DocSend Reviews

DocSend

Secure document sharing and tracking for professionals.

4.63/5 (43 reviews)

Pros
  • Love the ease of use and how in depth info they give you. I am able to track everything from who is opening my document, when they are opening it, what kind of device and where they are.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Its not a silver bullet, but it makes it just a little harder to hit forward and share with someone that may not have as high integrity as you'd hope.GRANT C.Read the full review
  • Professional, flexible, scalable technology that makes every start-up look good and gives every investor a sense of confidence.Dave W.Read the full review
Cons
  • But their lack of transparency on their website, coupled with their inept customer service response gave me a total lack of trust in this company.Wayne D.Read the full review
  • I think personal version almost no reporting, something that could be a withdrawal since next subscription plan is 4.5x more expensive.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The value of the service is far low from the exorbitant amount of money required for the subscription. In addition, the limitations seriously impede any serious transfers to be done.Ovidiu P.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Dave Whelan

DocSend: Don’t raise funds without it!

Reviewed 2019-09-25

Having received numerous business plans in the past via DocSend, I was incredibly impressed and quickly decided that we had to use it to communicate with our prospective investors and partners. Getting set up with DocSend was fast and easy, and managing documents and communications has been a breeze. What really keeps me coming back is the fast pace of innovation with new features and ideas. Raising money is a top priority for many companies. DocSend is an essential tool to make fundraising a success.

Pros

Cons
Sometimes confusing to differentiate between content, spaces, etc. Sometimes confusing to figure out how to create custom links.

Laura Pulgarin

Great tool to share files securely

Reviewed 2020-02-14

Pros
We like the integration with gmail. It allows us to share large files easily, while keeping track of who opens it.

Cons
We feel the e-signature feature needs lots of improvement. We would love to see form completion and signature so we could have share our business agreements/contracts using this platform. Also it will be great to share videos privately and keep track of who watches de video.

Dr Raj Bhakta

Required Software for any Entrepreneur

Reviewed 2020-04-08

Pros
The fact that I can track who views it, where it's viewed, and how many times is a big deal whether for fundraising or business development.

Cons
Yes, I wish I could share videos securely and track views within docsend or with a standalone docsend video feature. It's my number 1 future feature want.

Wayne Davis

Buyer Beware! DocSend Does Not Prevent Document Downloads

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-11-25

Pros
Pricing looked attractive. BUT it turned out this was a "you get what you pay for" situation.

Cons
DocuSend falsely claims that you can set the software to disallow downloading of documents. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] This is NOT true. What they don't tell you is that anyone can simply Print the document to PDF. When I challenged their customer service people on this, they claimed that they couldn't stop it, but that their software would distort the document so it is not readable. It is true that longer multi-page documents were cut off after 5+ pages, but the material that was left was only distorted by less than 10% of the content.... meaning that it is possible that a substantial leakage of your confidential info could occur. It wouldn't be so bad if they simply owned up to the lack of this feature in their software; then a buyer can decide whether the feature is necessary and the rest of the package is worth the price. But their lack of transparency on their website, coupled with their inept customer service response gave me a total lack of trust in this company.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

DocSend, The BIG BROTHER of documents and presentations

Reviewed 2020-02-14

DocSend has help us out in the sales department to: 1.- Get a much clear idea of how many people are really taking the time to see and read our documents. 2.- Realize who is really interested in the information, since it gives you a report on how many times a single user enters your document. 3.- Get an idea of what page exactly is the one that our users pay more attention to, since we can access statistics of how many minutes per page each user invest on.

Pros
1.-Easy of use for managing documents on the platform 2.-Extremely easy way to upload files to the software 3.-Weekly reports by email 4.- Really love that you could see who access your files, how many times and the time spent per page

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Michael Chow

Great tool for sending documents and getting quantitative feedback

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Valuable tool for fundraising and sales documents

Pros
Awareness of when your audience engages with time sensitive documents (eg fundraising pitchdecks)

Cons
Generally good value - our usage ebbs and flows so wish we could price by usage if minimal activity that month

GRANT CANARY

Keep your decks confidential-and get feedback

Reviewed 2019-09-08

Expiring links on decks hosted in the cloud is super helpful to control where decks go and to whom they're shared with. Its not a silver bullet, but it makes it just a little harder to hit forward and share with someone that may not have as high integrity as you'd hope.

