All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

PhotoShelter for Brands

PhotoShelter for Brands transforms how creative people work.

PhotoShelter for Brands Reviews

Pros

The solution is easy to use, reliable, able to effectively manage our digital asset collection, offers great sharing capabilities and supports a wide range of file types.

Read the full review
I like to hear about my colleagues being delighted to be able to find pictures themselves through the searching button. I love the keywords search button.

Julie d.

Read the full review
Part of Chick-fil-A's mission statement includes “being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. Repurposing photos is a great way to keep your budgets under control.

Stanley L.

Read the full review

Cons

Our struggle is with the lack of control in what fields are included in the search criteria.

Read the full review
A couple times there was a bug and I was unable to use the software. My entire job flow goes through this product so it was a little frustrating.

Amina A.

Read the full review
We had trouble finding a single source of truth for our content, and now we have a platform where we can organize and streamline which of our franchise locations get access to specific content.

Libris Review

Overall we are very satisfied with Libris.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and manage. It was the perfect solution for our photo archive and has proven to be an efficient method of delivering video and photos to end users.

Cons

At times we have difficulties sharing lightboxes with other people, but I think that is more user error.

Robust DAM with room for growth

We are in year two of our contract and it has taken us some time to get fully on board using the software. so far, Libris has been a big help as we slowly transition all our files off an old in-house server. We have the opportunity now to review each folder and label it appropriately so we can find our assets quicker in the future.

Pros

Libris has an excellent permissions system. Each collect and gallery can be individually set to be accessible in a few different ways, and then each photo can be set to be expired or rejected.

Cons

There are three different user types: Invited, Contributors, and Library Staff. For our plan you get unlimited Invited users, which only have access to the front end portal and what you decide each user can see, which is fine. Contributors can only upload files--which is a a type we don't really use. Now the last type is called Library Staff and these users are the ones who really hold the power to edit, name, tag files, and set permissions. The problem is that you only get a small number of Library accounts and every additional seat needed is an exorbitant yearly cost on top of the plan cost

It Gets the Job Done Quickly

I came to Libris from a legacy DAM that became very expensive. Libris works better in many respects such as ability to deliver photos anywhere in the world without running my own web site. My clients like it but some of us luddites don't notice when a password is provided because it's at the bottom.

Pros

Super easy to upload photos from Lightroom, with keywords extracted automatically. I can control who gets which files by password or grouped user rights. I can instantly send emails to recipients with links and passwords. Even though it's cloud based it's pretty quick. Client can choose the size file they want to download.

Cons

Inability to search by "filename starts with". The search function is not intuitive in that there is only one box to search keywords and operators are required to try to refine searches. I'd like to be able to resize the visibility and access box. Users can strip the metadata when downloading.

it's alright

Overall, it works. It holds all of our images and allows us to organize them.

Pros

It does what it says it does. Stores image libraries. Browsing is fairly easy and everything works as it's supposed to.

Cons

It could be better. I feel like the search function is not great, and some of the other functionalities are not great. We have a lot of little annoying problems with trying to share certain images across our team. Nothing major, just annoying.

The best that's out there right now

Setting up our site was relatively painless and we're just populating our library now so that we can launch our organization image repository int he near future.

Pros

Great ability to connect with Adobe products. Lots of tagging and organization options. The front end is attractive and easy to use for users.

Cons

Setting permissions is a bit cryptic, especially if you're using it as a DAM and not as a storefront for a photography business. Only having 2 included library seats is troublesome when using as an enterprise app.

Libris Review

Pros

I really like how detailed you can be when doing a search for images. Overall it's a nice streamlined system, but I think there is always an opportunity for improvement.

Cons

If you use this system on a daily bases it works well and fairly easy to navigate, but new users seem to struggle. It also feels like there are too many steps sometimes.

