WooCommerce Reviews

4.51/5 (207 reviews)

Anonymous

Best eCommerce for WordPress hands-down, but prepare to pay for most customizations

Reviewed 2018-09-16

When it comes to choosing the right eCommerce platform for WordPress, it's the most rock-solid, safest choice for any long term use based on my experience from over a dozen store launches. - The plugin is frequently updated, compatible and tightly integrated with WordPress (as WooCommerce was purchased by WordPress' parent company in 2015) - The core WooCommerce plugin is freely available to install, which would work for many small, generic storefronts. - Offers the largest selection of third-party plugins/extensions available for WordPress ecommerce. - Wide out-of-the-box support with popular third-party WordPress themes. - Relatively easy and fast to set up, with good documentation; offers a few free starter themes via the WooCommerce store. - If you're willing to pay, WooCommerce can do just about anything and integrates with almost anything. - The WooCommerce core plugin is built mostly barebones (using extensions to add functionality), which brings better speed and less bugs. - Good customer service support and detailed documentation for their paid WooCommerce add-on extensions. - Offers very powerful Zapier support (requires a paid add-on). I've never had any point where I've considered using another online store platform with WordPress, or even one of the many non-WordPress hosted ecommerce website subscription solutions.

Anonymous

Built multiple online stores and was always to make it meet the needs of my clients.

Reviewed 2018-03-16

I have been able to build, and more specifically custom tailor, multiple online stores for a variety of clients with relative ease.I love that Woocommerce is on Wordpress, and that it supports third-party plugins. They offer a slew of plug-ins themselves. This enables you to build in the features you want, and not have very much added bulk and useless features taking up space on your server. It's almost ridiculously simple 90% of the time, with little need for assistance. On the rare occasion that you might need it, they have a lot of documentation for the program itself as well as their plug-ins. Their customer service is helpful the majority of the time. For a while they would take 1-2 days to reply to an email, and only had email support as an option, but in the past 6-12 months they added live chat and made the experience 100% better. They've even stepped up their game in being more proactive about their support than they used to be also. If you want to have complete control over the look, feel, and data of your site, I highly recommend that you go with Woocommerce.

Mike Margol

Powerful E-commerce Interface

Reviewed 2018-02-20
Review Source: Software Advice

We've enjoyed WooCommerce during the last few years and have found it to be a solid e-commerce solution for our business. The system continues to improve and grow and we would recommend it to any companies looking for a powerful, customizable platform from which to launch their online sales and manage their customer base. WooCommerce forms the backbone of our e-commerce website and we've been using it for around five years at this point. It handles a high quantity of orders with ease and its customization options are so far-reaching that if you can dream of a plugin for the system, it probably already exists or is under development somewhere (this may have something to do with its integration into Wordpress). Recently, we've been utilizing the Subscriptions feature to more accurately manage our customers' accounts, and this feature is particularly useful for recurring transactions. Coupons are easy to create and keep track of and WooCommerce can also be linked to external systems for more accurate monetary calculations and other relevant business features.

Darrin Wu

WooCommerce enables almost anyone to create an online store quickly and cheaply

Reviewed 2018-04-25

WooCommerce is invaluable in helping me deploy an online store, and it has all the features I need run it well (in conjunction with numerous third party plugins). It is always updated, easy to manage, and does not require too much server resources. Best of all, the cost of running a WooCommerce store is much less than other professional platforms of a similar nature.What can I say about WooCommerce? It is the best DIY solution for anyone wanting to create a store online of their own - and on their own. And if you don't want to DIY, there are plenty of people offering to do it for you at very low cost. What is great about WooCommerce is it integrates seamlessly with WordPress and the basic functionality in order to makes sales is totally FREE. Of course, if you want to enhance your store and have a really professional-looking one, there are so many plugins/themes both free and paid, that can help you achieve that. And not only that, WooCommerce is always updated so that it stays secure and cutting edge. Everything you need to build a store online is already available in WooCommerce.

Megan McBride

Best Shopping Cart

Reviewed 2017-10-16

We saved tens of thousands by using Woocommerce to build our online site. We make sales daily thru it and are able to design and setup the site exactly to fit our needs. Woocommerce is free and easy to use, so as a business owner I was able to take the time to learn how to use it and create my own website with Wordpress and Woocommerce. I have no web design background, but was able to learn thru google and helpful articles and videos. As a platform, Wordpress is built to be easy to use and have made it simple for developers to create and sell useful plugins. Woocommerce is a great add-on to Wordpress and has allowed me and others to create beautiful and effective shopping carts. If we had to pay someone to custom create and maintain a site for us it would have been tens of thousands of dollars.

Alphonsus Tay

WooPOS is the best POS software on the market for Woocommerce !

