TXT180 Reviews

4.71/5 (258 reviews)

Amy Fall

Staying booked

Reviewed 2019-07-16

As a massage practice and I'm sure other service related industries clients cancel last minute all the time. I get booked 2 weeks to a month ahead and have lost customers because they can't plan that far in advance. Then, when someone cancels last minute, I can't fill the spot. This service allows me to txt clients about those open spots and they love it. I'm able to stay booked, keep business going, and my clients love getting the schedule updates for same or next day appointments.

Pros
Loved the ease of use, ability to create message templates, has multiple user logins with limited access for other staff to use, and self refreshes. My customers love getting updates via text.

Cons
I can only get 160 characters per text. I inform my clients of all the available sessions and 160 characters isn't always enough.

Response from TXT180

Thank you for your TXT180 review, Amy! We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear that SMS keeps your appointments booked and helps connect you to your clients. We are adding MMS messages soon which enable you to send graphics and/or longer messages (up to 1,600 characters). Thank you for your business.

Richard Thomas

Awesome

Reviewed 2019-02-01

This mass text service has been a god send. How did I live without it? I am able to contact as many people as I need to. Being in the staffing industry I have several customers that need people at a second's notice. TXT 180 is the mass text service way to go.

Pros
What I like most about the software is that it isn't software. Nothing to download! This is very easy and simple to use.

Cons
TXT 180 only gives you 160 characters to use when writing a single text. You must get creative in text message writing which takes time. Time is more than money. The limited amount of characters is what I like least of all. However, that is my only gripe which says a lot about this SMS Mass Text Service. I highly, highly recommend TXT 180.

Response from TXT180

Thomas, thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! We are happy to hear that our service helps you in your business and we agree and wish that SMS was allowed to send longer text messages. We are hoping that feature will change in the future.

Emily Anderson

Simple to Use

Reviewed 2019-07-22

Reaching customers that may not engage over phone call or email.

Pros
This product is simple to use and customer service is excellent about answering any questions I have.

Cons
Text amounts are in bundles of too few texts or too many. You can add more, but unused messages don't roll over even when they've been paid for. Some features are redundant. Scheduler and drip messaging aren't different enough to warrant them being separate.

Response from TXT180

Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that it is easy to use and that it helps you engage with your customers.

The key difference between Drip Messages and the Scheduler is, by setting up drip messages you will ensure that all contacts receive the same sequence of messages no matter what date they opted in. Such as, day 1 a welcome text and day 5 a link to look at class materials and so on.

The scheduler will only send the message to contacts who are opted in on that date specifically.

Drip messages are great if you want all contacts to receive a certain thread of messages over time. Hope that helps clarify the difference a little better.

We appreciate your business and feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Janna Carroll

Easy to reach our patients.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
I like being able to send messages to multiple people at once. The option of the patient texting to join is better than the staff having to manually enter patient information.

Cons
I do not like the fact of having a limited amount of characters for the messages we need to send. It makes it hard for some to understand what we are trying to say when you have to use short sentences.

Eric Bryant

Been a customer for years

Reviewed 2018-10-31

TXT180 has been a partner for years. They are the underlying infrastructure for our award-winning text to donate service. We've been very happy with their service and the functionality. Overall, it's been a great partnership!

Pros
Probably the customer service. CSR is always helpful and wonderful to work with. She finds a solution to your needs.

Cons
The fact that I cannot change or delete my keywords myself.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

John Fisher

TXT180 has been a great tool. Recently it was updated and made to be extremely user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-04-10

I've been able to communicate to my participants quickly and efficiently.

Pros
It's a great tool to get a message out to a lot of people very quickly. I can sign people up or they can sign themselves up. In addition, it's been great to be able to respond to people who have questions, as they can simply reply and I get an email with their question. Lastly, the price is right! This service could easily be sold for a much high amount! Learning the system was easy and the customer service team has reached out to help on a few occasions.

Cons
I can't say there are any cons. In the first year of using the product, it had it's limitations, but they've updated it and made more of the features user friendly.

Jennifer Heberling

Easy to schedule/send messages

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
Quality product for an awesome price! I would recommended this product to someone who wants a simple, easy to use system.

Cons
The fact that it automatically logs you out after a period of time. I wish we had roll over messages for the monthly subscription as we often remember we need to use them the day after the system replenishes our counts.

