ContentStudio Logo

ContentStudio

Content marketing & social media management tool

ContentStudio Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.96/10

See full reviews by rating

I've been using it for a few years and I keep discovering how great it is again. There have consistently been upgraded and improved since inception when it was pretty great already.
The product is great based on how it was marketed and it is a great tool. Used across 3 brands and does this with ease.
An excellent experience with a great community of entrepreneurs and marketers supporting the ecosystem.
Too bad their support is terrible when it does not work right, which is too often.
No feelings for Facebook available. No german translation available.

Leah P.

Founder

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

ContentStudio is absolutely worth it!

Transcript

Leah P.: Hi, my name is Leah. I am a founder of a cosmetics company and I give ContentStudio a five out...

DC

Dave C.

Director

Design, 1-10 employees

Great Social Media planning tool

Transcript

Dave C.: Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a director of a design agency. Today I'll be reviewing ContentStudio,...

Kwan H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Deliver its Promise

After Hootsuite, Content studio can be a great contender for content management and posting. 95% scheduled posting delivered. 5% error mostly on Instagram account. Expecting more refined and richer tools without keeping paying additional add-on services.

Pros

- One tool for all your collaboration, content management, and posting. - Pick Content trending or most shared articles and easily add them to post. - There is an add on new influencer tool and analytics reporting - Multiple Workspace for client

Cons

- Mobile app lacks robust features like on desktop. - failed to shorten links even already connected. - need wider integration with newer apps and tools: glorify, ocoya, pabbly...etc - article summarizes the need to be better. - branding for each workspace with client logo dn theme.

Rasmus Bernt K.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

A solid platform and a rising star

Overall I'm happy with my weekly use of CS, and recommend it, not only due to their above average features, but also due to their ambitious road map and the team behind.

Pros

I love how ambitious the team is, and how solid and well thought out new features are, when they are rolled out. The CS content planner give you a nice and easy to use overview. While the system has a very strong 'Content Discovery and Insights' feature, it also post to several social channels (9 at the moment if I remember right). Their 'Automation Recipes' module is quite unique and let you find, schedule and post relevant content on autopilot, based on the rules you setup. As any serious tools it is also important that CS include 'approval features', so wrong content don't go online

Cons

As for almost every tool who have entered the market within the last years, Content Studio don't allow direct posting to Instagram. It has nothing to with the tool or the team behind, as they have worked extremely hard to make this happen. IG have simply 'closed the door' temporary, and don't let relative new tools get the needed access to their API. However I know the team continue to work with IG, but also look for any legit alternative. I would love you could post the same posts in more than 1 language (so your followers can read your post in their own language), and as far as I understand, this is already on their road map.

LA

Lukasz A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Finally I found it!

With Content Studio, managing social media has become much easier. First of all, it really saved me a lot of time.

Pros

Content Studio works great. Before that, I spent a lot of time searching for the right social media tool. Finally, I found one that has a clear interface, good user experience, a lot of possibilities and works without any major problems. This is really a top-level application of this type!

Cons

Limits on my account! Oh, how I would like the limits to be bigger or to expand them cheaper :)

LR

Laura R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Decent value for the money- and is continuing to improve slowly

Pros

I purchased a lifetime access to this software with its launch and have seen improvements. It is sufficient at basic social media management and planning.

Cons

The reporting and analytics are very basic, and there are certain key things missing that means I have to toggle between posting manually and fully planning within the tool. Which is a hassle.

TD

Tim D.

Information Services, self-employed

Easy way to ramp up visibility very quickly

I'm trying to get visibility on LinkedIn. Eventually, I'll shoot videos and post them to YouTube. My goal is get noticed on LinkedIn and then to start adding posts I compose myself. My visibility on LinkedIn shot up immediately. I'm anxious to try YouTube.

Pros

I like that I can a) find relevant articles to share, and b) share them to an array of social media platforms very quickly and easily. I can create custom searches with my own keywords, grab an article, select the platforms to post to, add comments and images, and schedule the post in one go. It's also great that ContentStudio brings a copy of the article into an internal pane. That's very helpful when you're using sources like HBR where I'd otherwise have to have a subscription to the see the article.

