OptiSigns Reviews

3.3K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

Reviews by rating

It is the most useful software to display content on TV. I recommend this product to all of the persons in health care or senior care as it is fun for them.
I like the cloud based scheduling. And I think the ease of building schedules is awesome.
Great price for the functionality, works on our cheap android TVs great. Very reliable and easy to use interface.
The autoplay feature, took me forever to figure out the setting to shut that off. My guests almost killed me because i could not get the soccer game on.
My only issue with it and this is more of an issue with Amazon Fire Stick is that you have to have an individual remote for every stick and can't use the same remote on all of the devices.
You can program the transition in, but the screen cast does not read it. This is a disappointing glitch-- my screen is black in between photos.

3,364 reviews

SP

Shaina P.

Health and Wellness Supervisor

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Highly Recommend OptiSigns.

Transcript

Shaina: I am Shaina. I am the health and wellness supervisor for my organization. We have about 20 full-time...

Egberto E.

Radio/Media Host

Online Media, self-employed

It is one product that lives up to its hype

Transcript

Egberto W.: Egberto, radio host and blogger, I give OptiSigns five out of five, click down below for...

Jennifer A.

Food Production, 501-1,000 employees

Great Option for Global Communication

Pros

OptiSigns is great because we can remotely manage a consistent message across multiple sites as well as configure communications for site specific needs.

Cons

There isn't an option to have a message automatically removed from a playlist by date

DW

Daniel W.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Opti Signs Review

Very good, any issues that might arise are relatively minor.

Pros

Fast communication allows me to present information quickly. Integration with google software very helpful.

Cons

Interface using designer can be very sensitive. Can be difficult to line up and keep things symmetrical. They often move slightly when you click on them, and then won't go exactly back to where they were do to automatically lining up with other items on the page.

RH

Roberta H.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Bobbi's Review

Pros

The Optissigns team is willing to reach out and help. We haven't been able to get our devices up and running but I am anxious to get the devices working. The system seems like it is fairly simple to use once we can activate.

Cons

So far the activation of the devices has been a little frustrating. We followed the on line video and couldn't activate the devices. We worked with one of our vendors and were able to get 1 device online per the tv screen but the optisign online system never showed any device online.

Hi Roberta, Thanks for the detailed feedback. We're sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced while using OptiSigns. Please feel free to contact our Customer Success Team if the issue persists. We are here to help. Best regards, Kate

DB

Dale B.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

OptiSigns Saves the day

We have tried YoDeck and a couple other digital sign solutions and none of them come close to what OptiSigns offers.. We actually have peeked the interest of our local school corp. they want a demo on the solutions and may implement it in their schools.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create content inside of the solution.. I had all of the stuff we handed out on paper created and displaying withing 2-3 hours.. and most of that was waiting on responses from ministry leaders to ensure the most recent data was available. Their integrations and display options of said integrations are amazing.. Gives our Facebook feed a whole new look and feel on our screen. The options for content and integrations with GIPHY is so fun.

Cons

I the cost was a little higher than we were hoping to spend on a solution, but in the end we are glad we took this first step.

Hi Dale, Your review just made our day. Thanks and best reagards, Kate

LR

Lucas R.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Great application with many features and few flaws.

Optisign is a good alternative for companies, where you need to publish information on TV's in many locations.

Pros

Creating own layout. Publications from Google documents/ presentations managed by specific employees.

Cons

We have problem with 100% preview with Google documents - doesn't fit in TV, and we need to test different size to match it. We have to publish important information manually - it will be nice to turn on automatic refresh data every 1-5 min.

JH

Jeremiah H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Opti Signs For a Church!

It works well for what we do as a church!

Pros

The remote access and ability to control screens from phone

Cons

The platform usability could be more friendly for volunteers

TT

Terese T.

Retail, 1-10 employees

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

I love OptiSigns and I’m so happy I found it!!! Super easy to understand and you can create any sign you want with it! Even if you’re a beginner, you’ll feel like a pro with your new sign that you made!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and pair. It updates quickly and looks very professional.

Cons

Not much.. I feel like maybe sometimes it can be a bit laggy but could just be my connection.

