Instagram Logo

Instagram

Capture, edit, and share photos, videos, and messages

Instagram Reviews - Page 2

3,331 reviews

Instagram is overall a beneficial app though it has some flaws.

Overall Instagram has been beneficial, I've made lots of friends and respectful people. I can communicate quickly with my friends, I can promote my business to my audience and I probably wouldn't have gotten any sales if it wasn't for Instagram. There have been some unpleasant experiences on the app but I don't think they outweigh the good.

Pros

- I like that it's somewhat easy to reach an audience given that you have useful/good content, use tags etc. - It's easy to communicate with friends and you can have privacy (to a high extent). -It can be a good way to promote your business too - It allows me to find a community I belong in and make new friends. - I appreciate them allowing users to add pronouns - I like that you don't need 10,000 followers to share links on your story now - Most of the new features are awesome, though I can't use some yet - It's nice that you can limit who can message you, you can hide your story and mute people

Cons

- When people are harassing you, (giving you death threats or sharing hateful content for example) and you report it, Instagram basically says it's fine behavior and does nothing about it. - I wish they had a feature where you could mute or block certain posts with keywords from showing up in your feed like you can on twitter. - If you make an additional account, Instagram will send some people from your previous account a notification asking if you know the person which is a bit worrisome especially if someone wanted to separate a business profile from their personal. - They don't always show your posts to your followers, they're more focused on reels right now

Instagram is among the top 5 social networking platforms on earth. Also an ecommerce platform

I will highly recommend IG for anybody with a business. This will help increase or expand your audience

Pros

IG is not only a social media platform but it is also an eCommerce platform. As a business owner, IG has helped me a lot, in fact, my business relies on IG to survive. Because this platform is most visited, selling on this platform can link you to lots or customer. IG helps you match your products to buyers who are most likely to buy those products. For instance, someone who usually search information...

Cons

I think what I have encountered as draw back with IG is that many users are not well informed or they are skeptical shopping on IG. Also, more features like chats and other data analysis tools should be included. Also, IG should also improve its customer service. Users should also be able to connect to a real human either by phone call or email.

Entertaining and Useful But At Times Irksome

I have been using Instagram for over 7 years and I find that I have used the app relatively consistently over the years. There are features that I dislike, though I have continued to use Instagram. However, I have also begun to incorporate other apps for similar benefits and find that I have begun to use the alternatives more frequently.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to interact with family, friends, influencers, and companies. Based on the people and pages that you follow, the app is helpful in keeping you up to date, providing entertainment, as well as providing helpful information. The integration with other apps has been helpful in some respects. For example, being able to share the same story or picture across platforms with ease. Instagram is also a very useful platform for small businesses and helps to not only market the business but also helps to establish the business as more legitimate and accessible.

Cons

The move from a photo-sharing to a content creation service focused on entertainment and video was not my preference. At the same time, while they have made some progress towards instituting new features, too frequently, so many persons do not have access to the feature for a long time. For example, Reels were introduced over a year ago in 2020; however, in October of 2021, there are so many persons...

Our choice social media platform on an uneven playing field

Instagram will always be our go-to. It's accessible and has many features to keep content interesting. Personal I love it but professionally I wish Instagram had an even playing field for organizations that want to increase engagement and stay relevant.

Pros

We love instagram! It's an easy way to share mental health resources, important educational content, messages of hope, organization promotion, videos, etc. We love that content can be easily shared between users and through other social platforms. Recently we've been using IG lives and that method has increased our engagement.

Cons

The algorithm is always changing. Features like likes, shares or saves switch and you never really know which one is most important. It's difficult to have a social media plan to increase engagement when Instagram isn't consistent in what they feature at the top of the page or on the FYP "For your page." The IG Live feature needs some work. I wish there was a feature to set the live to private to settle all the players before setting the video to live. That awkward couple of minutes waiting for people to hop on or invite members is weird. Also, what does it take to get verified. We've tried multiple times and we can't seem t get through. There isn't any support for small non-profits that want to make a difference.