Libris only

Libris has given us all the functionality and answers we wanted in a asset management solution

Pros

cloud based, industry standard, support, functional

Cons

multiple downloads from a search result is cumbersome

Satisfied User

Pros

Ease of use, for us and various contributors. Like the upload via phone tool

Cons

Lack of editors/tagger type seats without paying more.

Very versitile

Our organization uses Libris for media photos to include with press releases, and as a repository for high quality images to be used on our website and marketing materials.

Pros

The site is very simple and place your photos front and center.

Cons

Without using the API, there seems to be not simple way to export and embed a collection or gallery on a webpage.

Great product, does what it says on the tin

exceptional

Pros

Really easy to use and very comprehensive, everything is where it should be, in a format that I recognise.

Cons

Never used the customer support so may be missing out on features. The download button seems to move sometimes.

Libris is a very effective tool to manage thousands of digital files and share easily with others.

Incredibly effective and efficient file management that's so easy to share with others. It is the solution that emerged from hours and hours of research into digital asset management systems. I simply cannot function well without it.

Pros

As a cloud solution, this system is easily accessible to all users. The administrative side of things is well thought and well designed and packed full of the right features to effectively manage countless files. It integrates easily and well with Lightroom and the optional Adobe connector makes managing assets during the production process even easier. This software has saved me countless hours of...

Cons

I would like to see a little more flexibility with back-end privileges. You can have taggers, contributors and editors, but the hierarchy is not progressive in that contributors can also be taggers. Too, the Lightbox is a great option, but it's not designed to share all images within a Lightbox to a user for batch download. I would like to see a couple enhancements: 1.) better notification options...

Libris has made digital asset management so functional and user friendly for my department

It's an easier access storage solution for our library of images. It's a great system for sharing and collaborating. It has given me the ability to hunt down images fast and deliver them to the client easily. I also love that you can organize it in the way that works best for you.

Pros

I love that the Libris platform is so intuitive, clean and user friendly. The multiple ways to search give flexibility to the user and the sharing controls really allow you to be specific with who can access your images. Invited users can create light boxes within the system to allow for collaboration which is such a handy feature. I love that the images show up large on the screen making image selection...

Cons

My only complaint about the system is the lightbox feature feels a bit outdated and cumbersome. You can't "select all" for downloading or even to set permissions for downloading. You have to do it one by one, which is very tedious. I hope they update this soon. I've found it's easier to copy selected images into a new gallery instead and share the gallery link as a way to collaborate, but it's just a half workaround because only the admin can create galleries, whereas invited users can only create light boxes.

Photo Archiving/Organizing Must Have!

We use Libris for city government photo organizing/archiving. My department had over 5,000 photos to organize and Libris helped a daunting task become manageable and achievable. Having a place to organize photos properly makes our department function more efficiently and smoothly; we get many requests for photos on a daily basis. Libris makes photos searchable and easily findable with metadata tagging and keywords, which we love. Libris employees were there for us every step of the way during the initial set-up process and are still there for us currently with any questions we have.

Pros

We most like Libris' functionality regarding photo organizing and sharing. Libris equips its users with a variety of ways to quickly upload photos and create a library structure that makes sense to your organization. We love the ability to tag photos in batch and personally add metadata to photos. This way, our photos are searchable, but also browsable through Libris' collections and galleries structure....

Cons

At times the software can run slow and I accidentally deleted 2,000 photos one time due to a display glitch on the backend site. After deleting the photos, I looked in the trash bin to find them but I could not, since there is no structure of collections or galleries in the trash bin. Instead, the photos were in the trash can in order according to date, which is not helpful when you already have other photos in the trash bin as well. I had no other choice but to re-upload the photos.

Libris and the LR plugin have become an important part of our daily workflow, with a few caveats.

Ease of use and user-friendly access for our Art Teams.

Pros

Extreme ease of use, excellent tagging options, relatively responsive website and LR plugin. Reasonably quick upload speeds. I am a staff photographer at a regional publisher with 6+ magazines in production. I use Libris daily to file 3-4 assignments a day, 5 days a week.