Pros
I love the feedback on the decks I send out to potential investors. Who has reviewed them, how long they spend on them. Its also VERY mobile friendly so that's amazing. I've heard from 1st hand sources of companies where well meaning investors offered to share a competitor's deck (they declined). This is less likely to happen with DocSend and a link that expires on a date you set. Especially impressed with the new features that the DocSend has rolled out in the last month.

Cons
I want the same features and support for video!

Daniel Jung

Great tool, great UX

Reviewed 2019-09-25

great, use it all the time, I promote it actively

Pros
control confidential information, get insights, simple and good UX

Cons
I think you guys could upgrade the logo and look of the interface, but thats not really too relevant as it is about function and function is great

Oleg Volodin

One of the best tools to measure customer engagement

Reviewed 2020-03-03

Pros
The Top-3 features I really like are: 1) viewing total time a user spent on every page to track what pages works well and what should be improved 2) custom links for the specific user to track what is relevant for him and what is not 3) integration with PersistIQ for tracking the behavior of every user without creating the custom link for everyone manually

Cons
1) The free version is very limited, you cannot even display a social preview for your documents, which makes you unable to evaluate the real impact (Docsend's icon, instead of a social preview, decreases the open rate) 2) All custom links are displayed in one list and if you're using a lot of them - it's hard to sort them and to find the right one 3) you have always keep in mind that you should use the specific link for your team, it would be better if you could filter visits by IP to screen out team visits (like Google Analytics does)

Simon Mills

A must have

Reviewed 2019-12-02

Intuitive, smart, professional.

Pros
Tracking the opens & time spent on each slide, one click NDA, data room spaces.

Cons
Price for multiple users is hefty for a startup so we just have one admin.

Anonymous

Best way to track docs that are being sent

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Pros
Love the ease of use and how in depth info they give you. I am able to track everything from who is opening my document, when they are opening it, what kind of device and where they are. I have been using docsend since it beginning stages and it has came such a far way and is huge now.. We use it to do e-signatures on waivers we send out as well and the open and click rate is through the roof wether you use it or not it is super simple for someone to sign a doc.

Cons
They have had a few bugs here and there which is lost me some time in work but as they grew and got stronger the service downtime has been minimal

Maxime Hurel

Docsend is a good analytics tool for your presentation

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
- Very user-friendly - Easy to understand analytics for our documents - Support for many document types - The tool also gives the facility of giving a live walkthrough of the documents via phone or in person.

Cons
- NO Support for pitch videos - It's little expensive - Sometime the website is very slow.

Response from DocSend

Maxime, thanks so much for the review! We'd love to help you out with any questions around pitch videos / site performance. We'll follow up with you in just a moment.

Sanjit Singh

This is an essential product that works well and provides excellent tech support.

Reviewed 2018-01-14

It helps me track prospect content engagement.

Pros
I really like the analytics it offers that shows engagement of the user. I also like that users can download content if they want. And finally, I love the way content looks on mobile.

Cons
I wish they had a feature like Pocket so people could save content for later. Also, I would love users to be able to listen to content rather than just read it.

Adrian Garcia

Docsend makes my life much easier in being able to track marketing & sales leads and their interest

Reviewed 2018-01-12

My marketing team is VERY small and budget constrained, and DocSend really helps me make the most of all my efforts .

Pros
The customer service and attention to detail with clients is incredible. They respond very quickly to all types of questions and follow up to make sure that everything is going smoothly or has been resolved. The software is great as a marketer to know what types of content and pages are resonating or not. I'm not flying blind in what is REALLY working or not.

Cons
There are a few features that can be iterated on for heavier users of the platform to help make mass lists or document creation faster and more streamlined.

Anonymous

Makes sending documents so easy!

Reviewed 2018-01-12

Ease of sending documents.

Pros
I love that you can upload a document, send it to any recipient, and still update that doc without having to blast everyone that has access.

Cons
I wish you could send electronic agreements via DocSend. Like what DocuSign does - it would be amazing to have that feature.

Secure file sharing

Reviewed 2018-08-10

I like that you can personalise each folder and make it public or private

Pros
You can save and share your documents safely. You can even set an expiration date and the document cannot be viewed anymore

Cons
Link creation can get tedious and has a lot of steps

Response from DocSend

Thanks for the review! Out of curiosity: have you tried our Gmail or Outlook integrations? They'll save you a ton of time by integrating directly into your inbox so that you can quickly create links on-the-fly without even having to go to docsend.com.

