Walls.io Reviews

Walls.io

Social wall for websites, events, and digital displays

Review Summary

Pros

So, I had an event in a few days and I was looking for the best way to engage the audience on social media and walls.io came to the rescue. What I love best is the free trial I had.

Olisebuka O.

Walls.io is simple to set up and the functionality is amazing. Customer support was quick to help if we had any issues.

Marika T.

Our residents were able to share their photos and see them while moving in. This provided a fun stop and view opportunity to families who were waiting to move-in to their student's residence hall.

MaryAnn J.

Cons

I have not yet found something that I dislike about this software. The only frustration I ran into was the pop-up chat and notifications that come from their website.

Gabriella W.

My only issue with the software was the fact that one had to use a chatbot to get Facebook messages to post. I do realize that this restriction is a FB issue and not Walls.io.

Dedrick W.

Nichelle T.

4.9

We use this social media viewer at almost all events public and private

We used it at a job fair and it was a huge draw. We also use it to show our social media presence quickly without having to pull up the individual platforms. All in all, I found it the quickest way to present what I wanted to a variety of audiences.

Pros

The look is very slick, dynamic and clean. It is simple to setup. It can be adjusted regularly to vary the theme and add variety. It allows our employees and others who are not on social media to experience our organization's social media presence. http://jbpierce.org/social-media-wall/

Cons

The jump from free to paid is too steep. However, we get by with the free version anyway and I still love it and it is requested to be on display at almost every board meeting, business event and party.

Hi John, Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to see you using Walls.io in so many ways. All the best, The Walls.io Team

Great for Short-Term Events and Long-Term Campaigns!

Walls.io provides a great customized approach to aggregating social media posts. It is incredibly easy to navigate and is perfect for events that last 1-3 days or for a longer social media campaign. We're currently running a social media campaign to highlight senior student-athletes using a specific hashtag throughout the month and it has been very well received. Based on this experience, we will definitely be using Walls.io again for future events and campaigns!

Pros

Easy to use, helpful customer support, quick response to questions

Cons

It is unable to pull posts from the past including edited posts on Facebook and Instagram.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy we could support your campaign! Stay safe, The Walls.io Team

Good in a pinch

In need of a last-minute swap for a social wall product at a conference of 1,000 teenagers, we grabbed a quick walls.io account, set it up, and were ready to display it on the big screen within less than an hour. I literally just sat in the audience, approving attendee social media posts in real-time and watching them play live on the screen display. A total hit - and very easy for our staff to use!

Pros

Walls.io provides an easy-to-set-up, easy-to-use social wall functionality, great for events of any size. Even without significant design or coding background, it's simple to set up a walls.io social wall and moderate it on the fly. There's no app, which worried me at first, but the website is so mobile-responsive that it doesn't need one. So many companies make it so easy to JUST tap into social wall functionality without also having to pay for a bunch of extras and frills. I appreciate how easy walls.io makes the whole process - and it's not nearly as expensive as other products, either.

Cons

If you're looking for unique functionality, sleek designs, or anything "fancy," Walls.io probably isn't the product for you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here. We're happy you find Walls.io easy-to-set-up and easy-to-use. We are working on adding new features to the product every month and we do hope that you will use our social wall for your next event too.

Easy to set up; excellent customer engagement and service

Fantastic! Highly recommended for your event. Makes everyone feel like they are 'seen' and have a voice.

Pros

I very much appreciated the advance meeting to go over the product, usability, features and pricing. Once we had the meeting, it was quite easy to set up, and get going in a matter of minutes. Constant customer service, answering questions and providing utility and advice was stellar!

Cons

There are some blocks - social media sites that cannot be used or accessed by the wall, I wasn't 100% thrilled with having to use my personal contacts for a professional product. Otherwise, there were absolutely no glitches in the service.

Hi Wendy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback here. Glad to read that you had a great experience with our customer support team. Unfortunately, we cannot support all social networks, since many of them don't offer a public API. Regarding the limitations of connecting social media accounts for fetching content, this is again a requirement that the social networks have. They don't allow us to access content and display it on our walls otherwise. We're glad you enjoyed working with the tool despite these limitations and we hope that you will use Walls.io for future events too. All the best! Stay safe, The Team of Walls.io

Social Aggregator

Using as a social aggregator for a hashtag to display on a website.

