Wordpress Reviews

Wordpress

Website creation and publishing platform

Wordpress

Review Summary

Pros

As an influencer and artisan I needed something with the best ease of use to deliver my content easily and quickly and this is the best in my opinion.

Karmon W.

It's a great low-cost option if you are looking to use it for a blog. WordPress has a ton of great plugins to customize the blog or site to your liking.

Mercedes Z.

Wordpress has many features and you can use it as a great tool to build a blog/website, but the fact is free it is awesome for a new entrepreneur, with low budget like me.

Kelvin F.

Cons

The only negative would be the lack of support if you have a problem, however, the SEO is better with WordPress than my other site which does not use WordPress.

Steve L.

Some of these plugins and themes are poorly coded and as such creates vulnerability concerns; allowing malicious inclusions and attacks on a standing website built on the framework.

George Rex A.

Pricey plugins, I also hate that the plugins aren't regulated meaning that a plugin can stop updating and I'm forced to either find a new one or brace myself of being hacked.

Sophie H.

7,700

3,785

12,274 reviews

Extremely flexible, feature rich website platform

This platform is the foundation of our current business operations - we use it for all client websites. It is an incredible tool when used in the way it was intended, and allows our clients to maintain ownership of and flexibility updating their websites themselves.

Pros

WordPress being the most widely used website platform on the internet makes it also the most flexible and feature-rich from our experience. If there's something you want to do, someone has figured out how to do it already and you can benefit from that. If you're experiencing an issue, someone else has also likely experience that issue and has figured it out, again benefiting you. I love how this platform can be the foundation for almost anything you can dream up aesthetically and functionally.

Cons

It isn't necessarily intuitive for someone who has never used it before, which creates a relatively steep learning curve for someone wanting to build a site themselves. Also, it is VERY easy to hire someone who makes WordPress hard to use and edit things on your own site which is a shame, but a result of the flexibility of the platform and the abundance of people who offer WordPress related services at a discount.

WordPress and Encouraging Words

I was using an old website and switched over to WordPress. Overall, the customer service experience was ideal. They treated me with respect and did not awkwardly tell me that any question I may have asked was stupid. They emailed multiple times quite efficiently and helped me along the way. It has allowed for my blog to become decently popular and people seem to enjoy what I tend to ramble about. The different templates have worked out well dependent on what topic I am working through.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about WordPress is that it is easy to use when beginning your own blog. Many, don't believe that their blogs will become popular. It can be a place where you rant and maybe one or two people will stumble across your words on the online page, and maybe or maybe not be encouraged. One of the biggest things that is liked the most is that it is workable for both beginners and...

Cons

There are very few cons when it comes to WordPress. The only negative for other business owners would be that it does not allow for many other builds. This seems to be directly targeted for writing and creating blogs. It also took a few minutes for me to become accustomed to it when switching from another product. It is crucial that you know some coding in order to be able to use the application properly. The negative to this is that if you do not know much about coding, it will take a while to navigate through most of the application.

12 Pros and 5 Cons of WordPress – Should You Use It?

By and large, I have been utilizing WordPress for about 10 years now. I'm content with it. There is a whole industry made around WordPress. Many facilitating organizations offer WordPress oversaw facilitating. What's your involvement with WordPress? Are there any professionals or cons that you accept ought to be added to this article? It would be ideal if you leave your remarks down beneath.

Pros

WordPress Advantages: Heaps of destinations use WordPress. You will go into a bigger world, more so than if you don't utilize WordPress. 74.6 million destinations are utilizing WordPress. Extraordinary substance the board framework. The greatest preferred standpoint is that it is so natural to explore through the pages and substance. Consequently, why it's an incredible CMS. It's set up so that...

Cons

WordPress Disadvantages: Custom Layouts Are Hard To Use. The principal drawback is the designs. They may be modified, yet they can be precarious to explore through. Same goes for the planned procedure. A portion of the plans is not as effectively open as you may need or need them to be. There are WordPress subjects that can assist with this. See Elegant Themes and Headway. Loads of Updates. It's...

Best Website Builder I ever Used

My overall experience with WordPress was quite well, actually. I enjoy using their dynamic features all the time. With WordPress I started getting more leads for my company and reached potential customers as well. And I have never encountered any issues with WordPress till now.

Pros

I like WordPress mostly because of their easy website building process, features, and support. WordPress provides easy drag and drop platform, for nontechies like us to start building our own website as we always wanted. And the most exciting feature about WordPress is that we can use it on any devices whether it's a pc or mobile or a tablet.

