OptiSigns

$10/mo, turn any screen into digital sign

OptiSigns Reviews

Pros

I like the cloud based scheduling. And I think the ease of building schedules is awesome.

Joey C.

Our digital signage needs were straight forward and not very complex. While OptiSigns can handle more complex needs, this proved to be the most user friendly solution with the best price.

Justin W.

Great price for the functionality, works on our cheap android TVs great. Very reliable and easy to use interface.

Chris H.

Cons

The autoplay feature, took me forever to figure out the setting to shut that off. My guests almost killed me because i could not get the soccer game on.

Eric K.

My only issue with it and this is more of an issue with Amazon Fire Stick is that you have to have an individual remote for every stick and can't use the same remote on all of the devices.

Peter W.

You can program the transition in, but the screen cast does not read it. This is a disappointing glitch-- my screen is black in between photos.

Suzanne F.

Inexpensive Option; easy to use.

Transcript

Cameron W.: My name is Cameron, and I'm a marketing manager, and I rate OptiSigns a five out of five....

Ease of use 10!

Transcript

Joey S.: Hi, I'm Joey. I'm a Director of Operations in the entertainment industry. I would give OptiSigns...

Great value, especially for the price.

We started using Optisigns as a test un on a new digital display in our dining room. We liked both the price and the ease of use, as well as the quality of the display images so much that we have switched our digital menu displays (3) from our old digital display service to Optisigns.

Pros

Optisigns is easy to setup and implement. Sharing media and content is made very easy with the management dashboard. The quality of the display image is great and everything works smoothly and seamlessly.

Cons

The only, and I mean ONLY thing that I find is laking with Optisigns is digital menu application that makes it easy to update prices for menu items. Unfortunately as it is the menu has to be designed in an external application (like Photoshop) and converted to an image file and then uploaded as media. So, to change a price on one (or many) items requires a lot of work, but could be made much easier by using a menu app like one's available in other digital menu systems.

Pleasantly surprised! Features and capabilities for novices, experts and everyone in-between!

So far, great! Scheduling has become my "go to" for digital signage.

Pros

Scheduling was not even on my radar until I tried OptiSigns. I created a couple of schedules "just playing around" and it opened my eyes to a whole new approach to delivering content. With this tool set, I can set the week in advance and tweak the schedules as changes arise. Very nice!

Cons

I am still looking for ways to provide a seamless update of the data being displayed for my non-techie users. I have some playlists that need to change multiple times throughout the day, based on situations and circumstances that are outside of our control. I need to make this as simple and easy as possible as I cannot afford for my users to have to spend a ton of time making changes to content. They are not graphic designers and shouldn't have to be.

Still geeking, with a better UI.

It's all about giving to the customer of retail in the right context at the right time. I can now say if there's a one day special without printing stuff ... or get people throught the door easily.

Pros

I don't have to setup too much stuff now. It's all about pushing content and make it happen. That's is just perfect. There's some integration that I'm sure I'll use.

Cons

We can sense how it's based on technicality. For example, it's nearly impossible for most of my marketing staff to understand the pourcentage to create zones. The naming (assets), the flow ... is fundamentaly a UI on top of code. So that mean, I can't transfert this task to someone else without a training. And this, mean that the digital sign will not be updated as frequently.

Simple

The interface is simple, clean, and effective. Playlists and schedules are easy to manage. This is a top-notch product for anyone with digital signage needs.

Pros

OptiSigns has the most simple yet effective interface out of any other digital signage option I've looked at. Everything is easy to manage.

Cons

The limitations of using a Roku TV were disappointing, although I'm not sure if it's possible to fix. The ability to expand the assets section in Playlists would be helpful, or have a browser.

Love the Canva integration

Overall, I'm very happy with how easy it is to use Optisigns. I had 5 tvs set up with different playlists in less than 2 hours from start to finish. Making changes is very easy and this program will save me a lot of time moving forward.

Pros

I love that it integrates with our Canva account. It is also very easy to update my files/assets and the update in almost instant. The old program we were using was very cumbersome and took 15 minutes to update.

Cons

I wish there was a way to embed the code from our Canva designs into a file so that any changes to our Canva design were pulled automatically instead of us having to reupload the file.

