Maxpanda CMMS Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.53/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I loved the ease of use of Maxpanda CMMS. It is also really nice to be able to track the progress of a request in near-real time.
Great, easy to navigate and easy to train new staff on the programme, always improving and growing with the times.
Maxpanda CMMS is worth its price. Besides the fact that it has quality features, it is low-cost and affordable.
Also, the app that is available is terrible. Most times, when using the app, the pages are stuck loading and never go anywhere.
Unfortunately we were unable to enter those in to be read by the system and we had to print our own QR tags out of the system which meant they weren’t as hard wearing.
It takes up a 10th of the screen and adds no value to me. I see no way to turn it off, that should be an option.

EH

Edna H.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

can't think of a better software to use for my daily work!

Pros

you can track work orders easily. I use this to see what is currently going on in each department and can see statistics on each work order. very easy to maneuver around the website, customer service is always very quick to respond through email. there used to be glitches every once in a while, while filling out a work order (specifically while picking some items from the drop down menu) but that was quickly resolved and fixed! the maxpanda app is also easy to use, especially for our housekeeping team and any other department that is out on the field and can't access their computers. overall, I definitely recommend maxpanda, especially for daily use.

Cons

slight learning curve but very easy to use once you get familiarized with the program.

VP

Victor P.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Great Software

Our work orders and PM tasks don't slip between the "cracks". They may not get done, but they are still on the list.

Pros

We use the software just for the work orders and Pm tasks. It allows work order communication between all the maintenance employees.

Cons

There are many other functions that "clog" up the views, like payroll tracking and simple accounting function which should be tracked by other systems. These functions don't allow full integration between payroll systems and accounting so for us it would mean double entry and that's not worth the extra time it takes. I wish we could turn some of these items off. There is an inventory function which we would like to use but it doesn't work the way we need it to.

KB

Kevin B.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Needs Work

50/50 when it is working properly it is a great piece of software. When it is not, it is a waste of money

Pros

Functionality and Ease of use. It is simple, user friendly, and basic.

Cons

Software updates and compatibility. The app is not compatible with all phones, specifically Samsung J3 Star and A10e, we use both of these phones company wide and every time an update is sent out, it ceases to function with our phones. Right now, the app will open but when a work order is selected the app remains on a loading screen. I've personally sat for over 45 minutes waiting for it to load and it never did. Also, the customer service/tech support has to give better answers than "its probably your phone", a suggestion or actually trying to troubleshoot the issue would be better than passing the blame.

hl

harris l.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent and easy to use CMMS software

Have been using the system for almost 2 years and find it very simple and effective.

Pros

Very easy to use. System is smooth very beginning to end, adding users, adding assets, adding PM and schedules. Easy to use on desktop or ipad.

Cons

Not much to dislike. We have not had any issues with this product so far.

JK

Jay K.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Summer camp with very large campus

It has been pretty good, we are pleased, and out staff appreciate the communication it provides.

Pros

I like that it is cloud based, we didn't have to download anything. It is reasonably priced and it allows us track a vehicle or buildings repair history.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints, I have to pay attention to follow the updates, I don't thing we use all of the features so there is probably a lot of stuff I don't know, are there recorded user webinars?

WS

William S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Speed and efficiency

Works well but sometime freezes up and you have to power down and reboot plus I’ve forgotten my password at times so the process gets extended longer.

Pros

The ability to input data and reduce paperwork but the amount of time wasted in moving between various screens is unreal , if there was a screen for just staff with all the work order numbers you could input at the end of the day each workorder’s time spent without going back and forth thru each screen to access the staff screen for that work order , this would save a ton of time and money plus frustration.

Cons

Explained above! How it could be more effective

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Overall Solid CMMS Program

This gives the maintenance team full control over there day and allows them be more productive and write work orders on the go.

Pros

The program is very easy to use, the app makes it great for on the go to submit or complete work orders.

