Xactly Incent Logo

Xactly Incent

Build better comp plans to drive better performance

Xactly Incent Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.68/10

Reviews by rating

It has also increased accuracy and transparancy of the commissions and sales. It has a great analysis tool and reporting The customer service is awesome as well.
My experience has improved greatly now that I have a better understanding in terms of the functions that are used by my company.
It is confusing, Many different categories that can be difficult to see specifically what has been earned.
Insufficient dispute platform, currently not more than a mailbox.
Data never up-to-date for current month (i know this is on the data entry side more than the xactly product). Poor UI for estimating future commissions.

David M.

Sr. Compensation Analyst

Biotechnology, 1,001-5,000 employees

Xactly - a Worthwhile investment

Transcript

David M.: My name is David. I'm a senior sales compensation analyst. I give Xactly a five out of five....

Yonatan W.

Head of Sales

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

it does what it says on the tin but no improvement have been implemented for years

Transcript

Jonathan: Hey, my name is Jonathan, I work in the software industry as a sales executive, and I'm giving...

Katherine H.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Growing Company Requiring Automation, Xactly Meets Requirements!

Pros

Great tool overall. For a company that was about 200 sales reps along with SEs, CSMs, CAMs...to generate plan documents for, this tool was a game changer as it was much more automated compared to the excel files we had to send out and receive back in email after approval. Automation was key to any vendors we were reviewing as we were a start up that was quickly growing. eXactly met these requirements amongst others.

Cons

While very flexible, there are times where it didnt accommodate various SPIFF programs which was no biggy as these programs only run for month or quarter at most which we were able to manually process.

KP

Kauvshika P.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Xactly Commission Tool

I do like my experience working with Xactly. The support team do not understand my inquire that is the issue, I think its best if they pick up the phone and call us with issues that we are having with using the Xactly. This would help resolve the issue faster than waiting for a week to get issue resolved.

Pros

I use this tool everyday for adjustment in Xactly for my job. Its easy to understand and I like the feature of download to see the detail. The orders/orders tab I use everyday and I like the fact I understand the breakdown of credits and commissions.

Cons

I don't like how the error message does not explain the reason to why certain tool didn't work when we are done uploading our order. At times uploading the payment doesn't show on the incentive for the rep statement. I had that issue couple of times where I do a upload of payment and the message said it went through but when checking on reps statement its not displayed.

HH

Hanna H.

Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 employees

Incentives for sales reps work ok, but the administration side could be improved

Pros

1) Incent is visually well structured 2) Basics are included and straight forward, so administration od the basic functions is not difficult (a lot also depends on the consultant and the configuration)

Cons

1) Building reports with Analytics is difficult (very long lists of similar fields to choose from; Putting on filters and aggregating is not straight forward etc); 2) You need to wait for data to refresh in analytics at least two hours; 3) Commission plan functions should be improved (at least 3 issued by our team this year about it - workflows; viewing and approving) 4) The manual included in Help could be more detailed/clearer (e.x. answer about how draws behave when a rep is changing position is confusing to me) 5) I think there Xactly has potential - it feels like there are more functionalities to utilize, but we're not aware of their existence (that was my impression after a call with Xactly reps) 6) Xactly can be slow at times 7) Standard draws section is very limited

RW

Robert W.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

This is Xactly what we needed for Sales Compensation

Xactly is a complex system that gives users the ability to simplify their End to End Sales Compensation processes. I've used the system across two very different companies over the past 5 years. I was involved with multiple implementations and integrations and feel that Xactly was a great solution for the majority of the problems we faced on a day to day basis. Once I took some classes and got plenty...

Pros

The software is very robust and can handle a lot. It also has very user friendly user interfaces for the sales team.

Cons

It lacks consistency in usability across the platform, but they are working on this in their regular enhancements.

LK

Luke K.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Xactly Incent Review

Overall the experience is been pretty good. All the customer success managers have been attentive and really seem to want to know our needs as well as wanting to make Xactly as easy to use as possible.

Pros

I love the fact that this product can retain years of data so a user/admin can go into any particular year/month and look up commission payouts, clawbacks, adjustments, etc. This is such a nice feature that I don't have to store any of that information on my computer.