Cons

A few minor issues - Libris' plugin occasionally throws a Javascript framework error (I am running the latest version of Adobe LR CC as of 8'14'17) during uploads. Oddly it happens with only one or two files in random sets of photos, and will function perfectly for everything else. The LR plugin also does not quickly or reliably download and display Gallery/Collection links in the LR plugin while...

Libris by Photoshelter was just what we were looking for!

Using Libris as our digital asset management system has been a time saver. We are able to upload and share photos in light boxes to clients. We have control over what can be seen and what is archived. Our "best of" photos can be rated with a star. Photos can be tagged so that they are easy to find. This means that the Widener community can go on and easily find the photos that they need.

Pros

We needed to find a way to keep all of our photos safe so we wouldn't lose them in a hard drive crash, flood, or fire, etc. The software does everything that we need it to do— from rating, tagging, storing, and archiving, to sharing light boxes with clients. It is also very affordable.

Cons

At first there was a glitch in the way we wanted to share our photos, but Libris' support services worked with us to overcome that problem.

Great for the most part but could use some improvement

Visual and tagged searching is great for our department, but often times we have to share a second gallery via Google Drive for off campus/non-users when it would be helpful to send temp links to external consumers once. Our designers cull lightboxes for projects and pull images one at a time, which is a hassle. There should be an option to turn on bulk downloading for registered users.

Pros

Tagging and importing is easy. Setting permissions for groups is helpful and the interface is mostly intuitive and useful. Getting our archive in front of eyeballs is easier now.

Cons

Users are unable to bulk download images. We're a unique case use in which we own all of the images we upload to our account, but still users are unable to download more than one image at a time from a lightbox. Gallery sharing doesn't always work. No option to share outside of our user base without setting up an account for them. Resorting to using a third party service to share files. Price per TB of storage isn't in line with other cloud based providers, nor is there an option to use a third party cloud provider with the interface.

A great product for managing your digital media, but does have some limitations.

First and foremost I have to say the customer service Photoshelter provides for Libris users is absolutely wonderful. Their team gets back to you quickly with answers to your questions and is always pleasant to work with. Libris truly shines in it's ability to easily organize and then later search for the images you need. You have the ability to set up the folder structure in any way that fits your...

Cons

Night and day difference from previous DAM

Pros

Libris is helping us build and share our Digital images with dozens of clients through out the university. Its easy to share contact sheets, fast download times and very clean and pleasant display of images. Love the ability to customize and use our Logo and color in the main page and use a copy rights watermark. Before Libris, we used to have a DAM that was painfully slow in all aspects. I've recommended Libris to other universities and they are also very pleased with what it offers.

Cons

One of the recurring issues that I constantly hear with some of our clients in the University is that sometimes, whey they search images in the library, they are asked to create a login info, and after that, they are told to contact the administrator. Seems there is a glitch in the system and I've contact their costumer service dept. but they still have not been able to fix it. We like the ability to easily download images using a password, but we don't want our clients to created "another" login in account. Makes no sense to have a "search" button if you can download the images you find in your search.

Corporate Visual Library Solution

Part of Chick-fil-A's mission statement includes “being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us”. Repurposing photos is a great way to keep your budgets under control.

Pros

The software reads the embedded IPTC information in each photo. This means when I upload image that have already been captioned and keyworded there is nothing else to do but give access to the images for the customers of the system to find what they need.

Cons

The customer side interface assumes a working understanding of using an online visual database. I have talked to the Libris team encouraging them to design a system that their parents or grandparents could use. I think the customer interface assumes at least a 5 level of understanding of the industry on a 10 scale. I want the system to be geared more to a 1, because often those who are assigned to look for images have little or no experience doing so.