Share your moment and grow your business on Instagram

I've been using Instagram for a long time and prefer it to other social media networks due to its simplicity and absence of long text updates. Instagram has been great for connecting with new consumers and marketing my brand. New ways to share material include the Explore page, search boxes, and hashtags. Using Linkedin/Facebook was one thing, but I couldn't overcome corporate difficulties until I adopted BizzBook. I My societal norms have been adjusted, whether for commercial or personal motives. If you have other tasks to complete, you can create multiple logins and switch between them as needed. You can also create a store under your profile.

Pros

The best feature is Instagram's UI. It's easy to have too much information on my profile. This platform's amazing organization makes my profile more appealing. I joined Instagram for its design. I can edit my photos before posting them to Instagram using filters and geotags. I may also limit who sees my material by setting privacy controls. I may share photos, movies, and other original content with...

Cons

Instagram is a photo-sharing network, and as such, only photographs can be shared. Though you may also include videos. Instagram's design is disorganized due to the fact that it is not accessible via the web and must be viewed via a mobile device. Web images are impossible to display correctly in each unique shape. The program is mostly reliant on pictures, and the editing capabilities are relatively limited. There are ways to use images shared by professionals on Instagram without obtaining permission from the copyright holder.

A great social media platform for product marketing & influencing

Overall, I love this software. It's a great platform to showcase all our products with some stylish effects to a targetted segment of people.

Pros

Instagram is a famous marketplace for showcasing products to a wide class of people. It has an integration with Facebook business Suite thus it doesn't require any extra effort. Moreover, the client we find from Instagram is mostly authentic. I love the picture filters & how easily we can reach a vast community. It has great notification & message options. It has a great product boosting/ promotion option which can help to reach a vast amount of people in a single boost.

Cons

Currently, The software is fine. This app has a motive & it's fine with it. But We find many fake profiles who used to knock us through Instagram direct. More introductory security will help to remove this issue.

Instagram lags behind in producing content

For me, the Instagram application, like other applications, is a channel where people can communicate with people they do not know, and where photos and personal information can be shared. As with other social media tools, it is an effective platform that can affect my perceptions and behaviors. It would not be wrong to say that besides adding convenience to my life in many ways, undesirable situations occur. Nevertheless, it is a platform where I can feel comfortable and share what I want, and I like to use it.

Pros

Instagram, in another dissemination, is a social media platform that is much more effective and faster than all social media in advertising. Among the advantages of Instagram for business visionaries, the advantages of web-based media incorporate making individuals heard with the assistance of different missions, notices, stages to build the benefit of the brand or any business. In this sense, it draws in a great deal of consideration by brands. The most ideal approach to grow the client portfolio is to utilize online media effectively and knowing all the details.At a similar time, Instagram frequently gives individuals trust and empowers them to experience new position openings.

Cons

Instagram couldn't thrive in terms of content production and couldn't beat TikTok in that regard. TikTok, which surpassed Instagram and Facebook, which are among the most used social media applications in the world, ranked 3rd among the most downloaded non-game applications of this year. Even 90% of real videos on Instagram these days can be called Tiktok videos. Unfortunately, it has turned into a social platform that spreads content, not content production.

Instagram..

I've been using Instagram from quite a lot of time and prefer it over other social media platforms due to its simple design and scarcity of long irrelevant text post.

Pros

Instagram is one of the most popular social media app. It is primarily designed as a social photo sharing app. You can easily share photos and short videos through it. It also has inbuilt functionalities to capture and edit photos and videos and apply different filters to it. Apart from you can also use its integrated messaging service to send messages to other insta friends. Apart from social use, due to its vast user base it is also used by businesses and entraprenuers to promote their businesses either theough ads or through social media influencers. Apart from regular posts, you can also share graphic and visual stories that remains for 24 hour. Recently instagram has introduced Instagram Reels which is a 15 sec video making service with background music as in tiktok.

Cons

Instagram very well serves the purpose that it is designed for, but has started to show alot more advertisments among post and stories from the past.

A content creator's app!

Like many, Instagram is my favorite social media app - it's full of aesthetics, it helps me connect, network, showcase my work and whenever I'm taking a break from my office work, I open Instagram. It's my number one source of news, and it also provides me with a platform to voice my opinions. So to say, for me, Instagram is an all-in-one app that I use for entertainment, information, and even education!

