DeskTime

Time & productivity tracking app for companies & freelancers

visit website

DeskTime Reviews

Pros

The set of features available for the pricing has been very much useful and accurate and the Screenshots feature is the most awesome.

MS

Malithi S.

As for customer support, it is great so far as well as the quality of service. I also have to mention that some of the features provided are also very impressive and interesting.

BC

Bruno C.

Thanks to the friend who recommended this to me. As company CEO and start-up, I would strongly recommend this.

Dimple P.

Cons

This is a problem, and ultimately the reason I stopped using Desktime.

Michael H.

SK

Shanna K.

I can’t imagine the company culture you would build watching your staff this closely. In a low unemployment economy, what employees would put up, with this software reporting to their boss all day.

Couldn't live without it

I think I'm one of the early adopters and I've seen it evolve over the years. I always liked how they added new features and constantly improved the product. It's very easy to use, intuitive, and it gives me everything I need from a time tracking app.

Pros

Love the fact that it captures everything I do on the computer. Even if I forget to track work on a certain project, I can always retrace my steps and assign the minutes/hours manually. The productive/unproductive categorization is very beneficial to have a bird's-eye view of my activity. I've used it in parallel with Toggl for a long time and Desktime was superior on so many levels.

Cons

I haven't yet found things I don't like about it.

Amazing, Best Software !

So we are able to get the detailed report of each employee and monitor and measure their performance and productivity.

Pros

So, it’s been almost two years having “Desktime” monitoring/tracking us, and we found it is very impressive and easy solution. The kind of reports and support they provides; we don’t think any contenders would be offering in this arena currently. We are just planning to offer this product with our all international clients as well. Thanks "Desktime"

Cons

So, We received a concern from the users that sometimes its get unresponsive and than need to restart the software.

Need's more improvmenet

Pros

Easy to use Easy to understand Friendly interface

Cons

The administrator should not pay for the account The design of the platform is old, need to be upgrade to the design trends Not so many features Print screen of the employees needs to have better quality, if the space is the problem, it should have a feature to connect a Cloud storage account in order to pay separately for how much print screen quality do you need. It should me more flexible. Ex. Print screen time should not be only 3-5 min. It my choice not a product manager choice what is important for my business or not. Alerts for employees that they have overdue the brake time and many others.

Hi Florin! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

The number one feature for us is Time Tracking and it seems DeskTime is spending too much time on all other features but has left the Time Tracking without maintenance: (a) web-page tracking does not work on Mac computers for some time now; (b) productive apps & links still does not provide suggestions and we need to click on each to mark them productive/non-productive - I have been doing this for almost 10 years from two different companies and marked thousands of webpages/apps which is applicable for all IT companies, but still no suggestions. This is disappointing and if I would start DeskTime in a new company I would not use this feature (even it's very good) because it's too much work to analyze and mark thousands of web-pages productive and unproductive.

Pros

Time tracking - people can work from home and company is not affected from it. Employees are not disturbed.

Cons

It does not seem to work with Safari multiple other browsers therefore making web-page tracking (productive/unproductive) almost useless as most of the people use Mac computers today.

Hi Karlis! Thank you for your review. We should mention that there haven't been any problems with URL tracking for Mac users that we know of - the app tracks only the tab that's open at any given time. This functionality is intentional to obtain precise URL tracking stats. If you do still notice that something's not quite right, please, don't hesitate to contact our support team at desktime.com/support - we'll be glad to help. The DeskTime team

Good product to monitor your remote employees

Pros

desktop screenshot option helps me to understand that team is really working on the project.

Cons

if you team is working on multiple project for multiple clients, understanding which screenshot belong to which project is not an easy task.

Desktime Review

Great! Overall useful, and provides our employees a better understanding of what their overall productivity looks like throughout the day. Provides further support to our teams in terms of productivity in certain projects, and a better understanding of what they are actually doing/working on during business hours.

Pros

Snapshot feature has been absolutely an essential staple during our WFH period due to Covid. Along with productivity monitoring, our leads were able to clarify a better understanding of what our employees are completing throughout the days. Very much have utilized this feature, and has been very helpful to our teams productivity overall.

Cons

The idle time tracker. Simply holding a key down on your keyboard for long periods of time can be tracked as "productive" time and is not the best way of monitoring idle time for employees. However, cross referencing this with the snapshot feature has been a key stable in eliminating this type of behavior.

Best work from home app

It's been a very useful app especially for majority of us who had to transition from physical work at the office to working from home. It helps both the user and the teams being monitored to all put in the required effort to get things done whilst also being conscious of our health:)

Pros

apart from the obvious tracking and monitoring of the teams, I have found desk time to be very helpful in managing my work life balance. Reminds me to take a break, stand up and stitch and drink some water etc. This sounds simple and obvious but sometimes you lose track of time and so these small reminders really help you relax and re-focus which makes you more productive!

