WordPress Logo

WordPress

Website creation and publishing platform

WordPress Reviews

User ratings

4.6

14.4K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.63/10

See full reviews by rating

Great solution to build landing pages / small & big websites with low budget - but if you got the money the results will be amazing.
If you are a person who has many thoughts that you would like to publish or perhaps you like fashion and want to show that interest, then WorldPress is your best friend.
WordPress is really an amazing content management system, that allows you to build stunning and amazing websites within few hours.
We've found ourselves stalled out badly with problems at times because a theme or plugin had terrible support.
The biggest problem with WordPress is the lack of understanding that it is a blog software.
As a result, I'm forced to disapprove and delete spam comments individually, and when you get hundreds of these kind of spam comments each week, you can imagine that it can be frustrating.

14,401 reviews

Julie W.

Web Project Coordinator

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

The industry standard - making your website dreams a reality

Transcript

Julie W.: Hi, my name is Julie. I'm a project coordinator in the digital marketing industry, and I give...

Justin S.

DevOps Engineer

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Good for a free product, but watch that security

Transcript

Justin S.: Hi, I'm Justin, DevOps Engineer, and I give WordPress three out of five stars. For more reviews...

Luke H.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Wordpress is by far the best website platform and is highly customisable

I love Wordpress and there is no other platform like it!

Pros

I have used Wordpress for myself and my clients for the past 10 years. It's my preferred platform to build websites on due to the amount of customisation I can make, unlike other platforms such as Shopify which is a lot more difficult and costly. Wordpress feels like a platform where there are no limits to what you can do.

Cons

Woocommerce can be a bit expensive with plugins, but I can make customisations myself unlike Shopify. The dashboard could also do with a refresh to make it more friendly for clients to use. I have had a few websites that have been hacked over the years so I would like to see better security on Wordpress.

Patrik F.

WordPress review

My first experience with wordpress was more than 10 years ago. At that time, I needed to make a website for myself, which I finally managed to make for free (I only paid for hosting and a domain). Since then, I have already created several websites in wordpress for my clients.

Pros

This editor is free and you don't need to know html or cssA large number of free and paid templates start from just a few USDIt is possible to make a website/eshop this way for free or for just a few tens of dollarsHuge community of wordpress users worldwideLots of free plugins

Cons

Some plugins that would be useful are not free. Sometimes there is something that needs to be paid for.

AP

Alexandre Pierre C.

Internet, self-employed

Une solution de création de site web trop souvent utilisé

WordPress me permet de facilement créer des sites vitrines ou petite boutique E-commerce lorsque les besoins de fonctionnalisés et d'interface restent simples.

Pros

La prise en main de Wordpress reste simple : avec quelques base sur les fonctionnements d'un site web, on peut l'implémente rapidement sur un serveur. Quelques heures de configuration plus tard, on peut avoir un site vitrine de quelques pages pour présenter son activité.La prise en main est rapide, mais le plus gros atout reste le large écosystème de thème et de plugins permettant la personnalisation.

Cons

Le principale point faible de WordPress est sa popularité et sa simplicité, qui en font une solution trop souvent systématique.Beaucoup d'agence ou de développeur vont pousser un projet à se faire sur WordPress par "simplicité" mais du fait de l'évolution de chaque projet, ce n'est pas toujours une bonne solution.WordPress reste excellent dans le cadre des fonctionnalités de ses plugins et thèmes, mais devient rapidement compliqué dans le cadre de besoin sûr-mesure.

Showing original review in French. See translation

PK

Patrik K.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Wordpress for your website, ecommerce or what you need to do online

For example, when I have needed a system to only make material available to members, I have been able to build it quite easily with Wordpress. The company's website runs on Wordpress. E-commerce runs with Wordpress and WooCommerce. There are times when a special system works better than a Wordpress site, but the possibilities are great with Wordpress at a reasonable cost.

Pros

The biggest advantage of Wordpress is the open source software that has made it possible for you to find all kinds of building blocks that you could possibly need. You can build a complete e-commerce site for free and you can build a support site for your company without it costing you a penny. The possibilities with Wordpress are practically endless. Its prevalence also makes it easy to find qualified professional help at a reasonable cost.

Cons

The open, free system also means that you are expected to take care of everything yourself - or, hire the knowledge. So the threshold can be high for those who are not used to it, but help is available.

Pia C.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

WordPress is best for professionals

I had a Wordpress website for 5 years, it was great until I added e-commerce during covid and realised the website I had build was showing off the e-commerce to the best of its ability.