Cons

There are a couple of small glitches. There's a really nice integration with Canva that doesn't always work. There's a very nice planner that lays out what I'm publishing and where. I can show it in a calendar view, which I like very much. I can't separate the calendar view by channel (LinkedIn vs Twitter vs Instagram, etc.). I'd like to put together a post for LinkedIn, add that post to the queue, then trim it for Instagram, add that post to the queue, then trim it for Twitter, and add that post to the queue. I can do that, but I have to open up Compose pane again an again.

BM

Bernie M.

Investment Management, 1-10 employees

Content Studio is a place to create, distribute, and track content in one platform.

I've tried or worked with many social media management platforms since 2008, when this became part of my work. Content Studio is one of the new wave of fierce start-up companies from the last five years that offer more value at a realistic cost. The way social media and content creation works has changed dramatically since 2015. Before then, it was either blog OR social media, and now EVERYTHING is media, and it is more complex than ever to form a connection with people and get found in organic search. Content Studio is making a considerable effort to create, distribute, and track content in one place as a viable offering. Con

Pros

Content Studio is making a considerable effort to create, distribute, and track content in one place as a viable offering. There are many places to do this but I have found Content Studio to be bravely always making updates and progress towards a place to run your own 'media company' from. I like the way you can connect to so many social media and web platforms from one place. AND on the blog platform sort out your SEO, tag and other pre-post tasks, something that is always pain from inside WordPress! Connecting to Google My Business and Pinterest is a big deal too, not every social media platform does this.

Cons

The weakness is the blogging platform. But it is always improving and I'm hopeful this will become a powerhouse. As with any software, there is a learning curve, and I've needed to spend time working out how to use it and fit it into my workflow.

Tim M.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Secret weapon in your arsenal of content

This is allowed me to generate content on a regular basis for a few of my blogs and also keeps me personally in the loop with new news and updates.

Pros

Content Studio is super intuitive and easy to use. When I first got it I was a bit confused about the power it had, however after using it for over year it is now my go to solution for just about everything. You will love this application if you struggle with getting content daily.

Cons

To be quite frank, I don't have things that I don't like about this. They keep rolling out new features, it's easy for me to use, I love the integrations it has... I kinda struggle to think about a negative drawback from it. :/

Joshua S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Using ContentStudio is a breeze

It's helping us to work fast, efficient and creative. The planning ahead part I mentioned at the 'pros' point is a real big deal for us!

Pros

- Ease of use and functionality. I'm happy with the softwarae because we are able to plan ahead and do so very effectively - User Interface is beautiful and intuitive

Cons

The related topics for the branches I work for don't have other tranlations but English

AP

Andrei P.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

The best one but can be expensive.

It is heavily satisfying when working with large teams.

Pros

The software is great, I can say that it is the most complete one out there. It covers all the basics and much more, it can be excellent if you work with large teams. I would say it is the best for bigger companies or with large teams regarding social media.

Cons

The amount of tools can be overwhelming for beginners, if you don't know a lot about the subject you can feel lost. With most of its benefits being on teamwork and having a price tag, it can be not the best option for solo players.

GB

Gaia B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Nice tool but does not support reel scheduling

Pros

I very much appreciated the possibility of syncing multiple accounts and managing them from the same platform. I was looking for some tool to speed up and slim down the workflow of social media planning and posting and Content Studio does just that. The analytics is nice to have, although they don't go much deep into the analysis.

Cons

I had bought the software for the specific use of scheduling Instagram reels but turns out that the feature was only available for business profiles, not creator ones.This was very misleading as it was not stated anywhere and it would have been critical information to have in order to make an informed purchase.

YH

Yadah H.

E-Learning, self-employed

My Go-To Social Media Scheduler

I was fortunate to grab a lifetime deal when they were running one, and I CAN NOT believe the value for money I have received for that low entry price! As I get more experienced I am finding more and more features that save time and blow me away with the quality and functionality.

Pros

It integrates with all the major social media brands out there and is quick to let you know when the 'access token' has run out or is faulty so you can immediately re-connect the two (instead of only finding out ages later that something went wrong and your posts haven't been going out). You can connect your RSS feed to constantly have your blog posts being sent out automatically, and can set a scheduling...

Cons

As a non-tech savvy person it can get quite overwhelming trying to figure out what does what on the dashboard. I know I'm able to loop content (like you would for Pinterest) but I have no idea how to do it and not end up spamming my own account. They could definitely have more tutorials on how to make the product user-friendly for newbies like myself.

