Backblaze

Cloud-based server backup management software

Backblaze Reviews - Page 2

Great cloud based backup for personal computers and business laptops!

Pros

Backblaze has a simple monthly or yearly cost with NO DATA restrictions. Don't worry about what data to backup, backup all of your data. Backblaze has an easy to use interface and you can even schedule when the backups occur or do a continuous backup.

Cons

I wish Backblaze had an easier to use Business package. You have to buy a third party app to get to their storage.

Hi Kyle - Thanks for being a customer! Happy to chat with you re: access to your storage. While we have many integration partners, customers are not required to buy an app to get to your storage. Feel free to reach out if I can help troubleshoot. Cheers, Ahin (VP of Marketing @ Backblaze

Peace of mind: priceless.

Peace of mind!

Pros

I love that once the software is enabled, I don't ever have to think about it. It's just there, silently making sure that my work is constantly being backed up to the cloud in case the unthinkable happens and I lose all of my data.

Cons

I haven't had to actually use it yet, but having explored the restoration process a little bit through the company's website, it seems to be a bit clunky. It would be nice if there were an easier way to pick through the files I need to restore. Would be even better if it could track multiple versions ala Apple's Time Machine (which I also use).

Backblaze - super affordable, stable backups

From day 1 we have been able to simply configure and always restore our data. That along with the price makes this the perfect solution to backup millions of files across 10TB of data.

Pros

The price and the simplicity of configuring it to backup our Synology rackstation. It's secure and we have always been able to restore files when needed. We have never experienced an issue with Backblaze. Would highly recommend to everyone.

Cons

The web interface could use an overhaul. It is simple enough but I feel like with a little time and effort they could turn it into something better. Note, this is a very minor con.

Gives me ease of mind regarding all digital documents I use for work and study

Ease of mind! Writing my master's thesis, it's just so good to know that all the work I do is constantly being saved and updated, and I don't have to worry about what will happen if I break/lose my computer. I just can't get into the habit of doing manual backups, and now I don't need to!

Pros

- It's so simple to use! There's no fussing around selecting folders to sync, or need to do any manual syncs yourself! It just runs in the background - Getting regular email updates allows me to have an extra sense of security - I think the cost of the service is incredibly reasonable - I love being able to remotely access files. It just makes working while travelling so much easier!

Cons

Really can't find fault with this service! The only improvement I would suggest is that a push notification for when updates are available would be great (currently, I have to request it to 'check for updates' every no and again), but that's not a massive problem.

Backblaze solved our email archive problem

Overall it solved the problem of where to store our old emails which makes repeat requests much easier to find and respond to a customer much faster.

Pros

We receive over 1,000 emails a month just between mechanical and electrical after sales support. I am the 'gatekeeper' of the email archives. We originally had them on a separate server, but that became buggy. And it wasn't searchable. With backblaze you can back up automatically every day anything and everything on the computer, and be able to retrieve it at any time. This eliminated the need to have a separate hard drive that everyone would have to map to, and the plug into their computer if they needed an older email.

Cons

The only downside is the backup can take a while if you don't have it set to do it every day. If you do it every week and you have a lot of data it could take hours for it to backup.

Backblaze set it and forget it until you need it

Pros

It is so easy to just add the different drives or files you want to be backed up regularly. It does it all in the background and you do not even notice it. When and if you need a backup you have various options for larger amounts of data you can request a drive be sent to you with the data or you can bring down the files in chunks or zipped files.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say about this other than the one time i switched computers and had to merge my account back was messy but understandable.

Excellent backup option with great support

Pros

After being forced to find an alternate backup solution for our home business, we came across Backblaze and gave it a try. This has been a home-run for us, and we'll definitely continue to use it. The setup is fairly simple and straightforward, and being able to adjust options regarding when and the amount of resources used to backup files is great. When we encountered an issue, their support center was prompt in replying to us and did an excellent job at explaining what the cause of the issue was. The ability to restore an entire folder or an individual file regardless of location is very nice, and the price is very competitive for the options they provide.

Cons

There's really not a whole lot that I'd change. A benefit is the support articles and answers found in the community.

Set it and forget it backup

I've used it for years, and have no complaints.

Pros

I like the fact that it's always working in the background; and even though i already have cloud backups and disk backups, this is my third backup which makes a truly redundant (and assurance) solution.

Cons

Sometimes I want to quickly turn it off, i.e. I don't want backups going while I'm rendering or streaming, but it takes so many clicks to get to the on/of scheduling control panel deep inside System settings, that is annoying.

Cloud backup plans are nothing new but Backblaze does it best

Backblaze provides a simple setup and peace of mind when dealing with valuable data.

Pros

Pricing is great for Backblaze and setup is beyond simple. The persistent backups mean no user is ever in fear of losing valuable data. We've implemented Backblaze for all our employees machines. An underrated feature that I hope I never have to use is they'll send you a physical copy of your backup if you ever find yourself in a severe emergency backup situation!

Cons

I really, really can't think of any negatives to say about Backblaze. While I think the price is fair I guess it could be bundled a little better for larger organizations who need a lot of machines backed up.

I tell everyone to use this product!

I’ve had a great experience with them!

Pros

BackBlaze keeps all of my computer files and external drives backed up. I feel so much safer knowing that all my thousands of photo and design projects will be immediately accessible to download to a new computer if my current one happens to crash. Plus, you can’t beat the price!!!

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about this software. I recommend it to everyone, whether they own a business or not.

Backup your data automatically, just install and forget.

We have lost a couple of machines to ransomware so rather than giving in to the criminals we just turned to Backblaze.

Pros

This software takes away all of the worry with regard to insuring your data is safe. It runs in the background without having any impact on your machines resources.

