Greater Giving Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

Reviews by rating

And for those rare times when I can't figure it out myself, chat support is fabulous. I have recommended this software to several colleagues and will continue to do so.
I would highly recommend Greater Giving to any non- profit interested in experiencing a great event management tool. This is one fantastic organization.
We always use greater giving for our 5+ events a year. It's great for checking people in, and just about all the steps necessary to take when running events, before, during, and after.
My biggest complaint is the software takes some time to learn. We are a volunteer organization and it can be difficult to have people learn the software in the time frame needed.
It made us realize that we needed another product. I know this sounds harsh but it was not a match, we needed something simpler moving forward.
When the website gets updated and things move around or there are different ways to do them. No manual updates when that happens.

CH

Carey H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Review of Greater Giving Software

This software has allowed us to take our annual auction to the next level and it has allowed us to grow our bidder pool to include people who aren't able to attend the live event. It has helped increase our profits.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use and our guests find it easy as well. The customer support is wonderful.

Cons

I am not a fan of how the image downloading is set up. We shouldn't have to do so much to configure our images to fit. I also would like to see a feature added that would save time when entering packages. I would like to have the option to enter in an item number when adding items to packages, not just words. When you have multiple people getting packages ready, not everyone uses the same wording and it is putsy and annoying to have to go out of Packages and into Items to find what I'm looking for if I don't use the same words that someone else used to identify an item. If you are going to have us assign numbers, maximize that. Elsewhere in the software, you have the capability to look up package numbers and item numbers.

CG

Courtney G.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Greater Giving is the best auction management software in the market.

Using Greater Giving allows my clients the time to focus on the important jobs of procuring auction items, sponsorships and partners. It adds credibility to their fundraising efforts and creates a better donor experience.

Pros

If a client is planning on incorporating an auction (in any format - online, in person or hybrid,) the Greater Giving is a great investment. It creates efficiency and professionalism in all aspects freeing up staff and volunteer time to do other important tasks.

Cons

There are always ways to improve and as they tackle some, others will pop up. Currently, I would love to see a direct export for Quickbooks. I would like to see more reports that combine donor info over multiple projects.

RL

Rebecca L.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Not a great fit

Pros

I do like that you can view multiple records by clicking next, rather than going back to the list and selecting a new one.

Cons

It really didn't provide many tools except keeping records of items. It didn't generate bid sheets, online bidding options, or financial reports. I'm glad I switched to ReadySetAuction this year.

Thank you for your feedback, which is very helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. Greater Giving Event Software does offer multiple types of bid sheets (printed and online), Online Bidding functionality, and dozens of customizable financial reports. These features are widely supported through our free training and support channels via phone, email, chat, and on-demand. If you utilize Greater Giving in the future, we hope that you will take advantage of these features and our excellent customer support.

LM

Laura M.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Greater Giving Review

Like stated before Greater Giving is an amazing software and it makes it very easy to run your event through it. You are able to easily track ticket sales, input silent auction items, sell silent auction items, store vendor/partner information.

Pros

I love the easy access to those working with you (staff) and later for those using the Silent Auction feature the ease for those that sign up to be able to see the items and receive notifactions.

Cons

Overall it is a great product. There are a few kinks for example while adding your credit card via picture for those participating in the silent auction the information doesn't get put in exactly correct which causes for the process to take longer and the registration to be more difficult. At an event in which people are moving around and with an older crowd making the registration as easy and less time consuming would be more beneficial.

TC

Tracy C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

A solid product but expensive

Overall, Greater Giving is a solid event management platform for beginners but if you do multiple events a year or are advanced in this type of software, I would pass and look for something else.

Pros

This software is fairly straightforward to use for event management. It is pretty intuitive for a beginner user but anything moderately advanced requires some additional training. Customer service is pretty responsive and help articles are informative and easy to find the topics you are looking for. I particularly like how easy it is to assign people to tables on the back end.

Cons

Overall, this software feels outdated to me, compared to other software. Some things- like logo placement on an event page- cannot be changed. In fact, I feel all the functions on the event page are not as customizable as they could be. It doesn't follow the flow or feel of our website and looks out of place. Payment processing fees are high. The back end is fairly simplistic.

