TrueCoach Logo

Suggested alternatives

exercise-com
everfit
mindbody

Overall UI is beautiful and easy to navigate. Easy for clients to setup their account and integrate with MyFitnessPal which is a great plus point.
Very easy customer service is awesome and they are so helpful plus they were awesome over COVID.
TrueCoach is extremely user friendly, both for me and my clients. I especially love how great their customer support team is, very responsive.
Frustrating to use with my iPad when designing workouts or needing go change something on the fly. Lack of diversity in body sizes and races in videos.
One thing I find missing is the ability to do a one-time charge to a clients account. I also have found the process of cancelling and restarting a program to be a bit confusing at first.
Clients have complained about watching the demo videos and their own music being shut off.

PC

Peter C.

Owner

The best software for Personal Trainers / Online Trainers / Fitness Coaches

Transcript

Peter: Hi, my name is Peter. I'm an in-person and online personal trainer in the fitness industry, and...

MW

Megan W.

Head Trainer

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Overall I really like this software

Transcript

Meg: Hey, my name is Meg. I'm a personal trainer, specifically online personal training. And I would...

Andrew B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Best programming software I have used

I have no longer had to rely on using an excel or google sheets type format that is awkward for writing and can get confusing the longer you use it. Clients love the ease of use of TrueCoach and communication has never been better.

Pros

Do you want to spend more time then is necessary programming? This software greatly enhances your ability to effectively and efficiently deliver programming to clients. Reviewing results and communication is seamless. Its design allows for organizing what your plan is and then translating that to a program that delivers it in an attractive format . Their new app is incredible.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little slow to respond, something I know they are working on

Thank you for the kind words Andrew. We truly appreciate your support.

HP

Holly P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great when I first joined, but waiting for some needed developments

Overall experience is very good but I find the price jump & no. of clients jump from 20 straight to 50 is very big and actually discourages me from taking on about five more group clients that would put me in the 25 range. I had never considered moving from TrueCoach before but I do find more and more of my friends moving and recommending other softwares that have more of the functionality we need as community becomes so online in the age of Corona. Whether this functionality becomes available on TC may well decide whether it remains worth it for me.

Pros

I love the ease of attaching videos to movements and receiving videos from clients. I also like being able to save workout templates to assign and edit later.

Cons

I wish there were options to be more social between clients on the platform if they wanted to because this can really help with adherence and retention, even for individual training clients. I also wish that the nutrition side offered more detail - ability to see food logs from MyFitnessPal would be huge and let me get rid of an additional software I have to pay for for this.

CK

Cary K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Leaving in a week for a better platform

Excited at first, and then just dreaded logging in after a few months. I’ve grown as a coach, and the platform has refused to grow at all. In fact, they broke the client app, and still haven’t fixed it. It just makes me sad to think about, now.

Pros

Truecoach is good for a brand new coach with less than 5 clients, that needs to get organized. After that, the platform gets overwhelmed with its own features and poor design.

Cons

The coaching interface is cumbersome. Programming and tweaking is painful and tedious. It’s like they launched the product, and then stopped improving it. There are 3 platforms that are less expensive and do the same thing, now. And, truecoach had the audacity to raise the price with no improvements, and then roll out features to cost their customers more money each month for services that are easily available for less. Truecoach is just trying to trap customers into feeling like all their stuff is on one half-baked platform.

WH

Will H.

A Must Have for All Fitness Professionals

Using the Truecoach software has been an awesome experience so far. The ease of operation, great price, useful features, and customer service are hard to argue with!

Pros

The Truecoach software's ease of use for both coach and athlete are a game changer. As a business owner, being able to easily create and update programs from my phone while one the go is extremely convenient. Also, my clients love having the ability to watch quick demo videos directly in the app instead of having to google the movement or message me for a reminder.

Cons

Initially, my only concern was the inability to accept payments through the software but that feature was recently added!

MB

Molly B.

Great Software for Self-Employed Personal Trainers

I've loved using TrueCoach. I explored some other softwares but this one stood out amongst the rest. It's easy to use for myself and my clients and they have great customer service. I also love the exercise library, the ability to upload videos, and the options you have when writing/designing workout programs.

Pros

The ease of use for my clients and myself. Every once in a while, someone gets confused or has a question but TrueCoach has great FAQs that help with most issues. I also love how intuitive the backend is for me. I didn't feel like I had to do much learning to get in the groove of using TrueCoach.

