Telegram Logo

Telegram

Cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app for all devices

Telegram Reviews

User ratings

4.7

5.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.96/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Excellent features & cross-device compatibility. Works great on all devices, and has a lot of cool features really helpful in IM and community management.

Muhammad A.

I'm satisfied with the features and I always recommend it to my friends and relatives. It's easy to use and very secure.

Wire has reliably been advanced as the 'secured' educating option and it fulfills its name. It moreover gives a ton of significant blend features through its bot and channel APIs.

TN

Thandile N.

It also had a habit of not notifying you even if you have notifications on which was annoying and frustrating.

Desktop notifications can be sometimes annoying. Sometimes in desktop, notifications flood the screen and blocks other programs, which is annoying.

FA

Fon A.

Some system errors are annoying at times, such as the search engine that does not work well at times, messages that do not send, and some less relevant ones.

HS

Meta for Business

Compare both
Slack-logocaret
+ 7
How would you rate Telegram?

5,229 reviews

IS

Isabel S.

Portrait Artist

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Life saver

Transcript

Isabel S: I'm Isabel, I'm an owner. I give Telegram five stars, and for more reviews like this, click...

Instant messaging platform

Transcript

Nick: My name is Nick. I am an IT security specialist in the higher education arena, and I give Telegram...

A great instant messaging app

My experience has been good in this application, I have done everything, meet new people on channels with the same tastes, I can talk with my friends and family anytime, anywhere, share photos, videos, voice notes, without any problem, excellent application .

Pros

What I like about this application is the amount of things that it allows me to do, like sending messages anywhere at any time, sharing photos, videos, without any problem and the large number of channels that this application offers. It is very good since you can find complete communities that share your tastes among other things.

Cons

What I don't like is that some users find it easy to share inappropriate images or videos and I would like them to pay more attention to these things.

Do big things along with small IMs on Telegram

Pros

Most likeable and impactful feature is large file sharing and downloading.

Cons

Read receipts and color layout could be improved although color customization is available but defaults can be improved

A great app but needs some serious work

I use Telegram for educational purposes. Like sending notes, uploading PDFs of books, giving MCQs right inside of the app within the comfort of your home. I think it's a great app if it considers some serious bug fixture.

Pros

For someone who uses it multiple times a week for educational purposes, I think Telegram is pretty great. One of the things that stands out the most is the 'no number' feature; you can have hundreds of people in your class/program added to the same group without having to share their number unwillingly. It just filters out all the spam and unnecessarily harassing messages you'd otherwise get on your number. The second thing that I really like about this software is the fact that you can upload whole PDFs of books and find it later on in the group chat. They're very easy to search for, and you can given MCQs and stuff right inside the app.

Cons

The one thing I hate about Telegram is the absolutely pathetic video calling quality. You cannot do that without ripping your hair out. The tech team really needs to step up their game if they want to beat their competitors.

Safe and Secure Chatting App

Really amazing experience with Telegram. In short, the program provided me with all the features I needed, such as sharing files of various formats and sizes. Full control over privacy and security settings. It also enabled me to create interactive channels and take advantage of the bot to provide services to my clients. All this and more for free, I am completely satisfied with this program and highly recommend it

Pros

Telegram is one of the best social media programs I have used I really like the protection of privacy data and this is very important to me. I can customize data sharing, information, appearance status, etc. very nicely. The most important thing that I love about Telegram is the ability to easily share files of very large sizes, up to two gigabytes. When you share photos with friends, the photos keep their original quality, unlike some other chat programs that reduce the quality of the photos.

Cons

I always struggle with the quality of voice and video calls. I am experiencing a lot of stuttering and sound delay even though I am using a very fast internet.

Review for Telegram

Telegram is great for Web site chat integration and a lightweight platform for team collaboration.

Pros

Easy to use, install and integrate with other softwares.

Cons

End to end encryption just for special secret chats.

The best chat software

Pros

The software is multi-platform and can be easily integrated with our web based software.

