RoboHead Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
adobe-workfront

I like the organization that it provides for my day to day operations and the ease of reviewing creative.
I most like the easy of use and the overall cost of the product is a great value for all the features you receive.
We are very please with the functionality of Robohead. It's very easy to use and the support from the Robohead team is great.
Also mobile functionality is a major weakness for a marketing managers who are on the road and not always in front of a computer. I feel severely handcuffed if I have to do anything in RH on mobile.
We have several older, blue-collar men on our sales and national teams so the user experience and not having an app is a trip up for them (they refuse to use it).
Strange things to omit from an other remarkably user-friendly interface.

DB

Diane B.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Marketing Traffic Manager

In my role as administrator and marketing traffic manager, I have used Robohead in all its versions since 2011, while at two different companies. Robohead gives me the tools I need to do my job in overseeing all the department's projects, deadlines, resources, and tasks, from start to finish. The basic construct of the project is very good. Functionality, we're able to categorize a job as a request...

Pros

Flexibility - you allow the user (administrator) to easily manipulate the system to suit our needs.

Cons

No connection between task predecessors and tasks displayed in My Work. Users don't look at the bigger picture, so if a job is running behind there is no way for them to know that unless they go into the project itself. Most users rely on My Work, and that doesn't always sync up with reality. Requires manual intervention by someone to always be manipulating the tasks.

DW

Darcey W.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

RoboHead is a valuable project management tool

If you've got a guide sheet when you first begin using it, or a few training sessions, it's easy to get accustomed to it. Once you know your way around, it really is a valuable tool for your workplace.

Pros

It's so integrated with the teams working on the project. Everyone knows the status of the project, who's working on what, what tasks are completed, and if the project is on its timeline for completion. Love that it keeps me organized with task reminders.

Cons

It's dependent on the people who use it. If one person habitually doesn't update their tasks or ignores the reminders...it can delay the project's progress.

NS

Nicole S.

Building Materials, 501-1,000 employees

Robohead

Robohead has made some great updates over the past two years. I still find it to be a little clunky and feel that it could be more aesthetically pleasing, but overall it's a good tool.

Pros

I really like the review tool - they just made some great updates that allow you to attach photos to your comments which is really helpful!

Cons

I really struggle with the reporting feature. We have found it very difficult to get the data we need out of the system.

501-1,000 employees

While at first it can seem convoluted, once you dig in deep, you will realize how feature-rich it is

Pros

What I like most is how detailed you can be on every project. The ability to divide projects on multiple levels (from campaigns to individual projects to individual tasks) and gate them based on what task has been completed is incredibly helpful. Also, the reviews section is set up in such a way that makes collaboration very easy (the ability to compare and contrast multiple versions of a document along with their related comments makes it very easy to track changes and make new revisions)

Cons

The interface is not incredibly attractive, and when first getting used to the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. If there are a lot of people making notes on a project, it can be kind of difficult to follow the hierarchy of the thread (It would be better if you could organize notes by users).

JS

Joseph S.

Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees

A Generally Positive Experience using RoboHead

It's been a positive experience overall!

Pros

It's very easy to add and edit tasks. We are able to switch roles and responsibilities on projects easily between designated users.

Cons

It's important because we do pre-production work on many projects at the same time. It would be nice to have a better unified way of viewing "My Work" where projects were grouped together in a clear way. as it stands it's just a huge task list and it's hard to tell which task belongs to which project, even if you sort by "job" number. It would be nice if this information was presented in a clearer way.

gf

gwen f.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Help keep our team focused and on track

Helps to keep track of priorities, deadlines, and who is involved. Makes us to be accountable.

Pros

Easy to set up and learn; keeps us on track; love the ability to make edits and share with the entire team

Cons

If team members do not pay attention, they can easily turn to using email again for approval. We also need guidance/training on duplicating past events each year; we seemed to have duplicated the dates as well (deadlines) and then requires us to take time to change them.

KF

Kathryn F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 employees

Creative User

Pros

The built in review tool and the organization of tasks and ease of seeing when tasks are due and what the status of each project is.

Cons

There are technical glitches with links in some documents that disappear once PDF is downloaded.

ek

erin k.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

I love robohead

We keep track of all of our marketing documents for our health plan

Pros

I love all the features especially tagging people in the notes sections

Cons

I think the search tool function could be a bit better, like searching for key terms

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Completely customizable

Pros

I love that you can customize every aspect of RoboHead. We were able to streamline many processes by department because of the customization offering. The amount of robust features within RoboHead is amazing, more than I can ever imagine using, but I love that the options are there.