Pros

Instagram may have started as a mere photo-sharing app but it has now become a content creator's home. I'm a freelance photographer and I use Instagram as my photography portfolio. It helps me connect with fellow photographers, build community with them, and simply appreciate our shared love for photography with each other. It's a great social networking app that a lot of us use for leisure but now our purposes have moved much beyond that. Features like reels, IGTV, stories, guides and so much more provide creators like me with endless possibilities of showcasing our work in many formats. The use of hashtags makes it even more interesting!

Cons

Since it is primarily a social media app that most of us use for leisure, Instagram can be really addicting. Sometimes you open your phone to do some important work but end up scrolling Instagram instead. If you can control your addiction with the app, you can put it to great use! Moreover, their customer support isn't satisfactory at all. I haven't received the reels feature on my account even though it's been months since Instagram launched it. I have written to them countless times about it, yet there has been no response or certifications. There is no email id or phone number provided by them, and the only way of reaching out to them, i.e., 'help' section of your account, doesn't work either.

Instagram.

Instagram is the primary social media paltform that I mostly use now a days. I use it majorly to see the pictures and short videos of friends and family and get a glimpse of thier daily life, especially those who are living far away.

Pros

Instagram is amoung the most popular social media applications. It is primarily a photo sharing app, though you can also share text and videos posts on it. It also allows you to share stories with your friends, that unlikely regular posts disappears after a day. You can also avail Instagram Messenger to send messages to your insta contacts and allows you to unsend your messages whenever you want. It offers a lot of filters to apply to your photos along with a lot of other photo editing tools. You can share and watch long videos on its InstagramTV feature. Apart from socializing, Instagram is also widely used by entrepreneurs and big brands equally to expand their business and reach to mass audience.

Cons

Instagram hosts a lot of interesting content due to which sometimes a person indulge too much in it that he loses track of time while scrolling through it.

I can't believe it's free!!

I really like Instagram, it's one of my favorite social media. I love how easy is to find places to go, information about different topics, even educate yourself since there are many educational accounts out there. i love how anyone can share their passions, a lot of people are amazing at painting and they get to share their creations with their followers, some others dance, others may write... it's a plataform full of different things and that's what make it special

Pros

I like how you can capture your best moment with or without filter. You can make boomerangs, take videos and photos and also go live if there's something you want to share with anyone who follows you. Also, I like how you can connect with people all around the world; you can see different locations, discover places and even go and search of certain words in Hashtags and see not only pictures but accounts that helps you to learn more about any topic you want. I can't get enough of Instagram

Cons

Maybe that you can't send stickers like in WhatsApp, but you can send gifs and other type of stickers so it isn't that bad

Instagram.. Let others have a glimpse of your life..

I spend quite a good portion of my me time surfing Instagram alsmost every day. It's very useful to have a platform dedicated to exhibiting or sharing our pictures and short videos, which are usually accompanied by small captions. I prefer Instagram also because of the face that it doesn't have that much political content that we see on FB or twitter.

Pros

Instagram, in my opinion, is the best platform to connect with the rest of the globe. Instagram currently has a high number of users, owing to the fact that it is a simple and effective way to communicate with others. Not only is Instagram quickly evolving, but it has also been releasing new features that are quite spectacular, such as IGTV, highlights, reels, and other features that have been a huge success. It also helps freelancers and content creators to earn money for their work.

Cons

Instagram for most people becomes addictive, and they end up spending way more time on it. Also it shows a lot of ads but that is ok as this is what keeps it free for public.

A fun and classy way of connecting socially

As an organization, we have been using Instagram for publicity and as a way of engaging with our audience. In as much as it functions well with enough data or a stable internet connection. The posts have a wider reach especially for those who are in a similar niche as ours. Over time I have been able to connect to like minded professionals based on the posts that I put up. The software is classy and helps give our posts a sophisticated look.