Cons

Our other teams backup data to Google Drive, which is fine. This does cost a bit more but it does have advantages such as the ability to have your data retrieval via hard drive sent via courier. Much quicker if and when you need terrabytes of data.

Set it and forget it

Generally works great without me having to do anything. But I have had issued with the backups getting desynchronized.

Pros

Once it's been set up, you rarely have to think about it. It works in the background.

Cons

Because you rarely need to think about it, if it stops working it could be a while before you notice there's an issue. Changing/deleting a bunch of files all at once can cause the backup to become desynchronized, and the only way to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the app start the backup over from scratch.

Peace of mind offsite backups

It provides great peace of mind knowing I have my important personal and business files backed up without any effort or thought.

Pros

It just trudges along in the background, doing its job securely backing up the files to the cloud. I like that I can have exclusion folders (like Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud) since there's no point to back those up.

Cons

Not so much a con per se, but I haven't actually tested any of the backups because I haven't needed to.

Good automatic backup tool

Pros

I like they way Backblaze works. You just have to install the software and that´s it! You do not have to worry to backup your data manually and upload it to the cloud. If you get your computer broken or lost you can order your data on a hard disk by mail.

Cons

Data transfer (upload and download) its kind of slow in the basic packages. Since I install Backblaze I find my computer kind of slower

I love the set it and forget it approach

I love the set it and forget it the style that Backblaze uses for remotely securing all my files. While other backup software makes you pick and choose what's worth saving, Backblaze just goes for it and backs up everything (you can opt out if something's too sensitive or scandalous, I think) so that you don't have to spend forever setting options. Then it just regularly backs up my files without me having to think about it, so that if I ever lose my laptop or it is lost in a fire or something else horrible, my business files, records, family photos, etc, those are all safe. Peace of mind for a cheap price.

Pros

Ease of use, background operation, peace of mind, price.

Cons

Sometimes when it starts running, it slows my system (albeit briefly)

Blazing Fast Business Backup

Incredibly fast backups and restorations. Integration with popular backup software.

Pros

The speed is incredible and pricing per GB for BackBlaze B2 is lower than Amazon Glacier and Microsoft Azure. Plus, they publish an annual report on hard drive failure rates that is extremely valuable.

Cons

A few years ago, my only gripe was the amount of industry integrations. Since then, however, they've added many, many new ones that resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have literally had to do nothing after I signed up and followed the step-by-step process. I feel comfortable knowing that I have a 100% backup of my whole computer.

Cons

I, like many in this day and age, often wonder the security level of this backup storage service. There is some pretty serious content some folks may have stored in their backup...how secure is it? I just don't know yet. There is a constant tug-of-war on my perception of my content's safety and security. This is not specific to BackBlaze, but is inherently present because of the nature of this business.

Peace of mind at a fair cost

Absolutely one of the most fundamental pieces to protecting your data.

Pros

Set it and forget it. Install the software and instantly have peace of mind. You're definitely limited to whatever upload speed you have in the office but that's just life. I also use the normal Backblaze at home for personal use. The cost is very, very fair for what you get.

Cons

Can slow down your internet a little bit when it's uploading a large backup but that's pretty standard for apps like this. There may be a throttling option that I have to figure out.

Serious peace of mind!

Pros

How can you go wrong with the idea of your machine being constantly backed up. I don't even realize it's happening, but seeing the reports of your backup is heartwarming. Knowing every computer regardless of platform is backed up is fantastic.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about Backblaze. The price? Could it be cheaper? I'm sure it could, but it's very affordable.

Easiest and most affordable solution for our church

I've been a Backblaze user for years now and have yet to have any problems. The affordability and ease of integration makes it an easy choice, especially for churches.

Pros

- Cost - the cost of this makes it almost a no-brainer. - Speed - the backups are quick. - NAS support - our church backs all of our computers up to our NAS, and our NAS is backed up to the cloud using backblaze. This has been a fantastic solution for us.

Freed up my time

Pros

This software does a great job of keeping a daily backup of my computer without even thinking about it. Always have a backup just in case you lose something or anything happens.

Cons

Sometimes I forget to leave my laptop open for it to update overnight but that's more a laptop issue than software problem. Also, if you backup any drives, don't forget to connect them before going to bed...

Backblaze

Overall experience with Backblaze has been very good. The admin console this very easy to use and makes it simple to download backups.

Pros

Backblaze is a dependable backup solution. This software has been so helpful for all the remote users we have.

Cons

I wish Backblaze had the capability to automatically download data that has been backed up on a previous computer and dump it onto a different computer.

The best no-fuss backup solution around.

Pros

Backblaze has one of the easiest on-boarding process of any backup software I've used. It's seriously software that most end users would be able to easily configure on their own computer. Such an intuitive interface that still has powerful features for those looking to tweak things.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about Backblaze. Their service and emergency recovery support are second to none, and the no-fuss pricing per computer with no storage caps makes price forecasting a breeze.

Backblaze is perfect

Pros

I love Backblaze—they do an amazing job. I've never implemented a backup solution that was so robust and well made. The cost to benefit ratio is remarkable, and I find them dead easy to maintain and use.

Cons

I am not crazy about the web interface—it loads as an applet in the browser. It totally does work, but it's not the most elegant solution.

Set and Forget Backup

Pros

I like that once it is setup it works in the background and backs up everything. It gives me piece of mind, and it works well. I feel more confident for mine and other people's data if something should go wrong. I found it really easy to set up, and it has a bunch of options that make sense and allows me to exclude files if I need to.

Cons

More versioning of files would be good, just to give a bit more redundancy as some files can change a lot in a short period of time.