All categories

ContentStudio Reviews

Pros

The product is great based on how it was marketed and it is a great tool. Used across 3 brands and does this with ease.

An excellent experience with a great community of entrepreneurs and marketers supporting the ecosystem.

Abhik S.

I've been using it for a few years and I keep discovering how great it is again. There have consistently been upgraded and improved since inception when it was pretty great already.

Virginia G.

Cons

Too bad their support is terrible when it does not work right, which is too often.

Steven L.

Stefano D.

No feelings for Facebook available. No german translation available.

Norbert S.

ContentStudio is absolutely worth it!

Transcript

Leah P.: Hi, my name is Leah. I am a founder of a cosmetics company and I give ContentStudio a five out...

Better than I knew!

After an initial disappointing experience a long time ago, I've returned to ContentStudio and am pleased that I have. All of my social media accounts for different brands are now under one virtual roof.

Pros

I was looking for a substitute for Buffer; while I loved the platform, I was reaching the limits of my current subscription tier, and I needed a solution that had as many of Buffer's features as possible, while not being as prohibitively expensive. Enter ContentStudio (CS). I bought a lifetime subscription through AppSumo a few years ago, used it for a while, then abandoned it, probably because at that time it wasn't as feature-rich as it is now. Then I recently remembered I had it, and tried it again. So far, any feature I loved or needed that Buffer had, showed up in CS as I used it.

Cons

Sometimes, it's difficult to come from another platform where you're used to finding things in certain places, and while CS has good onboarding, it wasn't always easy to figure out what I wanted to do. Thankfully, support was very responsive, getting back to me within a couple of hours at most.

A solid platform and a rising star

Overall I'm happy with my weekly use of CS, and recommend it, not only due to their above average features, but also due to their ambitious road map and the team behind.

Pros

I love how ambitious the team is, and how solid and well thought out new features are, when they are rolled out. The CS content planner give you a nice and easy to use overview. While the system has a very strong 'Content Discovery and Insights' feature, it also post to several social channels (9 at the moment if I remember right). Their 'Automation Recipes' module is quite unique and let you find, schedule and post relevant content on autopilot, based on the rules you setup. As any serious tools it is also important that CS include 'approval features', so wrong content don't go online

Cons

As for almost every tool who have entered the market within the last years, Content Studio don't allow direct posting to Instagram. It has nothing to with the tool or the team behind, as they have worked extremely hard to make this happen. IG have simply 'closed the door' temporary, and don't let relative new tools get the needed access to their API. However I know the team continue to work with IG, but also look for any legit alternative. I would love you could post the same posts in more than 1 language (so your followers can read your post in their own language), and as far as I understand, this is already on their road map.

My Go-To Social Media Scheduler

I was fortunate to grab a lifetime deal when they were running one, and I CAN NOT believe the value for money I have received for that low entry price! As I get more experienced I am finding more and more features that save time and blow me away with the quality and functionality.

Pros

It integrates with all the major social media brands out there and is quick to let you know when the 'access token' has run out or is faulty so you can immediately re-connect the two (instead of only finding out ages later that something went wrong and your posts haven't been going out). You can connect your RSS feed to constantly have your blog posts being sent out automatically, and can set a scheduling...

Cons

As a non-tech savvy person it can get quite overwhelming trying to figure out what does what on the dashboard. I know I'm able to loop content (like you would for Pinterest) but I have no idea how to do it and not end up spamming my own account. They could definitely have more tutorials on how to make the product user-friendly for newbies like myself.

Buggy, features not working, slow support services

Pros

The potential. It promises a lot. For the services promised, it should be amazing. It is not.

Cons

feature do not deliver. Couldn't get Twitter analysis, support was very slow to acknowledge, did not correct quickly. There is no easy cancel option to get your money back if you don't like the product. Evergreen is clunky and slow. You're better off writing your own posts and scheduling them on free software. The automatic tools can be confusing and the 'help' videos are their YouTube channel, which makes help hard to find.