Pros

That there was so much you could do with it, if your a web developer and it is low cost.

Cons

Because I am not a developer I had to add to many addons to get it to work my way, which you then have to constantly update. Bugs appeared and it started making the website slow. The backend system is really complicated and very clunky when adding woocommerce to it.

Yassine o.

Design, 1-10 employees

Wordpress is the best way to build your personal or business website without breaking the bank

WordPress Helps me to easily build my stores and websites and run web design services for clients on a budget.

Pros

Ease of use and the number of plugins that were added recently, in addition to the tremendous development in Elementor Builder, which has become for me the best tool for creating websites easily by using themes and plugins through which I can easily create websites for myself or my clients while maintaining the aesthetic. Compared to other competitors, WordPress remains free, easy, uncomplicated, and gives you a lot of freedom.

Cons

Sometimes some updates may affect your website speed or look if the theme is not optimized for the update.

Orlando Q.

WordPress

Mi experiencia en general ha sido excelente, dejé Joomla porque este software me daba más recursos para mi trabajo.

Pros

La facilidad para trabajar con WordPress es lo que más me ha gustado realmente incleible.

Cons

Quizás a la hora de realizar cambios en ciertas líneas de código, necesitamos alguna herramienta que nos facilite mucho más este trabajo.

Samir H.

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

A Magic Tool!

A smooth experience!

Pros

I really enjoy the content editing and how simple it is.

Cons

It's definitely quite expensive but worth the price!

Tibor K.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

WordPress: easy to use app for websites

WordPress is an easy to use and one of the best known web designing application out there. It is recommended for any individual and small business

Pros

WordPress offers a free service and an easy to use designer page, it's straight forward and relatively easy to use even for those who don't know much about web designing, gives an option for individuals and even small businesses to be represented on the World Wide Web for free and quickly.

Cons

Limited customization, some important changes has to be done by tech support, not everything is accessible by the user.

Emmanuel E.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Wordpress

My overall experience was fantastic i love wordpress

Pros

The customizable templates & content management are intresting features to use also all the features are user friendly & easy to use,.customer intergration is also easy using this software

Cons

features to be improved are the drag & drop features & landing page features this will help increase the building & sales ability of the software also not making customer intergration difficult.

Romaric S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Wordpress

WordPress helps me to maintain a nice & smooth web design experience and enables me to remain responsive as per meeting up with our client's project expectations. It's really a nice CMS and I highly recommend it to every web design aspirant.

Pros

WordPress is the most flexible and easy-to-work-with CMS I've used so far. I tried out other alternatives like Drupal and others, but WordPress makes the entire web-building experience easy.The tool is beginner friendly and supports a lot of third-party plugins which broadens its functionality, making my designs look great.There are many documents (provided by wordpress.org) for beginners who are just getting started and kin of help to minimize the apprenticeship process.I can't emphasize enough the flexibility I have when working on my projects (and clients') with WordPress. As a matter of, it's a tool I can't do without.

Cons

One major problem with WordPress is that there is no live support--the only place to get the support it's the community forum which isn't guaranteed (as support is provided by random users).

JM

Javier M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Uno de los CMS más utilizados en el mundo

Muy buena experiencia, ya que se puede adaptar perfectamente a cualquier tipo de proyecto, desde blogs hasta ecommerce (utiizando Woocommerce). Rápido y confiable. Muchas plantillas disponibles (incluso gratuitas), y no utiliza demasiados recursos de servidor.

Pros

La velocidad con la que se puede lanzar una web en Wordpress es increíble. Además, su gran punto fuerte son las opciones de personalización. Puedes integrar casi de todo.

Cons

El editor Gutenberg sin duda es uno de los puntos que menos me han gustado desde que se lanzó. Para un principiante, tener en cuenta que la plataforma tiene una ligera curva de aprendizaje, pero una vez ubicadas todas las herramientas, es fácil de utilizar.

Enrique G.

Design, self-employed

WordPress crea tu web desde 0 y de una forma sencilla

Venía de Joomla por haber tenido un incidente de seguridad. El salto a WordPress fue cualitativo. La curva de aprendizaje fue corta y las posibilidades de crecimiento casi infinitas

Pros

La curva de aprendizaje, la comunidad que existe en internet, los foros oficiales y que con excasos conocimientos puedes tener soluciones muy interesantes. Otra cosa que me ha gustado es que las actualizaciones y las copias de seguridad son realmente seguras. hay un plugin para cada cosa que se precise

Cons

La obsesión por usar el editor Gutemberg cuando el editor clásico era lider. Fue una decisión de Automattic muy controvertida en la comunidad

GP

Geniene P.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

WordPress brings technology to you

When I started with Wordpress back in 2011, I found that I could learn about so many things that didn't make sense before. SEO, Google Analytics and why they were so important to my business. When I started online radio and TV, I began to work with html and some of the backend. I loved being able to update without hesitation when I had changes to make and I didn't have to talk to a programmer who didn't understand what I wanted. Would I change? Not at all. It beat Wix and Site Creator hands down. It also made sense since 90% of the technical world were creating plugins for Wordpress.

