ConstructionOnline Reviews

Pros

The client portal is great for keeping your customer engaged in the process and customer support is outstanding.

MF

Mack F.

The reason Construction Suite wins all of these top awards are evident. The program works fantastic and if there are any issues, the support staff is by far...the best I've ever experienced.

BK

Bob K.

Integration with other programs is a great asset. Also, other tools such as the scheduling, RFIs, and Redline are a great tool as well.

CR

Chris R.

Cons

The Google Calendar integration and its inability to work only one direction is one of these. Keeping track of what syncs automatically or manually between Suite and Online is frustrating too.

PS

Peter S.

Poor screen layout, poor interaction with construction online, project notices go out under “constructiononline.com” address and goes directly into many client/venders junk mail and is not seen.

CC

Charles C.

It is a bit frustrating that there are 2 separate programs to have to maintain in order to completely utilize the program. It just seems to be more work than what it should have to be.

SC

Sara C.

How would you rate ConstructionOnline?

Always a pleasure

The tech support team is always a pleasure to work with, so eager to help with great patience.

Pros

Very user friendly. Extension to add products is a great time saver

Cons

I really have not come across anything to write about

Tech support is awesome.

Speeds my construction process.

Pros

Estimating and scheduling

Cons

Mobile app. Would like access to the entire program...primarily budget. Would like Item level estimating like Suite.

Slight growing adjustments but worth it

Pros

The online tool takes away a lot of the monotonous emailing I have to do and helps keep everyone on board. It also reduces the number of calls I get. Clients really seem to love it and feel more connected. UDA's customer service is great. we have the ongoing support so we call anytime we have a question.

Cons

Growing pains. I was used to doing things the old way and stuck in those habits. Learning a new system is hard, but it can be freeing.

The purpose of this review is to give a shout out to one of your Product Specialists ...

What I want to relay the most to you is that I can honestly say that every single time I have called the UDA Helpline and have spoken to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , I was greeted with kindness, serviced with professionalism and overall want you to know that in my opinion, she would be one of your most valuable assets and employees!

Pros

The product support and moreso, the absolute professionalism and kindness of your Product Specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Cons

I like the software; when I call in it is usually with a question having to do with how Suite and Online talk to each other.

Small Construction Company Use

Pros

It keeps all you data in one place. It also is compatible with Quickbooks.

Cons

A definite learning curve when navigating through the software. Does have some limitations with transporting data to Quickbooks.

Communicating with my contractors is the best value of this product, if you get updated plans you upload and then are able to send quickly to everyone to update them.

Pros

I like this is easy to use and easy to explain to my contractors for their use and accessiblity.

Cons

It's so easy to use, I guess just learning the intricate little parts in each field is my least favorite.

Checked them all out

Very dedicated, professional and pleasant staff to work with. I am not an easy customer, I have owned my business for over 37 years and was set in my ways. When I started to use this program I realized immediately that this was going to make us more efficient and better organized. Its a no brainer.

Pros

User interface, ease of use in most places. Color coordinating to help you streamline program and the fact that it started to save me time right from the beginning. Support team is great and they really try to help you move along. Overall its easy to navigate and they don't put a whole bunch of things that you will never use. They really do work hard to make it easy for us.

Cons

There really is no cons, they are the real deal.

Check List option

It has been very good

Pros

Estimating, scheduling and QB intergration

Cons

Did not include and integrated take-off feature at first

All in one place

Pros

I like the ability to track all my projects resources and material in one place. The system is also easy to navigate. Tabs help a lot.

Cons

The "Resource Type" drop down menu is seriously lacking in construction trades. An option was added to add "New Types" but the system doesn't save it. So we have trades on-site for multiple days that we have scroll to "New Type" and type in the trade. If I add it, it should keep it. Same for adding a specific subcontractor. If I add "Joes Masonry" to the system on the 1st day he arrives, it should auto-populate from that point forward.

Great Experience

My experience with COL is always so great - The webinars that they host are a perfect way to learn new tricks with the system, and for me to catch up to speed since I have not been utilizing the system long. Also, when I reach out to the company for questions or input they always are so quick to respond with resolutions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] especially has been my guru with a lot of my questions and extremely helpful! They create a great partnership with their customer experience.

Pros

I like how the software is very easy to use. I have not been on the team long, but have been able to quickly catch up because of how simple and effortless it can be to run a project.

Cons

The COL team is working hard on implementing new ideas, so I am sure that this will be resolved - But I had mentioned to them that the costs for selections should link directly with a line item in the estimate (similar to change orders).

Invaluable to a growing sub-contractor

SNR Contractors & Associates started in 2009 as a family run business with 3-4 people. Today we have over 120 people working for or with us in one capacity or another. Our business has doubled each year for the last 4 years. Construction online has been incredibly helpful in keeping our Owner and PM's updated on daily activities and in conjunction with our Foundation accounting program will give us the incite to grow even more in the coming years.

Pros

Easy to use and update. Expandable. You can use only what you want or practice with the newer options until you are sure you want to use them.

Cons

Occasional outages through the Construction Online sometimes slow down the input and receipt of information. No formal training for mobile users.

Construction Suite provides our business with a template for success.

Pros

Our company likes the available templates and contracts that act as a great starting point for project documentation. We also like the estimating reports and the reminders that can be added to a schedule. We have just recently begun using Construction Online and have high hopes for this to be a valuable platform for project management with subcontractors and to improve client communication.

Cons

Because the software is full featured, it can be hard to use at times, somewhat complex. The biggest functional issue is the lack of a bid management component to solicit and receive subcontractor and supplier bids and feed into an proposal.

