DeskTime Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.55/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It's a nice and clean experience, highly recommended, I like the weekly reports and the way you cna see the information with amazing detail.
Absolutely thrilled to be using this. Provides One of the best customer care experience.
Thanks to the friend who recommended this to me. As company CEO and start-up, I would strongly recommend this.
This is a problem, and ultimately the reason I stopped using Desktime.
I can’t imagine the company culture you would build watching your staff this closely. In a low unemployment economy, what employees would put up, with this software reporting to their boss all day.

Shubham V.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Powerful Tool for Employee Monitoring

My company use this software in lockdown and It helps lots cause, its time tracking and productivity tracking.

Pros

Desktime Monitoring and time tracking feature is more powerful compare to any software and it also help to counting employees attendance.

Cons

Some employees said that when I use google for my work that it's not counted in productivity and I think that is not good cause google searching also work for that employee.

Hi Shubham, thank you for your honest review! Just a quick follow-up - admins can add google (or any other website used for work) to the productive app list. This is fully customizable, and can be done for all employees or specific teams. So, for example, Google search or Facebook can be noted as productive for your marketing team, but still remain neutral or unproductive for other teams that don't use these platforms for work. Hope this helps! The DeskTime team

JF

Jerry F.

Farming, 1,001-5,000 employees

Manage WFH Employees

Good

Pros

Keeping track of employees productivity when working from home

Cons

No field or report to track productivity between WFH and the office

FG

Florin G.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Need's more improvmenet

Pros

Easy to use Easy to understand Friendly interface

Cons

The administrator should not pay for the account The design of the platform is old, need to be upgrade to the design trends Not so many features Print screen of the employees needs to have better quality, if the space is the problem, it should have a feature to connect a Cloud storage account in order to pay separately for how much print screen quality do you need. It should me more flexible. Ex. Print screen time should not be only 3-5 min. It my choice not a product manager choice what is important for my business or not. Alerts for employees that they have overdue the brake time and many others.

Hi Florin! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

DA

Dennisse A.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Desktime - an HR essential

We love Desktime and identified is as an essential tool for management and key to deliver non-negotiables to run the organization.

Pros

Attendance and productivity are typically managed by managers along with HR but processes are usually manual and takes a lot of time. This allowed management and HR to have a tool to monitor and inspect productivity and attendance more effectively.

Cons

Just that the screenshots are not as often captured as i'd like on the operations level.

DF

Dana F.

Setupad

We can solve and manage the remote/ hybrid work model.

Pros

Desktime tracking is easy to use. Can be set up, so it starts counting automatically when laptop is "activated". The private time function is of great value.Easy to type in the time manually if it was not counted for some reason.

Cons

Some reports I cannot generate in the needed scale.

AK

Aabhinna K.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great to manage External Teams

Pros

Ability to track processes and manage team is remarkable

Cons

Have to login and click multiple places.

Sk

Sasi k.

Best Employee Monitoring and Tracking Tool

Very good tool for employee tracking and monitoring software.

Pros

Desktime are very useful for our organisation to monitor and track production activities for our employees.

Cons

No least about Desktime based on our research and usage.

RB

Roque B.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

easy, many ways to use it

Pros

Easy to use product, it is accessible and has many ways to control the time not only of one but also of others.

Cons

sometimes tends to be a bit slow but can be improved

AA

Allanys A.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Inexpensive, accurate and great!

DeskTime has helped me a lot! I get to see what other people are doing when a work is assigned and makes people more productive.

Pros

What I like most about DeskTime is that it tracks everything such as the user's activity and it is super easy to use.

Cons

What I liked least about DeskTime is that sometimes when using some particular sites or applications it shuts down.

DD

Dileep D.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Performance monitoring tool

Awesome experience

Pros

This software will help in measuring the performance and productivity of the employees

Cons

I think it can enhance the effective and efficient performance of employees, which will be helpful in building the growth of the organization

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

A Great Tool for Management, Supervisors, and Business Owners

This software has helped us immensely since we started using it. It gives the business owners a better idea of what goes on in all of the departments, what's being completed, and how long it takes.

Pros

Like I said in the title, it is a Great Tool for Management, Supervisors, and Business Owners, and lets them know the daily activity of their staff and teams. It also help allow them to delegate tasks to their teams and figure out changes that need to be made, to make the business operations run smoother.

Cons

Some features are very rigid. Mainly the task timer. If you are logging a task where you are away from your desk, the timer will stop tracking/logging the time maybe 3 minutes into the computer being idle and when the employee returns to their desk, it logs the tail end of the task, so we have to manually adjust the time for the gap of time that wasn't logged.

NS

Nithya S.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Great tool

All my interactions with desktime has been great.

Pros

Ability to monitor team in a single window. Knowing productive time vs desktime. Gives me peace of mind knowing i am enabled. Trust does mean I am incapable of monitoring, so I have to Trust. Trust means I am capable of monitoring and I trust. The capability factor is facilitated by desktime.

Cons

The team can uninstall or disable the software. I need to control that esp. if office systems are used. I feel that number of screen captures for the configuration do not match, but it does not impact me so much.

AJ

Amit J.

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

One of the best activity monitoring tool

Pros

Easy to use version - Stealth and Public/ User interactive mode;The ease of deployment and maintenance;Support on queries/ concerns;

Cons

Stealth mode is works in partial mode (it's not completely invisible);Sometimes it could have dependency with device and internet (issues with it's cont. tracking);With frequent internet packet loss, there are chances the data might not get captured.

