WordPress Reviews

Pros

It's a pleasure to use WordPress for a person who does not know to code, all the features are just great. I just enjoy working with WordPress whenever I work on it.

AM

Amit M.

What I like most: thousands of free plugins to make all of your functionality dreams come true, ease of use, support everywhere you turn, highly motivated “community” helps each other.

AK

AMY K.

If you're good with coding, WordPress can be a really useful tool to help build a website that looks sleek and sexy.

Cons

The biggest problem with WordPress is the lack of understanding that it is a blog software.

Diego V.

We've found ourselves stalled out badly with problems at times because a theme or plugin had terrible support.

Kurt H.

Wordpress is really limited in its features and functionalities. More than that, the support for customers is bad.

BR

Barbara R.

8,707

4,203

13,806 reviews

Julie W.

VP

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The industry standard - making your website dreams a reality

Transcript

Julie W.: Hi, my name is Julie. I'm a project coordinator in the digital marketing industry, and I give...

Good for a free product, but watch that security

Transcript

Justin S.: Hi, I'm Justin, DevOps Engineer, and I give WordPress three out of five stars. For more reviews...

Best CMS for Blogger

The world is full of blogging tools but WordPress is one of the best and free tools that I use daily. It is one of the most powerful CMS to manage my blogging platforms. I have used this to develop more than 10 blogging platforms.

Pros

WordPress has become the most popular content management system (CMS) for installing websites. It is largely used as content management system in place of the widely used blogging systems such as Blogger and Tumblr. What makes it more popular is that it is free. Free means that you don't have to pay for the service. But to avail WordPress, you need a hosting account. This means you need to sign up with a WordPress hosting provider like WPEngine.com.

Cons

Even though WordPress is powerful I think the video content management cannot be done. Also, the plugins on the marketplace are not monitored which may bring security risks.

Versatile, Robust, and the Best Basic CMS

Wordpress.org, where you use it as a CMS on your own hosted website, it's truly the best option for most website owners, myself included. 10 years ago a developer convinced me to build one of my websites using Ruby on Rails, and I just wish I had stuck with my gut and found a way to do that with the database plugins available—I am now paying a developer to port it over. I have yet to really find much that WordPress can't do if you're running a content-based sight. Only if you need advanced e-commerce integrations should you consider an alternative.

Pros

I have used WordPress since 2008 to build not only my main business, which started as a blog, but also dozens of other sites over the years—both for myself and others. As a CMS, it's dead-simple to deploy and the number of features (themes, plugins, etc), can grow with your business. I also love that it's open-source—this means even in the 10+ years since I started, the code is always maintained by the global community and it's up to the latest web standards.

Cons

The recent switch to Gutenberg blocks necessitated a learning curve that was frustrating, but I went with this product "fork" because it seems like the developers maintaining it truly have the best interests of WordPress users at heart—blocks is where the web is heading, and it made sense to switch over even if this means some growing pains for websites needing a new theme/new customizations.

A car without seats, roof, doors, steering weel and windows. The engine is there, but that's it.

I am very surprised that WordPress is so popular. I guess they got lucky. The blog boom brought in tons of users who started a blog, hoping to make money. Then the developers came in, building extensions for those bloggers, hoping to make money. Eventually, the affiliate marketers came to promote those extensions, hoping to make money. The end result is an internet full of WordPress, millions of websites touting how great it is (with affiliate links of course), and yeah... in the modern world, advertising is what counts. There are much better systems available, both from developer's and user's point of view, but I guess they don't have many chances to fight this marketing machine. Pity.

Pros

WordPress is light to install - obviously, because it comes without most basic functionalities. It is a blog. So if you want to start a blog, WP is ok. Good thing is that there are countless plugins available to make many things possible, even though there are too many to make the choice easy.

Cons

Wordpress is like a car with just the engine and core parts. Everything else is missing. Thousands of developers around the world offer extensions for whatever functionality. Would you buy a Volkswagen and then install windows from Mazda, gas tank from some unknown Chinese brand, alarm system by Audi, wheels by some person from Jamaica...? And would you expect that this combination of parts functions well in every situation? Of course not. One part is updated, another part is not. Problems occur, sites break. Even if you choose only the "well-known" parts. Wordpress is free, but once you start adding up these "well-known" plugins that likely have support in the future, it becomes surprisingly expensive. Some good ones are also free, but prepare to see constant ads in the backend.

WordPress has become a time-tested old friend that never lets you down.

It is a platform that allows anyone to create high-quality websites in a variety of formats using WordPress. The best part about WordPress is the ease of using it once you have mastered the basics and the many options available for creating your website. It is an excellent option for anyone interested in hosting a high-quality website.