Constantly improving. Best tool we are using in our commercial GC business.

The ease of collaboration in the fast paced commercial world I work in sums it up best

Pros

Red Line Plan Room, RFI's, Submittals. Pretty much all of the commercial tools are invaluable to me. I stand by ease of navigation as well.

Cons

The mobile apps seem a little inconsistent. Wish they were all the same format which would help me teach our field users

UDA stands the test of time

Pros

The estimates work the way I work and the way my boss works. The support team listens and is always available with chat.

Cons

With Construction On Line I do not have the ability to keep drawings stored locally. That is to say that I want to walk a jobsite and have drawings right on my iPad. They will load but rendering time makes it impractical to use this way

Lost and Found

I have a small construction company in Hawaii, my wife did all of the "heavy lifting" with UDA and was always on top of how things worked. I have been forced into double duty covering all aspects UDA and Quick books our accounting program. It is such a relief to know that I can pick up the phone and get the answers to my questions or even better have the UDA tech. log on to my computer and help me find my way. The representative did not hesitate to sign on and get me up and running.

Pros

Online help and constantly updating the program.

Cons

Due to my location (Hawaii) the hours of operation are a bit of a challenge especially when Daylight savings time is in effect.

UDA Review

Pros

Coming from using a different construction planning software - I am seeing many things about UDA that I like. Obviously learning a new system can be trying - the service provided by this vendor that has helped me the most is the Live Chat option...If I only have a limited time to set something up or enter something in and hit a road block I can easily overcome it using the Live Chat vs trying to figure it out and burn through all my time...As far as the software - I am still learning but I really like what I see

Cons

In all honesty - I need to learn more about this product before I provide an opinion...as it sits right now - I am very pleased with what I see...other than creating schedules and moving tasks around and linking tasks to predecessors...sometimes the predecessors don't want to link up...but a simple page refresh seems to fix it.

PM Software First Time User

Having current information at hand for Owners, Trades and Suppliers, in one place, that they have access to, has proven to be an invaluable to the logistics, coordination, timing and overall success of our projects.

Pros

We are a commercial/multi-family contractor building in the Carolinas and know after shopping that Construction Online is the best value for the money. It is capable of meeting our needs.

Cons

Since the implementation of the current version of Construction Online I can't name any.

ConstructionOnline has vastly improved our project management!

Pros

ConstructionOnline allows our team to seamlessly handle multiple projects at one time. From the office staff to the project managers in the field, we are able to communicate and manage the project together using ConstructionOnline and the mobile apps. Project Logging is a crucial feature to our business, and running Project Logging reports has allowed us to provide updated project information to our clients at any point in time. I honestly could not imagine our office functioning the way it does without the organization and features in ConstructionOnline.

Cons

Nothing! I have only good things to say about ConstructionOnline.

Very pleasant and helpful with every person I have been dealing with

Pros

The organizational aspects of the software, record keeping and tracking of all the infirmation pertaining to the different jobs. Above all the Internet capabilities just great

Cons

I don't know yet, so far my experience has been very positive. The costs of the add on's not very clear

Very Concise and User Friendly

Pros

I like the simplicity of the software. The newest features that allow for creations of submittals is very helpful as well, I can manage multiple facets of a project through one system which is very convenient. The operations are very simple to understand and use. It has been very helpful with keeping records of ongoing work as well as the creation of punch list work. I like that subcontractors information can be centralized as to make notifying/distributing information much easier.

Cons

I have been unable to find project logs from previous projects, when i look for work logs created in the past months, the entry has been recorded but I cannot open or view the details of the log created for that day.

Organize our projects from conception to completion.....

Pros

Efficiently organizes estimates & proposals along with change orders, pictures and other project documentation....allows communication of job information & documents with out of state customers & key company personnel via internet......this software is a good value....

Cons

While periodic updates are overall, generally improvements to the program, sometimes specific functions that once worked well become more complicated or "clunky"

I use UDA for Estimate, contracts and cost tracking

Pros

I can honestly say that UDA Construction Online has been one of the primary tools that has enabled our company to grow from a small , "Home Office" construction company to a large design build firm with 10 employees and a full service kitchen and bath showroom. The customer service is unsurpassed and I never hesitate to call for help.

Cons

Like all software platforms, occasional upgrades cause new learning curves.

Tech-support

Coding invoices with other coworkers that are on the job sit and im at the office.

Pros

How user friendly it is. Easy to work. I can put in a invoice for a job, and then my other two coworkers can look at it when they have time. Win was super helpful with me yesterday. He took his time with me. Also called back today and was super helpful again.

Cons

nothing really, it super easy and user friendly

UDA Construction Online- AWESOME!!

Pros

It gives us at Shamrock Renewable Energy Services a big plus for our customers to be able to login and check their necessary information. We have ours to give our customer a realtime update of Nightly Reports, Pictures, Product specs, Engineering, etc. It allows everyone (regardless of where they live or work) to login on their computer and/or mobile device and see what has been done for the day, regarding solar construction.

Cons

Sometimes there are some glitches when uploading Project Plans, but that's a given with software. We are VERY pleased with how it's helped us with our business!

Six years and counting for UDA usage.

Pros

The product is great but what makes it all worthwhile is the awesome tech support! Every person I get to work with is kind, patient ( totally patient :)) and definitely helpful. I don't think I've ever had an unresolved problem. The care form the UDA team is outstanding and they should be an example for all to follow.

Cons

There are a lot of ways to omit a number, calculation, etc without knowing it, which can really put you in a bind if you're not careful.