PicMonkey Logo

PicMonkey

Photo editing and design tools designed to elevate brands

PicMonkey Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.28/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

IT is really nice that I don't have to have a subscription to a professional tool like Adobe Indesign to be able to make meaningful graphics for my business.
It is great if you're looking for variety, this software contains beautiful textures which is great if you're looking to stand out.
I'm very happy with what this software has to offer, it's very user friendly and a great editing software for anyone to use.
I dislike that I would have to pay to use the premium features, but I understand why. I probably would pay if I needed to use it more often.
The worst thing about this app is the login options. Since it's new upgrade, the login has gotten really tacky.
But if they just fix their log in problems, it'd be a beast.

PicMonkey users...

Canva-logocaret
+ 11

Canva

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)-logocaret
+ 1

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Adobe Photoshop-logocaret
+ 1

Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Creative Cloud-logocaret

Adobe Creative Cloud

How would you rate PicMonkey?

Linda R.

Director of Digital Communications

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

A worthy competitor to Canva

Transcript

Linda R.: My name is Linda, I'm a director of digital communications, and I give PicMonkey three out...

Great little tool for quick image edits for social media

Transcript

Chris H.: Hi, I'm Chris, speaker coach, and I rate PicMonkey four out of five. For more videos like this,...

A Long-time Favorite

Some of my greatest designs have been edited on PickMonkey with stunning results! That says it all!

Pros

It has changed over the years and the free use is very limited now and I cannot afford a plan. But, I am still able to do what I need and PicMonkey offers some filters, effects, etc that are better than other sites and some that only they have. It helps me put the final touches on my art.

Cons

It was better for me a couple of years ago when it was totally free, at least I think it was, and not you are reeled into having to pay, pay, pay. But, I am still able to use the limited freebies and will always love PicMonkey!

Affordable photo editing software

I successfully edited many photos with picmonkey, and I created social media ads for my business. While there weren't as many tools as I wanted and the library wasnt as vast as I would like, I was happy with the outcome of my work on Picmonkey. I created our first logo with Picmonkey and customers complimented me on it many times.

Pros

Picmonkey provides most basic photo editing tools, crop, filter, collage maker, etc. A library of templates is available, to edit templates a drag and drop feature is provided. There is a faunt library and text can be manipulated with shadowing or curvature. Cloud storage is available and your Picmonkey files can be accessed from any device when you log in. Files can be shared to most social media or through email. Picmonkey is not hard to use, customer support is provided. Updates and improvements are made occasionally, recently background remover was added.

Cons

Picmonkey does not rank high for me in tools or library quality. I have used other software with many more editing tools provided, and more options within those tools (for example more filters in the filter tool). To download any of your work you'll need to pay for a subscription. The cheaper subscription on Picmonkey provides the same as the free version of other software.

PicMonkey for you picture

If the activity that needs to be done on the images is not very complex, it is an excellent tool.

Pros

The software is very useful for creating and managing images for social media. is a very immediate and agile photo editing tool that can be of great help.

Cons

The section with templates can be further implemented to give users more possibilities.

Great video, photo editing and design software on the go.

Pros

Intuitive interface and clean. Software is light and load faster for such advanced editing features which tend to make software heavy. Collaborative editing is the favourable. In this era of working from home, gig-based jobs, it makes it easy for a team to collaborate without wasting time and space to be together. Unlimited cloud storage for pro and business plans

Cons

Basic plan has very few features. Others need pro and business plans. I would add the ability to upload fonts in basic plan.

PicMonkey is a wonderful tool!

I have had a wonderful experience. I have used PicMonkey for the last 5 years. I have seen it transform over the years, becoming even better than what it use to be. I like to see these improvements!

Pros

PicMonkey is user friendly and can be used for an array of services! I love how many different templates and fitted sizes there are to choose from!

Cons

The filters are not the best. I think there should be an option to buy filters from professional photographers, kind of like how you can do it on lightroom. Profressional filters would make this software untouchable!

Editing Pictures The Easy Way

Pros

Easy to share and edit pictures quick and efficiently, a great user interface with easy and simple controls and settings. Also collages and videos editing is made incredibly easy with Picmonkey.

Cons

The lag of it being an internet app can be insane at times. There are moments where changes are saved and times where crashing is abrupt and occurring often.

PicMonkey is the BEST

Over I give it a 10/10 it does what none of the other editing apps do and with excellent quality

Pros

The watermarking is probably my favorite feature of this software. I can completely erase anything I want from any photo without it destroying the photo.

