BigContacts

Affordable CRM Software for Small Business

BigContacts Reviews

Pros

I like the comprehensive "dash board" look and feel of Big Contacts. The web based product is far superior to ACT! in ease of use, and ease of access by pc, blackberry, or a client's computer.

Anne S.

Very impressed with big contacts, it is very easy to use and offers a lot of options and services for a very affordable price.

greg s.

User Friendly and very easy to customize. Great tech support that is very responsive to our needs.

John C.

Cons

I don't want an I-Phone because AT&T's phone service is beyond unacceptable where I live and work. They have the worst phone coverage of any service in Northern California.

Paula L.

Minor complaint would be sometimes (not every time - maybe user error?) the Company Name would not appear in contact search.

Joy C.

Updating contacts when their information changes can be tricky because you must add another contact and then it can become confusing when trying to figure out which one is correct.

Alejandra M.

Highly Recommend

We have been with Big Contacts for over five years. We were looking for a program that was web based that would allow us to track customer information in over 40 states. BC has delivered everything we needed and more. One of the most valuable tools is the history and the email tracking capabilities. This program offers many utilities and options to increase sales and lower the sales cycle. I highly recommend this product for anyone that is in need of monitoring sales calls and customer information.

Pros

This product is easy to use, very easy to understand and easily updated. Great tool when territory changes are needed. All information is up to date and easy to find.

Cons

We have not expereinced any problems that were negative to our needs.

Having one place for customer information whether it was a completed or pending sale, billing or repair issues, and the scheduling of tasks is HUGE - it makes it easy for the remote workers. Attachements are shown separately. Connecting with Quickbooks.

Pros

Scheduling tasks for yourself or others. Historical data of contacts with your clients, whether it was a phone call, email, meeting and attachments, even the direct marketing campaign for those special offers to all or some clients. Ability to enter social media information. Ability to see the daily, weekly, monthly calendar for your entire team. Basic or Custom reports.

Cons

No place to enter time (duration of a call). No way to click on the client's twitter, facebook or linkedin feed. Ability to look up a contact via telephone number.

So far the better CRM

easier than other CRM Ive used, the pricing is reasonable, but some things still needs alot of improvement, man I cant believe no one out their has something simple to use and actually works!!! and does not cost an arm and a leg....

Pros

for the past four years we have used Zoho,Oprius,Bartchbook. Bigcontacts seems to be the easier one to pull reports, the contacts info has all the email,tasks,notes right in one place making it easy for everyone to review what is going on with each customer. The non tech people that use it are not having a difficult time, that is one of the major reasons we switched.

Cons

We have a retail business, the marketing portion of bigcontacts lacks I was under that impression when I sing up I can send out thank you cards, and email follow ups but I had to sign up for vertical response so I have to double enter contact info to do all that.....pretty lame, Ive ask tech support about the integration but after after several emails Ive never got a straight response only that they are working with a vendor. I also wanted to up load a couple of list and some contacts maybe deputes, bigcontacts does not combine dupes...you have to fix everything on one list then up load it...if you have a new list it will over write the existing one....what????

David, Thank you for the feedback. We have some great news for you as there appears to be some confusion regarding the marketing module. You mentioned: ------------------------------------------------------------- "the marketing portion of Bigcontacts lacks I was under that impression when I sing up I can send out thank you cards, and email follow ups but I had to sign up for vertical response...

Ex-Salesforce.com user appreciates value of BigContacts

I would definitely recommend BigContacts for ease of use, price, features, and value.

Pros

The BigContacts CRM System is pretty straightforward in terms of setup and implementation. Once you learn the basic rules in terms of setting up fields, etc. you can begin using the software with confidence. The videos are extremely helpful also. The price is one-third to one-fourth the cost of Salesforce.com.

Cons

There are a few features that are a little less intuitive and may require some help from support. If you can't find the right answer in the support materials or the videos they will get on the phone after you have placed a support request. This may take some time if it is off hours, but the response is always within a 24 hour window at the longest.

Does the Job /Good value.

Great company, great service

Pros

Good value for cost per user. Like the web-based format and the customization options.

Cons

Reports could be better + mobile app would be nice.

Excellent software

Very responsive group whenever I contact them with questions.

Pros

Ease of use. Cloud based. Great customer service support.

Cons

There is only one thing that I wish was available with this software. Right now whenever you want to move someone from one date to another date on the calendar it must be done individually. Sometimes I want to move multiple contacts at one time and there is no way to do it in a group.

HUGE RELIEF

One of our sales team discovered BigContacts in Fall 2007 and recommended we try it. At the time we'd tried two other web-based CRM systems with frustrating results. As soon as I saw the clean, easy-to-understand layout of BigContacts, I was sold. We switched over immediately and the entire sales team (and me) felt a HUGE RELIEF. Since 2007, Big Contacts has gone through several major upgrades....

