All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Guru Reviews

Pros

This is a great product and company that cares a lot about customer happiness. The tool itself helps the team im on and Im excited how they improve on it going forward.

Read the full review
This tool is used by our outbound teams and extremely helpful when grabbing content or answers in the moment. Fast and flexible; also love that we get feedback on our top knowledge content.

Rob S.

Read the full review

Cons

The search functionality is absolutely awful. Trying to find something on the spot is a real challenge (even with as little as 40 cards), and it really ruined the whole platform for my team.

Read the full review
Only complaint is that I didn't find someone but I'd try again.

Read the full review
Sometimes it's difficult for me to find the "activity" page but only because it's underneath the Dashboard. I believe it should have it's own tab.

4.6

Simple to use, easy to update, and way better than Google Drive

I've talked to our head of enablement and she's a big fan. It's not as powerful as a Seismic or ThoughSpot, but not sure if that's really an apple to apple comparison. If you need a better way to organize sales material, important internal employee info, (i.e. equity FAQs, or ERG information, etc.) than this is much more seamless and easily searchable way for your team. It will save them time vs. going down the rabbit hole in DRive, Dropbox or Box.

Pros

We use Guru from everything to HR, Finance and Sales. The "cards" are easy to set-up, they're time-stamped so you know they're up to date, and you can give a set of people admin access to make updates. For everyone else, they can leave comments and make suggestions so your data stays fresh and can be crowdsourced. I personally love the Chrome plug in, the search in Guru is really good and I rarely have trouble finding a card for whatever I'm searching for. One thing I also like is you can download the card content to PDF< this comes in handy when the content is customer facing, just 1-click and fire it out off in an email or copy the content and paste.

Cons

Like anything, the cards can get a bit out of control, it can be hard to update and integrations are limited. It's still much easier and simpler UI than just creating a bunch of folders in Drive. I personally like it much more than Concur as well.

More engaging than Confluence.

Overall, guru was able to Help share and disperse information to our entire organization. This also reduce the amount of repeat question asking.

Pros

Knowledge alerts. These allowed us to share information with the rest of the organization through guru and kept them updated with products announcements and support questions.

Cons

Set up was a bit labor-intensive but once you put the effort in it pays off and you’re well on your way. The dashboard layout could use some experience changes but for the most part it is intuitive and easy to use.

Guru for Users

so far so good while am still learning how to maximize this platform

Pros

I just started using this and noticed that it's an all-in-one platform for managing things like projects and tasks

Cons

the help tool wasn't as efficient as I thought it would be as the self-help was not as intuitive while on-the-go usage/training

The Company Brain

Guru helps us get new hires up to speed quickly and helps our fast growing organization keep everyone on the same page. Stops interruptions and the frustration of trying to find the right and most recent information. Solves the huge timezone challenges with teams working globally and it is impossible to connect to head office easily.

Pros

There is lots to like in this knowledge management platform. New hires absolutely love being able to find the information then need and trust it once they have found it. 1) Ease of use: Integration with GSuite and a Chrome extension make it easy to find and create content 2) Great search function and AI 3) Validation of information so users know what they are reading is current.

Cons

layout tools of the individual cards is a bit weak. It has an export to PDF function that we will never use because you can't create nice looking cards.

Saves time for support, sales, and onboarding

I was introduced to Guru at the Elevate Summit conference, and my team has enjoyed it ever since. Our sales and support team rely on it heavily for saved responses to common issues and questions, and for communicating existing issues or procedures. We also use it for "tribal knowledge" which has made it much easier to onboard new hires. Overall, this tool has saved my team time and nurtured communication between ourselves and with our own selves from the past!

Pros

+ Easy, fast search for information through Chrome browser extension + Integration with Slack makes sharing or creating cards a breeze

Cons

- Verifying cards becomes daunting if you don't regularly groom the knowledge base

Great place to centralize information

It's been fantastic. We used to have information stored in a few different places so it was always difficult finding the information you needed. Now that everything is stored in Guru, it's made my job 10x easier.

Pros

Guru has been great. This is where our organization holds all of our sales material for one-pagers, client information, competitor information, etc. and is extremely easy to pull up information.

Cons

Our company is fairly newer to Guru so it is going to take time for us to build up the information that we will store in there. People have to manually create cards so it can be a lengthy process for certain material.

