Greater Giving Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.5/10

Reviews by rating

And for those rare times when I can't figure it out myself, chat support is fabulous. I have recommended this software to several colleagues and will continue to do so.
I would highly recommend Greater Giving to any non- profit interested in experiencing a great event management tool. This is one fantastic organization.
We always use greater giving for our 5+ events a year. It's great for checking people in, and just about all the steps necessary to take when running events, before, during, and after.
My biggest complaint is the software takes some time to learn. We are a volunteer organization and it can be difficult to have people learn the software in the time frame needed.
It made us realize that we needed another product. I know this sounds harsh but it was not a match, we needed something simpler moving forward.
When the website gets updated and things move around or there are different ways to do them. No manual updates when that happens.

11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Will make check-in a breeze

The benefits of Greater Giving include an easy upload and check-in process, a simple check-out process for auction purchases or donations, and a simple training for staff members.

Pros

The features of this products "go-time" make for a really easy event check-in. I've worked a variety of events with this software, most notably a large seated fundraiser. Everyone was able to check-in quickly and all the details needed by our check-in team were easily accessible.

Cons

The search function could be expanded on to assist better with misspellings or connections to other members (spouse names, etc).

Monica J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

It is good, bu so hard to use and understand!

Overall the experience was ok. If 501 Auction had the same price as this one, I would go with 501 no questions asked. This one has a better price and better annual plan, but boy oh boy, it was hard to use!

Pros

What I liked the most was the price and the plan they offered us. It was considerably cheaper than other fundraising platforms and in the demonstration called that we had with them looked so easy and logical (beware!)

Cons

It is not easy to use AT ALL! It is super confusing to set up packages, import supporters, donors. Just building the website was a little nightmare. If it is your first time using this software make sure to have someone to hold your hand during the process. I really thought it would be easy to use, since I have worked with other fundraising programs before. Mistake! It took me a while to work around it and the tutorials didn't feel like enough to me.

Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

More features this year...they seem to be focusing on Auctions

It's getting better as an auction platform. They recently added a lot more functionality and updated the look and feel. They are also doing a better job with training and calls, esp. they quarterly update calls.

Pros

We use Greater Giving for our online and in person auction. Auction software is such a niche market, we had to purchase this for fundraising purposes.

Cons

No longer use it for other fundraising since it was cumbersome and clunky. While they have templates there are SO MANY screens to click through to get the data you need.

RH

Rebecca H.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Really nice program but not in our budget

I like Greater Giving. It is a very good program. It's just the cost priced us out because we are such a small organization it makes a significant difference to our net fundraising.

Pros

I like that is it an all-in-one program, so don't have to cobble together multiple programs. Everything we need is included in Greater Giving. I have helped with fundraising events for multiple organizations that used Greater Giving and I found it intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

The cost. I checked it out during 2020 to use for an online/virtual auction and found the pricing had dramatically changed from the last time I used it. We tried another program recommended by an event planner. The next year I again checked several software programs and discovered one that did about the same thing (at least everything we needed ) for dramatically less cost. We are a very small non-profit, so for us, that is a deal breaker. We would rather have a not-so-robust program and work with it than pay more for a program. Turned out the one we used was absolutely fine and we made a lot of money. So much that a lot of other clubs contacted me to ask which program we used.

RK

Ron K.

Greater Giving: Great software for event management

We use Greater Giving to manage our Marquee events (galas, golf, wine tasting, etc.) - events that usually have an auction component and the staff, volunteers and constituents love it. I've personally used Greater Giving software for the past eight years and have never worked with a software vendor that is more in tune with their customer's wants and needs. They actually ASK for ways they can improve...

Pros

Ease of use, outstanding customer support, mobile bidding option/component, auctioneer features for a professional live auction, leader boards, smooth check-in/check-out event process, ability to e-mail receipt to patrons at check out, volunteers absolutely love it! Patrons are very impressed at the flow of the event when we move the event management to Greater Giving.

Cons

Reporting is confusing and needs work and they need to make improvements in the backend website creation process but we are able to get the information out of the system that we need and we have great looking, easy to use websites.

TB

Tammany B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Keeping my life sane!

Using the Greater Giving Software has allowed me to really be in control of the data and the ROI of my events. The software is very easy to use and set up. It has tremendous functionality and flexibility to engage multiple users. We look so professional at our events at check in and check out and guests love it. I have been using the product for three years and have hosted 10 different events...

Pros

The database features and fields, mobile bidding and ease of email campaigns.

Cons

Some of the fields could be located on different pages to make the work flow more integrated

KC

Kiki C.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Greater Giving - really does give!