Thank you Tara for your review & feedback

Feature packed, suprisingly inexpensive

We purchased the preconfigured Raspberry Pis provided by OptiSigns, and it's been a breeze to set them up. The device is shipped already attached to our account, making configuration as simple as plug-and-play. We run these devices 24/7 to display a simple dynamic webpage, and we've had no issues or complaints thus far.

Pros

OptiSigns is incredibly simple to set up. I appreciate the wide variety of supported devices and operating systems. On the client side, the interface and experience is consistent across all supported players. The remote control function for Raspberry Pi devices is an excellent additional feature to have. Team and permissions management is native to the OptiSigns platform.

Cons

Genuinely enjoy using this product. I have no complaints or feature suggestions at this time.

Thank you Tyler!

Met all my needs unlike the others I tried.

Very pleased with the OptiSigns offering. Found lots of options and articles. Setup was simple on both Windows and Raspberrypi. I had one question which was answered same day.

Pros

Our main goal was to display our call center phone statistics using Chrome. This was the only one that allowed us to use Chrome and login to the needed 3cx phone system to display exactly what we needed.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list since it met all our needs.

Thank you Gary for your review!

Easiest, most economical digital signage option that offered the features we needed.

Extremely easy to demo, setup, and deploy. It took a matter of minutes to setup and entire hallway full of digital signage displays that we previously had on Cisco DMPs.

Pros

The cloud based, user interface was extremely easy to navigate. I was able to setup in minutes and had off media upload and scheduling to our public affairs and communications team with just a few minutes of training.

Cons

Really the only thing I would improved is additional transition features and option for multi factor authentication.

Thank you for the kind review!

Best digital signature

It is a very good system which i think in this digital era everyone with a business should have.

Pros

It is the most useful software to display content on TV. I recommend this product to all of the persons in health care or senior care as it is fun for them.

Cons

Yes please include canadian news channel like CP24 or CBC.

Thank you for the review!

Great!

Great!

Pros

Easy to build and customize the templates or menus.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. Not being able to Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to copy and paste is a downfall.

Thank you Rachel for your kind review & feedback. We always looking for ways to improve product and will pass feedback to our product management.

Great hospitality upgrade in our restaurant!

Our goal was to do an upgrade from our regular TV and USB stick setup, which was a pain to manage and therefore very static. We have started a 30-day trial, which is great because of a lack of pressure. Spare time is very limited in the restaurant business. So this gave us plenty of time to evaluate and test out its features. Not requiring a credit card is also nice. Furthermore, the restaurant business is always clamoured for budget. Especially in these Covid-times. Giving us the opportunity to go forward with cheap hardware and software investments (most of the parts were already in place) and delivering a works-just-fine experience is a pleasant surprise. Going forward gave us (all of the personnel) great ideas to pursue with our new found digital signage solution.

Pros

Most prominent features for us are the smooth integrations with the Socials. Instagram and Facebook (business) feeds were a breeze to setup. As well as our Google and FB reviews. This is just great to see for our customers (feedback) as well as our personnel (pride of work). Note: Some other offerings failed totally at or did not support this at all. Any media type (pictures and video) we have thrown...

Cons

Having just trialed OptiSigns for a couple of weeks now we have not come across any issues of mention yet. Surely it may lack some super detailed or niche feature sets, customization options or device management others may offer, but the pricing per screen completely makes up for that. The management system may be a bit overwhelming for our employees to self-manage. So management of assets may remain with me, the IT admin, such is life. Although this may be overcome with giving them e.g. access to a Google Slides presentation and incorporate that. And of course, the social and other feeds update themselves automatically. If OptiSigns ever would offer an easy fool-proof phone/tablet-to-screen (iOS and Android) content-creation phone app to manage assets this would be a killer solution!

Excellent Solution

We have implented OptiSigns to power about 30 digital displays in our multi-disciplinary performing arts venue which is visited by approximately 150,000 guests annually. These displays are used for wayfinding, concessions/bar menus, box office signage, marketing assets, and even projection. Our team of staff has been thrilled with OptiSigns and its ease of use vs. our previous system. In particular, the Notice Board app is incredibly useful for quick and professional deployment of content including messages like "OPAC welcomes Mr. John Doe" for day time meetings with donors. Our previous software for digital signage had only the most basic of notice board functionality.

