All categories
JOBPROGRESS

Business productivity tool for home improvement contractors

visit website

JOBPROGRESS Reviews

Pros

This software is awesome full user friendly. Third party integration in this software is awesome.

Nirmal Kumar C.

We have been able to communicate as a team better now that we have a system in place to help eachother out. The tracking on proposals is great to know what our clients think of our bids and estimates.

Allison B.

I like that it is cloud based, accessible from anywhere. The ability to create a job flow tailored to our company is nice as well.

Tyler W.

Cons

The thing I found most irritating was when I brought up my concerns to the sales person.

Clint P.

Sometimes there is a delay as well which interferes with prompt scheduling. I have a problem with copying templates as well into an email - sometimes will take 2-3 times to take.

Barbara M.

The one thing I have ran into is the inability to delete jobs. If there is duplicate jobs created, it just causes a big mess.

Ashley C.

JobProgress Review

Transcript

Nik M.: Hi, my name is Nik and I'm a project manager estimator for a paint company and I would rate JobProgress...

Best CRM For Your Money!!

Excellent or A++

Pros

Easily the best and most customizable CRM for the industry our today. Their app is second to none and the desktop platform makes following jobs a breeze! Plus, grabbing an e-signature right on the contract on the app is cake. No extra app to use

Cons

There really are none, if something arose the team at JP jumped to correct or add it right away.

Add More Features/Uses

I love the customer service you guys provide, and I hope that doesn't change as you expand. The database itself is user friendly, I just see potential for more features

Pros

I love the separation of the production calendar from the staff calendar. The customer contact directory is great, and mainly why I got Job Progress to begin with so we could manage our customers better.

Cons

I think this software could do more. I don't like the graph layouts we are given, I wish we could choose among different kinds of graphs that could help us better visualize our data. I also wish the proposals allowed me to customize the font more so whilst I am making a proposal that has already been merged to a customer. Instead, if I want to fix the font sizing on the proposal I have to exit where...

Loving Job Progress!!!

Pros

The ease of use on this software is fantastic. It is far easier to navigate than other systems we have tried. Customer service is great and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has done a great job onboarding us and helping us get the system set up and customized to work best for us.

Cons

We would like to have a safeguard in place so that you can't send an estimate or proposal and show your price calculations by mistake.

Pros

I love the features, when they work accurately. Very user friendly for the field. The staff is very friendly. They try and help where they can.

Cons

The reporting is not accurate and I have sent in several emails calls complaints etc. with no responses on the status. Some things get fixed and I am always told they are "working on it" but i have been complaining about the reporting hiccups since we started a little over 2 years ago. Another down fall is some times they cant even tell you how to pull certain repots to get information you want. The staff should 100% know their product. I pay in full and have never been discounted/compensated with all the issues we've had. They need to work on better follow ups and updating customers regarding issues.

JobProgress

Really dont experience issues, once in a while it seems there are access issues in the field as well as the office, but usually restart and we are all good again.

Pros

Multi user, realtime, office and field access. Ability to upload and view all documents, photos, material list and work orders anytime.

Cons

The ability to edit format is not avialable, once something is set up you dont have opportuities to edit, availabity to set up pricing and documents without having to pay the fee to have them available in the system.

Great software with room for improvement!

We use JP to run our entire operation and plan to use it in the near future. It's constantly getting better, mgmt is very engaging and always taking feedback and making progress.

Pros

JP is easy to use once you get it configured to your business processes. Macros that streamline the estimate/proposal process along with integration to suppliers all within the job keeps the documentation process on the job easy to manage. Also, it doesn't take long to get new users trained on how to use JP on a daily basis.

Cons

The ability to use Zapier and input new leads/customers needs to be cleaned up and more open to align with Referal Sources so it can in as a Zap and not manually entered. Right now, this integration isn't very well designed from a data input standpoint, only minimum fields. We do a lot of insurance roofing jobs and the ability to bring those in as a PDF and autocreate the estimate is a big win BUT...

