All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Telegram

Cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app for all devices

Telegram Reviews

Pros

Telegram is super easy to use and doesn't make communication a hassle for anyone. I love it and I would definitely recommend.

Sashana B.

Read the full review
Free, easy to use, stable, seamlessly integrates text, images, and video formats. Basically, pretty great for everything but live streaming (audio or video).

Alexander R.

Read the full review
It's a great app, work seamlessly everywhere in every kind of phone, tablet and computer. I am safe storing my chat with Telegram as they are on the cloud and I can access them whenever I want.

Read the full review

Cons

During the last Hong Kong protest the feature of Telegram that allows seeing the contacts that are already in your phone contacts may have been exploited to identify the participants in the protest.

Pietro B.

Read the full review
I am an employee of a beverage manufacturing company and my team always complained about the loss of production information such as videos, images or data sheets in a competing application.

Miquéias B.

Read the full review
I cant think of anything in specific other than maybe lack of features or lack of major user base. I use facebook messenger for more text communication and discord for most online voice communication.

Stephen C.

1,755

2,503 reviews

Life saver

Instant messaging platform

Telegram is one of the best secure messaging applications

Telegram has always been a great option for communication within our teams thanks to its simple integrations with different software development workflows through its various APIs. The bot API came in especially useful when we were trying to build a commit notification workflow for AWS CodeCommit.

Pros

Telegram is one of the few messaging platforms that boasted end-to-end encryption before the big names like WhatsApp and Viber jumped on the bandwagon. Telegram has always been touted as the 'secure' messaging option and it lives up to its name. It also provides a great deal of useful integration features via its bot and channel APIs. Telegram has always been blazing fast, and has never lagged except during outages caused by malicious activity.

Cons

The theming community on Telegram has dropped off lately, with people having to create their own custom themes for Telegram. The secure nature of Telegram also tends to attract groups that aren't the best in terms of legal activity.

Secure messages with Telegram

It is easy, light and very simple interface to use. It can support many type of file and keep the original files size and not compress it or reducing the file quality when sending it. All the feature offered by Telegram is very suitable for us to use it as another communication platform for our business.

Pros

Telegram has a good security to encrypt every message sent out from this application and it is quite important criteria for us to able to use it as one of our communication platform to conduct our business. It has no limitation on file and video size that can be sent using this software.

Cons

The account created in Telegram is always paired with phone number, it will became a problem when i am loosing ownership of my phone number and it will be impossible to get back my account without the original phone number. An option to paired it to the email account should help fixing this problem.

Simply Excellent Messenger

Overall, Telegram is one of the best programs I am using. Its user friendliness is unmatched.

Pros

Telegram is an easy to use program and it has been very helpful to me and my friends. It keeps you connected and makes communication and sharing very easy. I like its openness where it is easy to access and join. For a plus, Telegram takes in more members in channels than in WhatsApp groups. Oh, have you seen the emojis and stickers! They are a real fun to behold. I also like the idea that it uses top notch encryption technology. It occupies less space as compared to some other messengers. And much room is giving to personalization. The best part is that it is free and has a great privacy policy. Finally, you do not get bombarded with whole lot of ads that distract you.

Cons

First of all, I felt the pain when some friends of mine from certain countries cannot access Telegram. They are great things we wanted to do and they are missing out. Also, it is not a fun at all to keep getting high number of notifications of contacts joining Telegram. If that particular notification plan can be put off, I will be very happy, personally. I do not know if it is my network but video calls drain a lot of data.

Telegram Needs a Lot of Work to be an Elite Messenger App

It honestly feels like a task to open this software up each day and I always have all the negative aspects on the top of my mind every time because I feel Telegram doesn't really care about their users or they'd rebuild the entire software in a way that is visually appealing, easy to navigate, scam/spam free, extra features and with easy support and training. Right now the main reasons I use this software are because all my cryptocurrency family uses it and there's some vendors I work with. Other than that, it nearly gives me a panic attack opening this software daily.

