Chronogolf Reviews

4.8/5 (127 reviews)

Pros
  • Ease of use, simple training, fast, no down time, support staff amswers calls and emails immediately
  • For managing reservations, nothing is easier than the Chronogolf software. Also, from setting up tournaments to processing payments, everything runs smoothly. The platform is constantly evolving and allows golf club managers like myself to monitor the day-to-day operations using the detailed report tool.
  • Everything has been uniquely tailored to our specifications as they also took care of designing a new website for us to improve the booking process. It even allows us to manage our promotions online as well as our tournaments. I like the fast and courteous service by support chat whenever we have an issue.
  • I love the Chronogolf solution for its user friendly features and how easy it is to train employees. For example, being able to move a reservation with a simple drag and drop to the desired new tee time makes things easier to handle at the proshop. Also, the free support by chat that is offered is always fast and efficient.
Cons
  • Nothing that comes to mind at the moment
  • I don't have anything specific to mention.
  • Haveyet to find something we don't like about the software!
  • We've tailored the software to facilitate our needs, can't really complain
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Donna Cooke

We love Chronogolf!

Reviewed 2019-09-27

Pros
The Canaan Country Club recently ran an anniversary special which was extremely successful in bringing in many new members. With the sudden rise in memberships, we needed to find a tee time system that would keep us organized. We chose Chronogolf by Lightspeed and we LOVE it! This program is so user friendly, which was exactly what we needed, as we have a few employees who have never even used a computer before! Our club has never used a tee time system either, but this program was so easy to learn that it made a very smooth transition for us. Every feature and function in this program works together to make booking tee times simple and easy, while keeping you organized in the shop and on the course. My favorite feature is the Customer Support chat box located in the corner of the program window which offers live help whenever needed. The customer support team is a great comfort to us. I would recommend this program to any golf course.

Cons
Haveyet to find something we don't like about the software!

Zac Carson

Chronogolf is proactive and not reactive.

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Pros
Chronogolf has been great so far, I have spent a fair amount of time working with rep. that being over the phone, or via email as well. We went through a seminar together on introducing me to the program, as I came to the position I am in while Chronogolf has already been put into place at the golf course. After the seminar, I have found that the software is super user-friendly and understandable. I just needed some direction in the beginning but it was easy to get help from rep. as he was available pretty much whenever I needed. So kudos to him for that!

Cons
We would like an easier way to see rounds per player but things are being put in place for that so that is great to hear.

Dave Armstrong

I have used GolfNow and I would recommend Chronogolf system to any golf course operation.

Reviewed 2019-03-07

I would also like to mention the customer service is fantastic. CSR and others are quick with responding to my emails, always doing follow ups on issues that I had. These issues were on improving my knowledge of the operating system, web page performance and how to maximize Chronogolf for my needs and to improve our marketing needs.

Pros
I have used Chronogolf for one golf season here in Ontario, Canada. I have come to enjoy working with the system. The program is very user friendly and fast when dealing with phone bookings. The ease of going from Chronogolf to Lightspeed POS to the any other part of the system (customer list, inventory, pricing, etc) is fast and easy to navigate.

Cons
There were some questions about the marketing tool that CSR helped me with. He checks up on us and makes sure we are aware of the new features and making sure we are using the software to its full potential.

Charles Candler

Chronogolf has helped enhance my business!

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Pros
Chronogolf is a great system which makes the check-in process efficient in the golf shop. Our members love the fact that you can manage your own profile and see up to the minute account information. The features you can utilize between notes on the tee sheets, package options, email and text to your customers, etc, are great features that make Chronogolf unique. One of the best parts of Chronogolf is the ability to real-time chat with customer service. A lot of companies sell you a package and make it difficult to service that product. However, Chronogolf is accessible and quick to service and stand behind their product. That is one of the best selling features of this system!

Cons
I would like to see some changes in the Food & Beverage POS but other than that everything is working in harmony.

