Walls.io Logo

The social wall for websites, events, and digital displays.

Walls.io Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.39/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

nicejob
hubspot-marketing

I love how cost-effective the product is. I love the easy user ability. Wall.io also offers fast customer service to help with any issues you may have which helps the day of use.
So, I had an event in a few days and I was looking for the best way to engage the audience on social media and walls.io came to the rescue. What I love best is the free trial I had.
User generated content is mega important and shows how our community celebrates our effort. Wall.io is the best help to show the community what went on.
My only issue with the software was the fact that one had to use a chatbot to get Facebook messages to post. I do realize that this restriction is a FB issue and not Walls.io.
No time frame for posts, have to manually hide past posts.
With our current plan, each social media channel is limited to five sources.

ST

Ste T.

Law Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

A great way to showcase our social media content

I initially was looking for a tool to showcase our social media content for an international conference we held in London. Our senior management team were so impressed by how it was used at the conference that we decided to purchase a year licence to use the wall on our giant video display in our Central London HQ so that we can now showcase our social media content permanently on our looping playlist. Whenever I have any questions the Walls.IO team are quick to respond and very helpful.

Pros

Love how easy it is to set up, and how you can moderate the content easily too.

Cons

The loading time can sometimes be less than efficient if you have a lot of content to show

Hi Ste, Thank you so much for using Walls.io and for taking the time to share your feedback here. We love to share inspiring stories about what our users achieve with Walls.io. We would love to share your story on our blog in the showcase section too: https://blog.walls.io/category/showcases/. It would be great if you could share some photos of the display you've set up at the London HQ and give us more insights into how you're using it for different events and as a office social board. If you decide to share your story with everyone, just drop me an email. I will be happy to make it happen. All the best, Daniela Turcanu Senior Marketing Manager at Walls.io

LG

Lucy G.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Simple and cost effective

A greater understanding of our social media community. Within it we can share many more experiences than just the ones that we put together as a marketing team. It helps us to understand our audience much better as well.

Pros

Ease of use and excellent value for money makes this piece of kit an easy purchase. It is clear, concise and effective when trying to build your social media community.

Cons

I think their are other platforms that offer similar capability but with better presentation. Colour coding each social media platform for example would be make Walls.io more visually appealing.

Hi Julie, thank you so much for your kind feedback! We are constantly working to improve the visual side of things - color-coding social platforms is certainly a great idea, thanks for that! Best Michael

HV

Harald V.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

costs

Pros

very good experience, that is what we are looking for

Cons

year cost too expensive, otherwise we might take it

Hello Harald, Thank you for your review. We're glad that you had a good experience with Walls.io, We built a stable tool that we maintain and continue to improve every day. We offer a 20% discount on the yearly prices and we're trying to stay competitive and deliver great quality for what we believe is a fair price. We hope that you at least stick with the Walls.io Free plan which also provides great value. All the best, The Walls.io Team

SC

Steven C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Walls.io in ybe public school!

I just love how quick and easy it is to feed into and post

Pros

I love creating an open house environment in the hallways of our school.

Cons

Free software meets our needs. On a 42" monitor, the feed is great!

Hi Steven! Thank you for using Walls.io to bring everyone together at your school. Glad you find it easy to use. We really love the social walls for schools and universities use case. All the best, The Walls.io Team

BB

Brad B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Walls io

Pros

Easy to use. Works well for what I want it to do. I like receiving emails about the usage rate.

Cons

The monthly usage numbers needs to be higher. Daily minimums do not allow to use every day. On a very tight budget!

Hi Brad, Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback here. Regarding the pricing, we offer a 25% discount for all schools and universities. Learn more about our discounts here: https://help.walls.io/en/articles/1388116-eligibility-for-discounts We hope that helps. All the best, The Walls.io Team

NT

Nichelle T.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Great service and product

Walls.io provides a great service by allowing me to integrate my social media platforms with my website. Had a few challenges in setting up but their team was available immediately to assist with troubleshooting the problem. Couldn't ask for better service.

Pros

Quick and easy sign up with a great team of friendly professionals to help.

Cons

If you edit your social media username, it poses a problem for the widget to update. Had to delete and sign up, clear all data from Facebook and re-link Instagram and Facebook.

Hi Nichelle, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here. We're sorry that you had some issues during the setup, but we're happy that our customer success team was there to assist you in a timely manner. We will take your feedback into consideration. Several issues, such as the one you pointed out, are caused by the various social media APIs we are working with. But we know that there's always something to improve also on our side. We're happy to have you as a user of Walls.io. Greetings from Vienna, The Walls.io Team

CT

Chris T.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Good Social Media Wall for Events - 72 hour window, not expensive

Good, inexpensive, quick to set up.

Pros

Ease of setup and use, speed of posts, variety of layouts and options.

Cons

Need a way of saving a wall after the event - PDF, JPG, PNG etc - also: Beware walls.io, public sector has WCAG requirements, and we might not be able to use you in the future if you don't have a VPAT, or do not meet WCAG requirements!