Pros

WordPress Review is a long-time internet favourite. This easy to use website builder has been powering millions of sites since 2003, and its popularity continues to grow. From blogs and general websites, everyone can jump right in with WordPress. Now, they have tons of different templates you can choose from so that you don't need any prior design skills or tech know-how to make it empowering your...

Cons

WordPress cannot guarantee a strong site's security on WordPress since it is an open-source product that relies on manual checking and updates from third parties. Hackers have learned how to exploit these vulnerabilities, which means the owner must do regular maintenance, or bad things could happen. Curating content for social media channels can also become a pain due to the lack of custom fields,...

Plugins!! plugins everywhere

Super easy to deploy and have a really pretty website published in a few hours. The bad part, as I said, are the constant update that you have to make to keep your site up without risks of being hacked.

Pros

Wordpress is really easy to deploy and have a site running in less than 2 hours. It aims to this "integration" that excels other CMSs like Joomla. Wherever you go, there's a Wordpress integration as simple as some clicks. That's really useful. One of the best and simple things that I like from this is the separation of posts and pages. You can make sure that everything you have on posts are news items, articles, blog posts, etc. and leave the pages for the structure of the website

Cons

The bad part of this is that there are some basic features like photos on a category or even some of the simplest things you might expect to have there, you need a plugin for this. In the end of the day, you'll have a pretty website with something like 20 plugins doing basic stuff that Joomla has by default. In the end, you have to keep your site updated frequently and you shouldn't lose that from sight or you might have a security gap and have your site pwnd (hacked).

Tries to be all things for web creators; nearly succeeds

I've been using WordPress personally for more than ten years, and professionally for five years. I've seen bloated sites, slow sites, and broken functionality. I've observed sharp disagreement within the WordPress community on the direction of the platform. I've also seen a consistently useful, highly customizable platform that largely succeeds at its mission: to democratize publishing.

Pros

First, WordPress is produced with an open-source ethos. The core software is free and supported by a talented community. WordPress is highly extensible, so you can build almost any kind of website with this.

Cons

The all things for all people mentality sometimes means that WordPress isn't the best solution for specific kinds of sites. In addition, I still wish there were an easier on-ramp for people who aren't familiar with the steps needed to set up a website. That said, there is wordpress.com which essentially provides this.

One of the best CMS platform that is super easy to use to build a website

My overall experience is outstanding, this is the only software that I can leave a five-star review without thinking. It helped me to grow up my business worldwide because I'm a WordPress developer and I provide web development services around the world through freelancing marketplaces like Fiverr or Upwork.

Pros

Actually, I like everything about this content management system software. All the parts of this software are essential to building a website. For example, the theme and plugin part is my favourite. WordPress allows me to install templates I like, this whole process makes the website building steps amazing on WordPress. It could be an e-commerce website, blog, business, affiliate marketing, almost all kind of websites I can create using WordPress and its theme system. I also like how its plugin functionality works, any kind of custom functionality if I need it, I can include it using a plugin. There is no coding on WordPress, only settings that allow me to do something awesome.

Cons

1. In WordPress latest version 5.8 they've upgraded the widget system which is really annoying. It was perfect on the previous versions, but the new widget management system looks like a page edit, even it works slowly. I really don't like the new look and system of widgets 2. WordPress use too many unnecessary codes that slow down a website. The software should have a function that will allow users to scan the unnecessary codes and remove them.

WordPress is very powerful but can have it's challenges

WordPress has been around for a long time and there is good reason for that. It has become of one the most used content management options accounting for more than half of all websites. The number is probably much higher than that. I like the fact that aside from hosting fees and a domain, you can do a lot for very little in terms of expense. I've built 2 sites for others including a message therapy studio and a non-profit and several sites for myself including my official author site, a modeling website and the main business website for TRCA. I wouldn't keep coming back if it wasn't worth it.

Pros

The options to customize WordPress are outstanding. Some basic functions are pretty easy to learn. It also has a trusted name that has been around and the company is always working to keep things secure.

Cons

Some plugins have conflicts and frequent updating of the core WordPress can cause site to "break" sometimes. There isn't a really good support option other than WP forums which is okay at best.

The BEST content management system. Highly recommended

We love it. There is NOTHING better out there for mass appeal. Its easy to set up, free, open source, tons of resources are available (from free to paid), many developers are available.

Pros

Its popular, too many plugins and templates available. Its free (the basic system/version), highly customizable, and many freelancers and developers available that work on it.

