Verizon Connect Reveal Reviews

Review Summary

Pros

Overall it has been great. Rocky at first, like any new product startup, but much better now and I have tried 4 other ELD options and this one is hands down the best for us.

Tara C.

We were excited to transition into this platform from a competitor due to connectivity issues. Verizon holds our corporate accounts for our mobile phones and has been a good partner.

Dawn H.

The GPS side of the software is GREAT. I like the replay feature, I like that you can see when the unit is stopped, idling, or driving - to confirm that the driver is doing what they are logging.

Doug C.

Cons

However, they are causing us to be non-compliant due to sending wrong equipment multiple times and we still have two trucks not working at all or not working properly.

Jeannie R.

I do not like that when your system has an update, that the previous version does not work correctly. The laws did not change, so I am not sure why the system does not work.

Karen B.

I have had a very difficult time since inception of your product. We have had multiple account reps in fact one had to be removed because how belligerently rude and unprofessional he was.

Charles R.

It's one of the best purchases our company ever made.

We love this software, and we have cut down on employees unapproved use of company vehicles and improved employee driving safety by using it.

Pros

We've been using Fleetmatics, now Verizon Reveal, for years. We initially signed up with them because we wanted to keep track of what employees were doing in our company vehicles, but this software is capable of so much more. From tracking our oil changes to sending us alerts when employees are speeding, we use this every day. The customer service is amazing also, and there's a pretty nice referral program.

Cons

It recently went through a revamp, and we did a training for the new system about a year before it was actually released. It was a little bit of a messy transition, but once we downloaded the new apps to our phones and got over the hump of getting everyone back on the same page, it's been amazing. The upgraded graphical user interface and new features are great.

Verizon Connect is a good product

In the construction business we are able to see where our trucks are located at all times. We are able to monitor any type of speeding and also unauthorized use of vehicles. Also we are able to see where our vehicles are and not waste a phone call.

Pros

Verizon installed the trackers and helped us set them up. Verizon was very professional throughout this whole process and stuck to their commitments and appointments. When we have issues cutomer service is always a phone call away.

Cons

Even though the trackers were installed for free ... I feel that the monthly service is too expensive. It seems maybe you could get incentives or price breaks.

Good but could be better

I love that I am able to see what my guys are doing at all times every day. It makes it easier for me to tell my customers when my technicians will be there where they are and how long they have been there. I like that I am able to help my guys out by using the maps to give them directions when needed.

Pros

I like that I am able to keep track of my guys with the GPS system they have to offer. I am able to see speed, accidents, engine failures, oil changes and so much more. I am able to locate them ion real time so I always know where they are. It has a lot of features that can be used to help me navigate my guys and get them where they need to be.

Cons

The system will sometime glitch out and will not refresh. I have to reload the program a lot because it does this very often and I am unable to just refresh to solve the issue. Sometimes even after re loading I have to do it a second time to correct the issue. Its a tad bit hard to use some of the features as there are not many instructions.

Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham

Awful.

Pros

I'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software

Cons

We had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we...

So Easy to Use

So far everything seems to be good. I have not had any issues so far using this product. Very easy to use

Pros

I like that you can see all of your drivers in one screen and that it is easy to go back and replay where they have been.

Cons

Honestly I wish it would be more real time and less of a delay. Right now it updates every 2 minutes. Would be nice to see the truck moving in real time

verizon is too big to care

Terrible. Verizon is about verizon customers are the dirt under their feet. They made so many mistakes that they could not and would not correct but then still charge as if they had done their job. This is by far my least favorite company. I look forward to the day a disruptor comes into their space and changes the way they must go to market to stay alive.

Pros

the ease of use, app was good.................

Cons

the errors it had, it could never be corrected, the customer service was non existent, the software is good but the company sucks so bad I cancelled.

Tracking Our Team

Pros

The basics of the software are sound. Using the software is fairly easy and the mobile app is solid.

Cons

Lots of glitches and the web interface is constantly down. We see lots of lags in reporting as well.

Overpriced for what you get

When we signed up the company was Fleetmatics, Verizon bought them at some point - which we did not know, no one ever called on us, etc. Found out from our Verizon phone dude...

Pros

Live map view on the website works and it is difficult for an employee to remove from the vehicle

Cons

Doesn't integrate with our dispatching software as promised. A representative from the company has to install and remove the units. Support is very non responsive. We are being charged for more vehicles than we actually have and can get no results. Too expensive for the functionality and the results we get. Contracts are too long - I have come to conclude that companies that make you sign long contracts do so because they know they will give you bad service.

struggling

Pros

There is no feature that I believe stands out from the others I have used.

Cons

Compared to use of others, Reveal seems to be behind the software. I was given a bunch of lines to purchase the product and then once I did, none of the promises were handled. Customer service is slow to react, calls back at times after hours. They have gotten better but the past treatment still leaves a tough decision.

Run as fast as you can

Horrible. If your looking for a good company with support, This company is not it!

