployment and asset management via the cloud. Desktop Central is a huge improvement over our previous asset management system.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use as this helps with implementing access to our help desk as well. They can easily access machines with remote control access and software deployment.

Cons

I would like to be able to fully customize reboot settings.

ManageEngine DC is an easy to use patch management and computer administration suite.

Pros

ManageEngine was easy to install and update. It's easy to use, feature rich and has a good support as well as an online community and knowledge base. Patching info is current and addresses specific exploits and patches. Program contains tutorial links for training of specific features from within application as well as links to request support, chat with a rep and feature requests.

Cons

Support staff is polite and knowledgeable but can be a little slow to respond during ongoing correspondences

Hello Brian, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and our patch management capabilities, in particular. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Great contented

Pros

I've used Desktop Central in the past so knew my way around this. I find that it's easier to use than others, especially patch management.

Cons

Trial is never long enough, especially having to move from another RMM.

Total control over ALL endpoints

It's a superb product if you are looking to dominate every aspect of endpoint management, both on mobile and desktop hardware!

Pros

ME Desktop Central gives me total control over every device in our organization -- desktop and mobile -- whether in a domain or workgroup, including both Windows, Mac, Android and Linux. Deploy configurations, software and even OSes. Connect remotely to user sessions or command prompt and even Windows registry. Patch management is top notch! Mobile Device Management is second to none (UEM Edition). Works well with the new features included in Windows Endpoint Management Portal (formerly Intune).

Cons

ManageEngine Desktop Central has absolutely zero cons.

Top notch platform and a great value for the money.

Pros

I've used ManageEngine's Desktop Central for over seven years. The quality of the service has improved over and over, deployment is easy, and their tech support will do whatever they can to help resolve any issues. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

Time zone differences with tech support can delay response time.

I like it

Update and Secure PC, and make my life easier troubleshooting the computers

Pros

Control of overall environment, from patch management to deploy OS, this is a good service I can see all the computer on my network and security them installing the patches and also see what user name is using the pc

Cons

not much friendly to use, I can see many options around if you find a better way to make this friendly and easy to use this product is going to be the best

Hello Julian, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. We've worked on our product's user interface to create better visibility and aid in seamless navigation. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Great all in one solutions for ITSM

I treat Desktop Central as another employee in my team, it does the workload of 10 employees.

Pros

Ease of use, cloud deployment, and the ability to remotely administer alot of machines.

Cons

Sometimes agent installation on new machines can be a hassle, but really its generally great

Practical solution for windows updates and software deploy

Pros

ready-made templates provide convenience easy to understand interface software installations are pretty fast ready reports handy remote restart or remote connection features are fine

Cons

dashboard cannot be changed screen transitions are slow filters are not useful

Hello Hakan, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has helped you with securing and managing your endpoints. We're sorry about the unpleasant experience you've had with our dashboard, and filters. Will get this feedback shared across. In the meanwhile, kindly elaborate on the issues that you've been facing with our filters, and your expectations out of an intuitive dashboard. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Desktop Central - Invaluable to us!

100s of users started working from home in the last year due to the pandemic and being able to remote control their desktops to assist has been a real boon to us.

Pros

Software deployment and patching is a breeze! The fact we can use a secure gateway server to connect to home user PCs over the internet is a lifesaver!

Cons

Sometimes tricky to get what we would consider to something simple added to the product. Upgrades can be tricky but support has assisted every time we've had an issue. Unable to use OS deployment due to how it works, but we have InTune and Autopilot for this so it's never been a showstopper for us.

Modules Marketing

They sell a base product and keep on adding the modules which is expensive. Technician license is an unfair purchase. No support on weekends

Pros

Desktop central patch management and Remote control

Cons

License inventory and audit logs , Limitation on license part on OS deployment.

Desktop Central is a great all-rounder at a good price

Very good!

Pros

I was looking originally to improve the patching capability for software on our laptops, which are not connected to a domain. Desktop Central absolutely did that - but it gave me so much more, such as inventory, software reporting, MDM and more functions that I knew I needed but had put onto the longer-term roadmap. With Desktop Central able to cover these things too, I know I'm going to be able to roll them out quickly.

Cons

There is very little to complain about. If I was going to nit-pick, I'd say that the UI might be a little more intuitive than it is. The same is true of the knowledge base - it isn't bad, but it isn't simple. However, UI complexity is the cost of having a highly-featured product, so this is not a big complaint.

Excellent Product

Perfect

Pros

Customer Service is truly amazing they'll get to you in less than a minute which is awesome and this product is absolutely recommended.

Cons

Never had any issues so far a little gui issue which are fixed very promptly.

ManageEngine desktop central

We are managing more then 400 desktop with desktop central. Its vere easy to manage and do any deployment by desktop central.

Pros

Best endpoint management solution Patch management, software deployment, It asset management,desktop configuration are easy to use and fulfill customer requirement.