Small Business Owner

ContentStudio helps me a lot, considering I am a solopreneur with very little time to build a social media presence on multiple platforms. If it weren't for this software, I would have to work much harder to achieve the same results.

Pros

ContentStudio simplifies my content marketing strategy. I can post to multiple social media channels with a click of a button. I also like their SEO suggestions when I am writing a blog post. Thanks to ContentStudio, I got the hang of writing articles being SEO conscious. And now, many of my blog posts are going really well on Google and other search platforms.

Cons

Sometimes, I notice that the statistics about my social posts are not so precise. But that could be a misconfiguration on my behalf, as I'm still learning how to use all its functionalities. When it comes to answering customers on social media, I notice there's a bit of delay for the messages to show on ContentStudio, so I prefer answering them on Facebook Business Manager.

Secret weapon in your arsenal of content

This is allowed me to generate content on a regular basis for a few of my blogs and also keeps me personally in the loop with new news and updates.

Pros

Content Studio is super intuitive and easy to use. When I first got it I was a bit confused about the power it had, however after using it for over year it is now my go to solution for just about everything. You will love this application if you struggle with getting content daily.

Cons

To be quite frank, I don't have things that I don't like about this. They keep rolling out new features, it's easy for me to use, I love the integrations it has... I kinda struggle to think about a negative drawback from it. :/

Content Studio helps you with your daily posts

Good. They are bringing on new features and improving others so its a product that is in constant development and sees to be future proof which is a big consideration

Pros

It's packed with features that are ideal for curating daily content for myself and my clients. It's easy to use to takes away the hurdle to get the job done

Cons

Still, some integrations missing but generally, it's proved good and easy to set up. Its analytics are not as good as the native apps but hopefully, that will improve

Using ContentStudio is a breeze

It's helping us to work fast, efficient and creative. The planning ahead part I mentioned at the 'pros' point is a real big deal for us!

Pros

- Ease of use and functionality. I'm happy with the softwarae because we are able to plan ahead and do so very effectively - User Interface is beautiful and intuitive

Cons

The related topics for the branches I work for don't have other tranlations but English

By Far the Best Tool for the Job

Posting not only for my own businesses social accounts but that of clients. It is a no brainer in terms of a value add or upsell to my other services.

Pros

I love how easy it is to command such a wide array of social platforms in one place and with such a powerful yet simple interface.

Cons

That I am still not using it to it's fullest potential.

A Solid Platform That is Constantly Improving

I was able to purchase a LTD of ContentStudio, and really got some bang for my buck. But even with the cost of this today, I still consider it a solid option for content management across multiple social platforms.

Pros

Packed with features and functionality, ContentStudio really is a solid platform for anyone looking to get control of their online content and manage their metrics. It's priced well for the feature set, and comes with some solid support if you have any issues.

Cons

For the non-technical, this platform may be a bit overwhelming. Some may say there are too many options and a bit of a learning curve to use it properly. However, I prefer granular control and management over my content.

One Stop Platform to Keep you (or your client's) Social Media Presence

I'm a daily ContentStudio user, and can see their team is really invested in making the best platform for social media management possible. I have found issues, but most have been eventually solved and they keep adding new features and keep their platform updated for ease of usage. From one platform I can search for topics, review them with my team and post them to my different social accounts. I...

Pros

What I liked most is how different tasks can be performed using one platform. I also like the automation and collaboration features included. You can separate account groups by workspaces, and provide access to both your colleagues and clients if you're an agency.

Cons

Small issues crop-up while customizing the platform. For example, working with rss feeds and automations. However they don't impede my daily use of ContentStudio and during my time using this platform some of these issues have been corrected.

lot of great stuff, but..

considering that there is NO perfect tool, I use and recommend ContentStudio, because for my Content Curation needs, it is one of the most versatile and efficient tools. Perhaps the user interface and usability could be improved, because it is not always easy to navigate between the options. That's why I haven't given 5 stars so far. But it's definitely worth a try.

