OptiSigns Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.2/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It is the most useful software to display content on TV. I recommend this product to all of the persons in health care or senior care as it is fun for them.
I like the cloud based scheduling. And I think the ease of building schedules is awesome.
Great price for the functionality, works on our cheap android TVs great. Very reliable and easy to use interface.
The autoplay feature, took me forever to figure out the setting to shut that off. My guests almost killed me because i could not get the soccer game on.
My only issue with it and this is more of an issue with Amazon Fire Stick is that you have to have an individual remote for every stick and can't use the same remote on all of the devices.
You can program the transition in, but the screen cast does not read it. This is a disappointing glitch-- my screen is black in between photos.

1,424 reviews

Egberto E.

Radio/Media Host

Online Media, self-employed

It is one product that lives up to its hype

Transcript

Egberto W.: Egberto, radio host and blogger, I give OptiSigns five out of five, click down below for...

Thomas H.

video producer

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Works great, easy to set up.

Transcript

Thomas H.: Hi, my name is Thomas. I'm a video producer, and my rating for OptiSigns is five stars. I...

Dennis M.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Easiest Signage System around

They are super responsive. I feel like they listen.

Pros

We are using the software as signage for our church. We love that we can collaborate on the content allowing each department to determine which assets to use. We tried several solutions before settling on this one. It gives us the control and flexibility we need while giving us tremendous functionality.

Cons

The developer is still working on some of the native features (youtube support) on the Roku.

SM

Silas M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Love it for my kickboxing gym

Great email support

Pros

Its easy to use. My members/customers love it. I am able to show powerful to my prospects with successful member stories. Also being digital sign, gives me so many options which is great

Cons

Need more vertical (portrait) templates. YouTube does not work in the integration in portrait mode. Facebook recommendations and Google reviews need to shuffle faster-- right now it keeps showing the same reviews multiple times instead of picking more from the database

AG

Andrew G.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Optisigns lags behind competition

Pros

-cloud based management -customer support team is responsive and helpful -fire stick is easy to source and cheap

Cons

-cannot manage content effectively: need ability to group players -very simplistic: no ability for custom widgets; no integration with RSS feeds, Tableau, or Power BI -in net present value terms, Optisigns was our companies 3rd option

Mb

Mohamed b.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

So easy to use,straightforward and sophisticated App

I am happy with the software it's really something want it to be in my business and digital poster and companies asked for a lot of money to set up, with optisigns help me to make it come true and definitely will be so appealing to my customers and potential customers.

Pros

Although I am still new and trying to familiarising myself with the software but the idea of using the fire stick TV ( Amazon) and the demonstration on the demo make it so easy.

Cons

I don't know if it because I still on the free trial period or it is like that the limitation of how many screen you can add !!

Hello Mohamed, Thank you so much for your kind review. We're glad to hear OptiSigns has helped with your business. Please let us know if we can help with anything else in the future. All the best, Gustavo S.

SC

Simon C.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Really good

Very easy to set up and use and seems to have all features

Pros

So quick to set up and intuitive. Took me about 5 mins from first look to get a screen working.

Cons

Hard to say so far, maybe XML capability?

BF

Britney F.

Farming, 51-200 employees

High Quality - User Friendly

The quick and knowledgeable response from the OptiSigns team instantly instilled trust in their company.

Pros

OptiSigns is easy to use, offers many great features, and the price is really unbeatable.

Cons

It was disappointing that not all the features worked on an Apple TV. But it was worth it for us to purchase Amazon Firesticks. With the purchase of firesticks and the monthly cost of multiple screens, we are saving thousands over the past company we were using!

KS

Kris S.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Great product

Pros

great software easy to manage with team of people for uploads

Cons

Some updates crash the system. Other than that nothing is a con

HN

Holly N.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Simple to use, robust capabilities

We have been able to use beautiful graphics to advertise our groups and events that would have cost a lot in print and created clutter and waste, not to mention time spent hanging posters and taking them down.

Pros

OptiSigns has made our transition to digital signage a breeze. We can invite many team members to submit graphics to our library, but our content managers have control over what is displayed, when, and how.

Cons

So far, I have not found something that we do not like about this. We were hesitant to spend money on software to manage the screens, but the time we save by using OptiSigns actually saves us money in the short-term AND long-term.

TP

Trevor P.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

OptiSigns is a good solution in a pinch!

So far so good. This is a quick solution for us and if it proves effective, we may expand its usage.

Pros

It was quick to install, test, and add content. Managing screens from a far is super convenient!

Cons

Some content doesn't show up despite being on a playlist. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if somehow the internet is slow to catch up.

Hello Trevor, Thanks for your kind review, we really appreciate it. If there is anything we can help you with you can always reach our support team. All the best, Gustavo S.

MW

Michael W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Retail shop friend

It is a pleasure to use Optisigns for advertising and Menu boards.

Pros

Very easy to implement on most any old TV laying around. Ease of use is another quality found with this service.

Cons

The per-screen charges are the biggest downside.