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here. We're glad to hear that you found Walls.io easy to set up and use at your event. We passed the feedback regarding exports and the WCAG requirements to the product team. All the best, The Walls.io team

WR

Wendy R.

International Affairs, 10,001+ employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Easy to set up; excellent customer engagement and service

Fantastic! Highly recommended for your event. Makes everyone feel like they are 'seen' and have a voice.

Pros

I very much appreciated the advance meeting to go over the product, usability, features and pricing. Once we had the meeting, it was quite easy to set up, and get going in a matter of minutes. Constant customer service, answering questions and providing utility and advice was stellar!

Cons

There are some blocks - social media sites that cannot be used or accessed by the wall, I wasn't 100% thrilled with having to use my personal contacts for a professional product. Otherwise, there were absolutely no glitches in the service.

Hi Wendy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback here. Glad to read that you had a great experience with our customer support team. Unfortunately, we cannot support all social networks, since many of them don't offer a public API. Regarding the limitations of connecting social media accounts for fetching content, this is again a requirement that the social networks have. They don't allow us to access content and display it on our walls otherwise. We're glad you enjoyed working with the tool despite these limitations and we hope that you will use Walls.io for future events too. All the best! Stay safe, The Team of Walls.io

JH

Johan Henrik D.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great aggregator for all your feeds!

Great - nop complaints - always up, always ready to edit. Nice inclusion of my team.

Pros

It is so easy to set up and it is possible to mix your content with the content from influencers in your domain and build a great inspirational element. We present the wall within our app BLOCSER. It gives our users frequent updates and great inspiration trying to make it as truly independent freelancers. BLOCSER - We take no cut :-)

Cons

It is pretty costly when you start out. But if you calculate the hours going into making something similar yourself it is a steel....

Thank you, Henrik! It's great to see how you integrated the social media feed in your app. BLOCSER is great! Keep up the good work! All the best, The Walls.io Team

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Best Option Out There Right Now

Researched several aggregators and found Walls to have the best free option and best look compared to other options like Curator.

Pros

It has a free option which fulfills my general needs in a social media feed display. Has a nice look and able to highlight posts.

Cons

Unable to use linkedin for my social media feed. The paid options start very high and if my needs expand I wont be able to keep using the free version.

Thank you for taking the time to share a review here. We're happy that you like the Free plan. Walls.io is the social wall for everyone and we're trying to provide great value also to our Free plan users. Only in the past year we enriched the Free plan with free embeds, Twitter lists and collections, various moderation features and auto-scrolling.

MD

Mick D.

Used other for 1-2 years

Set up a couple of walls; one for a networking supper and several for business expos.

Pros

Setting up a wall is a snap. We also liked that we could inject our own ad and posts very easily, and have those ads rotate through after a set number of posts. The customization features were fantastic, as was the support team that I reached out to on other issues.

Cons

It's a tad pricey for one-off events for smaller businesses, but I could see where the price point is fine for large corporations.

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are glad you see value at our price point - and for non commercial use, there's always our free plan! :)

JM

Jean-Marc H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

This tool is really amazing !!!!

Our BarCamp got more interactive and attendees had much more fun than usual, as they could post their impressions, motivation, feelings live and see it. I placed a second beamer just next to the main one to show permanently the wall to everyone. All participants loved it and continue to post after the meeting.

Pros

I like the easy of setting up the wall, the easy of connecting to social media accounts. I like the concept of being able to show collapsed posts sent on different media at one place during the meeting

Cons

I discovered that there are some limitations, espcially with LinkedIn. But these are not due to Walls.io, more to the social media itself. I had also to open widely the possibility to post on our Facebook page (replaced the moderation afterwards) as we didn't had a dedicated team during the meeting to make the moderation live.

Thanks a lot for your kind review, Jean-Marc! _:) You're right re. Linkedin, these unfortunately are limitations of their platform. Stil, we're happy that our wall has added benefit to your event :)

YY

Younghun Y.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

It features a well-ordered, convenient interface. Prices are reasonable for other services.

The API of a premium account can help me do more work. It is a key ingredient in making products based on the posts on social media. WALLS.IO gives our business a boost with a stable system and a reasonable price. We plan to use it continuously in the future.

Pros

An intuitive interface seems to be Walls.io's biggest advantage. Anyone can use it as if it had been used for a long time. In addition, customer service via Live Chat is extremely friendly and responsive.

Cons

Instagram Post collection can sometimes take up to two minutes. I live in Korea. People here love being quick, so some customers are uneasy about the fact that their posts don't come up immediately. It may be a problem with Instagram API, but it would be nice if we could make improvements.

Thanks for your kind review! :) You're right the API of Instagram an others limit us in terms of update speed - but we're always doing our best!

PG

Patricia G.

Program Development, 11-50 employees

Great overall experience - easy setup and a perfect customer support!

Pros

Setup is very easy. There are a lot of features for personalization. Response time of customer support is great and they are very friendly and helfpful.

Cons

Pricing increased within the last months. So the monthly fee is a little bit high, but in return you get a great product and there are no hidden extra-fees for pageviews etc. like at some other social walls.