Our development office has now been using Greater Giving for a little over 2 years, after doing some extensive research and choosing it as the BEST option. This has given us the opportunity to use it for many different events more than once and across different departments/colleges within the medical university. Because it is web based, there are no restrictions on number of users and you can lock/unlock...

Pros

It's overall ease of use and convenience.

Cons

Some of the features are difficult to use/not up to par- peer to peer fundraising for ex. Also the webpage/landing page building can be quite complicated and the tutorial isn't comprehensive enough. Same goes for the reports- we know that there are so many but the training just touches the surface.

Madi S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Greater Giving

Overall great. There are occasional glitches but their customer support team is outstanding.

Pros

The auction and check in portion of the software are the most valuable. Allowing early and self check in for participants at events is fantastic and helpful.

Cons

This does not link to any of our other databases and we have to enter all information without any transfers

Arthur H.

51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

We use it for an annual auction event

It works perfectly for our client to do their annual fund raiser

Pros

It is now all done on a web page. This has been a large improvement over the older versions. It is quick and easy for our volunteers to use. Support is excellent when you need it.

Cons

It can sometime time out when your are in a conference center wifi. Logging in can be confusing for volunteers

RL

Rebecca L.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Not a great fit

Pros

I do like that you can view multiple records by clicking next, rather than going back to the list and selecting a new one.

Cons

It really didn't provide many tools except keeping records of items. It didn't generate bid sheets, online bidding options, or financial reports. I'm glad I switched to ReadySetAuction this year.

Thank you for your feedback, which is very helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. Greater Giving Event Software does offer multiple types of bid sheets (printed and online), Online Bidding functionality, and dozens of customizable financial reports. These features are widely supported through our free training and support channels via phone, email, chat, and on-demand. If you utilize Greater Giving in the future, we hope that you will take advantage of these features and our excellent customer support.

GB

Gloria B.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Could not do what we do without Greater Giving!

I sourced Greater Giving back in 2010 when we were producing our first Gala. I wanted software that would easily keep track of people and items. The ability to create a website was a bonus! Greater Giving performed like a champ before, during and after the event. I also began using the website capabilities for other events/fundraisers. The sites are pretty easy to set up and maintain. When I have...

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support. Full reporting capabilities. Easy customization.

LW

Leslie W.

Transform your Auction experience!

Our school has benefited tremendously by using the Event Software and Mobile Bidding. In a few weeks we will be using both for the third time at our next Auction fundraiser. After the first year, we not only paid for the software and mobile bidding BUT increased our silent auction profit by $10,000! The program is very easy to use, streamlines all of our donations, and allows us to perform quick...

Pros

ease of use, customer service, mobile bidding function

LM

Laura M.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Greater Giving Event Software

Overall it is a still a great software that has great functions and so far is the best I have used to run a large silent auction 50 items plus.

Pros

The software purchase covers features dealing with ticket sales, silent auction bids, community partners, sponsorship purchases and can safely store credit card information. Also, if your organization hosts more than one event per year you can add several events and track for no extra cost and store all donor information for those events.

Cons

The ease of use of this program is lacking. It is a bit confusing to run reports. It also doesn't make it very easy to set a Max capacity for an event and have it close down automatically. Someone has to go in and do so, or at least this is the experience we found. Also, you can only attach one checking/banking account to the software so if you have two large events and two separate accounts for them in order to use the software without having to repurchase you must stick to the one account.

KC

Kiki C.

Hospital & Health Care,

After extensive research very happy

Pros

Greater Giving is an evolving company and continues to improve their product. It is extensive having many features, reports and different ways of going about getting things done. They are PCI compliant which takes away worry about security and adds value to your overall event. Whether you are a small shop or large, any nonprofit can use it with a little bit of training, some practice and time. It is...

Cons

The "join me"feature is still new and we haven't been able to master it's use yet. The website capability is great but requires a little extra training. However the tech support is excellent with an almost 12 hour a day call hour. If the tech can't answer the question they get back to you. Most often though they will walk you through a step.

LM

Laura M.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Greater Giving Review

Like stated before Greater Giving is an amazing software and it makes it very easy to run your event through it. You are able to easily track ticket sales, input silent auction items, sell silent auction items, store vendor/partner information.

Pros

I love the easy access to those working with you (staff) and later for those using the Silent Auction feature the ease for those that sign up to be able to see the items and receive notifactions.

Cons

Overall it is a great product. There are a few kinks for example while adding your credit card via picture for those participating in the silent auction the information doesn't get put in exactly correct which causes for the process to take longer and the registration to be more difficult. At an event in which people are moving around and with an older crowd making the registration as easy and less time consuming would be more beneficial.

MD

Mary D.