AJ

Alfredo J.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

One Stop Platform to Keep you (or your client's) Social Media Presence

I'm a daily ContentStudio user, and can see their team is really invested in making the best platform for social media management possible. I have found issues, but most have been eventually solved and they keep adding new features and keep their platform updated for ease of usage. From one platform I can search for topics, review them with my team and post them to my different social accounts. I...

Pros

What I liked most is how different tasks can be performed using one platform. I also like the automation and collaboration features included. You can separate account groups by workspaces, and provide access to both your colleagues and clients if you're an agency.

Cons

Small issues crop-up while customizing the platform. For example, working with rss feeds and automations. However they don't impede my daily use of ContentStudio and during my time using this platform some of these issues have been corrected.

SD

Stefano D.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

lot of great stuff, but..

considering that there is NO perfect tool, I use and recommend ContentStudio, because for my Content Curation needs, it is one of the most versatile and efficient tools. Perhaps the user interface and usability could be improved, because it is not always easy to navigate between the options. That's why I haven't given 5 stars so far. But it's definitely worth a try.

Pros

surely Contentstudio is a really useful tool because it integrates several basic functions. It is possible to coordinate publication flows on various channels, study the analytics for each channel and post, retrieve content even from third parties, such as Pocket and Feedly. It integrates the search and use of sources also through the Chrome bookmarklet. Excellent function of creating categories, and planning their publication. Although the analytics are not as thorough as other tools, they are more than enough to have a global vision of the progress of social channels. There are many possible integrations. Very useful the chance to add features at only 1$ per month each.

Cons

one of the main Cons is that as for now, there is no chance to choose a still preview for a video to post. Unlike other applications such as Onlypult or Postpickr, I have not found any way to solve the problem. I have contacted support, but so far no feedback about it. Another the major CON is that it does not have direct publication on Instagram, but offers 2 ways: via app notification (which can be annoying at times) or integration with Zapier, through a wizard.

LP

Lloyd P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I'm looking forward to the customer service becoming as great as the product.

The product seemed really great based on how it was marketed and it's definitely a great tool. Customer support is kind of a mixed bag. Some days they are more responsive than others, but I suppose that they are doing the best that they can. I was tempted to get a refund and move on to another service but then they kind of gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse. Content Studio appears to be just what I need to step our social media game up in a major way. I have no complaints about the product itself.

Pros

The user interface is clean and its easy to use. They have an iphone app(which is necessary to do scheduled postings to Instagram), the features seem to be very useful, they are constantly updating the product and introducing new features. The influencer and analysis add-ons seem pretty promising, just wish they weren't so costly.

Cons

I scheduled two demos because I wanted to have a more in-depth conversation about the features and functionality of the product, but the representatives failed to appear at both web conferences. I think the time difference plays a large role in their slow responsiveness when it comes to resolving customer issues. Also, the pricing isn't exactly great but it isn't bad.

Mark Anthony R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Complete Social Media and Content Partner

For our team it's all about being seamless and having the ability to publish from one tool. We love that we can discover new content as well as influencers in one go. Publish and plan with a full set of analytics to give us metrics that are usable and addressable. The social inbox feature is not something to scoff at. Allowing you to manage all conversations, from all platforms in one inbox makes our support process streamlined and with quicker response times. The main point for us is now we don't have to open and use multiple tools.

Pros

ContentStudio is a versatile tool that will handle all of your social media marketing. With the ability to discover, curate, plan and post, this tool becomes a real swiss army knife. It enables our team to get posts up quickly and consistently. The calendar gives a bird's eye view and makes an ideal content calendar. It provides easy integration with my WP Blogs and even allows us to also access our Shopify pages. The Internet runs on content and ContentStudio has this part of its arsenal really locked down providing us with the most popular, trending content. With its evergreen publishing and rss features this allows us to set, schedule and maintain with ease.

Cons

These two issues that I see as an issue are really no fault of the company itself. The link shorteners need more integrations. Considering that they also have their own link shortener, I can understand why it is limited. The inability to post directly to Instagram without the need for a pass-through with be beneficial.

Ken I.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

ContentStudio is our goto for content ideas, research, and syndication across platforms.