Pros

I like the overall ease of use; approving or hiding posts is very simple. Video autoplay is a nice feature.

Cons

I wish that it included Instagram user names in the posts.

Hi Joseph, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. We're happy to hear that you find Walls.io easy to use. Regarding displaying Instagram user names in posts, that is something we cannot do, since the Instagram Business API does not allow it anymore. All the best, The Walls.io Team

I've known Walls.io for years and it's simply the best social hub tool out there.

Pros

Walls.io is easy to set-up and allows us to engage even more with our customers throughout various Social Media channels, as the moderation panel gives a perfect overview. Furthermore Customer Support is really fast, in case you have any questions.

Cons

As Walls.io is run by the same software developing company as Swat.io (which we use as well), there are no intentions to integrate "deeper" engagement functions inside Walls.io. E.g. I will always have to click a link to the specific Tweet or Instagram post to like and post a comment to it (both features are however integrated in Swat.io).

Hi Florian, thanks for your kind review! :) Re. having direct engagement/response features within Walls.io - that's definitely an interesting idea, we certainly don't rule out doing something in this re. :)

The best social hub tool to aggregate, curate and display the best content! ❤️

The greatest tool to collect, curate and display social media content from more than 10 social media platforms. Perfect for event promotion, raising brand awareness and powering the hashtag campaign.

Pros

I love an intuitive and easy setup process, advanced text and spam filters which allows blocking explicit words using the generated list. The visibility of certain posts can always be controlled and it's really easy to do it. The design is possible to change just with one click, – it has 5 awesome social wall themes to choose from and you see on which screen it works best. I love that it's so easy to embed the Walls.io widget on a website, – just to copy-paste the code snippet that is given to me, it brought the website to life and increased brand awareness. My Social Wall stays always up to date and fresh!

Cons

I couldn't find any cons. It fully satisfies my needs and wishes!

Hi Maria, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about Walls.io. We're glad to hear that you found the social wall easy to use and that you're happy with it overall. All the best, The Walls.io Team

Great Solution

Easy to setup, very stable. The product team is doing a great job in adding new features

Pros

Walls.IO helps us to promote our social media content inside the company. It greatly helps to re use existing content in order to engage employees.

Cons

It is a bit pricey . Also having the ability to customize multiple walls in the entry license would be great.

Hi Peter, Thank you for using Walls.io for almost two years now. We're happy to hear that you see great value in our solution and would gladly recommend it. All the best, The Walls.io Team

Good Social Media Wall for Events - 72 hour window, not expensive

Good, inexpensive, quick to set up.

Pros

Ease of setup and use, speed of posts, variety of layouts and options.

Cons

Need a way of saving a wall after the event - PDF, JPG, PNG etc - also: Beware walls.io, public sector has WCAG requirements, and we might not be able to use you in the future if you don't have a VPAT, or do not meet WCAG requirements!

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here. We're glad to hear that you found Walls.io easy to set up and use at your event. We passed the feedback regarding exports and the WCAG requirements to the product team. All the best, The Walls.io team

Great aggregator for all your feeds!

Great - nop complaints - always up, always ready to edit. Nice inclusion of my team.

Pros

It is so easy to set up and it is possible to mix your content with the content from influencers in your domain and build a great inspirational element. We present the wall within our app BLOCSER. It gives our users frequent updates and great inspiration trying to make it as truly independent freelancers. BLOCSER - We take no cut :-)

Cons

It is pretty costly when you start out. But if you calculate the hours going into making something similar yourself it is a steel....

Thank you, Henrik! It's great to see how you integrated the social media feed in your app. BLOCSER is great! Keep up the good work! All the best, The Walls.io Team

High Impact Solution

I've been very pleased with Walls.io. We needed a creative way to display social media posts and this product clearly delivers. There are multiple designs available, so changing the look every semester helps keep content looking fresh. Any time I have reached out to user support, they've been nothing but helpful and extremely responsive. We also use this product to help engage paying customers who rent our spaces. We're able to add a conference's designated hashtag to the feed and now their guests can see posts in real-time throughout the event.

Pros

Walls.io provides an easy solution to engage our campus population and display their social media posts. It's easy to set up, easy to use and easy to customize. Having the ability to moderate content, especially content supplied by a student body, was extremely important. It couldn't be easier to filter posts, both through a web browser and on the fly through a mobile device.