Pros

All my cryptocurrency members and family are using this app which is the main reason I started using it in the first place. It has good marketplace features. It has great privacy options and the ability to call users. I like creating groups and managing them within this app. Bots can help the business a lot and sometimes I do find legit vendors that are great to work with.

Cons

There are many things this software needs to do to improve itself. First, navigation is HORRIBLE!! It's so impossibly difficult to navigate through all the groups and personal chats to find relevant chats. Some of which were buried for weeks and I didn't even realize it. How about some sort of organizing feature? This alone NEEDS TO HAPPEN or I will look elsewhere for a better chatting software. Second,...

the app that makes life easier

Telegram is a simple app with an intuitive design that would not confuse new users. It allowed me to keep in touch with a large group of contacts and colleagues without having to think about the protection of my results. It's difficult to admit, but my friends are all beginning to delete this program due to the disadvantages of receiving a large number of spam messages. I used to enjoy and use this app all the time, but it has now becoming my alternate go-to app. Overall, I hope Telegram will improve it in the future.

Pros

Creating communities and platforms is easy and straightforward, and there are no limitations on the posts, images, or videos that can be shared. Telegram does not impose any size restrictions on the files that are sent, which is very handy. Another significant advantage is its reception potential when forming public or private groups. You can add how many people you want. Also, Telegram has a high...

Cons

I will write a few dislikes that I want to change even though it has good features. Sometimes it is taking so much time to reach many other users when sending any file, video, or photo. There is a function that allows you to make changes to a text that has already been submitted and received. Allowing these changes may be disastrous for a critical discussion. Despite the fact that the Telegram app is famous and is used by thousands of people all over the world, you could use it as your phone's key and primary feature. It does not allow you to submit several files. One of the best features of the telegram is that it helps you to transfer big and heavy files; however, it does not permit you to pick and send several files at once; instead, each file must be chosen and sent simultaneously.

Super Messenger with many useful features

Telegram is more than just a messenger, you can post and take photos like Twitter and Instagram, posts like channels on blogs and sites, and subscribe to different people. Your channel also can chat, voice and video chat, and finally. Everything is available for personal and even commercial use

Pros

Creating groups and channels is very simple and practical, there are no restrictions on the content of content, photos, and videos. Cloud space is unlimited and there are no restrictions on file storage. It is possible to send long videos, photos, and images in original size as well as large files. The possibility of creating an ID is very good and I can share my telegram ID with others instead of my phone number. I like voice and video calls as well as the possibility of voice messaging. In general, everything is good on Telegram.

Cons

All you have to do is register with your phone number, as it would have been much better if you could have registered with LinkedIn, Email, Facebook and Gmail. Also, the ability to separate and categorize groups, channels, and users in different tabs should be added so that they do not all overlap. If you do not use the account in a period of time , everything will be deleted, which must be notified via email before deleting the account and the channel.

Telegram is the best messaging app...period.

It's been amazing. It's been a joy to communicate with our community using this app for years now. I enjoy this messaging app a lot. One of the things I love the most is the stickers and now they are animated! Also, It's very very polished. As a designer, I really appreciate the attention to detail. For example, on Android, the keyboard comes up smoothly, has beautiful animations and it has a dark mode.

Pros

I love that it has a ton of features (and they keep adding more!). I really like the stickers it has (now animated); there's a lot to choose from. Also, the app is cloud-based, so no attachments to a phone; I use it on my desktop all the time. And finally, I like the bots and how easy it is to create one for our business, which we use this app for. There's a lot to like about this app but these are the features I like the most.

Cons

The only bad points I could come up with were 1) the lack of users. Many friends and family members are still using WhatsApp and it's tough to make them change their messaging app or even install a new one. 2) The app is currently not encrypting messages in normal chats, which is a little concerning, considering Telegram stores the messages in the cloud (which may be a reason why it can't encrypt them in the first place). But that's that.

An all-around excellent messenger

Overall this app was great for me, it has lots of great features which are helpful and other messengers lack or have taken from it. I personally believe it is the best messaging app currently available.

