ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

Pros

The antivirus solution from ESET is currently the best on the market. It is more expensive, but you get perfect protection for your money.

This is most important - they are continually improving their SW to be best on market and help their customer. They do their business very well - so we may do our safe and protected.

Darina T.

I feel better knowing it's running. Has great features as well to make me more protected and backed up.

Michael D.

Cons

It didn't seem to help us against modern threats and anomously and machine learning threats. Deep dive into process trees was missing.

Craig F.

Trevor S.

Transcript

Frank: Good morning. My name is Frank. I'm an EVP for a systems integrator and I rate ESET Endpoint Security...

Eset for centralized antimalware management

Transcript

Craig F.: Hi, I'm Craig. I'm the president of the company. We're in the telecommunications industry....

Removes infections others do not.

Have found ESET support to be responsive and knowledage. We have met the UK head of sales a few times at various events and it has always been a pleasure.

Pros

We are partnered with ESET as their product range has a very virus detection rate combined with a low system impact. Quite often we have customers bring in computers running other AV software and we use ESET to remove infections.

Cons

The ERA console is very flexable but can be overly complex for most use cases. Would be nice to see a better implementation of the user interface, perhaps a wizzard system. This does not affect end users though.

Works well whether entry-level or high performance

Having used ESET for about seven years there are definitely more pros than cons.

Pros

I have used ESET for about 7 years back and forth and at times together with another antivirus. When I first started with ESET it did a really good job, my laptop was not performing well, I installed it and managed to remove over 20 malicious software. I like how it works well on different computer systems, be it entry-level or high performance. I am currently running it on an i5 processor with...

Cons

I do not have much against ESET, it works well, except that scan times are lengthy, but this is related to file sizes that I have on my machine and in any case, I found it to still be quicker than other programs. There is a price point to ESET and even though it works well there are other anti-virus programs with a free plan that compete strongly with it.

Best solutions for computer protection

Pros

I've been using ESET Endpoint Security for some time now, and indeed the software has improved significantly with the addition of extra security features, such as the financial and banking platform. This software allows users to restrict access to firewalls as well as have their computers scanned for problems. There are several levels of software security available in the software.

Cons

. You'll need a user account and a keycode or ID number if you need to restore the application on another computer. It's too puzzling as it will not store all the information on the software itself, but need to contact the customer support to get the information. Furthermore, the software consumes too many resources when scanning your computer every time you restart it.

ESET Endpoint Security

In experience, it is not a bad program, but it is very basic depending on the type of user that is addressed, for a home user it would be good but for business, something more robust would be needed.

Pros

This security system although it has many options is very easy to use, it is very friendly and for a user who has never used it you can use it easily, I could say that this type of security should be used more for people of home since For some company it is very basic, it may have different security options but it is not complete.

Cons

What I do not like is the cost, the cost of this application is too high for the options and security that it has, it can have different levels or options for security of different types for when protection is something very simple, at the company level that handles some sensitive information could cause problem, since the type of security as I mention it above is very basic, would be only for users of house, and for the price the users of house I would not accept it is very high. They have an option for microsoft security that I do not see as a user.

Eset security software

We use this software in many ways to protect businesses from hackers and viruses and blocked unsafe web site. Plus it protects our company when access banking information.

Pros

I have been Eset for a while now, and the software has made some significant improvement overall with using the software adding more security features like the banking system. This software you to take control of access to firewalls and also gives users control on having a computer scanning for issues. The software has a different level of software protection to choose from.

Cons

The licensed to purchase this software is a bit troubling. It does give your license keys. If you need to reinstall the program in some older model, you required a user name and keycode or ID code. It just too confusing. Also, the software takes too many resources when scanning every time you reboot your computer.

Very thorough virus protection

Overall, ESET, once it's initial system scan is complete, runs perfectly like it isn't even there. While I rarely run into any warning from it, in 8 years I have also never had any issues with malware infecting a system that it is protecting.

Pros

ESET does a great job of managing each and every thing that enters your computer either through the internet or from a removeable media source. I have never experienced ESET missing a trojan or suspicious piece of information when installing new software or visiting websites.

Cons

The initial system scan that is triggered whenever your PC comes out of sleep or is restarted can be quite lengthy and is generally slowed down tremendously if you are impatient and try to open any programs while the scan is going.

ESET Endpoint Security

Overall I have good experience with eset. Very good server management. Very good installed software management. Very good logging.

Pros

Very easy to use, useful, fast, intuitive, hight speed

Cons

Sometimes fail to upgrade server side. Hard to implement user agents.

Fast and reliable

Pros

I use ESET Endpoint Security for a number of years and am very pleased. It's fast, takes up little system memory and is constantly equipped with even better engines and options. ESET LiveGrid is a great option. ESET live grid is a system that collects information from vulnerabilities and potential threats around the world. When this is enabled, the antivirus program, working with Eset Live Grid, can detect and remove the most recently found threats from the system.