JP is my most used app across all devices

I log in all my customers and information into JP so that when I go to bed at night, I don't wake up in the middle of the night remembering some customer that fell through the cracks. All

Pros

Being able to easily write up contracts and send to customer's for electronic approval is fantastic. Invoicing and change orders are easy and straightforward, and being able to customize the progress flow is a nice touch. One of the best features is the intuitive mobile app that can be used on the field while meeting with customers or even confirming the scope of work for a job. Being able to customize templates easily was my main reason for advocating the use of JP, as creating different templates such as certificates of completion was vital.

Cons

It would be nice to have an easier and more intuitive estimating feature. We were able to use AccuLynx for a while, and though we went back to JP for various reasons, we thought the estimating feature on AccuLynx was far superior, as it was more intuitive and aesthetically pleasing (which made it easier to work with and break down when estimating very large projects). The contracts on AccuLynx also...

JobProgress is a GREAT TOOL for our business

I've had a wonderful experience with the software and support when needed. JobProgress is doing a wonderful job.

Pros

I like the User interface and the ability to enter in data and some of the customization.

Cons

There is a lot and utilizing the features the best way possible.

JP for Pools

Overall, after using a few different options, Job progress seems to check more boxes than the others for what we need it for. From the automation, to the templates, this software makes it easy to communicate with clients and keeps everything right there at your fingertips.

Pros

The best feature for our company is the bid management and CRM abilities of the software. We are able to keep all communication in one customer window, which helps know what has been said and promised. The Accept/Reject feature is also a nice touch to assist with knowing which estimate is the final one.

Cons

Scheduling seems to be a bit convoluted. The notifications are nice for the app, but I would like to be notified when using the online version, and that doesn't seem to be as user friendly.

JP needs some upgrades

It has been fine, not excellent. We have had major issues with the email portion and have spoken to support about it way too many times

Pros

It was the best on the market at the time we enrolled

Cons

It has so many flaws -the email load chain is obnoxious, emails get lost or never received, there are too many steps to do simple tasks, the custom contracts are not readable to the finance portion, estimates can not be converted to contracts, the calendar has never synced properly, it’s hard to access closed jobs if archived, pictures take forever to load through the app, there are too many options on the system that don’t pertain to our industry (pool business)

The best platform I have used

Overall I am in love with Job progress within my 4 years of being in this industry this platform has made my job the easiest, it has been. As I am learning more about the program the more I am realizing that it is helping the company as a whole. I absolutely love this program and will possible us it until I cant anymore.

Pros

This whole system has made an impact on our company. It has most definitely eliminated 99.99% of all phone calls that were being made to figure out where the project was in our processes. For the past year, we have only scratched the very basic parts of Job progress. Just recently we have been able to dive into the program and utilize it even more for our company. This program is definitely one I will always recommend to any other business owner I know!

Cons

The only con I have for this program is that there is so much that can be done, yet not enough explanation, meaning there isn't a way for me to ask our sales rep to show me the hidden features. Because honestly all of the job progress seems to be a hidden feature.

GOD SENT SOFTWARE!

I am an Accountant by School and Roofing Contractor by Experience and I can testify after working for a CPA and integrating software of all kinds that JobProgress is hands down the best I have stumbled upon. Simplicity with absolutely powerful software that is an all in one solution.

Pros

UNBELEIVABLE SUPPORT & FORWARD PROGRESS TO DEVELOPMENT! Eagleview Integration Electronic Proposals/Contract with notifications Macros for Materials, Labor, Activities, etc are endless Customizable Forms Google Integration Financing Integration Quickbooks Integration Google Drive Integration Fair Price per user POWERFUL Mobile App Customer Website to Share all documents, price, balance, pictures, scheduling, quickbooks payment! Email Automation Email Template Customization Feedback is heard toward improvements! They actually listen! My Sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the BEST. Talk to me at 9pm at night sometimes finding solutions. Tech guys - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have solutions to simplify your business workflow and are 100% American based.

