Revver Logo

Revver

Cloud based, dynamic document-work management system

Revver Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.23/10

Reviews by rating

It has been a positive experience and have so appreciated the great customer service.
The ease in which to drag and drop files is convenient. I love the ability to organize the files to my needs as well as the ability to locate files.
We have had a great experience. I like that I can access my documents from anywhere.
I had a desktop version before moving to the cloud and had several major problems with that version as it corrupted on my computer several times and did not automatically index to a cloud backup.
Everything is all jumbled up in the customers folder making almost impossible to find what you are looking for without wasting time and causing more stress to the day.

Kaitlin C.

Executive

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Chaos tamed

Transcript

Kaitlin C.: Hi, I am Kaitlin and I am a founder of a company that does workforce development and training...

Mark H.

Founder & Principal

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

eFile Cabinet for Financial Adviser

Transcript

Mark: Hi, this is Mark and I'm founder and financial advisor of a financial planning firm and I give...

Beth M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great Tool

Pros

I love eFileCabinet! I can find anything I am look for quickly. They even have a great app that allows me to find things when traveling. We are a family owned business and this tool allow me to run a business and see about my family.

Cons

I have noting to complain about at this time.

We love to hear that our customers love using eFileCabinet and are so happy to learn how our product has helped you find things when travelling. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your business.

DB

Decha B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Inexpensive & Efficient

EFileCabinet allows my organization to easily and securely keep all files in one place. Due to my role, I am constantly traveling and being able to access the site remotely is essential.

Pros

Easy to navigate, user friendly, clean-looking system, plenty of storage, allows for remote login.

Cons

Can be cumbersome to get the appropriate access to certain individuals.

It's great to hear that you love the ability to access the system remotely and that you're able to stay organized and keep your files secure! We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

MC

Michael C.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Please contact me to explain if your software will improve

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. The linking between EFCO and SecureDrawer is great except there are so many limitations and issues with the new version of SecureDrawer that many of our professionals and many of our clients at times...

Pros

You can link SecureDrawer to eFileCabinet. And you can access from virtually anywhere

Cons

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. Versioning doesn't work in eFileCabinet. Filtering doesn't work in SecureDrawer, you cannot download multiple files or sometimes upload multiple files at once without issues or errors. Permissions...

Haszilah A.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

dFileCabinet user review

Pros

The application is quite simple to explore and operate. Our industry necessitates massive volumes of documentation, stringent compliance requirements, and excellent management skills. Having e-FileCabinet makes it easier to maintain track of documents and discard hard copies of outdated documents from previous projects. Another feature of the application is that it allows anybody to have unrestricted access to the necessary papers. Logging into our account and finding what we need is a breeze. Another feature that I like is the option to specify which drawers are included in each directory when it is built. This makes it much easier for us to arrange our operations.

Cons

What I dislike the most about the service is that a few times, the PDF file format did not upload correctly and would not download when retrieved at a later time. However, we haven't encountered any problems with the application other than this one.

VT

Victor T.

One CPA's Review of eFileCabinet

Getting rid of seven sex-drawer filing cabinets has been a life saver. I didn't have room for any more cabinets and eFileCabinet made the growth of my CPA business much easier and more efficient.

Pros

The ease of use. Once you learn how to use eFileCabinet, the everyday use is easy. All of the scanned items are readily available. Making changes to each cabinet is easy and quick. The yearly update to all of the cabinets is very convenient.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about eFileCabinet.

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us this wonderful review! It's great to hear that eFileCabinet has aided in the growth and efficiency of your business, and that you find everyday use easy. We look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business.

SL

Sherry L.

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great product for the cost.

It has been very good. We have had it for over 10 years now.

Pros

The ease of set up and storing documents. It is very manageable and you don't need to be in IT to do it.

Cons

Adding file folders for the new year seems cumbersome.

Thanks so much for the great review! It's great to here that you find eFileCabinet easy to set up and that we're able to organize and store your documents. To help with adding file folders, we might have a template that will help you with that! Our support team can guide you through using templates to make your work even more efficient. Thank you for being a customer for more than 10 years, we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

CD

Christina D.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Review of efilecabinet

Pros

I like being able to store all or our clients data in efilecabinet. It's simple and a great product.

Cons

Sometimes when I print to pdf and try to upload a document, efilecabinet will shut down and I will have to re-open it. This happens several times a day to me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. The issue you mention with printing a pdf sounds like something our customer success and support team would be happy to help with. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing support for your business

Celese S.

Safe and Secure

Pros

I love that this software protects my client information and gives me access to it. I love the filing system. It helps me keep things organized. The Secure Drawer aspect is wonderful too because it allows my clients to easily get me the documents I need to work. The desktop app is wonderful as well -- it allows me to upload dozens of documents easily right to where I need them.