Cons

Lack of tech response. There have been a few times where we were in a time crunch for tech support and we never received it in time. A specific example of this... A new admin accidentally uploaded several hundred batches into the system (Why is there a mass upload function, but not a mass delete function for this?) and we reached out to tech support to remove them all, but we didn't hear from them in time before the pay period needed to be closed so we spent 20+ man hours manually deleting them one by one.

Computer Networking, 10,001+ employees

XACTLY!

Pros

Commissions are not being done in Excel, which is great. I mean computing commissions, bonuses, and credits in Excel is a nightmare. Incent has really helped us with this process (even though we are currently doing a lot of things manually). There's one centralized place for all of our results.

Cons

The user interface is a little outdated. It doesn't look as modern as most websites. There are features that are not available compared to their competitors. Incent is not as linear as I would like. For instance, setting up users, people, title, position, hierarchy, named relationships are not all in the same tab. Plan Design can be said the same. You have to really toggle around the application to see where everything is at.

Rachid a.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Pros

Super easy platform to navigate in. Keep up the good work

Cons

Loading time is not that fast, also diagrams could be more visible.

James M.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Automate your Sales Compensation Process with Xactly

With less than 10 sales reps to pay, Xactly express was a great fit for our company. The product has allowed us to add in layers of complexity to the compensation plan that were not possible or practical to calculate with excel. Additionally the support team is awesome! The upfront implementation fee was more than justified with the support rep dedicated to our organization. We got the plan configured...

Pros

We have completely automated the process that used to take hours to complete each month manually.

Cons

We use Xactly Express as a native Force.com app. This is a negative because we have to duplicate each transaction record in the standard Salesforce.com table and in a seperate Xactly table. We have had to purchase additional data storage from SFDC.

Nathan D.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Xactly Software

Pros

Xactly allows you to streamline your monthly commissions process. It also allows your sales individuals to easily track their sales and commissions.

Cons

At times the software is confusing to use. It is difficult to diagnose why the software is not calculating commissions.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great tool for a small to medium sized business

Our company has been using Xactly Express for about a year. Express integrates fully with salesforce.com and it is great that our reps have the ability to view their commission statements in real-time without relying on excel spreadsheets. Express has worked very well for our small sales team (approx. 100 users on 4 different plans) and has drastically improved the commission process. The team is excellent to work with and went above and beyond for us during implementation. The product may not be ideal for a rapidly growing company, or a company that frequently makes "exceptions" for the sales team and deviates from the standard commission plans. While manual adjustments to commissions can be made, the process is somewhat daunting. Overall, I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

Fully integrates with Salesforce.com, eliminates the margin for human error, real-time reporting, easy to manage users and plans, much quicker than manually calculating commissions.

Cons

Page load times can be long and system sometimes errors out when calculating.

EC

Elizabeth C.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Highly configurable Easy to use

I have been able to automate most of our manual processes. It frees up my time to do more high level things. The ease of use and the ability to see their data in real time is motivating for them. It helps them spend more time selling and less time worrying about their commissions.

Pros

This is easy to configure. I haven’t found a plan yet I couldn’t build. It is mostly intuitive and it is a great resource for the sales team. They like having a real time view of their commissions. Analytics reports provide what the system doesn’t so I am able to build custom reports for the various teams where they can pull on demand current reporting. I have configured and used other systems and this is by far the easiest.

Cons

I would like to see the analytics reporting updated and easier to use.

PA

Parneet A.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Incent Review

It is certainly so much better than when I started with it back in 2014.

Pros

I have worked on this product in two different companies. It has gotten better in functionality especially with reporting and analytics. I like how we can customize our commission exception rules especially in this group where I see a lot of one offs. We are using look up tables to customize the payout rates.

Cons

I wish we could have a reporting cloud kind of thing where we could bring in any object, any field and run an adhoc report or analysis. I am right now limited to the objects I can use in one report.

IT

Irina T.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 employees

Xactly Incent 2012

Overall experience is great. It is great product great company and great people. You want be left along with your solution.

Pros

Xactly Incent is an automation solution for Sales compensation and way to get rid of old school excel sheets.

Cons

Realistically there is nothing to dislike Xactly Incent .

PC

Phil C.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Very powerful and flexible compensation tool, but implementation dragged on for us

Great historical source for commission/quota attainment data, which allows to make business decisions moving forward. From an administrative perspective, the tool can scale to support hundreds and thousands of users, with an accurate view into commissions paid.

