ConstructionOnline Logo
ConstructionOnline

Web-based project management tool for construction sector

visit website

ConstructionOnline Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.88/10

Reviews by rating

The tech support team is always a pleasure to work with, so eager to help with great patience.
The notifications that it is able to manage is very helpful. The capability to link with my customers as well as all the subcontractors is fantastic.
Integration with other programs is a great asset. Also, other tools such as the scheduling, RFIs, and Redline are a great tool as well.
The Google Calendar integration and its inability to work only one direction is one of these. Keeping track of what syncs automatically or manually between Suite and Online is frustrating too.
Poor screen layout, poor interaction with construction online, project notices go out under “constructiononline.com” address and goes directly into many client/venders junk mail and is not seen.
It is a bit frustrating that there are 2 separate programs to have to maintain in order to completely utilize the program. It just seems to be more work than what it should have to be.

Internet, 201-500 employees

UDA is Awesome!!!

If you work in construction, then you should be using this software. It is completely construction focused and what the construction industry needs.

Pros

Their customer service is unbelievably good. If you have questions or don't understand something, they work with you until you do. I'm impressed by how much time and effort has gone into putting this platform together and their constantly willingness to listen to their customers for feedback.

Cons

For there most part, I love almost everything. I wish the ToDo lists and/or punch lists had the ability to repeat those items you do on a daily basis. At the moment that's all I can think of.

JH

John H.

Review by owner/entrepreneur

Overall, it is checking all the boxes necessary for managing our company; I’m still learning how to use it myself- after almost a year after purchasing it!

Pros

It has all the features you need for running a mid-size construction company.

Cons

The learning curve is quite challenging, which makes it a tedious process to adopt and train employees.

KD

Kelley D.

Very Helpful Program

It definitely helps to keep the company organized and in communication with others

Pros

Very organized, very detailed, several awesome features, easy to collaborate within office and outside with clients

Cons

Sometimes feel like there are too many options, I don't love the way that the selection folder is set up b/c oftentimes we are not selecting products so we wouldn't use the clipper option

AS

Amanuel S.

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

ConstructionOnline

Pros

I find the platform's user-friendly interface to be a notable feature, contributing to improved overall accessibility and navigation.

Cons

While ConstructionOnline offers many valuable features, one aspect that could be enhanced is the speed of certain processes. There were instances where response times were not as prompt as desired. Improving the speed and efficiency of certain functionalities would further enhance the overall user experience.

DF

Derek F.

UDA Project Management and Estimating

Pros

We are able to upload all of the project docs and mark up in one place in stead of searching emails and other submittals. When a template is complete and we are comfortable using it, estimating becomes much easier than spreadsheets. We can track projects in real time when the field is remembering to upload items as they’re being completed.

Cons

When we upload plans it creates individual pages for a project, I wish the full drawling sets were more easily accessible.

JM

Jeff M.

Great product

Great!

Pros

Estimates and client invoicing are super easy to use

Cons

QBO synch, mobile app speed need a little work

WF

Walter F.

What I like with UDA

I have been super happy with UDA and its ease of use.

Pros

I really like the scheduling and messaging features of UDA. I find that it is so much better when all involved in decisions are all getting the same info in real time. I also really like the Redline planning room. It is the best blueprint reader I have ever used.

Cons

I feel like this is more of a internal matter with our company but I think that a lot of the features of UDA are unused as they are meant for much bigger, commercial, companies and projects. I think that if the features could be customized for the company and its needs.

JT

Joe T.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Merging UDA with our needs

So far Customer Service has been GREAT!

Pros

One source or solution, everything under one platform.

Cons

Lack of a prebuilt RS Means construction cost database option.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

This is a great product, very good customer service

When I contact the company for questions or input, they are always quick to respond with resolutions. but we hope to use the GamePlan function when it's ready

Pros

It seems to integrate well with agile books as long as you understand how QB items work. When I called for help, I received an effective and immediate solution and the project logging application was much easier than using a spreadsheet.

Cons

My only complaint is that I have waited too long to implement my software program integration. I don't really have any negative comments ... the product continues to evolve and improvements are added and unlike many systems

JK

James K.

Project Management Tool

Great Tool for Project Management and project delivery.

