RoboHead Reviews

RoboHead

Marketing project management tool

4.48/5 (50 reviews)

Pros
  • Customer service is great. We use Robohead for around 50 projects in any given time frame and it helps up stay coordinated, on time, and up to date with our progress, communication, and scheduling.erika z.Read the full review
  • The file review process is so nice, especially if you have many reviewers, Robohead put all the comments into one file and that help us save a lot of time and be more efficient.Alexander M.Read the full review
  • Robohead has been wonderful thus far and I can't say enough good things about their customer service team.Leah M.Read the full review
Cons
  • The majority of software companies have this same problem. They think they have enough input on the new "update" but they don't and they jump in based on goals and deadlines instead of asking.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Requestors complain that they cannot see more of the project details, particularly the task details.Jessa F.Read the full review
  • It was difficult to integrate our custom numbering system.Jay S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jeff Wert

Best project management software for mid-sized business

Reviewed 2019-01-19

Used greatly in our entire marketing department to handle creative projects. Robohead allowed our creative team to function very much as a full-fledged marketing agency.

Pros
Ease of use, great communicating tools internally and easily scaleable.

Cons
Took quite some time to iron out the bugs and make the software work for our purposes.

Diane Bair

Marketing Traffic Manager

Reviewed 2017-03-03

In my role as administrator and marketing traffic manager, I have used Robohead in all its versions since 2011, while at two different companies. Robohead gives me the tools I need to do my job in overseeing all the department's projects, deadlines, resources, and tasks, from start to finish. The basic construct of the project is very good. Functionality, we're able to categorize a job as a request or project, and to easily identify whether it's active or archived. All our projects are entered here, and all related files are attached to their projects. The library is a place where we store the most sought-after assets. I customize reports to suit the needs of our three weekly project meetings. Fortunately there is enough flexibility built into the filtering that we can always generate a meaningful report, or at least one that serves as a baseline, a starting point. To me, the key is defining your project fields such that you can sort, filter, and report out on the most important information you manager or associates would ever need. One of the biggest selling points for us is the review process and its related functionality. It gave us the platform to reach out beyond our internal marketing group to other teams in the company or elsewhere, and to be able to capture everyone's input in one space. The notification process has gone a long way in making Robohead as functionally practical as it is. I think it might still be a little too complicated, but it's an effective communication and audit tool in the system. No software is perfect, however we appreciate that the developers are continually working on Robohead. What would make the application incredible is dynamic scheduling of some typeWhen schedules get behind, it takes considerable task management on my part to ensure that due dates in everyone's My Work are updated and meaningful. Also, I'd like to see one function return'actual versus projected task due dates.

Pros
Flexibility - you allow the user (administrator) to easily manipulate the system to suit our needs.

Cons
No connection between task predecessors and tasks displayed in My Work. Users don't look at the bigger picture, so if a job is running behind there is no way for them to know that unless they go into the project itself. Most users rely on My Work, and that doesn't always sync up with reality. Requires manual intervention by someone to always be manipulating the tasks.

Jay Simmons

Robohead is great solution to creative project management.

Reviewed 2019-11-11

We were facing a failing software solution and Robohead helped us to quickly get up and running with a PM solution that worked.

Pros
It was very Easy to implement and maintain. Plus the tracking capabilities were awesome.

Cons
Not as customizable as I would like. It was difficult to integrate our custom numbering system.

Response from Aquent

Thanks for the kind words, Jay! We greatly appreciate having ITW Global Brands as part of the RoboHead family!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team regarding any customization issues you experience. We're always ready to help!

Cheers!
- The RoboHead Team

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

The most confusing project management software

Reviewed 2019-01-18

Robohead makes me want to chuck my computer out of the window.

Pros
Almost nothing except for the review functionality.

Cons
Nothing is user friendly, shifting tasks makes no sense and my team and I constantly have to go in and manually adjust things. Glitchy and finicky. We have had three meetings in two months to go over how to use this software and every time something goes wrong during the demo. THREE meetings with all the same people because literally everyone has something go wrong when they submit a project.

Response from Aquent

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you've had such an unfortunate experience with our project management software.

We would be happy to help address the issues you have been experiencing. Would you please contact us at roboheadsupport@aquent.com so that we may assist?

Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We look forward to hearing from you.