JL

John L.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Excellent Solution

We have implented OptiSigns to power about 30 digital displays in our multi-disciplinary performing arts venue which is visited by approximately 150,000 guests annually. These displays are used for wayfinding, concessions/bar menus, box office signage, marketing assets, and even projection. Our team of staff has been thrilled with OptiSigns and its ease of use vs. our previous system. In particular, the Notice Board app is incredibly useful for quick and professional deployment of content including messages like "OPAC welcomes Mr. John Doe" for day time meetings with donors. Our previous software for digital signage had only the most basic of notice board functionality.

Pros

OptiSigns is HALF the cost of our previous software per screen/per month. As a non-profit, we work hard to use cost-effective solutions. The feature set of OptiSigns is far greater than our previous system and after reviewing our options, it appears much more powerful than other solutions. The deployment using Amazon Fire Sticks is absurdly easy. The affordability and availability of Fire Sticks...

Cons

This is really more of a wishlist rather than cons Presets - We would love the ability to have mass presets that could be deployed quickly. For example, a preset would deploy different "Post-show" content to all screens for display as audiences leave. Likewise, "intermission" specific content could be deployed to different screens. Chromebox - I would like to see better integration for Chromebox devices in kiosk mode.

JH

Julie H.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Look no further

Love the product thus far

Pros

I have TouchBistro and their digital menu did not work at all. I have searched and searched tried multiple trials and this was by far user user friendly and easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. I can add my continuous updates to the menu as we have to keep adjusting due to food costs and the shortages. It loads in seconds beautifully. I even mark out what items we sell out of. Don’t waste your time looking around!

Cons

The symbols are a little lacking and could not change the color on the ones I wanted to use from the template. Also I could not find the font though it was used in the template. I hope as I learn how to upload and edit I think it won’t matter. I also wish I could set the font size with a number not a slider bar it’s to hard to get it exact but I managed to make it close.

RB

Roger B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Pleasantly surprised! Features and capabilities for novices, experts and everyone in-between!

So far, great! Scheduling has become my "go to" for digital signage.

Pros

Scheduling was not even on my radar until I tried OptiSigns. I created a couple of schedules "just playing around" and it opened my eyes to a whole new approach to delivering content. With this tool set, I can set the week in advance and tweak the schedules as changes arise. Very nice!

Cons

I am still looking for ways to provide a seamless update of the data being displayed for my non-techie users. I have some playlists that need to change multiple times throughout the day, based on situations and circumstances that are outside of our control. I need to make this as simple and easy as possible as I cannot afford for my users to have to spend a ton of time making changes to content. They are not graphic designers and shouldn't have to be.

FD

Francis D.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

This is my point of view....after testing many others solutions

Pros

Easy depoyment easy of use. Big versatility with template and alot of them available that help to be up and running fast.

Cons

Only thing i think it's a cons is not about the software but more about the Roku Company that not make sure we could use all the option available from Opt-Signs like app, facebook or other like weather. They dont simply not work on the built in channel but only from external player. But for the Trial before to subscribe i was really happy about the fact the system was running the same minute that we registrer the screen.

LB

Logan B.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Simple

The interface is simple, clean, and effective. Playlists and schedules are easy to manage. This is a top-notch product for anyone with digital signage needs.

Pros

OptiSigns has the most simple yet effective interface out of any other digital signage option I've looked at. Everything is easy to manage.

Cons

The limitations of using a Roku TV were disappointing, although I'm not sure if it's possible to fix. The ability to expand the assets section in Playlists would be helpful, or have a browser.

TC

Troy C.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

OptiSigns is perfect!

I love it! It was exactly what we were looking for, and it seems to handle video very well!

Pros

Super quick and easy to setup and implement. Even though I don’t mind reading manuals and help docs, I didn’t have to read a single doc to get anything setup.

Cons

I’d like to have the ability to create a new playlist when assigning media to a playlist or assigning a playlist to a schedule.

JS

Jeffrey S.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Inexpensive and feature packed Digital Signage, Hooray!

Pros

We've been using this software at our restaurants for the past few years, and compared to other hardware/software solutions, Optisigns has really created a well thought out system to address all of our needs - and we have specific criteria that not many other companies met. For those times we needed help with the set up or maintenance, customer service was always accessible and found solutions to our many questions. Compatibility with other software and SAAS vendors had made a huge impact for us.

Cons

We are very happy with Optisigns and can't think of anything negative at this point.

CB

Camryn B.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Awesome, especially for displaying Outlook Calendar

The experience has been great so far!

Pros

We were specifically looking for a solution to display the Outlook calendar for our conference rooms, and OptiSigns was by far the most user-friendly and most capable of the functionality and look we desired.

Cons

I'm only on my first week of use, so any troubles I've had have all been training related.

Martin A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best Product for the best Price

Best so far. Tried other products and was not impressed. They were too expensive and not easy to use.

Pros

Ease of Use. Very intuitive. No need to extensive training. Great customer service and support.

Cons

So far, nothing. It has a great and simple to use interface. I would recommend to every business trying to sell time with broadcasting.

