Xactly Incent Reviews

Xactly Incent

Inspire Performance

4.17/5 (229 reviews)

Pros
  • It took a little while to get all our ducks in order so that we had good data to put in. Now that we do have clean data, we have saved countless hours of processing time.James A.Read the full review
  • The support team has always been very helpful and my customer success rep has been a key player in the success of my system.Robert W.Read the full review
  • It doe have its challenges. The end users like the ability to see their progress.Jill B.Read the full review
Cons
  • At times the software is confusing to use. It is difficult to diagnose why the software is not calculating commissions.Nathan D.Read the full review
  • The only thing that I dislike is the fact that I wasn’t using it sooner.James A.Read the full review
  • With a lot of brain power you can get the info you need, but it's a painful process that requires a lot of concentration.Lindsey S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Prashant Gupta

Amazing Tool!

Reviewed 2019-06-07

I am working on Xactly Incent for over four years now. We use Incent for calculating commissions for over 1500 people along with using Analytics for reports. The tool is used by the commissions operations team. The system offers a lot of customization, which helps us to design the most complicated commission plans at ease and calculate commissions accordingly.

Pros
Xactly is a great tool to work with along with the customization it offers in terms of designing the plans. It offers lot of details to the sales reps in terms of their respective credits for each deal under each month i.e. there is lot of transparency. Prior Period Adjustment (PPA) is a great addition to the system. Xactly Analytics is a great reporting tool.

Cons
At the start of the year, the system requires a kind of fresh set up, which takes quite amount of time. While I am writing Rules, I need to create a new Order Type or Credit Type, I cannot create it from the Rules page. Instead I have to go to the specific page to create these Order or Credit Type and then return to the Rules page to write the Rule. More customization on the Incentive Statements will be a great addition.

Padmaja Tallavajhala Chavali

Xactly is a great tool!!!

Reviewed 2018-02-21

Ease of automating and reduction of manual calculations of commissions.

Pros
Pros: 1. Ability to automate data transfers from your ERP/CRM systems to Incent and data validations/calculations using DELTA without the use of manual uploads using the Excel Uploads. I recently moved from one company to another and my goal is to leverage the use of DELTA for this purpose. It gives you your nights back! 2. Organizational setup is pretty easy to upload and it is even more wonderful if there is a data-integrations between Incent and your HR data repository. 3. Xactly Support are very responsive and they can be knowledgeable based on their years of support of the product. 4. Data transparency to the numbers (Earned Vs. Paid) results in faster responses from the sales team to their numbers. 5. Once you get the plans figured out, it works wonders. 6. Their new App for iPad can be a good sell provided the data model for the business is built universally for the whole sales force team.

Cons
Cons: 1. Analytics: A non-intuitive tool for regular users and need a solid understanding of your data in order to build reports that can be used by administrators and sales representatives. 2. System works well with simpler plans with fewer variables. Complex plans with multiple components can drag the system and make it tricky. 3. Development of Plan Design configurations works well, but at times, due to the design of the tool, it does not fully translate the language of your code to the language of the rule development. You have to be creative to be able to think of other ways to accomplish.

Swapnil Deshpande

Xactly is best software for Commission calculation but some process are really hard to digest

Reviewed 2019-12-19

Xactly incent is nice and well-designed tool for commissions calculations.

Pros
1)Starting from User till Quota management it is too good, and does awesome job. 2)Calculation process in dependent on many factors and Xactlty supports most of them today. 3)Analytics is very good which gives clear picture of overall performance. 4)This nov-19 xactly provided free certification which I really appretiate.

Cons
1) I can not do some repetitive task in bulk, which I really do not like about this software, for e.g. i. Initial Quota creation ii.Record deletion (Quota of User, Formulas, Credit and Commission rule) 2) Incentive statements are configuration is allowed up to the extent only, but for specific needs, I cannot do that in Default statement. For e.g. If I want to change the Credit type Lable name in one of the incentive statement it does not allow and it updated all the incentive statements where the same Credit Type is used. 3)Deal by Deal commission setup is hard if we try to do it on own, always need PS team help in that. 4)Also some uploads required .CSV and some .xls file format which is really not good, always need to change the format once the files are prepared.