Pros

Telegram has a great privacy policy, it is completely ad free and all of its services are costless; including messaging, voice or video calls and more. Moreover, the app's prominent standpoint as a leading company in telecommunications services procedes from several advantages regarding maximum group capacity (200.000), minimum storage demand (less than 100mb for cellphones), cloud-based sync with...

Cons

Video calls or specific media downloads may drain plenty of mobile data compared to other apps, although this might be related to the quality of the image. I can't say i noticed any major disadvantages.

Excellent small tool for communications to externals and subcontractor

Easy to setup and lightweight and allows for confidential discussions in groups and/or in pairs. Does the job.

Pros

Telegram is a nice tool, with good usage options (web UI, mobile app, desktop app). It encrypts all the messaging automatically and it's even impossible to disable the encryption. This allows for communication of confidential business topics as well.

Cons

Telegram doesn't provide any kind of APIs and the integration possibilities are very low. However, for simple chat in a group or between two peers Telegram is a great app. Don't expect any nice integrations to other messaging tools, agile management products or kanban boards.

Messenger with a good security

We have use Telegram actively to shares files and document between my team and there are no size limitation on storing and sharing the files. Using this application is very convenient.

Pros

I really impress with Telegram security for the message that are sent out and the message that we receive. To be able to use it in business setting, security is the main point that we evaluate and we are satisfies with this application security. Sending a files with password protected feature really secure our communication in this application.

Cons

I just can't think of anything that i dislike with this application. Everything is working perfectly and smoothly for me to use it in business environment. Things that they can improve is, the mobile version has less feature compared to the desktop version and i need to login the application from web browser version to use certain feature.

Telegram is Fast ,Secure Messenger I Use for my business

My experience with telegram began when I started Crypto investment, I joined telegram and started joining groups and channels related to Crypto, I found it easy to communicate with groups members and admins, we shared knowledge I made friends, me myself I made friends from 6 countries, different cultures but telegram made that happen. the knowledge I got from these groups helped me make the right  business decisions that concluded in making a decent amount of profits

Pros

Basic Info about Telegram: Telegram is a worldwide messenger with over 500 million users, created in 2013, cloud-based fast messaging. it has end-to-end encrypted communication: audio, video calls,  file sharing, and more. it supports many interfaces like Mobile, Desktop, Web  -Telegram is cloud-based: you can use it on your PC or your Phone, no attachment to any device, with a simple interface any...

Cons

Telegram is Great but indeed it needs more improvements such as : -Telegram accounts are created by phone number, if I lose my phone number I can not access my account, there should be An option to pair it to the E-mail account - so many notifications in telegram groups like  when a group member joins

Revisión de Telegram

En este tiempo usando telegram, nunca dudé de que es la mejor aplicación de mensajería tanto para uso privado como en equipo. En todos los aspectos, supera las alternativas principales, proporcionando durante años características que recién comienzan a recoger ahora. Telegram ha sido durante mucho tiempo la única aplicación que permite respuestas de mensajes funcionales. Hoy en día esto también es posible en WhatsApp, pero incluso soluciones serias como Slack tienen mucho que mejorar en ese sentido. Suena como un detalle, pero la capacidad de hacer referencia a declaraciones pasadas de manera conveniente cambia las reglas del juego en un equipo asincrónico y remoto donde la información importante se puede perder muy fácilmente.

Pros

Me gusta mucho Telegram, su interfaz de usuario se ve muy bien, guarda todos nuestros chats y los medios que enviamos, en el servidor. y me gusta mucho el hecho de que es compatible en todas las plataformas como Windows, Mac, Linux, Android e iOS y también tienen su versión web y por eso podemos acceder a nuestros chats en cualquier momento y desde cualquier lugar. Y no hay límite para el tamaño del...

Cons

Telegram no tiene función de videollamada. Le sugerí Telegram a mi familia y amigos, pero no es muy popular en algunos países, por lo que no puedo usarlo con todos mis contactos.

