All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

DocSend Reviews

Read the full review
User friendliness and absolutely great customer service. Overall a transparent and simple tool with a lot of helpful options.

Ovidiu P.

Read the full review
Customer support is responsive and really interested in helping you.

Gayatri K.

Read the full review

Cons

But their lack of transparency on their website, coupled with their inept customer service response gave me a total lack of trust in this company.

Wayne D.

Wayne D.

Read the full review
I think personal version almost no reporting, something that could be a withdrawal since next subscription plan is 4.5x more expensive.

4.6

DocSend: Don’t raise funds without it!

Having received numerous business plans in the past via DocSend, I was incredibly impressed and quickly decided that we had to use it to communicate with our prospective investors and partners. Getting set up with DocSend was fast and easy, and managing documents and communications has been a breeze. What really keeps me coming back is the fast pace of innovation with new features and ideas. Raising money is a top priority for many companies. DocSend is an essential tool to make fundraising a success.

Pros

Professional, flexible, scalable technology that makes every start-up look good and gives every investor a sense of confidence

Cons

Sometimes confusing to differentiate between content, spaces, etc. Sometimes confusing to figure out how to create custom links.

DocSend, The BIG BROTHER of documents and presentations

DocSend has help us out in the sales department to: 1.- Get a much clear idea of how many people are really taking the time to see and read our documents. 2.- Realize who is really interested in the information, since it gives you a report on how many times a single user enters your document. 3.- Get an idea of what page exactly is the one that our users pay more attention to, since we can access statistics of how many minutes per page each user invest on.

Pros

1.-Easy of use for managing documents on the platform 2.-Extremely easy way to upload files to the software 3.-Weekly reports by email 4.- Really love that you could see who access your files, how many times and the time spent per page

Buyer Beware! DocSend Does Not Prevent Document Downloads

Pros

Pricing looked attractive. BUT it turned out this was a "you get what you pay for" situation.

Cons

DocuSend falsely claims that you can set the software to disallow downloading of documents. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] This is NOT true. What they don't tell you is that anyone can simply Print the document to PDF. When I challenged their customer service people on this, they claimed that they couldn't stop it, but that their software would distort the document so it is not readable. It is true...

Great tool to share files securely

Pros

We like the integration with gmail. It allows us to share large files easily, while keeping track of who opens it.

Cons

We feel the e-signature feature needs lots of improvement. We would love to see form completion and signature so we could have share our business agreements/contracts using this platform. Also it will be great to share videos privately and keep track of who watches de video.

Best way to track docs that are being sent

Pros

Love the ease of use and how in depth info they give you. I am able to track everything from who is opening my document, when they are opening it, what kind of device and where they are. I have been using docsend since it beginning stages and it has came such a far way and is huge now.. We use it to do e-signatures on waivers we send out as well and the open and click rate is through the roof wether you use it or not it is super simple for someone to sign a doc.

Cons

They have had a few bugs here and there which is lost me some time in work but as they grew and got stronger the service downtime has been minimal

Required Software for any Entrepreneur

Pros

The fact that I can track who views it, where it's viewed, and how many times is a big deal whether for fundraising or business development.

Cons

Yes, I wish I could share videos securely and track views within docsend or with a standalone docsend video feature. It's my number 1 future feature want.

This is an essential product that works well and provides excellent tech support.

It helps me track prospect content engagement.

Pros

I really like the analytics it offers that shows engagement of the user. I also like that users can download content if they want. And finally, I love the way content looks on mobile.

Cons

I wish they had a feature like Pocket so people could save content for later. Also, I would love users to be able to listen to content rather than just read it.

Great tool, great UX

great, use it all the time, I promote it actively

Pros

control confidential information, get insights, simple and good UX

Cons

I think you guys could upgrade the logo and look of the interface, but thats not really too relevant as it is about function and function is great

Makes sending documents so easy!

Ease of sending documents.

Pros

I love that you can upload a document, send it to any recipient, and still update that doc without having to blast everyone that has access.

Cons

I wish you could send electronic agreements via DocSend. Like what DocuSign does - it would be amazing to have that feature.

One of the best tools to measure customer engagement

Pros

The Top-3 features I really like are: 1) viewing total time a user spent on every page to track what pages works well and what should be improved 2) custom links for the specific user to track what is relevant for him and what is not 3) integration with PersistIQ for tracking the behavior of every user without creating the custom link for everyone manually

Cons

1) The free version is very limited, you cannot even display a social preview for your documents, which makes you unable to evaluate the real impact (Docsend's icon, instead of a social preview, decreases the open rate) 2) All custom links are displayed in one list and if you're using a lot of them - it's hard to sort them and to find the right one 3) you have always keep in mind that you should use the specific link for your team, it would be better if you could filter visits by IP to screen out team visits (like Google Analytics does)

Great tool for sending documents and getting quantitative feedback

Valuable tool for fundraising and sales documents

Pros

Awareness of when your audience engages with time sensitive documents (eg fundraising pitchdecks)

Cons

Generally good value - our usage ebbs and flows so wish we could price by usage if minimal activity that month

Keep your decks confidential-and get feedback

Expiring links on decks hosted in the cloud is super helpful to control where decks go and to whom they're shared with. Its not a silver bullet, but it makes it just a little harder to hit forward and share with someone that may not have as high integrity as you'd hope.

