Restaurant365 Reviews

4.13/5 (32 reviews)

Caleb Raley

On the way

Reviewed 2019-06-27

We have streamlined our accounting process. It still needs work, but it's much better than using quickbooks online. We use the invoicing, payments, and inventory weekly if not more frequently.

Pros
Ease of use, in depth customization and all of the information that you can need for restaurant management

Cons
Bugs, crashes, faulty features, but that's about it

Robert Madsen

Restaurant365 Review

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Having a cloud based software is the way to go! You get the benefits of accessing the system anytime, anywhere. Our operations team can now access their P&L's and they love it! Being able to drill down into the P&L's and Balance sheet is simple and the analytics in the reports are very useful. Unfortunately we are not able to be POS integrated so we cannot use the software to it's full advantage but from what we get out of it right now it is a step above where we use to be. It's an innovative company that is always looking to better the product and frequently releases new features. Overall a great product and would recommend!

Pros
Pros include - cloud based system, unlimited amount of users, ability to have invoice images attached to invoice entry, bank reconciliations are quick & efficient and rock our socks off, there are multiple reports available that are pre-built and can be customizable, the ability to drill down into P&L's and balance sheets has taken our team to the next level with auditing financial statements.

Cons
Some of the cons we have experienced is that the dev team can't fix issues in a timely manner. We'd like issues resolved quicker but it may take more time than we hope. We wish the search function was a little better. You can search anything but in order to get results you have to know how it was entered into the system.

Michael Nevarez

Review from a Finance Manager

Reviewed 2019-04-01

Our overall experience with the software has been great. It integrates nicely with our other systems, like our POS and invoicing system. We as a company may not be fully utilizing the software and trying to retroactively getting different sections up to date takes a long time, if you have multiple concepts. The system runs slow at times but it is nice to be able to see and analyze all of our financials under one login unlike quickbooks in which you have to switch back and forth between logins to see your different locations.

Pros
I like that it easily integrates with Toast and Aloha POS. It is also very good at breaking down the different financial statements like the profit and loss and balance sheet. If you have multiple locations, it is nice to see everything in a single login and that you don't have to switch back and forth between locations.

Cons
If you don't have a little financial background it may be a little hard to navigate the software. The software is nice and comprehensive but if you come in as a user after everything has already been set up, it is a little hard to understand. I would like the training materials to be a little easier to understand or at least have videos. Sometimes the software can run slow which can be inconvenient if you are trying to do things in a quick manner.

Bruce Nelson

CFO review of Restaurant 365

Reviewed 2019-04-11

One of the best aspects of Restaurant 365 is that the accounting tool allows for custom periods so that P & L statements can be easily compared to budgeted projections. This feature allows our managers to adjust to line item expenses on a daily and weekly basis. Although no new software integration comes without some pain, Restaurant 365 is now permanently ingrained in our culture.

Pros
The accounting and GL is stronger than any other combined analytic and accounting software I have reviewed. The budgeting tool is excellent. I greatly enjoy the ease at which data can be exported to Excel and reimported back into Restaurant 365. Overall, Restaurant 365 has help me train my operation managers to become business managers!

Cons
Does not handle credit card tips paid out in server and bartender paychecks.

Restaurant 365 Review

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Overall, I think Restaurant 365 is great and I wish I had transitioned sooner!

Pros
What I like most about Restaurant 365 is the cloud based functionality and the direct integration with other industry software's (e.g., point of sale system). The financial reporting ability is crucial to my Company and when we transitioned from QuickBooks to Restaurant 365 I saw an immediate return. I appreciate the emphasis that Restaurant 365 puts on continued evolution as a company and as a resource to the industry.

Cons
What I like least about Restaurant 365 is the Ad Hoc reporting - I don't find it to be very intuitive. I also dislike the vendor and customer profiles and the inability to to navigate the transactions section with ease.

Huge Upgrade if Coming from Quickbooks

Reviewed 2019-04-01

I'm a big fan of the system and would recommend it. I hope the company continues to put resources into support as they get more customers and more users and more features. I also hope they don't sell to a larger company. That always spells a reduction in service and quality and I'd actively look to switch if that happened.

Pros
I love that it's cloud based and has unlimited users and allows for uploading of excel CSV files (to replace manual data entry). It's great for multi-unit where Quickbooks can't handle that well.

Cons
The software will sometimes glitch in core functionality when new features are added even though that's not related. Support has been better lately, but struggled to keep up with new clients and new feature development.

John Offerdahl

Potential is not easy to attain

Reviewed 2019-07-06

Good but not as good as expected. Some of its our fault. We have limited resources and we opened an airport location smack dab in the middle of our on-ramp with R365. Help has been good. Their knowledge can be daunting and "over the head" of the R365 neophyte users. Their 1 hour lesson and clock can often time be way to fast. Trianing lessons should have much more interaction and the new user should have quizes to perform in front of their trainer.