Instant, reliable and secure communication

I have used telegram for personal communication with my contacts and for official communications. At work, we use Telegram Groups were for official communications. It gets us engaged.

Pros

The very outstanding feature about telegram is that it works swiftly and messaging is so instant. The app tells you whether your contact is online, recording audio or typing a text to you. If not online, then at least their last seen time. So, you judge for yourself whether it is timely to message the contact or not. Group chats have a very big threshold on the number of participants. It can allow...

Cons

There is a feature to edit a text which has already been sent and received. Allowing these alterations can be seriously harmful for a crucial conversation. Telegram is generally noisy. For example, there is a default notification setting that each time a new contact joins telegram, the app should notify you on that. This notification keeps on popping up with sound and vibration, even after disabling it in the settings. It is a displeasure.

Telegram Review

Except for the little cons I mentioned I've been using the application since 2017 and I acknowledge that it's very useful for my different tasks I am assigned to on the application.

Pros

Telegram is a straightforward application (software) for texting and communicating with other people with an interface that is very much like a: "What-you-see-is-what-you-get" it's also one of the dominant communication applications all over the world. And since some months ago we have witnessed an increasing number of new users from around the globe when another application know as WhatsApp made some decisions which did not suits its users. It's means that you get the much out of it when using the software. Many updates are still popping up, which makes users experience much more greater. It presents a useful and very simple texting system.

Cons

Like all Software products, Telegram has its eccentricities. It could be more interesting with some part of it withdrawn. The first point I would like to mention is about "the message deletion system on both side by one person" which is given to the two communicators. Sometimes, you might want to come back and use that message as a reminder or something to the person and telling him that once he/she...

My Favorite Instant Messaging App So Far

The fact that the file size limit is high coupled with Telegram actively protecting its users' privacy, allows me to quickly and efficiently exchange files with co-workers at times. This is rather convenient since emails have rather small limits in comparison.

Pros

My friends and I dowloaded Telegram when one of the most popular messaging apps (WhatsApp) went down for a full day. When the app was back online most people went back to it. We didn't. Why? Let me go down the list: -Up to 2gb file size limit -Plugins -Doesn't ruin your photos when you send them -No status updates (personal preference) -Very, very private (your information is safe, guys) -Better storage options -Themes and colors And that's not even half of it. I use it on my phone and on my computer and you can even make video calls in the desktop app, in contrast to the other apps I've used so far. And it keeps getting better overtime. It doesn't even feel like just a messaging app anymore but something better.

Cons

I have no complaints about Telegram honestly speaking. The only thing I'd consider downside (just a bummer, really) is the fact that it's not as popular as the other messaging apps so I always have to resort to those since most of my peers don't use it.

Free and easy to use software

A vast experience, the usability, the ease of access, everything is helpful, whether you are a chat expert or just starting out, everything is and will be great. Also the ability to have as many members as possible in groups and channels has been a huge benefit to me since I started using this app. It has allowed me to have a massive reach and thus has given my business a significant boost in terms of sales.

Pros

Why adopt this software? First of all, I like the fact that the conversations are totally secure. Telegram is one of the leaders in instant messaging on smartphones. Sending is very fast and there is very little loading time. I like the fact that you can start a conversation on your phone and continue it on your computer. Unlike other services, Telegram does not limit the size of the transferred...

Cons

No video feature. I've been waiting for their update for years, but I don't think they have any intention of putting in a video feature. I also don't like the bots and spam that telegraph, it really causes my app to flood, and is one of the reasons I ask my friends to switch back to Viber. In addition, there is no possibility of adding stories compared to its direct competitor, Whatsapp, which gives the possibility of sharing photos or videos of moments. slow reconnection during conversations, not easy to find me when it is a message quoted in group conversations, I have not found a way to easily respond to messages from the notification bar.

Telegram is the best social media platform

Pros

1- Faster and safer Telegram relies on "servers" distributed around the world to ensure speed and security, and the application developer says that it is more secure than other instant messaging applications such as WhatsApp and Line thanks to the company's adoption of a special protocol called MTProto, which relies on algorithms that ensure the speed of the confidential delivery of messages. It...