Pros

I love the feedback on the decks I send out to potential investors. Who has reviewed them, how long they spend on them. Its also VERY mobile friendly so that's amazing. I've heard from 1st hand sources of companies where well meaning investors offered to share a competitor's deck (they declined). This is less likely to happen with DocSend and a link that expires on a date you set. Especially impressed with the new features that the DocSend has rolled out in the last month.

Cons

I want the same features and support for video!

Docsend is a good analytics tool for your presentation

Pros

- Very user-friendly - Easy to understand analytics for our documents - Support for many document types - The tool also gives the facility of giving a live walkthrough of the documents via phone or in person.

Cons

- NO Support for pitch videos - It's little expensive - Sometime the website is very slow.

Maxime, thanks so much for the review! We'd love to help you out with any questions around pitch videos / site performance. We'll follow up with you in just a moment.

Docsend makes my life much easier in being able to track marketing & sales leads and their interest

My marketing team is VERY small and budget constrained, and DocSend really helps me make the most of all my efforts .

Pros

The customer service and attention to detail with clients is incredible. They respond very quickly to all types of questions and follow up to make sure that everything is going smoothly or has been resolved. The software is great as a marketer to know what types of content and pages are resonating or not. I'm not flying blind in what is REALLY working or not.

Cons

There are a few features that can be iterated on for heavier users of the platform to help make mass lists or document creation faster and more streamlined.

Secure file sharing

I like that you can personalise each folder and make it public or private

Pros

You can save and share your documents safely. You can even set an expiration date and the document cannot be viewed anymore

Cons

Link creation can get tedious and has a lot of steps

Thanks for the review! Out of curiosity: have you tried our Gmail or Outlook integrations? They'll save you a ton of time by integrating directly into your inbox so that you can quickly create links on-the-fly without even having to go to docsend.com.

A great app for startup fundraising

DocSend was an integral part of our fundraising process, and it will continue to be for future rounds to come.

Pros

DocSend makes it very easy to share and manage access to sensitive information. When we fundraise, we use DocSend so that we can easily share presentations that would be impossible to control access to via standard email. Using Docsend means that we can control access to, and track data on everything we send out. We can see who views our deck, who shares/fwds it, and track our success metrics. Even better, when we make a critical change, we can revoke access to the original document and issue a new version.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints about this application, but one thing that would be useful is an easier way to redirect an old document link to a new document - without having to send a new link. I anticipate that this will happen so it should be fine.

Pretty software, but quite limited

Trying to get prospects to review quotes. They seem more willing to do so in DS than in emails. Plus, we know it when it happens.

Pros

It looks very nice. Overall design is easy to work with. Receiving reports, when people review, is very helpful.

Cons

Very difficult to accomplish certain tasks. Can't verify info stored on a space (without re-downloading) since the preview given is nearly unreadable. No sortability in the headers. Moving sections is tedious. Not having the most basic functions (like: Back) is a bit annoying.

Great Tool for Sending Proprietary Documents

Pros

DocSend makes it easy to send proprietary documents to investors, customers, and potential partners. It accepts a variety of formats, but we especially use it to share PDFs that others can view for a limited time without saving to their own computers. It gives us more control over changing versions of documents, and removing allowed viewers after a certain amount of time.

Cons

DocSend's pricing is a bit steep, and doesn't yet support non-document formats like spreadsheets.

A must have

Intuitive, smart, professional.

Pros

Tracking the opens & time spent on each slide, one click NDA, data room spaces.

Cons

Price for multiple users is hefty for a startup so we just have one admin.

DocSend has an easy interface, and is a very user friendly tool. However, it lacks functionality.

I cannot say we had any unfortunately. This is due to limitations of the product.

Pros

Cons

The value of the service is far low from the exorbitant amount of money required for the subscription. In addition, the limitations seriously impede any serious transfers to be done. For instance, word files must not contain more than 100 pages. This is a big limitation for an organisation such as ours where we specifically work with large files and we want to send them encrypted. Also there is...

A very good analytics tool for presentation documents

Securely send files that can only be accessed with an approved email for privacy

Pros

DocSend is very easy to use; the analytics are easily understood and it supports a lot of document types.

Cons

DocSend can't get through some corporate firewalls that make clients unable to access the document/s.

Document Tracking

We are sending our documents externally, and sometimes they share it with others. We would like to prevent the spread of these files to different people. We can track who opened it and they should ask permission if they are not allowed.

Pros

It's free and easy to use. Our firm uses this platform in tracking the documents we send out externally, so we can prevent unauthorized access. We can also set an expiration date so it can only be available during the time being.

Cons

Best way to learn about your customers!

Pros

How easy it's to configure it. the power of information that it offers you.

Cons

Being a freelancer, I cannot afford a plan greater than the basic payment, since the next level exceeds the price for an organization as small as mine, it would be great to have a plan designed for single freelancer

Great but too complicated

With DocSend we can quickly and safely distribute the content, and then manage it afterwards.

Pros

For me the best thing is Gmail (Chrome) extension and possibility to safely share content with possibility to manage it afterwards.

Cons

Sometimes UX/UI looks too complicated, eg. too many unless tabs and buttons in the web version.

Useful for sharing documents and keeping track of who views them

It works well, just a shame not easy way of integrating data of views into other apps

Pros

- That you can see live who is viewing - The ability to see time split by page - The ability to create multiple different links for each document

Cons

- It would be great if it could integrate with CRMs to store data collected by it

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.