Nathalie Chabot

The customer service is excellent!

Reviewed 2019-08-08

We have selected the Chronogolf platform to modernize the amenities at our golf club and we are very happy with our choice.

Pros
The tee sheet is very intuitive and my team understands the operations very quickly. I really like the ability to modify reservations by changing the date or tee time with a simple drag & drop. The packages, the memberships, the emails and the SMS feature are all options that have improved the daily life of our operations. The platform continues to evolve with new features every month and administrators at Chronogolf are very attentive to our needs.

Cons
I am satisfied with the software. The Chronogolf team addresses our issues very quickly on the support chat.

Marie-Claude Meloche

The support team is always available to answer our questions at any time.

Reviewed 2019-08-06

We handle a large restaurant for events and using the Lightspeed Restaurant integration with Chronogolf has been very helpful to manage credit accounts.

Pros
We have been working for several years with Chronogolf, Lightspeed Retail & Restaurant and we do not regret our choice! Having multiple events and weddings per day, we needed a complete solution for Food & Beverage and the Restaurant POS is perfect for our needs. The Chronogolf software is easy to use for both the managers and the staff. The Chronogolf team is proactive and improves their software many times per year.

Cons
Every software has their small issues, however the Chronogolf team is always there to fix our problems quickly.

Guy Lefebvre

Chronogolf is easy to use and completes our day-to-day operations!

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Since the arrival of Chonogolf at our golf course, our employees benefit from a tool of the highest performance! We are happy with the decision we made.e

Pros
Chronogolf is an excellent online booking software for managing reservations at the proshop. The fact that members have access to their profile online, the ability to take notes on reservations and send emails to customers directly from the tee sheet are just some of the many benefits of having this robust software at our golf course. Moreover, the ability to chat live with Chronogolf agents is without a doubt the main advantage.

Cons
We want to add the POS integration to Chronogolf to facilitate payments and inventory management.

Donald St-Pierre

Great integrated software!

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Pros
We love the Chronogolf and Lightspeed softwares for its cloud-based solution and aesthetic. It is also easy for non-technical users to learn the platform. Inventory management is also a big plus as it is easy to use and it responds well and fast. The online booking allows us to have more time on our hands to do other things at the proshop because we have less phone calls. For us, it's a perfect solution for a small business that needs a tee sheet management software and a great POS.

Cons
No specific cons, they update the software regularly and the support chat is there 7 days a week if we have an issue.

Gilles Desloges

We love Chronogolf!

Reviewed 2019-10-31

We only have good things to say about the Chronogolf team.

Pros
We were one of the first Chronogolf customer and since the very beginning, we have not stopped complimenting the service we receive. The clean and sleek design of the interface makes it easy to navigate and understand the software. When there is a problem, there is always someone to answer us quickly and correct the issue if necessary. There are also many training videos for how to use the software which allows us to learn the features when we have time or at home.

Cons
When we have issues, we reach out on the support chat and they quickly find solutions.

Bert Collins

Chronogolf allows us to offer a better and faster service for a superior customer experience.

Reviewed 2019-08-26

We are extremely pleased with our partnership with Chronogolf and we can’t wait to continue to offer our clients and valued members a superior service at our golf course

Pros
Since the implementation of Chronogolf at our facility, we can manage tee times in a more efficient way. All our members can now book their tee time online with just a few clicks! The software has a large variety of options, like the tournament module, that enable us to manage the day-to-day activities of the course with ease.

Cons
There is not something specific we dislike, but whenever we have an issue, the support team is always patient and helpful.

Sean Muntz

The Live Chat Support feature on the tee sheet is great!

Reviewed 2019-07-26

Chronogolf also has a "Customer Success" team that will reach out every few months and review our set up and offer feedback on how we can utilize certain features better, which is a great value-add! Overall, I'm very happy to be using Chronogolf!