Lora Beachy

review

Reviewed 2019-02-15

It has help with employees moral, building great leaders

Pros
It has been very good for each employee. We choose an employee at our Fridays team meeting to share a text received that week. Employees make comments about what the messages say on a regular basis. It has been extremely helpful for our staff. Inspirational messages, leadership messages and team building has all been great.

Cons
We have no cons. The only thing is taking time to im-put the messages.

Response from TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Lora! We are happy to hear that using the software has helped increase employee moral and communication. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Gabe O'Neill

Great Company and Experience

Reviewed 2019-08-05

I am not only gaining business from the use of txt180 but I'm helping others gain business as well.

Pros
I like it because it's reliable it works the way they say it's going to and it's cost-effective. One of my main trigger points is customer service. Their service has out ranked any other company I have been dealing with lately.

Cons
Looking forward to when it supports MMS.

Response from TXT180

Thank you for your TXT180 review, Gabe. We are happy to hear that our customer support has been great and is helping you and others gain business.

We will definitely be launching MMS in October so hold tight as we finish out the programming of this. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you for feedback.

Melanie Foss

Great System!

Reviewed 2019-02-15

Very pleased! Will continue to use for my business and share the website with colleagues.

Pros
It is user friendly even to people like myself who are not tech savvy. I can schedule texts months in advance for birthdays or meetings is super efficient!

Cons
it Would be nice to have more characters per message as I sometimes have to abbreviate a lot of my messages so I’m not sending out 3-4 at a time. When deleting past employees if I’m on page 5 and delete a person I’m forced to go back to page 1 and that becomes very time consuming having to click back and forth between pages.

Response from TXT180

Melanie, thank your for taking the time to review us! We're happy to hear that the service works well for you scheduling things out. We appreciate your feedback on the page jumping. I will forward that over to our development team and see if there is anything we can do to prevent this.

Michael Netherton

Love the marketing value it provides my business

Reviewed 2018-04-12

Pros
I like the fact that I can reach potential and current clients through the services 24 hours a day and they opt in to the service so they do want to hear from us.

Cons
Can't say there is really anything I don't like about the service as it provides us with the tools we need to grow our business if I had to say something I would ask that they give us discounts on additional key words.

Amber Cram

Text marketing has worked really well for our businesses. TXT180 makes it easy.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Huge marketing benefits, being able to reach my list instantly has resulted in being able to drive customers to our door within the hour. A lot higher results seen with this vs. email, print, or social marketing.

Pros
Easy to use once I got it going. I like being able to use it online or through the app when I'm on the go. I feel that all of the contacts I'm gaining with our text clubs are MUCH more valuable than my email lists due largely to knowing most of them are getting read. I looked at many of the other text marketing companies before choosing and their dash is a lot easier to navigate than the others. Definitely recommend.

Cons
As a new user, getting started doing text marketing was a little confusing and knowing where to go in the dash for certain things took a minute to get familiar with but between the videos and live chat, it was easy to get figured out.

Response from TXT180

Thank you for your comments we are so happy you love our product!

Jamie Dickey

TXT180 works great for our purposes

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-05

We no longer have to call all staff to tell them the office is closed because of weather conditions, one simple text and done.

Pros
This software is extremely easy to use. the primary purpose we use it is to alert staff of snow days and not to report to work. We also use in on occasion to send out reminders for staff events. Although we require staff to complete a form to sign up for the service, they can remove themselves at any time they wish, which means I don't have to manage it with staff turnover.

Cons
We have a couple people that are authorized to send out texts, but there is now way for me to determine who has sent out the texts. This would be very helpful in order to allocate the expenses across departments.

Response from TXT180

Jamie, thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback and I'll add your suggestion to have the texts traceable by user to our tech dept and see if that is a capability we can implement. We're happy to hear it works well for your company.

Anonymous

Excellent customer service

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
Lots of features and easy to use. I like the scheduler and drip message functions. They're customer service is excellent.

Cons
Initial set up of keywords is kind of pricey. Wish they offered weekend customer support. Also wish that I can delete or modify keywords on my own, without having to involve customer support.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Candice Gray

I wouldn’t use anything else

Reviewed 2019-02-01

It’s great to have my clients open my marketing so fast.

Pros
It’s user friendly, and the customer service was great. It’s a great marketing tool for small business.

Cons
I’m not sure still after 3 years of using it all the features. I would love to see sample drip text other businesses use for inspiration.

