Maxpanda CMMS Reviews

Pros

I loved the ease of use of Maxpanda CMMS. It is also really nice to be able to track the progress of a request in near-real time.

BB

Bryce B.

Great, easy to navigate and easy to train new staff on the programme, always improving and growing with the times.

RC

Regan C.

Overall I think the system is great and would recommend it.

DF

Dale F.

Cons

Also, the app that is available is terrible. Most times, when using the app, the pages are stuck loading and never go anywhere.

LC

Les C.

Unfortunately we were unable to enter those in to be read by the system and we had to print our own QR tags out of the system which meant they weren’t as hard wearing.

It takes up a 10th of the screen and adds no value to me. I see no way to turn it off, that should be an option.

DR

David R.

How would you rate Maxpanda CMMS?

The Right CMMS for our Growing School

Maxpanda has provided the perfect vehicle to formalize our growing school's extensive maintenance processes. However, with the products continiuos development, we're finding more and more ways to get other (not typically cmms-related) business problems under control. Hats off to the development team. You deliver what you promise, and that's a rarity in today's age!

Pros

An incredibly powerful product wrapped in an easy-to-use GUI and tons of awesome (ongoing) updates!

Cons

The only downside is that we're in Southern Africa and the Maxpanda guys aren't in our timezone. This means that we have to wait a little (emphasis on 'little') longer to get helped. But when we do get their help, they are really amazing!

An evergrowing software aimed at pleasing the needs of many client types.

Cost savings and streamlining of work order processes.

Pros

1. Easy to navigate. 2. Easy to teach to others. 3. Extremely affordable. 4. Quick and personable tech support. 5. Companies willingness to listed to end users needs and add features based on those needs. 6. The web based app is generally reliable and free of major bugs.

Cons

1. Inadequate beta testing before new features are released that sometimes lead to other bugs in the app. 2. Slow performance on the mobile app, sometimes leading to inability to use it. 3. Removal of features or functions without first notifying end users. 4. Needs more advanced reporting and accounting features. To be fair, Maxpanda is actively working on these areas and should implement them this year. 5. Some parts of its inventory processes are convoluted. However, Maxpanda is actively working with us to improve the process and add critical time saving features that simplify it while also adding accountability. Note: This review should be treated as an ongoing/continual review of the product.

Maxpanda not worth the money

Not happy, actually very disappointed with Maxpanda. Switched to different CMMS with a lot more features for same cost.

Pros

Not a fan of this product. Will not be using it now or in future. Towards the end of trying to use it I believe it was down more than it was not.

Cons

Crashes when you need it most. Can not delete vendors that are no longer being used. Random FORMER employees gained access and kept putting in work orders with nonsense text. Once using the script from war and peace. Not sure if it was a virus or someone was doing on purpose but didn't want to chance it. Canceled it and still getting work orders via email from people that forget and use it to put in work order. Not happy with this product at all.

Max Panda CMMS

We use Max Panda, almost exclusively, for collecting, organizing and assigning work.

Pros

I like web platform. No huge data base to house and manage. The value for cost is great. I also like the ease of submitting and assigning a work order. The app is good too. I like to the ability to enter work orders from the field, right as i see the issues. I also appreciate that our field staff can view the work order almost as soon as it is approved. Max Panda is very versatile and can do much more than I have time to implement.

Cons

Max Panda is very versatile and can do much more than I have time to implement. Although I can see the useful aspects of the modules, the inventory and parts management portions are not as user friendly for me and do not get used as they should. I would like to be able to create invoices for work that we perform to send out to our customers.

Maxpanda Pros

I believe that I have worked with this program a lot and its user friendly. You get all the information you are looking for in the reports which helps shape the way the departments run.

Pros

I really enjoy how easy the site is to use and teach others. The reports are accurate and keep the company up to date with guest satisfaction.

Cons

There are sometimes a lot of updates in the middle of a shift causing a break in service. Our business is 24 hours so this does not happen often but still can.

Helpful for assigning work orders

Pros

After using this software on a daily basis, it is very helpful in keeping track of history of work orders. In the resort industry, this is useful when needed to find maintenance issues for certain rooms/buildings.

Cons

This software can sometimes have hiccups. It has frequent downtime and several updates that require a reboot of our mobile apps.

Very userfriendly and concise

We love it. Like I mentioned above, if you manage over 5 maintenance techs including an operations team - then this app does everything for you and more.

Pros

Maxpanda CMMS provides optimal maintenance management by predicting equipment failure rates and estimating the cost savings our maintenance decisions. The apps help us prioritize our maintenance tasks, ensuring that the right maintenance is done at the right times for each of our properties. This helps our operations team understand issues throughout the entire portfolio.

Cons

A live map view would be awesome! But I hear this is coming live NEW YEARS EVE so we're very much anticipating this new release.

The vendor and the application is easy to work with and offers a fairly robust set of features

easy and inexpensive tool to manage maintenance activities

Pros

Max Panda can do handle many (most) maintenance management actions we can imagine. We do not use many of the features just because not needed here

Cons

Refresh time when the work order list is being refreshed can be 5 or 6 seconds. That seems like an issue that could be addressed

The maintenance app every organization should have!

