InitLive Reviews

4.61/5 (67 reviews)

Wolfram Lunscher

InitLive at EMC 2016

Reviewed 2016-08-26

InitLive was used to manage 60 volunteers at a 5 day conference in the Ottawa Shaw Centre. Over 100 initially signed up but many did not remain to participate, a common problem. In the past volunteer recruiting and management was performed with spreadsheets, email and telephone, an onerous process for more than 20 people. InitLive automated this process considerably making the size of the volunteer team almost irrelevant. It also shifted responsibility for shift and role selection entirely to the volunteers, previously it was with the event manager. This took a big load off. Communication was also simplified with the integrated communication features, and I could instantly tell who was where with a simple touch on my tablet. Compared to other volunteer management software I've seen, InitLive has the best interface by far. The end to end management of people and the program within the Web interface. You can see at a glance, in the web interface, where there are openings in the program staffing. Signup to roles and shifts is easy, though some of the older volunteers found it challenging. Visually it looks good, especially for the administrator. So I like the interface. In the device app it is nice that it informs the administrator instantly of staffing problems in the current shift. The various reports were useful, especially after the event when compiling the conference reports. The volunteer app seemed almost trivial to operate. The young people, especially, took to it very well. Volunteer communications pop up as notifications, so the admin can address them immediately. It works well as a central communications hub for all volunteer communication before, during and after.

Sarah Martin

Good for organizing volunteers pre-event, not as great for day of application

Reviewed 2016-08-16

All in all the app is great for organizing volunteers, especially in large numbers but for a smaller group of volunteers we found our current method of organizing volunteers on an excel spreadsheet worked just as well. We were hoping that we'd get more communication functionality from the app but think there is still room for improvement in that respect.The back end website is user friendly. It is easy to upload an excel template of your volunteers or add people individually. If you are looking for a way to organize volunteers and schedule volunteers that's where the product shines most. You can build roles, assign individuals and set schedules easily. There is a good deal of customization in this area which is helpful. You are able to assign multiple event managers so they also have the "power" to make changes on the website and within the app once your event goes live as well.

Allison Collier

Mixed Emotions

Reviewed 2018-12-18

We used them for two years until we decided that it wasn't going to work as well as we hoped since we have a changing shift and the time to input all the information took someone quite awhile.I love the ability to customize schedules for groups of people and that works great if you have a steady schedule and need to assign shifts, etc. It is still a growing company so they are easy to work with and customer service is great. It does give good report option for review but the reports aren't customizable so you still have to edit them after you download content.

Caroline Thompson

InitLive - loving working with this team and their software!

Reviewed 2016-08-18

Wow. What an amazing, hard-working team to work with. We've been a client of InitLive's since January 2016 and they have been incredible so far. The customer service is fantastic and sets an example. The company is quite new and so the InitLive software continues to evolve, but what's great is that it's evolving in no small part down to the feedback, suggestions and operational requirements of the clients. It's terrific to be included in the process; we've already seen suggestions incorporated into software updates. The software is intuitive, looks great and simplicity is the backbone value of the software, which is key. We've been using the software so far to collect volunteer applications and sort them, and I have no issues to report with that. I'm looking forward to moving into Live territory where we'll be using the event app with our volunteer teams. I love the 'Live chat' facility - the support is right there!

Al Ozipko

InitLive Feedback

Reviewed 2016-08-28

Used the software project at the Marshes last year during the World Girls Juniors. We used the software application to acquire, register, and track around 100 volunteers for a 3 day international golf tournament.The application handled a lot of the volunteer registration and shift scheduling well. It gave us a good idea of where we required additional volunteers. It assisted us in tracking volunteers shifts and determine when volunteers were late or did not show.

Danielle Boiston

Management of our Annual Meeting external staff

Reviewed 2016-09-12

When I had a new shift opening up on site, I specifically needed to identity which staff were available. Following discussion with InitLive, I learnt that they added an icon that will display next to the name of any staff who are already scheduled in another shift. This will save you time and allow you to see exactly who is available at a glance... a feature i look forward to testing at out next annual meeting.The broadcast feature made it easy to communicate a message with exactly the right group of volunteers, this made connecting with my team much easier on event day

Anonymous

Excellent event management software

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-13

We have used this for about five years within my current company for our annual Gala event. Very user friendly, intuitive and a great tool to schedule and communicate with staff, volunteers. They offer live webinars, in person training and support is always available. Signing up and registering for roles , shifts is easy. The reports are helpful and the interface is attractive and modern. Some of the volunteer management features include group, event, membership, attendance, scheduling, training. They offer a variety of event management and employee scheduling tools.

