Backblaze

Cloud-based server backup management software

Backblaze Reviews - Page 4

Smooth and easy to use.

Pros

Great system to perform backups for single computers that are usually outside of my network and reach.

Cons

It's a very easy to use system. Would be nicer if there was a better control for revision of files and group management.

Simply a great solution.

Simple efficient offsite backups

Pros

I have had the occasion to implement backblaze for two different clients over the last year. In both cases, it is performed admirably securing the clients data, giving them an interface they were comfortable with, and leading to general client satisfaction. Configuration is straightforward, and backup services are performed efficiently.

Cons

It's a great way to just have peace of mind and not worry

I don't like that it costs money, but that's actually an unrealistic expectation because it's an amazing piece of technology. So there you go.

Pros

I really like that it runs in the background and doesn't interfere with anything, and gives you updates by email.

Cons

It does everything right, it just works!

Solid service, it really takes a load off your mind knowing you’re backed up to the cloud. Thanks!

Pros

Backblaze is always running in the background and is super easy to manage through the desktop app. I love not having to plug anything in, it just works! And knowing that I can easily get a hold of an ENTIRE backup of my computer quickly (not that I’ve needed to yet!) is a recipe for success.

Cons

This certainly comes with the territory, but that initial backup can be quite tedious! Add to the mix doing it over a wifi connection and you’re in for a long wait.

Cheapest Cloud Storage Option but...

Pros

Backblaze has the cheapest rates for online cloud storage that I've been able to find. The online portal is easy to use and set up.

Cons

You have to have a third party app to run on your computer or server to send your data to BackBlaze. They do not offer their own standalone software. I purchased Cloudberry for servers and then use it to send the file to Backblaze B2 cloud services.

Hi James - Thanks for being a customer and we appreciate the review!. Quick response, we do make our own backup client for computers. The pricing model there is equally simple - $60 / yr / computer. All user data is backed up by default and there are no caps. More information here if you're interested: https://www.backblaze.com/business-backup.html Thx!

Affordable peace of mind

It has been an overall great experience, having peace of mind in my day to day that everything is backed up online. It has also proven useful a couple of times where I wanted to refer back to files that I had previously deleted.

Pros

This software addresses a really fundamental problem in a very simple and seamless way, it does its job in the background and I have never really experienced any performance hits on my system. I also believe that it is reasonably priced

Cons

It would be really cool to have a more extensive companion app that could restore specific files without having to visit their explorer online, something similar to the time machine experience on mac

Great cloud system for any company.

Backblaze is the perfect service for those who don't want to worry about what they need to back up as long as it is in the cloud and for a fair price.

Pros

We have used this program for the past 2 years and when we needed it after one of our computers completely died, we were able to recover everything that was in it/in the cloud. The installation process is very easy and the price is right.

Cons

It’s a bit tedious to recover a lot of information if you have too much but still works as promised.

Simple , intuitive and worth every penny

It helped me to negate the issue of backing up files regularly, given its quality its the best available software in the market.

Pros

cheapest available option in the market end number of apli and integration options easy to use dashboard multiple options of recovery including a option were they ship you new disk with your backup files

Cons

there is pretty much nothing that i dont like about the product however it would be better if they setup multiple datacentreS in each continent, currently there datacentre is in USA.

Great for small or big projects

Pros

We've been using Backblaze and the experience has been amazing so far. It scales as we need and only charges if it reaches a specific limit and it's really cheap for what we get.

Cons

We really don't have anything to complain about so far, since it's working and the performance is great.

Very cool! Very reliable backups for computer files, plenty of space, easy to use

Pros

Easy to use, it's a no-brainer to backup files from my computer and you get a realistic amount of space, even on the free accounts, which is so nice! It's also nice to have piece of mind, knowing I won't lose my work or my personal photos is a relief!

Cons

Takes a long time to backup a lot of files, that first time around is an overnight thing, and I have a decent internet upload speed of over 10mbps, and it still takes a really long time. Another thing I didn't like much is that I can't just upload folders, they have to be created on backblaze first, rather than just drag n drop to make things move faster (and avoid human error).

Exactly what I needed!

Amazing experience. My laptop is getting old, I'd been getting a lot of blue screen errors. I didn't want to trust my data to a corporation, or fiddle with finding an external hard-drive. So far, Backblaze have made the process unbelievably easy and simple. I subscribed for their services a few months ago, everything's been running seamlessly.

Pros

It's easy to use, automatically backs up and gives you the most important data about it. I even like that they email you if your computer hasn't connected to their cloud in a while. The app is designed in a clear, modern way that I can navigate quickly. Pretty cheap, for what they offer, too.

Cons

Nothing. It's exactly what I was looking for.

Peace of mind with no effort

Pros

Install Backblaze, let it run for a few days and then everything you need protecting is backed up! It couldn't get easier than that and it works brilliantly!

Cons

It's so simple there's nothing to dislike. It runs quietly in the background and does what it needs to do.