Cons

The payment/subscription set up is not my favorite. I bill my clients bi-weekly or every 4-weeks depending on their package and I have to manually go in and cancel and restart subscriptions each month to make this work with my billing schedule.

CN

Christopher N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great Coach to Athlete software.

Pros

Love the ease in which I can customize programs for my clients. Video editing and voice over is a breeze! Thanks

Cons

Calendars move too fast, one wrong move with my thumb and I'm months away from the week I'm looking at... really a small price to pay for such an excellent product.

HF

Hannah F.

Sports, self-employed

Easy to Use and Professional

Overall it's been very positive. I would like to try and start learning how to use Excel to save on the cost of this software.

Pros

It is very easy to deliver workouts to all of my clients and they receive daily notifications when they do have a workout in their plan. I don't have to text them individually to make sure to get it done. It's very professional looking and clients love to see the graphs they can create to view their own progress.

Cons

I have 24 clients and I wish I could pay per slot instead of in large groups because I have to pay for six additional slots that I don't use with a 30 person plan

CJ

Christy J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Excellent. It can continued to improve over the years.

Pros

TrueCoach is easy to use for myself as a coach, and for my clients. I really enjoy the ability to attach videos to each exercise since workouts are done remotely. Customer service is always excellent.

Cons

The plans go from 5 clients to a 20 client jump. Really wish there was a 10 client plan included in there. I am growing and will probably have 6-7 remote clients, but not nearly 20, but will need to pay for the 20 limit.

TM

Tara M R.

Lift With Tara

Pros

Easy for clients to use, lots of options to track their progress

Cons

Coaches mobile app quite useless, have to log onto website to access properly

RL

Rodrick L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great for coaches of any kind!

I wish I would’ve started using truecoach the first day I started coaching. I love everything about it. I highly recommend for coaches just starting and well established coaches.

Pros

- Makes everything look professional - Easy to transfer workouts/programs - Great to collect consistent payment - User friendly - Amazing program and gross with you!

Cons

- Having to wait for new features! - The inability to have your coaches link to their own stripe account.

GQ

Gretchen Q.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Daily grind made easy for Clients and Coaches.

Pros

It's so easy for clients/athletes to set themselves up. Understanding and tracking their work/progress is impressively intuitive even for the not-so tech savvy. On the programming/coaching side of things, the browser experience is incredibly smooth. Coaches find ways to make programming more efficient every day!

Cons

The mobile app is great from an athlete standpoint, needs work (start existing!) from a coach/programmer standpoint. Currently, coaches have to program on the browser version on mobile, the UI/UX isn't as seamless as the athlete/client end of things.

TL

Tara Lee G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Ease of use and customer service.

It has been an excellent experience overall and from the beginning.

Pros

Programming workouts is extremely easy, complete and thorough. I can make a skeleton plan or I can plan for one day. There are preloaded exercise videos which are extremely useful and usable.

Cons

I’m still waiting for a platform for nutrition and nutrition coaching. There have been some additions on this but I’m hoping for a full nutrition platform.

BM

Brianne M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

An effective tool for coaches

Overall it has helped me with my business tremendously and I hope it continues to improve and evolve as my business grows.

Pros

TrueCoach helps me communicate and keep tabs on my clients with their messaging and compliance ratings. It has many great feautures

Cons

The messaging can be improved as it doesn’t allow you to review which photo you want to send in the chat before it’s sent. Messages should also have a voice note option to improve client experience. The android app just redirects clients to a webpage which isn’t as good. The payment and other features aren’t available worldwide, just US. Often times, I upload workouts and they don’t save or the page reloads and erases what I had typed.

JB

Joe B.

Excellent Client Software, Solid Coach Software

Overall the software is functional and useful, with client experience being the priority and the primary reason I haven't changed software.

Pros

The client side of the app is fantastic. I enjoy the way communication works and the ease of use for clients. Getting set up and running is fast and simple.

Cons

The most time-consuming part of coaching is getting data into the software and then utilizing said data on the back end. I would like for some form of volume and load management within the software as well as a more "open" means of inputting different data or information to clients.

MS

Matt S.

All virtual coaches will one day use Fitbot. Not a question of if, but when they choose to adopt.