Anonymous

A great app for startup fundraising

Reviewed 2019-12-03

DocSend was an integral part of our fundraising process, and it will continue to be for future rounds to come.

Pros
DocSend makes it very easy to share and manage access to sensitive information. When we fundraise, we use DocSend so that we can easily share presentations that would be impossible to control access to via standard email. Using Docsend means that we can control access to, and track data on everything we send out. We can see who views our deck, who shares/fwds it, and track our success metrics. Even better, when we make a critical change, we can revoke access to the original document and issue a new version.

Cons
I don't have any real complaints about this application, but one thing that would be useful is an easier way to redirect an old document link to a new document - without having to send a new link. I anticipate that this will happen so it should be fine.

Jim Esker

Pretty software, but quite limited

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Trying to get prospects to review quotes. They seem more willing to do so in DS than in emails. Plus, we know it when it happens.

Pros
It looks very nice. Overall design is easy to work with. Receiving reports, when people review, is very helpful.

Cons
Very difficult to accomplish certain tasks. Can't verify info stored on a space (without re-downloading) since the preview given is nearly unreadable. No sortability in the headers. Moving sections is tedious. Not having the most basic functions (like: Back) is a bit annoying.

Christopher Mitchell

Great Tool for Sending Proprietary Documents

Reviewed 2019-08-29

Pros
DocSend makes it easy to send proprietary documents to investors, customers, and potential partners. It accepts a variety of formats, but we especially use it to share PDFs that others can view for a limited time without saving to their own computers. It gives us more control over changing versions of documents, and removing allowed viewers after a certain amount of time.

Cons
DocSend's pricing is a bit steep, and doesn't yet support non-document formats like spreadsheets.

Ovidiu Pascaru

DocSend has an easy interface, and is a very user friendly tool. However, it lacks functionality.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-01-10

I cannot say we had any unfortunately. This is due to limitations of the product.

Pros
User friendliness and absolutely great customer service. Overall a transparent and simple tool with a lot of helpful options.

Cons
The value of the service is far low from the exorbitant amount of money required for the subscription. In addition, the limitations seriously impede any serious transfers to be done. For instance, word files must not contain more than 100 pages. This is a big limitation for an organisation such as ours where we specifically work with large files and we want to send them encrypted. Also there is no voice or video conferencing options with the secure presentation. In a period when dozens of free encrypted file transfer services offer similar options sometimes for free, DocSend needs to really up their game and look at the market they compete with, work on the limitations of the tool, and think about the prices especially for users that end up paying 30 dollars a month for one file transfer.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Anonymous

A very good analytics tool for presentation documents

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Securely send files that can only be accessed with an approved email for privacy

Pros
DocSend is very easy to use; the analytics are easily understood and it supports a lot of document types.

Cons
DocSend can't get through some corporate firewalls that make clients unable to access the document/s.

Document Tracking

Reviewed 2018-02-06

We are sending our documents externally, and sometimes they share it with others. We would like to prevent the spread of these files to different people. We can track who opened it and they should ask permission if they are not allowed.

Pros
It's free and easy to use. Our firm uses this platform in tracking the documents we send out externally, so we can prevent unauthorized access. We can also set an expiration date so it can only be available during the time being.

Noushad Hameed

These guys are unique! DocSend clearly stands out from the crowd!

Reviewed 2018-01-12

Pros
With an absolutely neat and uncluttered interface and a few set of simple steps, I will have full complete control of my sales docs.. all with the best customer viewing experience and user analytics!

Cons
Literarily nothing! Newly introduced 'Spaces' should require a bit mobile optimization that I am sure the guys will take care of.

Jose Pleguezuelos

Best way to learn about your customers!

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
How easy it's to configure it. the power of information that it offers you.

Cons
Being a freelancer, I cannot afford a plan greater than the basic payment, since the next level exceeds the price for an organization as small as mine, it would be great to have a plan designed for single freelancer

Gayatri Ku

Simple yet powerful tool for marketing content management and monitoring

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Pros
I like that it integrates very well into MS Outlook via an Add-in, making it very easy to incorporate your trackable content into your email. There is no need to send a heavy attachment and weigh your email down. Very quick and easy boarding, and the learning curve is short. Customer support is responsive and really interested in helping you.

Cons
The Add-in is not updated often enough, and MS's frequent updates sometimes disable the add-in, making it tedious to frequently have to manage it and add it back on

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10