Maggie Whiteman

Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I looked into using InitLive for a college concert band festival that I run. A smaller event, we manage about 150 volunteers and host around 3,000 high school musicians. InitLive has a beautiful interface, is very easy to use, and offers a wonderful introductory experience. I love that there is an app that is designed with the user in mind - simplicity at the fore. The only deterring factors I experienced were in regards to being able to control certain features. The basics are set-up very well (volunteer sign-ups, scheduling, messaging, etc.), but there were minute details that I would have changed to better suit my festival's needs. As well, the price unfortunately was the end-all determining factor that obstructed our ability to use InitLive. Even after working personally with Avery to find a compromise price, we were still unable to justify the cost. Because the festival runs through a university, which also hosts seven other festivals, our goal was to find a great software that could be used for all festivals, providing a consistent volunteering experience for our students. The hope is that one day, the university will be able to afford a quality program like InitLive for all festivals and events. I highly recommend InitLive if you are looking for a beautifully designed interface with exceptional customer service.

Allison Collier

Very helpful when you are organizing several hundred participants

Reviewed 2017-06-27

I love the integrated app and how easily you can reach volunteers during the event. I like that the database is downloadable to excel so we can edit as we see fit. The process is simple from the users standpoint as a click and save model.

Heather Bruns

Outstanding customer service! Easy to use and allows the export of a large variety of information.

Reviewed 2017-12-09

organization and ease of tracking of volunteers. Easy to set up and edit shifts, staff, and roles. Overall, the software is user-friendly. There are many custom features that allow it to fit the needs of a variety of organization. We are a soccer club that needed software to manage volunteers for a tournament and corresponding set-up and tear down dates. The information that can be exported is very useful and easy to access. Our customer service representative was amazing! She provided timely help EVERY time I needed it and was always willing and able to look at my issues and solve my problems. Overall VERY pleased with InitLive!

Lely Chaffee

Love this app and this Company

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2016-11-01

We run a convention company that has been in business for 10 years. We tried this app at our last show and it became a great help with our volunteers. Now with the updates this has gone to the next level. Our next show is in a week and our schedule is up and people picking shifts and getting excited. There are so many great things about this app. I can't wait till they add in the function of availability. That will elevate it more. Avery and her team has gone out of her way to help us and to show us how to utilize this app. At our last show she was always there to help us at anytime which took away a lot of the stress I had about using a new app. I know this show will be even better!The volunteers being able to pick shifts, the ability to leave reviews on the volunteers that's hidden, and the different role levels that are based roles (shift supervisor, check in administrator)

Lewis Fuller

Saved my bacon!

Reviewed 2016-03-24

As a professional events planner/coordinator, I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know software like this existed, but boy am I ever glad InitLive reached out to me through their marketing efforts and walked me through a demo, and their team was a pleasure to work with. It was the first time we'd managed an event with such a large number of volunteers, and it really solved what could have been an impossible task otherwise. In usage, not only did it deliver on it's promised functions, but it was easy and intuitive to use. I loved that we could easily track our volunteer check-in's on event day, and the web software saved a lot of time scheduling staff and volunteers. We especially loved the shared document feature because we could share maps with all our volunteers. It was nice to finally have a tool that keeps all communication info together in one place. We'll never use excel spreadsheets again! Lastly, having a mobile app that kept us connected with all of our volunteers made us feel confident that we could communicate with them if any emergency situation or scheduling problem came up, and that kind of peace of mind is worth a lot in this business. I think I might just end up with a few less grey hairs on my head going forward.

Maggie Warren

INIT LIVE makes large-scale events easy

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-12-12

I love that INIT Live makes staffing large events easy and helps guide you through holes where more staff could be useful. I also really liked the in-app communication aspect. The interface is incredibly user-friendly and looks organized.

Donna Peterson

Such a stress reliever!

Reviewed 2016-08-09

Previously, I hadn't been using a volunteer management software, and I found the volunteer side of events daunting, but colleague of mine told me about InitLive earlier this year and i decided to try it. I've honestly never felt so organized and in control. I knew I could communicate with any of my volunteers at the touch of a button. I was awesome being able to get volunteers to sign themselves up for shifts. I also loved that I didn't have to use walkie-talkies during the event - they're the most annoying things to use!

Allyson Larimer

Great platform for managing volunteers

Reviewed 2017-03-23

I can't say enough about this app. It really made scheduling volunteers for our conference much easier. There are a ton of videos on how to use it, and the customer support cannot be beat. They are truly proactive in meeting you needs. They will sit down and explain the system to you and help with anything you need. The app is great, but the customer service is world class. Easy to use, great tool for managing large groups of people with instant communication.

