Little Green Light Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.35/10

Reviews by rating

The flexibility is also great, so we truly feel we can make it as we want it rather than having to fit what we want to what the software can do.
The price was the first great thing, but ease of use is another. You can easily teach yourself to be good at this platform vs more complicated ones.
The user interface on this product is terrible.
When I used the mailer to send a test message to board members, the feedback I received was that the email address made the message appear to be spam so they didn't read it.
We've run into a couple of relatively minor problems.

Ellie B.

Senior Grants Manager

Little Green Light User Review

Transcript

Ellie B: My name is Ellie. I am the Director of Development and Operations. I give Little Green Light,...

Will K.

Executive Director

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Simple And Effective Software For Our Small-Midsize NonProfit

Transcript

Will: Hello, my name is Will. I'm an executive director in the non-profit industry. I give Little Green...

Daniel W.

Little Green Light brought our growing, volunteer-run nonprofit into the 21st century.

Being cloud-based, Little Green Light allows several board members to access, add, and alter donor information. This turns our database into a collaborative crowd-sourced information bank we can all use wherever we may be even on our mobile phones. The sort and search features in the reporting system are as powerful as any I've seen in far more expensive software. We moved to Little Green Light from a Filemaker Pro database maintained by a single board member. She is still our key administrator, but now she feels appreciated and supported instead of isolated. The improvement in morale alone is worth the price of admission!

Pros

Powerful and versatile, Little Green Light has all the features I was accustomed to from software at other nonprofits I've worked at including eTapestry and Bloomerang but at a fraction of the cost. The interface is highly intuitive, and LGL has shown a real commitment to continual improvement over time. I truly enjoyed the data migration process from our old system to LGL in part because we worked one-on-one with a Little Green Light consultant (Carrie Grote) who treated us as if we were her only client. If you're a startup nonprofit wondering whether or not to take the leap into state-of-the-art donor management, I strongly recommend Little Green Light. It may easily be the only software you'll ever need to track and nourish donor relationships.

Cons

There are some minor tweaks that might improve Little Green Light. For example, when a donor wishes for a gift to be anonymous, there's a checkbox you need to hunt for. But honestly, the folks at LGL are way ahead of me when it comes to finding and fixing flaws. I bet the next LGL upgrade will be light years better than anything I can even imagine.

ST

Suzanne T.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

The best Donor Management option for small non-profits

Overall, my experience with Little Green Light has been enormously positive and I would highly recommend this product!

Pros

Little Green Light is so easy to use and relatively inexpensive. Our small non-profit has been using LGL for almost 5 years, and we continue to be impressed by how adaptable and customizable it is, and the excellence of the customer service!

Cons

I think there could be improvements with the management of recurring donors - specifically, I'd like to be able to set up an automatic monthly gift entry so I don't have to enter the same info every month. Because we are a watershed council, I would also love if there was a way to connect LGL to mapping software so we can have a way to visualize where our participating and non-participating landowners are located.

EB

Ellie B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The user interface on this product is terrible

We are switching to another CRM.

Pros

Running reports is really easy in the software but that’s about all that I like.

Cons

As stated in the title, the user interface is not intuitive nor is it easy on the eyes. There are so many other features that could be included that would make this star star product but sadly they are missing.

AA

AJ A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Little Green Light

So far it has been a great.

Pros

Just launched this for our organization. Straight-forward migration/transfer of data from former application. Easy integration with website, donation processor. It will streamline our donor acknowledgement process. Great price for what your get. Fabulous customer service.

Cons

It's very feature-rich, but it does take awhile to navigate and learn the processes. Would love a way to produce more custom reports using the photo-image field.

TM

Taylor M.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

The perfect solution!

Pros

Little Green Light has made such a great impact on my organization! Now we are able to easily see our contacts and donation history in one place, and the ability to use forms to process donations directly into our tracking in LGL has been a total revolution. With public access to the Knowledge Base not buried behind a paywall, I was able to quickly ensure that the software met our needs before even bringing it up to management, and it has made the setup and customization of the software much more simple and direct. With a discounted one year subscription, you shouldn't hesitate to see if LGL will also be the perfect fit for you too!