Pros

It has beautiful photos and videos that I can share on Facebook and my whatsapp status. It has up-scaled my advocacy efforts as I have been able to reach more audience within my niche which is mental health. Since I use art and music as my tools of advocacy, as a team we have been able to reach out to organizations that do similar work like we do, which is a bit hard with Facebook or even Twitter. It is easier to reach out to celebrities on Instagram than on Facebook or Twitter. The Multi account feature has allowed me to run both a personal account and official account on the same app, which helps in sharing information across profiles. Ever since I upgraded to a professional user profile, my posts have a wider reach.

Cons

One cannot add links to articles as it lacks the hyperlink feature. Very long posts cannot be posted as captions on photos, which is not an issue on Facebook. This has limited me when posting articles on our mental health advocacy efforts, especially when the story is too long beyond the required limit. Gaining followers is not easy, especially, when you are not a celebrity. I have stuck with the same number of followers for a long time.

Small Boutiques MUST Have

I think that, without instagram, I wouldn't be able to reach some of the people that I have worked with. I am able to interact with people all over the world and all they have to do is double-tap on my picture. I can post about content, a personal post, ask for people's opinions, and so much more. I truly think that, if a small business is going to invest time in a social media app, it should be instagram.

Pros

Instagram is incredibly easy to use and very user-friendly. They keep adding new features on a regular basis that continues to improve upon the app itself and, as long as you pay attention, they will absolutely make a difference. A boutique shop of any kind; jewelry, makeup, clothing, customization of shoes, etc, that doesn't have an instagram account that they regularly post on is doing a disservice...

Cons

Something that irritated me personally was the limit on hashtags. You can only hashtag 30 things. If you have a unique shop, you want to be able to be found as easily as possible and with the ability to reach anyone who may have interest. I sometimes use my desktop for instagram to reply to messages but that's really all I can do. There is no posting feature for the desktop. That's just a small pet peeve of mine. Links posted in comments or posts are not hyperlinked and you can't copy/paste them. Super annoying for content creators that are promoting a new article.

Instagram.. Its fun to share your moments with family and friends.

I use Instagram almost everyday for quite a bit of my free time. Its good to have a platform desicated to Picture and short video sharing, usually with small captions. Also what I love the most about it is the fact that you don't get too much political posts here like other social media platforms.

Pros

Instagram is a good space to connect with your friends and share your photos and short videos with them or see what they've uploaded. You can also share long videos on Its IGTV features. It also give you the ability to go live with friends or share stories with them that disappear after 24 hours of upload. It has a huge user base and you get a lot of celebrities and influencers here to follow and get...

Cons

It shows a lot of ads. Also sometimes you get so indulged in scrolling down that you lose track of time and end up spending more time on it.

Big platform for self development and business

Must have website for self development and it has professional use

Pros

I am a fashion photographer, a photo editor ,saleswoman and a graphic designer too , i need this famous platform for many aspects to promote my posts of model portfolios, edited pics , graphics and so on. Its a big platform because india' big celebraties, famous people,well established business firms,rich people or anyone who have the weak or strong business roots is available here which makes easy to be noticible by load of traffic.. just by using tags in our posts we get noticed, we can promote our work by other ways too like to posts in groups or people's posts to show what you have got as talent . Its a must software everyone have and should have these days.

Cons

What i dnt like in mobile app is its crop feature while submitting photo. Where it cuts edges ,i disheartingly removes edges which is not done . As a photograph is all about an impression seen in a full pic .its affects a little but yes affects the vision of viewer according to me And i dnt like web instagram for the reason its hard to submit photo post there without tricks. Instagram is all about photos.. submission option should be there on web instagram

Be cautious on Instagram

Instagram has been a lifeline for me throughout the pandemic, it gave me an outlet to express my creativity and to get involved with a wonderful community and to learn many things about setting up your own business, and of course like any other software it takes time and sit backs, but the community on Instagram if you happen to reach out to the right people, I'm more than happy to give you advice. I had to learn the hard way to research companies on Instagram before you hand over money. Overall, Instagram has brought something out in me that I never knew I had.