Cons

With this being so customizable, there we a TON of work upfront to get it set up and running. With that, not all of the customization is straight forward, so a lot of trial and error giving us a clunky start to rolling this out to the team.

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to hear that RoboHead is helping your team streamline your processes. Regarding the amount of time required for customization, please don't hesitate to contact our Support team at RoboHeadSupport@aquent.com or via phone at 888-ROBO-123. We would be happy to help!

PM

Paul M.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Aquent Developer SharePoint

Amazing tool will recommend

Pros

Way to track new projects and add notes to project keep tracking ours

Cons

nothing at all! work for us all the time we do new projects and get notes over email with changes on the projects

JS

Jay S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Robohead is great solution to creative project management.

We were facing a failing software solution and Robohead helped us to quickly get up and running with a PM solution that worked.

Pros

It was very Easy to implement and maintain. Plus the tracking capabilities were awesome.

Cons

Not as customizable as I would like. It was difficult to integrate our custom numbering system.

Thanks for the kind words, Jay! We greatly appreciate having ITW Global Brands as part of the RoboHead family! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team regarding any customization issues you experience. We're always ready to help! Cheers! - The RoboHead Team

JJ

Joshua J.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Way Better than Lotus Notes!

It's great!

Pros

The in-browser usage and cloud storage is unbeatable. There are a lot of helpful tools and info visualization options. I really appreciate that the job information fields are customizable by user so I can see my job queue based on the details relevant to me, rather than the default details that someone else has decided are relevant. The robust search features is a major plus for people trying to track down details about an old job or looks for trends among incoming work.

Cons

There are certain aspects that feel unfinished, or at least unpolished. Basic aspects of the interface that you would expect from a browser-based systems to include at the beta stage. Things like being able to open a job in a new tab for easy cross-referencing (instead of having to open a second tab, goto robohead, and then find the thing you want to reference there) or even just opening a job by clicking on it (instead of having the click on a drop-down menu and click on "open project"). Strange things to omit from an other remarkably user-friendly interface.

Thanks for the review and input, Josh. Our goal is to make RoboHead as user-friendly as possible, so your feedback has been passed along to the product team. Thanks!

SG

Stephen G.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Experience has been great overall. Great technical support!

Pros

One of the main things about this program that set it apart from others we vetted was the scheduling as well as reviewing capabilities.

Cons

- Could be more robust markup features/tools in the Review (ex: Adobe markup capability) - There are too many ways to do/view the same thing such as say Setting a Task status, this becomes confusing to a lot of users because the mark a review complete and think that they have completed their task but they still need to clear their task as a predecessor - The Tabs on the left (ex: Campaigns, Notes, Reviews) should be customizable viewing like other columns - The Priority list View in My Work should have dynamic column headings to sort tasks by due date like it is able to do in Sort ListView not just dragging and moving tasks into position

KR

Keith R.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

You will not be disappointed with RoboHead!

Pros

Definitely ease of us and it probably has one of the greatest and most in depth support resources.

Cons

Template building can be a little complex.

KN

Karol N.

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Keeps me on track, eliminates email madness

As a marcom manager, I work with various vendors to accomplish our project work. Before Robohead it was a constant email search to find the latest version attachment or refresh my memory on project status. Robohead is easy and flexible - you can develop a highly detailed campaign brief or simply open a project and associate tasks, receiving an email reminder at due date. When you're juggling numerous projects and priorities, it's great to have a one-stop destination to refresh on project status and do easy on-line reviews of work in progress. My designers won't start work on a project without a Robohead entry! I've used Basecamp - which is a great solution, but Robohead is so easy and accessible and a bargain for the price.

Pros

Ease, flexibility of use Love the review mode - make revisions and the vendor is alerted Can share reviews across the team without forwarding attachments Eliminates need for email attachments and finding most recent version Love the library where even very large final files can be uploaded and shared

Cons

I've had some issues with functionality (not saving the content of a project summary) but believe it to be browser-related vs. Robohead platform

DS

Dave S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001-10,000 employees

Powerful project management tool that generally speaking, is usually easy to navigate through.

Better organization and coordination of all our projects, with a wide variety of options on how to effectively and efficiently manage everything.

Pros

There are a wealth of features and functionalities in this software that allow the user to customize their experience and adapt to their specific needs. Projects, tasks, notes, files and more facets of each project can all be setup, controlled, monitored and navigated to optimize everyone's workloads and project statuses.