Reviewed 2018-11-05

If you have a retail business and are looking to link it to an ecommerce platform, WooPOS is the best solution on the market. Prior to using WooPOS I tried web based POS systems on the market such as "WooCommerce Point of Sale (POS)" by actualityextensions and "WooCommerce POS" by kilbot, only to find the them lacking in features, slow and prone to crashing. Having used WooPOS for over a year, I find the software reliable, frequently updated and a key part of bringing my brick and mortar business into the eCommerce space. - Full featured POS software with everything our previous POS station had and more. - Highly configurable allowing for a tailored user experience. - Follows industry best practices, which initially seemed annoying and unnecessary but much appreciated down the line, when generating reports or tracking stock. - Robust documentation and Excellent email support. Always helpful with problem solving and developers actively deliver on newly requested features. - Reasonably priced with no hidden fees.

Matthew Montgomery

Super powerful and designed for use for Wordpress and it works great in the software it was written

Reviewed 2017-12-02

Its a great, powerful peice of software, makes for a very flexible and complete store. But you need to pay to get their, other competitors already offer the options in a monthly paid format and include phone support. But those are different models. Its working for this client and I'm glad they are happy. I would consider it again, but perhaps a little closer eye on the yearly cost.I had a client who needed a store and wanted me to build it an host it. Since I use wordpress for all my sites I'd already known about woocommerce. Its allowed me to build a very flexible, powerful store that can do almost anything I ask of it, as long as my client can continue to pay for the yearly renewals.

Abdilhadi Jeragh

POS with woocommerce

Reviewed 2018-11-04

WooPOS is the only system that we found that helped us to work offline with normal POS software, and on the same time integrate with our Woocommerce online store. moving inventory between online and offline stores is very easy. it reduce the duplicate works that we used to do when publishing new products.Powerful support with many POS features. easy integration with woocommerce. flexible with acceptable price license model. support Arabic language and can be translated easily. have sandbox training view to play around with system with risk free. multiple reports available and can be exported to excel easily. have multiple currencies that can be used for payments. can generate Purchase orders, quotes and layaway invoices. include vendor and customer management databases. can see historical transactions per customer or products. can customize few screens and have quick lunch buttons.

Yaroslav Kozak

The best e-commerce solution with the monopoly in the field (which is being well used)

Reviewed 2018-05-21

*UI The looks of the Woo are getting better after each new release (happens very often) and their team is doing a lot to bring the best to the customers. *Out of the box features When you install Woo and and have in mind to create a simple shop fast - Woo can help you do just that in a matter of minutes. All you need is to follow simple guidance and in few hours you can start selling.

Leola Smith

Wonderful simple and effective software.

Reviewed 2018-06-15

I was impressed by how I was able to create a customized solution for my client, which has very diverse shipping parameters, including different products, different box sizes, different shipping locations and more. I can easily edit any part of our site from the home page to the Buy button. I also like to work to publish beautiful content and create a powerful brand. I like the way to control all my clients. I have the ability to manage the tax account. Also, I like to work on the installation and a simple way to change everything I need there, i also love not having to collect information from the credit card, but I can simply integrate Amazon Pay and Paypal. It creates less responsibility for me and my business at the same time that it allows consumers to shop online safely. Another good part is that you will get the WooCommerce developers at the most economical rate compared to other e-commerce solutions and there are many developers available online.

Eric Rima

WooCommerce is a great shopping cart solution for WordPress Users

Reviewed 2017-12-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Open source software offers the benefit of lower cost than most commercial software and a majority of websites are developed using WordPress, which is one of the most widely used open source content management systems. WooCommerce is consistently rated among the top shopping cart solutions for WordPress. As a professional web developer it is my "Go To" e-commerce solution for my customers who are using WordPress. You can have a great looking site done in a day.Ease of installation, Huge number of add-on modules. Numerous payment gateways. Easy to integrate shipping. Ability to generate product feeds for Google Adwords, Amazon, and Bing shopping.

Mitch Morris

Fantastic, but do the math first

Reviewed 2018-03-20
Review Source: Software Advice

I love WooCommerce and often recommend it, but that recommendation always comes with caveats about the unseen costs and troubles. It may seem like the best solution but it might not always be the best solution. It also integrates easily with Printful, which is always a plus for me.WooComerce is my favorite WP shop so far. The basic plug in offers almost everything most shops needs to get up and running and it offers enough free upgrades to make your shop feel pretty complete.

Scott Booth

One of the most customizable ecommerce addon

Reviewed 2018-07-18

What makes Woocommerce greatis the fact that it is higly cutomizable. WIth your every need it can exceed your expectations by far. Built for speed and custom it is another great tool to work with as a designer. The easy to install and manage make it for users ideal for small and large shops. You can manage a multi store from the same dashboard and start making some severe changes. It integrates perfectly with other plugins and apis

Joan Vilanova Garcia

Easy to use, great results

Reviewed 2018-03-14

Good software, useful as well as easy. It's only use is to sell things through a web page and it does it very well.It is so easy to use and to integrate in your webpage using wordpress. It allows you to easily create a digital selling platform that will make your business easier to manage, since you will receive an email every time someone buys through Woocommerce. Plus, there are a lot of integrations you can add on it, and you can even allow payments to be done with PayPal or safety payments with credits card, etc.