Pros

surely Contentstudio is a really useful tool because it integrates several basic functions. It is possible to coordinate publication flows on various channels, study the analytics for each channel and post, retrieve content even from third parties, such as Pocket and Feedly. It integrates the search and use of sources also through the Chrome bookmarklet. Excellent function of creating categories, and planning their publication. Although the analytics are not as thorough as other tools, they are more than enough to have a global vision of the progress of social channels. There are many possible integrations. Very useful the chance to add features at only 1$ per month each.

Cons

one of the main Cons is that as for now, there is no chance to choose a still preview for a video to post. Unlike other applications such as Onlypult or Postpickr, I have not found any way to solve the problem. I have contacted support, but so far no feedback about it. Another the major CON is that it does not have direct publication on Instagram, but offers 2 ways: via app notification (which can be annoying at times) or integration with Zapier, through a wizard.

I'm looking forward to the customer service becoming as great as the product.

The product seemed really great based on how it was marketed and it's definitely a great tool. Customer support is kind of a mixed bag. Some days they are more responsive than others, but I suppose that they are doing the best that they can. I was tempted to get a refund and move on to another service but then they kind of gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse. Content Studio appears to be just what I need to step our social media game up in a major way. I have no complaints about the product itself.

Pros

The user interface is clean and its easy to use. They have an iphone app(which is necessary to do scheduled postings to Instagram), the features seem to be very useful, they are constantly updating the product and introducing new features. The influencer and analysis add-ons seem pretty promising, just wish they weren't so costly.

Cons

I scheduled two demos because I wanted to have a more in-depth conversation about the features and functionality of the product, but the representatives failed to appear at both web conferences. I think the time difference plays a large role in their slow responsiveness when it comes to resolving customer issues. Also, the pricing isn't exactly great but it isn't bad.

Complete Social Media and Content Partner

For our team it's all about being seamless and having the ability to publish from one tool. We love that we can discover new content as well as influencers in one go. Publish and plan with a full set of analytics to give us metrics that are usable and addressable. The social inbox feature is not something to scoff at. Allowing you to manage all conversations, from all platforms in one inbox makes our support process streamlined and with quicker response times. The main point for us is now we don't have to open and use multiple tools.

Pros

ContentStudio is a versatile tool that will handle all of your social media marketing. With the ability to discover, curate, plan and post, this tool becomes a real swiss army knife. It enables our team to get posts up quickly and consistently. The calendar gives a bird's eye view and makes an ideal content calendar. It provides easy integration with my WP Blogs and even allows us to also access our Shopify pages. The Internet runs on content and ContentStudio has this part of its arsenal really locked down providing us with the most popular, trending content. With its evergreen publishing and rss features this allows us to set, schedule and maintain with ease.

Cons

These two issues that I see as an issue are really no fault of the company itself. The link shorteners need more integrations. Considering that they also have their own link shortener, I can understand why it is limited. The inability to post directly to Instagram without the need for a pass-through with be beneficial.

Social Media Marketing The Easy Way!

It was a bit rocky getting started because I was overwhelmed with options, but once I went through the available tutorials and some YouTube reviews, I was able to confidently post and save a ton of time.

Pros

ContentStudio is a one-stop-shop for your social media marketing needs. It allows you to search topics of interest, share found articles, create new articles and share across your linked social accounts & blogs, find influencers in your niche, analyse your social accounts to see where to improve, and a whole lot more. There are some SMM alternatives to ContentStudio, but none we've found offer quite as much, nor are as affordable. The alternatives require you to have multiple software subscriptions and bounce between them to have the same functionality. One of the coolest features is you can do all this from your mobile phone while relaxing on the beach!