Pros

Instagram can be a remarkable tool for anyone who has very little knowledge of technology to someone who is extremely familiar with it. It's a place where you can find out more about products and how other people feel about them and you're getting it first hand and you're able to ask questions back. It's a tool to help you start up your own business, it's a place filled with ideas and people who are just like you. The opportunities on Instagram are endless.

Cons

The cons to Instagram, is it so easy for people to set up fake websites and if you're unfamiliar with Instagram, you may find yourself out of money. Because there are swindlers on Instagram, that are taking advantage of honest people who are trying to create something wonderful and using it to their advantage. I feel more needs to be done to protect the software from hackers.

Instagram a primary social media

Instagram has been a primary social network at least for me that I use everyday, and I don't see me stopping. I like how it is simple and allows me to have a platform to unwind and escape the world for a moment. Over time, I noticed that Instagram is becoming increasingly commercial, and I don't like the algorithms as I feel like I am missing out. Overall, I understand that why Instagram decides to make these decisions and I am generally happy with the software.

Pros

I have always loved the idea of the UI design of instagram. The fact that it is one continuous scroll allows easy navigation and just a simple social experience while still allowing room for features such as direct messaging and stories. I particularly like how it has become more conscious over time, like giving reminders and warnings for misinformation or about current social situations.

Cons

I feel like it is changing too often. I feel like every update is very drastic and just sudden. Instagram should test new UI designs first before making it live, I remember Instagram once changed the UI design to swiping to change the tabs and everyone hated it, so I guess it is best if they keep things nice and simple as possible. also, bring back chronological orders of posts, I hate missing out on my following's pots because of the algorithm.

Very interactive and easy to use.

Instagram is an excellent platform for personal and business use. It went from simple photo publishing software to advertising and promotion software, from real life and business. Full of user and own content, with interactive and fun tools, which you can take with you wherever you want, as it is a mobile app that fits in the palm of your hand and pocket, in addition to bringing you closer to those you love, friends, and meeting people close to you and distant, in addition to approaching that favorite artist if you want too.

Pros

Instagram has interesting and fun filters available when uploading images, this is good for low quality images or to improve quality. The option of light and dark mode that Instagram has is very attractive. Historys become a lot of fun thanks to the various filter options and with the option to add sounds and music, as well as the option of close friends, I can create my own list of friends from whom...

Cons

For better quality of use, only by the mobile app. The web version of Instagram is more unstable, has few functions and is not as interactive as the mobile version. It is of good use in wifi networks but with mobile internet it consumes a lot of data. The stories and posts are great, but sometimes the ads are annoying. It would be nice if you had the option to edit / delete the first photo, since unfortunately you either have to delete everything or post all the stories again. Some images uploaded when viewing, end up being cropped by Instagram if it doesn't fit the required size, not allowing the image to be published completely.

Is Instagram for me?

Pros

As someone who values time and like to have control over how it is spent each day, I constantly wondered if Instagram was for me. I now find myself loving and using Instagram for a variety of reasons. For business purposes, It helps me to track trends and connect with potential clients through the use of a business account and by utilizing the hashtag feature. It helps me to locate clients who are...

Cons

There really isn't anything I did not like, my experience has bee amazing as Instagram satisfy my social and business needs.

InstaEverything

I have had a great overall experience with Instagram being able to share my thoughts, ideas, and time with others that I love. Being able to connect is great and being able to have a collection of your memories in one spot is amazing! A lot of fun to reminisce. I have many friends who have used Instagram as a platform for their voices as well as products and have had a lot of success using this application. Instagram has given me a profitable photo album.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that you’re able to share anything, search anything, and connect with just about anyone. This application has brought together not only people, but the visual representation of their experiences within their lives as well.

Cons

What I like least about this software is a large issue when it comes to the internet alone. There are a vast array of people on the site which means some comments may not be so nice. I believe if you stray from negative profiles and people, there isn’t much to worry about as with almost any program.

Fun for personal use and a great marketing tool for business

I have found Instagram to be a good source for discovering new businesses that I’m Interested in. When I follow a business page, Instagram suggests similar pages you might want to follow. So, if used correctly, Instagram could be a great resource for reaching new customers/clients and growing your email list.