Cons

Up to now we have not found any operating anomalies.

This review was translated from Italian. Read original review

My favorite instant messaging app

my experience using this application has been very good thanks to it I can communicate with my family and friends at any time share photos videos voice notes make calls and video calls without any problem very easily also as mentioned above it is multiplatform it can be used both on mobile as on computer.

Pros

I like Being able to access this application from my mobile or my computer from anywhere, I also like The large amount of content that this application offers, one of my favorite things is the wide variety of channels it offers and the ease of sending any type of file without any problem.

Cons

being easy to locate both groups and individuals can be the target of scams or unwanted people. You must register a phone number compulsorily to access this application. Being much more public, you can easily find inappropriate content, I would like them to pay more attention to the channels and what is published on them.

Astonishing

Pros

Incredible cloud storage, speed of sending and receiving messages and media, ease of use

Cons

Self destroy feature is not very desirable as someone may want to stay away from the app for months.

A great messaging app

My experience using this application has been very good since, as I mentioned before, it allows me to do a wide variety of actions, send audio and video files, make video calls or audio calls, and it has a large number of channels to be entertained.

Pros

What I like the most about this application is that through it I can send or broadcast to my family and friends different types of multimedia files, whether they are videos, images or voice notes, I can use it almost anywhere without any problem, Another thing that I like of this application is the large number of channels that you can find

Cons

what i don't like about telegram is that there are not a lot of users and some tools of some channels are a bit confusing to use

The best alternative in instant messaging. Everyone should use it.

Telegram It is an application that is very easy to use and has characteristics that differentiate it from others of the same genre: notify you of those who use it; large groups; originality of emojis; manipulation of large files, etc. Unfortunately it is not the first option of many out of habit to use another.

Pros

Extremely friendly. Lots of really useful features. Greater capacity. Convey security. The variety of thematic groups is excellent, you find some very good ones and for all tastes. Emojis are very creative, original.

Cons

Although many already know it, it is still not the first option of most instant messaging users, having everything to be. It occupies a lot of cache memory, at least in my case.

The Great All In One Messaging Platform

My overall impression is positive. I've used several other chat apps, but this one is by far the best and most useful of them all. It includes the majority of the features that are required in a chat application. I also recommend this app to all other users.

Pros

It is without a doubt the most effective texting administration available. This device outperforms its competitors from every angle. However, if I must make a reference to what I like best about this stage, I will mention the ability to send large documents. I use this device to communicate with my coworkers. I occasionally need to send documents from various organizations in order to receive quick feedback from individuals. Telegram assists me in doing that in a natural way. I can use Telegram Web on my work area program without having to install the application. This is extremely useful when dealing with on-the-go situations. All of the talking points are accessible on this, much like other standard informing applications.

Cons

Telegram does not have a short story feature because most users prefer to share their activities through short clips or photos. It does not support video calls, and the world has shifted away from physical conferences or meetings in favor of video calls. The sender has the ability to delete messages from chats, which causes confusion about what was discussed in between. We can't tell if the other person is online or offline because the status isn't displayed.

Ad free best instant massaging software

By my user experience, I have to Telegram is the best instant massaging software available now. It has quick file sharing system. I can also share large video file to any person or In a group. Chat option is highly secured ,plus we we can easily communicate with my family member from any place. Most interesting thing it provide huge cloud based storage, unlike line app it stored data for many days.

Pros

Best thing I notice, it has ad free environment, which give me chance to work comfortably with my team member. It provides great sharing option which is pretty fast, I can easily share large document files, images, videos to my team member . Our chat also have high quality encryption, which provide top class sequrity also. Interface is very easy to learn and use. We can communicate with international client easily because of availability of many countries.

Cons

I did not find many thing to complain about telegram. Through I did not understand other team member is online or offline, unlike Whatsapp have this feature available.

This has to be my most favorite app on my phone and PC.

It is a really awesome app. I love it so much that it is in my most favorite and most used apps. I use it for anything and everything.