Pros

My path in virtual coaching started entirely manual, adopting systems from several electronic formats like email and Drive. This process, which now looks archaic, resulted in an entire workday per week to catch up with non-automated tasks. These tasks ranged from sending workouts, collecting results, engaging in outreach, hunting down Youtube videos, etc. Fitbot slashed all of those manual process, I had to learn on the fly, and drafted them into an automated system. In summary, you could say my favorite aspect about Fitbot is the 'admin' work it does behind the scenes for me. I get to do more coaching, and less busy-work necessary to the management of clients.

Cons

The software is still in it's infancy, and I do not default that. Universally humans are striving for connectivity. Ironically in an age of immediate internet access globally, our race is as LEAST connected as ever. Fitbot does provide depth in the connection of client-to-coach. However, Fitbot is missing client-to-client interactions. In the system of OPEX, for example, our immediate goal is to reach 1,000 simultaneous clients in a virtual system. My challenge to Fitbot is creating echosystems where that volume of individuals can meaningfully connect with tribes of 50-150 people like them. They need to feel engaged with seeing others' results and progressions, not watered down with a potential never-ending stream of results.

Thanks for the review Matt! We appreciate all of the feedback you've given us over the past few years. We've got some awesome new features in the works, can't wait to get them out in the wild!

PB

Perrin B.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Review for TrueCoach

Overall, I've been extremely happy with TrueCoach and their customer service over the years. Communication has been improved over time as they've grown their team. Like I said previously, there have been some one-off issues in the past that disrupted my processes but were solved. After experimenting with similar software, nothing compares to TrueCoach.

Pros

TrueCoach has provided a tool for me to be able to better communicate with my clients. Before TrueCoach I would spend countless hours messing with spreadsheets, email, and text messages. Their platform has allowed me to streamline my process so I can communicate better and more efficiently. The company is constantly innovating and reaching out to their clients for feedback that drives their improvements.

Cons

Any software in its infancy will always have bugs and need improvements. Over the years there have been some issues that disabled usability or didn't allow me to access a feature at certain times. All in all, none of them have been a huge deal and they were eventually remediated. I'd like is billing/payment processing ability, but I know that has been in the works for a while long and assume there are good reasons it doesn't exist yet. The product works much better for individuals over teams. I'd love a platform where I could communicate with a team or group all at once vs solely in individual profiles. I.E. a chatroom or group similar to what exists on Facebook.

CK

Chad K.

A Phenomenal System for Remote Coaching

overall TrueCoach is the system I have chosen for years and will continue to use, I do check out other systems periodically but non seem to have the smooth finish that they have

Pros

I love the fact that it creates a easy to use and effective system to deliver remote coaching. for myself the majority of my clients are remote and don't have a lot of disposable income. But TrueCoach allows me to work with them easily through the remote delivery, and the price point makes it extremely affordable to use it as a management software for them when building my own would cost significantly more.

Cons

there isn't much to hate about the system, its billed and designed to be an individual design remote coaching software and it does that phenomenally. But I do feel it lacks the ability to easily integrate or deliver mass market programs, ie cookie cutter programs. I would love to see them integrate a subscription service into their system which allows for mass market programs to be delivered using the admin accounts existing exercise library and programs, with an automatic cut off if payment is canceled or doesn't go through.

MS

Melanie S.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Perfect Remote Coaching Software

Overall, I love this software. It allows me to track all of my clients' workouts and histories. I can program their workouts and they are delivered seamlessly. I have had great experiences with customer service over the years.

Pros

I love that the users have an easy to use app that delivers the workouts easily. I especially like that I can upload my own videos for each exercise that I assign to my clients.

Cons

I wish there were an app for the coaches to do programming and workout edits/tracking. If I want to track workout metrics during an in-person coaching session, it is a bit clumsy to use the program in my phone's browser.

MW

Marcus W.

Review of TrueCoach

Apart from just making my job easier, TrueCoach for sure adds value both in selling a client but client retention. I am not really competing with another coach, I am competing with Netflix, Pelaton, and other visually appealing and ease of use mediums by which someone can easily get a workout for the 10th of what I charge.