BG

Brian G.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Desktime is a friendly but powerful tool for tracking employees

Pros

I love how easy it is for employees to see their own hours and what they are doing at the time. It is very clear to managers to see what their employees have been doing and how productive they are.

Cons

No, I'm very satisfied about Desktime. I'm not sure how I would rate it bad except that Teams call isn't reported on there.

VG

Viktor G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction

A great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume. That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features...

Pros

-Great reporting for activities -Administrative rights are defined correctly

Cons

-Lacking significant alerts -Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day -Full-screen applications override private-time notifications

RR

Roger R.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Pretty Good Software

This software definitely helps improve our employees productivity, especially since they know they are being tracked. It also helps us make decisions on if a process needs to be changed or streamlined.

Pros

The Time Tracking is a big plus. We also really like the project feature.

Cons

I think that the integrations are great, but can be worked on. For example, with the Trello Integration, it does sync with DeskTime at a really good interval, however, if we delete or edit a task or project in Trello, it does not edit and/ or delete the task or project in DeskTime. Editing the times that employees log is a little cumbersome as an administrator. I should be able to edit or delete extra time that was logged incorrectly. Also we have had issues with projects being archived. If the amount of time between when a project has been logged could be extended, that would be great.

Hi Roger! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

April I.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

We LOVE Desktime with Basecamp

Pros

We use Desktime which seamlessly integrates with Basecamp our Project Management Software. This easily allows us to keep track of where our time is allocated and increase productivity. It is very easy for our team to use. I love the "screenshot" feature.

Cons

I do not like how all the team members can see all the projects.

SK

Shanna K.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Keep Track with DesktTime

Overall Desktime has been great for employees trying to manage themselves while working at home. It gives them the freedom to do what they want while holding them accountable for how their time is spent.

Pros

I love how Desktime measures in productivity. This shows us that even though employees may be on the clock, they may/may not be working exactly. Desktime allows us to define which programs and applications on the computer that when are use are deemed "productive," so as long as those apps are being used, the employees work will reflect productive. Unproductive apps (facebook, twitter, etc.) will count towards unproductive time used. This really gives a clear picture of how time is used.

Cons

I wish it had more editing features. Sometimes I may need to edit or add a block of private time, but I'm unable to do so. I also wish screen shots were clearer or could be zoomed in on.

VS

Varun S.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Desktime

It’s been a good journey so far.

Pros

Time tracking and employee monitoring, specially when your workforce is working remotely, has been crucial to make us output driven.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing to use initially.

KV

Ken V.

Internet, 1-10 employees

A great product

Pros

I like how detailed and granular the reports are.

Cons

The UI could be modernized somewhat, and perhaps customizable email reports would be helpful.

AM

Alice M.

Easy attendance management

Pros

Easy to use whenever the employer is located in the world. All employees will be logged in Desktime when they work, and the employer has the authority to check on all employees, see their arrival, time of spending on different programs, and their absence daily, weekly, or even monthly.

Cons

That DeskTime tracks every single web or program and names it. Depending on the employees' work/responsibility, it is a necessity to check on programs that are even unproductive, even though it's not true. It affects productivity and effectiveness.

JG

Janis G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A Great Way to Monitor the Productivity For Yourself and For Your Team

I use it personally to monitor my time spent and to analyze my productivity. Where is my time going? What applications am I using, how much time I'm spending on different tasks or projects? I love that I can also log off-line time on the computer or mobile phone. This tool is even better when used for a team monitoring. I can see how many hours every employee spends in certain apps, projects or tasks. I can see when they start and end their workday, and I see their productivity ratio.

Pros

Cross-platform compatibility (MacOS-X, Windows, iOS, Android), Simplicity, Beautiful design, simple application assignment

Cons

I'd love to drill into details about a certain time period, productivity status etc. For example, if I have a block of an unproductive period, I'd like to be able to click on it in a report to see where have I spent the unproductive time (or productive, or neutral).

MM

Marc M.

Computer Software, self-employed

Time is useful to keep my work-life balance where I want

My main problem is to do 40 productive hours a week. I don't want to do more, I don't want to do less. I want to be honest and productive.

Pros

The graphs and the summary stats. It is clear. If anything, I would add even more stats.

Cons

Maybe there is room for some basic analyses on how you are able to focus or what you need to chill. I think that it could also work as a "blocker", as it serves similar needs.Whenever you want to see a page you have previously banned, it should block you. Then it would be not just a time tracker, but a productivity tool.

SB

Sarath B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Best Cost efficient and User friendly Employee Time tracking Software

Using desktime we are able to know what the team is doing from the user level, how much work is being done on a daily basis, and where we are lacking in allocation and strategy. It gives us transparency and clarity which is very good in setting standards and maintaining production.

Pros

* Easy to implement * Easy to maintain * Interface is very good and the way data is displayed is excellent * Automated screenshots every 3 mins is a very good feature

Cons

* Email Notifications need to be customizable * Notification for when a user is idle for more than a set time is a must for large organizations * And more testing before releasing new updates as I have experienced issues with screenshots previously.

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Time Tracking

Pros

Easy to track employee time is very nice.

Cons

I have my doubts about the security of this app - why do you need to record screens?

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. While we do offer a screenshot feature it is completely optional - we advise employers to be transparent and always be mindful if and when using this feature. We also offer the option to capture screens only in case of suspicious activity, and for the images to be blurred. All privacy issues must to addressed by the employer upon the introduction of time tracking software. We also offer users a Private time feature that users can turn on - this way employees can take care of personal business while still on company time without being tracked. Hope this helps! The DeskTime team