Cons

The price is difficult for me since I am a smaller business.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that you love the filing system and that our services have helped you keep client information safe and secure. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user experience and hope you will find it provides even more value to your business. Thank you for leaving your feedback!

Bennett B.

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

The Best in it's Category

I'd definitely recommend eFile to anyone. I'd say overall experience is 9/10.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the level of support I got from the eFileCabinet team. I know I drove them crazy with questions but they always helped me. Getting support was just one phone call away or just going to their site and using the handy chat box, and I always dealt with the same people. I can't say that about any other company's support team that I've dealt with.

Cons

I'd say I liked the online "Cloud" version the least. Just because for a company of our size, running the server/client software made more sense and was much faster.

It is our pleasure to help you and it's great to hear that you have been able to rely on our support team. We look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

Ann M. F.

51-200 employees

Eliminates the need for other filing systems - paper and electronically

Steamlines my work process and eliminates saving anything anywhere else - whether that's paper, emails, receipts and invoices. LOVE IT!

Pros

SUPER easy to learn and use. I don't save emails, receipts, invoices, or other "paperwork" anywhere else anymore as I can save it all here and find easily anytime I need it. A lifesaver.

Cons

I honestly have not found one thing that I don't like or use - it's that simple, effective and easy to train others on.

RG

Ruchi G.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Terrible customer service to make me never recommend this software to anyone.

Terrible enough that I tried for 2 months to cancel my subscription to which the customer service agents wouldn’t let me. They kept telling me I signed a yearly contract but could never provide me with a signed contract. I was paying a monthly fee not a yearly one, if I want to cancel the subscription I should be able to since nothing in the contract stated otherwise. They kept arguing with me and eventually I just canceled my credit card because I was tired of dealing with a company that only cared about their profit.

Pros

The software itself is like any other software in the same class. There are much cheaper alternatives that do the same exact thing though.

Cons

The customer service attached to the software.

ME

Michael E.

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Exceptional Document Management System Software!

The company that I worked for is like most companies in America right now. They didn't seem to have a genuine way of organizing their documentation. There was the issue of multiple people having copies, but all of them had different revisions. You could only imagine a headache that it caused. Well, that was when I set out to find a DMS for the company. When I began to look deeper into eFileCabinet,...

Pros

The biggest thing that I like about the software is the ability to do my own cabinets and not allow others to see them. I like having everything organized so that it's easier in the long run. EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it.

Cons

Again, as I've stated before, the only issue with the software is that not all file extensions are included. You have your typical Microsoft Office file types, but it would be nice to have an add-on for extensions like .pcb, .dxf, and others that when associated with a particular software, that software's insignia is used in EFC.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to provide you with an organization solution and that you've found it easy to use. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

JY

Jessica Y.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Good for the price but, be wary of version updates.

Pros

The ability to create a template and mass apply said template to multiple clients eliminated much of the tedium of having to do so one-by-one. I also liked the ease in which we were able to sync to the Secure File exchange portal online from within the desktop application as well.

Cons

Despite numerous updates, we were never able to drag/drop documents from the software to our desktop or to emails. The searching of text in the software, while it worked initially, stopped working for us after new versions were released and installed. We stopped being able to search anything (such an important feature) not long after purchase in the search bar. The workflow feature would also have been nice to use but, proved to be very basic. Next, even though I set up naming conventions, when these were available to use depended on how you saved the document instead of being available all the time.

Thank you so much for this feedback, it's great to learn more about how you use eFileCabinet. We want to provide you with the best possible support to help you with some of the search issues you have experienced and will have your account manager reach out to you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

ES

Emily S.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

eFile review

Our overall experience with eFile is becoming more positive. We started out on a rough patch with the system. Our initial training wasn't the greatest and didn't focus on what we would actually benefit from in the system so we basically had to teach ourselves how to use it. Our company uses Sidekick more than online which has really helped our productivity in our company as we used to spend tons of time trying to get documents into employee drawers.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use eFile Sidekick. We have found that using that saves us much more time than using the online version and pulling documents from our email is much quicker than using the eFile scanner.

Cons

What I least like about this software is how the online version lags so much. We are also a company of 30,000+ so we have many drawers out there for our employees. We've had to create multiple cabinets to continue adding employees into. We've had to find a work around in searching for employees since our one cabinet is so full, we can't click on it without freezing and getting booted out of sidekick. I do wish that eFile was able to really handle the amount of documents we put into the system and that it would run smoother for us.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your business and for your trust in us to provide support for your business. We're excited about some new upcoming features that are launching soon that will improve the user experience even more. We look forward to providing continued support for your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

DD

Don D.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

eFileCabinet (EFC) Is Superb for Accounting and Tax Preparation Practices

We are a 12-person accounting and tax preparation practice that has used the locally installed of EFC for 5+ years. Currently we have 115GB of data made up of 143K+ files in 425K+ folders and 6.7K+ drawers. EFC has performed faithfully with only very occasional minor issues (usually user error) during the entire time we've had it. In 30+ years in IT/Business I can't recall any other software that has been this reliable. This is one of the few pieces of software I can recommend without hesitation.