Hi Terese, Thank you so much for your insightful feedback. Best regards, Kate

KM

Katy M.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great choice for digital signage

Great experience with OptiSigns , we have had no issues with the application.

Pros

It's easy to implement, the OptiSigns app on the amazon firestick was easy to connect to our OptiSigns account. We were then able to easily control what the TV displayed. It's easy to upload new documents and create playlists. You can display different playlists on the different TVs, which was great as we have devices across different sites that need to display different info. It's easy to schedule playlists as well.

Cons

Currently no cons about OptiSigns , it all works fine for us.

PM

Paul M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Optisigns is a great solution!

The product has simplified a tricky situation for a multi-site organization with consistency and quality. It has been a great experience.

Pros

We love the affordability and high level of features for digital signage. It's hard to find a better product with such consistent quality!

Cons

It would be great to have some additional multimedia features that are not currently available, but there is nothing that would be a deal breaker.

LK

Laurie K.

Music, 1-10 employees

Happy New User

It's going to be a lot of fun to work with and design slides to have in our live music venue window.

Pros

We've only been using it a very short time, but so far 3 users have found it very flexible and innovative, with a wide variety of options and layouts. We're all extremely pleased so far with the design and clarity of the slides as well.

Cons

We went to set it up and realized we needed 2 AAA batteries, which were not readily available. The instructions were a little confusing, but between 2 of us, we got it working.

JT

Jan T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

More functionality at a lower price, compared to current software

I am using this to show videos in my lobby, slideshows about new services in my exam room and for my staff I am displaying a Google Data Studio dashboard that shows them their goal completions. The ability to automate a the entire process (set it and forget it) is gold, while my customers/patients see helpful and entertaining information (plus a little marketing) while they wait to be seen. Any type of business in any industry could benefit from displaying messages on a TV screen, especially since TV's are so cheap. You can even have a TV in the bathroom with a sports ticker from ESPN (a free app with OptiSigns).

Pros

I just recently signed up for a trial with OptiSigns and was sold from the first hour of playing with it. It's super easy to upload or create assets and add them to playlists. In addition there seems to be an app for every need, including embedding a Google Data Studio dashboard for my team members to look at. What I really like is that I can schedule playlists for the entire year in advance. I created playlists for every month and scheduled them for the entire year, which includes holiday messages for specific months. I am a doctor and am using OptiSigns to display slideshows in my lobby & exam room for our patients, educating them about other services we offer. Compared to the service I am currently using, OptiSigns costs half and has more functionality.

Cons

There is a upload limit of 1GB with the trial and 10GB per screen for the paid version. Since I am using this for HD videos, it would be nicer to have a more generous limit nut not a big deal.

GE

Gina E.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Best Digital Sign Decision we ever made.

We used a different program for years, it was expensive and antiquated. There were hardly any templates and it would not communicate with our screen about 80% of the time. When it was time to find a new program, we switched to OptiSigns because of the amount of templates (for my employees that are not computer savvy), the cost and the sheer ease of using the program. It is and was a huge game-changer in our display screen.

Pros

We used a different digital sign program for many years, it was old and outdated. We moved to OptiSigns 2 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made. The templates are abundant, the ease of adding new signs is amazing. OptiSigns runs so smoothly and each of our assets looks so crisp and fresh that every visitors that comes in to our center comments on the screen of information.

Cons

I can honestly say, there is nothing I don't like about it. I guess if I had to find one small thing, it is maybe have a few more tourism related templates

James T.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Complex Scheduling Powerhouse

It's been wonderful. Pricing was honest and upfront, deployment was simple and we had 30 screens up and running in under a day. Support has been responsive. OptiSigns is a great company to partner with.

Pros

The first feature that attracted me to OptiSigns was the scheduling engine. My organization has some very specific scheduling needs and OptiSigns was the only provider that could meet our needs. We need three sets of content that could rotate on a bi-weekly basis for each content set. So we need to be able to schedule at least six weeks in advance, OptiSigns was the only product that could meet our needs.

Cons

I have yet to find any real flaw with OptiSigns. Perhaps once per year one of our displays may need to be reset and reconnected to the console. Honestly though, that could be a network issue or a client device issue. I can't honeslty say with certainity that OptiSigns is the true source of this once in a blue moon occurence.

GH

Greg H.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Electronic theater playbills.