Cons

The problems and defects of the telegram program 1- Data and battery consumption The Telegram app consumes mobile data a lot, and it only works well if you have a good network. It also consumes more battery power when compared to other social media programs. 2- The status update appears in public You can usually hide the status update and make it available only to contacts in most social media...

The new way of communication that prevails the privacy

The best experience so far. I will always choose Telegram over any other application. It have worked amazing for me, and I hope

Pros

Privacy for me as a software developer is very important, Telegram is very known to be one of the most secured free messaging application in the market. As well Telegram team have been doing incredible leaps on creating amazing features that makes telegram very unique compared to other platforms. Some amazing features of telegram is the ability to send audios/videos from just one click, and I think it is a more immersive experience of messaging. The many extra little features like their gifs and stickers slowly starts to add up to make it a great software. As well having a native computer application makes messaging amazing.

Cons

So far I will lie that something has no been at the top level of the messaging software there is available. For me telegram have been the best of a free messaging application. What I'm mostly missing is all my friends to migrate from their other platforms to Telegram

Topmost secure and multiple-account chatting app

The ability to have as many members as possible in groups and channels has been of immense benefit to me since I began using this app about 4 years ago. It has enabled me to have a massive outreach and has thus provided a significant boost to my business in terms of sales. Couldn't wish for anything better, honestly. I'd definitely recommend Telegram to anyone seeking simplicity, multiplicity in terms of access, and most importantly security and privacy.

Pros

I love everything about Telegram, to be very honest. The ability to use the app in multiple devices is one thing I really love about it. I can access my account directly from my PC even when my phone is unavailable. This is very convenient for me as my phone isn't always with me. I also love the fact that it allows as many people as possible in a group; not to mention the availability of channels. What I love the most about Telegram is the app's strong end-to-end encryption and great appreciation and value for users' privacy. Fantastic app by all standards.

Cons

The only thing I really wish could be integrated into Telegram is the video call feature. There're video messages alright, but that cannot be compared to long amazing video calls. I don't think there's any other problem I have with it other than this. Just add this, and trust me, you'll have everyone else flocking on to this fantastic software.

Telegram, one of the best applications for fast messaging.

Telegram, a clean experience, is very easy for new users to understand the interface and will not be overwhelmed by anything. It provides fast and reliable lines of communication essential for businesses. I use Telegram to manage client conversations individually or in private groups. You can even schedule publications on Telegram, which is very useful for performing many repetitive tasks.

Pros

Tribute to the Telegram team, I can say that you are the best. First of all, you can install the same account on several different phones or computer media. This gives me great convenience, because sometimes I forget my smartphone and I can access the mail via my laptop without any worries. In addition, it allows me to download software or documents or music from the Telegram cloud very easily. In short, the group chat features are very nice, like polling and fixed messages and nice emojis. I love it ! ! Telegram's many functions make life easier for professionals or individuals. I highly recommend Telegram.

Cons

The only problem at the moment is that many people don't use Telegram too much. Let's hope that they also encourage professionals, especially businesses, to use Telegram as an interactive means of communication to contact their clients. It should also sometimes be noted that video calls or downloads of specific media can consume too much mobile data compared to other applications, although this may be evidenced by the quality of the image.

Fast and Secure Messaging App and It's Free

Telegram is an amazing app with a lot of helpful and cool features and It helped me to stay in contact with a lot of friends and clients without worrying about my data security and safety. I will keep using it and I'm very happy with all the hard work Telegram doing and I hope in the future they will add more features. Thank you Telegram.

Pros

I really like it because It's %100 free and very easy to use with a user-friendly UI. It allows me to use it on all the platforms and I really like the windows desktop software. I feel really safe and secure using Telegram daily and I never had a privacy problem and I like the end-to-end encryption option in the Telegram secret chat option. It allows me to send large files and share them with...

Cons

I really would like to see all my chats on the secret chat option to get the end-to-end encryption option to feel more safe and secure.