Pros

It is cross-device compatible. It works great on all devices with really awesome features. The search engine is quite handy as it gives me multiple results almost seems universal. I probably use it more than Google. The ability to send large files is definitely one of my most favorite features

Cons

I'll begin by saying nothing is perfect in this world and this applies here. Having said that I feel like it is almost perfect except for just a few things. It lacks the blocking feature for blocking people I want to ignore. The user interface could be better organized especially the settings. I really to struggle to find some of the settings eg when I want to clear data to free up my storage. It took me a while to get to it. Sometimes the search engine doesn't show me all available searches while if I use another persons account it brings different searches than mine.

Telegram Review

Telegram offers a number of features that set it apart from other apps. The application's registration process is simple, and it provides a number of security features. Text conversations can also include Emojis and stickers, and voice calls are of high quality. It is the best chatting application in the world!! It has excellent and fast voice access between the two parties, video calls are of high quality up to FHD with sound consistency with the picture, privacy settings have many options, the processing menu offers many operations that make it easier for the user to use the application, and it is the best chatting application in the world!

Pros

Telegram boasts more security features than any other chat software, with the Secret chat encryption feature demonstrating its privacy and security the finest. It's quick and secure, and the recipient receives data quickly. We can share up to 1 GB of video as well as many photographs and photos. It also includes a vast cloud-based storage memory, allowing us to save our cellphone's memory capacity while storing data in the cloud. We may share the actual-size file over Telegram. Animation and stickers are attractive and appealing.

Cons

As with everything, there is a counter-argument. Despite the fact that Telegram is an application that gets better with each version. It lacks some of the details that other similar apps, like as Stories, include. As a user, I've seen people say that they don't use Telegram because it doesn't allow them to post tales; if it did, Telegram would be their preferred messaging service. To make it easier or more intuitive for some people, I'd like the call and video call buttons to be combined.

Great Team Communications Messaging Platform!

I have been using it for social messaging, as well as work and it's been so far the best communications platform available on the market at the moment.

Pros

Instant messaging service Telegram is without a doubt the best available today. Telegram has numerous advantages. My favorite feature of this platform is the ability to send large files. My team members and I use this to communicate with one another. It is sometimes necessary to send different types of files in order to be able to have quick responses from people. Through Telegram, I can do this intuitively. Additionally, Telegram Web is available on my desktop browser without even having to install the app. Working on the go has never been easier. As with regular messaging apps, it provides all the normal chatting features.

Cons

In this world, nothing is perfect. That being said, the Telegram messenger comes very close to being perfect. The app does have a few shortcomings, though. I wish the user interface had been a little more organized. Occasionally, I find it difficult to find some settings within the menu itself. Apart from that, I don't have any complaints.

Best For Daily Chats

My overall experience is great. I have used much other chat app but found this one of the best app and more useful than all other applications. it has most of the features that are required in the chat application. and I recommend this application to all other users

Pros

Telegram has more security features than any other chat apps and the Secret chat encryption feature is the best example of its privacy and security. It’s fast and secure and the recipient gets data in no time. We can transfer videos up to 1 GB and also can share multiple images and Photos. It also has a large cloud-based storage memory and we can save the memory capacity of our cellphone and store data on its cloud. Through telegram, we can share the file of actual size. Animation and stickers are fancy and favorable.

Cons

Telegram does not have the short story feature as most of the users like to share what they are doing through short clips or pics. it does not support video calls and we know due to the Covid pandemic most of the world is shited to video calls rather than physical conferences or meetings. the sender can delete the message from chats which creates confusion of what thing was talked about in between. We can't easily figure out the opposite person is online or offline because it doe not show the status.

Best Small Office Communications Tool For Us

Telegram has been a great tool since the first day we started using it. It has almost completely replaced email for all internal uses. The native desktop app has always been treated well and has had great compatibility with the mobile and web versions. Fast sharing of large files remotely that are stored server side has been in invaluable tool countless times, searching history for tidbits of information has saved countless hours of head ache, and best of all for the six years we've been using it we've had no major issues or outages.