Cons

If you create a BIG ecommerce store, than its database gets huge and it takes lots of resources (slows system down). Big that's only for HUGE stores (over 5k products etc). A slight disadvantage is that due to huge popularity, hackers keep trying to exploit it, so you have to keep it up to date

WordPress: Press your words

WordPress is indeed one of the best website builders. It comes with an easy navigation interface perfect for beginners. It offers multiple templates with no payment. Such helpful software!

Pros

What I really like about this software is that it's free. Just by simply creating an account, you can have access to thousands of website templates. Not to mention that they are fully customizable with a live preview.

Cons

Not all themes are free. However, it doesn't bother me that much knowing that paid themes are more attractive, offer more features, and come with premium options.

excellent wordpress use is amazing websites in minutes

La velocidad para construcción de landing pages rápidas y simples es una gran ventaja para la publicidad que utiliza la empresa, en conjunto con plugins de terceros para la inspección de seo y posicionamiento en buscadores excelente

Pros

La facilidad de instalar plantilla prediseñada y adaptarlas al contenido que se va a utilizar, fantástico poder instalar complementos para facilitar la conexión con redes sociales y publicidad por ejemplo, pixel de Facebook ADS y Google ads, se integran de maravilla, además la integración con WooCommerce y para tiendas en línea, esto aunado con complementos de terceros para hacer aún más impactantes los sitios web, no dejando atrás su integración con blogs y la facilidad para la construccion

Cons

El panel de administrador es algo confuso al principio debe acostumbrarse a su uso y ubicar cada una de las herramientas, los plugins en algunos casos tardan demasiado o trae una herramienta gratuita para optimizar el caché de carga, y una herramienta para convertir las imágenes de formatos pesados como JPG o PNG en formatos más comprimidos y de mayor velocidad en su carga como wep

Great Base Platform for Websites, Blogs, etc. Okay for Stores. Plan on using a lot of plug ins.

Overall I really like WordPress and plan on sticking with it. I self hosted through GreenGeeks for my own domain. My site is still under construction but should be live soon- if you wanted to get a site up quickly and aren't picky, you absolutely could do so at a low cost via WordPress. If you want something a little more custom, just plan on taking time to research and learn the offering and build. I think it's worth it.

Pros

If you have some basic website building skills, you will be able to figure out the ins and outs of Word Press pretty easily. If you have no idea about anything website building, there are resources available for you to learn, and you can start with a basic template theme/site. I happen to know some coding and also have experience building websites and intranets, so I found I leaned on plug ins and...

Cons

If you opt for a custom theme or plug ins, plan on poking around a lot to change colors, fonts and such. WordPress can be too simple for some, and on the flip side feel very complex for beginners to get used to. So long as you know you're going to have to plan some build time into it if you want a particular customized look and feel, you're good. I wished there were more font options. The photo editor...

The best and the most flexible

We use for several projects the combination of wordpress + DIVI + cache + protection plugin. With this we have a standardized and easy structure to create websites for clients in hours instead of weeks. Without wordpress you need to program or use an expensive tool that generates an exportable website. There are other CMS, but wordpress is more convenient and easier to find solutions to problems. Although it's not that fast, it's still much faster than other options on the market.

Pros

As you use it in various jobs, it becomes familiar. It has plugins for everything you can imagine. You can create your own plugins or mix them with separate pages in php/html. It has a lot of free stuff or "lite". Using themes like DIVI you can create websites of all types in hours instead of weeks. Only program when you really need it. Almost every time updates are fine, you update without fear.

Cons

I miss there being more performance. As it comes with many built-in things, you pay for the functions with slowness. Also bad is the tendency to replace stable php for pages and functions in RIA with javascript.

WordPress is with merit the most used CMS in the world

I've been using WP for almost 10 years. At the beginning I tried other CMS to understand which one was the best to develop my clients' websites and shops. And at least in my experience, WP is by far the best CMS. In my years of work I have developed successful websites and shops with WP and easily created portals and multilingual marketplaces. I believe and appreciate this CMS so much that it is the only one I teach to my students (private or companies) when it comes to learning how to develop websites or shops.

Pros

Before going into detail, I will summarize WP with terms such as ease, flexibility and quality. One fact: WP is now used by over 40% of all sites and has over 60% market share among open source CMS. WP allows you to easily develop all kinds of blogs, sites and shops. Although I recommend learning the basic CSS / HTML commands to be autonomous in the easiest customizations to the code, anyone can use...

Cons

The only situation, in my opinion, on which you could expect an improvement, is related to the fact that when you install a lot of plugins, usually more than 20, the navigation in the backend of the site really slows down. That's also why, if you have to develop a site with many plugins in addition, I recommend you to buy hosting on a tier provider. I for example have been using DominiOk for years because of the server performance that I'm satisfied with and also for the support (they are very good, pro-active and fast in responding). A due clarification: what I have just described is a problem of all CMS! I took the liberty to note it because I'm sure the WP community will improve this aspect as well.

