Octopus CRM Logo

Octopus CRM

Lead generation and management software

Octopus CRM Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

Reviews by rating

Also, they have a great customer support team, always ready to give a hand. Very nice people always over-delivering, they are great and this makes Octopus CRM even better.
The ability to be able to engage more with the prospects by being able to insert things like their title, company and even endorse their skills.
I love how the interface acts as a CRM and stores who you've sent messages to and what the message says. It helps out tremendously with my outreach and automating repetitive tasks.
That is a huge problem because it really restricts the personalization you can do. No inbox feature: To get back to replies you have to go into LinkedIn.
Hugely frustrated that the only support option is via email with a 4-6 hour turnaround time. This is expecially annoying when you have to go back and forth multiple times to get the answer you need.
The customer experience was awful when I finally needed something.

Rick H.

Director of Sales

Occasionally something too good to be true actually is real

Transcript

Rick H.: Hi, my name is Rick. I'm the director of sales for a digital marketing agency, and I give Octopus...

James R.

Director of Demand Generation

A whole lot of bang for your buck

Transcript

James R.: My name is James. I'm a digital marketing manager. I grade Octopus CRM two out of five stars....

Nathan I.

Publishing, self-employed

Excellent Solution for Expanding Your LinkedIn Network

Octopus CRM has helped me expand my network of like-minded and backgrounded entrepreneurs, many of whom I have connected with offline and am now actively working with.

Pros

Funnel feature that automatically moves individuals from one interaction to another is key for my continued engagement with connections on LinkedIn.

Cons

I would like to see a feature where Octopus CRM invites connections to 'follow' my company page automatically (can click a follow link from the message) rather than the two step process that must be gone through where I send a message and the recipient has to go to my company page and then click the follow button.

TO

Toufik O.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Octopus the best afordable CRM

Mass mailing with personalization of emails

Pros

integration with Sales navigator and Discovering org

Cons

Could be nice to have a kind of an easy transfer and duplication mode from our old CRM

CS

Christoph S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Cheap alternative to better solutions

Pros

- Eays to use: The product is easy to use and you can get connections fairly easy. - Cloud based: It is secure because it is cloud-based

Cons

- Import restrictions: You are not able to import more than 1.000 contacts at once. - No additional customization: There is no way for you to use custom tags in the connection request, only the predefined ones. That is a huge problem because it really restricts the personalization you can do - No inbox feature: To get back to replies you have to go into LinkedIn. An the LinkedIn inbox sucks.

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Very Good

Excellent! The best.

Pros

Much easier & Simpler than LinkedIn Helper.

Cons

Compaigns can only send message, not attachment or pictures. Compaigns management is not very idea.

Patrik S.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Saves me time

Very positiv!

Pros

The fact that it can help me do tasks (sending personalized invitations) automatically so that I can do other productive tasks.

Cons

It´s a bit tricky to set up flows, I would like to set up a flow that first sends invitations, the waits a couple of days, then sends a message and so on...

Octopus CRM Review

Overall its wonderful experience managing business with the CRM/Software. I definitely recommend it for my friends and contacts.

Pros

Contacts/ Customers love to get personalized messages, they love their endorsement follow up messages.

Cons

Little bit problematic in managing contact while emailing and sending other communication

James R.

A whole lot of bang for your buck

Overwhelmingly positive. The amount of time and stress that it saves me is so worth it!

Pros

Octopus saves me so much time and hassle. It does it job and has taken care of some of the boring, mundane parts of my workload every day. It’s a powerful tool that you’d think would be way expensive but is really affordable!

Cons

It can be a little overwhelming at the beginning as you’re setting things up, but they have really good support videos to help guide you through.

Geoff C.

Octopus CRM A big plus for growing Linkedin

My overall experience with Octopus CRM has been awesome. I will continue to use it.

Pros

I like the CRM feature and my ability to pick the contacts that I want to interact with. It is also very simple to use.

Cons

Sometimes I forget the process to execute software. There should be something in the program that steers you in the right direction without having to watch a tutorial.

Alex B.

Saved Me Hours

Honestly what sold me was the customer service I received when on my free trial, they even extended the trial when I couldn't use it because I COULD NOT get it to work. Which was great.

Pros

This software took my manual process and allowed me to triple my productivity in about 1/4 of the time. East to generate leads using this software.

Cons

It had a bit of a learning curve to get used to but once you got it, it was great.

Nicholas M.

Work smarter not harder

Pros

Having never really used a CRM before, I decided upon Hubspot simply because so many people swear by it. The integration google eco-system and linked in is very straight forward. It really has made life for me much, much easier.

Cons

To date, I don't have any complaints about any aspect of the software.

JP

Jonathan P.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent capabilities for the price

Once I watched the training videos and played around a little I quickly mastered this system. Great experience. Highly recommend for the busy professional who wants to streamline their LinkedIn efforts.

Pros

Absolutely excellent at what it does. Saving search results and queuing for future connection campaigns, customized/dynamic messaging, visit management and even exporting contact data. All the features most of us want for a fraction of the price.

Cons

Setting up funnels and understanding how contacts are moved/forwarded through each step took a few tries to really understand. I’d like to see a little more control over this process. I can’t seem to separate any connection requests that were ignored and this would be nice for follow up (it may exist and I just don’t know how to use it yet). A HUGE improvement could be made with some logic operators for messaging. Such as IF <contact> HAS <volunteer/charity> INSERT <dynamic text with name of charity>. Result =. <message text> + “it’s so cool that you support <charity organization>, I love their mission” Many other applications for basic logic and expanded dynamic field insertion.

RH

Rick H.

Occasionally something too good to be true actually is real

Great value. Best benefit/$$ of any app I use. If you need a LinkedIn prospecting/communication tool just try it. The free trial is full featured.