- The RoboHead Team

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Alexander Monge

Great tool for a daily project management use

Reviewed 2018-11-13

RoboHead is our main project management tool, it is easy to use once you had all your forms set-up. We were able to import all our data from our previous management tool which has thousands of project information since 2001.

Pros
I like the wide arrange of options RoboHead has. We had been using it for a couple of years and still finding new things we can do with it. The file review process is so nice, especially if you have many reviewers, Robohead put all the comments into one file and that help us save a lot of time and be more efficient. You can control all the aspect of the review process on one screen (who has replied, how many comment you had received, due date, reminders, notes, etc.).

Cons
We can't customize how a form result is printed. You get an excel file that has to be formatted and that is very time consuming.

Michelle Pelham

I really could not do my job without the help of RoboHead.

Reviewed 2018-04-04

It allows me to be the very best at what I do. I have come to rely very heavily on the notifications from RH to keep things moving.

Pros
I like that what I see, how I see it and when I see it is up to me. Notifications based on preferences is awesome! Auto notifications help me stay on top of 100+ projects at all times. Also RoboHead has the best help feature I've ever encountered. If you can't find the answer or a video about your question, the help desk team is extremely responsive to questions and will always keep you posted on their progress.

Cons
The one thing I think is missing is that you can't connect a task to the actual action to be auto completed. For example, if you have a task to approve a review and you do click "approve all" it would be great if the task was automatically marked complete.

Stephen Gil

Experience has been great overall. Great technical support!

Reviewed 2018-05-17

Pros
One of the main things about this program that set it apart from others we vetted was the scheduling as well as reviewing capabilities.

Cons
- Could be more robust markup features/tools in the Review (ex: Adobe markup capability) - There are too many ways to do/view the same thing such as say Setting a Task status, this becomes confusing to a lot of users because the mark a review complete and think that they have completed their task but they still need to clear their task as a predecessor - The Tabs on the left (ex: Campaigns, Notes, Reviews) should be customizable viewing like other columns - The Priority list View in My Work should have dynamic column headings to sort tasks by due date like it is able to do in Sort ListView not just dragging and moving tasks into position

Mark Cameron Jr

My RoboHead Review

Reviewed 2019-07-31

It accomplishes the task of allowing us to communicate amongst ourselves on a singular tool all whole being able to see the assets that are being discussed.

Pros
- A great way for our Creative Team & Marketing Team to collaborate on projects, leave notes, edits, etc. - Very excel-like in the sense of how the important details of the jobs (due dates, submission dates, deploy dates) are all listed upfront for the user to see

Cons
- When systematic changes are done on the back end it can have ripple effects across all jobs, therefore forcing job owners to resubmit jobs again - Things are bucketed in ways where they can all live in the same space if need be so the user doesn' have to hop tab to tab.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Geri Anderson

RoboHead Use in Marketing Department

Reviewed 2019-06-26

We are using RoboHead to garner data on types of projects, number of projects and time efficiencies.

Pros
User friendly - easy to adapt. The customer service is awesome.

Cons
Some flaws in the system - but I believe the company is always willing to help and listen to suggestions on enhancements.

Alan Ferguson

Great for marketing and design teams!

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Good, clean project management

Pros
Easy to use "badges" (like on iOS apps) shows you how many items you're working on, or how many items need to be reviewed. Integrates with email seamlessly. Solid project management platform for design teams or marketers alike.

Cons
EXCEL SPREADSHEETS (if you've ever heard of those) are not supported for Markup View in Review mode! Had to do a double take on that one. Such an intuitive and organized project management tool, except for that glaring oversight.

Andrew Williams

Project Management and More

Reviewed 2017-02-06

Robohead not only acts as a solid project management tool, but the benefits of reporting has been instrumental in supporting the need for justifying new staff in addition to demonstrating work volume by department teams and team members. When all embrace the system, it allows for consistent workflow that keeps project moving smoothly. While no system replaces communication, Robohead provides functionality that allows for collaboration, documentation, approvals, archive retrieval, searching and other processes instrumental in a successful workflow. When issues occur, the support team is prompt to respond and speaks in easy-to-understand language to resolve the issue.

Pros
Reporting capabilities Review functionality Having notes snyc with emails

Cons
Customizing Task schedules (adding or removing Tasks and inefficiencies) Having no way to assign delegates for team members during absences

Ann Buice

Great for a Marketing and Communications Team

Reviewed 2017-02-13

Our team has used Robohead for over 5 years and we are expanding it to multiple teams. Its easy to implement and very flexible to set it up for the needs of your unique processes. Its the right blend of easy to train and use - yet has enough depth to manage a team and multiple projects at once. Reports give you visibility to your work and options to measure it. It's pricing plan is affordable. My biggest kudos go to my account manager - who is always responsive to my needs and the support team who respond immediately. I would recommend this software to anyone that needs to turn chaos into organization.