Cons

The biggest program is that I cant see the turn around on a work order. Would like to be able to see how quickly work orders are being complete. Great question: There multiple ways to review this data. a) review the each work orders STATUS, all changes are time and date stamps. b) generate SLA EXPORT report. This is a custom service level agreement report outlining all time stamps per work order. If you require further assistance feel free to visit the blog or email max@maxpanda.com directly 24/7

Aaron S.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Beneficial in tracking work order history and reporting.

Pros

The reporting option allows my company to see daily feedback on the timeliness of work orders being completed. It is also great for researching and maintaining a history of completed work orders.

Cons

We have experienced some brief outages and occasional bugs in software, but these have always had a resolution within the same day.

Hank K.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

MaxPanda for about one year

I have been very pleased with our use of Maxpanda. It has many features that we don't yet use but plan to move into in the next year. There are a few things I wish Maxpanda did but so far they are minor and do not impede the usefulness of the software.

Pros

I like the fact that it is web-based. For the parts of Maxpanda we use, I appreciate the ease of setting up a work order and following it through to completion. Most of the basic use tutorials are helpful.

Cons

Operationally, I would like it if there were some type indication of "attention required " on each page of the work order. For instance, if there are "Tasks" or "WO Attachments" perhaps that title bar could be highlighted or have a drop down arrow to indicate content.

Awesome feedback Hank! Great ideas always get implemented. We will certainly come up with a dev plan for your task/wo notifications. Thanks again for the great review on Maxpanda CMMS. Happy New Year.

Setup is as filling in a spreadsheet. It just works.

Pros

It makes life for our maintenance team a lot easier. The ease of updating tickets is its real strength.

Cons

We tried to stretch this into an IT ticketing system as well, though it failed, we understand that we were trying to make it do something it wasn't designed for.

JD

Jerry D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Maxpanda has made my life much easier

We operate a multi-facility, multi-location campus and Maxpanda allows me to maintain all equipment and facilities with record of all repairs, failures, end-of-life, etc. This package is an exceptional value.

Pros

This software captures all the pertinent information I need as a Facility Director. I can track the work being done, hours associated with it along with a history of all the equipment and facility repairs. You can't find a package that is loaded with so many features for the price.

Cons

I would like to track actual vehicle repairs and such without having to rename or program certain aspects to make it work for me.

JJ

Jordan J.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Organization but it takes time

Pros

This software allows my facility to track all work orders to ensure completion. It helps hold employees accountable because work orders are assigned to individuals. Having desktop and applications for mobile devices ensure that all users can access the program.

Cons

Using the software does take time. The program reverts back a screen when a selection is made and I have to click to get back to the screen to save more data. And the mobile app requires making sure the latest version is downloaded or all you get is a spinning circle.

AG

Adrian G.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Easy to use once you figure out where it all is.

Overall experience is great with the exception of the keyboard for iOS, and sometimes it’s difficult to find things for the first time. Once found it’s easy to use and makes sense, but the initial find is sometimes tricky.

Pros

I can edit everything on the go and create tickets on-site. The app requires a couple extra steps than the online site, but nothing crazy or overly time consuming.

Cons

For iOS, in the app, the boxes for typing do not allow auto correct and standard features. Such as auto correct, word suggestions, and auto caps after a “.” Not sure why this issue occurs, but I end up with typos and incorrect capitalization because, let’s face it, we have all become dependent on auto correct.

RM

Ryan M.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

compared to our last work order system (e-mail requests and paper follow ups) this system is awesome

increased production, tracking and accountability.

Pros

the mobile capability for the staff members, and the ability to change the work order status. the items that are customizable are great and that submitter gets notified of any changes automatically is great.

Cons

for me the system is not very intuitive to use, and although some aspects are customizable it would be nice to customize other aspects of the system. I like the 24 hour help line but it would be nice to have a troubleshooting link for the top 25 or 50 asked questions so i can go see if i can deal with my issue and not wait for the e-mail back since they sometimes take a while to respond.

