ConstructionOnline Logo

ConstructionOnline

Web-based project management tool for construction sector

ConstructionOnline Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.88/10

Reviews by rating

The tech support team is always a pleasure to work with, so eager to help with great patience.
The notifications that it is able to manage is very helpful. The capability to link with my customers as well as all the subcontractors is fantastic.
Integration with other programs is a great asset. Also, other tools such as the scheduling, RFIs, and Redline are a great tool as well.
The Google Calendar integration and its inability to work only one direction is one of these. Keeping track of what syncs automatically or manually between Suite and Online is frustrating too.
Poor screen layout, poor interaction with construction online, project notices go out under “constructiononline.com” address and goes directly into many client/venders junk mail and is not seen.
It is a bit frustrating that there are 2 separate programs to have to maintain in order to completely utilize the program. It just seems to be more work than what it should have to be.

Internet, 201-500 employees

UDA is Awesome!!!

If you work in construction, then you should be using this software. It is completely construction focused and what the construction industry needs.

Pros

Their customer service is unbelievably good. If you have questions or don't understand something, they work with you until you do. I'm impressed by how much time and effort has gone into putting this platform together and their constantly willingness to listen to their customers for feedback.

Cons

For there most part, I love almost everything. I wish the ToDo lists and/or punch lists had the ability to repeat those items you do on a daily basis. At the moment that's all I can think of.

JH

Jason H.

Uda construction online

I have used uda since 2007, when I decided to go to an online platform I tried several, none of them had the easy user platform that construction online had

Pros

Estimate budget tracking, scheduling, the use of subcategories, the ability to set tax rates, and profit margins

Cons

You can not adjust the schedule from the mobile app

DJ

DJ J.

Construction, 51-200 employees

We are excited to put gameplan into action, but it seems it needs some work first

Our business uses it for scheduling, but we are looking forward to using the GamePlan function when it is ready

Pros

If GamePlan works as it should, this could almost turn our operations into a self driving car. The increased efficiency and convenience we expect to get out of this should have a direct impact on our bottom line, as well as our ability to leave our clients satisfied

Cons

The OnSite App seems to need work before we can even use this. The language used in the app is confusing as well as the functionality. This makes the likelihood of proper use by our guys in the field highly unlikely, which could be worse than if we don't use GamePlan at all. It needs to be clear to the user that they just "Completed" the task. Currently, it says "Dismiss Event," which sounds more like...

DC

Dallas C.

CKR Review

Pros

I like that we are able to build cost books to make estimating simpler. The various templates are very helpful as well.

Cons

I think the general UI could use some help. It is not always intuitive on where to find certain information. I wish you could enter addresses for calendar events since some of our meetings take place at clients homes.

CS

Chris S.

Construction Online is a Must Have

Our company has used Construction Online for almost 10 years now. The UDA team made the tailoring of their product to our specific needs really easy and the learning curve with our organization was quite short. Construction Online has improved every aspect from our estimating to our production and the whole client experience. I would never start another project without the full workings of it going through Construction Online.

Pros

Our primarily use for Construction Online is estimating, scheduling and job costing, and these features have been integral to our success as a company. We can easily build budgets for our clients, schedule projects and then track the job costing throughout the duration of the project. Everything can be built with templates which saves numerous hours and the real time job costing helps guides decisions throughout the build. The scheduling has allowed our project managers to plan well in advance which has created a smooth construction process.

Cons

The documents which can be autogenerated are great but I have found it quite tough to customize them to a format which can be sent directly to our clients or trade partners. This is more of just a personal preference rather than a drawback to the product.

lK

lisa K.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

My best investment ever

My sales person was great. Very detailed and gave me his number to call with problems but I didn't have any. This has been the best experience. I would recommend anyone to give UDA a try.

Pros

installation was as simple as clicking a link. Very user friendly and easy to install. Technical support is available but I never used it because I had no issues. I was able to do everything myself.

Cons

I have not identified any issues. I am able to manage my projects from beginning to end. This is exactly what I needed.

GC

Greg C.

Housing Project

Keeping a major development organized, and communication between al aspects of the company smooth.

Pros

Easy start up and intuitive to use. Transferable from laptop to tablet to phone.

Cons

When taking photos of multiple Projects, it is necessary to back completely out of the Program and then re-enter. There is no way to jump from project to project.