Pros
integration of operations and financials. Pushing work load down into grills (AP & Inventory Entries)

Cons
the lack of dependability. When learning, the learner seeks to find solid grounds and dependable actions. R365 has too many issues with not updating in a timely and clean fashion. Maybe its due to R365's cloud-based software, but the inconsistencies drive the new user whacko!

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Tiffany Wallace

Great idea with a few flaws

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
I love the idea of everything this program offers. Their accounting processes, while complicated at first, are very well done and there are a lot of features that make accounting much easier. The ability to tie our POS system into R365 saves us a lot of time on daily reporting.

Cons
They are continually improving the software which leads to a variety of bugs and features that were previously working to have issues. They are usually resolved within a week or two but sometimes that causes a pileup of work waiting to be done.

Cailin Hogan

Not Quite There Yet

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Our overall experience with Restaurant365 has been less than stellar. Adoption and setup took a long time. Support issues are not handled quickly, and there has only been one instance where a support person agreed to speak with me over the phone - they almost always limit communication to emails, which can take longer and is hard to fully explain the problem. I also feel that the system is very inconsistent. We have experienced issues with the entire site being down during our accounting close week, which is very frustrating considering all of our financial reporting and data is housed in this system. I think this software *could* be great but it needs a lot of work and testing to get there.

Pros
I like that 365 gives us the ability to share real-time financial information with the site level teams. They can run an Income Statement for the current period at any time without having to wait for our team at corporate to publish financials.

Cons
There are too many features that aren't available yet or don't quite work as expected. When I use this software I feel like I'm using an unfinished product. For example, the workflow approval for invoices has taken a very long time to release and it still does not always work correctly. Also, we've had issues with units of measure not converting correctly on reports, which was a back-end issue and took weeks for developers to fix. Lastly, we've had many issues with Stock Counts including odd, unexplainable pricing changes and counts that seemed to disappear after a 365 support person "looked into" our issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Richard Pelletier

Really a product still being tested

Reviewed 2019-04-23

Nice people that try to cover the problems with promises rather than solutions.

Pros
If you only listen to what they are selling you, then this is a solid product. On boarding was outstanding and setup was handled well. Nice that it is cloud based. Dashboard took a long time to reflect the correct information. Now it no longer works and we have been told for a month that additional resources are being added to solve the problem. If they could do everything the sales people claim the program will do then it would be a solid solution. Unfortunately, sales and functionality are not in sync.

Cons
Misrepresentations. There were a bunch of features discussed before our decision to transfer our systems from Compeat but have spending multiple hours trying to figure out why many inventory features like PAR's do not work we were finally told that the feature was still being developed. Here are the types of answers from support we are getting after a year "There were some issues discovered that forced us to roll it back with the intention of re releasing it shortly after. It has been deprioritzed since then however I am expecting it to be re released this qtr. I will follow up with our product team to get a more concrete expectation for you. " Or "They are working to correct in a more targeted fashion with additional resources now involved in the project. Regardless, I escalated your inquiry just to make sure all parties are aware of what you are experiencing." No solutions

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Ben Adams

Restaurant 365

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Great experience. I would recommend the software to anyone looking for a quality product.

Pros
Very easy to use, great interface and no problems at all working with the software. Training was quick and new hires caught on quickly.

Cons
I honestly didn’t have any issues with the software. No problems that required a major overhaul software wise. Occasionally I would have problems but typically they were on our end.

Michael Zielinski

OUTSTANDING SYSTEM

Fantastic. Strongly recommend.

Pros
Master Chart of Accounts, Vendors, and Customers. Easy to navigate for inexperienced users. Vendor AP FTP/EDI integration. POS integration. PR Adjustments. Bank integration. Ability to filter and search across all modules. Intercompany transaction automatic entries, cloud based. Constantly evolving.

Cons
Purchased item setup for EDI integrations

Syed Hasan

R365 Review

Reviewed 2019-06-27

Its a very useful product, it helps us as an organization to be able to keep a lot of our transactions in one place. We keep a close watch on our COGS and other important metrics to adjust and improve things.

Pros
As an accountant I really love the fact that I can dive into all the details of a transaction and have the ability to upload documents as a backup to all transactions.

Cons
System updates. Whenever there are system updates being pushed out, the software takes a good week to get itself back to full functionality. And in the process a few other things fall out of place.

Brad Schuchardt

Restaurant 365

Reviewed 2019-07-05

I'm a really big fan of R365 and have enjoyed using it for a number of years. Highly recommended!

Pros
The software is so user friendly and easy to use. The UI experience is fantastic and the automation makes it so much more efficient for the accounting team.