Pros

It brings the world of web design into the hands of the entrepreneur and anyone else that wants to get their product or service to the world without spending a fortune to get it there. I love that its easy to use and within hours you can have a website that links to so many places that you are soon up and running. And the help that's available worldwide makes this the product of the century.

Cons

I loved the classic layout and now that Elementor has come out its made it more difficult for someone like me who likes to work in a system where I can see what I am doing simply and easily. So that is one of the things I liked least about the upgrades. But if that's all then it still makes it the best web design software available today. Whatever Gutenberg is that makes avatars for you to ensure that as an author you can have your picture up on the article, its the worst option ever. No one I know even knows how to work that system and I hope one day they just have an option to put your picture in a circle and add it to the article as an author.

AH

Andy H.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

The simplest and best free web building software on the planet

Simple and effective for any type of website yo will ever need. Just ensure you have the right power at the server end, and the right support from your hosting or web design company, and you can't go wrong. It's cheap, easy and works great!

Pros

I love how intuitive WordPress has always been, from setting up a new site, even if you don't have your own server, you can do this vie the WordPress website, but even if you have to build your own database and upload all the files manually it's very simple, and there are so many resources online to help with literally anything you need, google the issue and you'll find web pages, tutorials and videos to help with anything. And most hosting companies offer 1-click installations and support with WordPress now too, which gives you the confidence to have a go, as whatever goes wrong can be fixed!

Cons

The new block editor in WordPress I'm actually not as happy with as the original editor, perhaps it's just familiarity as WordPress feels like an old friend as I've been using it for many years now. However in my opinion the biggest issue is 3rd party theme builders, bulking up their themes with large CSS, JS and lack of image compression, which has made WordPress feel bulkier and slower on some sites than it really is out of the box.

ED

Eugene D.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Still the best CMS and Website Builder

overall, WordPress is a robust an excellent system that I highly recommend for small and medium sized businesses.

Pros

using WordPress has allowed us to take website development, fully in-house without hiring programmers or outsourcing. What I like most about WordPress is the availability of thousands of templates, compatibility with hundreds of third-party, software, integrations, and the ability to create a professional e-commerce website without any prior coding experience.

Cons

because there are so many features. Sometimes it is easy to get confused exactly where changes should be made and requires some digging around for the correct settings.

John M.

Design, self-employed

WordPress is the #1 Website building platform for a reason

Generally speaking my experiences are universally positive! As a platform placed midway between the "Creative" and "Technical" ends of the development spectrum, it suits me down to the ground. I appreciate that not everyone may agree (full-on Developers finding it a little restrictive and Mass-Market, with Creatives disliking pretty much all of the Page Builders available (save for those which are VISUAL - but then in turn perform badly and are very s-l-o-w to work with as a direct consequence / side-effect of their visual beauty...

Pros

Flexibility and scalability! WordPress truly does offer a website platform that really can grow with your own business operations over time - without needing to go back to the drawing board (with the exception of if a complete redesign is deemed necessary or the most cost-effective option). Even then, WordPress should remain high on your short-list if you find yourself surveying other options out there. It works!

Cons

Naturally given the sheer SIZE and popularity of the platform, there ARE hundreds or garbage plugins (and themes) out there - all of which should be avoided (but can sometimes be cleverly branded cutely - so as to give the impression the tool(s) is/are good.. when in fact they might damage your Site, or worse still break it completely. Plugin buyer/downloaders... BEWARE!! Also... I can't pass through...

OU

Oscar U.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mi experiencia con WordPress

WordPress no solo nos permite tener portales informativos profesionales también nos brinda herramientas para poder crear sitios complejos con formularios, tiendas en línea y lasas detalladas estadísticas sobre nuestros visitantes.

Pros

WordPress es fácil de usar y gracias a los templates y plugins se convierte en una herramienta muy poderosa a la hora de crear sitios webs que pueden ir desde sitios sencillos hasta sitios complejos con tiendas en línea.