Cost-effective, worry-free backup with extra features

Pros

Once set up, so easy: set-it and forget-it. Very cost-effective and unlimited. You receive reports on your backups as you request and recovery is simple. Small or large solutions to suit all sizes of business.

Cons

Honestly, not much negative to say about Backblaze. It's worked perfectly for us for years without so much as an extra thought.

Back It Up With Backblaze

I started using the free trial and not only has it been simple, but it does all the heavy lifting for you. Once you set it up and adjust preferences it automatically backs up your files. You can even get those files on a hard copy CD. Whoa!

Pros

Free trial with unlimited storage for backing up your files. It's also hands free and backs things up automatically. Super convenient and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I dislike about this software yet.

A review for Backblaze Backup

Pros

It's nice to have an offsite backup. Backblaze's desktop app on PC and Mac make it easy to get started. Secondary authentication methods available to keep login secure.

Cons

First upload takes a really really long time. Not sure if thats them or my ISP. When you click the link for estimated time, it takes you to a website. Why not calculate it and show it on the desktop program itself?

Good for enterprise usage, not as a file storage service

We use Backblaze B2 for internal workstation backups, but it didn't serve our needs for any public-facing client files, unfortunately.

Pros

Backblaze has pretty massive cloud storage size offerings, which really best suited for enterprise usage with large amount of data protection, privacy and security needs. One of the coolest, and unique features is the ability to have a flash drive, or hard disk mailed to you in the event you need a physical device to restore from, and don't have access to the online backup.

Cons

BackBlaze is similar to other cloud storage providers such as Drive, OneDrive, and Box, but it falls a bit short in terms of file organization (the interface doesn't really allow for intuitive file management such as moving mass files/folders, copying, sorting, and permissions) in the same way that something like Drive or Box does. Additionally, if you're looking to use B2 to share files with clients (publically), you'll notice a lack of features in this regard as well.

Simple and easy backup solution for the money

Backblaze is a very easy backup solution that is very affordable. Provides good restore options such as sending you a hard drive to restore.

Pros

Easy to use Inexpensive Good restore options It just works

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any cons yet.

Backblaze backup

Overall it has made archiving and saving old documents much easier. And it is cheaper than purchasing external hard drives.

Pros

We had been using a separate hard drive to back up some very old product manuals and information, but it was cumbersome to keep track of who had the hard drive, or where it was. With Backblaze everyone can backup files to one place, which makes it easier for every one in the department find any information much easier.

Cons

The initial backup was very long. If you don't back up every day it can take quite a while for the data to convert and backup.

Backblaze makes backup simple

Pros

Easy to use, reliable backups, industry leader means stability in the sector.

Cons

No major issues. Moved to Backblaze when Crashplan changed business models and hiked pricing. I've been happy!

Lacks features but works... very slowly.

Pros

Inexpensive software with unlimited back up limit which is hard to find. Easy install and no maintenance.

Cons

Back ups are set to a schedule. Also would be nice to throttle it while utilizing they machine. Ended up not using the software because after 5 months, my initial back up still never finished.

Hi Anne- Thanks for giving us a shot. And sorry it didn't work out. If you're willing to try it again, we think you'll like it. In our 5.0 release, we added "automatic threading". We believe it makes us the fastest backup client on the market. You can read more about it here https://www.backblaze.com/blog/cloud-backup-5-0-rapid-access/ Also, you can schedule your backups to occur whenever you'd like using the client settings https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/217666288-Schedule-Settings-Mac- Thx!

Backblaze is a reasonably priced, set it and forget it back up system for my home PC.

Pros

Competitive and reasonable cost, easy configuration, automatic backups so I don't have to think about it once it's set up, nice iPhone app for anywhere/anytime access to my files.

Cons

License is limited to one PC as I understand it. I would prefer a platform that will take care of multiple machines in a given household, without having to pay per/machine.

Best Unlimited backup left

Pros

I used to use crasplan and then they switch their infrastructure and actually recommend backblaze. One of the few unlimited backup services left.

Cons

Wish it had a NAS software client option for my shared storage. Also would be nice to have an app on my phone.

Thankful for the awesome service!

Pros

It wasn't until the next afternoon that I noticed Backblaze would probably have all files I lost on a server migration, then I logged and all files was there from the last backup. I used it a lot and never worried about the billing because I knew it was really low compared to similar solutions on the market.

Cons

Nothing at all, recently BackBlaze released their command line interface client and now I don't need to rely on third party solutions to upload the backup. It's pretty straightforward and intuitive.

Backblaze is simple and awesome tool for data backup

Data protection is very important for our organization to grow soon. This tool helped our organization to achieve this in very easy way.

Pros

Very very User friendly and very fast. This tool provides unlimited storage at very affordable price. Best this is that this tool provides15-day free trial.

Cons

We didn't find any bugs while using this software to dislike. We like to recommend this to others to use it.

Great Backup Solution

Great backup solution at an amazing price. Easy to configure.

Pros

Backup solution is robust and simple. I really like that because a control panel and configure should be as simple as possible.

Cons

It takes up to three days to delete an entire bucket from their system which can be taxing for the auditing world.