JobProgress Reviews

JobProgress

Business productivity tool for home improvement contractors

4.46/5 (181 reviews)

Pros
  • The customer service is absolutely great , they are there for you all the time. I would recommend this to any business out there, if a pain in the neck like me loves it, anyone will.Steven P.Read the full review
  • Easy to program, great features, super folks to work with. The best part is that this platform seems to outperform all the other platforms we've tried and it's much more reasonable in price.Paul D.Read the full review
  • Job progress is a great software program that has a good mobile application and easy to learn and use.Dan V.Read the full review
Cons
  • We ended up cancelling because we were unable to do any zapier integrations.Ashley M.Read the full review
  • Difficulty to design and edit templates, no option to download previous proposals or company documents, emails unable to go through and last but not least having to refresh to see updates.Joshua N.Read the full review
  • Also, if there was another option in the estimating to where you could hide view of just the markup/margin. If you just hit the "Hide Pricing" button, all the pricing goes away.Deserey A.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Zach Loescher

Best CRM For Your Money!!

Excellent or A++

Pros
Easily the best and most customizable CRM for the industry our today. Their app is second to none and the desktop platform makes following jobs a breeze! Plus, grabbing an e-signature right on the contract on the app is cake. No extra app to use

Cons
There really are none, if something arose the team at JP jumped to correct or add it right away.

Rachel Bulder

Add More Features/Uses

Reviewed 2019-06-28

I love the customer service you guys provide, and I hope that doesn't change as you expand. The database itself is user friendly, I just see potential for more features

Pros
I love the separation of the production calendar from the staff calendar. The customer contact directory is great, and mainly why I got Job Progress to begin with so we could manage our customers better.

Cons
I think this software could do more. I don't like the graph layouts we are given, I wish we could choose among different kinds of graphs that could help us better visualize our data. I also wish the proposals allowed me to customize the font more so whilst I am making a proposal that has already been merged to a customer. Instead, if I want to fix the font sizing on the proposal I have to exit where I am and edit the template itself and then that edit applies to all future proposals. I just want more flexibility on the customization side. Lastly, I think this program has so much potential to integrate a canvassing segment to it. Maybe integrate with Google maps or another program to create an option for companies to track their canvassers. Right now, I use Google maps to track my canvassers, but it would be great if we could do that all on Job Progress so they also have real time access to where they've gone and what neighborhoods are successful, etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Tammy Tillman

Too many clicks to achieve the goal..

Reviewed 2019-06-28

It's cumbersome when you have to click, check, click, check, etc. to get to where you want to go. I also don't like the fact that at some points when you're doing a task within the job, it doesn't show you what job your on any longer because the secondary screen (like an email or template) covers the important portion of the screen. It is almost imperative that you have multiple screens open at the same time so you can achieve what you want. I also don't like that you can't reply to a task. You can add on to a task through edit, but the original sender doesn't know that you edited or added any notes or questions to the task unless you let them know to look at the task they just sent to you, which defeats the purpose if I have to call them to tell them to look at the task and new notes, I might as well not have sent the task to begin with. Just a thought.

Pros
I like the simplicity of Job Progress for the most part.

Cons
1st) I think the functionality could be a lot better. I hate that I must refresh my screen to know that I have new tasks, and messages, and emails. If I am working on something else, I might miss something that needs immediate reaction because I have not refreshed my screen. 2nd) I also have a problem with the fact that when we send emails from JP, after you have typed your desired recipient into the "To" line, if you check the attachment or change the email in any way it erases the "To" line and automatically inserts our own email. So if you're not paying attention, you will send the email back to yourself, and NOT the person or company you intend to send to. Why??

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Blake McAlavy

GOD SENT SOFTWARE!

Reviewed 2020-02-04
Review Source: Software Advice

I am an Accountant by School and Roofing Contractor by Experience and I can testify after working for a CPA and integrating software of all kinds that JobProgress is hands down the best I have stumbled upon. Simplicity with absolutely powerful software that is an all in one solution.

Pros
UNBELEIVABLE SUPPORT & FORWARD PROGRESS TO DEVELOPMENT! Eagleview Integration Electronic Proposals/Contract with notifications Macros for Materials, Labor, Activities, etc are endless Customizable Forms Google Integration Financing Integration Quickbooks Integration Google Drive Integration Fair Price per user POWERFUL Mobile App Customer Website to Share all documents, price, balance, pictures, scheduling, quickbooks payment! Email Automation Email Template Customization Feedback is heard toward improvements! They actually listen! My Sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the BEST. Talk to me at 9pm at night sometimes finding solutions. Tech guys - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have solutions to simplify your business workflow and are 100% American based.