Cons

At the moment 2/4/20 just lack of reports and 2 way integration with Quickbooks. But they making improvements quick. So I would stay tuned.

Great way to streamline processes

We aren't using JobProgress to its full capability yet, but will be soon. Right now, it has really helped our communication with our customers be more efficient as well as keep track of our sales pipeline and estimates. We are LOVING it compared to our previous CRM.

Pros

I love that we can see how many jobs and dollar volume in each step of our sales/production stage and easily move jobs to a new stage, sales automation with automatic emails to the customer every time their job changes status is WONDERFUL. I also love using the production calendar for scheduling. Being able to set tasks or messages within each job is also great for keeping track of internal communications regarding each job. We also were able to have them create templates that look identical to our paper proposals. The ability to send, sign, view, and accept a proposal with just a click of a button is great.

Cons

It would be great if jobs could automatically move stages in the workflow when a corresponding action is taken (e.g. if setting an estimate appointment would move it to our stage that corresponds with appointments scheduled, or moved it to "job scheduled" when we set a production date), but I understand with custom workflows this would be hard to make happen. It would also be nice if more information...

1 year review

JP right now is a love-hate relationship. I have invested so much into it, but yet I still feel like it is falling short and some basic but important function. I'm hopeful that these items will change.

Pros

1.) ease of use 2.) estimating portion 3.) workflow management 4.) documentation management 5.) sales tracking

Cons

1.) accounting integration w/ QuickBooks does not work well 2.) no copy and paste feature 3.) I had my proposal template converted and it looked awful and I had to pay for it 4.) you allow google sheets integration but not google docs so I can work on my normal proposal format 5.) you have to be in a client or search for a client to add a new job to that client 6.) no easy accounts payable system ( i have to use dropbox for that) 7.) change orders estimate sheet has different settings from the normal estimate sheet. creating double work 8.) P&L is manual entry so if we use it, we have double-entry again. Once in Quickbooks once in JP. 9.) Training is very surface level. I had to learn most of it on my own and then train my staff.

Get back to the family!

Amazing!

Pros

Working with support team and the Job Progress team has been nothing short of amazing. Support team commitment to helping his clients maximize the potential of their Job Progress Operating System seems limitless. There are a few people in business like him. He’s the kind of guy that sold me on the benefits of his system, then immediately helped me implement the system and has continued to follow up...

Cons

There is nothing I don’t love about the software.

New to the industry, new to JP

I'm very pleased with the software, as never having experience with competitive software in the past. I have a lot of corporate experience and this was a seamless transition for me.

Pros

I'm new to the industry, less than 6 months ago. I was introduced to JP my first day on the job and I have loved using the software. I love that it has the templates available so that you don't have to re-write the same email over and over again when you onboard a new customer. Moving customers through the stages is very helpful from a sales perspective.

Cons

Sometimes, I find the document management a bit clunky, especially on mobile. I find myself having to spend extra time searching for how to access documents for a customer on mobile whereas I don't have to do that on the desktop version. I also want to be able to set an appointment directly from a customer's profile with that customer, but you have to go to the calendar feature first and then add the meeting that way. It would be way more functional to have the ability to schedule directly while in the customer screen.

Univera Construction, LLC

So far things have been very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is usually pretty good about responding quickly. This program overall has made my life in the office much simpler.

Pros

Being able to quickly generate an estimate to a proposal is very helpful in our office. I like the act that the photos are easily accessible. Our customers RAVE about the customer webpage and how easy it is to sign the documents and it makes my life SO much easier to see who has accepted and who has not. The scheduling is very simple and convenient for myself in the office and for the tech in the field. They can easily see their schedules and know where they need to be. Being able send the invoices and to add the payments to the financials page and they go directly to QBO is probably my favorite feature of this program.

Cons

I wish i was able to search jobs by the invoice number, the way our company is set up it would make things much simpler. We have been asking to get a scope form created that we can generate directly to an invoice like what you have for the roofers who use the program.