AT

Alexander T.

New User

Solving having an abundance of paperwork and being able to streamline tasks into a simpler form

Pros

Being able to manage all your information under one platform. Functions and tasks are easy to assign and follow up

Cons

Merging and naming of blueprint pages, software does not recognize and at times sorts them out of sequence

EA

Eris A.

Design, 1-10 employees

UDA Construction Has Been Beneficial for Our Design Business

Pros

UDA is a convenient place for all of our client's documents to be stored and shared across clients, subcontractors, project manager, and designers. The feature that allows clients to "approve" each choice ensures that their desires are withheld during the building process. Having a virtual format for all of this information is essential for our design business where clients are often out of state and makes communication easier. The live chat function on the software is great for questions about the software that are quickly answered by a representative.

Cons

The organization of categories, selections, and choices could be improved by having more flexibility for their organization. Often, we have multiple choices for a selection, and it would be easier for our flow for a client to approve multiple choices within a selection. However, we have found ways to work around this limitation.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

This is a great product, very good customer service

When I contact the company for questions or input, they are always quick to respond with resolutions. but we hope to use the GamePlan function when it's ready

Pros

It seems to integrate well with agile books as long as you understand how QB items work. When I called for help, I received an effective and immediate solution and the project logging application was much easier than using a spreadsheet.

Cons

My only complaint is that I have waited too long to implement my software program integration. I don't really have any negative comments ... the product continues to evolve and improvements are added and unlike many systems

JM

Josh M.

Great Software

Construction Online has really helped our company. We love customer service and the willingness to consider our feature requests.

Pros

All-in-one functionality. Super great customer service.

Cons

There are just a few minor features that we would be great. 1) Not counting QB credit card credit as cost. 2) Being able to see what costs came in from QB for each Construction Online category.

JL

Johanna L.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Katy taught me how to update contacts to allow for punchlist viewing by our team members.

So many! Help with organizing - help with scheduling - help with wrangling everything!!! Gotta get back to work.

Pros

I enjoy the cross platform functionality. It's so great to be able to access our files from any location, either online or from our servers in the office. This makes a big difference as our team (and project list) continues to grow - we can allow viewing of select items/lists and we don't need to force anyone to use Mac or Windows to work within UDA. Far surpassing any software features, though, the...

Cons

A trifling issue, but since you asked - when I add documents from our computer to the Project Files for a job, it's pretty wonky and time consuming. If I drag an item to the file list, instead of showing it was added - the file list scrolls back to the top so I have to scroll back down to see if it was even added - which it usually wasn't. This happens each time. This means I've taken to adding each...

DD

Darrell D.

Overview by Darrell DeBoard

I am getting more accurate estimates due to the detailed lists. I am getting better job management from my Project Manager with the daily job reports. I am able to send my customer a job work schedule, so they know what to expect and when.

Pros

The detailed list on the estimating program helps to remind me of each item to price. The change order option is very helpful because it becomes part of the base bid, and it is designed to allow me to track the draws each week.

Cons

I give my project manager a copy of the estimate without the mark-up info. It would be helpful if I could print off a copy of the estimate with all the details of the estimate, but without doing a proposal to get that copy.

EF

Eugene F.

As a UDA Construction User,

Wonderful

Pros

I use this software on a daily basis and the organization it brings to my project tracking, and scheduling is unbelievable. From estimates to completion, the software makes it possible to keep track of it all. What great software!

Cons

About the software itself, I have no complaints. I have been using UDA Construction since 2004 and the software has a learning curve that needs a serious commitment and that is one of the reasons why I like the app so much because a lot of the data can be updated from the field. The learning curve was steep over the years but it has only skilled me in how one should think around construction projects which is also a benefit. The learning curve, however, for me has been slow for the simple reason that as my experience and projects grew the demand exponentially grew on the software itself, so my learning curve followed that trend.

TF

Tony F.

Construction Online

Overall, this has been a positive experience. We are far more organized, information seems to flow more easily between parties, and we have realized a more streamlined process.

Pros

We are a small GC entity for an owner/manager of commercial properties. Construction Online allows us to easily manage multiple projects simultaneously whether we are the GC or just the owner's rep. It ahs paid for itself just in tracking of change orders alone. The fact that we can have one place to with one easy interface to store and retrieve information is absolutely amazing. It has allowed us to be better at what we do in the field because we spend less time trying to organize job folders.