Cons

The fact that screenshots are taken in the background - that is not very security smart

Needs More Work

Desktime is used to monitor our remote workers but we know the system can be cheated. We definitely think this program should have an alert system with the same screen shot has been up for 45 minutes. Also better reporting capabilities using decimals instead of hours and minutes to help with paying employees faster and more accurately.

Pros

Available screenshots every 15 minutes Ability to enter manual entries especially when the app fails to connect. Reports for most productive and Least productive

Cons

Export report for hours is not in decimal format, not great for paying employees App fails frequent App can be easily tricked. Will show productive but same screen shot could be up for two hours. App needs to recognize same screen and send notifications to employer to alert supervisor of employee misconduct. Report for weekly hours is not alphabetical. Order has no specific purpose. There should be weekly report for flagged behavior

Various functions and services that improve my productivity

Calendar linkage and the amount and field of my day-to-day work It's nice to be able to visually check it. In terms of productivity, it's good to have a visual chart to see if you're focusing on areas you can focus on or not having time to waste.

Pros

You can keep track of time automatically when you start your computer. You can check the start and end time It is possible to analyze which fields can be focused on work. It is nice to be able to visually check the time wasted.

Cons

When you click on software on the taskbar Response is a bit slow. It's a bit disappointing that the design isn't luxurious. It would be nice if the charts and expression methods were diverse. The weekly report looks like https://www.getharvest.com/.

Hi Jihun! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Great tool to monitor remote employees

Pros

I'ts very easy to use and very useful to track idle time and users' productivity. You can see at one glance how much time the employees spend on each app. The screenshots help a lot to understand the productivity bar.

Cons

It would be more helpful if the window title export included the hour. I would like to integrate and track the phone usage.

A Real Lifesaver

There are things I am good at, but keeping track of my time is not one. I had searched for a few years trying different programs, or plug-ins, or techniques and I always ended up with "time holes" in my day. And then I found Desktime. It starts when my computer comes up and starts tracking automatically. I use Chrome and have the extension for Desktime that captures the URLs of sites I visit so I can...

Pros

Time tracking without thinking.

Cons

I really wish it would track minutes in unites of 100, like time has to be submitted for payroll. The hour time is not a factor but the minutes, it is always 38 min x .60 to get time to submit. Or if not doing the actual math, it is looking it up on a conversion chart. Just give me an option to track it how I need it to.

Easy to Use, Easy to Navigate

It's a great way for us to track time and productivity. As a remote workforce, that's very important to my organization. There was some employee pushback, as they felt we were "spying" on them, but that has gone away the longer we use Desktime.

Pros

Desktime is a great way for employers to keep track of what employees are doing and use that data to enhance or adjust operations. With a hybrid remote workforce, I can easily see what everyone is working on, what hours they've worked, and how they are dividing their time between projects. Adjust what is "productive" vs. "not productive" or "neutral" is easy and I like that I'm able to code site productivity differently for each department.

Cons

We have a primarily salaried staff, so tracking hours down to the minute isn't a high priority for us. If you do need very accurate data for payroll purposes, you should ensure this function works for you. I do wish the exporting/reporting tabs were more customizable for what I need. They have a ton of reporting functions, but sometimes it's challenging to analyze everything when I just need one piece of information.

Hi Samantha! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Amazing, easy to deploy and good value for money

We're able to monitor and measure trends within our workforce. This allows us to deploy different tactics and improve time management.

Pros

The fact the product doesn't affect the computer's performance. We've installed in more than 200 computers, and all of them run smoothly.

Cons

The fact we're unable to have screenshots taken for the price we pay for.

I use Desktime everyday!

We're a small web design and development company here in Taiwan with about 10-15 person. We use Desktime on our daily work to track the productivity of our colleagues, though it is not used as a key for employee's evaluation, but it is definitely a tool to help our company boost their attention, which also comes with a good healthy competition, and we will award the best employee of the month thru...

Pros

Some features such as project controls, site controls, groups, etc.

Cons

The price and app stability I guess

Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction

A great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume. That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features...

Pros

-Great reporting for activities -Administrative rights are defined correctly

Cons

-Lacking significant alerts -Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day -Full-screen applications override private-time notifications

Pretty Good Software

This software definitely helps improve our employees productivity, especially since they know they are being tracked. It also helps us make decisions on if a process needs to be changed or streamlined.

Pros

The Time Tracking is a big plus. We also really like the project feature.