Cons

Sometimes the editing features are a bit slow and takes awhile to upload but other than that it’s a great software.

love this app great for networking with friends

wonderful software and very happy with all aspects

Pros

ease of use, good support a great software!

Cons

happy with all aspects, ease to use not complicated at all

I feel like a professional designer XD

Pros

It is very easy to use, you can create wonderful designs in simple ways that have great quality and the features are very complete!

Cons

The price for the membership as I do not use it as often to really take advantage of the price I would be paying. But i have tried the premium version due to a free trial and I have to say it is very good.

Making creating flyers and designs fun!

Pros

As a board member for our PTA, efficiency and ease of use are some of my favorite things about using this program. Not only does it let me create amazing designs to share, it also helps us stand out from the rest and let's me having fun while creating my designs.

Cons

You do have to subscribe to keep access to your designs.

Images Turn Out Lovely When Using PicMonkey

There are so many templates to play around with that I literally have to dedicate a whole day to picking out which one does it for me the most. PicMonkey bought out the photo-editing genius in me that I never knew existed because I usually take video-editing seriously, photos were never really my thing but now they totally are.

Pros

I have been making amazing photo projects as of late with this software. I upload my image into the program, I fine-tune my exposure settings, I add an effect or two just to see how much better my image can become, then I just play around with some of their touch-up tools to make the image really stand out and Voilà, I got me a masterpiece.

Cons

Something bizarre keeps happening when I use PicMonkey though. It just freezes. In making sure that it wasn't anything on my end I tried it on 3 different PCs and the the same result would happen eventually. One time it happened when I was working on an image for about 3 hours, of course silly me, I hadn't saved my work yet so I had to start all over again which was a huge bummer. They might want to look into that.

Most user friendly, inexpensive image software

Excellent, user friendly, great value for the fee, all in one place media tool. Love working with Picmonkey and won’t use anything else!

Pros

The image and video gallery is excellent. It has a diverse set of content and we use it daily. They keep up to date with what is happening around the world and have images and video footage that we can then use in our social media and web presence. The tools are very user friendly and we love the new features that Picmonkey keeps adding to our account; remove background tool, fill text with image...

Cons

It would be better if multiple images could be shared instead of one by one. A more diverse set of graphics would be helpful. For example: basic icons for construction, church, Christmas would be helpful.

Real-time collaboration Photo Editing Tool with Cloud Storage!

PicMonkey has Everything for advertising, creating visual content, and creating brand new graphical posts on social media pages. Beautiful graphics have made our site content and social media pages much more impressive and have caused our site visitors to be much more and this has increased our sales and orders.

Pros

The ability to remove background with just one click and the use of artificial intelligence for better performance of photo editing is very lovable and practical for me. The brand Kit feature is awesome, when I have uploaded the company logo and font, PicMonkey creates a full pack company brand kit with everything we need from A to Z. PicMonkey has everything I need to edit and produce visual content, a database of thousands of ready-to-use commercial stock photos, thousands of pre-made templates and fonts, email templates, collage boxes and everything I need. Also, the ability to store files and images in the cloud is very important and useful.

Cons

The features that are available in the desktop version are not available in the mobile version and are better than the features of all versions, also the ability to edit very large photos with large files should be added to the software. In general, the rest of the facilities are good and acceptable.

Awesome graphic and picture editing software

I really love using PicMonkey it is my go to graphic design tool. I use it for online graphics as well as designing print graphics.

Pros

I love that I can use the transparent background feature and make logos. I also love the fact that I can edit pictures right in the system while I'm creating, fixing blemishes, adjusting coloring and so many helpful tools are at your fingertips.

Cons

Picture edits are not completely customizable and you can't use presets like LightRoom to edit pictures.

Hi Abigail. We appreciate your review of PicMonkey - thank you! Wanted you to know that there are a few ways you can customize your edits. You can paint on/erase off an effect so it only affects a particular area of your image, you have a fade control, and quite a few of our effects have sliders to customize your look. For example, Blur has Focal Size, Edge Hardness, and Blur percentage sliders; Arcade...

Love PicMonkey!

I use PicMonkey for simple text images to make something stand out nicely on a web page or even Facebook. I love quotes and other text on Photos (meme) and enjoy playing to make things eye catching... even just the text itself!

Pros

I've used PicMonkey for years now. Who needs Photosh** (yeah I said that) when you've got PicMonkey? Yes, maybe if you are a professional making a living from images... but most of us aren't. Seriously... their tutorials are short and to the point, so I can do a quick search and learn whatever I need to do with an image for my small biz. They have quick images, oodles of fonts, backgrounds and...