Pros

Easy to use. Would have cancelled a lot sooner, but they don't keep you informed on when contracts are expiring.

Cons

1. Customer support is non-existent. Good luck reaching anyone that will help. 2. If you don't pay attention your contract renews automatically and they will not call to make sure you want to renew. When it does renew after the 3 year contract, your stuck with the same cost. They don't drop the price for just monitoring after you've paid for the hardware. 3. Good luck negotiating. That was a dead end...

Customer Service Nonexistent

Overall it has been very frustrating to work with VerizonConnect. They seem to have no urgency when it comes to fixing issues and complaints/concerns from their customers. They tend to not respond to emails and do not value communication with the customer. It has become very obvious that they do not communicate internally between their various departments. It feels as if each of their departments are...

Pros

The actual software seems to be working well with our fleet. My scheduling department has been testing this software out on a handful of our work trucks for the past few months and now want to install it for our entire fleet (30-40 or so trucks) so that would suggest that the software works, and is easy enough to use and worth the money.

Cons

The customer service at VerizonConnect. I can go weeks waiting for an email back from their team. It has been confirmed with their various departments that they do not communicate with each other internally so each of the departments I have had to interact with has had no idea what was going on / what issues were caused by their fellow departments. For example, the sales team got our business and sent...

We Cried out for Help a Long Time

Since we switched to ELD, absolute kaaos and mayhem. Sold us a product that wouldn't work with 2019 Kenworth. Our tablets were outdated, salesman never checked. We had to purchase $$$ tablets. The HOS violations report didn't work for 8 months. Vehicles we asked to be removed stayed in since 2016 (3 years). Could not provide a cable for a 2019 Kenworth for over 6 months. We were literally forced to go to a competitor. Our account rep was absolutely horrible. The fellow we got at the end was nice, but it was too late by then.

Pros

We liked Fleetmatics. We liked that power units and trailers could go on one page. We liked the reports the program offered. The Irish were friendly, and easy to work with. They were always knowledgeable, and helpful.

Cons

The tablets lost connection with the truck in no cell service areas. Verizon never announced updates. When updates occurred, they would interfere (take presidence) over the logbook in use, blocking drivers from logging in/out from breaks, and creating excessive unassigned miles. The gps would say 195 miles when we travelled 12 miles, not accurate. A vehicle we did not own showed up in our fleet. Vin...

Incompetent Customer Service

If you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.

Pros

The software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called...

Contract renewal

Everything was good till I try to get in contact with my account manager, I was placed on a phone call with a rep, because I was offered a better price on another company so I called to see if Verizon could have giving me a better price to increase my units. This was not possible because the only do this when the contract it about to expired, I remember that I had a contract, but my calculation it...

Pros

Software is good it do a good job but read your contract.

Cons

It refresh over 90 seconds most of the time.

Truck Tracking made easy

Like i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.

Pros

its easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool.

Cons

i don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it For Example DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS 6/1/19- 001 H M H M ...

Basically, a very good product. I highly recommend that you consider it for your fleet management.

Pros

Allows me to spend less time on fleet management and more time on other duties. Allows for driver accountability. Before we used manual logs to write in mileage. There were many gaps. Vehicles would be driven 100s of miles with no documentation of where they had been. We were also able to identify dangerous driving habits (90+ mph with a vehicle load of students!). We use it to provide dynamic routing to pickup students that have had their off-site schedule change. Finally, I have a good handle on maintenance and vehicles are serviced on time, because I can plan ahead. We even use it to track car washings. Training is great, customer service has always help me out in that regard.

Cons

There is no way to easily display current mileage. You must go into the edit vehicle function to display current mileage. There is no way to display the mileage of the vehicle during a trip. It will display the mileage traveled during the trip but not the actual vehicle odometer reading. Not a huge deal, but there are times where it might be useful (forgot to write down mileage of service that I performed in-house). Calculated mileage will drift over time, sometimes by a few hundred miles, so you should be adjusting about once a month by comparing actual vehicle mileage with program calculated. Add a driver as user is challenging if driver is not defined as a user first. Customer service is usual great, but it took me almost a month to get additional fobs last time.

Tacking vehicles

We bought it for e-logs, and tracking vehicles. Difficult for users to easily use.

Pros

I can fined all my vehicles when I need to.

Cons

Integration with other software isn't very easy. Also, administration is not as intuitive as it should be. Difficult to find what I am looking for, and can't always save something if I don't have complete info.

Verizon Connect Review

Route Optimization. Traffic is everywhere is constant here in Massachusetts. I can then determine the best route.

Pros

I like how I can see all of the trucks on the map. I can hover over one of the icons and it will tell me where they are, how fast they going and who is driving. It also tells me how long they have idleing. I am constantly using the "Find Nearest" option as well, this gives the ability to tell customers exactly when the truck will be arriving on site. Overall We are happy with this platform.