Donna McAvoy

Xactly Better than Yesterday but still needs to keep getting better

Reviewed 2020-01-03

There are things that Xactly does well and once built work very well and that makes the experience pleasurable. Xactly has a nice appearance and once we educate our sales members it is easier for them to follow. It is not intuitive and needs to be explained. Reporting is a challenge for the administrators as well as the Users.

Pros
I think that Xactly has a great look and for the standard commission practices it does well, it is highly valuable.

Cons
A few points for Xactly would be that Xactly still struggles with plan changes or multiple plan changes for an individual sales member and then struggles to manage YTD commissions for folks who have had a few plans. We struggle with gates in Xactly and since commissions are fluid, Xactly needs to be better at looking at YTD as well as monthly and quarterly for these changed folks. Xactly Analytics is a challenge because although it is part of the package, if all my commission data is in Incent, it should be easier to report off of it and it is not. You have to build logic in Analytics to get data that you can see so you end up pulling raw data from Incent and manually creating your reports which makes Analytics less valuable. Difficult logic is something that takes too much time sometimes to work through with external support. There is also no commission rate reporting. As sales cares what rates they get paid at, it is important to be able to track this and like other things, we have to do this manually. Sales looking for YTD data is a challenge because you have to download from Incent month by month. There should be this option for sales as well.

Cheryl Simpson

Xactly Incent, Analytics, Modeling are the products that we use.

Reviewed 2020-01-02

We are paying over 350 employees with Incent, with varying levels of overlay coverage. System is calculating the payout in 13 different currencies. I can't imagine trying to calculate our complex structure using Excel. I have not used another commission software to compare to.

Pros
This software is very flexible in that we can set up plans in different ways, i.e. direct reporting or Named Relationships. If we do find an error in the payout, it is because we did not have the employee configured correctly. It is very consistent, reliable. Happy to see that we can now version the quota and rate table records.

Cons
Incent, it does take some time to set up an employee. Anayltics is not that user friendly. You have to really know what fields can be pulled together to make the report and then know how to combine the reports. Modeling takes some work to get the desired info. We are till trying to figure it out.

Kauvshika Patel

Xactly Commission Tool

Reviewed 2019-12-14

I do like my experience working with Xactly. The support team do not understand my inquire that is the issue, I think its best if they pick up the phone and call us with issues that we are having with using the Xactly. This would help resolve the issue faster than waiting for a week to get issue resolved.

Pros
I use this tool everyday for adjustment in Xactly for my job. Its easy to understand and I like the feature of download to see the detail. The orders/orders tab I use everyday and I like the fact I understand the breakdown of credits and commissions.

Cons
I don't like how the error message does not explain the reason to why certain tool didn't work when we are done uploading our order. At times uploading the payment doesn't show on the incentive for the rep statement. I had that issue couple of times where I do a upload of payment and the message said it went through but when checking on reps statement its not displayed.

Ayush Saurav

Xactly - The tool which can be handy for day-to-day SPM handling and reporting.

Reviewed 2019-12-13

Xactly is among the leading players in the world market for their ease in Incentive Compensation Implementation and reporting. It reduces the time and effort for both the comp administrator and the users with a very minimal but elaborative reporting features. While working with Xactly for the past few years, it has significantly improved its user experience along with the effort required to implement the plans into the system. If you are currently managing your sales incentives via the primitive methods (i.e. excel and other software), you should definitely switch too Xactly to save time and money.

Pros
1.) Intuitive Software to deal with the complex of situations 2.) Easy to maintain interface 3.) Value for money if you have a large sales force 4.) Clear insights to sales reps for their sales and payouts 5.) Ver handy mobile application saving lots of time

Cons
1.) Use of flash for some of the internal functions which are being updated in 2020 2.) Server response a bit slow

Luke Kimbrough

Xactly Incent Review

Reviewed 2019-12-26

Overall the experience is been pretty good. All the customer success managers have been attentive and really seem to want to know our needs as well as wanting to make Xactly as easy to use as possible.