At our theater/live concert hall, we use OptiSigns for digital signage of upcoming events. This becomes an electronic promotional listing. OptiSigns gives us the ability to easily manage these assets and playlist. As an event passes, we can easily remove that graphic from all displays. Likewise, we can add graphics as an event is announce. For private events, we can change from the "upcoming shows"...

Pros

Cost effective with not a lot of expensive device and network infrastructure. Easy to change assets and playlist. Ability to loop video assets. Available app to manage devices. IOS & Android Easy to add/remove devices as needed, while maintaining one user interface.

Cons

Could us a little better flexibility for account/billing. Sometimes we might need to add a single device to our account for a single event, without paying for an extended plan for that additional device. Maybe, a daily or weekly plan for additional devices beyond the first device. Also would be great to have the ability to assign multiple devices to the same screen. I would like to have a number of display devices all be the same. As things currently work, I have to make changes to each screen. I wish that I could assign screens as duplicates, so I only have to do it once.

AW

Amber W.

Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees

Columbus Museum of Art LOVES OptiSigns!

Pros

I needed to find a simple software with the capability to display onto digital screens throughout the Museum. I had a hard time finding something within our small budget. OptiSigns came out on top in all categories, ease of use, nonprofit pricing, customer service, and more. The software is simple to learn and I can add a screen in just a few minutes. Also, adding a new asset is simple and if I want to upload something I created in a different program (like Adobe) OptiSigns makes it easy to do so.

Cons

The design software is a little clunky. But once you can play around it is easy to manage. So long as you understand Canva, anyone can do it. The scheduling a playlist is also a little confusing at first. You just have to experiment and you'll get the hang of it.

SL

Stephen L.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Optisign made things easier for us

Very satisfied. The management of these has been much easier compared to competitors, and when time is limited, that is a huge benefit.

Pros

The dedicated built-in hardware android players are fast and easy to setup, and swap where needed.

Cons

The players seem to die out quickly due to overheating. But this is being addressed in a newer model over the next few months

AT

Aidan T.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

A great way to control your content across multiple displays

Seamless end to end display management in a simple package. Can't comment on their customer support as I've never had to use it!

Pros

Ease of use for non-technical users makes this a great solution that doesn't require IT/AV support.

Cons

We have had no issues at all with installation or managing the system. I cannot fault it!.

JH

Julie H.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Look no further

Love the product thus far

Pros

I have TouchBistro and their digital menu did not work at all. I have searched and searched tried multiple trials and this was by far user user friendly and easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. I can add my continuous updates to the menu as we have to keep adjusting due to food costs and the shortages. It loads in seconds beautifully. I even mark out what items we sell out of. Don’t waste your time looking around!

Cons

The symbols are a little lacking and could not change the color on the ones I wanted to use from the template. Also I could not find the font though it was used in the template. I hope as I learn how to upload and edit I think it won’t matter. I also wish I could set the font size with a number not a slider bar it’s to hard to get it exact but I managed to make it close.

JE

Jennifer E.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Great for business with dynamic information

We use OptiSigns regularly (every day) in our business to keep our customers in-the-know about the many shows, classes and opportunities available. It's a crucial tool for us.

Pros

Optisigns has totally upped our game with being able to keep a good flow of information up to date and regular on our bar tv screens and entry-way screens. Updating is fast and easy, and it's possible to create playlists to play the correct information at the correct sign.

Cons

could be better about notifications of new features.

Hi Jennifer, Your review made our days. We regularly send out monthly product updates directly to your email inbox. Be sure to keep an eye out for these valuable updates! Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for being a valued member of our community. Best regards, Kate N

KC

Kerry C.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Easy to use and manage digital signage solution.

Overall my experience with OptiSigns has been very positive. It is easy to setup and use. It is very easy for our content manager to update and publish things to all the different TVs we have in the facility.

Pros

OptiSign was fairly easy to setup and to use. You add a player to each tv. It lets you name each player based on what makes sense for you to manage its content. You then can schedule each player to play the same thing or play something different on each one. It is also fairly reasonable in pricing.

Cons

The live tv feature and how you have to configure it. Also, the configuration is only good for one tv unless you have a video distribution system already setup that you can leverage, but you still have to purchase the extra equipment to make it work.