Cons
At the moment 2/4/20 just lack of reports and 2 way integration with Quickbooks. But they making improvements quick. So I would stay tuned.

Molly Giberson

Great way to streamline processes

Reviewed 2019-11-12
Review Source: Software Advice

We aren't using JobProgress to its full capability yet, but will be soon. Right now, it has really helped our communication with our customers be more efficient as well as keep track of our sales pipeline and estimates. We are LOVING it compared to our previous CRM.

Pros
I love that we can see how many jobs and dollar volume in each step of our sales/production stage and easily move jobs to a new stage, sales automation with automatic emails to the customer every time their job changes status is WONDERFUL. I also love using the production calendar for scheduling. Being able to set tasks or messages within each job is also great for keeping track of internal communications regarding each job. We also were able to have them create templates that look identical to our paper proposals. The ability to send, sign, view, and accept a proposal with just a click of a button is great.

Cons
It would be great if jobs could automatically move stages in the workflow when a corresponding action is taken (e.g. if setting an estimate appointment would move it to our stage that corresponds with appointments scheduled, or moved it to "job scheduled" when we set a production date), but I understand with custom workflows this would be hard to make happen. It would also be nice if more information from the measurements or estimates translated into the contract and/or work order. We currently use excel workbooks for estimates, contracts, work orders, and purchase orders, and all the pages talk to each other so we only have to enter information on one page. We haven't used JobProgress work orders or proposals yet because of this. In the calendars, if you put an appointment on one person's calendar and choose someone else as an attendee, it doesn't show up on the attendee's calendar, so we have been having to set duplicate appointments to do that. It would be nice if I set an appointment for X and Y needs to be there too, that I be able to set one appointment and it show up on both calendars.

Kim Whitin

Best CRM With Customer Service To Match

Reviewed 2019-06-18

I first started using JobProgress over a year ago. I had been seeking a CRM for trade specific industries and even spoke to all the big companies at the World of Concrete. Not one of them was able to give me what I was looking for. Ease of use, document management, complete financials, thorough reporting, customer, employee and contractor engagement. All of my divisions in my company are broken down and maintained through JobProgress and so, so much more. Other companies have those options but they weren't geared to a company of my size which meant when I needed a bug addressed or a rep to explain how to use my software I couldn't get anywhere! The crew at JobProgress care that their software is an extension of my company and I feel they are an extension of my team!! My suggestions are taken seriously and I often see them implemented in their many updates and new feature releases.

Pros
Flexibility to improvements and suggestions. Constant upgrades and new features. Robust reporting and data gathering.

Cons
Some growing pains along the way but not much to currently complain about.

Paul D'Arcy

JobProgress gets it right!

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Our salesman was not pushy, or annoying at all. He kept us informed and went far beyond our expectations in answering our questions and suggesting solutions to our challenges.

Pros

Cons
There are still a few features that are being built-out -but the development team seems to be working on them. These folks are also very receptive to our needs.

Deserey Aguirre

JobProgress for the Win!

Reviewed 2019-07-09

Our company is very satisfied with JobProgress overall. It has made our scheduling and in house processes run more efficiently.

Pros
I love all the customization options! We can really make this CRM our own and make it work for what we need as a company. It's so user friendly- I was very surprised that the Roofing Specialists here took to it so fast and are able to maneuver through the software with minimal questions.

Cons
I would like to see more information transferable through QuickBooks. Right now, I have to manually enter any expenses for each job, instead of being able to pull that information from QuickBooks itself. The CRM we used before pulled each expense/credit, and it was easier for my Roofing Specialists to look at how much they have in their jobs. Also, if there was another option in the estimating to where you could hide view of just the markup/margin. If you just hit the "Hide Pricing" button, all the pricing goes away. The customers like to see their prices itemized.

Craig Blair

Job Progress 2020 review

Reviewed 2020-02-07

We benefit greatly from an organizational standpoint since it is very easy to see how everything is flowing.

Pros
Ease of use. The interface with the buckets gives a clear snapshot of what I need to do to move along our jobs.