Cons

The last thing I don't like about WordPress is that while designing the pages, I get stuck sometimes for fewer seconds, and in the next moment, it starts working well.

Your website is your new business card

I really enjoy using Wordpress as it's so easy to manage the insights. You have analytics that show how the website performs and also you can download different plugins, such as social media icons, multilingual site, shop site, and so on, which makes the customer experience really pleasant.

Pros

I think Wordpress is one of the best softwares for building a website that gets visible on search engines. Besides it's easy to customize your website design. You can even get a nice template and then make it your own.

Cons

You need to know a lit bit of coding and building websites. But if you know the basics you can keep on building your one. Also there are lots of tutorials on how to create a great website for your brand on the Internet. Or even so you can pay someone to build it for you.

Easy for a novice

A really great tool for someone just starting out in building websites either for themselves or clients. Once you grasp the basics of how wordpress works, the rest is a breeze. Everything you could have as a question is answered on official and un official posts on youtube. The templates have saved me tons of time and added to the creative brain storming of site looks.

Pros

As a novice just over a year ago, I was able to get started and experiment in a safe offline environment before publishing content. Once I learnt about the hundreds of plugins that make each project magical, the sky became the limit. I absolutely love that you can make it as stunning or as subtle as you want.

Cons

I am not a fan of the constant plugin updates. almost every week, there are a few plugins needing updates. I get nervous as in the back of my mind, updates may affect an already published site. So all my updates are prompted and not auto updating. I then review how critical the update is and then update as and when needed.

Great for quick development for your clients

It was a pleasant journey. I've been using/editing/building WordPress websites for the last 3-4 years. I learned a lot and saved tons of time using it. I'd highly recommend it for most of the people as it has a very pleasant UI and it's easy to use even for not tech people - your client.

Pros

The community. It has a wide support for the plugins. You can find almost any plugin you would think of. There are lots of tutorials/questions etc. on the internet too which makes it easy to deal with your problems. There are plenty of cheap option to host your Wordpress instance, which is a big plus. There is also a lot of themes you can use for free, but also lots of high quality paid ones (that are not expensive too).

Cons

Code quolity. Even though there are lots of plugins and themes, usually their code quality is poor. It's hard to add new features to already existing themes or change something. It's easi to write your own custom theme, but it requires way higher budget for the project, which is not a common thing.

The best platform for your online business

I've been using Wordpress for over 2 years and I don't leave this platform for anything. It is the platform that I use in my digital business and it is certainly the one that offers the best support and customization possibilities to meet my needs. I can use the platform alone, even without the help of a professional developer. It's super easy to use! I highly recommend it!

Pros

It is the best and biggest platform for creating content I have ever known. Wordpress allows you to have very high quality websites, for a super symbolic price. The platform offers several types of Plugins to improve your business, in addition to offering super complete layouts and easy to change, either in the free option or in paid options. Virtually everything within wordpress is customizable to...

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about Wordpress, it's the platform I use in my digital business and I don't change it for another.

Best way to make a webpage or more is to use Wordpress

Really great to use, simple yet scalable. I've seen solutions for small companies, and enterprise websites made with Wordpress. It is Swiss army knife for building Webpages. Since elementor plugin was released you don neet any HTML or PHP knowledge. Making websites becomes drag and drop puzzle.

Pros

When you type in Wordpress in google, youtube or bing in matter of seconds you get basic, advanced or ninja level tutorials how to make a webpage. When you learn basics (2-3 weeks) you can make decent webpages for allmost anybody. Superb plugin/theme and forum support make this product superior to any other product. I never encounter problem which i could not figure out with fer minutes or hours of googleing.

Cons

Usage depends on speed of hosting servers. I had different versions and different solutions implemented. I found out that 90% of problems are hosting related, other 10% is related for not buying some premium features.

If you want control of your site, Wordpress is the answer.

Wordpress is amazing as long as you take the time to make it amazing. If you're expecting to have a fully-functioning, professional looking website in minutes, wordpress is not the answer. However, if you have an idea or a vision in your head of how you want your website to look, chances are it's possible on Wordpress.

Pros

I love using wordpress to build and manage my website. One thing people need to know about wordpress is that it's free, but you should invest in a good theme (think of this as a website template) and plugins (various features to help 'spiff up' your site).

Cons

Since the majority of the world's websites are built on Wordpress, the platform is often targeted for malware and viruses. It's so very important to stay on top of system and plugin updates to keep your site protected, and regular monitoring of your site files to make sure your site is secure. There are many low cost services that will do the bulk of this work for you.

