OutboundEngine Reviews

OutboundEngine

Cloud based email, social media and content marketing tool

4.06/5 (16 reviews)

Pros
  • This software helps me hit a specific target group while saving me a lot of time. OBE was the only source I knew of that did this at the time, but it has saved me time and has been great to use.Phoebe S.Read the full review
  • Content is good and the delivery is great. They do both email newsletters and social media posting to the top major ones.Bill V.Read the full review
  • So far we've had a great experience with the platform. 10 would recommend for the promotional products industry.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • Hated every minute...including the pushy sales team.GWEN M.Read the full review
  • The price is high but that's the only negative.Emily Y.Read the full review
  • Desperate people and companies that need the money because they consider each sale as one and done will never allow such.Bruce E.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

Hassle-Free email service

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-04-13

So far we've had a great experience with the platform. 10/10 would recommend for the promotional products industry.

Pros
Good customer service. Emails are scheduled for you. Able to see client interactions. iOS App and reports

Cons
Reporting could improve but the basics are there.

Response from OutboundEngine

We are glad that you had a great experience with the platform. We love helping our customers achieve their goals and provide them with the best customer experience possible. Thank you for your comment regarding reporting. We are truly interested in hearing constructive feedback and try to remain productive in implementing changes. Thank you again for your review!

Sarah West

Superior Customer Service and Straightforward Program

Reviewed 2020-06-19

Pros
Superior customer service team, and the program itself is very easy to use! I've had no issues so far and the customer service team is always available when I need them. The program has saved me a ton of time with writing content; since I'm running my company alone (for the most part) I don't always have time to generate content, update social media, or reply to clients. OutboundEngine does all that for me!

Cons
I honestly don't have anything negative to say about this company or software. It's been super helpful.

Response from OutboundEngine

Thank you for leaving such a positive review about our service! We are thrilled that you found our customer service team and the program superior. Here at OBE, we take pride in saving our clients time and money by providing them with high-quality content for their marketing channels. Thank you for taking your time to highlight this on your review. Please let us know if you ever need assistance in the future.
Best regards,

Bruce Elliott

Stay Away...very expensive for simply sending out basic emails

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-11-21

Terrible.

Pros
Professional looking. Nothing more. Rep did not even know how to import more than half of my database and told me I had to manually enter each address.

Cons
First one must understand the salesperson will tell you repeatedly upfront the service is monthly and you can stop whenever you would like. Once you join and try to cancel then you suddenly are told you have a yearly service. Their are monthly programs but NOT yours. Secondly, the service is sophomoric at best and simply a blank template sent to YUOR database twice a month for hundreds of dollars a month that you apparently can’t cancel for 1 year. Third and finally, this is supposedly for real estate professionals. If so, then it is understand this is a relationship business and as a professional I must bring value to my customers and the day I don’t they can cancel. I have had customers cancel for various reasons and have come back for the simple fact I allowed them to cancel and that I bring value and honesty to them. Desperate people and companies that need the money because they consider each sale as one and done will never allow such. Governor yourself wisely. I would suggest look elsewhere.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Ben Williams

Professional, customizable content

Reviewed 2020-07-08

It's being used in our marketing department to lighten the load of the marketing team and make sure we stay in touch with our clients even when things are tight and we don't have a lot of time. The content is relevant and customers seem to enjoy it. We've been able to customize the content around feedback we get from clients, which has been really helpful, since we're able to know what they want.

Pros
I love the appearance of the content, it's very professional. My clients seem to be interested and the content is relevant to our target market. I also like how the campaigns can be customized, that way we can make sure our content is what our clients want.

Cons
It's a little bit costly for what you're getting, but I think it's overall worth it.

Response from OutboundEngine

Thank you for your valuable review! We are thrilled that you and your clients found our content to be relevant, enjoyable and professional. We are here to help you effortlessly connect with your target audience and impress them with top-notch content. Please reach out if you need any assistance in the future.

Anna James

Helps me stay engaged with clients

Reviewed 2020-03-24

Pros
Great for keeping my social media feeds active and staying engaged with my database. I thought the articles and content was the best out of my options and want to save time. I really like the content of the material and the fact that my content is unique to my clients.

Cons
Nothing, I really have enjoyed everything about it.

Response from OutboundEngine

Thank you for leaving a positive review. We are thrilled that our product helps you to stay engaged with your clients and that you found our content to be the best out there! Here at OBE, we take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals with our high quality products and services. Thank you for being a valuable customer.