GB

Greg B.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

One of the best digital signage software around

Pros

I love the fact the assets are stored locally, this makes all my videos play fluidly, without hiccups in between assets which as a problem with all the other solutions I had tried.

Cons

The scheduling is not super straight forward, but once you get to understand it it works great. I've seen worst.

MB

Michaela B.

Printing, 51-200 employees

Don't try anything else, this is so worth it!

Phenomenal. I needed help with something when I first was using it and the customer service team got back with me immediately and resolved my issues, which was totally user error.

Pros

I love that I can change what is displaying on our TV's anywhere and anytime. I had tried a few other softwares and I actually read about OptiSigns in a negative review of one of the products I had tried before! As soon as I opened the app and started messing with it, I was able to have our TVs up and running with the information we needed displayed. My favorite feature is all of the apps that are provided and even a covid-19 folder with a lot of information to display for our employees.

Cons

I wish there were more apps because I absolutely love them! That really isn't a con, just a wish.

RW

Rob W.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Great for internal communication

This saved my development staff from having to write a custom solution as OptiSigns is very well priced in the market. You may not get all of the high end features that solutions costing over $100 / month would have but it gave my medium sized company most of what we needed for an unbeatable price.

Pros

OptiSigns is really easy to get up and running especially if the TV and computer is already in place. Their current app list has a decent selection and you can add pretty much any website you'd like on there.

Cons

Maybe a more extensive app selection, notably LinkedIn was missing from the social connectors. Some of the news apps had fairly small text, that may improve the more we use the software and play with the settings though.

ND

Nina D.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Very good for starting with digital signage, could be slightly better.

I like majority of the features but as I mentioned above some of the features could be slightly better. I am an avid photographer, video editor, graphics designer and when I connect these three media technology fields and try to use my human capacity at max, this software fails to deliver. I have so many great ideas for our display and I am able to develop them only to be disappointed because my ideas...

Pros

I liked how I could easily use it even from the start. I tried the trial version so far and as soon as I entered the website it was easy to manage everything. Pretty straightforward software and If you have some computer knowledge you will be happy with this, it is not complicated at all. I love how responsive it is in most cases. I love the social media integration. I belive this feature is the best...

Cons

I least liked the Visual Editor. Bugging, glitching, loading my assets took tiiiiime. I did a 30 min dog walk while waiting for one single asset to load so I can re-edit something. The clock feature does not work well with images, it starts before images and it glitches on screen for 10 seconds and then the images I've put inside appear. So blank screen (technically because the clock is white and...

Hello Nina, Thank you so much for your kind review and I'm glad you found us! We are happy to have you as a customer. We take your feedback seriously as we are always working on improving our product and service. Thanks again for the kind review and we are always here to help in case you need us. Best, Gustavo S.

CW

Chris W.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Amazing Customer Service

After researching and comparing several services, we reached out to our top three based on price and functionality. OptiSigns was the most reasonably priced and had the most pleasant and knowledgeable customer service representatives. During our trial, we tested several pieces of equipment. They were always responsive and positive with all the different configurations we tried. With the other companies we researched, we were immediately bombarded with sales pitches. As a non-profit, we are on a tight budget. The Optisigns app with the three zones feature does everything we needed it to do and more. Our displays look amazing. It's so nice to have something other than just a slide-show. We're able to incorporate slide-shows, critical information, and a weather-scroll. We love it!

Pros

The software can be used via FireStick App, Web-based, or computer app-based. The price for our application was also a great reason. The top-shelf customer service was what made us stick with them through our trial and ultimately pay for the service. Also, during the trial, we were able to take advantage of the full software features.

Cons

The software is great but there is a slight learning curve to know the lingo and assigning what needs to go where. After that, it's smooth sailing.

Hi Chris, Thanks so much for your review. Great to hear that you're enjoying it. We appreciate the feedback on the Customer Service. If you ever need any support, just send an email to support@optisigns.com Paul L

DO

Diahonia O.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Very Easy to Use and Create/Manage Content

I have been really pleased while learning how to use OptiSigns. Their prices are reasonable in my opinion and offer additional discounts for nonprofts and education which is really appreciated!

Pros

After researching several content management softwares, OptiSigns was the one myself and my organization settled on for the ease of use, price, and functionality. I am not technology expert myself but I was able to connect OptiSigns to our digital displays within moments and push content out soon after. I was surprised by the available templates and the ease of use of importing my own content.

Cons

I wish it was more upfront about the limitations of some platforms. For example, we have two Roku TVs that cannot use all the applications due to the restrictions set by Roku. This is easily resolved by purchasing a Fire Stick but wish that would have been more clear. It doesn't impact my use of this platform though. It would be great if it connected with Canva to easily import material directly from there but again, this is minor in my eyes and easy to work around.

Hello Diahonia, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that the OptiSigns is easy to use for you. There are limitations on the Roku device. I will pass your feedback on to our Engineer Team. Stay tuned for updates - we always working on improvements to make it better for our customers. If you ever need support, just send an email to support@optisigns.com Paul L