Cons

I have run into difficulty integating LGL with our current email manager, Mail Chimp. This is in part due to a multi-audience setup and limit on the number of available contacts in Mail Chimp - which is a problem with Mail Chimp and not entirely due to LGL.

BC

Brian C.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great affordable database

We've used them for years, both for tracking our engagement with students, but also as a donor focused database. It serves both needs very well.

Pros

Little Green Light is robust but incredibly easy to use. It is far more affordable than many comparable products on the market. I highly recommend them

Cons

It took a little while to get all set up, but we expected that from any product

ZM

Zahra M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Non-profit donor and volunteer database

Pros

LGL is very user friendly, one of the easiest tools I've ever used. It practically has all the features you need to manage your donor database and manage your volunteers. It's also easy to work as a team, assign tasks to team members, add notes and create contact reports. It's also very easy to generate queries (searches) and create reports based on your constituents or donation reports.

Cons

Sometimes creating complicated searches and reports are not possible. For example, it's not so easy to create a report based on relationships.

BE

Ben E.

Excellent Program

I love Little Green Light is a good CRM that is affordable, easy to use, and helps manages a lot of your fundraising systems all in one place. I do love how simple and easy it is.

Pros

This software offers a lot of great tools and helps with management. I love how easy it is to use, and how it really makes things pretty easy.

Cons

I wish it had more add on features it integrates with and the search feature is a little clunky

TK

Tina K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Everything I need for our organization

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Reports are simple and easy to edit. Information is easy and quick to enter. I love the feature that summarizes constituents' gifts on a PDF.

Cons

Haven't found a downside yet. True, it's not as pretty as some other software, but it's fine for my needs. Pretty costs a lot of money.

JM

Jan M.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Easy for small nonprofits!

keeping all donor information in one central spot.

Pros

Easy to use and manage through importing data from excel sheets. User-friendly and intuitive for staff and volunteers to use.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with Quickbooks and a few other items that we use like MightyCause. Editing a last name has to be edited in each field instead of updating all at once.

RM

Rori M.

Best Software for Nonprofits

For the price, this is absolutely the best marketing decision our team has made. It does eveything we need it to do and is tailored for the nonprofit sector.

Pros

This product integrates directly with our email marketing software - Constant Contact. We were able to create a form on Little Green Light that links directly back to our contact database and put it directly on our website. Each person that signs up for our email newsletter is put directly into our contact database and into our constant contact list. It has made our work more streamlined which for a nonprofit with very little staff and resources, has made a huge difference in our workflow. Another amazing feature is the Little Green Light Knowledge Base. Any question you could possibly have about the features of this software are covered in their knowledge base. It's easy to search and find the information you need. Everytime I look for something, I've easily found it.

Cons

The user interface could definitely use some work. It looks a little outdated and can take some exploring to discover all of the features. Also the original transfer of contacts was pretty time consuming, but that's to be expected with any big switch between CRM softwares.

BB

Buck B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

LGL Review

This software has helped us create a resource development program that is trusted by our board members and staff.

Pros

The online data base is great as it allows me to log in from my home or anywhere and review our constituency.

Cons

Exporting thank you letters and incorporating email templates have been a challenge.

JJ

Jocelyn J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

LLGL - Love Little Green Light!

The knowledge base for LGL is one of the best I've ever used. It's comprehensive and the search function is well-designed. Anything I can't find in the knowledge base I reach out and your absolutely excellent customer service has been responsive and quick. They really know their product and features and you can tell, because you always get the answer you needed.

Pros

The search function for constituents is excellent. The PayPal integration, the reporting, the knowledge base - all of this is very helpful. I also appreciate your newsletters - I am still learning non-profit donor management and I always find something of interest.

Cons

I'd like integration with Stripe for payment platforms. I also think I'd like an easier way to take notes or keep notes about donors. Right now there is just a large blank text box for "Background Info"... if I want to note phone calls or conversations, or updates about this person it all goes into one box. Might be nice to have a feature that's like a chat update or a post that keeps track of these for you.