Pros

Allows us to save scans of our clients paper and electronic documents as well as digital copies of their tax returns in a fast, secure, dependable and easy to use document repository. Excellent search capability allows misfiled/"lost" documents to be quickly located.

Cons

Integration with Lacerte, our professional tax prep software (which has ~85% of the market) is limited. NOTE: This is NOT the fault of EFC. Despite our repeated requests over the last 5 years, Intuit, owner of Lacerte, has not provided the needed API (interface) that third parties like EFC require to integrate. EFC has said they stand ready to develop this integration once Intuit delivers. We are hopeful this will occur in 2019.

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to faithfully improve the efficiency of your business. Thank you for being our customer, we look forward to providing your business with continued support!

WB

Will B.

Thoughts after using EFC

We switched from SmartVault to EFC. First off, their tech support people are really helpful and so far we have been extremely satisfied with them. Upon getting our EFC database set up on our server we were hit with a slew of problems. First was an issue with the way the SmartVault data was transferred. When going through the purchasing process of EFC the sales person made it sound like EFC tech people...

Pros

I like that the software is available to be hosted on our dedicated in-house server because we don't trust our client's data in the cloud.

Cons

I don't like how you cannot edit pdf's within the program. For example, you cannot permanently rotate or delete a page within a pdf document without having to pay for a 3rd party pdf editing program. Our employees don't particularly enjoy the user interface that shows the folder and document structure. It was a big change from Smartvault where the client list is on the left-hand side of the screen and then the rest of the screen contained the drawer folder structure and the documents within those folders. In EFC you are forced to select a folder to view the documents within that folder, but you are unable to view documents in two separate folders at the same time.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We appreciate your patience and trust in us as we resolve some of the issues you have had and are excited about some future updates that will create an even better, smoother user experience.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Decent software and features but support is lacking

The software makes it easy to share client files between departments and simple to send files to the client when requested. Overall it is a good product.

Pros

We also use the SecureDrawer product to integrate sending and receiving files with our clients. I prefer e-file cabinet as it works better and seems like a better user experience. Overall I like the simple way to add files, categorize and use templates and search functionality. All work very naturally and are easy to remember when I need to perform an action.

Cons

We run it on a local server and it often forgets or gets confused when doing the indexing. I add new clients so sometimes we cannot find the new folders and have to search for them manually. This is only an issue periodically but in my 4 years working with the software seems to happen more than any other product I have used in the past.

Thanks so much for your feedback. It's great to hear that we've been able to help your business with keeping things simple and organized. We are excited about some of the new updates being released soon that will improve the user experience even more to assist with some of the issues you mention here. We also have a support team that is available through phone, chat, and email that is ready and willing to help with any additional questions you have. We look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business!

DO

David O.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great storage for a small CPA firm

After the collapse of DMS from Lacerte we tried one other program (a disaster) before we found Efile Cabinet.

Pros

Easy to organize and standardize your file cabinet can look like you want it to. With standardized naming conventions, folder structure and retention features you can automate your files. We love the open, edit and save features of the program. Search the entire cabinet for lost files by name and date. Encrypted for your clients protection and big enough to store over 5,000 clients with almost 20 years of records.

Cons

The search function has slowed down with the latest software update. I cannot drag emails from out look to the cabinet. I have to drag them to the desktop first. Sometimes when you create a new folder for a client it creates 2 with the same name. The secure drawer portal is difficult to work with. (my client who is a computer programmer complained about it) So we switched to Secure File Pro for a portal.

We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed the security features of our system and that it's helped to provide protection for your clients. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing support for your business. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

NC

Nicholas C.

2018 feedback

We experienced a lag time with the end of the tax filing season. Would have been better with more bandwidth to help us in the field.

Pros

The easiness of the usability and the relationship of RightSignature.

Cons

1) I do not like the easiness of the delete function, without securing the delete key 2) I want the ability to upload folders into the client accounts 3) I would like an easy function to resend an expired link to a client. Often times, when clients are purchasing or refinancing their homes, they need the tax return from a year prior. 4) I would like the ability to send a link to an isolated item in the efilecabinet ( i.e. a specific W2 or a certain receipt that the client requests. ). I would like the option to right-click and send a link for the specific item 5) I would like the ability to upload electronic folders into a client name in efilecabinet.

