WooCommerce Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.61/10

See full reviews by rating

The best part for me is that woocommerce is free providing an excellent e-commerce environment for fresh users containing a variety of different features.
I can only recommend WooCommerce as the simplest and the best solution that saves you thousands of dollars in development.
All in all, it is the single best shopping solution for Wordpress. I used it on a few websites that I made and I loved it mainly because it was very easy and quick to set up.
My overall experience was extremely frustrating and disappointing.
A bit limited in functionality and if you need additional plugins it can end up being quite costly and complex to mantain updates.

WooCommerce users...

Wix

BigCommerce-logocaret
+ 4

BigCommerce

How would you rate WooCommerce?

Chase M.

Product Manager

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

WooCommerce User Review

Transcript

Chase M.: Hi, I'm Chase, the owner of a branding and marketing firm. And I give WooCommerce a five out...

Low cost solution for e-commerce on Wordpress

Transcript

Cameron: My name is Cameron and I'm a web designer. And my review of WooCommerce is four out of five....

WooCommerce is good for your ecommerce business

Woocommerce is good for ecommerce entrepreneurs. It is very easy to use and understand.

Pros

It is easy to use. Inventory management is great. You can easily integrate other softwares that will make your ecommerce site fully functional.

Cons

So far, I really do not have any issues with woocommerce. They are doing a great job.

Woocommerce is OK for the price - needs a lot fo plugins and customizations

Overall with sourcing the right plugins it works. Part fo the WC challenge is trying to be all things to all people. As a result, there are too many settings when we don;t need them and not enough when we do need those features!

Pros

The price is manageable (i.e. less than $200 /yr) and, if you understand Wordpress, can be implemented relatively quickly. Greater customizations require more plugins (or snippets) to make it work for more unique situations. (We sell courses and use additional plugins to achieve the end platform.)

Cons

Like most Wordpress plugins, when you get into trouble with a problem, there is 'some' support available but not reliable. Ultimately it is a cost / benefit trade-off. We use WC because for the price it is a reasonable solution.

A Powerhouse eCommerce Platform for WordPress

Started developing eCommerce websites back in 1998 and things have come on a long way. I'm not sure why it took me so long to try Woocommerce although it is a pleasure to use. Simple to set up a store and filled with features that will make your online store have all the bells and whistle. A must for eCommerce in my opinion.

Pros

Simple to install and a doddle to use. Beautifully crafted piece of software that anyone can get there heads around. Excellent documentation, tutorials and how-to guides all over the web. The people behind Woocommerce care.

Cons

Woocomerce have loads of plugins that they charge some hefty prices for, although this is probably understandable as the main platform is totally free. I still feel they might be able to do something on their pricing or offer membership packages.

Easy and Professional E-commerce Plugin

I have used Woocommerce in my client's projects. Whenever I get any customer related to the online store, then I prefer to use Woocommerce using the Wordpress content management system. The themes I have used in these websites are really good looking and professional. There are lots of free and paid themes we can find on different websites. So my overall experience with this amazing plugin is incredible.

Pros

Using Woocommerce you can create simple, grouped, affiliate and variable products. If you are going to add a product with different specifications, then the variable product option is awesome. If you are going to start your own affiliate website, then you can try the affiliate product option. Woocommerce gives full features like you can see the order details in the WordPress dashboard, customer details, and everything. According to my e-commerce experience, woo-commerce is the easiest and professional plugin to design an E-commerce website.

Cons

Sometimes when we want to show the products in specific pages of our website with specific and unique options, then Woocommerce gives few code options, that we can use for this purpose. According to my point of view, the solution should be in the front-end of the dashboard instead of the back-end of the website like in the editor of WordPress. All other things of Woocommerce are awesome and easy.

Free and easy!! My first choice..

My overall experience is, as well as for developers and beginners it's the best plugin. It's an easy to use full package and the most important thing is, it's free. You can personalize your online store as you wish because woocommerce is a complete package that can fulfill most of your requirements.

Pros

After more than two years of experience I’m glad to say, woocommerce is still my first choice when I go to make an online store. It’s user friendly and handy from the very first time so even beginners with basic knowledge can use. It saves me lot of time and it’s free! Especially in these pandemic times lot of shop owners wants to reach their customers via internet. For my opinion, to transform your website to an online store with this plugin is just a piece of cake! And that’s my experience as well. Not only that, you can make your own dropshipping website or store and woocommerce will full fill all your requirements. Controlling the orders and shipments, managing the products, update and maintenance of the store with this plugin is very easy.