LH

Lori H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great CRM at a great price

Little Green Light provides our small organization with a user friendly, thoughtful, and responsive constituent relationship management solution, and at one of the most reasonable prices in its field. We use it primarily to manage donations and relationships. Bottom line is the product is excellent and I recommend it to others.

Pros

LGL is easy to use from data entry to automated acknowledgements to the filters and reports and big picture review. The learning curve is very quick, which was important as I am the only one managing it, among the many other roles I have. One other person occasionally accesses the data, and it's been easy for them as well. One of the best features is the support that they provide. They respond very...

Cons

The integrated donation forms could use a more modern look, but it still works well. While it might be nice if the whole admin interface was more modern, the interface is clean and the usability and features are the most important to me. Complex mapping for an import can occasionally be a challenge (likely with any product), but LGL has always responded quickly with solutions.

MW

Madeline W.

CMS Lifesaver

After taking over a messy, out-dated membership database from my predecessor, I decided to merge all existing information into LGL. And I never looked back! LGL has allowed us to collect far more information and data than we were able to do before. It has simplified our mailing process to the point where we were able to increase the number of mailings sent out each year (in a state where people LOVE...

Pros

We have found the many ways to organize and label constituents very helpful. Our organization has also moved to use LGL Forms for all of our online donation, newsletter, and volunteer information because of the multitude of ways that we can customize the forms to our specific needs. If nothing else, the availability of such a clear CRM is wonderful. The former Outreach Director's system was created in a database development system that was far beyond our in house capabilities to manage.

Cons

I sometimes wish that I had the ability to create certain categories or alter the organizational system to more closely meet our needs as a small staff covering communities across the entire state of Montana. However, I trust that any emails I send requesting certain changes will be taken into serious consideration by the LGL customer service team.

DU

David U.

This reviewer only left a rating

The Vermont Italian Club is primarily a membership organization whose purpose and mission is education of Italians and non-Italians in the Italian culture and heritage. We do this by encouraging participation and study of the Italian language, arts, and culture through lectures, presentations, films, study groups, formal classes, celebrations, and other educational events and activities. We are...

MR

Mike R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Powerful tools in a package for non-profits of all size

Overall we are extremely happy with Little Green Light. The use of the Little Green Light forms helps us easily track where our donations are coming from, and the rest of the constituent management tools allow us to have a complete picture of our donors. I I would (and have) recommended this product to any non-profit that does not have a dedicated data team to manage their database.

Pros

I love this nearly everything about the software. It is easy use with an intuitive UI. The reports are easy to run and manipulate the export fields and being able to schedule reports to run is fantastic. I also find the ease of creating contact reports and tasks to be refreshing and helps to stay on top of donor relationship management.

Cons

We've run into a couple of relatively minor problems. Specifically, only being able to have a single gift batch open at a time, setting permissions for users is not as flexible/easy as I'd like, and (everyone I work with knows this is the one thing about the software that truly drives me crazy) is the inability to have a pledge paid off with a third party.

JT

Janet T.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Little Green Light Software

I am pleased with it. LGL offers ways to automate processes. We're still learning how that works since we just started using it a month ago, but we will take advantage of it.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. They have a knowledge base with training videos and written information along with live virtual classes. There's a Facebook users' group where one can ask questions. They also offer webinars where the max class size is four and the instructor addresses specific questions. They have been very responsive to my emails. The flex importer was great to have for importing all our donors. It took time to set up our spreadsheet, but it was worth it not to have to manually enter each donor.

Cons

Since I'm new to this type of system (constituent relationship management), there's a lot of new terminology to learn. It's not so much a 'con' as a steep learning curve for me. One piece of advise for the Flex Importer: be sure you understand the difference between a campaign and an appeal. I had to make corrections to our data since I misunderstood it. Fortunately, we're new and have few enough donors that I could make corrections.

GE

Gayle E.

Using Little Green Light

Overall I am very pleased with LGL. I've had issues with the program, but can eventually get it solved by the LGL problem-solving team. (It might take a year or more, but eventually the issues get resolved.) In the meantime, there is almost always a work-around for the problem I am experiencing.