MT

Murrell T.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Murrell Thixton Buyer Promotional Wood Products

Working with my contact at Maxpanda has been just the way I like it. Straight forward, direct answers no fluff. I love getting something that is worth what I'm paying, and I get what I expect.

Pros

Simple to use, very intuitive. Has all the features we want and need, and they just keep improving it.

Cons

Not sure there is anything, no kidding. I don't get hung up on the fancy GUI's, it still looks very nice but it's about the function of form.

Excellent review sir! We are we are we're always looking for ways to enhance our product offering. In fact by reviewing our blog.maxpanda.com you can see there's quite a bunch of new items coming into Maxpanda. That's whether you want to use the new stuff or not :)

SR

Stevie R.

It gets the job done.

Pros

That we can create work orders as well as our clients. In that sense it flows well. I also like that I can upload photos and link employees, so that they also receive a text that there is a new work order.

Cons

No option for invoicing and if you pick a company name and start a work order and then realize it is the wrong company name, you can not just switch it, you have to scrap it and start a whole new work order.

NB

Nathan B.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Job Tracking and records for a small service company

Maxpanda CMMS is like a sandbox. There are tools and features and functions to suit any organization. It will require some up front labor to get it custom-tailored, but once it is, it fits like a fine suit.

Pros

The customization allowed us to tailor Maxpanda CMMS to our needs. The Maxpanda team has always been available through that process.

Cons

The amount of work to set up our custom site!

RC

Regan C.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great all rounder

Pros

Easy to use, great support, constant updates and communiction

Cons

Some features missing on phone app, no project management function

EH

Edna H.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

convenient and simple to use

Pros

It is fairly efficient, convenient and creates an organized way to prioritize and complete daily tasks. After tasks are completed, you can edit and attach a photo, email or any sort of file to the work order. The layout for both mobile devices and computers are fairly easy to view and access as well.

Cons

Some of the functions may glitch every once in a while, resulting in slow feedback and buffering. The screen may freeze at times when submitting a work order.

VT

Vernon T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Our company uses Maxpanda daily and find it to be a very useful resource for our tracking needs.

Currently, for what we do there has been no problems. We use the product to support our Accounts Payable system and it has proved to be a very nice companion. We are able to maintain a database of requests and timelines.

Pros

It provides us with great functionality for the things we do. It is a great tracking system for our AP function.

ss

simon s.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

great features for a great price

Pros

I really like all of the reports you can pull and how easy it makes it to manage preventative maintenance and costs.

Cons

Tracking down time on machines is not part of the software although you can track labor hours

JM

Jarrett M.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

GSU Maxpanda

Pros

User friendly. Navigating through Maxpanda is very simple. Everything is self explanatory. Great product.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that come to mind. The system works great fro a user stand point.

DC

Dave C.

Maxpands CMMs

Pros

System is easy to set up and use. The price is also very reasonable.

Cons

It is a bit difficult searching some specific assets without having to dig and dissect the data some. It does not have the ability to add non-generic tasks while updating a work order. The same goes for adding parts. Ideally there would be a better method of creating a "Project" that could hold multiple work orders within it, so that each WO could be completed with its own information such as invoices & hours. As it currently is, we have to combine different (possibly unassociated) invoices, time and tasks into a single work order, which makes the work order very messy, confusing and chaotic. For example the 'Project' might be "Remodel House" and the work orders associated with it might be "Replace Plumbing", "Paint Interior Walls", & "Install Kitchen Cabinets."

MN

Mark N.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent and easy to use software

Starting with the inventory to everyday use for our staff adding work orders. They like the email alerts on the WO progress.

Pros

From the easy start of getting your information in excel for downloading to the ongoing updates. This software is very easy to use for all of my staff. We are very pleased.

Cons

When we first started with the software using the mobile app. It was not very easy to get information or start a new WO. Things are progressing on the mobile application.

JH

Joe H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

small to mid size maintenance group

over the years they add good maintenance features

Pros

the use of hand held devices almost as good as the desk tops

Cons

can be a bit slow on small devices. lack of PKIs