Pros
The bank for the buck is awesome! The biggest advantage of Chronogolf is not having to trade tee times for services. Having an off season to keep our website really helps us-particularly since we are a seasonal course. I like the fact that everything is cloud-based. It's a bonus that everything is integrated with Lightspeed Retail and Lightspeed Restaurant. It makes our Reporting very easy.

Cons
Sometimes features and upgrades take longer than hoped for. They do keep us up to date when they do introduce new features though, so that's great!

Frédéric Raymond

We are very happy with the software

Reviewed 2019-10-31

Pros
We are proud to use Chronogolf by Lightspeed for its complete tee sheet management. The platform is intuitive and easy to use and allows our entire organization to effectively manage day-to-day operations from anywhere. It’s easy to manage our inventory and keep the stock updated as well as keeping track of special orders for customers, which saves me lots of time. One last thing would be the ease of access to a support agent through chat which ensures that any queries or concerns are addressed promptly and effectively.

Cons
Nothing that comes to mind at the moment

Ken Hamilton

The transition to Chronogolf was quick and simple!

Reviewed 2018-12-03

Pros
We joined Chronogolf in Spring of 2017 and integrated them with Lightspeed for our POS. While there was a learning curve for all involved, both staff and members, the feedback and assistance offered by Chronogolf made the transition quick and simple. The system is fantastic and with the multiple platforms they now offer. Our club is well positioned to service all of our customers. The help desk response time is very prompt and they always seem to have the answers to our problems. I would highly recommend you seriously consider Chronogolf if you are looking for a new and better operational suite for your club.

Cons
There are some things I would like to see on the tee-sheet but other than that everything is great.

Jonathan Garron

Would highly recommend this to any and all Golf Facilities.

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Pros
Abercrombie Country Club switched to Chronogolf a few years back and the system has surpassed any and all expectations we had. The software is all-inclusive, providing all your club needs together in one place. Very user-friendly software for staff and Chronogolf provides exceptional customer service for any needs you may not be able to accomplish on your own.

Cons
The only thing I can say is I know I do not use the system to its full potential but the Chronogolf team is always helping us and letting us know what is new in terms of features and options within the system.

Tyler Baker

We have already recommended Chronogolf to other courses in our area

Reviewed 2020-01-09

Our staff were able to comprehend and identify how the system worked in no time at all, which saved us having to spend hours in training.

Pros
After using the same POS system for many years, we felt the time was right to look for a new platform. We searched all the latest technology and found Chronogolf by Lightspeed would be our best fit. Now that we have used it for a full season, we are very happy with our decision. The reporting we are able to do exceeds our expectations, as well as the unlimited marketing opportunities we are able to access. We are now taking advantage of the add ons such as ChronoPitch and have developed a new phone app as well.

Cons
We've tailored the software to facilitate our needs, can't really complain

Charlie Martin

Buying, training, and product help all made easy.

Reviewed 2019-11-13

After adopting the Dynamic Pricing Module, we saw our rounds more evenly distributed across the day, with improved pace of play. The process from start to finish has been a breeze and I would suggest Chronogolf to any industry colleagues.

Pros
The purchasing process was a breeze, and we received tons of support during implementation. Our staff picked up on the new system very quickly, and the blog posts that outline how to complete all SOP's were very helpful. We found that our members immediately began online booking, which most didn't do when using our old system. Reporting data is easy to pull from both Chronogolf and Lightspeed. The real time help chat is a big bonus as well, as questions get answered extremely quickly.

Cons
The only challenge that we had was with regards to a payment type in Lightspeed, which was really quite negligible. Overall there were no significant issues with the software.

Jean-Guy Côté

I highly recommend Chronogolf to all golf course managers

Reviewed 2019-01-29

I like that a confirmation email is sent to the customer when a reservation is taken, which avoids errors when the player check in.