Jess Hale

Avery has been fantastic to work with! I'm looking forward to using this program for our first fest!

Reviewed 2017-08-03

I am able to manage my volunteers as they sign up, see where I need to find more volunteers to work, and I will be able to manage and communicate with them on site via mobile means instead of physically having to move people.I like being able to break down the schedule by jobs and view all of the roles in a shift. I also like that I can set qualifications for roles.

Emma Eastman

Finally a tool made for events!

Reviewed 2016-03-31

For the past couple of years I've been using software tools to help with my staff and volunteer management but it was pretty clear that these tools were not designed with event planners in mind. I had no idea what I was missing until I heard about InitLive at a conference I attended. No matter what staff management tool I was using, I always needed to have backup excel spreadsheets, a separate app to use for staff and volunteer check-ins, and a way to communicate with my volunteers on my event day. I didn't even know that a system existed that had scheduling, reporting, and day-of communication all in one place. I'm so happy I found this tool. It has made planning my events much easier and has saved me money on all the other software I was using before. Other highlights include the training and support from their team. I don't know if the support team would want me advertising this, but my account manager often responded quickly even during evenings and weekends with detailed answers to any questions I had. Great software all around. I definitely recommend it.

Amy Richardson

Easy and reliable

Reviewed 2016-06-22

While InitLive is a bit more expensive than the app we used before, I'm glad to say there's a good reason. This is the most well-rounded volunteer management software I used for events. I especially loved that I was able to have so much information kept in my phone on event day.The shift reminders and communication on event day are great. We had way fewer no-show volunteers than in previous years because they were automatically reminded when they had a shift coming up.

John Usedom

Our leadership and staff found InitLive to be a huge improvement over the software used last year.

Reviewed 2017-06-29

The app was truly a time and energy saver for our team. Being able to quickly communicate with the teams using our phones allowed us to keep the staff informed of changes during the event allowing them to focus on important matters at hand.

Nancy Dagenais

Good back end, cool app

Reviewed 2016-08-16

I tried InitLive after using some other software products in previous years. The back end had almost everything I wanted. Missing a little bit of customization, but it was easy to get around that. The app, however, was amazing. We've got some younger volunteers who were incredibly engaged. I found that more of them showed up and that I didn't have took searching for information. This changed the way we operated during the festival!The app, it made it so much easier to connect with everyone. They have ext message back up for people who don't have the app.

Tyler Morse

Live Concert Festival Planning and Organization

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-12-14

All your tracking of the Event in one Place Easily organize Volunteers and event details Mobile App is a life-saver for day of event use Being able to track problems is a huge benefit of the software Makes the recruitment of volunteers a breeze

Brandi Lauve

Terrific Team Results with InitLive

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2016-08-24

InitLive offered us the best communication tool for our onsite team and volunteers that we could ask for. We were more connected and better prepared to staff all of our the responsibilities during the event and we are so happy that we had the InitLive app!We enjoyed the ability to connect with anyone who was part of our group, the ability to look at your schedule at a glance and the incredible tech support. The app is easy to understand, and I loved being able to filter the list and search for certain classes and find out who was staffing which room.

Margie Eastman

Life saver!

Reviewed 2016-08-10

I used to use Excel spreadsheets to manage my staff and volunteers. It consumed a lot of my time and made it very difficult to keep up with all of the changes to the schedule. I'm really glad a colleague recommend this volunteer tool to me.Everything is all in one place. It's really nice to know that I have control of the scheduling and communications in a central location. Even better is that I don't have to carry around a binder at my events anymore. It's all on my phone.

Andrew Press

The Ride 2016 - The Ottawa Hospital Foundation

Reviewed 2016-08-21

Hard to tell given that we cant really test it until its live in the field. So far I believe it is OK but team reports some features are limiting such as the import (only certain fields) and a really limiting feature that everyone needs a unique e-mail (response/solution was weak)Increased of in-the-field communications with volunteers. Volunteers have quicker access to schedules and info pre-event and on site

Lauren Arnold

A Great First Experience

Reviewed 2016-10-17

This was our first time using an app for any kind of volunteer management. We used it to help streamline communication with our volunteers for Homecoming. I found that it was advantageous to me as an admin in that it was quick and easy to contact individuals as needed. We got great feedback from our volunteers about how it was easy and convenient to reference their job descriptions. The shift reminders also came in handy. One thing that wasn't so important for us to have was the check-in and check-out features. On the day of the event, both the volunteers and the staff were just too busy to keep track of check-ins or outs. Our main concern was being able to quickly get a hold of someone if there was a major problem. If there had been any emergencies, we would have been able to do so. I believe we will use the app for future events.