Cons

With our current plan, each social media channel is limited to five sources. Being a large university with hundreds of departments and even more social media sources, it would be great to have more sources available.

Hi Jason, Thank you for the detailed feedback you shared here. Glad you're happy with the product and the support. We really love the setup you have for the wall and the insights you shared with us in the showcase we published on blog.walls.io Regarding the sources, perhaps we can find a custom solution. Could you please send me more details about the extra sources you need and for which channel. All the best, Daniela Turcanu Senior Marketing Manager at Walls.io

It's a good solution to put Facebook onsite!

Overall experience was just great, I used it and it solved a bug into mobirise that turned off their in house social wall so I was a very usefull solution, I am strongly recommend it!

Pros

One thing I really liked at this Wall is that it's easy to setup and actualy worked! In just 2 minutes I've created my account at the service and put it to work on my website, and this is great! It solved my problem with the Mobirise website creator when their own wall goes down, I was very happy with that! I strongly suggests you to give it a try!

Cons

I makes my website a little bit slowly and takes me valuable points in the pagespeed what in those days is crucial.

Hello Marcelo! It's great to hear that it only took two minutes to set up a social wall and embed it on your website. We know that page speed is an important ranking factor and we are trying to optimize the widgets, so they don't slow down the websites where they are embedded.

Simple and cost effective

A greater understanding of our social media community. Within it we can share many more experiences than just the ones that we put together as a marketing team. It helps us to understand our audience much better as well.

Pros

Ease of use and excellent value for money makes this piece of kit an easy purchase. It is clear, concise and effective when trying to build your social media community.

Cons

I think their are other platforms that offer similar capability but with better presentation. Colour coding each social media platform for example would be make Walls.io more visually appealing.

Hi Julie, thank you so much for your kind feedback! We are constantly working to improve the visual side of things - color-coding social platforms is certainly a great idea, thanks for that! Best Michael

Walls io

Pros

Easy to use. Works well for what I want it to do. I like receiving emails about the usage rate.

Cons

The monthly usage numbers needs to be higher. Daily minimums do not allow to use every day. On a very tight budget!

Hi Brad, Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback here. Regarding the pricing, we offer a 25% discount for all schools and universities. Learn more about our discounts here: https://help.walls.io/en/articles/1388116-eligibility-for-discounts We hope that helps. All the best, The Walls.io Team

Great way to engage our campuses.

We can engage our students, instructors and staff from multiple locations.

Pros

I like that we can curate content using both a hashtag and a social feed. Being able to combine content from more than one place keeps content fresh, and use of a hashtag makes posting easy for end-users.

Cons

I wish I could moderate from an app via mobile. I can only approve posts by logging in via the web, currently. A simple app would be so awesome, especially since often those who need to approve posts also attend events.

Thanks for your kind review! I'm sorry, we don't offer an app at this point, however we go great strides in optimizing our web app for mobile use - did you Try it out? It should do the moderation job pretty well...

A great way to showcase our social media content

I initially was looking for a tool to showcase our social media content for an international conference we held in London. Our senior management team were so impressed by how it was used at the conference that we decided to purchase a year licence to use the wall on our giant video display in our Central London HQ so that we can now showcase our social media content permanently on our looping playlist. Whenever I have any questions the Walls.IO team are quick to respond and very helpful.

Pros

Love how easy it is to set up, and how you can moderate the content easily too.

Cons

The loading time can sometimes be less than efficient if you have a lot of content to show

Hi Ste, Thank you so much for using Walls.io and for taking the time to share your feedback here. We love to share inspiring stories about what our users achieve with Walls.io. We would love to share your story on our blog in the showcase section too: https://blog.walls.io/category/showcases/. It would be great if you could share some photos of the display you've set up at the London HQ and give us more insights into how you're using it for different events and as a office social board. If you decide to share your story with everyone, just drop me an email. I will be happy to make it happen. All the best, Daniela Turcanu Senior Marketing Manager at Walls.io

Great service and product

Walls.io provides a great service by allowing me to integrate my social media platforms with my website. Had a few challenges in setting up but their team was available immediately to assist with troubleshooting the problem. Couldn't ask for better service.

Pros

Quick and easy sign up with a great team of friendly professionals to help.

Cons

If you edit your social media username, it poses a problem for the widget to update. Had to delete and sign up, clear all data from Facebook and re-link Instagram and Facebook.