Cons

The scheduling portion was a difficult piece to get to function properly Trying to have predecessors, getting the Gantt chart to layout correctly, and the schedule to print properly were all too difficult. We purchased Microsoft Project as a result.

JN

James N.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great software, even better customer service

Excellent. We have had a learning curve as we have integrated our entire system into UDA, but customer service has been on top of it. Anytime we need help, we get it right away. And we are not having to use multiple systems for project management, time keeping, document uploading, etc.

Pros

The features are endless. We can everything in UDA that we used to do in 4 different platforms. There is a lot to learn, but the outstanding customer services makes the process easy.

Cons

There is a learning curve as you get started. There are just so many features that we are still learning about.

MC

Michael C.

Good Construction Software

I been using Construction Suite and Construction Online for many years. It is a well thought out software.

Pros

Construction Online gives me the value of having everything I need in one place. Plus the client portal is a major plus for communication with my clients on change orders, scheduling, etc.

Cons

Don't have any complaints. Sometimes when you need someone to help you, it may be awhile before they do call back.

JL

Justin L.

Third Space Builders

Pros

The financial reports are instrumental for our business.

Cons

Building the construction schedules could use a feature that lets you add lag days.

JH

Joshua H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Second time around, Still useful.

I started with UDA years ago with construction suite. We used suite for the pre-con, and CO for the daily management. CO is getting better every day. I would love to see more webinars for continued training.

Pros

This software gives you the best bang for the buck. There are only a few programs on the market that will do everything that CO does, and only CO integrates everything and makes it easier for the user.

Cons

Some of the features from Construction suite have not moved over to CO. The client website looks dated and it is not extremely user friendly.

CA

Charles A.

Design,

Construction online helps me keep it all straight

Pros

CO keeps all my documents, notes, logs, appointments and anything else I need to put in there and organizes it in a simple way so I can get what I need when I need it. This business can be crazy, and CO is a powerful tool that lets me keep things under control. I'm learning more all the time, and I know I don't use it to its fullest yet, but even so my business has shown a tremendous impact. Staying organized is what it is all about. The guys at UDA have always been so helpful and respectful. They are able to guide me when I need it even if I am under a deadline and stressed out. If there is a problem they cant't fix on the phone, they can get on the screen share and find a solution or get back to me with a fix in a reasonable time.

Cons

I have no complaints at all. Maybe I'd like it more if they were headquartered in my town.

RM

Ray M.

Convenient and user friendly

Pros

This product is affordable and convenient for meeting all the essential management team criteria

Cons

Cons: great user-friendly tracking tools. easy daily log system

lb

layne b.

Has allowed us to greatly streamline our opperations

Pros

The project and team management tools will be a huge asset to our system. I like the ability to create templates. I think the estimating is easy to use and very useful

Cons

I would like to be able to have some initial set up control power on my end when setting up sub contractors. It's absolutely essential that I be able to pull up the estimating docs from the app, so as to cross reference different items. Simply looking at a pdf version is not the same. I think there should be a way to classify projects. For example, once a contract is signed I would turn the project...

DG

David G.

Construction Management for Pros

Great for keeping all members of the team on the same page.

Pros

Ease of use, thoroughness of job costing and seamless integration between estimating and document generation.

Cons

Two things: 1. Cost. Although it is a good value, there should be tiered plans for smaller companies with fewer users. 2. Better Project Management options to keep track of hours and material costs during a project.

NL

Nicole L.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Construction Needs

Overall, we are very happy with this software.

Pros

There are several things that we find useful with this software. The ease of being able to add items and the fact things can be added from different contractors at job sites makes this a great website.

Cons

There are so many features, sometimes it takes quite a bit of time figuring it out.

RC

Robert C.

Construction,

It just keeps getting BETTER!

Pros

I feel the product reflects the care and concern that the personnel of UDA Technologies project when they are asked to answer questions or provide technical help. The updates and changes with the interface keep reducing my work load in the office, while providing me with better cost control and work flow. The next best thing is you have resisted the "pitfall" of out sourcing your support group this is a major plus.

Cons

That I have to get up at 2 in the morning to get questions answered, as they say,"it's the price you pay for living in paradise" Hawaii