Cons

Support has been very friendly and deals with the issues I've raised which is great, but often I find it's email-only support since we don't reside in the same timezone (so chat is not available when I'm at work). Would love to see 24/7 chat support, but this is not expected. Having so many features in your software is a double-edged sword. There's a ton of options which can be overwhelming for new users. Better documentation would go a long way to ease the onboarding process. I'm sure they'll get there!

ContentStudio is our goto for content ideas, research, and syndication across platforms.

ContentStudio takes what used to be the multi-day chore of content creation and syndication and condenses it into a mere 15-30 minute session every couple of days. I couldn't be more pleased with the amount of time saved and the cost/benefit ratio. There are some not so frequent upgrades that come available at a lifetime purchase, so be on the lookout for those! Definitely a great investment for the local business, but a must-have for any agency.

Pros

Constant innovation and feature additions. The authors are continually adding features and are very receptive to user ideas. This software makes it so easy to find great ideas for blog posts, social posts, articles, etc., it ought to be illegal. (but we're glad it's not) . We use this daily to spot trends, identify influencers and schedule our content across major platforms. This probably saves...

Cons

There are some helpful video tutorials, but frankly, ContentStudio should create a playlist for developing a strategic content plan for using the system to the fullest. That said, there blog publishes helpful ideas regularly. It's just that there's no real cohesive 'start here' or 'step 1, step2' guidance for using all of the facets of this great tool together. There are so many moving pieces to ContentStudio that there's a bit of a learning curve. Once it's set up though, you're done. Then it's pretty much an easy-button situation. That's where the 'Strategy' playlist would be helpful.

One of the best Content Automation Tool for Digital Marketers of the future

The team behind ContentStudio is amazing. I am one of their early adopters and I have loved this tool. As I mentioned above, I use this tool heavily to find relevant contents.

Pros

As the name suggests - ContentStudio is an all in one - content creation, curation and distribution tool - but what does that mean? I am into Facebook Advertising and interested in learning about new updates or get access to popular content across the web related to Facebook Advertising. Discovery Tool - I can filter which exact sources (blogs, articles etc) and webpages I want to get my updates...

Cons

I am looking forward to getting more features that provides me information on social media pages of brands I want to track and websites to track and understand their performance - so I can set a benchmark for my own campaigns.

It Just Keeps Getting Better!!!

I first purchased ContentStudio in May 2018 on AppSumo. I watched it grow and used it on and off, but now I'm going all in. Especially since they just added analytics and influencer research. I plan on canceling several other services/products I'm using that I will no longer need due to ContentStudios suite of features. I'm hoping to use it effectively for both planning and publishing.

Pros

1. Built-in curation (and it's GOOD curation, not haphazard). 2. Ability to add RSS feeds. 3. Ability to compose content within the platform. 4. Can also search real-time for content and see engagement, shares and sentiment. 5. Automation and integration capabilities 6. The brand new analytics and influencer research options

Cons

I don't want to include a con because they are constantly improving and adding features to ContentStudio. You can also connect directly to their Trello roadmap and make suggestions for new features.

From the minute I hit the Discovery page I knew ContentStudio was a serious source of real content.

Verified person making review. Easy.

Pros

To "pick one thing" I like most about CS is too tough to worry over so how about my top FIVE... 1. Limitless, easily searchable, quality content from 1600+ builtin killer sources -and- the ability to add your own -and- Feedly Integration! 2. Each piece of content includes the source, FB and Pinterest Likes, numeric "hot" rating and buttons to either publish or save to Favs to consider later....

Cons

Honestly... I do not have even a minor issue or complaint. That is worth a mention because it is rare.

Feature-filled lovechild of Buffer, Pocket, and your blog

Oh man, huge time saver, helps the entire content creation/curation management process easy because it's all in one place and organized so intuitively. I thank my lucky stars that I was able to purchase a lifetime membership very early on when ContentStudio was new. Seriously it's the MVP of my content strategy.