Pros

- Forever history, with good search tools. - Local backups. - Geraniums file limits and storage. - Great UI customization. - Spell checking. - Group chat - Channels

Cons

- Stickers and GIFs can be distracting in a professional tool. - Not a huge market share for social notifications, but the followers you do get are more dedicated. - Contacts can delete history with you, and it will delete your history of them as well.

The Perfect All-in-One Messaging Platform

Email is a bit outdated nowadays. For a digital marketing agency owner like me, it's very important to use a secured instant messaging service. I am always concerned about my data privacy and I was looking for a platform that doesn't lack any features also, which proves me a good privacy option. Telegram does the best in both cases. So I am quite satisfied with Telegram and the fun fact is that I have convinced some of my clients and friends to shift to Telegram. They are also satisfied with the overall service. The Saved Messages option in this app lets you use your Telegram account just like cloud storage. This is very convenient when I want to collect a file on the go for future use.

Pros

Telegram is undoubtedly the best instant messaging service out there. In every aspect, this tool crushes its competitors. But if I have to mention the thing that I like most about this platform, I will mention the ability to send large files. I use this tool to communicate with my team members. Sometimes, I have to send files of different formats to have quick feedback from the people. Telegram helps me to do this in an intuitive way. Also, I can use Telegram Web on my desktop browser without even installing the app. This is very convenient while working on the go. Moreover, all the chatting features are available on this just like other regular messaging apps.

Cons

Nothing is perfect in this imperfect world. But honestly speaking, Telegram messenger is almost perfect. But there are a few things that I don't like about this app. For example, the user interface could have been a bit more organized. Sometimes, I have to struggle a bit to find some settings from the menu itself. But other than that there is nothing that I hate actually.

Perfect substitute for WhatsApp

We are a distributed organization with employees from different time zones and by switching to Telegram we have our communications organized by topic, use hashtags for easy reference, pin messages to highlight useful information, create polls that help decision making, integrate with other services for holiday notifications, automate important notifications, etc.

Pros

It's free and that makes it perfect in the value-cost ratio, since you would need a paid plan in other services to get similar features. The transition from WhatsApp was really easy... you can even export chats so you preserve the history of your communications. You can do so much more in Telegram compared to WhatsApp and it's strictly better in terms of privacy and security of the data you're sharing. The sole fact that it isn't owned by Facebook is more than enough to switch over your whole company to Telegram.

Cons

If someone has used WhatsApp (which everyone has at this point) it will be a no brainer to switch and start using Telegram, so there aren't really cons.

Telegram or no other App

By and large, it is an extraordinary application for moment correspondence and having conversations with associates, clients, sellers and then some. It makes my gadget free in RAM and diskspace. It empowers me to share pictures to be conveyed in same quality. The record once shared remaining parts accessible for download. It empowers to have bunches with immense number of individuals for having conversations and sharing on bigger stage.

Pros

As a rule, Telegram is as protected or more secure than most other visit applications. It very well may be contended that WhatsApp's start to finish encryption on all informing is a superior methodology, however the organization's connections to Facebook might wind down security advocates. Additionally, on the off chance that no doubt about it "secret visits" highlight, you're getting a similar degree of start to finish encryption. On top of this, clients can't advance or screen capture messages covertly visits, and messages can be customized to fall to pieces. Erasing a message additionally erases it for everybody on the help, and clients have the choice to erase their own messages, however other clients' messages, as well.

Cons

It is so protected to utilize that numerous clients can share anything, including private pictures of anybody, even nakedness also. That is horrendously appalling. They ought to limit those clients who run nakedness in the Telegram gatherings and local area. Any other way, I don't have any problem[s with] Telegram. I'm an exceptionally fulfilled client of Telegram.

Not just another chat or instant messaging app. It's a full fledged social media platform.

I use Telegram both on my PC and my Phone, It has everything I want for my professional communications with clients, and my casual chat with friends, to even joining channels that provide contents that I'm interested in.