Guru lets you stay informed

Really useful. Especially after changing roles at a company, and having a lot of questions, it saves you and your colleagues time being able to search for your questions and answers, without having to actually take time to ask someone. Super streamlined. And again, the UI is very nice and makes using the software very enjoyable.

Pros

I love the user interface--it is perfect and I love easy-to-use software. Moreover, it is extremely intuitive with figuring out how to use the app and pull information from it. We use it as a source of information, where we can ask questions amongst the team, and where other teammates can answer these questions. It is highly collaborative in that sense.

Cons

So far, I have not used it long enough to notice any issues or qualities that I dislike about Guru. I will say that the search feature could be slightly improved--when the list is generated after the search, it cold be more organized? BUt really, this is minor, and I have not experienced anything bad yet.

Great tool for quick access to documentation!

Pros

When used properly, this is a killer app for internal documentation. It's incredibly easy to add, edit, and search for information with this tool. Within our support organization, it saves a toon of time when someone needs process info or how-tos... a quick search with basic keywords almost always gets what you need.

Cons

No so far... it's been stable and rock solid for us.

User friendly knowledge base tool

It's been a huge asset in keeping up to date on product functionality as well as internal processes. I pull up Guru cards on a daily basis and rely on this tool for the pivotal information needed to do my job.

Pros

It's not overly complicated or difficult to navigate. The search feature is solid which makes it easy to find what information you need quickly.

Cons

It would be great if the tool recognized similar content across card so that information could be easily consolidated without manual intervention.

Helpful for sales

Pros

The ease of use and being able to quickly pull information from the chrome extension is very helpful.

Cons

It takes a lot of effort and company-wide collaboration to keep info consistent and up to date.

Great tool for storing useful knowledge tools!

We use it to store our policies and procedures. Users can check here for updated info and remind themselves on a specific policy. If they need to they can star the card for future reference and leave comments to gain clarity.

Pros

Makes it easy for us to keep an information database for our staff to access on demand. It’s easy for admins to add edits and also allows users to comment and tag themselves in information that may need updating.

Cons

Nothing, it provides everything we would require in an info database and more. We switched from a different software for its ability to allow users to track and comment on cards

Guru fit our support team's needs perfectly!

I lead the effort to find a solution for our internal documentation and researched many options. Guru stood out from the others by a long shot. As soon as we tried it we knew we couldn't live without it. Our support team adopted it and pretty soon the developers were on board too. "There's a Guru card for that!" is a common saying in our office now when someone asks a question. Really couldn't live without this now.

Pros

Guru cards put the information we need right where we need it. We use the Chrome extension and we can access our cards while still looking at our ticket. The "cards" idea was genius as we tend to drop all sorts of information in them that we wouldn't bother to put in a document. And having to assign owners and verify the information on a schedule solved a problem that was killing us in our old system.

Cons

I was I could uncouple a card from the dropdown list that the Chrome extension displays and move it around my screen so I could see what's underneath.

Amazing Business Knowledge App

It really helps me quite my teammates quite educated on what's new in the company and this saves a LOT of of talking or explaining. I'm really glad Guru exists.

Pros

I really like the fact that every knowledge card can be easily organized into boards and the level of permission configuration is so high and reliable. I really dig its design and language too.

Cons

The last update make the whole page a bit slower and the side menu is a bit crammy. The search tool speed was never great either. And the most complicated of all is the card text editor – when it sticks to a certain format, forget it, you are never going to be able work around unless you delete it all. It's really a pain when you need to edit already existing cards. Oh, the Chrome extension is not really responsive and also quite slow. I ended up removing it and sticking with the site instead.

GURU changes everything

Pros

Seamless: Guru fit right into our company needs seamlessly. We needed a centralized and organized hub for company and product knowledge and we able to, within a couple weeks, deploy it to everyone in the company. Company-wide Adoption: Everyone in the company uses GURU, from the CEO down to the sales team and support reps. We've reduced white noise and chatter in Slack by creating an easy way to...

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen: One of the things I've already seen in the past few months is what I call "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome. GURU allows you to set up product experts and card "verifiers" which allows for someone else in the organization to sign off that the GURU card you created contains accurate information. However, sometimes there are too many competing voices to sign off on that card with different ideas and expectations for what should be inside of that card. We are still creating documentation for what information we want to house inside of GURU cards and it is coming along. This is just one thing to be careful of; who controls the knowledge; who controls access to that knowledge?