Telegram is the only app i need for chat platform.

Oh how should i elaborate? it's vast, the experience, the usability, the ease of access, everything is helpful no matter if you are a chat expert or just getting started everything is and will be awesome. We are constantly using telegram bot API to fetch our panel tasks and operate them with webhooks everything linked together with telegram.

Pros

Everything, yes, i like everything about Telegram, not matter if it's the end-to-end encyption or the developer API everything is God Level and crafted with ease of mind. The Bot API is even more amazing making it easier to integrate telegram bots with our own panel for easier operational tasks. Did i meantion it's cross-plattform? and your chats are stored with strong encryptions in the cloud, it's just a top tier product.

Cons

nothing, every part of it is amazing you can utilise the public API to build a platform for your own need and requirement while enjoying the security telegram provides. The thing i miss in telegram is just a minor feature and that's TOTP 2FA nothing else.

Alternative Messaging App

Telegram has been good to me since it's very cool and fast to use, comparing to other messaging app. I had not experience lagging when I use this app. But now it's just one of my alternative messaging app, when my other messaging app is not working. It's hard to admit but my friends, are all starting to uninstall this app because of the cons of getting a lot of spam messages. I loved and been constantly using this app before but now, it has become my alternative go-to app. But overall, I wish telegram can make it better in the future.

Pros

I've been a fan of Telegram since 2014, and been using it until now as alternative messaging for friends and family. It has been the fastest messaging app I had ever use comparing to other app I have used before. It's been so cool and friendly and never changed. I had used this for calls and chat for hours and never experience that it lagged on me.

Cons

No video feature. I had been waiting for their update for years, but i think they don't have any plans of putting any video feature. Telegram is very reliable. But I wish they could add this feature soon. They we're the first to put video message but It's nice if they could also put video calls since the app has been always fast and easy to use. I also don't like the bots and spams that telegram, it really cause flooding to my app, and It's one reason why I ask my friends to switch back to Viber.

Easy and secure multiple chatting apps

All things considered, I have decided to use Telegram apps. Because I have a big team, I don't want the team's secret discussion to spread on social media all the time. So I opened the Secret Channel of Telegram and discussed with the employees. I exchange all my necessary files there. Telegram apps are very simple which makes it easy for my employees to understand so I like using telegram apps the most.

Pros

Telegram Chatting Apps is one of the best chat apps in the market for use on any device. The interface of Telegram chatting apps is much simpler and much more secure to chat with. Telegram chatting apps can make video conferencing and audio calls very nicely. Telegram apps also have various benefits. Telegram chatting apps have the facility to create channels and Telegram chatting apps have the facility to open Messenger chat groups. There are opportunities to chat in private groups so that foreigners are not allowed to enter. So it is very safe to communicate telegram chatting apps from other social media and various chatting apps.

Cons

I prefer Telegram chatting apps, as it allows you to upload any type of file you want and share it with chatting members. Telegram Chatting Apps No file is shared anywhere else so the file is safe. What I like most about the security of Telegram Chatting is that important documents can be exchanged through Telegram Chatting Apps and as the first in the virtual world of security, Telegram Chatting Apps is a secure app. So I prefer Tetelgram chatting apps.

Telegram is currently the best communication software

I have been using telegram since long, And using it only when I have to contact my seniors and friends who are already using it to communicate with our freelancing team. We often use it to share secret documents and files that need more security. We use telegram to share our picnic photos with all our friends as it don't compress your photos and keep the quality original.

Pros

I have been using telegram for last 2+ years for all mt business and secret chat, I can share documents, location, files, photos, videos, voice and even video msseages. You can make multiple telegram groups and add more people in it, you can clear the chat, delete chat history, you can do what ever you need. One thing to mention is that it keep the quality of your files and photos original and don't compress it.

Cons

Still not experienced any cons but one thing to mention is that it still need promotions, because if you want to contact someone through telegram you will see them absent because in your contact list only a few people will be there. Simply would say that only few people know about the goodness of telegram.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.