Pros
The Chronogolf booking software is very easy to use for both employees and customers. We can view the tee sheet from any computer or tablet and even make last-minute changes. There is a feature that allows you to send an e-mail to all those who have a reservation to let them know in case of maintenance or bad weather. The functionalities are really great and much appreciated by the players.

Cons
I don't have anything specific to mention.

Tyler MacEachern

Every part of Chronogolf has been an improvement from what our previous system was able to do

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
We have been using the Chronogolf platform for a number of years and we love that new features are being added on a consistent basis. The platform is very easy to use and everyone on the Chronogolf team is very helpful any time we need assistance. Being a busy 36-hole golf facility, taking a high volume of calls while trying to serve customers in the pro shop is a challenge that Lightspeed and Chronogolf address head-on.

Cons
We've tailored the software to meet all our requirements. The platform is very easy to use, cannot complain!

Jason Harris

My experience with Chronogolf has been excellent.

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Overall I am happy with both the product itself and the direction of the company.

Pros
When I first started calling around to other golf course owners about the products they were using for a tee sheet and POS, no other product received the exceptional reviews that Chronogolf received and now I know why. Chronogolf has solved a lot of organization issues for my facility and has greatly improved my marketing ability at what I consider a great price. The staff has been very responsive and as I make requests for changes or additions to their program they take the requests seriously and look into solutions.

Cons
I would have liked a Package Report but the support team was quick to show me how to obtain that.

Alain Simard

Members appreciate how easy it is to book online!

Reviewed 2019-08-26

Our golf facility has been happy to use the Chronogolf booking software since 2014. It has been a very good experience so far.

Pros

Cons
We had a few issues with the internet that made the situation a bit challenging, but other than that, everything is working great!

Nick Peters

Simple, user friendly, most effective system we have ever had!

Reviewed 2017-06-15

Pros

Cons
Lots of clicks to take payments, but thats the only minor thing. Sometimes slow between screens but rarely

Response from Chronogolf

Hey Nick! Feedback is much appreciated. Glad to see you're having a positive experience. As for payments, we've just rolled out a new "POS Mode" feature that allows you to check-in multiple foursomes at once. It will drastically reduce check-in time for groups, and it might be helpful for you!

For single reservations, you also have the ability for a one-click send to POS shortcut. Hover over the reservation and click the cash till :)

Barrie McWha

We are very happy with Chronogolf

Reviewed 2019-08-16

Pros
I love how technologically advanced the Chronogolf tee sheet is. It is very easy to use and if there's something I don't know, I can reach out to Support and they are quick to respond and fix problems for me. The promo codes, the packages module are all features we use often. There are some nifty features like the news section and some other features we get to use better, to promote different facilities at our course for our customers. We have been using Chronogolf for a while now and are overall very happy with the software.

Cons
We would like to see the packages have a half usage option. Other than that, our operation is very well tailored to the software.

Nicolas Campbell

Chronogolf is very intuitive

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Pros

Cons
Only con would be the fear of our internet being down and if that is the case not being able to run the proshop in the meantime. That is a risk to take for a great cloud based software.

Michel Turgeon

A user-friendly and accessible software from any computer or tablet.

Reviewed 2019-01-29

From the first months we started using the software, the team at Chronogolf listened and made several changes and improvements from my suggestions and comments.

Pros

Cons
The software itself is good for me based on the functionalities that I use.

Jay Hitchcock

Chronogolf has revolutionized our golf course!

Reviewed 2018-11-29

Keep innovating Chronogolf, you’re helping take some of the management of day to day challenges completely out of our hands so we can focus on higher value activities.

Pros
The service that we’ve received from the Chronogolf staff has been second to none. In fact, their strong knowledge base has allowed us to self serve most of our issues but when we do have to reach out, resolutions are quick and courteous. The Chronogolf solution has been a major contributor to the modernization of our golf course and it’s hard to envision the paper based world we lived in just a couple of years ago.

Cons
I don't really have much to say about any cons. I really like how integrated the POS system is. It is great.