Cons
Once the buckets are set on the home page it is difficult to ever revise them. It would be great if they could be revised as the needs change for a company without being too disruptive.

Laura Quinley

Reviewed 2019-07-01

So far everything has been great overall.

Pros
I like that the software can for the most part be customized to our business and the way we operate. I also like that you take recommendations or comments from users and look into solutions.

Cons
We haven't gotten that far yet. There were a couple of things asked during training that are not in place yet so it's possible they may be for future.

Ryan Stuart

Get back to the family!

Reviewed 2019-05-24

Amazing!

Pros
Working with support team and the Job Progress team has been nothing short of amazing. Support team commitment to helping his clients maximize the potential of their Job Progress Operating System seems limitless. There are a few people in business like him. He’s the kind of guy that sold me on the benefits of his system, then immediately helped me implement the system and has continued to follow up with me unsolicited on a regular basis to make sure I am leveraging the latest upgrades to the platform. in several instances, we have uncovered additional ways to leverage they are technology and they have customized certain processes specific to our company. This type of customer service doesn’t exist anymore. These guys are serious about what they do and 100% committed to their clients success. You really feel like you have a true partner, and the cost becomes Insignificant when you consider the incredible value of the relationship. This platform has simplified and streamlined our systems and processes allowing us to focus our attention on revenue generating activities. This system provides a seamless process for our customers, and has streamlined our back end operations, making them much more manageable, and freeing up tremendous amounts of time. Precious time, to get back to the family!

Cons
There is nothing I don’t love about the software.

Steven Pitkanen

Steve from Outeast

Reviewed 2019-06-29

FABULOUS!!! I cannot believe I found a program that actually works for us the way it does... I thought for sure I was going to have to pay big bucks to have software custom made for us.!! Love it!

Pros
Job Progress has been great. The way I used to run my company was with custom made spreadsheets designed specifically for my business and my trade, and when I say custom my spreadsheets were the most in depth sheets I have ever even seen so changing was hard. I am amazed at how much Job Progress already included things that I was using, tracking with my other system, things that no one thought of but they did... My main reason for switching was the ease of use, its so easy for my guys (who arent as tech savvy as I am) to use, it keeps track of all the data easily, the app is wonderful for in the field, but the best thing about Job Progress is that things that I bring up that I request or recommend does not get swept under the rug, they go right to the development team and make it happen! the customer service is absolutely great , they are there for you all the time. I would recommend this to any business out there, if a pain in the neck like me loves it, anyone will...

Cons
The only thing I wish was that I could customize things a bit more for ex: inside material I would like to be able to edit the tags, When adding a customer or a job I would like to edit the tags (because some of them i never ever use and there is other information I would like there). Also the Profit & Loss needs some work, its probably great for companies that never used it before, but I had a very custom way separated hours of labor and material etc, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I are working on that to customize it a little bit more.

Steve Wilder

Lots of positives with some tradeoffs

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Job Progress has helped move the ball further along for our company. We're finally getting to where we can take payments online for example. There have been headaches during our extended migration due to slow adoptability but as a whole it has given the company much more to work with.

Pros
The best thing about Job Progress for me is that it can be accessed anywhere across multiple device formats. That, and it does bring everything together. Getting to the point of using it to it's full potential has been an issue but at least there is potential.

Cons
While Job Progress has multiple positives it tends to be a bit of a sluggish process as a regular user. If I was a sales rep maybe I wouldn't notice but as someone who heavily uses Job Progress to assign sales leads and connect with customers things can be sluggish and unresponsive at times.

Terri Benson

JobProgress Review

Reviewed 2019-06-14

Our company is now organized. There are no more stacks of paperwork, post-it-notes, unpaid invoices, lost proposals or signed contracts. Communication is crystal clear with the calendars showing where each job is, pictures of the site, materials and cost, timeline, etc.

Pros
#1 reason is my training guy. He was extremely knowledgeable, answered every ridiculous question, patience of a saint. He let me text him questions at anytime to get an immediate answer so it wouldn't hold up the job. As for the software, amazing. We are a small, family owned business who did things the dinosaur way: paper and pencil. It took alot to get the owner to convert. The program is user friendly, company adapable, can be used on mobile, IPad, and desktop, and best of all, keeps us all in contact with one another and the client.