Cons

After all it’s free and complete plugin, disadvantages are very few. The only thing That I found is, the number of several third party plugins I had to use. If they can reduce these by adding them, that’ll be a big win.

Anyone can affort to launch an ecommerce website

I've been using woocommerce for a long time now. I built some e-commerce websites myself using woocommerce and supervised a team of developers building sites on top of woocommerce. There wasn't a feature we couldn't implement through the addition of plugins

Pros

It's a very easy to setup, it's free and can be expanded to include all the needed features for e-commerce. Woocommerce can be customized and extended with additional functionality using free or paid plugins.

Cons

Woocommerce lacks a bit in terms of managing a multi vendor store. You can still have this functionality by adding paid plugins however this feature is supposed to be embedded in the core of woocommerce

Useful Open-source E-commerce Solution

Personally Woocommerce has added additional functionality to a number of my websites with sufficient payment processing services. I likely would utilize this plugin again for my next site at some point since I have had fond memories about using the platform in general. I have used them for jewlery specifically and it has functioned with my site for near the entirety of its presence.

Pros

One of the Better Ecommerce Plugins that has supported a variety of my businesses that has not only deployed a well designed, minimal web store for me within the context of my own website, but has helped me retain revenue and sales in a manner that presents my work in a beautiful and clean manner

Cons

Not available in a standalone manner and must be used within the context of wordpress applications thus making it only available to wordpress users from my understanding.

Good, but with flaws

We use WooCommerce as the default web shop for all websites we make for our customers. As it is simple to set up we do not waste time creating custom products for smaller companies that only need a simple, cheap solution. It is also very easy to use so we have very little to do with those web shops once they are set up. It is a great plugin, and if parts of it weren't hidden behind high-price plugins, it would be perfect.

Pros

WooCommerce is a complete out-of-the-box solution. You install it, and it has basic functionality good enough to run a web shop. I also love the fact most professional themes come with WooCommerce support so it is very easy to create a visually attractive website with just a few clicks.

Cons

There are extensions upon extensions of functionality that are paid for. There are some functions that should be a part of WooCommerce itself that are locked behind extension paywalls. Some of them seem like a cash grab - like the ability to import or export products properly, or add product inquiry options. I ended up creating snippets of code that I use to circumvent those overly expensive plugins.

One of the best ecommerce platforms

Overall I think WooCommerce is great company with almost everything free on their e-commerce platform and I would recommend it to anyone looking to start a new online business.

Pros

This software was very easy to use and completely free. The design of the site was also very clean and modern which fit in with my logo. Also the software isn't really hard to learn. After one YouTube video I was all set and adding products to my store.

Cons

There aren't any cons I think of WooCommerce but there are some on WordPress which is what WooCommerce is installed on. Installing a WordPress server is very complicated and frustrating and I didn't understand any of the "techy" stuff. So I purchased WordPress hosting from a company named Easy WP for about $4/month and they installed the server and did everything for me so all I had to do was create my website and products. For non "techy" people like me I recommend purchasing something like this since it will be easier to get started.

WooCommerce Great from Start to Finish for Beginners or Enterprise

My overall experience with WooCommerce is as positive as can be, there are no issues wanting us to change from it.

Pros

Woocommerce helps to take your very first steps in eCommerce with ease and helps you grow. We started as a small business and have upgraded to an enterprise-level business still utilizing woocommerce.

Cons

WooCommerce has some learning curves but it's not an all-in-one solution to help from steps A-Z in the order fulfillment process. The cons are you do have to look into 3rd party integration for help, but all integrations connect seamlessly.

The Best ecommerce building platform ever

Pros

Woocommerce is very easy, you want an e-commerce website? nothing to worry about, just install woocommerce on your WordPress installation, and voila! You are good to go. Everything is super easy and the most important thing is it's improving daily, bringing new features every month. Thousands of third-party integration scope, highly customizable. It's awesome!

Cons

It doesn't pass transactions without an email ID, that's very bad. I mean there are add-ons using which phone login can be enabled and the email field can be made optional, but no option to put a null value for the email address field, which creates issues with payment gateways.

A good starting point to e-commerce

I've used WooCommerce for basic e-commerce websites and it make a good job for it. Managing products, orders and shipments is relatively easy. It is a really good and free option to test your e-commerce idea.

Pros

Woocommerce is easy yo user for Wordpress users. If you are a Wordpress user, you can easily implement Woocommerce and start your e-commerce business. It comes with a couple of basic templates and allows to add products and open your website very fast. Woocommerce runs robust and stable as a core WordPress plugin. Automatic updates keep the plugin at the latest version. It is very good for security issues. Default plugins are very basic but there are lots of great plugins for woocommerce. You can find a theme and plugin nearly for all of your customization needs.