Pros

OptiSigns is HALF the cost of our previous software per screen/per month. As a non-profit, we work hard to use cost-effective solutions. The feature set of OptiSigns is far greater than our previous system and after reviewing our options, it appears much more powerful than other solutions. The deployment using Amazon Fire Sticks is absurdly easy. The affordability and availability of Fire Sticks...

Cons

This is really more of a wishlist rather than cons Presets - We would love the ability to have mass presets that could be deployed quickly. For example, a preset would deploy different "Post-show" content to all screens for display as audiences leave. Likewise, "intermission" specific content could be deployed to different screens. Chromebox - I would like to see better integration for Chromebox devices in kiosk mode.

Look no further

Love the product thus far

Pros

I have TouchBistro and their digital menu did not work at all. I have searched and searched tried multiple trials and this was by far user user friendly and easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. I can add my continuous updates to the menu as we have to keep adjusting due to food costs and the shortages. It loads in seconds beautifully. I even mark out what items we sell out of. Don’t waste your time looking around!

Cons

The symbols are a little lacking and could not change the color on the ones I wanted to use from the template. Also I could not find the font though it was used in the template. I hope as I learn how to upload and edit I think it won’t matter. I also wish I could set the font size with a number not a slider bar it’s to hard to get it exact but I managed to make it close.

Las Gaviotas, Puerto Penasco Mexico - Using OptiSigns

Here at Las Gaviotas we are able to touch many business uses. Displaying Rules, check in procedures, Instructions for each shift of guards that come on duty. I am literally checking each Application and finding how I can make use of it in our organization. i will come back and write a more detailed review in a couple months as we have started out with 4 Screens and I see this growing Wildly. We...

Pros

1st we are a non profit and we are using OptiSigns and the many Applications for displays around our facility. We have Guard Shacks where OptiSigns allows us to display many things on a single Monitor. We have or main office where renters check in and Owners go to check on Services. We are able to display many different Applications/Web pages in one place, in a Playlist and Scheduled. We are new...

Cons

I have not found any Cons when it come to OptiSigns, My only difficulty has been to stay focused and plan what i want to do as it is soooo tempting just to connect and get on with things.

Exceptional Value

We have two screens in our office and want to have a good mix of organic content (that we create) and other content we pull from our social sites, weather feeds and news channels.

Pros

The whole platform is priced really well for a small business. It was easy to set up the hardware player, I used the Amazon Fire stick they have very good instructions on the OptSigns website as to how to configure it properly. Uploading assets and creating the playlist was also super easy.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of - the whole UX has been great to date.

Extremely easy to use.

So far the overall experience has been great. I will have more on this as I start to add in more screens and different content.

Pros

The software is very easy to use when setting up playlist. Linking up to screens only takes seconds. I have been testing most of the features on a local chiropractors office screen through his firestick. Only took minutes to set up and push content live onto his screen from my phone. I do most of my content creation on the desktop with Adobe software. Once I upload the custom content from my desktop to the Optisigns cloud. I am able to simply control everything else on my phone when needed. This is nice for when I am remote from the office.

Cons

The mobile version of the website is sometimes tricky. Works better in vertical mode. When in widescreen mode most of the dashboard is cut off and innaccable even with scrolling. Maybe an app designed specifically for mobile would improve the ease of use via mobile.

BEST VALUE, QUALITY & SUPPORT

OUTSTANDING. Great support, wonderful opportunities to capture more individuals' attention.

Pros

I have no idea why anyone would use any other digital signage company. Seriously. I got hands on support all the way through before I even PURCHASED. They addressed every question within the same day. The application to create content is FREE-- I don't have to pay for the templates or any features. There's no hardware necessary unlike most other companies out there. If I could rate it ten stars I would. I love love love OptiSigns and I am so glad we chose them over the other companies we were looking at!

Cons

There is nothing bad I could say about this product, everything has gone so smoothly, from set up to content development.

Inexpensive and feature packed Digital Signage, Hooray!

Pros

We've been using this software at our restaurants for the past few years, and compared to other hardware/software solutions, Optisigns has really created a well thought out system to address all of our needs - and we have specific criteria that not many other companies met. For those times we needed help with the set up or maintenance, customer service was always accessible and found solutions to our many questions. Compatibility with other software and SAAS vendors had made a huge impact for us.