Cons
There were a couple of glitches that came up, but you were always able to take care of it promptly. The most difficult for me was switching between desktop in the daytime to mobile in the evening. But practice makes perfect. I've got it now!

Anonymous

It has been great.

Reviewed 2018-07-02

Pros
There are many features that I like about this software. The first feature that I think is really effective is that you can customize it to meet you needs. After customizing the software everything is self explanatory. You can look at it and know how to maneuver it. The calendar is also a very important feature because we schedule appointments and are able to keep track about everyone's tasks, locations, and dates. The third and last feature that I like about the software is that you are able to get an advance search on categories on the workcenter tab. I believe that the software is a very resourceful tool for our company.

Cons
At this time there is nothing that I don't like about the software when I'm using it from a desktop, but I do feel that there is some glitches and or issues on the mobile app. The view on the calendar in the mobile app is not very friendly. I've had difficulties to add/delete appointments. Another issues that I have is the uploading of pics, this process is very slow and it takes for ever to complete. The screens have to be on always if not it will pause and or make me restart the process, I cannot take any calls nor make any calls.

Adam Nielsen

Small but big

Reviewed 2019-06-15

Pros
We like using e-signatures without having to pay extra.

Cons
Setting up some of the templates and macros is cumbersome.

Joe Ward

Should help our company's organization and make us more efficient.

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
Digital documents/signatures. Customer webpage. Ability to keep my sales reps and our customers more organized and keep better track of them. Production and scheduling. App based for working on the field. Overall it's a solid program.

Cons
There are a few things that need to be added or corrected but I know they are working on them. A couple off the top of my head would be: Ability to customize your work center page. To remove the product adds and classifieds at the bottom and replace with something relevant to our company such as "Company Announcements" or a "Note pad" for example. It's not a free program, we pay a good amount for it so I feel we should be able to remove these and replace them with something that works better for us. Issues with the Multi-project option. You need to be able to invoice and work directly off of the parent job invoice and financials rather than having to invoice each individual trade. Because of this we need to use the single project when Multi-project would be better suited. Ability to change a single trade to a multi-project at any time. A project may start as a single trade and need to be changed to a multi-project.

Response from JobProgress

Joe,

Excellent input ... Appreciated! We hear you!

1. Some improvement to WorkCenter customization
2. More relevant Company centric activity
3. on Multi-Project (ability to invoice off the Parent)
4. More flexibility between Multi-Project and single trade jobs

Got it ... we have already begun efforts on some of those points and will discuss the rest

Anonymous

Job Progress review

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Pros
You can see your projects from start to finish You can adjust what everyone sees in their different roles The flags are great and help keep things organized

Cons
There is too much loading time. You can not add someone to a conversation later, if you want to include another member you have to start an entirely new message thread The new calendar takes even longer to load since the new update If there is any added stage it does not apply to the previously entered jobs, if you want them to have all the current stages you have to go and re-enter and then delete all of the duplicated I wish there were more color coding options so that you could customize it to suit your business

Response from JobProgress

Thank you for your continued use of the JobProgress Platform. We are constantly attempting to improve performance and features. We have made and continue to make improvements regarding load time and invest in our overall security and infrastructure. We appreciate your feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Abbey Hadachek

Very easy to use and maneuver through the software with awesome customer support!

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Job Progress is an efficient software for our company to track each and every lead, from their first contact to completion of a project and payment! Nothing gets missed or "slips through the cracks". It is user-friendly, and the support is exceptional. When we need adjustments or changes to how it works with our flow, it gets addressed immediately!

Pros
It's easy to track each new lead and to follow up when needed. I love that every email, invoice, etc. are easily linked to the job, and easy to make changes/adjustments. I like the way the jobs "flow" and that we can have changes made to fit our company's needs.

Cons
Sometimes it seems too slow. I have to wait for a page to finish processing before I move to the next thing I need to do. It could be our internet, but it's consistently slow on this software, not everything I'm doing...

Response from JobProgress

Abby,

TriState Concrete is the BEST! We appreciate you as a business and as great people looking to do the best they can do in the communities they serve. We know that TriState and JobProgress both are in business for the same reasons: to serve their community the best the can and make a positive impact along the way. Thanks for being such a great customer!

Bill McSpadden

Improved our customer service, Improved our sales volume, Made us more efficient.