Jason Janes

If you are using Wordpress as your CMS, this is the E-Commerce solution for you.

Reviewed 2018-12-15

WooCommerce is pretty much the defacto standard for E-Commerce if you are using Wordpress for your CMS (Content Management System). WooCommerce is owned by Automattic which is the parent company of Wordpress so there is no danger of your E-Commerce provider ever shutting down.The code for the plugin will always be improved and patched for security exploits. There are Thousands of add on plugins for WooCommerce, if you need a certain functionality for your shopping cart or online catalog there is almost certainly a plugin to provide that functionality. In the rare case you couldn't find the perfect plugin there is an abundance of very proficient woo commerce programmers that custom code your solution.

My go-to ecommerce plugin

Reviewed 2018-01-12

Woocommerce has made it so much easier for me to set up an ecommerce website for clients, saving me loads of time.This plugin has the ability to do most anything you need with an e-commerce website. We've integrated it several ways into sites for ourselves and for clients. From subscriptions, digital products, to shipping products... woocommerce has been able to do it all for us.

Waseem Sader

The best eCommerce software in the world!

Reviewed 2018-02-27
Review Source: Software Advice

I've been using WooCommerce for many years and it's always my go-to software for any project eCommerce related.- It's FREE - Insanely powerful - can be used for a little shop or a massive store with 100's of products - Integrates with almost any software you can think off - Highly customizable - The WooCommerce community is huge and help is just a quick Google search away

Anonymous

Hands down the easiest shopping plugin around.

Reviewed 2018-12-08

I left Weebly because the Ecommerce options were getting out of control price-wise. I needed something simple, affordable, and easy to maintain. WooCommerce hit all those buttons. I was able to get my author store up and running fairly quickly, the options are easy to understand. It's built from the ground up to be effective for all users and easy to hop right into as a newbie. There are tons of add-ons for it, anything you need, you can likely find already custom made.

Kevin Williams

The Best Way To Get Paid On Your Wordpress e-commerce store

Reviewed 2018-09-11

So many plugins that makes the end-user and administrator happy. You can get complete analytics for sales, abandoned carts, and integrate custom email campaigns with Woocommerce. Set up is easy with a low learning curve as when you first install the plugin it immediately shoots you into a quick start setup. There are tons of tutorials online that make Woocommerce more efficient as well as resolving issues a snap.

Peter Bloeme

Great Shopping Software

Reviewed 2017-06-08

WooCommerce is an excellent and full featured "free" mature online store plugin for Wordpress. While, out of the box, there are many features that are lacking, it is fairly easy to find whatever add ons you feel are necessary for your store. While the plugin is free, for a custom store experience, you will need to purchase some, or a bunch of, additional plugins. I consider this a positive as you can customize your store and shopping experience to your heart's desire.

James Bishop

Woocommerce is a great product that turns any Wordpress site into an online store with a click.

Reviewed 2018-07-13

WooCommerce has enabled me to set up sales online with very little knowledge of how to do it, or where to start. The cost is low and the support is great. With woo commerce I've started bringing in over average in sales and it keeps growing. Woocommerce worked "out of the box" and I was able to set up selling immediately. I've found it to be robust enough for a new seller, with limited experience. And it's been relatively easy on the front-facing side for customers as well.

steve jacob

Wordpress developer, using plugin, helps a lot.

Reviewed 2019-03-11
Review Source: Software Advice

I am a wordpress developer and crafting E-commerce websites with the help of Woocommerce plugin from a while. Woocommerce is very easy to set up, you can add many payment methods and manage all the sales of your store from the dashboard. It doesn't have any security issues as I have never came across any.

Steven Silva

We handle all of our customer orders through WC now, and it's mostly issue free

Reviewed 2017-10-10

We use it daily to handle all of our customer orders, from payment through order fulfilment and shipping. It's helping us streamline our process and handle orders efficiently.Fairly straightforward to use once you get the hang of the order fulfilment process. It has the add-ins we need such as USPS which helps us streamline our process a bit. It's still a bit tedious to fill orders, but it's getting better the more we learn and the more we functionality we enable.

Jonathan Holdsworth

The blank slate for the best in the industry

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Its the best, it has the best tools to price to ease ratio out. Its so stable, well built, FREE and powerful. Its a real barebones solution but you can have a store up and running within hours without having to pay Wix, Squarespace or any other fools a monthly fee. If you think that is great you should see the plugin library.

Anonymous

Easily the best self hosted shopping cart

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Woocommerce is easily the best tool for building a self hosted webstore. It's basis on wordpress allows for a great and easily accessible API, so you can quickly integrate it into your own apps. The system includes so many payment gateway integrations and addons for ticket sales, downloads and anything else you may need.