Cons

We are very happy with Optisigns and can't think of anything negative at this point.

Awesome, especially for displaying Outlook Calendar

The experience has been great so far!

Pros

We were specifically looking for a solution to display the Outlook calendar for our conference rooms, and OptiSigns was by far the most user-friendly and most capable of the functionality and look we desired.

Cons

I'm only on my first week of use, so any troubles I've had have all been training related.

My Opinion

Customer support is seriously lacking for a paid service. I was promised a discount with my ongoing commitment with instructions on how to apply for it via email. I followed everything they asked and got NO response and was billed full price. I asked why the discount was not applied and got no response so I canceled the service and then I got a response why I was canceling and what they could do better going forward. I simply replied "honor your agreements" I didn't receive any apologize or any attempt to fix the situation or retain me as a customer. They quite clearly left an impression of "we don't care" whit me. I have since found a better service with another provider.

Pros

Easy for users that are new to digital signage. Has all the basic elements you might need but lacks for advanced features. If you require prompt customer support for your project, you will not find it here.

Cons

no online support. very basic, small set of modules that are not customizable. No cancellation option, had to go through web form and email that took several days.

Hi Mark, Thank you for the feedback. Any customer can cancel service anytime by reducing subscription to Zero. As for discount, we looked at the communication records for your account in our system, we did responded and applied give you refund for the discount within 24h of your request. If you have further concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

The best digital signage software PERIOD

We replaced our old 1970's foam bulletin board with OptiSigns and a 50" TV and we never looked back. It has been tremendously more popular than the bulletin board as we are able to convey a greater amount of information to constituents passing through in the hallways. Video functionality is great as well. I showed the free trial to my boss and she was so impressed we subscribed for 3 screens before the trial was up.

Pros

Accepts multiple file types, compatible with cheap media devices (Kindle Fire) for ease of setup, custom slide timers, VIDEO COMPATIBILITY, easy drag-and-drop features, pleasant and simple aesthetic, user functionality, web-based interface (no additional software needed), affordable price for smaller organizations.

Cons

Cloud storage could be a little bigger, 1GB is not a lot especially when using videos.

Don't try anything else, this is so worth it!

Phenomenal. I needed help with something when I first was using it and the customer service team got back with me immediately and resolved my issues, which was totally user error.

Pros

I love that I can change what is displaying on our TV's anywhere and anytime. I had tried a few other softwares and I actually read about OptiSigns in a negative review of one of the products I had tried before! As soon as I opened the app and started messing with it, I was able to have our TVs up and running with the information we needed displayed. My favorite feature is all of the apps that are provided and even a covid-19 folder with a lot of information to display for our employees.

Cons

I wish there were more apps because I absolutely love them! That really isn't a con, just a wish.

Best Product for the best Price

Best so far. Tried other products and was not impressed. They were too expensive and not easy to use.

Pros

Ease of Use. Very intuitive. No need to extensive training. Great customer service and support.

Cons

So far, nothing. It has a great and simple to use interface. I would recommend to every business trying to sell time with broadcasting.

Exactly What We Were Looking For!

So far so good.

Pros

I manage a small, seasonal yacht club. Last year my boss decided that he wanted to replace the old white- board that the Club had used for many years to disseminate info to the membership with a digital signboard and he put me in charge of managing it. Knowing nothing at all about digital signage I began doing research online and discovered that, to properly and easily operate the new board, I would...

Cons

A few learning hurdles with text boxes in the New Design options but I think time, more experience and accessing a few more tutorials will smooth out any wrinkles.

Love Features! Needs more Customizeation.

We wanted to be able to streamline our processes from uploading, ad creation, and app features

Pros

I love the integrations and how easy it is to set them up. Uploading is simple and the Dropbox / Drive app is amazing! I absolutely adore it. It allows me to build out a section for my clients to customize themselves.

Cons

I would love to see more customizability. I bet [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from support is done with me by now because I send him too many emails (joking). But being able to: - Change Font Size in Apps - Chose different display styles (For Reviews, being able to toggle as most recent) - Change the way some of the Apps Look more than just aspect ratio I would also love to be able to take a crack at designing apps for the system but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. I have some HTML experience and am wondering the best way to go about it. We are also wanting the possibility to white label the software if possible. We are planning to put in at least 100 screens over the next 6 months.