Pros

SO many features! - You can write blog/social media posts directly from within the web app - Automation for campaigns (new blog posts to social media, article links to social media, sharing articles automatically on your blog, etc.) - Nice-looking interface. Seriously, it's totally a selling point. It makes it even more fun to create content. - Ability to schedule posts - The "Discovery" tab. I could get lost for hours, it's a treasure trove for easily searchable, filterable, postable-from-the-website content. - Integrations galore! Facebook, Twitter, Pocket, the list goes on. There's also a browser extension. - Responsive and fun on social media

Cons

I'm extremely picky when it comes to tools I use for business, especially if I really like something, which is counter-intuitive, but there you have it. - I'd love to see more ability to use the article to blog automation more easily. Example: I have my settings such that systematically, I must review any post before it can be published. If I'm unable to log in for a few days, all the now-expired posts have to be opened one at a time and rescheduled -- click date, click time, click post... that sort of thing. If there was a button that you could click that could re-add those posts for the same schedule, just staggered on different dates in the future, that would rock! - Occasionally posts will not post, seemingly at random. But this isn't super frequent.

Made Social Media Possible Again...

Pros

We love the ability to find other relevant content sources and have a feed that we can discover new content. The automation piece and the staging of content is unreal. We've seen it in other tools, but it was harder to manage. Here the UI just works. We also like the integrations with Replug to put retargeting and CTAs to work.

Cons

The inability to post directly to Instagram. I know this is an issue with most tools, but if I have people on my team doing it, they still have to have a phone nearby to make it happen. We're going to try and find a workaround, but it's an issue. Also, the inability to post stories to any of the social media channels is an issue. That has become a huge part of social. Should be added.

Very nice tool for social media automation

Thanks to ContentStuidio, I save a lot of time with the team. I can automate activities in SocialMedia. Run many different profiles, in different media from one place. A very useful tool.

Pros

During last year Content Studio team made a lot improvements. Few weeks ago they release new version CS V2. They have native integration with link shortener relug.io - this is really awesome. They made very good job in implemeting of the way of workflow - teams and workspaces are very clear and simple in use. Inside CS You will find 3 main tools which are dividing for smaller parts:: *DISCOVER tool...

Cons

For me the biggest issue is weakness of DISCOVER tool in my language (Polish). It is working but gives very poor results. I don't use, but I see that in English it's working very good.

No Better Value for Social Media & Content Marketing Management!

Was impressed from the get go! Seems to be getting better and better! Comparing to other platforms... It is a Slam Dunk!

Pros

Featured Packed, Tons of Integrations, Super Easy to Use!

Cons

Honestly... Nothing! I would have to make something up here! So why bother! It is Awesome!

Blown Away - There is nothing like it

Pros

Concerning Version 2.0, There was nothing so far that I don't like about ContentStudio. The ui is modern, functional and intuitive. It has robust features without cluttery navigation. ContentStudio is a solution for many different challenges that I was facing, eg. the coordination of the different social media channels, the discovering relevant content, for curation and inspiration, formatting the content once found and working with different teammates. Another bonus is the degree of training and "how-to's" about using the products that they provide.

Cons

Lack of JotUrl support is a big deal for me, and nearly a deal killer. They have said that they intend support JotURl soon, so that will make ContentStudio a perfect option.

All in One Social Media With Powerful Automation

I am satisfied using this product. Its better than any other product that i have tried before and it continiously update. Its very useful for me especially when it comes to Social Media Management things.

Pros

I have bought this product around 2 years ago and start using it for my social media management. Its very robust and easy to use especially when you have many social media to manage. Content Studio has many great features especially content discovery and its powerful automation for schedule our social media. Content Discovery allows you to look up on many niches topics and filters it based on specific...

Cons

It still not many Content Discovery from my local Country (Indonesia), it still focus on getting info on Top Countries and Global News. Its understandable because to have every content on every country will takes alot of time and i can have patience to waiting for it.