Cons

Honestly, I can't imagine what I'd need that PicMonkey can't do.

Easy-to-Use Picture Editing with Tons of Features

With the help of PicMonkey, my blogs are more interesting and well-received. It has helped me to gain several hundred followers and make new friends.

Pros

I blog, with lots of pictures. I tried to learn Adobe's picture software, and it was just way too much work for me. PicMonkey is mostly intuitive. There are two features I especially like: When all I want is to correct color, brighten, etc., I use the first option called "Auto Adjust." That usually does the trick and I am ready to export and post the picture. The second feature involves cutting something...

Cons

PicMonkey does not have drag and drop. It would be easier if they would add this feature because I am so used to doing things that way. I also wish that I could jump from Picture Editing to Collage without exiting first.

Fast, Efficient Slides

With PicMonkey I have been able to crop and collage photos, as well as add fonts and stickers to make many useful graphics for my business.

Pros

This software makes it simple for the entry level user to identify different elements of editing and create wonderful slides and photo grids. There is a free trial version, but you can pay for a subscription for access to extra features. It saves work and makes it simple for anyone to use this. As a business owner who sells various products and also runs promotions, I find it a fast solution to make collages as well as sale flyers. You can also download your own fonts or backgrounds to use within the system or have access to a variety of others as well.

Cons

I think this software would benefit from additional features, such as resizing photos easily, as there are times you are limited to the type of work you can do if your uploaded photo is not within the size parameters. I would also like to see more editing options, to retouch photos in more advanced ways, for facial perfection or to color certain areas on black and white photo easily.

PicMonkey Review

If I am looking for a quick basic fix (or if I am being slightly lazy), then PicMonkey can be the ideal solution. It may not have all of the bells and whistles that larger, more powerful software can offer, but for the price and ease of use, it does offer fair value for money. I recommend this for the beginner rather than a graphic designer.

Pros

PicMonkey is a simple to use piece of software that allows for basic photo editing without the complexities of other software on the market. The changes are instant and it is clearly designed to be used even by those with no previous experience of photo editing. Their tools menu comes down the side of your screen, and it is easy to find what you are looking for once you get used to the layout. There...

Cons

While they can be fun, there are a number of more cartoon-like effects. Also, the company did change the layout of the backend which made it slightly less usable in my opinion. However, they do provide you with the option of reverting back to the old way of doing things, so it's not a big deal.

Make your photos stand out!

You can specifically edit your Facebook cover photo or even photos for intended Instagram posts with PicMonkey. Social media isn't going away anytime soon and it is fun to make your photos look the best they possibly can.

Pros

There are many photo editing programs out there and I have certainly tried a lot of them. I have to say that PicMonkey is by far my favorite. It is a great program for beginners, or anyone who really hasn't edited photos before. You do not need any previous experience of photo editing to be able to use PicMonkey. I have an online business and I have used PicMonkey to create banners, crop and edit...

Cons

You only get a 7 day trial before you have to commit to purchase. Another con is that you can only upload or download images one at a time. If I am trying to upload multiple photos onto a template, there is no option to choose all 30 at once and I think they should fix this feature.

Great online photo editor that's perfect...almost!

PicMonkey is a great piece of software perfect for most of our photo editing needs. If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative that's easy to use and cost effective...this could be your solution!

Pros

My wife and I were both blogging and found ourselves regularly needed photo editing software to create eye-catching pictures for our blogs. We tried several options but none of them worked well for both of us until we found PicMonkey. The features PicMonkey offers are super robust and allow for a maximum amount of creativity. But best of all, the user interface is simple so that accessing all of its powerful features doesn't require hours of training and repeat use. After we began using it, we realized that it was a great tool for all sorts of photo editing projects, from kid/family pics to Facebook cover photo and Instagram posts. All-in-all, it's a great piece of software and the app gives mobile function that is nearly as powerful as the online browser tool.

Cons

The biggest (and really, only) con to this software is that it's very difficult to work with more than one picture at a time. There were times I really wanted to overlay or compare or crop two different pictures for one project and the PicMonkey interface doesn't really make that possible. For the most part, this wasn't a huge problem for us, though occasionally I had to create one image, save it, then import it as a new image in order to add another layer of creative editing. It's not a huge problem most of the time, but it did come up from time-to-time.