Pros
Ease of setup, ease of training and ability to customize to your unique needs

Cons
Would like a few more enhancements and communications about upcoming enhancements in the pipeline

Melissa Clark

Best Project Management Tool Out There for Creative and Marketing Teams!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I've been using Robohead for over 10 years now. During that time, we've looked at other PM platforms just to make sure we were keeping up with the times but no other option has ever compared to Robohead's ease of use, functionality, intuitive interface, and customer support team. The tool is really easy to use, even for new associates. Any program like this takes some getting used to but the learning curve on using Robohead is really short. On a daily basis we have over 200 projects in Robohead, so needless to say we need a tool like this to keep everything on-track. Robohead is the tool that keeps us organized and productive. We never have issues with the program itself and when ever questions arise, the customer support team at Robohead is super knowledgeable and very responsive. If you're looking for a PM tool for your Creative or Marketing team, Robohead is your best bet!

Pros
ease of use, reporting

Anonymous

While at first it can seem convoluted, once you dig in deep, you will realize how feature-rich it is

Reviewed 2018-04-19

Pros
What I like most is how detailed you can be on every project. The ability to divide projects on multiple levels (from campaigns to individual projects to individual tasks) and gate them based on what task has been completed is incredibly helpful. Also, the reviews section is set up in such a way that makes collaboration very easy (the ability to compare and contrast multiple versions of a document along with their related comments makes it very easy to track changes and make new revisions)

Cons
The interface is not incredibly attractive, and when first getting used to the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. If there are a lot of people making notes on a project, it can be kind of difficult to follow the hierarchy of the thread (It would be better if you could organize notes by users).

Great for Marketing Groups

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Pros
Accountability for your team, web based, easy to use. Customizable & flexible. Customer support is quick and responsive.

Cons
This last update changed the way the Dashboard and Product detail pages look (format and layout) I really don't like the new look and it's harder to read and find what I need. I would go back to the older version in a heartbeat. Changing something for the sake of change is not a reason to make changes. The majority of software companies have this same problem. They think they have enough input on the new "update" but they don't and they jump in based on goals and deadlines instead of asking. DO WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS? WHY AND IS IT BETTER THAN BEFORE?

Karol Norie

Keeps me on track, eliminates email madness

Reviewed 2017-02-07

As a marcom manager, I work with various vendors to accomplish our project work. Before Robohead it was a constant email search to find the latest version attachment or refresh my memory on project status. Robohead is easy and flexible - you can develop a highly detailed campaign brief or simply open a project and associate tasks, receiving an email reminder at due date. When you're juggling numerous projects and priorities, it's great to have a one-stop destination to refresh on project status and do easy on-line reviews of work in progress. My designers won't start work on a project without a Robohead entry! I've used Basecamp - which is a great solution, but Robohead is so easy and accessible and a bargain for the price.

Pros
Ease, flexibility of use Love the review mode - make revisions and the vendor is alerted Can share reviews across the team without forwarding attachments Eliminates need for email attachments and finding most recent version Love the library where even very large final files can be uploaded and shared

Cons
I've had some issues with functionality (not saving the content of a project summary) but believe it to be browser-related vs. Robohead platform

Dave Scheuerman

Powerful project management tool that generally speaking, is usually easy to navigate through.

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Better organization and coordination of all our projects, with a wide variety of options on how to effectively and efficiently manage everything.

Pros
There are a wealth of features and functionalities in this software that allow the user to customize their experience and adapt to their specific needs. Projects, tasks, notes, files and more facets of each project can all be setup, controlled, monitored and navigated to optimize everyone's workloads and project statuses.

Cons
Because of the expansive options available, there can sometimes be almost too many checkboxes or options that aren't always the most intuitive or user-friendly to navigate through. I've had a few experiences where I'm looking for something that appears to be pretty basic, and when I mention it to our Project Leader, the response is "Oh...you need to check this here and then it will work". So there's definitely a learning curve involved, but probably not all that different than most similar softwares.