Cons

I think that the integrations are great, but can be worked on. For example, with the Trello Integration, it does sync with DeskTime at a really good interval, however, if we delete or edit a task or project in Trello, it does not edit and/ or delete the task or project in DeskTime. Editing the times that employees log is a little cumbersome as an administrator. I should be able to edit or delete extra time that was logged incorrectly. Also we have had issues with projects being archived. If the amount of time between when a project has been logged could be extended, that would be great.

Hi Roger! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Desktime Review from Navsoft Team

All good

Pros

Hello There, We are a very old customer for Desktime. All the features are very pretty and impressive.

Cons

Just need to focused two things only. (1) We have found in ipv6 network desk time will not work. (2) Our monthly billing price needs to reconsider as we are using it from long time back also.

A very great tool

Pros

I've been using DeskTime since I was in university more than 4 years ago. It's been such a great help seeing where my computer time is going to. It allows me to gain perspective and set priorities for my own personal goals. Knowing the amount of procrastination or time wasters I partake in helps me make better decisions with my life.

Cons

Certain features had been limited at the start, such as being able to categorize activities quickly, but the DeskTime team seems to be still supporting the software and improvements.

Keep Track with DesktTime

Overall Desktime has been great for employees trying to manage themselves while working at home. It gives them the freedom to do what they want while holding them accountable for how their time is spent.

Pros

I love how Desktime measures in productivity. This shows us that even though employees may be on the clock, they may/may not be working exactly. Desktime allows us to define which programs and applications on the computer that when are use are deemed "productive," so as long as those apps are being used, the employees work will reflect productive. Unproductive apps (facebook, twitter, etc.) will count towards unproductive time used. This really gives a clear picture of how time is used.

Cons

I wish it had more editing features. Sometimes I may need to edit or add a block of private time, but I'm unable to do so. I also wish screen shots were clearer or could be zoomed in on.

Great Software with lots of features

We are into Real estate and provident housing limited . we are using the Desk Time software Monitoring Tool from past 2 years, and it is Monitoring our laptops and desktop from all aspect. It is easy manage as policy configurations are very user friendly. It’s a good Application with many features. Thank you Meraj Shaikh

Pros

Its a great software and have many feature which fit into my organisation, configuration are very user friendly. easy to monitor and pull the report link daily, weekly and monthly

Cons

Employee is able to click on running software and exit, its should be password protected to unload the software running in the background

Light and simple, does what it has to do.

This software is an essential part of our performance evaluation mechanism, allowing users to track their time, and classify it based on the tasks they are working on.

Pros

We're running a distributed organization and have been using DeskTime since they were a small startup. It works perfectly on desktop/laptop machines (duh!) but we haven't tried using it on mobile devices (since we only use it for tracking office crew hours).

Cons

"Time at work" stat is a little bit confusing and is meant for linear days (e.g. if you log in for 15 mins at midnight, just to check your email, it will think that it's the start of a working day, and when you log in back in the morning, the time at work will be 8 hrs, so we learnt to ignore this stat completely.

Powerful Tool for Employee Monitoring

My company use this software in lockdown and It helps lots cause, its time tracking and productivity tracking.

Pros

Desktime Monitoring and time tracking feature is more powerful compare to any software and it also help to counting employees attendance.

Cons

Some employees said that when I use google for my work that it's not counted in productivity and I think that is not good cause google searching also work for that employee.

Hi Shubham, thank you for your honest review! Just a quick follow-up - admins can add google (or any other website used for work) to the productive app list. This is fully customizable, and can be done for all employees or specific teams. So, for example, Google search or Facebook can be noted as productive for your marketing team, but still remain neutral or unproductive for other teams that don't use these platforms for work. Hope this helps! The DeskTime team

A Great Way to Monitor the Productivity For Yourself and For Your Team

I use it personally to monitor my time spent and to analyze my productivity. Where is my time going? What applications am I using, how much time I'm spending on different tasks or projects? I love that I can also log off-line time on the computer or mobile phone. This tool is even better when used for a team monitoring. I can see how many hours every employee spends in certain apps, projects or tasks. I can see when they start and end their workday, and I see their productivity ratio.

Pros

Cross-platform compatibility (MacOS-X, Windows, iOS, Android), Simplicity, Beautiful design, simple application assignment

Cons

I'd love to drill into details about a certain time period, productivity status etc. For example, if I have a block of an unproductive period, I'd like to be able to click on it in a report to see where have I spent the unproductive time (or productive, or neutral).

One of the best tracking system

Pros

Online tracking, silent client and reports

Cons

We haven't use the Projects option much.

Just works

Pros

I tried many similar apps for my business. This is thw only one that do the job well! Track your employee’s produktivity.

Cons

Let there be an option for 2 users. I used to have 5, now I pay for 5 users, even when we only have two.