Pros
I love the fact that this product can retain years of data so a user/admin can go into any particular year/month and look up commission payouts, clawbacks, adjustments, etc. This is such a nice feature that I don't have to store any of that information on my computer.

Cons
Lack of tech response. There have been a few times where we were in a time crunch for tech support and we never received it in time. A specific example of this... A new admin accidentally uploaded several hundred batches into the system (Why is there a mass upload function, but not a mass delete function for this?) and we reached out to tech support to remove them all, but we didn't hear from them in time before the pay period needed to be closed so we spent 20+ man hours manually deleting them one by one.

Rachid assas

Reviewed 2019-12-18

Pros
Super easy platform to navigate in. Keep up the good work

Cons
Loading time is not that fast, also diagrams could be more visible.

Anonymous

XACTLY!

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Pros
Commissions are not being done in Excel, which is great. I mean computing commissions, bonuses, and credits in Excel is a nightmare. Incent has really helped us with this process (even though we are currently doing a lot of things manually). There's one centralized place for all of our results.

Cons
The user interface is a little outdated. It doesn't look as modern as most websites. There are features that are not available compared to their competitors. Incent is not as linear as I would like. For instance, setting up users, people, title, position, hierarchy, named relationships are not all in the same tab. Plan Design can be said the same. You have to really toggle around the application to see where everything is at.

Prashant Gupta

Xactly Incent - Great Tool for Commissions

Reviewed 2018-02-20

We use Incent to calculate commissions for around 1500 employees on a monthly/quarterly basis. And these 1500 employees are assigned to different plans. My role is to design all the plans in Incent and process all the data/files to calculate both credits and commissions.

Pros
I am working on Incent for almost three years now. Incent is a nice tool for commission calculation. The system provides complete functionality - from credits to commissions to draws, and then running reports/analytics. It offers lot of functions and customization's required to design complicated commission plans and calculate commissions. Plus the new changes that the team brings are really good and makes the product more usable & friendly.

Cons
Incent Enterprise offers lot of functionality to support commissions. However, it does lack some basic functions. For example, ENTER key does not works in most of the cases; system requires to hit the ENTER/SEARCH button on the page itself. The Incentive Statements does not gets updated immediately after the files are processed; wait time of 15 minutes is there. Similarly, Analytics refresh starts only after every 2 hours (even hours), which is quite a long wait.

jenifer sereno

Xactly commission siftware

Reviewed 2019-01-27

Overall experience is positive. Our workload has been cut down considerably and end users are happy with the info and level of detail they receive regarding their commissions.

Pros
Xactly software has brought us out of the stone ages in regards to commissions. What was once an excel spreadsheet is now a powerful too where end users can view their daily sales and commissions at will any time of day or night. Xactly is versatile and allows for connection to your ERP system or upload of data via excel sheets. Configuration to your specific compensation plan can be done by a team of their highly skilled consultants or your own in-house IT team. We have a fairly complicated comp plan and their consultant had us up and running in a matter of weeks.

Cons
Not a huge fan of their queue customer support system. Based on the west coast, the timing of their reponse to an east coast user is limited and most often cuts over into the next day. Would like to speak to a live person as opposed to an email queue.

Robert Walters

This is Xactly what we needed for Sales Compensation

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Xactly is a complex system that gives users the ability to simplify their End to End Sales Compensation processes. I've used the system across two very different companies over the past 5 years. I was involved with multiple implementations and integrations and feel that Xactly was a great solution for the majority of the problems we faced on a day to day basis. Once I took some classes and got plenty of experience using the tool, I can say that I understand how everything should work and am able to create many solutions to the ever changing requirements that my company faces. The support team has always been very helpful and my customer success rep has been a key player in the success of my system. He is always able to help me find the information I am looking for and constantly supports my everchanging requirements for understanding and utilizing the system.

Pros
The software is very robust and can handle a lot. It also has very user friendly user interfaces for the sales team.

Cons
It lacks consistency in usability across the platform, but they are working on this in their regular enhancements.

Elizabeth Chandler

Highly configurable Easy to use

Reviewed 2019-12-13

I have been able to automate most of our manual processes. It frees up my time to do more high level things. The ease of use and the ability to see their data in real time is motivating for them. It helps them spend more time selling and less time worrying about their commissions.