Reviewed 2018-07-02

Streamlines our processes, helps us increase sales with proposal and lead tracking, saves us time and money, lets me check in when I am out of the office, allows me to work from home as easily as in the office.

Pros
Everything is together in one place. With JP and QB Online, I can check on my business from be beach in Costa Rica. We track leads better, we follow up better, we deliver faster, our field guys are better informed because they have pictures of the jobs with the work drawn on to them. Customers are also impressed. I thought tablets and internet connections in the field would be a problem but it really has not.

Cons
Took a while to get used to because it substituted for our entire process. I wish it were flexible in some areas BUT the more time I spend with it, the happier I am. We ran a parallel test with current systems in Q4 2017 and then implemented on Jan 1 2018

Response from JobProgress

Capitol Awning is a very well run business and we are humbly thankful for the ability to be a trusted part of the success you are achieving there! Thanks BILL! We will continue to do our Best to meet your expectations and business needs.

Nirmal Kumar Chaturvedi

This software is awesome full user friendly. Third party integration in this software is awesome.

Reviewed 2017-06-01

Pros
1. In this software Social media integration feature is great. 2. Schedule the appointment with customer, appointment synchronization with google calendar awesome. 3. Template builder tool in Web is Awesome. 4. Another functionality of this software production calendar is great. 5. User level Permission is great that help to a organization work accordingly. 6. Proposal Tracking whit mail is Grate functionality. 7. Mobile app is also great implementation of this software. 8. Over all this software is Great Product.

Cons
1. In mobile app Insurance proposal not edit. 2. Invoice not create in mobile app. 3. In mobile app production board functionality not implemented.. 4. Mobile app have some Limitation.

Jon Drew

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Pros
The breadth of functionality was what drew us initially. Particularly the webpage to provide to customers with updates however we have not used that to its fullest extent.

Cons
The program is slow to operate at times and while it does what we want out of the system, it is a little cumbersome to get everything entered in a timely fashion

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kathryn Woodward

Our goal was to streamline project communications between work groups; happy to find vastly more!

Reviewed 2017-05-23

All around good hub for projects.

Pros
Set up was a breeze, we were up and running in a few days with the full support of our contact who has been responsive and timely and who also welcomed conversation with our developer about integrating with JobProgress and he hosted a training session for our sales team on basic usage, applying some real-time scenarios. Not only is the platform intuitive but it is customizable and JobProgress is always offering support along the way. We appreciate the calm and logical method of approach from everyone at JobProgress. I am not sure if this comes from experience or if it is leadership inspired but we like it. They know that the user must be comfortable with the product and that the product makes sense to the users business model for their brand and product to be successful truly a no-pressure situation.

Cons
I least like that a client cannot show up as a lead without job info. It would be nice if the calendaring synchronization worked two-way. Being able to move (drag and drop, add or hide) the work center modules would be useful. At the Production Calendar, t would be great to have the option to display all or search a client/job

Response from JOBPROGRESS

Thanks for the review Kathy and we will contact you about the product suggestions. We appreciate having Expert Restoration Service as a user!

Dan Musiyevich

Overall good experience

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
Saves me time, money, and everything is more organized and in control! Don't need all the extra papers on my desk, everything right in this software.

Cons
What I like least about this software is that sometimes it doesn't stay flipped/ rotated if my iPad is flipped / rotated onto its side ..

Response from JobProgress

Dan,

Appreciated! By the way, we are aware of the rotating issue on some forms and screens and are addressing ... we see more and more of our contractor subscribers using the mobile keyboards alongside their tablet and we will make it so that when you rotate the screen to (for example) plug into your mobile keyboard ... the form / JP screen will rotate with it accordingly. Got it.

Justin Millard

Quality product, just needs a few tweeks

organization

Pros
Easy to use, I love how it helps me keep up with items that need to be done for the day. I like how I'm able to sort customers by what step they're at in the sales process.

Cons
Working on templates that are uploaded into JP. For example, changing fonts, adding line items. It would be great if the templates had a function almost like Microsoft Word. I would also like it if scheduled daily tasks that werent "completed" for the day didn't get removed the next day. Maybe they were moved to a "past due" section or something like that, so their not forgotten.

Response from JobProgress

Justin -

Houston is an amazing contracting company! We have improved so much since you and your team had the faith and belief in us to support your awesomeness. We will continue on that same path and not stop!