Cons

The replay option. I dislike this feature. One reason being I have to watch the whole thing if I just need to see how long the last run took. On the timeline bar below I want to be able to slide that to whatever time frame I need to watch.

The technology and product work reasonably well. The information is an asset to managing the fleet

Pros

The software is relatively intuitive....which is good because the customer support is the worst I have EVER experienced with any product! If you enjoy figuring things out on your own, you will really love this product. You can make it work for you with a little experimentation and some extra time invested.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They have a lot of nice people answering the phone that are very sorry for your troubles...."someone" will get back to you within 24 hours. Unfortunately when they get back to you they are unable to assist you so they will elevate your issue to the tier 2 rep. The tier 2 rep will then get back with you in 24 hours. The tier 2 rep will likely be unable to help you...but...

Poor customer support and follow through

Customer support is awful. We started with fleetmatics in 2016 with 9 total trucks in our fleet. Once Verizon took over, i noticed the customer support took a nose dive and has never been the same. The sales reps take days or weeks to reply to voicemail and emails, or don't respond at all. We downsized to 8 trucks, and we are still being billed for 9 trucks, despite our sales rep guaranteeing me it...

Pros

Running reports on harsh events, speeding, cornering very easy.

Cons

Hours of service functions difficult to monitor. often times our drivers will see something on their tablet such as in their rest period, but on my end they still appear on duty. The ELD customer service hotline is always on point to help our drivers, and lead the way in support. If only the sales reps could do the same!

Verizon Reveal

Overall It has been good. Not great, but good. A lot of work on my part to keep things working with the software. Either way we still get very good track and reports at times when we need them.

Pros

Like the App that i can track where our trucks are at any moment. I like the reports that I can run to see different metrics of the truck. The user interface is pretty easy to use, simple and concise.

Cons

Customer service has been good and then bad. Tend to be a new person every few months that is over our account. Had some install issues with the contractors who installed trackers. Would like to be able to see current mileage of truck in reveal. The reports are shoddy at times, especially gas card purchases.

Never ending contract

My overall experience with Verizon connect reveal And its previous named fleetmatics has been absolutely atrocious. we were sold this product with false hope about what it could and couldn't do And then we were charged a ton of money for services that we were not actually given. The customer service and the contracts are ridiculous so even if I wanted to switch to a different service I would have to pay over $10000 to buy my way out of my contract which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Long story short I'm stuck with this service forever and I'll never be able to get out of this contract.

Pros

This product helps me keep track of my vehicles And helps me to see who needs help where and when they will be at customers homes. It allows me to track speed driving behavior As well as keep track If the crews are where they are supposed to be.

Cons

I do not like that the standard reveal software does not allow you to split Your routes between multiple vehicles. The other service that We purchased originally with reveal allow you to do that but in a very convoluted and not user friendly way and it was very expensive to do a very simple task. I have to use multiple software is now to do the same thing I should be able to do one that I pay an arm and a leg for.

ELD System

It's beneficial to be able to see where each driver/truck is and not have to constantly bother drivers to find out ETAs. Customer service will troubleshoot a driver and provide them with help for their Logbook issues.

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to train drivers on the system with the online training and quiz. There are many positive features such as reporting and tracking along with a simplified screen to show each driver's available hours for the day. Customer service is available 24/7 which is what an OTR Trucking company needs to provide their driver's with assistance for their Logbooks. Being able to see where your driver/truck is at all times is a saving grace and saves time from having to make a phone call to the driver asking for an ETA.

Cons

There were a lot of bugs in the initial roll out of the system, however as time has progressed it seems to have improved significantly. A lot of updates which drivers are not fond of as many drivers are not tech savvy and it would be better if they could limit their updates by testing the functionality of the updates prior to rolling out of the update.

Good product, HORRID customer service.

I've had this product for just over 2 years now tracking 17 trucks. Overall, I like the software, the mobile app, the fuel integration, mileage tracking, and service notifications. We've had a few issues with the installed units, but the installation team (which is subcontracted out) is very prompt and responsive to getting the issues resolved. My account rep and sales team, however, are a different...

Pros

ease of use, easy to install

Cons

Customer service is HORRID!

A great GPS Solution

Their customer service, the products and features and the overall price are great. Honestly after reviewing 3 or 4 competitors this is the best option. I would highly reccomend if your tied in with other verizon partners. If not the system as a standalone gives you everything and more you could want, it just makes it potentially a double entry situation.

Pros

It is feature packed, however my one star i took away is because it only intergrates now with verizon Partners. We use none of those, so its completey stand alone for us. It works great for a fleet of any size. Installation of the units is quick and we have only had one issue with scheduling. The software is very reliable and we have no outages or missed data.

Cons

The cost, to be honest the cost isnt bad, however every new unit is under a extended contract. This greatly limits our ability to be fluid with our internal processes as were locked in for a new term with each new unit. It would be fantastic if this system/software could be easily intergrated with other programs. Our dispatching software doesnt allow us to intergrate with this software so were stuck using standalone systems.