Cons

Default themes and functions are very basic for an e-commerce operation. This means you have to add more themes and plugins. While there are lots of great themes on the market, useful ones should be very expensive. There should be inexpensive alternatives but there should be a risk involved them when it comes to security. It is possible to face performance and slowness issues if you installed lots of plugins to fulfill your needs.

WooCommerce is a free way for virtually anyone to sell products online.

The plugin works as advertised and is free. Once you get everything configured and up and running, it is generally reliable.

Pros

WooCommerce is free (and flexible) and comes with the basics to get you up and running with an online store.

Cons

Since WooCommerce is free, it seems to me that they handicap the plugin by providing just the minimum number of features to make it functional, and then offering to rent extensions to make it truly useful. And, the extensions they rent all have a yearly fee. FYI, many of the functions of their extensions can be found elsewhere for a one-time price which is usually less expensive than renting a similar extension from them.

The best tool to manage an online store

My experience with WooCommerce has been very good, I love that they have a mobile application and I can manage my store from my cell phone, plus they do not charge commission per sale which has helped us a lot because we sell a lot of products.

Pros

This tool is for me one of the most important in my day to day, I can manage my online store easily, upload my products, modify them, assign variations, it is very complete and works excellent.

Cons

It's hard to find something I don't like about this tool, but in terms of design, some Wordpress themes are not so compatible with WooCommerce, this makes it a bit slow to process data to advance to the next sections, something that doesn't happen in Shopify. But for me WooCommerce is the best tool.

It works for local food/beverage delivery business. (B2C)

Pros

It's easy to import/export data, including stock, customer, and delivery area. Also exported data works well with other software.

Cons

it would be nice if we could connect 2 separated websites (different languages and products) and handle duplicated stocks in one account.

Build Whatever You Want - Sell Whatever You Want

I've been using this to sell simple items, custom build items, and tickets to events.

Pros

This thing is so customizable its hard not to love it. You can sell anything from nuts & bolts to guitar lessons. You can add in whatever custom fields you need. You can expand the ease of use with the multitude of compatible plugins to solve shipping, invoicing, etc.

Cons

I'm a fairly DIY person, so I didn't mind hunting for solutions to my problems. However, I can see if folks are not inclined to be DIY about this they might be annoyed with the lack of documentation WITHIN Wordpress. However, there's tons of documentation available online as well as third-party plugins and support.

Wonders of Woocommerce

As a developer and marketing agency owner, I was able to increase scalability because woocommerce is open sourced & free to customize for each platform. I began from launching a free store for my brand eCommerce to now hosting multiple websites for many clients.

Pros

The amount of integrations in usefulness this program has is great for any beginning retailer, entrepreneur and storefront website.

Cons

Some features are unlockable and are behind a paywall that's why you end up having to use a CMS platform if you're not able to code/pay your way around certain integrations

Heaven for the Web Developers

I remember the days when I had no idea about developing eCommerce store, I was searching so some opensource eCommerce script for one of my client and accidently found WooCommerce. It was around 7 or maybe 8 years back. I installed and and started to explore the features, although at that time WooCommerce used to be only a base script but still I found it really very powerfull. Since then, I've been...

Pros

What I like most about WooCommerece is the single click installation in WordPress, Seamless integration and due to wide range of addons, WooCommerce can take your simple WordPress website to a full flash eCommerce store.

Cons

It's a free plugin that can transform your simple WordPress website to an eCommerce store so what else shall I expect more from them, how can I like anything least about WooCommerce? :)

The best, fastest and easiest way to get an online shop

With woocommerce I was able to have my own store and be able to offer products online, that certainly solved many things in my business because now I can offer them around the world

Pros

Woocommerce is for me, the best plugin that can exist. It allowed me to have my online store without much effort in an easy and fast way. What I like most is the amount of options available for the items you want to add, you can have items with different prices, presentations, sizes, etc. Another of the things I like most is the variety of payment methods that you can configure to offer your visitors and potential customers, from a credit card to online payment platforms. In one tool, you get everything you need to have a professional online store to offer your products in the world.

Cons

In general, woocommerce has everything you need and it is quite simple to configure and implement, however, there is only one thing that I would like to improve, the customization options in the store design can become so complicated that If you do not have knowledge of web development you can not have the design you want and you must comply with the one that comes by default or according to the template you choose.

The single best online store platform

Woocommerce is the best off-the-shelf ecommerce platform and powers all of our online stores.