Pros

We use Instagram to post social media graphics and utilize the Instagram Shop feature. I linked our Instagram store to our Facebook and Instagram accounts and first imported our products to Facebook to set up a shop on that page. Note: Since Instagram is now owned by Facebook, you can easily link your Instagram account to your Facebook business page and automatically post to both accounts with the...

Cons

My biggest complaint about Instagram is that they don’t let you add links to your posts. You can add a description to the pictures/videos you post, and you can add a URL in the post, but the URL is not clickable. So people viewing your post would have to copy the link, open a new browser tab, and paste the URL there to open the web page. Most people are not going to take the effort to do that. You can add one link in your Instagram account - to the profile section. So you could potentially switch out that link to send people to a different landing page when promoting a different product or service, inform followers in your new posts about what you are promoting, and instruct them to click the link in the profile. But it makes the whole process much more difficult and annoying.

Bitter sweet experience with Instagram

We put a lot of efforts into our accounts. I have a food account and a language account and I dedicate a lot of time to enrich them in order to help others. Now, I worry one day Instagram will decide my account is restricted for no reason. I am seriously considering slowing down on my use of Instagram and switching to youtube.

Pros

It is practical, easy to use, fun and very interactive. You do not need to have a computer to use Instagram, I use my phone to upload most of my posts and to keep my feeds constant.

Cons

1. It would be great to be able to reorder our posts as we want. One of my instagram accounts has educational content and sometimes I prefer to reorder the post. I know there are other apps that can be integrated to Instagram for that purpose. However, I am a busy person and believe in practicality. I do not want to be relying on other apps. I love Pinterest because of that. I can organize my posts...

Revisión de instagram

En Instagram puedo grabar los mejores momentos de la vida, puedo almacenar mis fotos de forma segura, comunicarme con amigos y clientes, es una herramienta muy útil en los negocios. Todo lo que busco por una opinión o producto lo encuentro en Instagram.

Pros

No hay duda de que Instagram es la nueva red social de la época. La aplicación en sí tiene un diseño simple, y disfruto desplazándome por las publicaciones de mis amigos, así como encontrando nuevos lugares interesantes a través de ubicaciones etiquetadas. Me gusta porque es seguro, práctico, fácil de usar y rico en contenido. En él puedo hacer videollamadas, ver la vida de mis seguidores y comunicarme con el mundo.

Cons

Realmente me gusta Instagram, pero a veces lo encuentro deficiente en comparación con los sitios de redes sociales como Facebook, que parecen ofrecer un universo mucho más grande en términos de características. Aunque conectarse con amigos es una hazaña fácil en la aplicación, encuentro que el alcance más allá de esto es algo difícil de acceder. La función de búsqueda es monótona y los comentarios carecen de filtrado y organización.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Une application plus utilisée que Facebook

Instagram est devenu un Facebook plus moderne et où on va à l'essentiel. Le système pour rester en contact avec vos amis et famille est le même mais ce sont les photos et les petites stories(courtes vidéos filmées) qui sont plus mis en avant. C'est également très addictif de lire les commentaire et le nombre de like si le but premier est de vous mettre en avant ou pour présenter une passion ou un projet. Il faut bien sur rester vigilant aux faux compte mais dans l'ensemble c'est un très bon moyen de communication.

Pros

Instagram est une application sociale très utilisée par les utilisateurs de smartphones dans le monde entier. Si vous posséder un compte Facebook, vous pouvez directement créer un compte Instagram, sans passez par un formulaire d'inscription. Extrêmement pratique dans la réalisation de photos et de courtes vidéo qui se supprime au bout de 24h, ce qu'on appelle des "stories". On peut également rajouter...

Cons

Les lives ou les messages vocaux que vous pouvez envoyer en messages privé sont limité par un temps: -Live +/- 45 min (passé ce délai, ça coupe et vous devez relancer un live) -message vocale: 1 min Ce qui peut-être un problème avec de longues conversations (débat). D'ailleurs au niveau des messages vocaux vous n'avez pas la possibilité de vous réécouter, pour savoir si le son est bon et audible...

Showing original review in French. See translation