Sentry Reviews

4.81/5 (37 reviews)

Milan Wiles

A connection that moves us ahead

Reviewed 2018-05-24

Do you want to have someone who will tell you where you must be responsive in order to improve the quality of your product? Do you want to have a partner who will be able to give you enough data in real time from your others logging tools? With Sentry, you will be able to tag and filter your data so that you get a concise view on the problem and can fix a bug usually in under an hour. I am so glad that in a right time I have got an experience of working with this masterpiece. Literally, Sentry has brought a peace into mind for me. By seeing the complete stack track trace points to a specific change made in production, you will immediately know what to fix on roll back. Moreover, the software gives users the power to help debug errors by giving them automatically prompts for a creation of feedback. In addition, I want to keep your attention to that fact that Sentry is trusted by such enterprises like Dropbox, PayPal, Uber, Microsoft, and others that also means something.

Ariel Childers

Good error tracker and fine helper in development

Reviewed 2018-05-27

Just a great program that will help you to get the work more comfortable. Installation is very easy - the whole process takes about a few minutes. The whole workflow is under your control - you receive emails and messages in chat immediately. Thus, you will find about mistakes earlier than consumers and you can react respectively. The great advantages are that the program works in different environments and with many projects at the same time. Plus the interface is pretty nice and allows to have full overview of projects being undertaken.

Dante Tovar

Innovative solution for your applications

Reviewed 2018-06-27

I'm extremely delighted I started using Sentry. It combines in itself simplicity, a massive amount of monitoring capabilities and also so many various magnificent tools. Thanks to this, you literally forget about bugs and that they can somehow affect the speed of your team. Speaking of speed, perhaps this is another weighty argument in favor of the Sentry. You will not find such speed anywhere. Instant response even with a high system load. With this, you can not be afraid that one of your applications will be crash or hung. This is an absolutely innovative product.

Benjamin Yates

Sentry is awesome software to help me monitor app problems

Reviewed 2018-03-30

It's open source, robust, and built by a great team. Great amount of detail for each error. In addition to the Python and JavaScript client libraries, they have additional libraries that plug right into common development frameworks like Tornado, Django, Angular, etc. We had no visibility into what javascript console errors were happening for our clients. This gave us some of that. We used a self-hosted version and didn't have much trouble installing it. Also has Trello support which is a plus for me.

Argentina Bouchard

Tracking any errors

Reviewed 2018-05-19

Work rapidity can be the first and the main strength of software. All the information that our team ever need is already here. Details that we even don’t think about are here to make our work faster and more productive. It also groups them into accurate categories and provides permalinks to each error for reference. Also, Sentry’s interface is magnificent, light to use and fast. We are using Sentry everyday to help us capture, track, and mitigate issues with our website users. I would definitely use Sentry again and again.

Abram Caballero

A good program for finding errors

Reviewed 2018-03-31

I like that I can easily use several lines of code to customize the program, and it only takes a few minutes. It's very good that the system works fast and I can save my time. The program is easy to install and configure, which is also very important in the work. With this program, I and my team can monitor and correct failures in real time. We can better sort, reproduce and solve errors with great performance.

Anonymous

A must-have in our tool kit

Reviewed 2018-03-24

Sentry has helped us track down countless, countless bugs in our platform before they could have been reported by our users. Thanks to their platform we are instantly made aware when someone has an issue on our API, dashboard, or one of our worker bots fails for an unforeseen reason.

Anonymous

Straightforward to set up and use, crystal clear documentation

Reviewed 2018-06-05

We use Sentry for our website and app alert handling. They have excellent docs to get set up and integrated across a variety of languages, web, and app frameworks. Getting alerts piped into Slack and Pagerduty was super simple.

Maxim Leonovich

Sentry has been a default backend error tracker for years

Reviewed 2018-05-01

We didn't have to configure and support anything for error tracking and alerting, Sentry is really a one-click solution- Very easy to integrate with python projects - Nice UI, trace page has all the context, you may potentially need to debug - Can post exceptions right into Slack

Anonymous

Works brilliantly. Sentry focuses on one thing, that is just great.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Easily handling incoming issues and keep track of which problems are prevalent. Very easy to capture issues for users, and extremely versatile in how to act on these. The biggest strength of Sentry is that it is so well designed for the downstream handling of issues. The ability to ignore issues until they hit a certain number of users as an example.

Amzing exception tracking software

Reviewed 2018-11-13

The number of integrations and the ease of setup is great. Also the amount of data provided for exceptions is very extensive. Its very easy to get to the bottom of what the issue is.