Pros

I like how the working group can interact with the submital and drawing stage process. Review and discussion of Construction Schedule is great

Cons

Login into other companies project file as part of the team can be difficult.

NW

Nate W.

ConstructionOnline after 1 year

onboarding, implimentation and getting set up in the beginning was incredible. ConstructionOnline moves at the speed we move, they know how to get you up and running with minimal delay.

Pros

The scheduling and calendar function are top notch. easily shifting from calendar view to Gant view makes a big difference allowing multiple user preferences. Hands down the best way to manage your build calendar.Also, their customer support is at a whole new level, no other platform comes close to the speed and efficiency of their response time.

Cons

Estimating and financials get a little cumbersome.

AJ

Aaron J.

Great Construction Management Software

I like Construction Online and can't wait to see what it will improve into down the line. It's come a long way from where it was years ago.

Pros

My favorite feature is being able to access project information anywhere. You can see the schedule, tasks, pictures, and plans. Collaboration can happen quickly with it problem solving.

Cons

Data and Business Intelligence features could use some improvement, but that's the typical failing of the entire industry.

KA

Kenneth A.

Big Fan!!!

Pros

I really like the estimating integration and project tracking. Its nice to have a platform to house all the information about one project.

Cons

Adding Sheets to a current set is a cumbersome. It would be great id we could add the Architects revision number instead of V1 V2 etc.

CN

Casey N.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Powerful software with a learning curve

The biggest benefit is everything being in one place.

Pros

The selection picker is definitely something we use a lot and helps keep the myriad of selections in a home organized, such that they can be sliced and diced by trade/room etc. Redline plan room we've recently starting using. The ability to do our own takeoffs is super handy. More than any feature, the support you get is invaluable. The team is always ready and willing to help you figure out how to use the software to meet your goals. The ability to have a set of shared plans is super helpful, as you can make field modifications in real time and have them reflected on all your coworkers plans as well, and vice-versa.

Cons

Construction Online doesn't *look* as user-friendly as say, Trello or Monday.com, but it has all the features and more. It takes considerable training to take advantage of all the capabilities and that makes it hard to adopt across a team that's busy doing other things. Making a lot of the features more user-friendly interface like would help. Bite-sized training, like pre-recorded sessions that introduce users to functions in an organized way, building on previous lessons would be helpful. The support is very helpful and willing to help you get started, but you need to know what you want to accomplish for them to guide you there. Starting fresh, you don't even know what you want yet.

KB

Kimberley B.

Construction Project Management

This is new software to everyone in our organization. I was brought in to assist with integrating the new software by learning it and then teaching it. Overall that process has been easily incorporated.

Pros

I use the time tracking, contacts, lead tracking and opportunities. Out of the parts I use, I like the time tracking system. It is easy to adjust for missed or incorrect punches, the notes and photos sections make tracking the completion of the work into a simple monitoring source. I do wish there were a way to add a break or lunch time entry for when those punches get missed.

Cons

I get frustrated with not all the time punch notes, To Do, Checklists, Punchlist items, Daily Logs, Work Logs from all jobs not flowing into the Overview section. When employees are creating any type of entry that includes photos or notes, it should flow into the Overview section, without having to put it into multiple areas. I would also like to see the ability to track insurance certificate expiration more easily. Having to put it on the calendar with repeating recurrences can be confusing for not having the option for "Never End".

HP

Hector P.

Lost with out it!

I have been using this software on since 2015 and has been extremely satisfied. I operate as a small residential Contractor and use UDA Suite and Construction online for Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports), Redline/Plan Room. I use this software on a daily basis and it helps me stay organized.

Pros

Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports) and Redline/Plan Room. The infrequent times I have an issue or question someone is readily available to help and resolve it immediately. For Example- I called about upgrading my Construction Suite and their Support Specialist Win [SENSITIVE CONTENT] handle my questions in an efficient and professional manner. I'm up running again!

Cons

For me it is helpful to able to see load paths through out my projects. It would be great if you would include an overlay feature in red line/plan room.

BH

Brenda H.

Construction, 1-10 employees

7 Years and Still Running!

Pros

The app for the field has been a game changer for us. It bridged a gap between our office staff and the field staff in ways I didn't know would happen. Recently, integrating with QB has also blown my mind at how fast the PM in the field can see the project actual costs. He is now able to make those hard decisions much more quickly and with confidence.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is I wish there was an event log or something we can reference when changes are made. I also wish there was an automated numbering system for estimates.