Thanks for your kind review, we're very happy to be working with you! :)

MaryAnn J.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Cost Effective & Does the job

We used Wall.io during our move-in experience. Our residents were able to share their photos and see them while moving in. This provided a fun stop and view opportunity to families who were waiting to move-in to their student's residence hall. This software was easy to purchase and simple to set-up.

Pros

Cons

There was nothing that I liked least about the product. The product was great to use once you were able to customize it to your liking.

Hi MaryAnn, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. That's a very interesting use case! We're glad you had fun collecting great content with Walls.io. All the best, The Walls.io Team

BB

Bodi B.

Internet, self-employed

Handy tool!

Pros

Very useful for productivity, news and lots of other points. You can see all social media posts that are related to you in a summary.

Cons

I received lots of e-mails with offers and news and all. They send a lot of them. I unsubscribed from the mail service.

Hi Bodi, Thank you for giving Walls.io a try. We're glad you find it useful. Thank you also for the feedback regarding the emails. We try to help users make the most of Walls.io when they sign up for a trial. That's why we send a tip every day. Afterwards we only send newsletters every two weeks or so and most subscribers find those helpful. The good thing is that you can always unsubscribe. We hope that you'll keep on using Walls.io. :) All the best, The Walls.io Team

Marili N.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

The Best Platform for social media engagement

I loved it! It uplifted my engagement on a hashtag, and I would highly recommend it to all.

Pros

I loved the way the platform works; easy to use, very cool visuals, and the way that can be used both on a website and content creation pieces to engage the audience and get viral. Also, the service was awesome, very helpful, on point, and fast responsive.

Cons

At this point, I didn't have a complaint, but I'm sure wall.io has the potential to do a lot more in the future!

Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback here, Marili. We're glad to hear that Walls.io helps you engage your audience.

Kenneth S.

An easy to use social media wall made to collect and display content from social media platforms.

Pros

It allows you to collect content from over 15 social media platforms. A major pro is that it allows you to collect content from specific profiles or by using hash tags. The software also makes it extremely easy to create social media marketing campaigns built around hash tags. It is extremely easy to set up and get started.

Cons

I really don't have anything to say bad about the software. I wish it were a little cheaper but you get a good quality product for the price.

Hi Kenneth, thank you so much for your kind review - it means a lot to me and our team!

MS

Michelle S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Easy and Affordable

We were looking for a "twitter fall" of sorts and walls.io provided so much more! A big hit for a large monitor in the registration space and converted our conference home page over to walls.io content as well so folks at home could follow along!

Pros

The software was easy to learn and self-administer.

Cons

Wish we could have a sponsor anchor post that didn't scroll.

Hi Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We passed your recommendation on to the product team and we're glad to learn that Walls.io worked well for your event. All the best, The Walls.io Team

SO

Saul O.

Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great experience, easy to use, very helpful

Interactive meetings and events, people getting involve in the events, memories of the events,

Pros

very quick to bring the posts, easy to set, lot of optiones to customize the backgrounds, lot of comunication channels, very good look and feel

Cons

the price, i do have many church events, but the price is very high, you shoud have a plan for people that need to use very often, but not for commercial puorposes.

Thanks Saul! Glad you like our product! Re. price - did you check out our 72hour event passes?

51-200 employees

Overall the tool was so intuitive to use. Was able to set up a wall in minutes.

Pros

Love the Moderator functionality and how things can be white labeled. Also, the updates on tweets and facebook post were instant.

Cons

A custom URL feature would be something nice to have. It would allow users more flexibility in setting up their preferred URL.

Thanks a lot for your positive review! Did you notice you can edit a custom URL on all paid plans? If you need help with this, pls contact support@walls.io any time! :)

DS

Daniel S.

Aviation & Aerospace, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

A great solution that worked exactly as needed

Great addition to our social media event - helped set a great atmopshere!

Pros

Easy to use and it was very fast - updates (deletions of spam or adding a new hashtag to the search) appeared more or less immediately.

Cons

Nothing, really. The functionality, look and feel was exactly what we wanted. Would be nice to expand the set of supported sources beyond Twitter, FB, Insta, YT and G+ in future.

Wow, thanks for your stellar review :))

VW

Victoria W.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Event Subscription

This was used for an event and we mainly used the nature posts to input pictures, enjoyed it.

Pros

The platform was easy to set up and use

Cons

No time frame for posts, have to manually hide past posts.

Hi Victoria, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Glad you enjoyed using our social wall for an event at the University of Miami. We hope to have you on board for future events as well. All the best, The Walls.io Team

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Very easy to use

Pros

I liked how easy the software was to set up and use! Very intuitive and did its job perfectly.

Cons

The mobile version was a little clunky when I used it as the administrator at our event.

We're happy that you found Walls.io very easy to use. Thank you for your feedback regarding the mobile version. We will take that into account.

Financial Services,

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Reliable, easy to use and good-looking Twitter wall

Pros

The free option gives you a great deal of the tool's functionality. I've used it at several one-day conferences, and seen it at another international conference. I'll be using it at our conferences from now on.

Cons

Thanks a lot for your review! :)