Getting our camp maintenance process completely automated as we build the camp and grow has been very easy with Maxpanda.

Pros

Seamless transition of data between the web version and smart device app version. Color coded status of work orders makes it easy to keep track of what is going on with my maintenance tasks and projects and preventive maintenance.

Cons

There is a definite learning curve for someone that has never used a CMMS software platform and it's not always intuitive.

Very Helpful

Pros

Easy to use, updates quickly, simple format

Cons

I wish we could add/edit columns on the list of WOs to show who submitted them instead of the columns that we rarely use.

Leaps and Bounds

The overall condition of our 60m catamaran that can carry up to 130 people is in much better condition than ever before now that we are using MaxPanda to track and manage the planned maintenance. I still run a shadow file system in Google Drive for all the details I have for all the system assets on the ship. I would prefer to keep it all in MaxPanda, but give the attachment file size limits, limits...

Pros

MaxPanda has improved lot over the last two years. I really appreciate that they continually make updates and are quickly responsive to request for help. When we first starting using the Android version, entering new work orders was really glitchy - particularly when scanning the QR code. The information started as pre-filled but then deleted and had to be re-entered. And the field name bars were too short and we couldn't read the full descriptions so I was not possible to know which pre-filled entries to select. I hadn't used it for a new WO in a long time, but I did earlier this week and all the old problems were gone and it was actually super smooth and quick.

Cons

Last week tried to upload pic attachments to an asset from my Samsung S10. I had renamed the pics on my phone, but the attachments saved with some other file name showing a date/time. When I did the same process through Chrome on my laptop, the renamed files saved with the correct new names. MaxPanda doesn't seem to handle PM's based on hours very well. Ie, if a machine needs service every 500 running...

Well balanced software for the cost vs. features

The training guides that comes with the software makes everything easy. Maxpanda is very easy to learn, and people don't need lots of training to get started. Maxpanda allows users to schedule work orders. This is important for users who are not always on seat or users that easily forget. They can easily schedule work orders to make sure everything is done when it is needed to be done. They bring value...

Pros

Great mobile app (Android, iPhone, iPad). It's a great investment and a huge alternative to other management softwares. It meets the budget for software compared with other softwares. What I love most about Maxpanda is the push notifications for new work orders. Getting a push notification when you have a work order is a great feature. It makes sure you never miss any work order. The ability to access Maxpanda on desktop or smart phone or tablet makes it a unique software. This means you can do whatever you want to do wherever you want to do it.

Cons

Auto emailed reports to admins is not available. Neither is the ability to integrate our accounting package to the database. I believe this is on their roadmap and should be exciting to review it.

Thanks for the 5 star cmms review. It's our pleasure to ensure every cmms user has been 100% trained and updated on all the latest features in Maxpanda CMMS. If you have any further questions please contact max@maxpanda.com directly or visit www.maxpanda.com to book a free training session with 1 of our multiple product managers 24/7.

The Best ... Work Order Management Software I have found

Pros

In doing research for a project I found MaxPanda after no less than 60 hours of searching over a period of a couple weeks. When I finally stumbled upon MaxPanda it was like a breath of fresh air. It's User Interface for my customers is top notch. Then when you dive into the program it's simple and straight forward design makes it easy to master and manipulate the data the way you want. I was looking...

Cons

The only issue I had with the company boils down to lack of communication between myself and the team member I was handed off to once I started my trial. I was trying to do something different from the intended use of the software. Due to lack of communication, I was lead to believe this product would not work for me. After further communication, an update ended up being the difference between doing business with MaxPanda and not. They did not update this product for me, they have a transparent list of future upgrades by the month. It had been in the works for awhile. Just the timing worked out for me and my project.

Max Panda work order system

i would say for the price we have had an overall positive experience, but you better be able to figure out the system by yourself or wait a while for help and then expect to spend some time going back and forth explaining yourself to finally get what you need.

Pros

ease of a new hire to figure out how to request a work order.

Cons

1- you cannot delete past/terminated users, it clutters up figuring out who is really using the system 2- when applying notes when changing the status of a request it only goes in to the status change history. most of my staff are too lazy to go in and look at the status change- if you make a status change the notes should be sent via e-mail to let the requester know what happened. 3-tutorials suck,...

Great value and excellent solution to business needs.

Pros

Implementing Maxpanda into our Tourism Business as a site and asset management tool has created countless efficiency gains across all areas of the business. The software provides the perfect balance between being simple enough to be user friendly, whilst providing the more complex functions to meet specific needs. I researched many of the other cloud CMMS solutions available and am extremely happy with the outcome. Before signing up I was concerned about access to customer support however all contact between Maxpanda and our administrator has been of the highest standard for any subscription based cloud service I have used. I highly recommend Maxpanda as a solution.

Cons

We are yet to come across an issue with maxpanda that their support team have not been quick to resolve. If there was any area for improvement it would be in their online library of tutorials to provide access to a more in depth explanation of the full suite of functions.