KA

Krista A.

Construction, 11-50 employees

A helpful, one stop shop platform

Some business items we do with Construction Online is tracking our client's selections for their projects. Whether it is a kitchen remodel, ADU or a new barn or shop, I can do it all on UDA. It tracks their allowances and costs and lets them see all their choices they've made.

Pros

We use Construction Online to upload and showcase our client's selections for their residential projects. I love how it shows the "Selections Overage Summary" Our client's really like to see the running total as well. Oh and one other thing that is probably my favorite feature is the "picker tool!" It is so helpful and convenient!

Cons

That it can take a while to load sometimes, but that may just be my computer.

EA

Eris A.

Design, 1-10 employees

UDA Construction Has Been Beneficial for Our Design Business

Pros

UDA is a convenient place for all of our client's documents to be stored and shared across clients, subcontractors, project manager, and designers. The feature that allows clients to "approve" each choice ensures that their desires are withheld during the building process. Having a virtual format for all of this information is essential for our design business where clients are often out of state and makes communication easier. The live chat function on the software is great for questions about the software that are quickly answered by a representative.

Cons

The organization of categories, selections, and choices could be improved by having more flexibility for their organization. Often, we have multiple choices for a selection, and it would be easier for our flow for a client to approve multiple choices within a selection. However, we have found ways to work around this limitation.

GM

Greg M.

Good Software

Happy with the software and depend on it daily. I have been using it for over 8 years.

Pros

Many features aid in the management of projects

Cons

There are several options or features that could help us but they are additional costs and we are already paying a lot for C.O. and we can't justify the additional cost. Quickbooks integration is fair but causes some reporting issues that make job costing difficult.

TR

Tim R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Long Term Users

We have used the program for over 12 years and there have been many enhancements that we feel help us in running our projects and bringing good communications to our team.

Pros

The program is very robust and allows us to use parts that fit our businesses well. It is critical to stay in good communications with everyone on the project team, CO makes that easy!

Cons

In Scheduling, the ability to select multiple assigned people to a single task. The program will close down speratically from time to time.

DR

Dilcia R.

Construction, 1-10 employees

New user managing company projects with ConstructionOnline

Our company is migrating fully to ConstructionOnline for our project management and so far the experience even including subcontractors and clients has been fairly easy, everything is in one place and can be accessed from wherever we are.

Pros

Most of the software is kind of self-explanatory, which makes everything really easy to navigate. When I need help the team of tech support is a click away and always has the answer to what I need.

Cons

There are some features that in our opinion are missing: E.g. Being able to create an invoice with multiple change orders at the time. Watermarks when printing an schedule.

BT

Barry T.

Construction,

ConstructionOnline reliability & support

Pros

Something that seems to be increasingly rare these days is that the company behind Construction Online (and Construction Suite) stands behind their product 100% and the quality & level of support is how I wish all my suppliers and business partners were. Over the years I have looked at alternative systems just to make sure we are not missing out on a better alternative ... and I am confident we are...

Cons

I genuinely do not have any negative comments ... the product continues to grow and enhancements are added and unlike many systems, they do appear to test pretty thoroughly before releasing an update to the software.

JH

Joshua H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Second time around, Still useful.

I started with UDA years ago with construction suite. We used suite for the pre-con, and CO for the daily management. CO is getting better every day. I would love to see more webinars for continued training.

Pros

This software gives you the best bang for the buck. There are only a few programs on the market that will do everything that CO does, and only CO integrates everything and makes it easier for the user.

Cons

Some of the features from Construction suite have not moved over to CO. The client website looks dated and it is not extremely user friendly.

JK

Jennifer K.

SBC Review

Pros

Financial integration with Quickbooks. Estimating land project scheduling are the best features.

Cons

Estimating spreadsheet could be a little more residential builder friendly. Contacts vs Lead tracking is a little confusing and complicated to have both sections. Opportunities do not have communications (this is a time when we are communicating a lot with the client). COL also could use a section to send out bids and get replies from there. Selections could also use an update. It can get very confusing.