I love PicMonkey

I use PicMonkey for straightforward content pictures to make something emerge pleasantly on a website page or even Facebook. I adore cites and other content on Photos and appreciate playing to make things eye getting... indeed, even only the content itself ,and I use PicMonkey for designing solicitations, declarations, and different printables. Before, if the webpage solidified or I lost web association, I'd lose my work. At the point when the center was presented, that issue was settled and that made PicMonkey my go to for my designing needs.

Pros

I like about PicMonkey that it is anything but difficult to utilize notwithstanding for clients with zero information on photograph altering. You can overlook other expert editors with a gazillion choices that you will never require. PicMonkey has all that you truly requirement for altering your family or expert pictures. It doesn't utilize specialized names in their catches, rather they utilize normal language which I adore.

Cons

I don't care for the way that they used to have a free client record and now they don't. You have 7 days free preliminary and after that you have to get one of their choices or leave. The cost is just justified, despite all the trouble in the event that you intend to utilize it a great deal.

Great Cross-browser Platform for Photo and Image-editing Anytime and Anywhere!

Overall, PicMonkey is still a useful and great tool. For the untrained in graphic arts, it is going to be easy, fast to pick up with given tutorials and tips readily available within PicMonkey. You can work anywhere and anytime on any browser on any OS platforms without having to worry about compatibility issues on software and hardware. It should be a smooth ride!

Pros

Personally, I had used PhotoShop and many other graphic tools. PicMonkey is one of them as well. I do find it a fantastic tool, second to Canva. (other more popular online graphic design tool) It also has got an affordable price point compared to Canva or Snappa. (another less popular graphic editing tool) If you don't want to invest too much on a heavy-duty program like PhotoShop that contains a lot of features, PicMonkey maybe a better alternative for you. It contains a slick and fast user interface to work with. It also has got less functions than PhotoShop, but it is easy to use and master the basics. Moreover, it offers great flexibility in terms of opening up images saving them from various storage media.

Cons

PicMonkey offers only a miserable 7-day trial. I was hoping they would give us a longer trial period. At the least, a 14-day trial will be so much better. Well, freebies always come with constraints, I guess. And also that banner advertisements in the software interface that can distract your attention if you are using a FREE account. I also discovered that there is no upload of custom logos or graphics...

Fantastic Web Based Design Functionality

I loved using PicMonkey when I managed another organization because I could delegate design projects to temporary workers or volunteers and they were able run with it. It is solid program for quick and dirty design projects. It is probably my favorite out of similar type programs.

Pros

Picmonkey is great for creative projects if you want a web based program. I like the functionality of using the browser or app, sharing a company account, syncing projects with colleagues and more. It offers many simple solutions that make using it quick and easy.

Cons

I ultimately left Picmonkey because I needed more robust design functionality so I embraced Adobe Illustrator.

Great photo editing

I used PicMonkey for my business photos. I sold jewelry online so it was imperative my photos were spot on, showed the actual color and texture of the pieces, didn't have shadows or blemishes in the background. I could crop and add text such as sizes or special features. I can enhance a models lip or eye color and add sparkle or a multitude of other features available. Change the exposure, enhance certain colors, make black and white, resize and sharpen images and rotate photos. This software does so much more than I used it for but it certainly covered all the bases when it came to what I needed. And the price is unbeatable when it comes to editing software.

Pros

No download so it can be used without taking up PC space. The vast amount of editing features are great for business and personal use, kids love it too. There really isn't anything I couldn't do of fix. Import photos to make collages, add text, change backgrounds, fix photos or just jazz up an image. It was easy to learn unlike so many of the expensive editor software and the price is great.

Cons

There's limited help although some of the features have tips available as you use them.

Be a professional image editor with picmonkey

Overall picmonkey is simply superb. I like it alot. I can do editing in picmonkey the all day and I never get tired of it. I highly suggest this software to all the people who are interested in image editing work.

Pros

This is an amazing image editor so far I have encountered. Apart from my career photography and editing is one of my passion. Picmonkey made my passion come true. This software is very useful for the youtubers and bloggers who frequently work with pictures and image editing. There is a facility of using free trial for 7 days then you can decide. And also its less costly compared to other image editing softwares. There is base and pro plans for bill payment you can subscribe to one which is convenient. Picmonkey is compatible with mobiles,Android and computers. So you can edint the pictures on the go. And also there is cloud service where you can store the edited pictures.

Cons

There are very few flaws in this software. Specially it glitches when I try to use it in the computer. And also I prefer if we get proper instructions within this software.