Cons

Realmente no puedo decir una característica que no me haya gustado, WordPress sencillamente nos facilita el trabajo.

ad

arno d.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

WordPress opened my eys regarding website building and taught me the workings thereof

Wordpress helped to create a webpage with a shoe string budget. taught us about the functionality of a website and it's workings

Pros

Pros for utilizing WordPress 1. Straightforward CMS This is the greatness of WordPress: how basic and simple to utilize it is. If you are not a creator then moreover you don't have to worry about anything. Indeed, even in a very restricted ability to center, you can get to know the fundamentals of WordPress. This is one of the factors that spread the word. Certainly for me . Before WordPress, it was...

Cons

Cons of WordPress CMS 1. Weakness It is significant for you folks to comprehend that WordPress isn't completely secure, well no site is completely secure. The security imperfections of WordPress stretches out to its subjects and modules and it not just remaining parts to WordPress center. 1. SQL Infusion To work, your WordPress site depends on a MySQL data set. With a SQL infusion the programmer...

Phil T.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Wordpress saves time and makes updates easy

I spent many years coding websites using html and CSS. Many years ago, when I needed a simple site creating quickly, I discovered CMSs like WordPress and tried a few. The results weren't as polished back then as they are now, but the potential was huge. I continued using WordPress because it was free and well supported, and it is now my first choice when creating a new site.

Pros

I love the 'what you see is what you get' editing that Wordpress provides, but like knowing that I can also switch to full html/CSS code editing if I want to.

Cons

Because Wordpress allows almost infinite customisation through plugins, there is the risk of installing a badly written or not well maintained plugin, which could potentially affect your website negatively. Fortunately, plugins have a rating system and show the amount of active users to help with decision making.

SJ

Solly J.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

My Experience with WordPress

Pros

Impactful features include social network compatibility, search engine optimization, customization options, page style, support and update feature, and responsive website design. It is easy to manage. Actually, it is designed for non-technical people. The integration with existing business processes is very easy.

Cons

Wordpress has been my blogging and business platform for the past few years. Given that it is the most popular platform for web design, I frequently suggest it to friends and coworkers. While providing extensive customization for individuals who are quite informed about web design, it is straightforward and simple to navigate for others who are less experienced. You can use one of the many pre-designed...

María G.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Crea una web de lo que quieras con mucha facilidad

Gracias a Wordpress consigo desarrollar webs de una forma rápida y eficiente lo que hace que no tenga "pereza" para hacer pruebas de marketing, SEO, desarrollo de nuevas herramientas, ...

Pros

Lo que más me gusta es la cantidad de plugins que tiene y que además muchos de ellos son gratuitos e incluso los de pago tienen una versión lite gratis. Además al ser código abierto puedes hacer modificaciones en el núcleo para ajustar la web a tus necesidades todo lo posible. El control de usuarios te permite crear distintos perfiles de acceso y eso es muy útil cuando se trabaja en un equipo multidisciplinar.

Cons

La verdad es que no hay nada que no me guste, me parece estupendo.

HF

Hylda F.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

WordPress is ideal for creating websites without coding knowledge

Overall, WordPress is a wonderful and user-friendly platform for creating a website.

Pros

What is most advantageous is that WordPress offers many options to create a very professional looking website without having to have coding knowledge. Our company reports on incidents globally in real time, so edits must be done in real time with relative ease.

Cons

The countless number of plug-ins can get a bit cumbersome, with some being offered for free, while others are not.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Wish is was simpler to use

My overall experience with wordpress is good I still use it for my business, great features but a little to difficult to use especially for someone with little to no knowledge on designing and customizing a website for their business.

Pros

There are great features in Wordpress, the free website is very useful. I used the free and paid plans. I think wordpress for me the free website sometimes comes like a paid website I am still able to reach people, well maybe not as much as the paid website. But it is still very useful.

Cons

It gets a bit complicated to use at times. It took me quite sometime to actually figure out how to use it and I have and still use wordpress for 2 years and no doubt I still have a difficult time using it for my business.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

I've been using WordPress for years to build websites.

At the beginning, WordPress was a learning curve. Years later, WordPress is easy for me to use. I do understand why many people investing in tutorials or designers to get their websites up and running.

Pros

WordPress is a free open source software. I like that you can use plugins and your own themes to build really nice websites and online shops.

Cons

While WordPress has gotten better at providing tutorials on how to use their software, things can get confusing fast if you don't know what you're doing. WordPress comes with templates that you can use right out the box, but they can be pretty limiting.