Pros

This is going to look like a shill. All five stars and 10/10 recommendations but this app is great. It’s 1/5 the cost of competitive products I evaluated and it had a free trial so I dove in. Everything works as promised. I particularly like the export capabilities. It’s way easier to get prospect info out of Octopus than LinkedIn. #1 tool in my prospecting toolbox

Cons

The only con is their support is in Europe (Poland?) so for North American users there is a bit of a delay if you have questions. However their videos are excellent and plentiful so it’s unlikely you will ever need help.

Pv

Pablo v.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Octopus does what they promesss

I was looking for an affordable and simple way to mass prospecting Linkedin. Octopus is a very good short-term option. It is not precisely a CRM, but it helps a lot to keep track of your prospecting efforts.

Pros

Octopus meets the expectations of what they offer: automatize four things when prospecting Linkedin: Connect, Message, Visit and Endorse. It really simple, no training needed, in few minutes one can start prospecting.

Cons

Limited flexibility to edit pipelines and prospects labeling

JV

Jenna V.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

If you need to make connections in a new field, this is the way

I have really enjoyed the program and wish I had learned about this years ago when I was starting out in the sales world.

Pros

I liked the fact that you could quickly and easily identify your targets then send them personalized messages with merged fields.

Cons

I wish you could merger more of the info into the messaging and the drip emails were easier to set up. I would also like to be able to download all of the data from one place to review.

MB

Miguel B.

Octopus CRM Review

Pros

I loved how easy it was to import profiles and connect with people. I have not had one problem using this software nor any negative effects on my LinkedIn profile. With other softwares, I have had problems on my account. I also love being able to create campaigns that you can set up to connect, message, and follow up with people!

Cons

There wasn't anything I didn't like about using the software!

RR

Robert R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Very reasonably priced and easy to use

I have been extremely happy since day one, I think it's very reasonably+ priced and super easy to use.

Pros

I really like how I can create a funnel for multiple touches with potentially new clients.

Cons

I wish there was a bulk removal of older still pending connection invites so I wouldn't have to remove them one by one.

DP

Damian P.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Taking outbound sales lead gen into our own hands

really excellent! Went from outsourcing our lead gen to 3rd party companies with very underwhelming results . We now have a solid sales pipeline which we built ourselves with using octopus

Pros

- Super easy to use in collaboration with linkedin sales nav. - Really easy to organise and maintain solid sales pipelines - Great way to find new target industries - Super easy to manage team performance - Great development model (new tools all the time) - Customer support team very responsive

Cons

Was a little clunky when i started using it but now the process is much more streamlined Would like to be able to view my dashboard/ organise other campaigns while one is working

JR

Jennie R.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

A Time Saver!!

As a recruiter, Octopus has streamlined the way I contact prospects. I used to spend all day looking at profiles and connecting and would have to maintain lists of people I wanted to talk to then wait for their connection acceptance to send a message. With Octopus I can send out connections to the filtered group of people of my choosing, Octopus adds them to a separate message list once we've connected and I can message hundreds with the click of one button. This has saved me so much time!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Octopus. There are plenty of tutorial videos that make it easy to understand how to properly use the software. Very user friendly.

Cons

I wish there was more information about the dashboard page and the statistics shown there. I see the bar graph, but wonder what each value is and how I can improve my numbers.

dm

davy m.

E-Learning, self-employed

My Review for Octopus CRM

This software allows me to be closer to my prospects and convert them more easily into customers.

Pros

what I like most is its simplicity and efficiency (I offer online training and have made sales through it)

Cons

I can't say there's anything I don't like. I think the software is very well done. Please keep it simple !

HQ

Hanzllah Q.

CRM Review

my overall experience have been good when it comes to using this CRM.

Pros

I like the funnel building and how easy things go into place.

Cons

I wish the following up feature was a bit better. For example, create a full amount of followup sequence for just 1 piticular person.

KS

Kenneth S.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

next gen linked in outreach

Pros

it is so easy to create a multiple message response based on if someone responds or not and view stats that no other app has, very well done

Cons

the download needs to be like a matrix, so that I an download all times and campaigns and days, and Its all there

NS

Nykki S.

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

Build your Brand

My personal network has grown by 30%. My audience is seeing my posts, messages, and I have 2 new prospects per week as a direct result of using Octopus CRM daily.

Pros

Octopus CRM is easy to use and automated to capture target prospects. I can invite LinkedIn users to connect, message them to meet, endorse them to build rapport, and expand my audience within my network.

Cons

I wish that the service team could speak with me when I have questions. The email responses are prompt, but not as dynamic for helping me. I haven't been able to fully use the software and I'd like to.

DO

Daryl O.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Makes automating your outreach easier

It's helped me spend more time interacting with prospects instead of finding them and connecting.

Pros

The built-in protection for your account and the reporting. The time savings are HUGE though.

Cons

Transferring between campaigns is not difficult but not obvious at first. It works flawlessly though.

RT

Ryan T.

Financial Services, self-employed

Gamechanger

I love it. I will be hiring an assistant soon, and will easily be able to train them how to use this software.

Pros

I absolutely love this software. It has turned 20 hours of work marketing per week into 2, allowing me to focus on so many other things. It is intuitive, organized, and very affordable. It pays for itself 100 times over every month, as I can save time and reach out to so many more people very efficiently.

Cons

So far, I haven't seen anything major that I dislike. If I could recommend an improvement, I would like to see it be a little more obvious how campaigns are linked so you know you have the right workflow.

KO

Karl O.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Great Tool

Great tool, fast customer service, well priced

Pros

Great tool for building and executing sales funnels within LinkedIn

Cons

Very little wrong, some small errors when importing LI searches but after speaking with their customer service i got this resolved