Pros
This is easy to configure. I haven’t found a plan yet I couldn’t build. It is mostly intuitive and it is a great resource for the sales team. They like having a real time view of their commissions. Analytics reports provide what the system doesn’t so I am able to build custom reports for the various teams where they can pull on demand current reporting. I have configured and used other systems and this is by far the easiest.

Cons
I would like to see the analytics reporting updated and easier to use.

Andrew Lin

Sales Commission Systems Analysis and Implementation

Reviewed 2018-03-14

Pros
Xactly has great out of the box functionality that covers almost all business needs. The interface is somewhat intuitive and easy to navigate -- after minimal training, admins should be on their way to becoming power users in short time. The structured nature of all objects in Xactly help experienced admins understand any comp environment that uses Xactly very quickly. Sales reps gain good visibility into their sales plans and commissions, while also easily navigating the reports with minimal training. The software is constantly updated to improve/add features.

Cons
The software is not flexible in the sense that you cannot always customize Xactly to fit around what a business wants. It sometimes feels more like you have to fit your business needs into Xactly's functionality; while being pretty capable, it's not the most flexible in terms of customization.

Lucas Hidden

When it works, it works well. Bugs and non-intuitive nature can make it difficult to use.

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Pros
Analytics: Can be very helpful to expand upon Incentive statement short comings. However with the introduction of Balance Carry forward to accommodate prior period processing, reporting is becoming more difficult. Recommended for every customer. Edocs: is recommended if you wish to route quota via Incent Incentive Statement: Overall great. Wish drill-down details loaded faster and were more flexible on what is shown on drill down Versioning Objects: I don't know what we would do without this System of Record: Great for historical comp. Earns more value year over year for growing changing sales teams.

Cons
Old UI: Sections that have old UI/non-HTML text Estimator: Atrocious UI, limits, functionality, but I bet its on every Xactly sales demo. Honestly, how many can customers using this? Illustrator rules- See estimator, but worse. Sales Rep Landing Dashboard: Most of the pods are useless. My feedback from our sales team we have is they don't even look at it. We direct them towards our analytics dashboards. 99% virtually all pods are turned off or hidden to avoid Incent from confusing the sales rep. Audit Logs are broken: This is a great troubleshooting tool and it has been broken and not fixed by Xactly. This was huge as we have many business group admins at our company. Pay curves don't work for us Rate Tables end with .99999 after every number: Sad this continues as long as it has. Makes beautiful Plan Statements suddenly ugly and confusing. Admin Experience: Feels like a hassle

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Doug David

Great Experince

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Pros
Ease of user for the end user. Don't need IT to make all configuration changes, can create formulas, rules, plans by a business admin. Reporting Integration

Cons
Would like to be able to upload data faster, we have a couple million invoice records, take about 8 hrs to load. Professional services are expensive and some of the resources are inexperienced

Parneet Arora

Incent Review

Reviewed 2019-12-13

It is certainly so much better than when I started with it back in 2014.

Pros
I have worked on this product in two different companies. It has gotten better in functionality especially with reporting and analytics. I like how we can customize our commission exception rules especially in this group where I see a lot of one offs. We are using look up tables to customize the payout rates.

Cons
I wish we could have a reporting cloud kind of thing where we could bring in any object, any field and run an adhoc report or analysis. I am right now limited to the objects I can use in one report.

Colleen Traut

I like it, users like it

Reviewed 2019-12-18

Overall, I'd recommend this tool for a small company. I love the accurate commission and draw calculations, the roll ups and, eventually, I will love Analytics, too!

Pros
I like quick turnaround for customer support. Since I am new to Incent and am configuring and administering plans, I often have questions. The Customer Support team is always quick to reply and can usually describe what I need to do, and they follow up to be sure their suggestion worked.

Cons
I'd like to have the Incentive Statement drill down to details more easily, the Analytics and Dashboards a bit more easy to build. Right now, they are a not as intuitive, especially for a new user. It would also be good to understand exactly how the Bonus works, as we did a lot of trial and error before we figured it out. I think the Learning in the Community Portal could do a little bit better job of explaining the 'why' along with the 'how'.