SR

Sarah R.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

OptiSigns is a Timesaver for a Small Medical Marketing Team

My overall experience has been excellent. The set up was simple and it's easy to make changes.

Pros

The features that are most important to me are multilocation, ease of use for creating playlists and the scheduling options.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about OptiSigns. I would like to explore the creative options more but have not done so.

TC

Tim C.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Great product, great value

Pros

I really like the remote screen management and the playlists. This is a great option for the low cost, and it works with any Amazon Fire device, so I didn't even have to buy any new TVs or devices in order to start using the software. The templates are fairly useful, but there is a little room for improvement with the slide editor, it would be great if the editor worked on mobile devices. The text...

Cons

I think it would be helpful if some of the design elements they have in the templates were editable (like if there is a background image color splash, you could change the color, or select design elements from a menu like the icons). The templates are fairly useful, but there is a little room for improvement with the slide editor, it would be great if the editor worked on mobile devices. The text editor is a bit buggy in my opinion, but overall I am able to get everything working for me. I can't figure out how to use the split screen thing effectively yet...the images don't really look good,

PW

Patrick W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent Experience with OptiSigns!

Pros

I have been using OptiSigns for 2 years to promote our offerings. From the moment I contacted them, their team was incredibly helpful and responsive.The quality of the system has exceeded my expectations. The attention to detail and commitment to customer satisfaction really set OptiSigns apart. There are many applications for every purpose, which are constantly being expanded. The service, transmission and stability are very reliable and fast. I highly recommend OptiSigns to anyone in need of a professional and top-notch signage solution.

Cons

However, it's worth noting that while OptiSigns provides outstanding service, there are certain limitations regarding language support in some applications. The translation into German is not available for certain apps like news, etc., and some apps are only offered in English.

MS

MJ S.

Libraries, 11-50 employees

Awesome, economical ($) product for small businesses and public institutions

9.5/10, would definitely recommend to colleagues, like in other library branches.

Pros

- Great cost: super cheap to deploy a single digital sign, great for small organizations - Great content management: able to set automatic "go live" and "expiry" dates for content, plus automatic deletion of old content. Huge time-saver. - Instead set-up: download Optisigns on Firestick, plug into TV... streaming within minutes.

Cons

- One blip: was supposed to receive 10GB file storage. Found myself getting blocked from adding new stuff after only 1GB. Took a few emails and some insistence to get Optisigns IT to look into it and not ignore it to realize, 'Oh, yeah you've been accidentally limited to 1 instead of 10 GB. Fixed.' - "Designer" app is not bad-- you can add dynamic content together. (Same with 'Split screen'.) But they are a little hard to use / ugly-looking. Prefer to just use Canva for producing static videos with animations, content, &c.

Thank you so much for the insightful review. I will forward your feedback to our Product Team for further R&D. Best regards, Kate

BV

Brooke V.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great tool for multi-screen signage!

Pros

OptiSigns was easy to learn and easy to train others. The basic features are intuitive (creating a playlist, assigning a screen, uploading content, etc) and the user interface is well-designed. I'm used to having a learning curve with all software I use and I really didn't have much to learn with OptiSigns - it just made sense, and I feel confident I can have another team member take over my OptiSigns duties when I'm out and that they will understand how to do what they need to do.

Cons

OptiSigns is great for basic features but lacks some amount of advanced features from what I've noticed. For example, in creating a playlist there are only a few options for slide transitions, and beyond that very little ability to customize the content beyond the number of seconds each slide plays for. I used to use Canva integrated into OptiSigns, but I don't anymore because when I use Canva within Opti it doesn't show my organizations saved projects from my Canva account, despite me being logged in to that Canva account. It shows a very limited, Canva-lite view of your normal Canva account. It'd make it faster if I could access everything in my Canva account directly from OptiSigns.

Hi Brooke, Thank you so much for your insightful review. We are sorry to hear that you are not having the best experience at OptiSigns. To see your Organiation project (shared with you), after navigate to Canva app in OptiSigns, click to projects -> your project bar -> switch to shared with you. For the slides transition, please contact our support team at support@optisigns.com so they can provide a better support that matches with your case. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for being a valued member of our community. Warm regards, Kate N