Wordpress review

I am huge fan of Wordpress and I consider it to be the world's most integrated and fast evolving Content Management system. I use it regularly for all my sites, blogs and WooCommerce shops. I would definitely recommend it to any administrator and end-user.

Pros

I enjoy the fact that Wordpress is very frequently updated and enriched with new cutting edge features. I also enjoy the fact that it supports a multitude of plugins (both free and paid) covering a wide range of applications and thus making Wordpress a very flexible and extensible framework. It is based on open technologies (PHP) and supported by all major web hosting providers as well as by Wordpress.com as an additional hosting option.

Cons

I think more work can be done to improve the ease of use of Wordpress built-in editor. I would like to see it being as close to a standard document editor experience, such as Microsoft Word or Libre/Open Office.

The first step across your independence

With the basic account, you don t have a big choise about the graphic design, but just a fixed set that you can increase updating your profile. Check panel is very basic, few options plus, you can choose themes between the two software versions; free themes for Wordpress.org and pay per use for the other, on Themeforest.com

Pros

Right. Meeting Wordpress in the far 2012 was not love at first sight. Indeed, i remind a software downloading on a Macintosh computer , and that period i was training to use IOS server, coming from many years by Android. So it was a difficult meeting, as well i was discovering Wordpress, plus a New pc. What i can say is that it s a very easy to download package. Very low price and many many different activities to discover day by day. Using WordPress you can approach as you are painting on a white paper and let your creativity comes out. There are some Differences you can find between the two versions of this software (free or pay per use). First one is you need an hosting provider to rate a subscription and get in this way many and many plus advantages. No needed for the itgerccerdiin.

Cons

As i said, price is cheap for what you can learn to do. Plus, you can still use WordPress as a training before switch to a better software, yes, it s easy to use WordPress as a springboard , even if you are not so confident with this kind of activities. What i was looking for, was a kind of school to start an immersion in the social media world, but in autonomy mood. I thought it was the time to learn How to do by my own , to manage the informations and the pictures i would like to show, and to be honest, my first WordPress account was not a Professional, but a private account Created only to improve my knowledge.

WordPress is a well rounded website builder

i've been using wordpress for 6+ years and out of most of the website builders out there wordpress offers the best user experience for the cost. I highly recommend looking into wordpress if you are considering building a website.

Pros

Wordpress offers everything you could possibly need when it comes to building an basic to advanced website as well as e-commerce. There is a full archive of templates and themes to pick from that allows you to create a genuine website that doesn't look like all the other template based websites out there. Aside from the themes and template when it comes to building the site, you have access to a massive archive of plugins that allows you to add all sorts of different functions and features.

Cons

the biggest issue i have with Wordpress is the most recent update they made "Gutenberg". It changed how you go about editing pages in the back end of the site and i understand what they are trying to do, but it's still a little clunky and they need to refine it.

The best option for building your own personalized website

Make sure to not get wordpress.com and wordpress.org mixed up (common newb mixup). Wordpress.com is for simple free blogging plateform with simple templates. Wordpress.org is for personalized websites. Any website you can think of. Its more than likely built on wordpress. I have a degree in graphic and web design (as well as coding) and I did web projects along side IT. I have heard from lot of IT/coding...

Pros

Wordpress is an incredible plateform for people that are looking to built websites from beginner to advance with or without having to use code (in place of wix, squarespace..etc). Also some things to note, wordpress as a company is all about education, teaching the user, and connecting like minded people together. I went to a conference they offer in st.louis called wordcamp. Please....Please go to...

Cons

I personally do not like their gutenberg page builder (the reviews on it are rough). So I use elementor pro to build my websites (honestly the best page builder in my personal opinion). I haven't tried to spend to much time learning gutenberg because I know how to use Elementor page builder plugin really well. But I can't say I have really anything to negative about wordpress. Its an open source plateform - free to the public and they are constantly striving to make a users experience better and better.

The platform to host your website

I started my WordPress-powered personal blog in 2009 and since then I have managed numerous WordPress-powered websites and blogs for research projects, small companies, Conference & event websites etc. I have been responsible for setting up the functionalities and content and everything is running smoothly, especially with the support of IT teams, when needed. Collaboration with other users in WordPress...

Pros

I have been using WordPress since about 2009, when I started my first personal blog on Wordpress.com - and it is still up and running. I love WordPress because it is probably the most user-friendly platform to start blogging or a website. There are lots of options - both free and paid - in terms of functionalities and appearance and you can easily build your own ones if you are an expert. A great advantage is the huge user community out there, always willing to help; when I have a question, the answer is usually already out there.