ContentStudio takes what used to be the multi-day chore of content creation and syndication and condenses it into a mere 15-30 minute session every couple of days. I couldn't be more pleased with the amount of time saved and the cost/benefit ratio. There are some not so frequent upgrades that come available at a lifetime purchase, so be on the lookout for those! Definitely a great investment for the local business, but a must-have for any agency.

Pros

Constant innovation and feature additions. The authors are continually adding features and are very receptive to user ideas. This software makes it so easy to find great ideas for blog posts, social posts, articles, etc., it ought to be illegal. (but we're glad it's not) . We use this daily to spot trends, identify influencers and schedule our content across major platforms. This probably saves...

Cons

There are some helpful video tutorials, but frankly, ContentStudio should create a playlist for developing a strategic content plan for using the system to the fullest. That said, there blog publishes helpful ideas regularly. It's just that there's no real cohesive 'start here' or 'step 1, step2' guidance for using all of the facets of this great tool together. There are so many moving pieces to ContentStudio that there's a bit of a learning curve. Once it's set up though, you're done. Then it's pretty much an easy-button situation. That's where the 'Strategy' playlist would be helpful.

Ankit R.

Paper & Forest Products, 1-10 employees

One of the best Content Automation Tool for Digital Marketers of the future

The team behind ContentStudio is amazing. I am one of their early adopters and I have loved this tool. As I mentioned above, I use this tool heavily to find relevant contents.

Pros

As the name suggests - ContentStudio is an all in one - content creation, curation and distribution tool - but what does that mean? I am into Facebook Advertising and interested in learning about new updates or get access to popular content across the web related to Facebook Advertising. Discovery Tool - I can filter which exact sources (blogs, articles etc) and webpages I want to get my updates...

Cons

I am looking forward to getting more features that provides me information on social media pages of brands I want to track and websites to track and understand their performance - so I can set a benchmark for my own campaigns.

KB

Kristin B.

E-Learning, self-employed

It Just Keeps Getting Better!!!

I first purchased ContentStudio in May 2018 on AppSumo. I watched it grow and used it on and off, but now I'm going all in. Especially since they just added analytics and influencer research. I plan on canceling several other services/products I'm using that I will no longer need due to ContentStudios suite of features. I'm hoping to use it effectively for both planning and publishing.

Pros

1. Built-in curation (and it's GOOD curation, not haphazard). 2. Ability to add RSS feeds. 3. Ability to compose content within the platform. 4. Can also search real-time for content and see engagement, shares and sentiment. 5. Automation and integration capabilities 6. The brand new analytics and influencer research options

Cons

I don't want to include a con because they are constantly improving and adding features to ContentStudio. You can also connect directly to their Trello roadmap and make suggestions for new features.

RN

Robert N.

CS Experience

I did lots of research and found all the deals, pricing, and competitors deals and pricing. There are pros and cons but overall CS is more innovated and geared up for todays social networking and the future of it all. Their use of the APIs has created a hub like no other with resources and integration that can take anyone personal or legal business to the next level. Posting to socials of all kinds and your personal WP or 3rd party blogsite is now in one spot, one hub, with analytics, social inboxing, automation, tracking, and much more.

Pros

You can take control of your social marketing and published content including curated content automation, link tracking, deep Insights, influencers discovery and so much more . CS can change your life if you are a social person looking to get more views and engagement or if you are a business looking to scale your audience, or if you are a marketer looking to have software tools that will help take you and your business as well as your clients business to the next level.

Cons

It may take some time to understand the potential of the software and the marketing strategies you can create. The few functions it lacks is in the works and will be developed by CS and released to the members depending on your plan type. Basically The cons are being worked on, for example: they don't have YouTube posting yet but will soon and still have YouTube for social inbox; amougsnt other small things that CS is working on.

Paul S.

From the minute I hit the Discovery page I knew ContentStudio was a serious source of real content.

Verified person making review. Easy.

Pros

To "pick one thing" I like most about CS is too tough to worry over so how about my top FIVE... 1. Limitless, easily searchable, quality content from 1600+ builtin killer sources -and- the ability to add your own -and- Feedly Integration! 2. Each piece of content includes the source, FB and Pinterest Likes, numeric "hot" rating and buttons to either publish or save to Favs to consider later....