Best CRM With Customer Service To Match

I first started using JobProgress over a year ago. I had been seeking a CRM for trade specific industries and even spoke to all the big companies at the World of Concrete. Not one of them was able to give me what I was looking for. Ease of use, document management, complete financials, thorough reporting, customer, employee and contractor engagement. All of my divisions in my company are broken down...

Pros

Flexibility to improvements and suggestions. Constant upgrades and new features. Robust reporting and data gathering.

Cons

Some growing pains along the way but not much to currently complain about.

Marketing and Social Media Manager

We experienced great customer service with Job Progress. If we have a concern or problem we can get help or advice from customer service. We have a great relationship with our support tech. Job Progress is definitely the next step to take when growing a successful business.

Pros

We love this software for so many reasons. It keeps our projects organized with contact information, photos and the current stage of production the job is in. It is easy to use and a huge time saver when getting quotes out to customers and billing. Job Progress allows improved and quality communication in all areas, with office staff, men on the field, subcontractors, delivery vendors and customers.

Cons

Editing photos in Job Progress would be beneficial to our company because we use the photos in marketing.

Easy to ise

Excellent program. The team use it which everyone knows is the problem

Pros

The integration was very easy. They helped with setup which was much different then any other program we have used. The ease with which you can email for digital signatures has been a god send during the pandemic.

Cons

I wish the accounting features worked. It doubles everything up.

Excellent Software

I have not had any issues with Job Progress, they have been upfront and honest about the monthly cost, they have always been available to answer all questions, and the program is very user friendly.

Pros

This software keeps records of where we are with our projects both financially and allows us to know the stages of our projects, I am a newer user but it was very easy to integrate our business into the program. The team is always available to help me manuver anything I have done incorrectly or struggle to do. I see our company growing substantially and also growing with all the functions this program allows me to use.

Cons

There really isn't much I don't like about the software, I guess if I could change one thing it would be to have a clear page with our logo where I could add our Contract page to.

Make the Switch, It was a Game Changer!

JobProgress has been a great addition to our company and we consider them part of our team. From IRE till now, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great and has made or impacted several requests for changes and updates that we have requested. The support team is wonderful, efficient and actually listens to valid request to their software.

Pros

The overall flow of the program and the ability to use MACROS! Game Changer for any estimator on the fly.

Cons

So far we have not encountered a "least" option for our business, if anything it is small petty changes to fit our operation.

Great Experience

Great! This system has helped to streamline a lot of loose ends. We weren’t aware of how loose we had been with certain procedures until JP exploited them. The great thing is JP exploited weaknesses and then offer a solution. Great system!

Pros

User friendly. Integration compatibility is very nice. By allowing us to input our company’s workflow into the system really helped us to bridge the learning gap, a lot of comparable systems force you to fit your workflow into their software structure and that doesn’t make for a good experience. Having the freedom to structure JP to how our systems work is the one of the best attributes. JP’s customer management portals is second to none and certainly helps to separate us from competitors.

Cons

I’m sure cons exist but we haven’t found one yet so I really can’t speak to that.

Steve from Outeast

FABULOUS!!! I cannot believe I found a program that actually works for us the way it does... I thought for sure I was going to have to pay big bucks to have software custom made for us.!! Love it!

Pros

Job Progress has been great. The way I used to run my company was with custom made spreadsheets designed specifically for my business and my trade, and when I say custom my spreadsheets were the most in depth sheets I have ever even seen so changing was hard. I am amazed at how much Job Progress already included things that I was using, tracking with my other system, things that no one thought of...

Cons

The only thing I wish was that I could customize things a bit more for ex: inside material I would like to be able to edit the tags, When adding a customer or a job I would like to edit the tags (because some of them i never ever use and there is other information I would like there). Also the Profit & Loss needs some work, its probably great for companies that never used it before, but I had a very custom way separated hours of labor and material etc, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I are working on that to customize it a little bit more.

JP Review

We are able to streamline our business from lead inception to closing jobs and sending reviews

Pros

Cons

I wish that switching between our distributors didn't make us change Macros