Cons

In a business environment, you cannot verify that all systems are running a version of ESET. This should be possible so that you protect all systems and do not skip one.

A good Endpoint Security Solution which is lesser known.

Over all we were very satisfied with Eset Endpoint Security, it is great product for the price.

Pros

Eset Endpoint Security is a relatively light weight software in comparison to other market leading brands. it is quite robust and provides support to legacy operating systems which other solutions have stopped supporting.

Cons

Their Local partner support could improve a bit, other than that no issues were faced. I am very much satisfied with the solution.

Eset

Great software, great antivirus that I recommend above all the others

Pros

Its been one efficient Antivirus for me and everyone i have recommended is satisfied with it. It does what its meant to do

Cons

It doesn't recognize important extensions installed by the user from a virus or a bug thus it removes everything

A good choice to keep viruses at bay

Overall, the product suits my needs especially in terms of managing a relatively small network of computers. The essential functions are present to prevent intrusion, and tying it up with the default firewall as well as tweaking router settings suits just fine in preventing unwanted websites and pop ups from appearing in in your screen, and sifting through websites with anomalous content.

Pros

There's a ton of anti virus and anti malware apps already online, but one reason why I used this product is for its simplicity and for its being lightweight, and not to mention the pricing. Doing system maintenance can be a daunting task, and waiting for boot scans to finish can be time consuming especially with a lot of tasks on the to do list. Yes, I do boots cans once a month to ensure that my security...

Cons

Although pricing is way better than others, it is limited to some functionalities. And an advanced user might consider switching to other products if one is looking for other add-ons especially for those who have high browsing and other internet activities.

Lightweight But Tough Virus and Web Protection

I have been an ESET user since 2005. Back then there was only ESET NOD32 and it has grown a lot since with various platform protection. I am very pleased that they have not changed their style of being lightweight and easy to install (no-brainer installation and management) that I recommend it for use to friends and colleagues. I have never ever had any virus problems with ESET which is the main reason why I am confident when I recommend it even to clients. One really gets the value for his/her money with a license purchase from ESET.

Pros

It is lightweight, meaning it does not need too much resources to run in the operating system. This is the best selling factor for me of ESET NOD32, especially when compared to Norton or McAfee. The value for money is greater than Kaspersky, another antivirus product which I think is just as good as ESET. ESET is also easy to install and hassle-free. It takes very little time and supervision to install this and as long as you have fast internet, downloading the latest updates and modules is also fast and easy.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about ESET's range of security products is that there are different version for different devices that I have to purchase them separately if I wanted an all-around ESET protection. It would be nice if there is a way to get discount on, say, mobile licenses if you already have the full Windows/Mac product purchased. I had to purchase a separate license for my Android phone - it would have been nice if I could just use the same license.

Solid endpoint solution for less

Excellent, since we have tested new products with additional new features but when we got it, we definitely felt it was the best out there.

Pros

When we were looking for new endpoint solution, we knew there is so many out there and they are all relatively pushy when talking to their sales people. We went through the normal process with Eset and found the pricing mixed with the easy to use reporting and alerting features were better than anything else we tried to that point, overall great decision and very happy with our choice when we moved over.

Cons

Honestly not a ton of dislikes here, everything did exactly what we hoped for it to do, so not much here.

Your Security made Easy

I use this every day and it works perfectly. I love its simplicity so anyone at home could check for threat however it is still very powerful tool. The frequency of the updates its just fine and I like the fact that I can constantly monitor the events and logs for more details.

Pros

The product is very solid compared to its competitors. The regular updates keep you secure for new security threat and it is very simple to use but still very effective

Cons

I would like to see a more simple integration with some IoT devices and control of the home network. overall is a great product update could more frequent. Include details of the upgrade for people familiar with security terminology

The best anti-virus software for business

I have been using eset anti-virus software for 3+ years and my experience so far is really positive. As a company we have never faced any virus/malware infection from the day we started using it and it is doing a great job for these 3+ years. First we used the 30-day trial and then we got that it is the right choice. My overall experience of using eset anti-virus software is really positive and I would like to recommend anyone who is willing to use an anti-virus software which works flawlessly almost 100% of the time and it is the best on the market currently.

Pros

There are many ways that a computer can get infected with spyware, viruses, and malware. Among those downloads from internet, email attachments and removable media are the main ways. Normally one railway station has at least 10 computers and those contain sensitive information. These computers are connected to the internet and can be infected from viruses at anytime easily. Viruses can steal passwords,...

Cons

To be honest, I don't have anything against eset. The license is bit costly but the price is really worth for the security that we get. It is absolutely easy to use.

Eset Endpoint Security (Business)

Which? has recently awarded Eset's Antivirus Product its highest score in the "Best Buy" for "paid for" products. The small footprint and speed of its scanning engine is impressive coupled with its VB100 record and free upgrade to new versions make Eset an obvious choice. It doesn't slow your machine down on scanning and is sympathetic in its notifications to cause the least disruption to your workflow. On the whole I would recommend Eset Endpoint Security highly it does what it says on the tin and with minimal fuss.