Events Services, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Visually Appealing and Functional Auction Software

Pros

Greater Giving is my preferred auction software - the main page is visually appealing and straight forward and the Greater Giving team continues to make updates that amplify the platform for virtual events (for example, their engagement center where you can embed a video). The thermometer view that can be shown during events to capture live donations is better than any others and that alone usually convinces my clients to use Greater Giving.

Cons

Greater Giving is not as affordable as other platforms and if my clients decide not to use it, it is usually because of the price - specifically because of the online auction add on. Greater Giving really corners the market but I wish it was less expensive so I could more fully recommend it to non-profits with less resources and smaller budgets.

TC

Tracy C.

Used monthly for 2+ years

A solid product but expensive

Overall, Greater Giving is a solid event management platform for beginners but if you do multiple events a year or are advanced in this type of software, I would pass and look for something else.

Pros

This software is fairly straightforward to use for event management. It is pretty intuitive for a beginner user but anything moderately advanced requires some additional training. Customer service is pretty responsive and help articles are informative and easy to find the topics you are looking for. I particularly like how easy it is to assign people to tables on the back end.

Cons

Overall, this software feels outdated to me, compared to other software. Some things- like logo placement on an event page- cannot be changed. In fact, I feel all the functions on the event page are not as customizable as they could be. It doesn't follow the flow or feel of our website and looks out of place. Payment processing fees are high. The back end is fairly simplistic.

MP

Mark P.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Satisfied Customer for over 7 years.

We have used the Greater Giving software for our last 7 galas/auctions and each year it continues to improve and make the back-of-house operations easier for our event volunteers. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is wanting to make operations seamless for both your guest and volunteers. Mobile bidding functions that were incorporated are very popular with our constituents and have raised the overall amount of donations given.

Pros

Ease of use and customer support.

Cons

It is a little higher in cost but well worth the expense and ease of mind the night of the event.

PS

Patty S.

Recommend Greater Giving for nonprofit events management

I have used Greater Giving for the past three years to manage our agency's gala. Last year, we added the mobile bidding component. When we jumped from 'paper' to Greater Giving in 2012, our goal was to make our guests' experiences at the gala as painless as possible. We also wanted to make it easier to manage for the volunteer leadership in our cash out room. With the help of Greater Giving, our gala...

ES

Emily S.

Fantastic Service and Great Product

We have been using Greater Giving for our Parents' Club fundraising software for since 2011. I personally began using the software in 2012 and have grown very fond of the product. Every year I talk with customer service and say I wish the software could do "xyz" and they say "that is in the works". The next year I see the improvements. My biggest complaint is the software takes some time to learn....

HS

Heather S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Like it for Galas

Greater Giving really helped us to track our auction donations and number them, to track our bidders and assign them a number for bidding for Fund the Need and kept everything in one easy place for reporting. We were then able to export the data into our donor software. It simplified our process for the auction, quite simply.

Pros

We have used this software for our gala for many years. I inherited it and began using it and found the transition to be pretty smooth. I really like it for assigning bidders to tables and to individuals and for tracking auction donations and values.

Cons

My least favorite thing was the lack of online bidding software but I believe they now have that too. We are not doing our gala anymore so we were unable to try that feature.

GL

Gina L.

Functional Mid-Range Difficulty in Use

Customer service is top notch. My questions are always answered very quickly and there is always someone willing to walk me through what I'm doing. The team is wonderful over there.

Pros

It can do a LOT. You can do events in person, virtually, run raffles, sell tickets, etc etc etc. It covers the gamut of fundraising activities.

Cons

It is not super easy to use. Perhaps because it is capable of doing so many things that is why, but it requires more than a few calls and trainings and help manuals to figure out what you need to do in order to get what you want to happen.

TC

Tera C.

Primary/Secondary Education,

Greater Giving great customer service

Pros

Customer service was incredible. I loved being able to create a fundraising page for each new campaign.

Cons

I can't say anything negative about this program. Every encounter I had with customer service went above and beyond!

JC

Jeniece C.

I'm a Greater Giving Fan

We have used Greater Giving for several years to manage our online giving pages and our school's fundraising event. This year, we added the mobile bidding component. This was the second time we've used mobile bidding, the first with a different company. I was looking for a product to easily manage all the auction and mobile bidding steps myself. This produce was so easy to use. The customoer...

JD

Jordan D.

Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Essential for Fundraising!

Pros

This software is an exceptional tool for fundraising efforts. Event planners, auction chairs, and many more benefit from this software offering an organized and unique approach to fundraising. Mobile bidding, online auctions, and much more make this software engaging and easy to use from anywhere!

Cons

Initial use may be a challenge before you get used to the product. Learning curve for those that are not used to technology through mobile bidding and online auctions, however, the ease of use makes it easy to explain to a donor.