Chelsea Koontz

Project management is difficult. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Reviewed 2017-02-10

In the best of times, project management requires tracking down absent deliverables, analyzing data to predict when things will be done, and communicating information to stakeholders so they don't make your life miserable with aggressive update requests. RoboHead helps you multitask like a pro -- even if you aren't one. The Gantt chart view has had a relatively long run as a project management tool, but RoboHead makes utilizing it a breeze. To illustrate project completion dates, progress, and milestones, as well as dependencies, RoboHead's better equipped for managing at a zoomed-out, project level. I could go on, but I'm an unpaid spokesperson (hint: send a Starbucks giftcard my way).

Pros
Ease of use, all-inclusive features

Cons
Almost too many features! Would like to see @mentions in reviews.

Marketing Made Easy

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Pros
I have been using RoboHead for almost 2 years now and I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best marketing management tools out there. It really does provide a clean and intuitive place to manage multiple projects from start to finish and makes viewing each life cycle simple. The reporting feature is fairly robust; however, I am I am able to export data into a variety of places as I also work a lot with other reports in Excel and Access.

Cons
Although the reporting works well enough, there ought to be more flexibility with the data that is used for reporting as well as customizable templates. More often than not, I need to export data into Excel to create customized graphs for use in more finely tuned reports.

Andrew Ross

Great Project Management System and Form Tool

Reviewed 2017-02-01

We've been using Robohead for over 10 years now for project management and the customizable form tool. Their products have evolved over time and are a great resource for teams and businesses trying to track projects, accept project requests, and manage time in an effective manner. The customer support is also great - they are very quick to respond and always have the answer.

Pros
Robust tool for form building and online project management

Cons
Some features for the form building that would enhance the user experience would be ability to make multi page forms, put form field side-by-side instead of just below each other, and ability to modify multiple projects.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Maile Widman

Big or small team you need Robohead

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Pros
There is not a piece of functionality I can think of that this software doesn't have! With the ability to completely cater and restructure tasks, projects, campaigns, requests, and reviews Robohead helps our team be completely transparent in what we're doing, where we are, and what we've accomplished while also helping us determine where our speed bumps are within any given project.

Cons
It is definitely overwhelming at first when getting acquainted with the software. There are some tasks that in a way I wish could be assigned to the same person instead of making redundant tasks, but that could also be where we need to make adjustments to how we operate as a team.

Completely customizable

Reviewed 2019-03-14

Pros
I love that you can customize every aspect of RoboHead. We were able to streamline many processes by department because of the customization offering. The amount of robust features within RoboHead is amazing, more than I can ever imagine using, but I love that the options are there.

Cons
With this being so customizable, there we a TON of work upfront to get it set up and running. With that, not all of the customization is straight forward, so a lot of trial and error giving us a clunky start to rolling this out to the team.

Response from Aquent

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to hear that RoboHead is helping your team streamline your processes.

Regarding the amount of time required for customization, please don't hesitate to contact our Support team at RoboHeadSupport@aquent.com or via phone at 888-ROBO-123. We would be happy to help!

erika zarzecki

RoboHead Review

Reviewed 2017-02-07

Customer service is great! We use Robohead for around 50 projects in any given time frame and it helps up stay coordinated, on time, and up to date with our progress, communication, and scheduling!

Pros
Easy to use for communication. Easy to train new users on. Works well to send review areas, and communicate timelines. Strong reporting capabilities.

Cons
Would like to have better support for Power point presentations, out of office scheduling.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

A well thoughtout program that is great for sharing and organizing projects

Reviewed 2018-04-19

Pros
I use this daily for my company and it has been a far superior way to keep track of projects. My favorite part is the reviews section that clients can leave over projects so that revisions can be made. It was made project management fast and hassle-free.

Cons
The interface can be overwhelming at first. It can also be hard to find some customizations tools hidden behind drop-down menus. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing UI compared to other programs. I also wish there was a chat interface inside sorta like slack.

Kevin Rhatican

Robohead has been super beneficial!

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
Robohead has helped us make organizational decisions about staffing already, and it's solidified our billing structure, shoring up losses that we were having due to a horrible process. It's also allowed us to better evaluate how many hours on average our projects take so that we can do a better job of assigning tasks and helping each other out, which has resulted in a better team culture and improved morale.

Cons
The request features, while practical, aren't visually customizable beyond having a logo in place. Our clients are accustomed to having visual aides and samples of what they're ordering, and that isn't an option with Robohead at this time.