Pros

Eset Endpoint Security is a business offering of a comprehensive suite of Security products including authentication, encryption and antiviral products for multi platform. The business licenses can be purchased in blocks of 5 for a 1 to 3 year duration. The product contains antivirus, firewall, antispam, device control and web filtering. The software footprint is small and its scanning engines speed...

Cons

Because of Eset's comprehensive suite of products it is adviseable to get an Eset agent or Eset themselves to carry out the intial setup. As you drill through the menu's the compexity of the product becomes very evident. The home user security product contains helpful context sensitive messages to aid with its configuration but the messages produced by the business product require some technical knowledge. The firewall part of the product can be sensitive to minor network changes and block printers and devices which are contained in the secure zone. This can be very frustrating for users who have shares on thier PC which are needed by other users.

It is best to be safe

The best is that from very beginning of using ESET software I have no problem with harms to computer or data or web site - no one. This is most important - they are continually improving their SW to be best on market and help their customer . They do their business very well - so we may do our safe and protected.

Pros

To have my data safe - not to be afraid of any harm in my data. We use many commercial data from our clients to prepare for them good offers and manage good projects - so we have to be safe with all our work. Many of my friends lost all data on damaged hardisks by activity of stupid hackers or paid so much money to unlock data in specialised companies. Data it is the most important in today times - so the best protection of computer by best software like ESET is step to right direction. I use ESET software for more than ten years - no one problem with any harm of computer or data - and we use internet daily. ESET is the best

Cons

there is no one thing, even I like the design and name - it so good

Set it and forget it! ESET offers a convenient and effective one stop security solution

I haven't lost time or money or business because my computer is protected and I'm not vulnerable to attacks. That's basically an ROI of priceless if you ask me.

Pros

Currently I am using ESET on my work laptop. I am a small freelance business and just have the one computer to protect at the moment. I also purchased another license to install on my parents' computer as they have been very prone to viruses in the past. Pros - Set it and forget it - I basically set up this software once to run automatic scans and I haven't had to bother with it much more than...

Cons

Absolutely nothing. So far I have found ESET to be very easy to use and I haven't come across any negatives. Everything from setting up automatic scans to enabling the anti-theft feature through their website has been super smooth. No issues with this whatsoever and it's extremely easy to use. Well worth it.

Eset for centralized antimalware management

It does a great job of catching malware. Occasionally we will have a problem with security updates in Outlook. This can cause the Outlook plugin to not start.

Pros

It provide a centralized management system for anti-malware. It is easy to use and does a great job catching web and email malware.

Cons

The initial installation was a little time consuming. I need to reach out to support to get help with the base profiles. Evidently this was common, they emailed me a set already configured.

Quality product that you can rely on.

So good I recommend it to our clients.

Pros

It doesn’t slow machines down like other Anti virus products. It is easy to install & forget about, knowing you are protected. The company is quick to respond to any issues and if support is required they are extremely helpful eve IF it turns out that it isn’t their product that is causing the issue.

Cons

I would like a bit more malware specific scans built Into the product.

Feature Rich! Security at its best

It is doing a good job of antivirus protection and filtering. It is also more customizable than I have tried.

Pros

This software detected other networks on my machine. IT was good to have that information to resolve some interesting errors.

Cons

I had to set the firewall for a foreign country that is headquarters. This was a slight problem that I didn’t expect. It also seems to run slow but it could be my configuration so I can’t be sure to blame the software yet.

A powerful, functional and manageable AV system

We are able to easily manage ESET from the ESMC console, no matter where the mobile device travels we are able to control it

Pros

The deployment process can be easily streamlined using GPO or the ESMC console. As well as managing any Virus outbreaks or threats centrally

Cons

Can be a pain if there are issues with the central server, or if machines have issues removing previous AV software in order to install ESET

Best Antivirus but still hackable

I like it, i Recommend this to anyone. The Best I ever Had

Pros

It is very easy to install and use, It doesn't take a lot of resources from your computer.

Cons

We got hacked by a Ransomeware 2 times now, when it is supossed that we were covered by ESET =( . Lucky us we have backups of our all data daily. but was not easy to restore.

Outstanding Protecion

I've never had an issue with Malware, Spyware or Viruses since I started using EST about 10 years ago.

Pros

Provides outstanding protection Easy installation and upgrading Never had an issue with Malware or Viruses since switching Also like the pricing models for those that own several devices

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about. It just plain works as advertised. You'd hardly know it was there.

ESET one of the most trusted names in computer security

Truly install and forget about it type of product. Highly recommend it.

Pros

I am long time user of ESET products and its Endpoint Security computer security service. I started using ESET in 2006 and since then I am loyal customer of the company. The advantages of this software can be summarized as follows: 1) ESET always tops the computer security tests conducted by independent, third party testing companies (eg. AV Comparatives) that test various well-known antivirus products. 2)...

Cons

I never experienced problems with ESET products. Always recommend it to friends and colleagues.