Pros

All Clients in one place Easily write workouts and have circuits distinct from one another visibly Ability to comment on each section Upload videos to each workout

Cons

I would like a video database. Say over a year a client uploads 50-100 videos. Instead of having to find them or download each one it would be great to just have a client video database, where I can see all the videos, and each also has a link that takes me to the workout it represents. I want an app for the coach for writing workouts on the go. Fortunately, I live a very boring life and am always home so I can typically respond to a client, change a workout on the fly, etc. However on the rare occasion, I go out, and a client needs something changed or just wants a workout that day, an app for the coach would make this much easier obviously.

MB

Mitch B.

Good quality CRM

Pros

Adding products and creating subscriptions for our athletes was easy and intuitive. The customization of each athletes workouts as well the feature to create and assign programs works well with our gym model. The ability to add to an already existing exercise library that autocompletes suggestions is Aldo a nice feature.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to add membership contracts as well as an e-sign function to accompany each membership. Single use payments would also be helpful to process through the software.

TK

Troy K.

Tru Coach Review

Overall experience has been great. The side features of equipment lists, notes, or even being able to build your own programs is awesome! Also love being able to communicate to clients through the app (online).

Pros

I can easily build workouts, search previous history, or move workouts when needed without a hastle. My clients can also see videos of any movement, whether it's already logged with central athlete or I find something off of YouTube.

Cons

I don't like all of the demo videos from central athlete so I've had to either create my own or find something from YouTube. I also struggle to find some videos when I'm typing the exercise name out as it only pulls up some of the options with the similar letters that I've typed (even though what I'm looking for is in the video library). I also don't like or use the payment option through Tru Coach. It's a great feature/idea but I'm not willing to pay the higher credit card fees per client/sale to use it. There also should be an app that can be downloaded with Google/Android phones.

MH

Mike H.

A MUST for any On-Line Coach

Overall - IT IS AMAZING!!! Response from the support team is QUICK and always answer my questions.

Pros

TrueCoach has a great video library and resources to leverage when building out programs for clients. Adding clients is easy and very intuitive. The flexibility with how to write the workouts is so useful - you can do supersets, circuits or just prescribe simple sets and reps.

Cons

It takes a little getting used to - especially how to move exercises around within a day. Sometimes they get a little buggy and don’t land in the right spot. Another issue is when I copy and past workouts, it jumps a little and I have to pay close attention to what day I am editing - I have caught myself editing the wrong day and having to course correct. The lack of ability to charge clients through the app is a sore point. Hopefully this update will happen sooner than later. I have held off on trying a 3rd party option and I am getting tired of chasing clients through PayPal. It would be best if it was all through TrueCoach.

Thanks for your feedback Mike. We are so happy that the platform is so easy to use, and we totally understand your frustration with the payment function. Just know we are working tirelessly to get it done.

JK

Jordan K.

Fitbot/TrueCoach

It does increase my programming time and it is a great way to deliver my clients their workouts and create a streamline and cohesive business platform for me. it allows me to communicate with my clients efficiently and also allows for some distance between my clients and I when i am "not on the clock" from the old days of my cell phone for communication and emailing or google drive files....

Pros

The easy to use interface makes it great for setting up individual clients. Programming fast is easy, saving me time.

Cons

the software does limit to me to just a one on one with clients, and having season groups that I do offer, running programs or athletic teams I have had to get another software system to handle these groups, so i now have 2 payments and 2 different interfaces that my gym uses. Also a payment processing option i would have utilized initially, as i have had to use another software system to run all of that as well... it would be nice to have it all on one place. Also, app for android users...

Thanks for the feedback Jordan. We hope to have a payment function in the near future, hopefully we can cut down some of the platforms you are using. We are continually focused around building out the best platform possible, so we appreciate hearing your pain points.

WS

Whitney S.

True Coach Revjew

I love true coach and think this is the best way to deliver individualized remote coaching and programs.

Pros

Added video for movements. Free app download for clients Ability to build out programs and assign entire program to client. Movement video library Warm up and Cool down library

Cons

No built in timer to assign a client an amrap or tabata or emom. Added cost / clients, would prefer just a straight monthly fee as clients go up and down.

JS

Joshua S.

Everything You Need To Be Successful

TrueCoach has been a life-saver for my business. The quality of the product and customer service support makes using this software a no-brainer.

Pros

The extensive library of exercises, ease of implementation and use, and quality support make this the best product on the market.

Cons

The lack of syncing capability with third-party applications can be a challenge, however, these issues continue to be solved day-after-day.