Pros

1. clean, simple, intuitive, easy to use 2. customer service is prompt, competent, speaks perfect English, is based in the United States

Cons

upgrades are a challenge, but they get solved thanks to the PROS listed above.

Wayne Review

Great system to use

Pros

Liked that it was easy to use and it flowed well for us.

Cons

Need to be able to add the address up front when creating a new contact. Right now you have to create the new contact and then go back in to edit to add the address.

Good package for beginners

Does the job i need it do, and you guys give me a good service for peanuts, so cant say anything negative

Pros

had it from the start so for me the price

Cons

limited API interface, i would like to see full mailchimp interation for example

CRM with customization!

I use BigContacts for recruitment. I searched for a combination CRM / ATS high and low, and was glad I found BigContacts. Many other CRMs didn't function like an ATS, and no ATS had a CRM function. My candidate searching is done through prospecting (like sales) but I needed to be able to track each candidate's progress through the recruitment (sales) cycle. BigContacts is great because I was able to customize many parts of the system to fit my needs.

Pros

The customization is great. You can create fields that specifically fit your business needs. You can add several users and control the amount of access each user has in the system.

Cons

Sometimes the system can be a little slow, but they are making great improvements each day.

Just what I was looking for

I started out using Excel but that soon became overwhelming and I knew I needed something more flexible. I tried several CRMs, even one designed for MLM consultants, but Big Contacts had the features a was looking for. I can add custom fields to contacts like favorite product and even run a search by that field. The alerts are super helpful as I don't always go to the website everyday so I will know if I have a task if I get an email. I could opt in for marketing but I'm small enough I can do personal emails. The capture emails from my email isnt working because I have Outlook but I haven't talked to support about it yet to see if there is a work around. That would be awesome if it would capture and add incoming emails to the correct contact!

Pros

Set up automatic task alerts Set up tasks with a series or preset tasks to be completed and get alerts when it's time to complete them Add notes and communication logs to contacts Add documents Custom fields

Cons

More fields than I need as MLM consultant (but I can hide them) Set up takes tim Need Bigger or Biggest plan for email alerts

CRM for small and medium sized companies

The response to my question today was very fast. Thanks.

Pros

Ability to download our list of contacts into the software. Less expensive than Salesforce. Easy to add contacts, add activities and send notifications.

Cons

The reporting function was/still is not very intuitive or user friendly.

I've tried them all....

I am reinstalling my contacts to get back up to running with BC, so ask me in a few months. I don't foree any issues.

Pros

I've been using Big Contacts for over 10 years. Last fall I was thinking I was going a different direction and I was thinking Big Contacts didn't offer what I wanted, so I spent over 2 months trying EVERTYHING out there and I disliked trying to re-learn the OTHER ways programs sorted their contacts. I finally found a replacement for Big Contacts and went with it, and now after 5 months using the other program, I am coming back to Big Contacts. With the new options they have developed, their very competitive pricing and their great customer service, they really CANNOT BE BEAT.

Cons

Nothing so far, contact me in a few months

BigContacts is robust, easy to use & has THE best support.

Helps us seem like a large firm with recurring task lists, mass emails & email storage.

Pros

The well organized but customizable graphical interface.

Cons

Doesn't integrate with my financial planning software.

Overall good review

overall good. I would like to see marketing module give the option of transferring contacts

Pros

Being able to put in history, notes and seeing past emails

Cons

Can't change the name of the company once saved. Marketing module doesn't transfer contacts automatically.

Perfect for what we need!

My company has been using Big Contacts for a little over a year now. Since they released the new updated version for beta testing, I have shared it with my coworkers and they are all excited to use the new version. We are able to keep track of customer calls, notes and important information. It is a user friendly interface and is very useful when communicating with my coworkers about clients. We are glad to use Big Contacts and will continue to use it! I will also use it when I open my own business very soon. Thank you!

Pros

I love the user friendly interface and the ease of use. It allows me to see any updates regarding clients and allow my coworkers to stay up to date on tasks and important information.

Cons

I wish there was a tagging feature to alert people of updated information (notes, activity), instead of them having to "follow" the certain contact.

outstanding value

I have found that using the program designed allows me to enter information once and forget about it. It has helped in moving my business to a truly paperless environment. When I am not in the office I can access the mobile app prior to a call to refresh my memory and review the history before a call with a client. Anytime I have had a question or an issue the support team has gotten back to me quickly and has done what they promised.

Pros

The program is easy to navigate and intuitive. I especially like the ability to customize fields to my specific needs.

Cons

Once in a while the program will freeze and the input isn't saved. I'm more aware to clear my browser (Chrome) to maximize efficiency of the program.