KC

Kiki C.

Hospital & Health Care,

After extensive research very happy

Pros

Greater Giving is an evolving company and continues to improve their product. It is extensive having many features, reports and different ways of going about getting things done. They are PCI compliant which takes away worry about security and adds value to your overall event. Whether you are a small shop or large, any nonprofit can use it with a little bit of training, some practice and time. It is...

Cons

The "join me"feature is still new and we haven't been able to master it's use yet. The website capability is great but requires a little extra training. However the tech support is excellent with an almost 12 hour a day call hour. If the tech can't answer the question they get back to you. Most often though they will walk you through a step.

ES

Emily S.

Fantastic Service and Great Product

We have been using Greater Giving for our Parents' Club fundraising software for since 2011. I personally began using the software in 2012 and have grown very fond of the product. Every year I talk with customer service and say I wish the software could do "xyz" and they say "that is in the works". The next year I see the improvements. My biggest complaint is the software takes some time to learn....

HS

Heather S.

Like it for Galas

Greater Giving really helped us to track our auction donations and number them, to track our bidders and assign them a number for bidding for Fund the Need and kept everything in one easy place for reporting. We were then able to export the data into our donor software. It simplified our process for the auction, quite simply.

Pros

We have used this software for our gala for many years. I inherited it and began using it and found the transition to be pretty smooth. I really like it for assigning bidders to tables and to individuals and for tracking auction donations and values.

Cons

My least favorite thing was the lack of online bidding software but I believe they now have that too. We are not doing our gala anymore so we were unable to try that feature.

NP

Nikki P.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Greater Giving has helped us raise thousands

Pros

I love Greater Giving's support team! They are always ready to help, answer questions, and walk through a feature I didn't know about.

Cons

I don't have anything I don't like about Greater Giving. Perhaps one thing - I wish they would provide image size examples when setting us the website and online bidding page.

LB

Lisa B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great tool for fundraising!

Pros

The help videos are an amazing tool if you get stuck trying to set things up. The online auction turned out wonderfully. The buyers had so much fun!

Cons

It took a little bit to figure out how to set everything up. I suggest watching the help videos first!

LW

Leslie W.

Transform your Auction experience!

Our school has benefited tremendously by using the Event Software and Mobile Bidding. In a few weeks we will be using both for the third time at our next Auction fundraiser. After the first year, we not only paid for the software and mobile bidding BUT increased our silent auction profit by $10,000! The program is very easy to use, streamlines all of our donations, and allows us to perform quick...

Pros

ease of use, customer service, mobile bidding function

MD

Mary D.

Events Services, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Visually Appealing and Functional Auction Software

Pros

Greater Giving is my preferred auction software - the main page is visually appealing and straight forward and the Greater Giving team continues to make updates that amplify the platform for virtual events (for example, their engagement center where you can embed a video). The thermometer view that can be shown during events to capture live donations is better than any others and that alone usually convinces my clients to use Greater Giving.

Cons

Greater Giving is not as affordable as other platforms and if my clients decide not to use it, it is usually because of the price - specifically because of the online auction add on. Greater Giving really corners the market but I wish it was less expensive so I could more fully recommend it to non-profits with less resources and smaller budgets.

MP

Mark P.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Satisfied Customer for over 7 years.

We have used the Greater Giving software for our last 7 galas/auctions and each year it continues to improve and make the back-of-house operations easier for our event volunteers. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is wanting to make operations seamless for both your guest and volunteers. Mobile bidding functions that were incorporated are very popular with our constituents and have raised the overall amount of donations given.

Pros

Ease of use and customer support.

Cons

It is a little higher in cost but well worth the expense and ease of mind the night of the event.

HE

Holly E.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great Software for more than just Auctions

Overall, it has been a very positive 10+ years working with Greater Giving. As the years have gone by it has become more and more value added.

Pros

I love the capability to produce websites where tickets can be purchased and it can be used for so many different platform. We use it for T-Shirt Sales in the summer, Golf Tournament in the Fall, Donation Tracking, and for our major Fundraising Auction yearly in the spring.