Cons

Because of the expansive options available, there can sometimes be almost too many checkboxes or options that aren't always the most intuitive or user-friendly to navigate through. I've had a few experiences where I'm looking for something that appears to be pretty basic, and when I mention it to our Project Leader, the response is "Oh...you need to check this here and then it will work". So there's definitely a learning curve involved, but probably not all that different than most similar softwares.

AW

Andrew W.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ongoing updates

We started in 2014 with RH and watched grow, improving in look and overall functionality. It has been instrumental in project development and through reporting, demonstrated and resulting in allowing resource additions.

Pros

Robohead is constantly reviewing and updating the system - keeping it in line with user needs. Support is second to none - prompt, understandable, personal, and thorough.

Cons

The system could use:1) more direct capability for waterfall and agile workflows2) better absence from office task assigning (temporary delegate)

AC

Alison C.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

Spire

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been amazing through the exploration and implementation process - knowledgeable, responsive and just a pleasure to work with. We're just getting into use of the system, and we can already see how it is going to benefit our team.

Pros

Project initiation, project job jacket, schedule, proofing, task management and reporting all in one place.

Cons

The notes section is a bit cumbersome and difficult to sort through. Filters don't stay in place once you log out. Text is very small, file attachment icon is very small, no ability to bold, use italics, underline, use bullets in messages. Also, need to be able to add titles to specific discussion threads created in notes to provide clear and easy collaboration about targeted topics. Overall, we wish the notes space could function more like discussion threads in Basecamp - we feel this would be a big benefit for all of your users.

MC

Mark C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

My RoboHead Review

It accomplishes the task of allowing us to communicate amongst ourselves on a singular tool all whole being able to see the assets that are being discussed.

Pros

- A great way for our Creative Team & Marketing Team to collaborate on projects, leave notes, edits, etc. - Very excel-like in the sense of how the important details of the jobs (due dates, submission dates, deploy dates) are all listed upfront for the user to see

Cons

- When systematic changes are done on the back end it can have ripple effects across all jobs, therefore forcing job owners to resubmit jobs again - Things are bucketed in ways where they can all live in the same space if need be so the user doesn' have to hop tab to tab.

LB

Lindsey B.

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Robohead is the best!

Pros

Robohead is very user friendly. It is a great tool to keep track of work, with many other benefits, like reporting tools. The customer service is a 10/10. They are readily available for help, and really take into consideration our needs and enhancement requests.

Cons

There is not much that I dont like about Robohead. Sometimes, the schedule gantt chart views will be a little glitchy, but nothing that affects our day to day workflow.

CS

Chelsea S.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Robohead Review

Easy to use tool.

Pros

Dashboard is very helpful to see all projects at a high level and where they are all at in the process.

Cons

I wish you could take reviews and download the edits into pdf.

Thanks for the review, Chelsea, and for the product feedback! Regarding your feedback, we will be releasing a feature that will allow Reviews with annotations to be downloaded along with the edits and feedback. You'll have to let us know what you think once it's released (which will be before the new year!). Cheers!

RB

Robert B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

Best of the Best

Timing and scheduling deadlines

Pros

We average about 4600 project requests a year. Robohead keeps our projects on time and well organized. The scheduling of projects is critical to meet all our deadlines. We miss less than 1 percent of our deadlines because of the software.

Cons

We use most of the features and have no least favorites. Robohead updates the site very often giving users a better experience regularly.

LD

Lauren D.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Highly recommend

Pros

Robohead has been critical to the success of our department and my own work. I love how it can be customized for our team. I don't know how I'd work without it. It's an integral part of our team's effectiveness.

Cons

Sometimes, page loading can be slow. Other than that, I really don't have many complaints.

RP

Rachel P.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Best project management tool for in-house design team

Pros

Some of the best features of RoboHead are the ability to track all comments, edits, approvals in one place by project; the archive of projects for future reference; and the ability to share reviews for approval/feedback with external partners and resources.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that would be a con for this software.

KR

Kevin R.

Robohead has been super beneficial!

Pros

Robohead has helped us make organizational decisions about staffing already, and it's solidified our billing structure, shoring up losses that we were having due to a horrible process. It's also allowed us to better evaluate how many hours on average our projects take so that we can do a better job of assigning tasks and helping each other out, which has resulted in a better team culture and improved morale.

Cons

The request features, while practical, aren't visually customizable beyond having a logo in place. Our clients are accustomed to having visual aides and samples of what they're ordering, and that isn't an option with Robohead at this time.