Cons
They are still pretty new so there are bugs and glitches that occur, but the support team is great and they fix right away.

Cary McDowell

Comprehensive....

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
I like that it's a 'one-stop shopping' for my organization. We are able to consolidate old systems into a substantially more focused, contained suite.

Cons
going 'live' with features that were not adequately constructed for our needs. I fell this is somewhat reasonable to expect as early adopters. We learned a lot, as I'm sure r365 did.

Michelle Williams

Good software, but some flaws that need some work

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Pros
Overall this software has a lot of very good features that have saved a lot of time. The automatic inter-company transactions have saved a lot of time, and having an EDI connection with the majority of our vendors saves a ton of invoice processing time. Server issues seem to have evened out, initially had a lot of connection/downtime issues.

Cons
Development time for new features is very slow and buggy. There have been features that were promised to be coming 'very soon' when we first implemented it that are barely out now after almost a year and a half. Reports in the system are wonky and not very customizable, options for categories are overall strange and don't make the most sense. The screens for processing invoices and journal entries is a mess on the eyes and it's not very easy to distinguish when there's multiple people processing/approving invoices. They just now added workflows as a feature but its still lacking from my experience with other softwares. There's barely any communication when there's going to be downtimes from the servers which creates a problem trying to get work done on a regular basis. Things have gotten better over time, and things seem to be more stable performance wise.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Glorian Leach

You are in control

Reviewed 2019-07-11

We are a multi-unit restaurant business. I'm a remote business owner/CFO that can see exactly what is happening on a daily basis from anywhere I am.

Pros
Ease of use, it's integration with our POS/other systems and the fact it has excellent financial control's.

Cons
Nothing - it serves and has served our needs for years

WILLIAM SCHWARTZ

Restaurant365 for Multi Unit Restaurants

Reviewed 2019-04-08

Love it!

Pros
I love that it is online based and can be accessed from anywhere. I also love the tabular set up which looks almost exactly like excel which is how every accountant is already used to using already! To go along with that, it is extremely useful that virtually every report can be exported to excel.

Cons
Sometimes processing times are slower than I would like, but that is part of being a web based software.

Moises Huerta

Great change, easy to use on most plataforms

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Pros
Predeterminate Reports are great, easy acces to information, inventory entry from your phone, easy to change data as ap, items info, masive ap invoice upload, masive journal entries upload, easy uploads formats, quick access from one screen to anotherone

Cons
Bank reconciliations. Hard recipe configuration I do not like that vendor can set up aditional info on the electronic invoices

Louis Cantu

Why to Convert to R365!

Reviewed 2019-04-15

Great way to have the team all add their own invoices per location - Great tool with so many benefits for our company.

Pros
Super user friendly! All the Managers in the company are extremely happy to use!

Cons
Need a better APP for phone! :) Need to have more user friendly app that looks more modern in my opinion!

Brian Borcziak

Great all in one accounting/operations platform

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Pros
The system is very user friendly. It has the ability to eliminate a lot of other "bolt on" software products. The reporting is detailed and accurate, and the feature to have people set up as different roles is crucial.

Cons
There have been a lot of bugs and software/development errors that have impacted us. Customer services is in a different time zone, and is not the fastest to respond or have any sense of urgency.

Proactive development

Reviewed 2019-02-19

Pros
This software with its partnership with Jaspersoft made pivot table functionality really great. The premade reports were useful and specific to restaurants. It was awesome to be able to have an accounting software that just understood what we needed as restaurants.

Cons
The charting and data analysis features were lacking. I wish I could have more intuitive visualizations.

Kevin Healy

Owner

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Accounting product is great sometimes features are released without being “fully baked”

Pros
The accounting product was comprehensive

Cons
Managers log & Scheduling are inferior products. Much better products on the market

Reviewed 2019-04-01

Its been great. Easy to use and straightforward. Wish we had the ERP though..

Pros
Has good integrations with other F&B Tech

Cons
No ERP which is really a bummer. Takes a longer than needed to update reports. With ERP, reports would auto-update.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kerri Lonergan-Dreke

Product has become wildly unreliable

Reviewed 2019-08-30

Stay away from R365 in the short term!! Hopefully, they will utilize the millions in private equity funding they've received in the last year to drastically improve development. The ineptitude of the current development team is appalling. If I was an owner in R365, I would be embarrassed by what has taken place with this company.

Pros
General ease of use, cross functionality between accounting, restaurant opps, inventory + recipe costing.

Cons
The product is unreliable. We keep experiencing the same bugs, only to have them return after a system update. Support has become increasingly detached and slow to respond. Another serious deficiency is a lack of an audit trail function to track changes within the system or accounting transactions.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10