Cons

There are some Day of Auction Glitches, like logging people out of the system and screens freezing during bidding.

SS

Shawn S.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

GG review

Pros

relatively user friendly, basic functionality, good value for the low cost of the product, customer service was prompt

Cons

customer service answers varied in accuracy and helpfulness, software is somewhat clunky to use, dated looking

Dawn W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Greater Giving Review

Pros

I like the Customer Support and I like the standard reporting otpions.

Cons

I think it is VERY hard to navigate and very hard to set up a set. I feel the program is outdated and needs to be more admin user friendly.

Allie R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Greater Giving is great for nonprofit fundraising

Pros

We use Greater Giving to track our events and it is very convenient. The card readers and system help us keep track of and charge donors immediately.

Cons

It isn't as intuitive as I would like but still works well.

AM

Ashley M.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great for Fundraising Event Logistics, Bidding

Pros

The best thing about Greater Giving is the mobile capability that allows attendees at our annual gala to bid on silent auction items from their seats. We've yet to find this capability with any other fundraising software.

Cons

I'm a newer user and still getting used to the platform, but I'd love for it to be more user-friendly.

CM

Cara M.

Too difficult for average volunteers

Greater Giving is very feature-rich. Too feature-rich for my needs, it turns out. We are a small private school and used Greater Giving for 2 years for an annual gala with an auction as well as a Fun Run fundraiser. I liked the flexibility to customize reports and printed materials, but the way it handled auction items was extremely time to consume. You are required to enter each thing as a single...

CW

Chantelle W.

Another great event with the help of Greater Giving!

I have used Greater Giving's Event Software and mobile bidding platform for the past several years and just finished my largest gala event yet - with over 400 people attending - and I don't know how I could have done so without it! From tracking all of my items and packages, to assigning guests to tables, viewing their purchases and organizing mobile bidding and a text to give campaign, it makes me look like a pro. My volunteers love it, my guests appreciate the ease with which they check in and check out, and I find the system itself to be very user friendly. And for those rare times when I can't figure it out myself, chat support is fabulous! I have recommended this software to several colleagues and will continue to do so.

KR

Katie R.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Greater Giving has helped make our event process easier.

Pros

It helps keep us organized when we plan for events and the online auction feature is fun to use and helps us raise more money then we could if we did it with paper bid sheets.

Cons

The reports are hard to use and hard to customize and the event website it limited in what you can do with it. I wish there was more flexibility in the design aspect.

MM

Matthew M.

51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Event Management Software

Greater Giving provides all the functionality we need at a very reasonable price. The event registration and check-in/check-out process is easy and much appreciated by our guests. Silent auction online bidding has become very popular, and we've seen a dramatic increase in the amount of money raised through the auctions.

Pros

Nice set of features for the cost. Online auctions have been a tremendous benefit for our organization

Cons

Admin interface is sometimes difficult to work with, and could use a redesign. Reporting is also a bit cumbersome.

LK

Leah K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Made an impression on our guests!

Using Greater Giving Express Pay allowed our guests to have a more seamless experience at our silent auction. Guests commented on how easy it was to participate in all aspects of the event using their bid number and not have to worry about standing in a checkout line at the end of the night. I wouldn't go back to using anything but this! As a small nonprofit, we are always looking to save money, so the price tag is a hurdle - but once you think about the gained revenue because your guests are focused on giving and not worries about check out - the price is worth it in increased revenue.

Pros

Makes checkout seamless at silent auction event. You don't loose revenue trying to hunt down someone who bid but didn't pay at the end of the night.

Cons

I'd love for it to be cheaper!

HR

Heather R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Helpful but not intuitive

Pros

I liked the auction features and the ease of running event reports.

Cons

It felt clunky to use and the various features did not integrate well with one another.

FJ

Falefia Jr F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great Product, Needs better user-friendly management system.

Pros

Ability to handle entire event through one site and organizing system.

Cons

The lack of ability to have guests edit their purchase information and guest list info. Not being able to easily manage guest information and organization.