Garrett Doole

Does the job, improving interface recently but still not the easiest to navigate

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Pros
Fairly easy to learn the logic for writing rules and a great software for straightforward sales plans. Xactly's implementation teams & customer service teams are generally good. Ability to route documents through the software is helpful.

Cons
A lot of the interface is fairly outdated, some has been updated recently but a ways to go still. Limited customization ability for a lot of the output files so that can be frustrating. A lot of relatively straightforward things (like pushing through a payment value) have to use workarounds based on how code works.

Dawn Greene

Once Configured System Works Well

Reviewed 2019-12-16

Over all I am satisfied with our experience. It has been a few years that we have been using this tool now and I have become a more experienced administrator.

Pros
Daily Processing usually runs smoothly. Once the system is configured it works well, but configuration is key. If the initial build is set-up poorly it will make it difficult to maintain the system each year,

Cons
Analytics. The reporting functionality out of the tool is cumbersome. As an administrator you have no control over the relationships between tables, and at times cannot use multiple tables together.

amanda valle

Xactly for the Furture

Reviewed 2019-12-17

Overall I feel like i learn something new every week when using the tool.

Pros
My favorite factor of this software is that there are continual updates to stay relevant with industry trends. such as having a way to map territories in a streamlined fashion.

Cons
I do not like that changes can not easily or be made at all. We deal with business, and sometimes those business do a legal name change. Xactly does not offer us a solution where we can add the new name and correlate it to the old name, such as having an alias. This causes us to have to manually update some fields when we send report to our partners.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Phil Chowaniec

Very powerful and flexible compensation tool, but implementation dragged on for us

Reviewed 2018-02-20

Great historical source for commission/quota attainment data, which allows to make business decisions moving forward. From an administrative perspective, the tool can scale to support hundreds and thousands of users, with an accurate view into commissions paid.

Pros
Xactly Incent is a very powerful and flexible compensation tool and will be able to scale with us as our business grows and if set up and administered properly, could easily support thousands of users.

Cons
The implementation was much longer and harder than expected - we missed our deadline and were scrambling at the end of the year to get everything working properly. Also, DELTA (for loading orders) is very inflexible and we will likely be looking to switch to Connect in the future.

Anonymous

Xactly is the best in the market, but the market deserves better

Reviewed 2019-01-25

I originally did my company's commission in excel spreadsheets before we migrated to Xactly. Since then, there have always been errors in people's calculations. Was it worth the money and saved time? Not Really. I joined a new company and decided to replicate Xactly Express to continually stamp in SFDC. It worked well and didn't have all the diagnosis issues that Incent had.

Pros
Commission Calculations - Ability to make changes to plans, quotas, and release documents on the fly. I liked that reps were able to log in and see the breakdown of their payments and see their attainment

Cons
Cost, Implementation Time and Fee, Bugs, cannot self diagnose. Xactly Incent is supposedly the better version and upgrade from Xactly Express. In order to make it work with your organization, you will need to pay an implementation fee. Xactly then flys in trainers to configure your commission plan with their software. Once they leave, if anything breaks, you'll have to contact Xactly support. From our experience, we realize that their software is like a big black box. If anything goes wrong you keep have to run to them. They have just purchased a new software to add to their Xactly suite. This makes self diagnosis an set up super easy, but whats the worst part? Well, even though the software connects to SFDC, someone has to log into their standalone product and click REFRESH in order to sync the days commission. If your company uses daily exchange rates that pipe in from netsuite or other sources into Xactly, make sure that integration is tight, cause Xactly can mess it up.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Adam Meyer

Xactly has been transformative for our incentive compensation management!

Reviewed 2018-05-21

Increase commission payment accuracy, decreased processing time, better insights into compensation management

Pros
Xactly has enabled us to reduce commission processing time AND decrease the number of errors. The sales users not only love the increased confidence in their payments, but they also love Xactly's easy to use interface!

Cons
There is a bit of a learning curve to learn the software as an administrator, but once you have mastered Xactly the incentive compensation management possibilities are endless.