Cons

As expected, the Wordpress.com-hosted websites and blogs have limitations in functionality (i.e. the installation of plugins and add-ons), but there is always the option to self-host your site so you can have full access to the wealth of features.

Best CMS and Future Proof

I've been using WordPress since 2010 and haven't come across anything better. I've tried Drupal, Joomla, Wix and studied web development to build websites from zero. It can be easy enough for starters with little to no coding experience, but also offers unlimited possibilities for advanced users.

Pros

The number of plugins and how it offers unlimited possibilities for advanced users. For a new user, it might be hard to choose a theme but your best bet is with Divi or Elementor. You can build anything with them and won't have to edit the theme code to customize things with the risk of breaking it.

Cons

You need to be careful when updating WP, your theme, and plugins. I recommend setting up a staging subdomain to test everything before doing it on the live website.

Best Choice for Almost Every Website

I started working with WordPress about 4 years ago and I am still working with it. WordPress is very flexible and you can create 'almost every' kind of website with it. As a WordPress Freelancer, I have created blogs, e-commerce stores, static business sites, and many more for my clients and both me and my clients love WordPress. It's really easy to work with - even non-technical persons can operate it and customize it. I have almost no complaints with WordPress.

Pros

Most people are afraid of creating a website because it's hard and expensive. And that's where WordPress comes in - with WordPress we can create a great website easily at low cost. It's very easy to create a great looking and functioning site as WordPress has thousands of plugins and themes available online. Since WordPress is Open Source- we get the power of thousands of developers around the world. This is what I like the most about WordPress. For example - If we build a custom website and there's a security issue, we have to pay a good sum of money to security engineers to fix the issue. But if WordPress has security issue - developers around the world work together to fix the issue and we don't have to pay for it. I absolutely love this.

Cons

While creating a website in WordPress is a fast process - WordPress sites are generally slower. WordPress has many features - and you probably don't need all of them. This becomes critical when you start using site builders, page builders, plugins etc - most of them have more features than what you probably need and they bloat your site. Due to this - site slows down even more. But with proper optimization - WordPress can run blazingly fast. I have seen many WordPress sites which load in a fraction of second and many WordPress sites which take tens of seconds to load.

Wordpress, Web Management and Publishing For The Masses

I simply love Wordpress, it is one of the most intuitive Web management systems out in the field today and you simply have so much potential.

Pros

Wordpress has to be the de-facto web management and publishing software of the the second part of the millennium. It ease of use and abundant documentation makes this an easy skill to pick up for even the most novice of users. It's ease of use should not dissuade the person looking for a broad feature set that would please even the most picky web admin, it is truly easy and powerful. I would be remised if i did not say it's free for all of the core features, and can be extended with countless other tools and plugins available in its very robust plugin gallery.

Cons

Wordpress is like a Swiss Army Knife of web development and as such can be slow to get into, dimply due to the fact of having to delve thru many pieces of documentation to get up to speed. But once you do, that's when the fun begins.

WordPress for My Online Freelance Business

I have built all three of my websites on the WordPress platform which allows me to learn more about the features and plugin but even I am still learning more about what this platform offers the new and seasoned business owners, as well as the serious writer and hobby bloggers. Over the years the amazing features and beautiful themes that are easy to incorporate into the blog or website whenever you need it or you just want to redesign your little site.

Pros

I am really happy that WordPress is pretty easy to use for a brand new beginner or an seasoned expert, which I am not even close to achieving yet. I have experience in building for myself and for clients, but I always have chosen and recommended building a website or blogging site on WordPress. My clients love building on this platform, as well as always using the extremely simple ways to add and delete things from the site quickly.

Cons

Some of the features and plugin provided by WordPress can literally be so complicated that a person may need to take a class or get in and also users can just skip using these items in their new blog. They can learn in their own free time and then add it to their blog as they go. The blog owner can find tutorials that will teach them all they need to know about a feature or plugin, as well as giving them step by step guide to placing in it in your blog or website as active.

WordPress is the best CMS

We have built entire online businesses using WordPress to market products and services, make sales transactions through the website, and continue to support customers online after their purchase.

Pros

WordPress is the most flexible CMS and website development platform isn't he market. There is a reason that around 1/3 of the internet is built on WordPress and that is because it truly is the best CMS available. I can't imagine a better product backed by a better community.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for developing complex websites but that is true for any website development platform.

Wordpress for Web devolpment and SEO

Best site to develop e shop online shopping, introducing sites, some technical sites too, ERP invoicing plugins are too available, while it can also be configured with existing ERP with customized pages and access, Image gallery, video caption and form, posts tagging is good for SEO, Beautiful free/paid themes which beautify the look of menus and navigation.