Big Contacts Keeps Us Connected

We have found Big Contacts to be a great solution to keeping our staff connected and in control of our CRM. We use calendar functions, schedule meetings, track sales, schedule contact follow ups, add history on all calls and track progress on sales goals and pipeline from mobile and desktop. The product meets our needs at fraction of the price of other products. Big Contacts is very user friendly compared with my experience with Salesforce! We appreciate the value, reliability and the flexible fields that customize the program to meet our needs.

Pros

Flexible fields to customize our use. Multiple users with individual setting controls in admin. Mobile Application.

Cons

Sometimes search does not find what I am looking for

Great Tool, great price

I've yet to find ONE tool that does everything I need. I've given up trying. Big Contact does a better job at handling most of my data. I still rely heavily on a variety of spreadsheets, but this is a great component of a larger system. I've found their customer service to be far superior to any other team. Easy to reach, knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

I like that I can customize it -'tab order', check boxes, the report writer

Cons

A silly gripe...but I need to be able to copy & paste the client data into another software application. As it stands now I get the google maps logo in my cut & paste & it really screws up the fomatting, etc in the other applications!!1 I LOVE the google map feature....I just wish it were located somewhere else!

Big Contacts: underrated, affordable little powerhouse

Pros

It's web-deliverable, so you can access BigContacts from any internet connection anywhere. It has a plug-n-play learning curve, and the top-shelf features at a bargain price. I compared it to Salesforce.com and other similar websites, but dollar for dollar, not only was BigContacts the best value, it did the job. We update client profiles after every contact, and we send emails and mass mail all...

Cons

I would like an iPhone app that complements the web-deliverable software.

Love 3.0 - Smooth and Clean - Intuitive

I have been using Big C for several years now. I have gone through various iterations on the way to it becoming better. I'm impressed that the company has grown into a great organization. Great product and very responsive. I love to be able to give feedback easily while an issue is at hand. I don't mind waiting for a response because I can keep working. 3.0 has a great feel and is very intuitive. I love that some of my suggestions have been incorporated in this new release. I'm sure others suggested some of the same things but it is great to see Big C being responsive to the feedback. I would highly recommend this to others, and in fact have done so. Keep up the good work and thanks. ...Craig Pattberg

Pros

Ease of use, clean

Cons

Reports

Big Contacts has made us better... D. Mauer

Big Contacts has help us get more done in an already busy work week. And if you spend ANY amount of time out of the office, you'll be glad to bring all of your contacts with you... Thanks to Big Contacts. Price was also a big factor for us when considering online CMR's. The amount we pay for our multiple users makes Big Contacts almost FREE when compared to the savings created by increased productivity and connectivity. Plus our clients appreciate the detailed tracking of correspondence and sales all made avaliable at the touch of a button by Big Contacts. D. Mauer

Pros

I have been a user of Big Contacts coming up on two years (July 2008). And though it took real effort for me to break-away from a stand alone version of ACT, I'm glad I've made the move to a web-based CRM. I looked extensively at SalesForce.com and other similar websites, but dollar for dollar not only was Big Contacts the best value, but it had what I needed to keep track of my clients. The ability to travel up to 18-weeks a year and have all my contacts on the web has made us a more efficient company. We update client profiles after every contact, send emails and mass mail all with Big Contacts from any internet connection globally. I like that... D. Mauer

Cons

I would like it to be easier to look up a client by any of their contact information. It takes too much time to find someone by their phone number or email if you don't know the exact "field" you entered that info into. Also, creating labels to do a mailer could be easier... I also look forward to a "google app" I can download onto my HTC Hero so I can better navigate Big Contacts on the go. D. Mauer

Great Product

This is a great platform and meets all of your contact management needs.

Pros

Keeps me on task! It allows me to focus on the sales interaction and not on organizing my data.

Cons

No multiple points mapping program. Everything else is great!

Great value - easy to use

We have been with BigContacts for 2+ years and our employees actively use it daily with few complaints.

Pros

The Contact view is very intuitive and easy to follow with everything you would want to see about the contact on a single screen. I also like being able to see the Contact’s LinkedIn profile & photo. Adding notes and updating tasks are also very easy to do.

Cons

The sales opportunity tracking & reports could use an upgrade but I understand that developers are working on these features, so when done BigContacts will be an excellent alternative to Salesforce, Zoho, etc.

An easy-to-use and full featured CRM for non-tech people

Big Contacts allows me to keep tabs on all aspects of my client relationships and does so in an easy-to-learn manner. That allowed me to convince my colleagues to embrace using it throughout our team and the learning process was painless. I particularly enjoy the level of customization available and use this to create reports that are very useful to me. The summary page in contact view of a business is comprehensive and very helpful to have open when meeting or talking with a client. The Big Contacts Support Team has always been very prompt and thorough whenever I have had a question. I enthusiastically endorse this product and company!

Pros

Ease of use, level of customization available

Cons

accessing it via my I Phone