Best in class website builder, blog or ecommerce platform.

I've been able to run an small web development agency using Wordpress' free software and customizing it for my clients. I've also built several online businesses with it as well. Installing and getting started is a very simple task so you can easily spin up a new website in a few hours and start marketing. Works well, scales and has a huge following of developers to help you customize if needed.

Pros

Wordpress is the easiest platform to use. You have the option of self-hosting for the tech-saavy or you can pay Wordpress directly for hosting and maintenance/setup. There's a world of plugins to convert your simple site into pretty much any type of platform be it affiliates, ecommerce, blogging, etc. You can customize the look with thousands of premade templates both free and paid, manage users, writers, editors and sooo much more.

Cons

Without some technical knowledge, you may find that Wordpress is not super SEO friendly out of the box but with a plugin and some research you can fix that. Also, the constant updates can be annoying but it's for the best.

The best platform to host my website

My experience with Wordpress was and is being excellent. I don't intend to change platforms anytime soon and with each new need I always find a plug-in that solves my problem. As a matter of fact, I don't even have time to study all the options that exist.

Pros

The fact that it is free and has an amazing structure that has ready-made templates, easy to use and customized. For me the issue of having ready-made templates helped a lot when I was starting in digital marketing creating my online structure. Another point that made me choose WORDPRESS was the fact that it contains thousands of amazing plugins that with them you can do everything from improving SEO, do online forms and surveys. As a result I was able to maximize my time and reap more professional results every day. It also features excellent technical support.

Cons

Despite having templates ready when you need a more specific customization they end up not being enough and after some time using the ready templates I had to make a specific one for my needs. Another point to be aware of is that sites that are too large or with a lot of access can present instability.

Wordpress, the easiest and cheapest gateway to creating your own website

Wordpress is a wonderful piece of free software that allows for any person to create a website for their project, business, or personal endeavor. With endless integrations and the ability to build out custom plugins and themes, you never need to worry about growing out of Wordpress. With the CMS holding the majority share of the internet, it is a tried and true method for anyone looking to get away from a high monthly fee service, like Wix or Squarespace. After more than 10 years of personal and business use, I am confident that Wordpress can do anything that anyone would want from a website, plus a little more.

Pros

Wordpress is endlessly customizable, serving as more than just a tool to put a template on. You are able to create your own themes, or find one that you like online. If something isn't working how you want, look and you will likely find a solution that someone else was having. Besides just being customizable and dependable, Wordpress is trusted by the whole world. Any issues you might run into, someone else has definitely had and posted about online already. If not, you can be that person to find the solution!

Cons

The main issues with Wordpress is that it is not a centrally hosted service. If you encounter problems, it is likely up to you or the person you hired to create the site to troubleshoot. This is the price you pay for a free service, but is a small one, in my opinion.

Wordpress reviews-2021

There is nothing more cheerful than being able to get the right work done in less time. With WordPress, this is child's play. It highly contributed to helping us minimize unnecessary website design expenditures. I will highly suggest you giving it a try.

Pros

WordPress is the only CMS software you need for your business. Some years back, I remember that getting a developer to build your website used to be difficult and thus, expensive especially if you were limited in budget but, since this tool was launched, the aspect of web design completely changed. WordPress is definitely the best content management system solution I have ever used. Formerly, slapping...

Cons

There are a lot of interruptive and goofy ads that keep showing in my admin dashboard. This gives an untidy look to my admin workspace.

Couldn’t live without it!

I absolutely love using Wordpress and truly can’t imagine ever using anything else to build a site.

Pros

I’ve been using Wordpress for the last 10 years - starting with a simple blog, and working my way up to a full e-commerce and subscription site. It is absolutely indispensable and has always been a pleasure to use. I honestly can’t believe it remains free, and am consistently pleased by the updates the Automattic team makes. Publishing is a breeze, the integrations are endless (literally ANY type of...

Cons

The one thing I’ve noticed that irks me since the adoption of Gutenberg blocks is that there can a bit of a lag when typing or choosing block options. The blocks can be a bit buggy at times, which can be irritating when in the middle of writing a long post. I also dislike that the post view defaults to “fullscreen mode” even if I’ve previously switched it to keep the sidebar in view. The dashboard view also feels a bit tired and could use an overhaul.

WordPress improved our web presence with little effort

We love WordPress. In one of our companies, a staff member took upon them to set up their website to save on cost. Web development companies are expensive. I set up WordPress for them. They were able to set up a website and go live within days at a fraction of the cost they would have otherwise paid to marketing agencies. SEO has worked great. Forms have worked well. We have enjoyed moving all of our sites to WordPress.