Hi Nichelle, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here. We're sorry that you had some issues during the setup, but we're happy that our customer success team was there to assist you in a timely manner. We will take your feedback into consideration. Several issues, such as the one you pointed out, are caused by the various social media APIs we are working with. But we know that there's always something to improve also on our side. We're happy to have you as a user of Walls.io. Greetings from Vienna, The Walls.io Team

Walls.io in ybe public school!

I just love how quick and easy it is to feed into and post

Pros

I love creating an open house environment in the hallways of our school.

Cons

Free software meets our needs. On a 42" monitor, the feed is great!

Hi Steven! Thank you for using Walls.io to bring everyone together at your school. Glad you find it easy to use. We really love the social walls for schools and universities use case. All the best, The Walls.io Team

Best Option Out There Right Now

Researched several aggregators and found Walls to have the best free option and best look compared to other options like Curator.

Pros

It has a free option which fulfills my general needs in a social media feed display. Has a nice look and able to highlight posts.

Cons

Unable to use linkedin for my social media feed. The paid options start very high and if my needs expand I wont be able to keep using the free version.

Thank you for taking the time to share a review here. We're happy that you like the Free plan. Walls.io is the social wall for everyone and we're trying to provide great value also to our Free plan users. Only in the past year we enriched the Free plan with free embeds, Twitter lists and collections, various moderation features and auto-scrolling.

Was so easy to use and added such a impact at all of our events

everytime we update the list it's like adding a extra 100k to sales

Pros

The almost magical way it works just add a hashtag and we were done I could not botch it up of I even tried

Cons

I wish I had found it sooner this software is truly amazing like wow amazing times 100 to the infinite degreee

Thanks for your kind review - "almost magical", wow! :)))

Elementary School Scrolling Announcements

Wall.io highlights our school's tweets with updated tweets every 15 minutes. Previously I would have to copy-paste tweets into our school powerpoint of scrolling announcement. Now I have 3 slides embedded into the powerpoint with updated tweets. Saves me tremendously.

Pros

My school loves using Walls.io. We have a wall of latest 12 tweets by our school embedded into the scrolling powerpoint of announcements. It has been a great tool to highlight the wonderful learning occurring in the school.

Cons

None. Wall.io works just the way I need.

Hi Eric, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Walls.io here. We're happy to see our social walls used in schools and universities around the world. All the best, The Walls.io Team

Great Social Wall, we're working very well with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, RSS & Walter.

Pros

Experts recommended Walls.io after our failed experiments with other Twitterwalls. Walls.io looks very well. The team found creative solutions for some problems, e.g. the nice chat-bot Walter. We like the choice betweet 3 account types (Free, Pro und Premium), and we love that Walls.io supports our project (@GTS7000) with a sponsored account. It's very good for a project like ours that the URL of our Social Wall is easy to memorize, e.g. https://walls.io/gts7000

Cons

The multitude of functions and aspects can only be learned over time. The APIs of social networks limit the possibilities of every Social Wall.

Danke Matthias, für das nette Review :)

Set up a couple of walls; one for a networking supper and several for business expos.

Pros

Setting up a wall is a snap. We also liked that we could inject our own ad and posts very easily, and have those ads rotate through after a set number of posts. The customization features were fantastic, as was the support team that I reached out to on other issues.

Cons

It's a tad pricey for one-off events for smaller businesses, but I could see where the price point is fine for large corporations.

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are glad you see value at our price point - and for non commercial use, there's always our free plan! :)

Excellent program

Always excellent customer service. I highly recommend.

Pros

This software is one of the best, so easy to use.

Cons

I love everything about it, Easy, professional, and great customer service

Hi Carolyn, Thanks for sharing the joy of working with Walls.io. All the best, The Walls.io Team

Walls.io

Pros

Walls.io makes it easy to add all your social media channels as well as specific hashtags that would be relevant to your event. It can be used on websites or various screens - we used it on a big screen TV at an event we hosted.

Cons

The time it took for feeds to "refresh"

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback here. Regarding the refresh times, on the Free plan, walls are updated once every 15 minutes on average. On the Pro and Premium plans the walls receive updates once every minute on average. Your Twitter sources will always be updated in real-time, regardless of the plan. Feel free to send a ticket to our support team if this doesn't work as expected for your wall.