Best Knowledge Management

Overall I'm very happy with my experience with Guru. We use it across our whole organization to keep everyone informed on new feature updates and decks to be accessed - super useful tool!

Pros

This is the first company where I've worked where they have a knowledge management software - I wish I knew about this earlier! The interface is incredibly intuitive and extremely useful.

Cons

The software is only as useful as the content you have inside it. Sometimes there is outdated content in our system although this is no fault to Guru.

Browser add on is the best feature for quick access to information

Easy to create information, and easy access through it's browser add on.

Pros

The browser add on is great because you can access quickly links and information that are used on a daily basis, instead of having to go to type an intranet website and search what you need. The concept of everyone adding knowledge very easily is great for startups who are changing all the time.

Cons

The web version of the platform, doesn't seem as easy to use as other website intranet options. Is the only piece missing for a perfect place to store and search for information. I don't use it at all, I just use the add on. It might be the design, cards are way to big, and you have to do a lot of clicks to find something, first the board, then the collection, then the cards.

Great Resource for Freelance Work

Good. You need to do your research and I recommend reading their tips and tricks if you are new to the freelancing world.

Pros

I used Guru to gain new clients after my children were born. It was a great way to make money remotely and provided me a larger scope to reach clients.

Cons

The software was very easy to use. My issue was more with client interaction but you get that anywhere.

Absolute must have

Overall experience is very positive and I would definitely recommend. Only star is lost for how the search functions.

Pros

I use Guru constantly through my day, every single day, and I can say without a doubt my job would be a lot harder without being able to use Guru for my resources. It really makes a difference and I love it.

Cons

The only thing I wish we could change about Guru is that it would be nice if it had a more Google-like search function. Sometimes remembering how to search it properly can be frustrating.

Guru is a necessity!

Guru is especially necessary for newer people within the company!

Pros

I utilize Guru each and every day. It is the best way to keep a company on the same page about topics internally and externally. If I need a quick answer and don't want to ask someone on a different team, I can quickly search it on Guru and find the answer.

incredibly intuitive and fast

This is making it way easier to manage all our internal knowledge resources and have loved the experience

Pros

-this tool is used by our outbound teams and extremely helpful when grabbing content or answers in the moment -fast and flexible; also love that we get feedback on our top knowledge content -super simple searching takes seconds to find what I need

Cons

-not sure about the flexibility of setting up info because I'm not the admin, but sometimes have seen weird categories pop up - usually gets fixed quickly

Good for company-owned content

We use Guru to better organize our assets for easy sharing and distribution amongst the team.

Pros

It's a great way for Directors, VPs, to control what folks access.

Cons

It's sometimes really hard to find what you want, you have to be smart about the way you tag and categorize items. Not good for knowledge share amongst peers.

Easy to search and look company info up

Pros

All company info is in one place Like an internal Wiki but all in one location and you can see when information was most recently updated

Cons

looks a little messy, lots of information on one page, bit overwhelming Editing pages is confusing, need to be taught

I feel like a librarian, flinging the doors of knowledge open to my team.

Pros

It feels like the connecting membrane of the teams. Suddenly the niche knowledge stowed away in each person is accessible with a quick search, all in the context of your day to day browser session. More practically speaking, my sales team uses this to quickly search our docs for the images or product details they need to answer prospect's questions. My support team uses this to remember product nuances, known issues and saved responses. We also feed it information for consumption by our marketing and sales team.

Cons

I notice that my searches for tags when organizing my cards sometimes don't generate results. However it may have been my spotty airline wifi

Cheat Sheets for Sales Teams

Overall experience is great, we recently implemented it. It allows for all the information I need to be a few clicks away.

Pros

What I like the most about guru is that the plug-in allows all the information you can ever need for your team to be right on the side of your screen. For example, if you're making a cold call, you can have your elevator pitch right on the side of the screen allowing you to keep your prospects salesforce page up while making the seamless pitch.

Cons

What I like least, there hasn't been much that I've found with Guru that is bad. Only thing that has caused some trouble is the plug-in makes Chrome crash every so often.

Guru is powerful and easy to use

We use this for our users to have a clear understanding of how things work.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use and to have our users look up information, as well as the verification processes to ensure articles are accurate.

Cons

Guru is great. I wish that there was an easier way to print a card, but that does not come up often.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.