Fernando Hamasaki de Amorim

Great error tracking service, essencial for any software application running 24/7.

Reviewed 2017-12-15

In the Sentry dashboard, we can create and save custom filters that are helpful to use, mainly after a deployment in order to find any errors in our application. The integration is easy, with API clients available in many programming languages.

Anonymous

Finding errors in code has never been easier.

Reviewed 2017-10-06

Error debugging in production.Great UI. Simple SDKs and Integration. Simple API. Open source technology. Extremely useful for debugging issues in production.

Jesse de Boer

Keeps our developers informed about the errors

Reviewed 2018-10-10

One of the best parts is the easy installation of the app, there is almost nothing to do and worked with every integration, front- and back-end. Also, the interface is easy to use.

Fernando Ponciano

Keep track of API and WebApp errors

Reviewed 2018-05-29

Get notified and keep track to quickly solve all system errorsAutomatically it can keep track of all the errors from your system and display very useful information such as user id, user e-mail and other error details that could help you to identify the root cause of the error and help your dev team to solve it quickly. Has a great integration with Slack so you can easily are notified of each error.

Anonymous

Allows me to track errors and fix bugs before they are noticed!

Reviewed 2018-08-07

The sentry plugins mean that I can easily integrate it into my software with a few lines of code, and then forget about it! Errors are sent automatically, and I'm emailed about any errors that come in. I've used sentry on all my projects for years, and it drastically improves the process of finding and fixing bugs. The notifications give me peace of mind that things are running smoothly.

Viktors

Stress-free production deploys, detailed crash reports delivered straight to your Inbox

Reviewed 2014-03-11

It's an absolutely fantastic tool I've installed on several websites I manage. Basically, you add a couple of lines to your Ruby (Sinatra in my case) or Node.js code, and when an exception happens, you're the first person to know about it. Stack traces and complete environment (e.g. HTTP headers) are emailed to you, but the tool is smart enough to email only once for each unique type of error, so your inbox never gets flooded. You can also disable alerts for specific exception types. Sentry integrates nicely with Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, Trello and many other tools, so you don't have to copy all the data about each error manually - the tool will do it for you. Sentry supports JavaScript error reporting right from users' browsers, but last time I tried it I found that it can produce too many exceptions, in particular because error messages are often localized and Sentry doesn't detect that it's the same message, just translated into different languages. The tool is smart enough to remove sensitive data (such as passwords) from error reports - and it allows configuring custom functions to sanitize data before it's sent to Sentry servers. Free plan is usable for sites with few exceptions.

Bontor Sianipar

Easy and very helpful

Reviewed 2017-07-27

I know what happened to my code when there are errors.This software is very easy to use and implement and have complete features compare to the other same type product.

Anonymous

A great tool to understand the health of your app

Reviewed 2018-12-05

I am able to see specifics on the user, the crash, and a lot of other pertinent information that helps me create a more stable app.

Jamie Hewland

Great for catching errors

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Many integrations with popular programming languages. Can host the open-source version locally if you want (but I recommend paying Sentry to manage it for you). Friendly interface.

Anonymous

Very good summary of overall errors as well as specific details of them

Reviewed 2018-08-06

I like how easily I can see errors occurrence as well as having all app's info in same website, I can switch between projects easily. Also how easy is to create issues in Github + plots per application/website

Solid bug catcher

Reviewed 2018-02-23

Helped us keep track of our software bugs.Been using Sentry since they launched as OSS in 2012. Solid tool to catch and keep track of bugs in your software product and usable across frontend + backend and many software languages.

Kevin Chan

Sentry is quite reliable and it has been working quite well for my product.

Reviewed 2017-07-28

Be preempted on errors... fix it before client complaint.Customization, Robustness, Friendly UI, and it works well for my project so far. Because my volume is low (try not to have too many bugs, the service is free for my client).

Jeremy Shore

Great tool!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

It allows me to see errors people are getting, who is getting the error, and where in the code it is happening. Usually the only way I could figure it out was asking what broke, how people did it, and try replicating it.Relatively easy to use and tons of amazing features. I also like the UI a lot. In general the tool is very concise on your issues and there is tons of documentation.

Júlio Souza

Exception tracking on all platforms

Reviewed 2018-09-07

Sentry was a game changer on how we handle errors in our applications. Instead of waiting for user reports, we watch Sentry event panel and act in advance!Sentry is a great exception tracking, which works everywhere, from Java back-end to mobile hybrid apps. It has integration with everything. Their panel has many features and track all relevant data about the environment where the exception occurred.