Libris spans number sub-departments and varying needs

We are just over a year into using the software, and it has served our needs incredibly well. Libris offers many options for collaboration and the Wrike editing tool has been a huge support to our workflow. I very much appreciate the efforts Wrike makes to listen to their customers and improve their product through constant updates and add-on features. We've been very satisfied with the software, overall.

Pros

The software offers many options for customization and it integrates well will Google. The Wrike editing tool has had the greatest, positive impact on easing our workflow and process. There are many great options available in Libris that we, unfortunately, have not had time to explore.

Cons

There was a lot of internal work needed for deployment; the build-out of the application to our department's needs was not very intuitive; and for some, there has been a significant learning curve. The customer service we've received hasn't been impeccable. The response-time has been great, but the knowledgeability from our company rep (in our experience so far) has not been very good.

Our lives are now getting much easier...!

Two years ago we had images scattered all across various hard drives. Then we "MacGyver-ed" an asset collection based on Lightroom, which works wonderfully for one person but is not sharable in an office environment unless you jump through a bunch of hoops to tuck the catalog on the cloud and put all the images on a shared server, blah blah blah. But since we started using Libris about three months...

Pros

The different ways of getting images into the system is great. Speed is great. Batch editing image information once in the system is great (as long as you remember to click the APPEND button!! Maybe that should be on by default?)

Cons

There are a few glitches that sometimes generate errors during exporting from LR. For example I can't get the "Export with previous..." to work. And some functionality is still being developed, like the ability to make a lightbox downloadable with minimal effort. Everything I've stumbled with so far is minimal: things like the ability to resize columns and image previews in the browser. Not having various layout options except for the standard template. Minor things to enhance the user experience.

Libris by PhotoShelter is your number one source for multimedia management

We've use Libris for over five years and the reliability has been fantastic. Zero issues whatsoever. The help support is very good as well. If you're serious about maintaining an additional back up that is functional to sell or manage images, you're in the right place.

Pros

There's so many things to say regarding Libris. File input, being photos, videos, audio, and other assets, is simple and well structured. It is a for a professional photographer stool.

Cons

To be completely honest there are two features on Libris that I'm not a huge fan of. The first feature is audio audio scrubbing is not available and it makes it very difficult to find the clips that you need for your project. The second item is video scrubbing. It also makes it extremely difficult to find that select clip that you need for your project. If they could correct these two issues, the service would be perfect.

Great - but with a few caveats

the previous DAM system we used depended on people updating their own copy of a master database file. using Libris, everyone has immediate access to images. this has made life a lot easier in our office. when I've had questions or needed help, the service I received was top-notch: friendly, quick, and very effective

Pros

the ability to send photos directly from the database, ease of keywording, very accessible

Cons

occasionally it will get lost when going from an expanded view of an image back to the original search. the icon will spin for a long time, until I restart the app (impatience). it would be great if there were a way to see a larger grid view for selecting photos with a client. because it is web based, when our server is having trouble the database is inaccessible. of course, this isn't a problem with libris, but it is an issue that comes up once in a while on my end.

Digital Asset Distribution for Manufacturer

We love being able to store our images and video in one place. Libris is generous with the space allowance so we don't worry about having to buy additional storage. We really like the unlimited user feature. It allows all of our sales, customer service, rep agencies and distribution to have access to the images and video we want them to have.

Pros

The software was relatively easy to set up and maintain.

Cons

It would be nice to have some functionality where we could build a collection of images and send that collection link to someone that does not have a Photoshelter login for us.

Amazing Product

We are using PhotoShelter as a digital archive, and back up as well as a distribution tool for the different departments around campus . It has been amazing able to search out keywords to find the types of images we are looking for.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create galleries and share them across multiple faculty members and departments across our campus.

Cons

As far as I have come across there are only 2 con's with this software, 1 that there is no way to link the distribution email to my outlook server so that the email is coming from me not a 3rd party company. And the second and most frustrating is that when assigning permissions through collections there isn't a way to create a subclass of inherited permissions, that additional permissions have to be added gallery by gallery.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.