Pros

Xactly Incent is a very powerful and flexible compensation tool and will be able to scale with us as our business grows and if set up and administered properly, could easily support thousands of users.

Cons

The implementation was much longer and harder than expected - we missed our deadline and were scrambling at the end of the year to get everything working properly. Also, DELTA (for loading orders) is very inflexible and we will likely be looking to switch to Connect in the future.

AM

Adam M.

Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 employees

Xactly has been transformative for our incentive compensation management!

Increase commission payment accuracy, decreased processing time, better insights into compensation management

Pros

Xactly has enabled us to reduce commission processing time AND decrease the number of errors. The sales users not only love the increased confidence in their payments, but they also love Xactly's easy to use interface!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to learn the software as an administrator, but once you have mastered Xactly the incentive compensation management possibilities are endless.

SV

Stacey V.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good Product

Overall, it has been good. There is a learning curve with this software but once you take all the classes and learn that, it is pretty easy going. It has been nice to have one system for comp and eliminate human error when calculating via excel sheets.

Pros

Being able to calculate and house all compensation (variable comp, comp plans) in one system

Cons

Responce time - when you need to open a support ticket it can take 24-72 hours to get an answer back.

AL

Al L.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great Software for Sales Crediting

I was on the sales operations team for two years and had to use the software to update our sales crediting logic. It was helpful in that. However, I felt we as an organization could have done more with what Xactly offers we just didn't want to pay for it.

Pros

This is software meets the needs of the complex way we credit our sales teams by product, geography, type of customer, etc.

Cons

Sometimes I feel there is too much manual manipulation required to update master data.

AS

Alyssa S.

Security and Investigations, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great solution for commissions

Pros

Xactly provides us reporting we need as well as capitalizing commissions for us. We have all of our people on commissions plans in Xactly. By using Xactly we were able to get rid of any manual calculations that needed to be done in Excel.

Cons

It's not as customizable in some areas as we would like. Some of our end users find it hard to follow and read.

TM

Tom M.

It has potential but frustrating at times

Pros

Has potential and is outward facing. Tight link to SFDC and can take Sales Teams away from tracking incentives on their own. Tons of functionality and value can be seen when deploying the SW.

Cons

Reporting (Analytics) is just not easy to use. Can't always pull information you need. Setting up users is rather cumbersome. Might be our set up but loading data isn't easy and when you get errors, there is not real help as to why it won't accept the record. Tracking our held commissions is a chore and need to do this outside the system. Having to recall documents you've sent out if you need to send a corrected one -- should be able to change while in process as long as not approved.

DL

David L.

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Has helped us tidy our commission process

More efficient way to track commissions and perform our close. Helps everyone have visibility

Pros

It does exactly what we ask it to do. Sales team has good visibility and allows us to close our months more efficiently

Cons

Some reporting functions are difficult to customize and navigate. For example, we can't run YTD reports from Incent. There are also some inconsistencies with layout

LB

Lito B.

Best Support ever

Pros

As a non system admin it is simple enough to do minor tweaks to the plan. Some major tweaks with the help of support.

Cons

Versioning of some of the the feature used to be but I am discovering there has been some changes so it no longer applies. I would have to say some of the upload templates are not that straight forward. Had to figure the fields.

AL

Asta L.

Market Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

I am very happy with Xactly

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team are always on top of any problems and work till they are fixed.

Pros

The system runs smoothly, and the numbers are calculated correctly after your plans are set up.

Cons

Any problems that arise are fixed by the wonderful teams that are there to help you.

SS

Sherri S.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 5,001-10,000 employees

Xactly Incent-FLS

Pros

The layout and visibility of the screens.

Cons

It's kind of difficult initially until you learn how it functions. Some features can be simplified if the type of software being used will allow.

MG

Marcel G.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees

Incent

Overall has been good. Challenges with support but is moving in the right direction.

Pros

Visibility to our user group & ease of use.

Cons

Configuration issues with the Xactly team.

SR

Sonya R.

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Xactly Incent Administrator

Exactly is a great tool to work with. It is very user friendly and can be taught easily

Pros

It is super user friendly. It is easy to teach people to use.

Cons

Not able to copy/paste tiers. Have to do them one by one.