Response from TXT180

Hi Candice, thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! We are glad that you enjoy the services. We would love to help you understand the features like drip messages better and appreciate that insight to help us know how to better build out the dashboard.

Lisa Amador

Texting-trying to keep up with the changing time

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-07-23

Overall the experience has been positive, so far it has been working for our need and we hope to use it for other programs that will be starting in the fall. Its affordable and we would recommend it to other agencies or businesses to try the free trial you will not be disappointed.

Pros
I liked that it was easy to use, it was very user friendly and if I needed assistance customer service was there to help. It did exactly what is said it would do a it was a great fit for our agency since we are not that to big and the price was just right for our budget.

Cons
The amount of characters that can be typed for each message and that you can not send an emoji in your message.

Response from TXT180

Thank you for your great review, Lisa! We're happy to hear that you have found it to be user-friendly and that it is working well for your business' needs.

We are in the process of adding MMS messages to the service which will allow for the use of media, emojis, and longer character counts (up to 1,600) in October so stay tuned for those features.

We appreciate your business and feedback!

Lisa Preston

Great Texting Software

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Great customer service. Easy to get ahold of on the phone. I enjoy speaking to a person when I have a question.

Pros
This software is easy to use and helps our company reach our customers on a weekly basis using text notifications about specials we have going on that week. I also really like using Templates so week after week i don't have to retype the whole message and only make a few minor changes.

Cons
no problems with software. no complaints to date.

Response from TXT180

Thank you for your TXT180 review, Lisa! We are happy to hear that text is working great for your business' needs.

We appreciate your business and feedback!

Jeff McGovern

It has been a very solid experience with TXT180.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
It is easy to use and they have upgraded multiple features to make it even easier to use over the past year.

Cons
The software is more than adequate. It's easy to use and straightforward. If anything, I wish they were open longer hours and/or on weekends.

Roxie Farina

Easy to use and very reliable!

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
The program is very convenient, and user friendly. I can send a blast message to 100 families in 5 minutes or less. In the event of a weather related emergency TXT180 has saved us hours of phone calls with one simple blast message. Thank you!!

Cons
I wish the program would save my time zone. I do not like having to select EST each time i send a message. I've accidentally hit the wrong time zone before and my messages have been delayed.

Shawn Adams

This software has revolutionized mass-communication at my child care centers!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-09

Ease of mass communication

Pros
I love being able to easily and quickly send important information to all of the enrolled families at my child care centers and preschools. Messages such as phone systems being down or delayed opening due to inclement weather are critical, and this has enabled me to know that I have not missed anybody.

Cons
The software does not interface with one of my local cell phone providers, but it is only a problem for 2 of my 150+ contacts, so NO BIGGIE!

Ticonna Purdle

Easy to use. Once it's setup you can walk away and the system will take care of the rest.

Reviewed 2018-04-06

Pros
The drip system makes this software outstanding. Imagine a client text in to the system and the drip system automatically sends out a text and will repeat as u wish. It's the best. No need to go through emails and sending out reminders. Thanks txt180 will always stay a customer

Cons
None. The system has been working for me the day I signed up. I have been with txt180 for over four years now. Haven't missed a text yet. Thanks

Christy Biggs

FABULOUS Company to Work With

Reviewed 2018-10-31

Pros
Nice and easy - but the best part is the support team. CSR has customer service in her blood. Anything I have ever needed has been simple, easy AND FAST!

Cons
I wasn't thrilled with the password changes, but I understand. :)

callie richards

good but could be better and easier and more advanced

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
easy enough to use. Saves login information and its relatively simple to learn when you first start using.

Cons
no emoji are supported in the text. this is frustrating for sure. i dont know that the plans/pricing are that good.

Courtney Patterson

Very effective software for organizational communication.

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Pros
One of the pros with regards to this software would be its ease of use. I also like how easy it is to setup and begin using. I also enjoy how easy it is to reactivate one's account after it has been deactivated or even cancelled.

Cons
One of the pros with regards to this software would be having to pay a set up fee per keyword. I feel that a minimum fee should exist that includes at least three keywords.

Spage Yee

Full featured text messaging service with easy to use interface.

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
Easy to use, but full function interface Ability to import contacts as a file Ability to group and make subgroups of contacts and use these lists in deploying text messages Lots of functions that are cool, sequential messages, message forwarding, ability to schedule messages.

Cons
Unused credits cannot be "rolled over" Premium charge for easier to remember short code (21000) Otherwise no real complaints