Pros

LGL is user friendly. I use this software daily and I like the ease of entering gifts and keeping track of our constituents.

Cons

I wish there was such a thing as a "sticky note" that could be applied to the opening page of a constituent record. Often we have very important information that needs to be seen every time someone accesses a particular record. Right now, there is no way for this type of information to "jump" out at you. I would like to see some sort of a feature that immediately calls your attention to the record.

BM

Bill M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great cloud-based donor management system for small to medium non-profits

We needed a cloud-based solution that would facilitate the virtual team we were building, we also needed a solution that could import, as easily as possible, records from seven regional offices that we were combining. LGL delivered on all fronts.

Pros

Little Green Light (LGL) looks great, which makes it enjoyable to use. It is stable and fast. It is also flexible so that you can easily customize it to work for your own context. Their customer support is amazing; it is personal and responsive. I normally do not take the time to write a review, but LGL is worth it. It delivers much more than what you pay each month.

Cons

When we first started with LGL (about 7 years ago) they did not support Canadian tax receipts to the same degree they do now, but they did at the time help us with a work-around. They now do support our requirements so that is no longer an issue.

MF

Mary F.

It just makes sense

LGL has helped immensely to organize our donors and over 150 volunteers. Acknowledgements and tracking have improved our donor retention.

Pros

Clean, intuitive, and great tech support for when it gets tricky.

Cons

Hard to make attractively designed emails, you can’t attach PDFs to emails, and form mapping isn’t automated.

AJ

Amy J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

User-friendly and useful for any sized organization

The customer service is phenomenal and makes ease of use incredibly high. The training videos are plentiful and very useful. Personalized options are available and the system can be built to serve the needs of each individual organization.

Pros

LGL is very easy to self-train on, as its features are simple to learn and manage. The system can be set up with personalized features or can be used in its simplest form. Also, because it is all managed online, that makes it easy to manage a virtual office.

Cons

There is not anything about LGL that I think makes the software less appealing.

PL

Paul L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

A good and reasonably priced product. Used it for two organizations

Pros

I love the feature where you can track all donor correspondence with a bcc dropbox code.It works really well to call up different subsets of donors once you know the categories

Cons

I'd like to be able to delete some of the standard fields that are designed more for schools and have it be a bit easier to add fields. But the latter is pretty easy once you know how.

JH

Jeanie H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Little Green Light is a Great Deal for Non-Profit Donor Management

This is the first donor management system the non-profit I advise has had in a while. And it has been a joy. It helps me organize their records efficiently, lets me keep track of how I am doing meeting appeal goals. Name it. Very impressed at its easy-to-learn help and it is so much better value than a lot of comparable software on the market.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is. It offers great tutorials if there is anything I haven't figured out yet. The more I use it the more I realize how robust it is. It has made life a lot easier! It also has capabilities to realize customize---and even has a events component. You can send thank you letters easily. Just as good as the better known systems, in my opinion.

Cons

It is a little time-consuming to import excel spreadsheet info on donor records. But once you change headings to align with LGL fields, you can really save a lot of time.

CS

Cathy S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Best Donor Software Ever!

I have assisted 2 nonprofits in switching to LGL. It was a huge undertaking with the first one, over 40,000 constituents and 350,000 gifts to migrate over. They helped me find a qualified consultant, and we accomplished it in a very timely manner. The end result is Fabulous! I would HIGHLY recommend for anyone looking for a flexible, all-encompassing software!

Pros

The flexibility of LGL to accommodate and streamline multiple softwares, such as volunteer software, grant software, donor software, client software, calendars, tasks, etc. LGL has been so helpful in suggesting solutions, and allowing us to eliminate several costly, single-use software products. Their support and help sections are unheard of! I have NEVER dealt with a company that is so prompt in their responses and so helpful. They have webinars and many video trainings available to do on your own time. And their cost is one-fourth of what we paid previously for our old dinosaur program. Queries and programs are very easy to use. Very modern look, totally customizable for your organization. You will be amazed at everything it is capable of.

Cons

The only thing I wish it would do is have an appeal performance report, and I believe that is in the works now.