Cons

Software deployment and patch management are core part of this product

A powerful Tool to manage an Environment

Pros

Manage Engine Desktop central is a very powerful tool more than the traditional Microsoft SCCM, as an organization we now have eyes on our environment and deployment and patching is now efficient and reporting is easy, our interest is fully on the Desktop Central Cloud , remote support is very easy and the connection is very fast and we are able to communicate with our end users through chat, our next manage engine product is Service Desk Plus and AD Manager these tools are powerful and a great value for money

Cons

so far i cannot find a feature that needs improvement as the tool is very efficient

Desktop Central

Patch management. Remote desktop assistance. Hardware and Software inventory. Basic license management.

Pros

For me, the most useful part of the software is patch management. I love how easy and efficiently I can push out updates.

Cons

When patches fail there isn't always details on why, just that it failed. For instance, if a patch fails to download, it says it failed to download but doesn't offer any further explanation other than a link to documentation, which isn't always helpful and I end up creating a support ticket.

ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

Honestly - so far it has been very good. I especially like the various support options available and the extremely fast and timely response to questions even though I have only be using the Trial edition to date.

Pros

Patch management features are excellent and very ease for admin to push updates. I am impressed with the solutions ability to provide up to date easy to read reports on the current status of all managed machines and their security posture.

Cons

I do find myself sometimes looking under the different menu tabs for exactly what I am trying to accomplished. It's not always self evident where a certain feature exists. That said, the product is easy to learn and understand. One thing I have noticed is that some of the training and support videos and web site documentation is out dated where compared to the current software version. Both should be kept in sync so that an updated change in the software is also reflected in the supporting material. The Free UEM Edition Licensing should also allow WAN Agents for a Remote Office and not be limited to a LAN and Distribution Server setup as long as the total number of licenses do not exceed 25.

How Zia can Facilitate everyone's work.

Operating and managing Desktop Central remotely is a luxury that can make things happen at a snap of a finger, I will definitely recommend this product and will be looking for additional features that might come in the future to make it more powerful.

Pros

It is one of the most useful and handful Unified Endpoint Management tools. The compatibility to be used on all operating systems is an advantage, and the ability to apply and remove licenses remotely to all endpoints that are being managed at the company can make work easy for both users and system admins.

Cons

Computer imaging has a lot of capability, but it also has a lot of flaws. The cause of the failure is unknown, but it takes a lot of maintenance to keep it running. There's a lot more this tool can do, but it's important to focus on the process's stability first to ensure that fundamental skills are addressed before adding new features.

ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

Overall, I am a satisfied administrator of this product for my organization.

Pros

Ease of deployment, Ease of patch management

Cons

OS Image creating part is bit difficult.

The products provide a lot of value to organizations, and easily compete with the top vendors.

Pros

There are lots of solutions/modules available to help manage IT from an enterprise perspective. Could value on the small amount of resources needed to operate the solution.

Cons

We encounter ongoing challenges when trying to work with the Sales part of this company. It is very frustrating to deal with sales when trying to buy more than one module. Every module seems to have its own sales team that do not talk to the other sales teams. Worst part of the product.

Hello Wayne, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. Thank you for your feedback on our sales team, and we're happy to inform you that our sales team has scaled up to provide top-notch service. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at cms-eval@manageengine.com. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at desktopcentral-support@manageengine.com.

Non-profit life saver

I've been very happy overall with DC, I've not found anything as fully featured that is available for those on a "nothing" budget

Pros

What is most useful for us as a small charity with a small network are the remote installation, desktop and patch management systems, and because we have less than 25 machines we are able to use this fully features software for FREE. Not only that but the support is fast, friendly and even available to those on the free plan which I think is unprecedented for most SAAS.

Cons

I would say the user interface is a bit clunky at times although it is improving.

Desktop Central has it all.

We use Desktop Central to deploy patches, deploy/remove software, remote connect to remote devices, asset inventory, file management, remote shutdown, etc...Everything about Desktop Central has benefited our company.

Pros

Desktop Central provided us with the ability to replace several different software products that we were using before, and gave us so much more capabilities on top of them. Deploying patches, software, configuration jobs are a must in this day and age, and Desktop Central makes these processes extremely easy.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints about this software. They are always adding more and more functionality.

Great product for managing small/medium size businesses

Pros

All the features I have seen in other products brought together into one. Software deployment is essential and easy.

Cons

Need a better mobile app. Needs to have more functionality when mobile.

ManageEngine Desktop Central - WASA

Great

Pros

Deployment of Applications are made simple Patching is simple and reliable OS Deployment is simple and not complicated like other products Configuration Management options are vast and intuitive

Cons

None, at this moment. The product has ment all our expectations.

Personal opinion

principlay, it helps to solve final users problems

Pros

Deploy software, remote control, announcement

Cons

too many features and few time to applay... unfortunately