Pros

WordPress is easy! Within 20 minutes, we had our website up and running. With a 30 minute training session, staff was able to post blogs, create pages, create menus and set up forms. Prior to WordPress, setting up a website was a project. With WordPress, website management is a breeze.

Cons

When automatic updates break something, it's not easy to debug. For those users who don't host WordPress themselves, this would be less of an issue. We host WordPress sites ourselves and enable automated updates. Once in a while updates break our site and we have to debug it by logging on to our servers.

WordPress Review - Best Choice for Creating Websites

My experience with Wordpress have been nothing short of wonderful. It continues to remain my number one choice when it comes to building blogs, professional business websites, and ecommerce stores for myself and my clients.

Pros

Free to download and install Gives you control over your data and files Allows you freedom to design anythng you want There are lots of plugins and extensions (free and paid) that allows you design and achieve whatever it is you want to achieve with your website. Easily integrate with a lot of third-party tools like autoresponders, CPM sotware, payment gateways etc

Cons

The themes that come with the Wordpress are too basic You will need to download a drag and drop website builder if you really want to build something exciting

wordpress review 2021

I can't just create a eCommerce website but also some big design website and it is prizie yet convenient. it's a beautiful and handy website builder.

Pros

1. Free – WordPress programming is allowed to download and utilize. All you need to pay for is an area name and web facilitating. 2. Opportunity and Possession – WIth WordPress, you have 100% responsibility for the site. Furthermore, you can pick your own web facilitating and move your website at whatever point you need. 3. Complete Customization – WordPress offers a huge number of free, delightfully...

Cons

1.No Immediate Help – While there are numerous assets online that will assist you with settling your WordPress issues, they don't offer any immediate help like email, telephone, or live talk support. 2. Slight Expectation to absorb information – WordPress is genuinely simple to utilize in general. Be that as it may, there is a slight expectation to learn and adapt to getting comfortable and familiar...

Very useful for creating good responsive websites.

I have built many small to medium sized websites for my clients using Wordpress and overall I think this is the best and the easiest CMS to use. Also helps that the clients can easily maintain their websites with some basic training.

Pros

I have been using Wordpress for close to 5 years now. Have found it to be one of the easiest CMS system to install and use. It is extremely easy to set up a website or even a blog with a few clicks. It has a huge repository of plugins and extensions that can enhance the features of your website. If you are building a basic shop to sell stuff online, Wordpress should be your first choice.

Cons

The theme designs or templates are limited, also can be improved in terms of responsiveness. Prone to errors. At times if a plugin misbehaves or theme files act funny, your site can suffer. Many shipping and payment features can be enhanced on Wordpress. Many updates are released from time to time for improvements but since many times you are working with a theme, certain features of a theme can stop working after an update. Hence there can be some improvements in the above areas.

If you can think in any tiny way like an engineer (and not just the end user), WordPress is the best

WordPress is the only way to build a website, as far as I'm concerned. A business is not a template of another company--it's as individual as its website should be.

Pros

I've built sites in Squarespace, Wix, hand coded old school in Adobe Dreamworks, and much older versions of WordPress without all the WYSIWYG platforms, and WordPress is by far the easiest, most comprehensive, and most flexible of all the platforms. It's a truly customizable CMS that has the capacity for stunning websites. There are so many great integrations for online businesses, including mail servers, online booking, and online stores.

Cons

Like the title says, it's not intended for non-engineers/developers. Squarespace and Wix use more intuitive language and auto mobile settings, but they have massive limitations in what's possible. Just wrap your head around WordPress using any of the thousands of how-to videos online, and you'll be building like a pro in no time.

The Original Low-Code Revolution

I rely on Wordpress daily. As a company, we deploy it to millions of served pages every month. You cannot get higher praise from enterprise users than reliability.

Pros

Wordpress was the original low-code revolution catalyst. People seem to forget that before Wordpress came around, you had to write pages by hand or use something like Dreamweaver to develop a site. I remember that, because I used to do it. Along came Wordpress and it totally democratized web development. We use it every day on industrial scales, serving millions of pageviews a month. Wordpress is robust, well supported and endlessly expandable.

Cons

Wordpress is a bit fragmented in its features, so your mileage may vary with certain plugins and themes. Also, over time, Wordpress has gotten slower and slower, and it's extremely prone to slowdowns when using more than 5 or 7 plugins. However, recent updates to the Wordpress core code as well as developments since PHP moved from version 5 to 7, have allowed it to remain competitive.