It's great to hear you enjoy the usability feature and the way our software integrates with RightSignature. We are excited for some new updates launching shortly that will help improve some of this concerns you have mentioned and that will provide an even better user experience. If you have any questions or ever need additional support, our success team is here to help you via chat, phone, or email. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

LW

Larry W.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

EFC review

When we purchased Efile Cabinet we went from standard filing to nearly 90% paper free retention. Some items have to be retained in original form and others do not. Any items that have a legal retention period such as driver logs are set to shred at the appropriate time so that eliminates the need to go in and do it manually. We probably save enough storage time to be the equivalent of another employee.

Pros

The system was relatively easy to set up and get into operation. Each user has the ability to set their own retention period for every drawer and accessing our files has never been easier. When there is that rare problem the online help system has been able to remote in and fix it right away. We use it for everything from DOT compliance paperwork to Bill of Lading retention as well as filing our maintenance records.

Cons

I know it is necessary but it seems like there is a new release every year.

Wow, it is so great to read this wonderful review and learn more about your experience using eFileCabinet and how you use it within your business! We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

BJ

Bill J.

Began with eFileCabinet when I began Financial Planning

It was acceptable to FINRA & SEC, where as the Thompson Reuters File Cabinet Solutions was not and I had used FCS for many years before going to eFileCabinet. I went on-line as soon as I could and have enjoyed the use ever since and upgraded to Rubex and that is working fine as well.

Pros

Cons

There were some functions of the Desktop version that I wished worked on the On-line version. I use to be able to drag a PDF file over to the Rubex but now I have to drag it over to the desktop first then drag it into Rubex. Please bring that back.

It's great to hear more about how you use eFileCabinet for your business, thank you for sharing your experience with us and leaving us this review!

Education Management, 1-10 employees

It is Ok but can be much better...

Since we have transferred so many of our client files it's hard to leave because we would have to start over. I would have left long time ago. So the program is just ok. I can't say it's awesome because it's not. Plus they don't give you much training or help.

Pros

I like the cabinet visual where you can create cabinets for each client and save documents.

Cons

The desktop version requires you to always put a password. The visual and interface is not that good because each time you want to review a file, the side bars to view the document is small, you always have to drag the side bars to get the document you are viewing to increase, and many times the quick view of a document doesn't work so you have to open the entire document, which requires you to wait 5 seconds or more to get the pdf file to open up on your computer. The program is really slow when you click around.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We have some upcoming updates that will improve the user experience and hope these will improve your experience using our software. Our customer success team is also available for additional questions and to provide you with support to use our service as efficiently as possible.

TG

Tamera G.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Info at my Fingertips

Everyone can access a room full of file cabinets from their desktop. We used to take the customer's phone number and then go pull the file, look through 20 years of papers to find the one we were looking for, then call the customer back. Now while on the phone we can look up the information which is filed in each client's folder by category and then date, and relay the info all within seconds.

Pros

Information for over 10,000 client's accessed instantly. I don't have to leave my desk to hunt down a folder. No more hours of standing in the file cabinet room to file each week.

Cons

Some of the actual software is hard to use on the administrative side. Making templates or customizing is not so easy and is time consuming.

It's so great to hear how eFileCabinet is able to help your business support over 10,000 clients! We're excited to be a part of your team and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

WS

Walter S.

w. shaw

Pros

It provides an excellent backup and allows me to reduce the use of paper .I scan W-2s, 1099's, escrow papers and worksheets into it. It allows easy access to these items for emailing to my clients and, in case of audit, I have the worksheets to go by.

Cons

Whereas it backs up to the cloud, it doesn't back up everything every time. I called for support on this and they had no answer. The other item that I find difficult is emailing direct from the software. It won't use any of my email addresses and you can't email more than one file at a time.

It is great to hear how eFIleCabient is able to support your business with excellent backup and by reducing your need for paper. We are excited about some new updates being released shortly that will improve the user experience even more, and will hopefully help the issue with backing up to the cloud that you have experienced. Someone from our support team will also be in contact with you to discuss this further so we can ensure eFileCabinet is working the best that it can to support your business. Thanks for leaving us this review!

BA

Bonnie A.

eFileCabinet Review

We are happy with it but it has been frustrating. But for the price its a very good option.

Pros

I like the search option. You can search for a client by first name or last. Customer service is incredible. They really know their product.

Cons

We have issues with permissions. We store a file and you can't see it listed. This is getting better. Templates are a little bit complicated to do especially since you have to apply to drawers individually. We also didn't know there could be an issues with too many clients in a drawer. We had to set up more drawers to spread them out.

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that you enjoy the search functionality. Your customer success manager is available to assist with any further issues you may have with templates, and we hope to be able to provide a smoother process for your users going forward. We're excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to support the success of your business.