Pros

One of the best things about Telegram is that it's multiplatform and you don't have to use it on your phone, also the ability to use multiple accounts and even add people you don't have their phone numbers to groups. However, of course the most important thing is privacy, and not just for your conversations but also for file sharing, search, and your own data. I can switch easily between my work account and my personal/social account; I can upload any type of files with almost any size fast and easy without any hiccups. The best app for video chat and video meetings, I can join groups and channels that provide the types of content I enjoy, from news to entertainment to all sorts of social groups and channels.

Cons

I can't think of any disadvantage based on my usage.

Best app so far

In widespread I sense cushty the usage of this application, I sense extra steady understanding that my statistics is extra non-public than different apps. What I appreciated the maximum is that I can use the identical account on my laptop, on my phone, on my pill with none dependency. I tremendously suggest it, and wish to look Stories in an replace soon.

Pros

Telegram has the whole thing a person wants, multimedia documents do now no longer invade the gallery, it has precise features which includes bots, it permits you to customise the utility in your liking with special colors, themes, images. It is multi-device, it does now no longer rely upon the telecellsmartphone. Telegram admire your privacy, that's the maximum essential thing. Unlike different applications,...

Cons

As the whole thing has its against. Telegram in spite of being an software that improves with every update. It lacks a few info that different comparable programs have, along with Stories. As a consumer I actually have heard point out that they do now no longer use Telegram as it does now no longer permit to post stories, if it had this characteristic they could use Telegram as their desired messaging software. I would really like the decision and video name buttons to be collectively to make it less difficult or extra intuitive for a few users.

One of the best messaging apps

In general I feel comfortable using this application, I feel more secure knowing that my data is more private than other apps. What I liked the most is that I can use the same account on my laptop, on my phone, on my tablet without any dependency. I highly recommend it, and hope to see Stories in an update soon.

Pros

Telegram has everything a user wants, multimedia files do not invade the gallery, it has unique functions such as bots, it allows you to customize the application to your liking with different colors, themes, images. It is multi-device, it does not depend on the phone. Telegram respect your privacy, which is the most important thing. Unlike other applications, Telegram allows you to anchor more chats,...

Cons

As everything has its against. Telegram despite being an application that improves with each update. It lacks some details that other similar applications have, such as Stories. As a user I have heard mention that they do not use Telegram because it does not allow to publish stories, if it had this function they would use Telegram as their preferred messaging application. I would like the call and video call buttons to be together to make it easier or more intuitive for some users.

The best chatting program ever

Telegram is the best chatting application in the world since 2013 and it provides a lot of features that distinguish it from other applications, the ease of registration in the application is good and it gives very many security factors, text conversations also have the ability to use Emojs and stickers, voice calls are characterized by quality Excellent and fast voice access between the two parties, video calls are characterized by high quality up to FHD with sound consistency with the picture, privacy settings have many options, the processing menu offers many operations that make it easier for the user to use the application, it is the best chatting application in the world!!

Pros

One of the most important features of the application is the security factors and permissions, complete encryption between the two parties, which is the most important factor of the security and privacy factors provided by the application, The quality of video calls, the speed of sending files, customizing the home screen, adding more than one account, and other great features

Cons

Customer service may be a little slow, but it's okay there are no problems with the application to call customer service

Telegram is the solution

I have channel at this software selling products there. And thankful telegram helps me in getting in touch easily with my customers and also in getting some new customers.

Pros

This software has the abilities which let us trust and rely on it . This software proved that it's not only for chatting like any other chatting software but also it is helping us in leading our businesses and getting in touch with our customers easily. It is also helping us in reaching some new people and also some new channels. Sometimes i spend many hours in channels that let us reading, watching movies and more of features that is not in any chatting application. We can consider this software as a surfing one also not also chatting software.

Cons

Unfortunately, these advantages of telegram let a space for the scammers and hackers and also the people that are not safe. Because these people can easily join any public group and send links to the members easily without any permission.