Cons

Honestly... I do not have even a minor issue or complaint. That is worth a mention because it is rare.

Lindsay S.

Design, self-employed

Feature-filled lovechild of Buffer, Pocket, and your blog

Oh man, huge time saver, helps the entire content creation/curation management process easy because it's all in one place and organized so intuitively. I thank my lucky stars that I was able to purchase a lifetime membership very early on when ContentStudio was new. Seriously it's the MVP of my content strategy.

Pros

SO many features! - You can write blog/social media posts directly from within the web app - Automation for campaigns (new blog posts to social media, article links to social media, sharing articles automatically on your blog, etc.) - Nice-looking interface. Seriously, it's totally a selling point. It makes it even more fun to create content. - Ability to schedule posts - The "Discovery" tab. I could get lost for hours, it's a treasure trove for easily searchable, filterable, postable-from-the-website content. - Integrations galore! Facebook, Twitter, Pocket, the list goes on. There's also a browser extension. - Responsive and fun on social media

Cons

I'm extremely picky when it comes to tools I use for business, especially if I really like something, which is counter-intuitive, but there you have it. - I'd love to see more ability to use the article to blog automation more easily. Example: I have my settings such that systematically, I must review any post before it can be published. If I'm unable to log in for a few days, all the now-expired posts have to be opened one at a time and rescheduled -- click date, click time, click post... that sort of thing. If there was a button that you could click that could re-add those posts for the same schedule, just staggered on different dates in the future, that would rock! - Occasionally posts will not post, seemingly at random. But this isn't super frequent.

Tim H. D.

Media Production, self-employed

Better than I knew!

After an initial disappointing experience a long time ago, I've returned to ContentStudio and am pleased that I have. All of my social media accounts for different brands are now under one virtual roof.

Pros

I was looking for a substitute for Buffer; while I loved the platform, I was reaching the limits of my current subscription tier, and I needed a solution that had as many of Buffer's features as possible, while not being as prohibitively expensive. Enter ContentStudio (CS). I bought a lifetime subscription through AppSumo a few years ago, used it for a while, then abandoned it, probably because at that time it wasn't as feature-rich as it is now. Then I recently remembered I had it, and tried it again. So far, any feature I loved or needed that Buffer had, showed up in CS as I used it.

Cons

Sometimes, it's difficult to come from another platform where you're used to finding things in certain places, and while CS has good onboarding, it wasn't always easy to figure out what I wanted to do. Thankfully, support was very responsive, getting back to me within a couple of hours at most.

AS

Allison S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

It is great to have all my client's social media channels in one place, save so much time.

Pros

Being able to add all my client's social media channels to quickly make posts, edit & get approval

Cons

getting a notification for each comment made by the client in the approval process. Would be nice to get batch emails

Retail, self-employed

Small Business Owner

ContentStudio helps me a lot, considering I am a solopreneur with very little time to build a social media presence on multiple platforms. If it weren't for this software, I would have to work much harder to achieve the same results.

Pros

ContentStudio simplifies my content marketing strategy. I can post to multiple social media channels with a click of a button. I also like their SEO suggestions when I am writing a blog post. Thanks to ContentStudio, I got the hang of writing articles being SEO conscious. And now, many of my blog posts are going really well on Google and other search platforms.

Cons

Sometimes, I notice that the statistics about my social posts are not so precise. But that could be a misconfiguration on my behalf, as I'm still learning how to use all its functionalities. When it comes to answering customers on social media, I notice there's a bit of delay for the messages to show on ContentStudio, so I prefer answering them on Facebook Business Manager.

Piotr C.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Very nice tool for social media automation

Thanks to ContentStuidio, I save a lot of time with the team. I can automate activities in SocialMedia. Run many different profiles, in different media from one place. A very useful tool.

Pros

During last year Content Studio team made a lot improvements. Few weeks ago they release new version CS V2. They have native integration with link shortener relug.io - this is really awesome. They made very good job in implemeting of the way of workflow - teams and workspaces are very clear and simple in use. Inside CS You will find 3 main tools which are dividing for smaller parts:: *DISCOVER tool...

Cons

For me the biggest issue is weakness of DISCOVER tool in my language (Polish). It is working but gives very poor results. I don't use, but I see that in English it's working very good.