Pros

Woocommerce is probably one of the most popular e-commerce plugins built soley for Wordpress. It is quick and easy to set up, add as many products and variations as you want. Support for catalogs and more. The inbuilt payment gateway is a nice touch.

Cons

There is a learning curve with the software and is not the most straight forward to use compared with Shopify. It severely lacks decent bulk editing which can make price increases across lots of variations a slow and loborious process.

Great Value For Those Just Starting Out

Overall my experience with woocommerce has been a good one. I have used it in the past on wordpress sites that I have setup and was completely with satisfied with its wide variety of custom themes, plugins, and support documents. When budget is a issue this my go to solution for for keeping monthly prices down while at the same time producing high quality stores that can compete in the marketplace against paid packages.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that its completely free unlike other similar solutions on the market. By providing a free solution for creating your e commerce site Woocommerce allows the site owner or developer to allocate their funds to more essential matters like marketing and promoting your site to draw in and gain a wider audience. Similar services on the market require monthly fees just to keep your online shop up and running which over time can prove detrimental to shop owners who are just starting out and may not have generated enough customers to keep the site afloat on its own. This is where woocommerce proves advantages over its competitors.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that by it not being a all in one solution, unforeseeable expenses may arise. For instance, other similar software packages include domain and website hosting already built in which eliminates the needs for searching and find the right hosting service that will offer the right amount of bandwidth and storage needs for your new shop.This simply isn't the case with Woocomerce where you are responsible for doing that critical research on your own.

Great eCommerce Solution For Wordpress, not always easy to implement

We use WooCommerce in a multilingual environment selling both memberships and event tickets. Configuration with these somewhat niche environments can be a challenge, particularly for a volunteer run organization.

Pros

This is an easy eCommmerce solution for Wordpress. It makes it quick an easy to add items, and control orders, as long as you don't have too many items.

Cons

The performance of the product is questionable. We are using it with WooCommerce WPML and there are some real performance concerns. With WPML and the Add-Ons plugin to extend the form capabilities reporting is also a challenge.

One of the best solution for independent eCommerce owners

Overall, this is the best in class premium ecommerce plugin for WordPress lovers. It's seamless in terms of order management, payment gateway and SEO based features. I would not recommend it if you have a pretty much budget for your product or have large order volumes, else it's expensive for you.

Pros

I loved their interface, which makes it the best option for a new business person to put their store online with very little hassle. I have even tried their inventory management option, where I can upload my products in bulk using excel or any other medium. Also, I can accept and integrate any internation currency payment gateway, which is just brilliant for a businessman to expand their ecommerce store.

Cons

Many times you need coding knowledge makes things more specialized as website became unusable and requires upgrade, and I need to put lots of money to make it work. Even add-ons are very expensive, which makes it a more premium option if you have lots of margins in your sells.

If you want to keep control

WooCommerce helped us set up the webshop we wanted. We created what we wanted, modifying every single bit to match our expectations. It was a coding-journey to some extent with some headaches as a result :). Looking back: it served us well for over 6 years, but for the newest update we did not went for Woocommerce again, but opted for Shopify.

Pros

We used Woocommerce for our first webshop. Coming from Wordpress, that we knew by heart, adding a webshop using woocommerce made sense. The fact that it integrates perfectly with Wordpress was the major reason. The flexibility the system allows is magnificent: you can create, alter themes, add or change code where and how you want. It gives you full control of your webshop. The many plugins made it sometimes easier instead of writing code from scratch yourself.

Cons

Finally, we did switch to Shopify. The main reason being the no-code promise. Although the flexibility is way higher with Woocommerce, the system remains (imho) an e-commerce focused extension of a blog platform in contrast with the shop-first approach of Shopify. We did not feel the need to be able to control every single bit, but mainly wanted a system that just works, out of the box. Although we had to adjust to the model of a monthly fee as opposed to a pure setup fee and small yearly fee for 1 plugin, the change was worth it. For those who need or want control, woocommerce works fine. If you just want a shop and can live with somewhat less flexibility: shopify beats woocommerce.

A Good Plugin To Build An E-Commerce Platform

I've used WooCommerce as a web developer for over 3 years to build online e-commerce platforms for clients.

Pros

It's free and open source. A strong community of developers and users so if you're trying something new there are high chances someone has already done it and created a tool or documentation on how to repeat it. WooCommerce is versatile and can be used for both physical and virtual goods.

Cons

For a small website or store that sells only virtual products, WooCommerce is bulky compared to alternatives. While it's functionality can be extended the plugins to achieve this tend to be on the expensive side for small stores that are just starting out.