Pros

Easier to install and build a web with a few clicks, adds-on, plugins are awesome which make the website with advanced feature, page management, discussion forum can be configured. Search engine optimization tools are pre built in, and easily integrated with social media plate form like, Facebook, twitter and YouTube etc.. File manager and development with coding is easier by many shortcut and WPs own defined codes/scripts, wide open support is available for development or customization.

Cons

Many bugs are found even in paid plugins, some plugins are vulnerable for website, i.e. no plugin scanned while published it to WP store. Installation configuration directory is not auto removed which can be used to attack, while admin panel access on directory is not random logarithm based, i.e. many times admin panel can be tried.

An incredible content management system (CMS) to quickly build your website.

WordPress has helped me in my career and in my business in building my own company's website, and in delivering satisfactory websites solutions to hundreds of customers. I have supported several installations and I believe it is the way to go for SMBs and with a little bit more of auditing and cautiousness it can serve the purpose of Medium and even Large size businesses.

Pros

WordPress is one of the easiest CMS available out there for quickly building a professional website with no IT skills required. It takes minutes to get the site up and few hours to get most of the website features activated and ready to use. Another interesting thing about this CMS is the fact that being open sourced, many users created plugins to interact with WordPress and provide various functionalities....

Cons

The are few drawbacks in using WordPress for website. It really depends on the level of risk you are ready to take for your installation. However, for each of the problems, there is a solution that may be free of cost money. Security is to me the main concerned of websites developed using WordPress. As the popularity of WordPress is based on the ease of use and the large developer's community building...

Facilitating my online business!

As I mentioned earlier, my journey with Wordpress has been mainly positive. Of course with every piece of software you have your off days, however these small challenges have been easily overcome and resolved.

Pros

Wordpress has allowed me to enter the online world in a way that I could never have imagined. The flexibility of the software, with all the additional plugins available, provides me with the vehicle to reach people that I would not normally have reached with traditional means of marketing. Today, I base my entire online branding and marketing within the Wordpress environment and I have never regretted it.

Cons

I have to admit, the learning curve at the beginning was daunting. However, after I completed a few free online tutorials and watched many Youtube videos, I quickly cottoned onto how the environment works and have been happy with the decision to move onto Wordpress ever since. I think one of the biggest challenges at the moment is plugin capatibility - which is not an issue with Wordpress. It depends entirely on the robustness of the plugin developers coding. Staying on top of the updates for the wordpress core is also a small hurdle that I must remind myself to perform every now and again.

WordPress gives you control, tons of features and a great platform!

WordPress has allowed me to create a seamless user experience in terms of blogging and selling. It offers unlimited options to customize my offerings, website and blog. I have seen an increase in SEO while using WordPress and appreciate that I entirely own my website rather than relying on a platform.

Pros

I love that I can customize the design and plugins on WordPress. I have a lot of control and can tweak things for optimal SEO, as well. WordPress offers unlimited options and a great deal of nimble features that can secure your site, make it beautiful, add functionality and much more. It's definitely a great option for long-term bloggers, stores and more.

Cons

I find it a bit challenging to design in comparison to something like Squarespace. But I think this tradeoff is worth it for better SEO and more control. I also find it a bit less intuitive, but with practice it gets much easier to maneuver around the platform. I have heard it can be more susceptible to attacks but haven't had any problems myself.

WordPress for Beginners

We use WordPress to create advanced/custom coded website builds for our clients looking for something completely bespoke and catered toward their needs. Word Press gives our agency a huge competitive advantage because everything we do is custom coded and not applied from a limited template (like Squarespace and Wix offer). We are able to charge the appropriate amount for custom builds and make exceptionally high quality functioning websites that makes our clients very happy and they are willing to pay premium price for these features because they understand the ROI of their investment with a custom WordPress site.

Pros

About five years ago, when I decided to launch a personal blog, I vetted almost every high profile CMS and decided on WordPress for my blog and I'm so glad I did. I knew I wanted the ability to add custom code and edit CSS and WordPress allows for complete customization. Please note: I am not a web developer and I had never coded before, however, WordPress has incredible tutorials and even templates...

Cons

I'm a beginner so editing CSS was a little tricky for me when I was first beginning. I purchased and applied a template and wanted to further add customizations and finally found the right CSS code. However, I wish the templates had a bit of a drag and drop layout feature the way Squarespace makes it so simple to design, especially for beginners. However, WordPress is one of the best and most sophisticated CMS tools available on the market and as someone who isn't a web dev, I respect the features and am excited to learn more. It's mostly user error from my end because our dev team raves about WordPress.