Thank you very much Mitch for the wonderful review. As you know our software updates surpass our tech writers in documenting new features. Ensure you and your team are registered for the tech newsletter which provides biweekly update notifications on all things Maxpanda CMMS. We are also revamping our blog to support this initiative. https://www.maxpanda.com/blog/apps-updated Thanks again, Maxwell Davidson Support Analyst app.maxpanda.com

can't think of a better software to use for my daily work!

Pros

you can track work orders easily. I use this to see what is currently going on in each department and can see statistics on each work order. very easy to maneuver around the website, customer service is always very quick to respond through email. there used to be glitches every once in a while, while filling out a work order (specifically while picking some items from the drop down menu) but that was quickly resolved and fixed! the maxpanda app is also easy to use, especially for our housekeeping team and any other department that is out on the field and can't access their computers. overall, I definitely recommend maxpanda, especially for daily use.

Cons

slight learning curve but very easy to use once you get familiarized with the program.

Small Business Perspective

We now have a complete asset list and PM's are not being forgotten. PM's are done with proper written guidance to personnel.

Pros

Once you get familiar with it, you can keep track of a lot of instant data. It does a great job of alerting everyone involved on a timely basis.

Cons

I can not find a good manual-type of help for screens and looking up things, such as copying asset info or PM schedule to start a new one. As far as I can figure out, I have to start from scratch and reenter all data for an identical or similar asset/process. The help screen is not expansive or detailed enough. We also need more basic specific reports such as overdue WO's in specified time frames. The last thing is that PM's do not start countdown to the next PM, from the date completed. This sometimes causes 6 month PM's to turn into 2 or 3 month PM's because of a hold period or downtime between PM's. Timers should start only when a WO is completed/closed.

Great Software

Our work orders and PM tasks don't slip between the "cracks". They may not get done, but they are still on the list.

Pros

We use the software just for the work orders and Pm tasks. It allows work order communication between all the maintenance employees.

Cons

There are many other functions that "clog" up the views, like payroll tracking and simple accounting function which should be tracked by other systems. These functions don't allow full integration between payroll systems and accounting so for us it would mean double entry and that's not worth the extra time it takes. I wish we could turn some of these items off. There is an inventory function which we would like to use but it doesn't work the way we need it to.

Excellent and easy to use CMMS software

Have been using the system for almost 2 years and find it very simple and effective.

Pros

Very easy to use. System is smooth very beginning to end, adding users, adding assets, adding PM and schedules. Easy to use on desktop or ipad.

Cons

Not much to dislike. We have not had any issues with this product so far.

Summer camp with very large campus

It has been pretty good, we are pleased, and out staff appreciate the communication it provides.

Pros

I like that it is cloud based, we didn't have to download anything. It is reasonably priced and it allows us track a vehicle or buildings repair history.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints, I have to pay attention to follow the updates, I don't thing we use all of the features so there is probably a lot of stuff I don't know, are there recorded user webinars?

Great tool for improving customer service.

Keeps our work orders from getting lost in the paperwork. Don't like the inventory portion, would also like to turn off certain functions of the software. To me it's getting "bloated" with alot of functions that don't seem functional.

Pros

We just use the work orders and PM's. Very easy to use these portions of the software. Our maintenance crew finds the software very functional as well. Keeps our work orders in front of us.

Cons

I don't like all the other stuff they pack into this software, would be nice if these other options could be turned off. Would like the inventory part to work better but I guess we are the only ones. Overall, good for the price.

Speed and efficiency

Works well but sometime freezes up and you have to power down and reboot plus I’ve forgotten my password at times so the process gets extended longer.

Pros

The ability to input data and reduce paperwork but the amount of time wasted in moving between various screens is unreal , if there was a screen for just staff with all the work order numbers you could input at the end of the day each workorder’s time spent without going back and forth thru each screen to access the staff screen for that work order , this would save a ton of time and money plus frustration.

Cons

Explained above! How it could be more effective

Maxpanda has made my life much easier

We operate a multi-facility, multi-location campus and Maxpanda allows me to maintain all equipment and facilities with record of all repairs, failures, end-of-life, etc. This package is an exceptional value.

Pros

This software captures all the pertinent information I need as a Facility Director. I can track the work being done, hours associated with it along with a history of all the equipment and facility repairs. You can't find a package that is loaded with so many features for the price.

Cons

I would like to track actual vehicle repairs and such without having to rename or program certain aspects to make it work for me.

Great Application

Have been using Maxpanda for a few years now and the software gets better every single month. The only thing stopping me giving it the full 5 stars across the board is that there are a few features that are still not quite ready but which I know are on the way.

Pros

Very cost effective compared to other software. Great customer service. Software development is constant and rapid so no hanging around for a year waiting for new features.

Cons

No purchase order module (although I know this is being worked on for release shortly).

Awesome review John! Thanks a bunch. And yes, the PO module is on it's way by the end of the fall.

Organization but it takes time

Pros

This software allows my facility to track all work orders to ensure completion. It helps hold employees accountable because work orders are assigned to individuals. Having desktop and applications for mobile devices ensure that all users can access the program.

Cons

Using the software does take time. The program reverts back a screen when a selection is made and I have to click to get back to the screen to save more data. And the mobile app requires making sure the latest version is downloaded or all you get is a spinning circle.