Danielle Fernandez

Good program for email blasts

Reviewed 2018-04-08

Helpful with my newsletter blasts

Pros
The feature to see how many people opened and/or clicked on my newsletters give me the ability to see what my clients are interested in.

Cons
The design capabilities seem limited. I would prefer it to give me more abilities to customize my newsletters.

Response from OutboundEngine

Hi Danielle,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with OutboundEngine! While we do use a template to guide email newsletter creation, we have a few options in the application to allow you to customize them. Feel free to contact our customer success team from 8 am - 6 pm M-F CST at 888-988-5526 or support@outboundengine.com -- they'd love to help!

Thanks,
OutboundEngine
(888) 988-5526
support@outboundengine.com

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Bill VanBrederode

People there are great. Used customer service several times with very high service every time.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-03

Content for my social media and a newsletter email for my clients.

Pros

Cons
You cannot customize the content. It would be useful to have some more control of the details of the content.

Response from OutboundEngine

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We are glad you were satisfied with our email marketing and social media services. We are a growing company and your feedback is extremely valuable so we can continually improve our services.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Melissa Williams

Quality and Innovative Newsletters

Reviewed 2020-02-25

Pros
Outboundengine provides quality and innovative newsletters; I don't have the time to generate quality content because my clients often take away my focus from marketing for my own company. Interaction with OBE staff was relatively easy and I liked the product offerings. The newsletter quality allows me to customize pieces of it with my own editorial content.

Cons
Price. Not cheap.

Response from OutboundEngine

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with OutboundEngine! We strive to deliver the highest quality of service for the best price. We are glad you were satisfied with our customer service and newsletter quality. Please reach out if you need any assistance in the future.

Natalie Anderson

Streamlined Marketing Done for Me

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-07-09

Pros
It's very user-friendly and I feel comfortable using it. My account manager was very helpful and the implementation went smoothly. It does all of my marketing tasks practically for me, which is terrific! My clients enjoy the content and many have even reached out to me about it.

Cons
Not many cons to discuss! Ideally, the price would be lower.

Response from OutboundEngine

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your positive feedback! Here at OBE, we strive to provide our customers with the best service to take marketing efforts off your shoulders. We are glad that you enjoyed your interactions with your account manager and that your clients appreciate the content we produce. Thank you for being a valued customer. Please reach out to us if you have any questions in the future.

Emily Young

Social media freelance consulting

Reviewed 2020-01-19

It helps me reach new and existing clients without having to hire more employees. This is very beneficial as an independent consultant and small business owner.

Pros
It has helped me automate my outreach and some of my social media tactics. I can reach more potential clients for my freelance/independent consulting social media business without having to hire additional employees. It's easy to use and customer service people are readily available.

Cons
The price is high but that's the only negative.

Response from OutboundEngine

Response:
Thanks for sharing! We're glad you enjoyed your experience with OutboundEngine. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at feedback@outboundengine.com.

Heather Brummels

Great Program that creates our newsletters for us!

Reviewed 2016-05-05

Outbound Engine creates our newsletters for us, giving us time to take care of business. Newsletters look professional and content is all relevant to our insurance business.

Phoebe Smith

Greatly Improved Client Communication

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-02-24

Pros

Cons
The price is high but I think that it's worth the cost to automate a lot of my client communication.

Response from OutboundEngine

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review for OutboundEngine! We strive to deliver the highest quality of service that saves our clients time and improves their results. We are glad you were satisfied with our services and products. Please reach out if you need any assistance in the future.

bobby c

great social media tool

Reviewed 2016-10-04

Great social media tool. It makes managing my social media posts and interactions easy and automated.

Shelley Hipps

I have helped agents set up and use this program to help them keep up with Social Media posting.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-10-11

Pros
I like that once you set it up you don't really have to think about it much more after that and it automatically sends out content at specified times for you.

Cons
I really do not like that it sends the same content out for different customers, it doesn't let you customize the articles themselves to add you own flair to it either.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

GWEN MOORE

Worst ROI product I’ve Used

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-07-31

Hated every minute...including the pushy sales team.

Pros
For the money I can’t think of anything that works for me.

Cons
Very impersonal. The campaign was to help my career but it is so generic it does not help.

Response from OutboundEngine

While no company is perfect we stand behind our product and our employees and have 10,000 satisfied customers. We are truly interested in hearing constructive feedback but from the tone of this review it appears that this was not a good fit for either of us. Please reach out to us at feedback@outboundengine.com with your further feedback or questions.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10